Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,887 members, 7,810,412 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:35 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (437) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (793241 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (434) (435) (436) (437) (438) (439) (440) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 3:08pm On May 07, 2019
As for waiting for 6 month, it doesn't apply to F1 visa category; in fact, you can apply for another interview tomorrow and appear before ending of this month. However, that is not the best advice in your case. Were you offered scholarship? If you truly want to get your visa, do try and get some sort of funding before you reapply, no matter how small. You need to talk from your heart to your department or admission coordinator. Let them know you have been refused the visa and one of the reasons was that, you were not offered scholarship, and that the VO assume you may not be able to afford it (even though this is not the case for your sponsor). I have had a few students use this emotional message to change the mind of those in charge of their admission, and eventually, though thanks be to God, scholarship was offered and a new i-20 was issued. Try this same and let me know if it works.

Best of luck!
emhenzy:
Is it necessary to wait for 6 months before reapplying for F1 visa after visa denial? My interview on Monday in Lagos the VO asked me just one question “what significant change was made on my application” and my response was that my sponsors bank statement, I ve my mums savings account opposed to the previous current account I used.
NOTE: before this denial my previous interview on February 25th the VO gave me 221g form and requested for my sponsors bank statement but after I submitted it my application was still refused.
Tuition and expenses is 25k and my sponsors has over 15m in the account.
The thing just tire me. Wha

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 3:09pm On May 07, 2019
Did you get your visa too?
emhenzy:
[congrats, I was there and remember you, you wore a black suit and got interviewed by that nice VO]

[color=#550000][/color]quote author=ToluwalekeA post=78182788]My interview yesterday went below. Visa approved

VO:pass me ur 1-20 and passport
Me: gave her the required documents

VO: how did you hear abt the school
Me: i got to know about the university through an alumni of the uni(VO cuts in). you are tense and talking fast, just calm and dont tell me what you have memorised. she did not allow me to finish
VO: How many school did you apply to and how many gave u admission, name them
Me: GSU, MTU, ohio uni, BGSU , lafayette. All admitted
VO: why Ohio uni
ME: talking fast and obvious that i crammed my transcript(VO cuts in). if u have memorised everything how do you want me to know u are a genuine student, talk gently and tell me about ur research and not reputation or curriculum of the uni. pls answer my question now.
Me : i now spoke about my research in environmental geoscience. she cuts i. again
VO: how did u get the assistantship
Me: i applied then i was scheduled for a skype interview VO cuts in. all memorised she said.
VO: i will approve ur visa but next time when going for an internship u dont need to memorised or have a prepared transcript, just flow with the interview and answer the question asked. I am telling u for future purpose. Have a wonderful time in the US
Me : all smiling thanks i appreciate
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 3:10pm On May 07, 2019
No way! You will have to carry your own cross, and appear for your own interview, with your own application!
Zanipolo:
Hi guys, my mom was granted visitors visa into the USA last year, she was offered 2 years which is to be expired in January next year, while she renews the visa is possible for her to attached a son (me) to the Dropbox, if so please what are the requirements and what are the chances of approval for me.
Need answers please
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 3:16pm On May 07, 2019
grin I think this is the hand of FAVOUR! I know a student who were like him on the day of his interview, 3rd appearance though. The woman was just looking, and when the student was done with the response, she nodded her head. Then she started advising the student as if she is his mother, or sister. When he got out of the embassy and call to narrate the story, I just dey laugh. He prayed a lot though!
If you have read or heard about unmerited favour, this was a good example. Some of us are given things we do not qualify for, because it is the appointed time.
4gunners:
The VO has already made the decision before interview. The talk talk na just to fulfill all righteousness.

Congratulations!!!!

15 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Zanipolo: 3:32pm On May 07, 2019
emhenzy:
NO! It clearly states that it’s for people that have visa or expired visa not more than a year.
Apply for visa and include that you are going with your mum. If your intention is to visit your siblings in the US that went there as no immigrant and have overstayed then there are high chances that they might deny your visa

I spoke to some peeps who helped my mom with the visa and all, they told me there is an option to include a kid when reapplying for a visa I just need to know how true this is.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 3:41pm On May 07, 2019
Big congratulations to you!

Guys, I'd like to ask: what's the dimension and background of the passport photographs one should take for the interview?

Thank you.

ToluwalekeA:
My interview yesterday went below. Visa approved

Me: i got to know about the university through an alumni of the uni(VO cuts in). you are tense and talking fast, just calm and dont tell me what you have memorised. she did not allow me to finish
ME: talking fast and obvious that i crammed my transcript(VO cuts in). if u have memorised everything how do you want me to know u are a genuine student, talk gently and tell me about ur research and not reputation or curriculum of the uni. pls answer my question now.
Me : i now spoke about my research in environmental geoscience. she cuts i. again
Me: i applied then i was scheduled for a skype interview VO cuts in. all memorised she said.
VO: i will approve ur visa but next time when going for an internship u dont need to memorised or have a prepared transcript, just flow with the interview and answer the question asked. I am telling u for future purpose. Have a wonderful time in the US
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by KingStefan(m): 3:49pm On May 07, 2019
Hello house, please I have question :

If my uncle is sponsoring me, but he plans to give me his own company's Statement of Account. When I'm filling my DS160, will I still write that it's family sponsorship on the sponsorship page?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 3:52pm On May 07, 2019
2 by 2. grin
Charitoo:
Big congratulations to you!

Guys, I'd like to ask: what's the dimension and background of the passport photographs one should take for the interview?

Thank you.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 3:53pm On May 07, 2019
To the best of my knowledge, this is not advisable. But go ahead. Write his name as the sponsor. Let his Statement of account carry a reference letter. defend the relationship at the embassy.
KingStefan:
Hello house, please I have question :

If my uncle is sponsoring me, but he plans to give me his own company's Statement of Account. When I'm filling my DS160, will I still write that it's family sponsorship on the sponsorship page?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by RichieCobby2019: 4:00pm On May 07, 2019
Hi Gurus,
I am a Ghanaian applying for F1 visa in Ghana.
I have been accepted into New Jersey City University for fall 2019.
Program of study is B.sc Accounting.
My sponsor(uncle) is in the USA, I have his bank statement.

My question is how do I answer when I am asked why my uncle is sponsoring? Because I don't want to show strong ties to him (it may let the CO think I won't return) and I also need to give an answer as to why he agreed to sponsor me.

Any help is greatly appreciated

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by KingStefan(m): 4:02pm On May 07, 2019
Okay, thanks
fairheart:
To the best of my knowledge, this is not advisable. But go ahead. Write his name as the sponsor. Let his Statement of account carry a reference letter. defend the relationship at the embassy.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 4:05pm On May 07, 2019
You have the answer. Let's assume I am the VO, "Why is your uncle sponsoring you?" Think about it! Why is my uncle sponsoring me? post it here.
RichieCobby2019:
Hi Gurus,
I am a Ghanaian applying for F1 visa in Ghana.
I have been accepted into New Jersey City University for fall 2019.
Program of study is B.sc Accounting.
My sponsor(uncle) is in the USA, I have his bank statement.

My question is how do I answer when I am asked why my uncle is sponsoring? Because I don't want to show strong ties to him (it may let the CO think I won't return) and I also need to give an answer as to why he agreed to sponsor me.

Any help is greatly appreciated
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Chidon360: 4:08pm On May 07, 2019
ToluwalekeA:

Congrats dear. The Hand of God was there.
Which Embassy , Lagos or ABJ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Marjoribanks: 4:20pm On May 07, 2019
ToluwalekeA:

Congrats!! You possess the required academic and traveling experience!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by RichieCobby2019: 4:26pm On May 07, 2019
[quote author=fairheart post=78186428]You have the answer. Let's assume I am the VO, "Why is your uncle sponsoring you?" Think about it! Why is my uncle sponsoring me? post it here. [/quote

He has always been interested in my Studies growing up, always asking how I am doing in school, After I told him my plans of getting my bachelor in USA and how it will help me as a person, he agreed to sponsor me.

Hope this is good enough
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 4:37pm On May 07, 2019
Alright. Thanks

fairheart:
2 by 2. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Spotlighte: 4:45pm On May 07, 2019
ToluwalekeA:

Wow! Congratulations.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 4:51pm On May 07, 2019
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by senny4ril2424(m): 5:22pm On May 07, 2019
Let me first thank all the beautiful people on this platform...it was just by God's grace ..My interview went well yesterday and my visa was approved
I got GTA for my msc program which covers the full tuition fee for the duration of the program as well as monthly stipend

My interview yesterday went below.

Me: Good morning
VO: Good morning pass me your documents

VO: how did you hear abt the university
Me: i first heard about the University during my undergraduate days through my lecturer who attended geoscience conference in the school, upon her return, she would not stop talking about the quality of academic research in the university (vo cut in)
VO: Do you have relatives over there?
Me: No No No ( I said that like 4 times)
VO: what other universities do you apply to?
Me: I applied to university of Wyoming, university of Wisconsin
VO: why this uni
ME: I'm interested in prof..... ongoing research project, this research project aligns with area of my research interest, the research is focusing on contamination and remediation of groundwater ( VO cut in) I was about saying contamination of groundwater is one of the environmental challenges in Nigeria today
VO : Did you write GRE
Me: yes
VO: your score
Me: 278
VO: what will you be doing as a graduate assistant?
Me: I will be assisting the lecturer in the preparation of course materials, I will also be assisting in marking and grading of assignments and tests (VO..cut in)
VO: when did you finish undergraduate?
Me: 2015
VO: which University?
Me: Ekiti State University
VO: what have you been doing since then
Me: I completed my NYSC 2016-2017 at national universities commission, immediately after that I got teaching job where I teach physics and geography at...... International group of school ( VO cut in is it secondary school? I said yes) I got my present job at.... Geophysical services Limited, I work as field geologist
VO: what's your plans after the degree?
Me: I intend to come back to Nigeria upon the completion of the program, I will have acquired adequate research knowledge as well as practical and field knowledge to enable me take up lecturing and research position in my alma mater (VO cut in)
VO: your visa has been approved, take your I-20 form ,you will need at the port of entry.. Take this white paper and collect your visa in three business days in the location where I circled
Me : I was like thanks thanks more that six times

My remark... VO didn't ask about how I got the scholarship ? She didnt ask about the SOA because I have deficit of 2780
Above all pray for favour and mercy of God.. Then always listen to whoever being interviewed before you. So that you can learn from their mistakes

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 5:30pm On May 07, 2019
Congrats!
senny4ril2424:
Let me first thank all the beautiful people on this platform...it was just by God's grace ..My interview went well yesterday and my visa was approved
I got GTA for my msc program which covers the full tuition fee for the duration of the program as well as monthly stipend

My interview yesterday went below.

Me: Good morning
VO: Good morning pass me your documents

VO: how did you hear abt the university
Me: i first heard about the University during my undergraduate days through my lecturer who attended geoscience conference in the school, upon her return, she would not stop talking about the quality of academic research in the university (vo cut in)
VO: Do you have relatives over there?
Me: No No No ( I said that like 4 times)
VO: what other universities do you apply to?
Me: I applied to university of Wyoming, university of Wisconsin
VO: why this uni
ME: I'm interested in prof..... ongoing research project, this research project aligns with area of my research interest, the research is focusing on contamination and remediation of groundwater ( VO cut in) I was about saying contamination of groundwater is one of the environmental challenges in Nigeria today
VO : Did you write GRE
Me: yes
VO: your score
Me: 278
VO: what will you be doing as a graduate assistant?
Me: I will be assisting the lecturer in the preparation of course materials, I will also be assisting in marking and grading of assignments and tests (VO..cut in)
VO: when did you finish undergraduate?
Me: 2015
VO: which University?
Me: Ekiti State University
VO: what have you been doing since then
Me: I completed my NYSC 2016-2017 at national universities commission, immediately after that I got teaching job where I teach physics and geography at...... International group of school ( VO cut in is it secondary school? I said yes) I got my present job at.... Geophysical services Limited, I work as field geologist
VO: what's your plans after the degree?
Me: I intend to come back to Nigeria upon the completion of the program, I will have acquired adequate research knowledge as well as practical and field knowledge to enable me take up lecturing and research position in my alma mater (VO cut in)
VO: your visa has been approved, take your I-20 form ,you will need at the port of entry.. Take this white paper and collect your visa in three business days in the location where I circled
Me : I was like thanks thanks more that six times

My remark... VO didn't ask about how I got the scholarship ? She didnt ask about the SOA because I have deficit of 2780
Above all pray for favour and mercy of God.. Then always listen to whoever being interviewed before you. So that you can learn from their mistakes
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fcnaxo: 5:42pm On May 07, 2019
ToluwalekeA:

lol I remembered u. The guy on blazers with first class u kept mentioning first class first class. To avoid stories that touch. Congrats tho

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Sheq: 5:43pm On May 07, 2019
afeezzezo:

Same here bruh!
Have you gotten any info?
hello... yes i have
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Schrodinger22: 5:49pm On May 07, 2019
Please house, i would like to ask if my money in stanbic mutual funds can be presented at the embassy to back up my financial statement, is it allowed? I need a response urgently, Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Brown2Green(m): 5:51pm On May 07, 2019
fcnaxo:
lol I remembered u. The guy on blazers with first class u kept mentioning first class first class. To avoid stories that touch. Congrats tho

What of your transcript? shocked
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Sheq: 5:57pm On May 07, 2019
fairheart:
As for waiting for 6 month, it doesn't apply to F1 visa category; in fact, you can apply for another interview tomorrow and appear before ending of this month. However, that is not the best advice in your case. Were you offered scholarship? If you truly want to get your visa, do try and get some sort of funding before you reapply, no matter how small. You need to talk from your heart to your department or admission coordinator. Let them know you have been refused the visa and one of the reasons was that, you were not offered scholarship, and that the VO assume you may not be able to afford it (even though this is not the case for your sponsor). I have had a few students use this emotional message to change the mind of those in charge of their admission, and eventually, though thanks be to God, scholarship was offered and a new i-20 was issued. Try this same and let me know if it works.

Best of luck!
Good evening sir ..kindly check your pm please. Its regarding statement of purpose.. Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fcnaxo: 6:15pm On May 07, 2019
Brown2Green:

What of your transcript? shocked
Chief it was a denial. Besides I have been laughed at and mocked from some members of this forum concerning this.there no need posting a denial transcript. I would post my approved visa transcript by the end of the month. Thank you once again.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by groovychik(f): 6:17pm On May 07, 2019
If you are two years old, yes but for someone that can find nairaland on google, NO

Zanipolo:

I spoke to some peeps who helped my mom with the visa and all, they told me there is an option to include a kid when reapplying for a visa I just need to know how true this is.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 6:17pm On May 07, 2019
fcnaxo:
Chief it was a denial. Besides I have been laughed at and mocked from some members of this forum concerning this.there no need posting a denial transcript. I would post my approved visa transcript by the end of the month. Thank you once again.

Humm but who laughed and mocked you..... u sure?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fcnaxo: 6:18pm On May 07, 2019
LagosismyHome:

Humm but who laughed and mocked you..... u sure?
via Mail. Thank You for all of you post here tho

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Brown2Green(m): 6:22pm On May 07, 2019
fcnaxo:

So sorry bro.
Do you know the reason for the denial?
You'll get an approval surely.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Schrodinger22: 6:26pm On May 07, 2019
Schrodinger22:
Please house, i would like to ask if my money in stanbic mutual funds can be presented at the embassy to back up my financial statement, is it allowed? I need a response urgently, Thank you

Please, anyone?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 6:31pm On May 07, 2019
fcnaxo:
via Mail. Thank You for all of you post here tho

Just pick up on any weak point and recharge
. Many people got it after more than one try . Yours is coming. BELIEVE

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (434) (435) (436) (437) (438) (439) (440) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.