Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,371 members, 7,822,749 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:14 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (60) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (798081 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by abeeolars: 1:53pm On Sep 21, 2018
Sulross state University

bigfrancis21:

What's your school?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by 100kobo(m): 2:15pm On Sep 21, 2018
Sheq:
agbejero...mind your business....it wasnt like i planned it out to make it seem like mine.....i copied it from someone else who copied it...and just found out it was written by femi321 on part 13 post.... abeg mind your business..... angry

We are saying the same thing. If only we know as a people down here, how plagiarism is disdained in saner climes, we wouldn't be reminded to show some credit. And hey! 100kobo is not playing sanctimonious here as you have implied by calling him "agbejoro". He is guilty of same negligence too, most of the time. That's who we are!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by hardeyswaggz: 2:29pm On Sep 21, 2018
thank you
anfanio:

WES evaluation is valid for five years from the date of issue.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by zarconflux: 4:01pm On Sep 21, 2018
ritlala:

Transcript will be sent directly to the school you are applying to. The new school will not accept a transcript from you because that will be unofficial, except its for provisional admission, pending when your school will send directly to the new school. But if u want your personal copy, while not request separately.

Thank you,but pls I am applying online and I was advised to apply to 4 or 5 schools and each of these schools has provisions for docs attachment (transcript,sop,cv,letters of recommendation etc) while am trying to apply...so how will the school send transcript when I haven't been admitted and each transcript sent is 30k..any more advise pls?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Flaame(m): 5:49pm On Sep 21, 2018
harriseen:

Thanks boss! But may I know why you’ve said this?
I cannot even remember what I said that for,remind me pls.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Spotlighte: 5:53pm On Sep 21, 2018
zarconflux:

Thank you,but pls I am applying online and I was advised to apply to 4 or 5 schools and each of these schools has provisions for docs attachment (transcript,sop,cv,letters of recommendation etc) while am trying to apply...so how will the school send transcript when I haven't been admitted and each transcript sent is 30k..any more advise pls?

See, it's simple. If you're applying to schools that require official transcripts, it means all schools you went to post-secondary school must send your transcripts to them before your application can be considered. It's an "official transcripts or no admission for you" thing.

If it costs 30k for each transaction and you're applying to 8 schools that require official transcripts, then yea, be prepared to pay 240k. If you don't get admitted to the schools, you'll take your L in peace. sad

Well, why not look for schools that only require official transcript(s) when you've been admitted to the programme? Or better still have a mix? I don't know, I'm just saying.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Flaame(m): 5:53pm On Sep 21, 2018
hardeyswaggz:
can someone please help respond to this question? I also need to know
Change of visa status cannot be d case for denial provided you clarify them with solid reasons but if you do not do well in the interview,you will still be denied
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 5:58pm On Sep 21, 2018
zarconflux:
Good morning and happy weekend to y'all, pls I applied for transcript from my school but they're saying it will be sent directly to the school otherwise it will not bear a specific address,can someone explain this or tell me the exact thing to do because I want to apply online.

Many US schools use unofficial transcripts for admission purposes and upon admission, your official transcript is required to be sent. Clarify from the schools that you're applying to if that's the case with them. If it is, send a copy of your transcript to yourself and then use that copy as the unofficial copy for your admission applications.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by MyAmericandream(f): 5:59pm On Sep 21, 2018
Good day all, I heard their are no bookings for interview until January 17th. How true is this?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 6:18pm On Sep 21, 2018
harriseen:

@NYPD Thanks boss! Your very candid advice is very much appreciated!

Guys I intend reapply for visa using same I20.

Please I wanted to ask- would I need to pay a new SEVIS fee?

No you don't need to pay another SEVIS as it valid for one year but before you go again . Ensure the school is worth it . Don't go to a school that is unknown or not accredited
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by homirefacuny(m): 6:18pm On Sep 21, 2018
MyAmericandream:
Good day all, I heard their are no bookings for interview until January 17th. How through is this?
Yes I even think February self according to one close source. However, those with emergency cases can still book.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by MyAmericandream(f): 6:26pm On Sep 21, 2018
homirefacuny:

Yes I even think February self according to one close source. However, those with emergency cases can still book.
how do one go about it then? And school resumes Jan 8.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by homirefacuny(m): 6:36pm On Sep 21, 2018
MyAmericandream:
how do one go about it then? And school resumes Jan 8.

You will book a normal appointment at first. After this, you have the opportunity to book emergency but you have to state a valid reason. But since you are going for spring.. You still have enough time to book that emergency around next month thereabouts. My own school resumes 22nd of next month. So my one na emergency emergency in D'banj voice�
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by MyAmericandream(f): 6:38pm On Sep 21, 2018
homirefacuny:

You will book a normal appointment at first. After this, you have the opportunity to book emergency but you have to state a valid reason. But since you are going for spring.. You still have enough time to book that emergency around next month thereabouts. My own school resumes 22nd of next month. So my one na emergency emergency in D'banj voice�
ok, now I get it. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by harriseen(m): 6:43pm On Sep 21, 2018
LagosismyHome:

No you don't need to pay another SEVIS as it valid for one year but before you go again . Ensure the school is worth it . Don't go to a school that is unknown or not accredited

Thanks much.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by harriseen(m): 6:45pm On Sep 21, 2018
MyAmericandream:
Good day all, I heard their are no bookings for interview until January 17th. How true is this?

Not true bro. There's interview spot for as early as October 02 at the Abuja office. Just check on the website
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by homirefacuny(m): 6:49pm On Sep 21, 2018
harriseen:

Not true bro. There's interview spot for as early as October 02 at the Abuja office. Just check on the website
Is Abuja reopened??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by kfrosh: 7:12pm On Sep 21, 2018
All these gists are not true. Even peak period of Fall intake still always have 3 weeks, sometimes a week to book appointment. Just follow up with your application and apply for your visa when due.
homirefacuny:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Sheq: 7:52pm On Sep 21, 2018
100kobo:

We are saying the same thing. If only we know as a people down here, how plagiarism is disdained in saner climes, we wouldn't be reminded to show some credit. And hey! 100kobo is not playing sanctimonious here as you have implied by calling him "agbejoro". He is guilty of same negligence too, most of the time. That's who we are!
speak for yourself please...thats who you are....shikena
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Sheq: 8:14pm On Sep 21, 2018
sureb0yy:

Lol. Do you genuinely believe the Embassy has a blacklist AND there's someone on here who has access to that blacklist? See, if you have the qualification and you wanna go to the school, apply there and go get your visa.
hello mister... i know you have said you wouldnt reply pms again due to peoples hypocrisy..... but i have been looking for you since...i read your post about america when you landed...and i was glad cos it was a motivation for me,but was sad i couldnt find you cos you deactivated..... i went to my screenshots and found your name in quotes and connected the dots.... please i have questions...edakun .. kindly check your pm

Thank you

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Rytefish: 10:47pm On Sep 21, 2018
homirefacuny:

@Hariseen just gave a contrary response to yours regarding the none availability of dates till February. Please, how authentic is your response?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Rytefish: 11:03pm On Sep 21, 2018
Timotee:

Many US schools use unofficial transcripts for admission purposes and upon admission, your official transcript is required to be sent. Clarify from the schools that you're applying to if that's the case with them. If it is, send a copy of your transcript to yourself and then use that copy as the unofficial copy for your admission applications.

The same advice I gave him before someone came to try misleading him.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Rytefish: 11:03pm On Sep 21, 2018
Timotee:

The same advice I gave him before someone came to try misleading him.

Sending official transcript when admission isn't certain is synonymous to waste of money and time as resources.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Rytefish: 11:08pm On Sep 21, 2018
Spotlighte:

See, it's simple. If you're applying to schools that require official transcripts, it means all schools you went to post-secondary school must send your transcripts to them before your application can be considered. It's an "official transcripts or no admission for you" thing.

If it costs 30k for each transaction and you're applying to 8 schools that require official transcripts, then yea, be prepared to pay 240k. If you don't get admitted to the schools, you'll take your L in peace. sad

Well, why not look for schools that only require official transcript(s) when you've been admitted to the programme? Or better still have a mix? I don't know, I'm just saying.

@spotlighte , I have seen your responses in the past, and I concluded that you must be a guru in this field, but don't make me think otherwise, just go and read his post again, probably you don't understand what he said....he said there are options to upload the transcript in the schools application portal, which is what I also did for all my four schools.

in as much as you have the official transcript with you, and they gave you access to upload it on their portal, you are good to go.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by PstTobi: 11:13pm On Sep 21, 2018
I studied applied geophysics in Futa and I graduated with 2.5gpa, please what could be the wes conversion and can I be admitted for Master's degree. Am 23 years old is it advisable for me to apply for undergraduate degree in applied geophysics. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by imperiouxx(m): 11:48pm On Sep 21, 2018
Hello guys. It's been a while. Sure everyone is doing ok. Kudos to those keeping the thread going.

I always wish to be here but didactic year of PA school is like asking you to jump into a fast moving car. Tons of information stuffed into our heads on a daily basis. Voluminous studying materials.... man, you don't need another job because this requires lot of overtime to finish. Class starts 8am and ends at 5pm, Monday to Friday. By the time you get home, you're already exhausted and still have to study till midnight for the weekly test, which alternates between Clinical medicine and Pharmacology from beginning of September to 1st week in December. Weekly assigned reading and quizzes in other courses are fully loaded too. For each course, if you get below 80%, you will have 1 chance for remediation after which the person could be dismissed.... man, only the strong will survive. cheesy

Anyways, I will be back here when this craziness is over.

To those preparing for their visa..... I wish you success.
To those studying here already...... I wish you success in your tests.

Hang on, it will all be worth it in the end!

Cheers!

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by ritlala: 12:48am On Sep 22, 2018
zarconflux:

my own school sends soft copy of transcript via email, if there is a way u can request pls do.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Spotlighte: 1:31am On Sep 22, 2018
Rytefish:

@spotlighte , I have seen your responses in the past, and I concluded that you must be a guru in this field, but don't make me think otherwise, just go and read his post again, probably you don't understand what he said....he said there are options to upload the transcript in the schools application portal, which is what I also did for all my four schools.

in as much as you have the official transcript with you, and they gave you access to upload it on their portal, you are good to go.
Noted.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Senatorbee(m): 6:25am On Sep 22, 2018
[quote author=ritlala post=71411088]

my own school sends soft copy of transcript via email, if there is a way u can request pls do.[/quotle]

Many school request for soft copy via email as an option and it's also regarded as official.
What's the name of your school
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by 100kobo(m): 6:55am On Sep 22, 2018
Sheq:
speak for yourself please...thats who you are....shikena

Let's assume you didn't know that the post you copied originated from Femi 321, why didn't you at least, give credit to the fellow whom you quoted. My brother, there is no denying the fact that copy copy is who you are. Let's end it here mbok.

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.