Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,625 members, 7,823,748 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:26 PM

My Life As A Teacher. - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Life As A Teacher. (20964 Views)

What's Your Experience Like Being A Teacher / My Encounter With A Teacher Turned Bricklayer / As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Life As A Teacher. by Nobody: 12:05pm On Aug 13, 2018
How far big man come and give me 30k
BiafranBushBoy:
lol

Fvcking teacher!!!

That is the reason why a majority of you lots are humble...

I understand the frustration of being a teacher and how life is difficult for you guys...

You are a lady, so your major hope is getting married to a rich man... Goodluck to you i.e if you can find one!

You can even get married to zicoraads your fellow teacher! cheesy

Bullshit!

1 Like

Re: My Life As A Teacher. by drotba(m): 12:06pm On Aug 13, 2018
flyca:
I work full-time and teach part-time.
Teaching ignites me! Anytime I'm in class, I feel rejuvenated. I especially love it when they ask questions because it shows me they are interested and willing to learn.

Annie has the calmest voice that penetrates and humbles me.
Lucy is super-smart.
Helen is ever-smiling
Evan is very playful but coincendentally the first to catch "the idea". Lol
Hardy always has stories about his grandma. Hehe

I love you guys so much and I always look forward to our next meeting.

OP please permit me to spread my classroom joy in pics on your thread kiss

So cute
Re: My Life As A Teacher. by Acidosis(m): 12:31pm On Aug 13, 2018
I'm interested in teaching as a business, not as a profession tongue
Re: My Life As A Teacher. by pocohantas(f): 12:59pm On Aug 13, 2018
Acidosis:

I'm interested in teaching as a business, not as a profession tongue

Please explain smiley.
Re: My Life As A Teacher. by ibkayee(f): 1:04pm On Aug 13, 2018
Aww Debbie smiley
Re: My Life As A Teacher. by makydebbie(f): 1:05pm On Aug 13, 2018
ibkayee:
Aww Debbie smiley

Sis. kiss

1 Like

Re: My Life As A Teacher. by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 1:08pm On Aug 13, 2018
wittyt98:
teaching is a beautiful profession ikr but i cant work as a teacher biko. i don't have the patience and I'm not good at being around kids who re prolly gonna give me headache,make me shout etc na cane i go use design gucci for person pikin body. na police go arrest me last last grin grin grin

Lol.
Re: My Life As A Teacher. by Dilianne(f): 1:09pm On Aug 13, 2018
I am currently teaching and it has opened me up to a whole new reality!!! Teachers do a lot of work and should be appreciated!

www.dilianne.com is what i work on while I'm not teaching. Check it out and let me know your suggestions. Thank you #dilifam #nairalandfam

Re: My Life As A Teacher. by Acidosis(m): 1:10pm On Aug 13, 2018
pocohantas:

Please explain smiley.
In other words, I don't want to teach but I do want to own a school smiley

2 Likes

Re: My Life As A Teacher. by IamPlato(m): 1:16pm On Aug 13, 2018
highqueen:
woow!!embarassed this actually made me cry. they are really lovely.
I wish you goodluck in your Endeavour.winkkiss shine sister,shine.smiley

Is It The Drawing With Rat Ear that Made You Cry undecided

1 Like

Re: My Life As A Teacher. by Nobody: 1:16pm On Aug 13, 2018
pocohantas:

Please explain smiley.

Private School is a biiiig hustle.

They grow like mushrooms.
Re: My Life As A Teacher. by FrankGiel: 1:17pm On Aug 13, 2018
flyca:
I work full-time and teach part-time.
Teaching ignites me! Anytime I'm in class, I feel rejuvenated. I especially love it when they ask questions because it shows me they are interested and willing to learn.

Annie has the calmest voice that penetrates and humbles me.
Lucy is super-smart.
Helen is ever-smiling
Evan is very playful but coincendentally the first to catch "the idea". Lol
Hardy always has stories about his grandma. Hehe

I love you guys so much and I always look forward to our next meeting.

OP please permit me to spread my classroom joy in pics on your thread kiss

Ajebutter teacher
Re: My Life As A Teacher. by FrankGiel: 1:18pm On Aug 13, 2018
oshe11:
I don't understand why this post made FP
Mr man u still they find trouble??
Re: My Life As A Teacher. by ibkayee(f): 1:18pm On Aug 13, 2018
pocohantas:

LOL! Funny drawing.

Thanks for ignoring that element that calls himself Biafranbushboy. The stupidity that should have been shared round the world, he grabbed it for himself and ran off. E weak me o!
grin

1 Like

Re: My Life As A Teacher. by oshe11: 1:24pm On Aug 13, 2018
FrankGiel:
Mr man u still they find trouble??
Lol....
Long time!

Didnt really see its importance
Re: My Life As A Teacher. by Evangkatsoulis: 1:57pm On Aug 13, 2018
makydebbie:
So which work you dey do now?
Re: My Life As A Teacher. by makydebbie(f): 2:12pm On Aug 13, 2018
Evangkatsoulis:

So which work you dey do now?
Lol, I'm a student now.
Re: My Life As A Teacher. by joey150(m): 2:49pm On Aug 13, 2018
makydebbie:
If life gives me the chance again. smiley

Dear, life is what you make of it.

All th best with your education.
Re: My Life As A Teacher. by makydebbie(f): 2:50pm On Aug 13, 2018
joey150:

Dear, life is what you make of it.

All the best with your education.
Lol, sure.

Thanks dear.
Re: My Life As A Teacher. by FrankGiel: 3:09pm On Aug 13, 2018
makydebbie:
I used to be a teacher until three weeks ago. My life as a teacher has been an amazing journey of self rediscovery and empowerment. It was also part of the key stages of my personal development and life goals growth. I didn't only teach, but I learnt as well.

While teaching my kids, I was also learning with them and from them. Yes, I did learn from them because one thing I discovered even deeper in my teaching job is how kids, being so young and so innocent at heart combined with their sweet natural unsuppressed, imaginative curious minds, can view things in ways most adults would ever not. Being around them rekindled an originally strong imaginative light and a beautiful sense of deeply natural observation that is always present in all of us as children but which we tend to outgrow and leave dormant when we grow older into our older teens, twenties and forties. Most adults today have lost their childlike wonder and innocent sense of belief that dreams can come through. Being around my kids as a teacher strongly reminded me of what exactly it is like to just believe and bask in the wonder of how truly beautiful the world around us is despite all its chaos and madness.

During my time as a teacher, I took the role of guardian for my kids, training and nurturing them to walk in the right path with regards to making their dreams a reality, supporting them along the way and telling them that they should never lose faith in the beauty of their dreams inspite of what the world tries to project as negative and impossible. I let them know that their million dreams can inspire them into worlds undiscovered and realms yet unknown.

Now, I wouldn't even lie to you or sugarcoat words. Sometimes, teaching can be the best job in the world and sometimes it's the worst job ever. Teaching is so very incredibly demanding. sad

I love my kids and I'll always remember them. From my very inquisitive Alberta, to video vixen Emmanuella and my peaceful Doris. I love them all. They are awesome!

Anyone can teach but to teach well and care for the people you’re teaching, you’ve got to be really determined and committed. smiley

Teaching helped reshape key aspects of my life. I've learnt to be tolerant and accepting of most people, and that most people can benefit and learn when offered help and given the chance to try and make a difference. I also learnt perseverance. Teaching is like a religion, it changes your perception of life, mentally, psychologically and changes your view in general issues concerning our day to day activities as we learn everyday.

I enjoyed my work. Not that every day was uniformly pleasant, but on the whole, it was life changing. It boosted my confidence and made me very creative and much more actively imaginative. I had to be super imaginative and very creative in my teaching job. I had to develop my own style of teaching that would make me comfortable in my role as a teacher, and would make the children comfortable in their roles also as my students.

Though, I would say teaching is for those who enjoy being challenged and enjoy the company of children. Sometimes I can't help but feel when they leave their houses in the morning, their only intention is to frustrate my life rather than learn before closing. Lol. grin

I strongly recommend teaching for curious, intellectual, patient and creative people. You would learn loads and it'll make your experience as a teacher worthwhile. Because, Children can be great companions. I have had some engaging conversations and I'm always awed at the extent of where these little innocent minds wanders to. The sheer limitlessness of their thinking and imaginations blew me away oftentimes.

I like to listen to them and I always remind them that their voice matters, as great leaders of tomorrow. I love children, I love teaching. But in life, we've to move on when the time comes.

*Feeling nostalgic.* embarassed

Congrats !! Its a pity that on the average the renumeration from Teaching isn't so encouraging.. I had a brief teaching experience during my NYSC and i enjoyed every bit of it.. Looking backwards, I think my teachers especially in secondary and the University could have done a far better job impacting knowledge and making it practical to everyday life.. Sadly many of them are frustrated... Many are teaching because of no alrernative, hence frustration.. The best brains are employed by Top companies, leaving students with people with no love for the craft..

1 Like

Re: My Life As A Teacher. by FrankGiel: 3:10pm On Aug 13, 2018
oshe11:
Lol....

Long time!

Didnt really see its importance
grin
Re: My Life As A Teacher. by makydebbie(f): 3:30pm On Aug 13, 2018
FrankGiel:

Congrats !! Its a pity that on the average the renumeration from Teaching isn't so encouraging.. I had a brief teaching experience during my NYSC and i enjoyed every bit of it.. Looking backwards, I think my teachers especially in secondary and the University could have done a far better job impacting knowledge and making it practical to everyday life.. Sadly many of them are frustrated... Many are teaching because of no alrernative, hence frustration.. The best brains are employed by Top companies, leaving students with people with no love for the craft..
You've a point here. It's sad. Some teach because they don't have a choice.
Hopefully, things will get better.

2 Likes

Re: My Life As A Teacher. by highqueen(f): 3:40pm On Aug 13, 2018
makydebbie:
Awwwn my kids are amazing. embarassed They just came to my table and gave me the drawing.
Thanks dear, ama keep shining. kiss
it's loving you know. smiley
shine sis.smileykiss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Life As A Teacher. by AfroSamurai: 3:47pm On Aug 13, 2018
BiafranBushBoy:
lol

Fvcking teacher!!!

I understand the frustration of being a teacher and how life is difficult for you guys...

You are a lady, so your major hope is getting married to a rich man... Goodluck to you i.e if you can find one!

Bullshit!
dude. What's up with this? I was once a teacher you know and never, I repeat never was I what you described above.

If you're having issues with a few people who are teachers, that doesn't mean you should generalize and insult the majority.

3 Likes

Re: My Life As A Teacher. by flyca: 5:03pm On Aug 13, 2018
LionInZion:

Lovely Pictures.

Please, if I may ask, how do you combine working full-time and teaching part-time? Thanks
Full time weekdays and part-time weekends.

1 Like

Re: My Life As A Teacher. by Martinez19(m): 7:20pm On Aug 13, 2018
It is immoral to just look down on people no matter what. Makydebbie, good luck in your new career.
Re: My Life As A Teacher. by MissJoy29(f): 7:25pm On Aug 13, 2018
sirBLUNT:
cc: missjoy29
Ah! Teaching!! How I love it!!!
Thanks for summoning me dear.

Inasmuch as teachers aren't recognised for the role they play in the society, I love the profession. Having to see people you nurtured doing well is a thing of pride.

And again, I'm naturally a "children person". A book about temperaments describe my type as "excellent classroom teachers" especially in secondary schools. Which is why I'm not surprised I'm how I am with my students. The bond I share with them sometimes transcends people's basic understanding. Parents hear about me & know me even before I meet them even if I'm not directly teaching their child. At a point, I had the phone numbers of more than a quarter of the parents in school.

As someone who enjoys passing knowledge to others, I utilise that trait to educate my children more. Whenever we have evening lessons, I would take one hour off our time & veer off normal academic topics. We would learn things like a-z list of animals, colours, flowers, etc The funniest thing is that I won't stop at writing the names or pronouncing them. I will show them the pictures. Imagine showing them pics of all the animals & colours & flowers. The awe on their face makes up for the mb I was using. I will also give them a list of all the countries of the world and their capitals according to their continents. Chai! I never ran out of something extra to teach them. I will make sure they know all the states in Nigeria according to their geopolitical zones. Charity they say begins at home! Lol.

I form deep friendship and bond with my students. I remember how we hid my leaving the school from the students cos it will cause a lot of commotion and breakdown. The kids I left in my former school are like my kids. I take us out regularly(though their parents pay for the outing). We have visited almost all the cinemas in Lagos. Is it amusement parks? Lol. Whenever we go out, I ensure I take each of them home one after the other. Sometimes we get home by 8pm. But their parents know they are in safe hands. They are also my babies even though they are grown.

I can't begin to list all the benefits of being a teacher. The most important is that you get to shape young minds. And if you are a God-fearing person, you know you have to lead an upright life cos you dont only teach them but you mould them morally & this is best done by example.
Another benefit is that you get to learn more and more in order to teach effectively. Trust me when I say that cos of my children, I have learnt more. In the course of teaching them the "extra", I amassed so much knowledge that still amazes me. You don't wanna give them false information cos you are too lazy to research. Anyway, the perfectionist in me won't even allow me.

Even with the teachers, I organise competitions for us and we have mad fun !
In order to avoid being defeated in the competition, we designate a day or two for research and then come back prepared! Everything is about learning!

Ah @Makydebbie, forgive me for this long post. Just got carried away. And this doesn't even put a dent on my overall experiences as a teacher. Thanks for the post.

I'm proudly a teacher and a highly passionate one at that!

13 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Life As A Teacher. by Tallesty1(m): 7:47pm On Aug 13, 2018
BiafranBushBoy:
lol

Fvcking teacher!!!

Bullshit!
You deserve to be auctioned on olx

2 Likes

Re: My Life As A Teacher. by LionInZion: 7:53pm On Aug 13, 2018
flyca:

Full time weekdays and part-time weekends.

Okay.
Thanks
Re: My Life As A Teacher. by makydebbie(f): 9:35pm On Aug 13, 2018
Martinez19:
It is immoral to just look down on people no matter what. Makydebbie, good luck in your new career.
Thanks dear.
Re: My Life As A Teacher. by makydebbie(f): 9:37pm On Aug 13, 2018
MissJoy29:

Ah! Teaching!! How I love it!!!
Thanks for summoning me dear.

Inasmuch as teachers aren't recognised for the role they play in the society, I love the profession. Having to see people you nurtured doing well is a thing of pride.

And again, I'm naturally a "children person". A book about temperaments describe my type as "excellent classroom teachers" especially in secondary schools. Which is why I'm not surprised I'm how I am with my students. The bond I share with them sometimes transcends people's basic understanding. Parents hear about me & know me even before I meet them even if I'm not directly teaching their child. At a point, I had the phone numbers of more than a quarter of the parents in school.

As someone who enjoys passing knowledge to others, I utilise that trait to educate my children more. Whenever we have evening lessons, I would take one hour off our time & veer off normal academic topics. We would learn things like a-z list of animals, colours, flowers, etc The funniest thing is that I won't stop at writing the names or pronouncing them. I will show them the pictures. Imagine showing them pics of all the animals & colours & flowers. The awe on their face makes up for the mb I was using. I will also give them a list of all the countries of the world and their capitals according to their continents. Chai! I never ran out of something extra to teach them. I will make sure they know all the states in Nigeria according to their geopolitical zones. Charity they say begins at home! Lol.

I form deep friendship and bond with my students. I remember how we hid my leaving the school from the students cos it will cause a lot of commotion and breakdown. The kids I left in my former school are like my kids. I take us out regularly(though their parents pay for the outing). We have visited almost all the cinemas in Lagos. Is it amusement parks? Lol. Whenever we go out, I ensure I take each of them home one after the other. Sometimes we get home by 8pm. But their parents know they are in safe hands. They are also my babies even though they are grown.

I can't begin to list all the benefits of being a teacher. The most important is that you get to shape young minds. And if you are a God-fearing person, you know you have to lead an upright life cos you dont only teach them but you mould them morally & this is best done by example.
Another benefit is that you get to learn more and more in order to teach effectively. Trust me when I say that cos of my children, I have learnt more. In the course of teaching them the "extra", I amassed so much knowledge that still amazes me. You don't wanna give them false information cos you are too lazy to research. Anyway, the perfectionist in me won't even allow me.

Even with the teachers, I organise competitions for us and we have mad fun !
In order to avoid being defeated in the competition, we designate a day or two for research and then come back prepared! Everything is about learning!

Ah @Makydbbie, forgive me for this long post. Just got carried away. And this doesn't even put a dent on my overall experiences as a teacher. Thanks for the post.

I'm proudly a teacher and a highly passionate one at that!

You're an amazing teacher. kiss

1 Like

Re: My Life As A Teacher. by MissJoy29(f): 9:39pm On Aug 13, 2018
makydebbie:
You're an amazing teacher. kiss
Thanks dear.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Chronicles Of My Life On Board Ship / Corporate Finance/Investment Bankers/Stockbrokers Forum / Please Help!! I Wish To Be More Productive To Myself

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.