Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,938 members, 7,810,608 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:58 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (436) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (793300 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) (438) (439) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by afeezzezo: 9:54am On May 07, 2019
fairheart:
What program are you going for?
Masters in forensic accounting
I dont know how to go about i
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Dfameguy: 9:57am On May 07, 2019
Please my oga them what are the require need for one to study in Canadian nd how much will be cost of all things
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Brown2Green(m): 9:58am On May 07, 2019
ubigurl:
goodmorning fam,please and please i got admission and working on my visa interview and i need to work on my home ties,i have two kids that were born in the USA im considering telling the VO that intend leaving them behind and they can always visit when they are on break,do you think its strong enough for a home tie? and my husband will stay back too because of work.(even if we change our minds tomorrow it wont be an issue because they already hav their us passport and wont need the f2 visa).We also plan on taking some documents of the landed properties we have just to show the strong ties at home,is it also strong enough?

It is easier for a man to use his wife and kids as home tie and his wife goes to visit the man with kids.
Flipping the coin around is a 50:50

You'll be asked why you're not going with your kids because it's a norm that mom take care of their kids.
Why would you leave your kids with your husband to study?
What does your husband do? How will he take care of your kids, work and sponsor you (if you're not on full scholarship)

If you take your kids your husband will hardly be allowed to visit you as he's a very strong home tie.

You need to think things through.

And your kids were born abroad is no counting point in this situation.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 10:01am On May 07, 2019
This thread if for US ONLY! Thanks!
Dfameguy:
Please my oga them what are the require need for one to study in Canadian nd how much will be cost of all things
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 10:01am On May 07, 2019
Nice program. Have you applied to any school at all?
afeezzezo:

Masters in forensic accounting
I dont know how to go about i
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 10:06am On May 07, 2019
You need to look for schools. Google is your friend. I always recommend you do this on your computer as phone is limited to some extent. Use the following search string:

Affordable Masters for Forensic Accounting in the US
Best Universities in the US for Masters in Forensic Accounting

Check each page you find. You should also decide admission term you believe would be ideal for you. Then work around that. If you need anything, just ask.
afeezzezo:

Masters in forensic accounting!
I need help on how to go about it
I am yet to start anything tho

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Vhintage: 10:29am On May 07, 2019
Please this thread seems like it's only for postgraduate studies...I recently got admitted to Caldwell university and am a fresh man...pls if there is another thread for undergraduates and freshman students pls kindly share the link below for me...thanks❤️
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by sharwama(f): 10:43am On May 07, 2019
You are home my friend. This is where you belong grin When you ask, you shall receive
When you seek, you shall find
When you knock, the door will be opened.
So tell us, what brings you here grin grin grin
Vhintage:
Please this thread seems like it's only for postgraduate studies...I recently got admitted to Caldwell university and am a fresh man...pls if there is another thread for undergraduates and freshman students pls kindly share the link below for me...thanks❤️

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 10:46am On May 07, 2019
It is for undergraduate, too. It is just that there are graduate students here.
Vhintage:
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by lalavita: 11:26am On May 07, 2019
ubigurl:
goodmorning fam,please and please i got admission and working on my visa interview and i need to work on my home ties,i have two kids that were born in the USA im considering telling the VO that intend leaving them behind and they can always visit when they are on break,do you think its strong enough for a home tie? and my husband will stay back too because of work.(even if we change our minds tomorrow it wont be an issue because they already hav their us passport and wont need the f2 visa).We also plan on taking some documents of the landed properties we have just to show the strong ties at home,is it also strong enough?

I’m in a similar situation. So I feel you on this. I would say it depends on the overall strength of your application and interview. For example, can you share a very strong career reason why you are going for this course? How relevant is the program you are enrolling for? Do you have funding? My 2 cents is pray, fill your form well and prepare for your interview.

Mine is more complicated as my spouse is filing for F2 and our children are USCs �. We are really not trying to migrate at all. My program is competitive and I have full funding. Just want to go for 1 year and be back. Praying for favour.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Predstan: 11:34am On May 07, 2019
Is there Any MTSU or Georgia Southern University applicant who got Funding for Fall 2019
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Brown2Green(m): 11:41am On May 07, 2019
Predstan:
Is there Any MTSU or Georgia Southern University applicant who got Funding for Fall 2019

Drop your email let's talk
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Brown2Green(m): 11:43am On May 07, 2019
lalavita:

I’m in a similar situation. So I feel you on this. I would say it depends on the overall strength of your application and interview. For example, can you share a very strong career reason why you are going for this course? How relevant is the program you are enrolling for? Do you have funding? My 2 cents is pray, fill your form well and prepare for your interview.

Mine is more complicated as my spouse is filing for F2 and our children are USCs �. We are really not trying to migrate at all. My program is competitive and I have full funding. Just want to go for 1 year and be back. Praying for favour.

If you're a man then you're very good to go.
Your wife and kids can easily come see you after 3-6 months.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Predstan: 11:45am On May 07, 2019
Brown2Green:

Drop your email let's talk

I will mention u on a different thread
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by JoeBazz(m): 12:05pm On May 07, 2019
Is this the Toluene that I know?
Which school did you graduate from?

toluene1234:
Good day house,

My Sevis fee payment is expected to be made today, please after the payment, what will be the nxt step to booking a visa interview?
I will appreciate step by step instructions.

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by ubigurl: 12:35pm On May 07, 2019
lalavita:

wow same as mine he is filling for f2 too but he will hardly be there because of work and I'm planning on studying nursing
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by heeedreeez: 1:07pm On May 07, 2019
Georgia Southern..But no funding yet,.

Predstan:
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Brown2Green(m): 1:20pm On May 07, 2019
heeedreeez:
Georgia Southern..But no funding yet,.

Georgia Southern is broke bro.
So is MTSU and most schools.

The number of applications were too much this year especially from Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by ToluwalekeA: 2:00pm On May 07, 2019
My interview yesterday went below. Visa approved

VO:pass me ur 1-20 and passport
Me: gave her the required documents

VO: how did you hear abt the school
Me: i got to know about the university through an alumni of the uni(VO cuts in). you are tense and talking fast, just calm and dont tell me what you have memorised. she did not allow me to finish
VO: How many school did you apply to and how many gave u admission, name them
Me: GSU, MTU, ohio uni, BGSU , lafayette. All admitted
VO: why Ohio uni
ME: talking fast and obvious that i crammed my transcript(VO cuts in). if u have memorised everything how do you want me to know u are a genuine student, talk gently and tell me about ur research and not reputation or curriculum of the uni. pls answer my question now.
Me : i now spoke about my research in environmental geoscience. she cuts i. again
VO: how did u get the assistantship
Me: i applied then i was scheduled for a skype interview VO cuts in. all memorised she said.
VO: i will approve ur visa but next time when going for an internship u dont need to memorised or have a prepared transcript, just flow with the interview and answer the question asked. I am telling u for future purpose. Have a wonderful time in the US
Me : all smiling thanks i appreciate

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by emhenzy: 2:00pm On May 07, 2019
Is it necessary to wait for 6 months before reapplying for F1 visa after visa denial? My interview on Monday in Lagos the VO asked me just one question “what significant change was made on my application” and my response was that my sponsors bank statement, I ve my mums savings account opposed to the previous current account I used.
NOTE: before this denial my previous interview on February 25th the VO gave me 221g form and requested for my sponsors bank statement but after I submitted it my application was still refused.
Tuition and expenses is 25k and my sponsors has over 15m in the account.
The thing just tire me. Wha
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Brown2Green(m): 2:02pm On May 07, 2019
ToluwalekeA:

Me: i got to know about the university through an alumni of the uni(VO cuts in). you are tense and talking fast, just calm and dont tell me what you have memorised. she did not allow me to finish
ME: talking fast and obvious that i crammed my transcript(VO cuts in). if u have memorised everything how do you want me to know u are a genuine student, talk gently and tell me about ur research and not reputation or curriculum of the uni. pls answer my question now.
Me : i now spoke about my research in environmental geoscience. she cuts i. again
Me: i applied then i was scheduled for a skype interview VO cuts in. all memorised she said.
VO: i will approve ur visa but next time when going for an internship u dont need to memorised or have a prepared transcript, just flow with the interview and answer the question asked. I am telling u for future purpose. Have a wonderful time in the US

grin grin grin

Assistantship is the bomb.
Congrats baba
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by walepepe21: 2:04pm On May 07, 2019
Congratulations!!!! ��� Is it Abuja or Lagos Embassy?

Me : all smiling thanks i appreciate[/quote]

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Brown2Green(m): 2:06pm On May 07, 2019
emhenzy:
Is it necessary to wait for 6 months before reapplying for F1 visa after visa denial? My interview on Monday in Lagos the VO asked me just one question “what significant change was made on my application” and my response was that my sponsors bank statement, I ve my mums savings account opposed to the previous current account I used.
NOTE: before this denial my previous interview on February 25th the VO gave me 221g form and requested for my sponsors bank statement but after I submitted it my application was still refused.

Try and get full funding.
At least get partial funding.

Leave all these my sponsor bank statement.. E no go work.

So what has changed since your last interview...

Oh I was offered a graduate assistantship under the research team of Dr. Malik Stanjida.
Now how does that sound?

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 2:10pm On May 07, 2019
emhenzy:

No i dont think that 6 month rule is in place

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by emhenzy: 2:10pm On May 07, 2019
[congrats, I was there and remember you, you wore a black suit and got interviewed by that nice VO]

[color=#550000][/color]quote author=ToluwalekeA post=78182788]My interview yesterday went below. Visa approved

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by emhenzy: 2:15pm On May 07, 2019
Sounds nice but no assistantship or funding opportunity and my course is masters of science in Aeronautics

Brown2Green:

Try and get full funding.
At least get partial funding.

Leave all these my sponsor bank statement.. E no go work.

So what has changed since your last interview...

Oh I was offered a graduate assistantship under the research team of Dr. Malik Stanjida.
Now how does that sound?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Zanipolo: 2:17pm On May 07, 2019
Hi guys, my mom was granted visitors visa into the USA last year, she was offered 2 years which is to be expired in January next year, while she renews the visa is possible for her to attached a son (me) to the Dropbox, if so please what are the requirements and what are the chances of approval for me.
Need answers please
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Brown2Green(m): 2:18pm On May 07, 2019
emhenzy:
Sounds nice but no assistantship or funding opportunity and my course is masters of science in Aeronautics

I feel your pain.
There has to be a significant change that can wow the VO. And that change is not likely SOA.

Think of something else.. Let talk be smooth until you're asked for statement of account.

It could be professional certification, change of school, and so on.

Just think of something to use to calm the inquisition
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by emhenzy: 2:29pm On May 07, 2019
That was the only question they asked me and very few universities over MSA in America.
Plan to reapply though and maybe add that my I-20 was as well updated.
I just tire!
Brown2Green:

I feel your pain.
There has to be a significant change that can wow the VO. And that change is not likely SOA.

Think of something else.. Let talk be smooth until you're asked for statement of account.

It could be professional certification, change of school, and so on.

Just think of something to use to calm the inquisition
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by emhenzy: 2:32pm On May 07, 2019
NO! It clearly states that it’s for people that have visa or expired visa not more than a year.
Apply for visa and include that you are going with your mum. If your intention is to visit your siblings in the US that went there as no immigrant and have overstayed then there are high chances that they might deny your visa
Zanipolo:
Hi guys, my mom was granted visitors visa into the USA last year, she was offered 2 years which is to be expired in January next year, while she renews the visa is possible for her to attached a son (me) to the Dropbox, if so please what are the requirements and what are the chances of approval for me.
Need answers please
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by 4gunners(m): 2:39pm On May 07, 2019
ToluwalekeA:

The VO has already made the decision before interview. The talk talk na just to fulfill all righteousness.

Congratulations!!!!

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by KingStefan(m): 3:06pm On May 07, 2019
That assistantship really helped like u said yesterday, but it's more peculiar to your case cos the VO already made up his mind to give you. Also God's grace was with you to be honest, we all need it.
Congratulations
ToluwalekeA:

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) (438) (439) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.