Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,749 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:07 AM

My Life As A Teacher. - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Life As A Teacher. (20927 Views)

What's Your Experience Like Being A Teacher / My Encounter With A Teacher Turned Bricklayer / As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Life As A Teacher. by Nobody: 9:43pm On Sep 02, 2018
makydebbie:
Are we not all good? cheesy
am so special, we are all good but there is grades in all behaviors. Try me out.
Re: My Life As A Teacher. by makydebbie(f): 10:10pm On Sep 02, 2018
dancok:
am so special, we are all good but there is grades in all behaviors. Try me out.
Lol, okay.
Re: My Life As A Teacher. by Nobody: 10:50pm On Sep 02, 2018
makydebbie:
Lol, okay.
Ketikubamidele1985@gmail.com we can get to start from there. Wow excited.
Re: My Life As A Teacher. by princfred(m): 1:47pm On Sep 05, 2018
I only like teaching smart students. Am not patient enough to teach dull ones if they are not pushing hard enough to learn. It takes a special mind to be a good teacher.
Re: My Life As A Teacher. by Babacele: 11:09am On Oct 21, 2018
princfred:
I only like teaching smart students. Am not patient enough to teach dull ones if they are not pushing hard enough to learn. It takes a special mind to be a good teacher.
Isn't that why you a teacher? There are different strategies you can employ to help different learners in your class. And as the class manager , it is important you know each learner and their peculiarities right from the start before planning your teaching strategies with your gaze and heart on inclusiveness.

Teaching is a serious business that is so fundamentally sacrosanct in a nation's march to development, and you dear teacher can only drive the ship of that noble voyage to a safe berth if sacrifice is your compass. I know so.
Re: My Life As A Teacher. by Babacele: 11:19am On Oct 21, 2018
wittyt98:
teaching is a beautiful profession ikr but i cant work as a teacher biko. i don't have the patience and I'm not good at being around kids who re prolly gonna give me headache,make me shout etc na cane i go use design gucci for person pikin body. na police go arrest me last last grin grin grin
hahaha ,wicket! FYI there child rights laws already passed in many states here in Nigeria that forbids such corporal punishment. So be aware !
Re: My Life As A Teacher. by sharedexperienc: 11:24am On Oct 21, 2018
We just Launched
Experience is believed to be the best teacher. We just launched a platform for all to freely share their experience and encourage people who might be going through similar situations.
At Shared Experience, we believe everyone has an experience. Follow the link below to start sharing your experience. Strengthen others with every experience shared
www.sharedexperience.com.ng
Re: My Life As A Teacher. by Babacele: 11:36am On Oct 21, 2018
tunjex2006:
Though teaching is a good profession but what of agony of private school teachers? Some private schools in Nigeria are great exploiters of potentials. You are being given token as your salary and they will make sure they use you thoroughly until you are useless to yourself. They will also use your time and if one is not careful, one will end up achieving nothing with them because they believe they are paying you for food and transportation though not all are callous but 98% of them have no intuition.

It is wickedness, poverty and ignorance that make most private schools exploit their teachers. Children in elementary classes or schools don't necessarily need long hours of stress before they learn. All they want is an interesting ,picturesque and an interactive class with some opportunities to play. Children from private schools should have been most intelligent in Nigeria if private school strategies are the best. But your guess is as good as the reality we have.

That said, I think the lackadaisical attitudes of many public school teachers, due to government's insincerity?, could have influenced the seeming overzealousness of the private schools who no doubt parade more dedicated teachers despite the fact that bear the ' unqualified' toga being tutors from the government schools.
Re: My Life As A Teacher. by Babacele: 11:39am On Oct 21, 2018
Jackipapa:
In Fela tone, teacher be teacher!
Fela self na teacher. Abi im no dey teach public awareness about government?
Re: My Life As A Teacher. by princfred(m): 12:05pm On Oct 21, 2018
Babacele:
Isn't that why you a teacher? There are different strategies you can employ to help different learners in your class. And as the class manager , it is important you know each learner and their peculiarities right from the start before planning your teaching strategies with your gaze and heart on inclusiveness.

Teaching is a serious business that is so fundamentally sacrosanct in a nation's march to development, and you dear teacher can only drive the ship of that noble voyage to a safe berth if sacrifice is your compass. I know so.
Your points are all valid and sweet but teaching is not my profession and calling maybe due to that lack of enough tolerance and patience. I respect teachers though. I was too smart and easily understood concepts and phenomon (came out top of the class most times) when i was a student that its hard to relate and put my self in the shoes of dull student but i love to have them thought by people who are better than me in that aspect that what i did when i had a brief stint with teaching-refered dull students to other (better?) teachers. But the brilliant ones thanked God to have me cause i made genuises out of them.

Maybe i set the bar of what i wanted to achieve with my students soo high (i wanted to be like me and even better!) that i couldnt bear the frustration that some of them couldnt get to my desired level at the desired rate. Maybe it was wrong of me to do that. Also i was already used to teaching very inteligient people who could figure things fast and make teaching fun from my higher institution days that dealing with no so bright students was completely almost a new albeit herculean experience. #Goodteachersarespecial cool
Re: My Life As A Teacher. by Babacele: 12:11pm On Oct 21, 2018
princfred:
Your points are all valid and sweet but teaching is not my profession and calling maybe due to that lack of enough toletance and patience. I respect teachers though. I was too smart and easily understood concepts and phenomon (came out top of tge class most times) when i was a student that its hard to relate and put my self in the shoes of dull student but i love to have them thought by people who are better than me in that aspect that what i did when i had a brief stint with teaching-refer dull students to other (better) teachers. But the brilliant ones thanked God to have me cause i made genuises out of them. Maybe i set the bar of what i wanted to achieve with my students soo high (i wanted to be like me and even better!) that i couldnt bear the frustration that some of my students could get to my desired level. Maybe it was wrong of me to do that. Also i was already used to teaching very inteligient people who could figure things fast and make teaching fun from my higher institution days that dealing with no so bright students was completely almost a new albeit herculean experience.
yea, I understand you totally. You ain't cut out for building the foundation on which dull students can lay the smart blocks of their mental development or fast learning traits.

We all have our SWOTs.

1 Like

Re: My Life As A Teacher. by princfred(m): 12:29pm On Oct 21, 2018
Babacele:
yea, I understand you totally. You ain't cut out for building the foundation on which dull students can lay the smart blocks of the mental development or fast learning traits.

We all have our SWOTs.
Yeah but i respect those who are very much. Am more cut out to escalate the budding talents of the brilliant ones into genuise territory. Thanks for understanding and much respect to you if you are a teacher.

1 Like

Re: My Life As A Teacher. by kkins25(m): 12:17am On Nov 22, 2018
I relocated a few days ago so had to live my job - my students. It was an emotional moment. I saw students crying nd couldn't believe my eyes. So many warm hugs!! Its a great deal to be a teacher but in this part of the world its almost a curse.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Life As A Teacher. by backlinksubmits(f): 6:04pm On Nov 22, 2018
I am always happy and lifted whenever i read these posts by u all.Good job.I am a lawyer by profession but is going into HR.I am likely to have an interview with a HR firm,pls can anyone feel me in on what to expect,the kind of likely questions to be asked,and the way to respond to make a good impression.All i need to know and prepare for. Thanks.
Re: My Life As A Teacher. by wintersnow(m): 12:48pm On Dec 18, 2018
Please someone should reach me, if there's any vacancy for the position of a geography teacher in port Harcourt.. Just finished my youth service.. Things has been tough for a while..
Re: My Life As A Teacher. by olascadbest: 2:15pm On Dec 18, 2018
Profession is Okay - But need to Add Extra Income as a Second Salary
Re: My Life As A Teacher. by Ademat7(m): 6:39am On Dec 26, 2018
sharedexperienc:
We just Launched
Experience is believed to be the best teacher. We just launched a platform for all to freely share their experience and encourage people who might be going through similar situations.
At Shared Experience, we believe everyone has an experience. Follow the link below to start sharing your experience. Strengthen others with every experience shared
www.sharedexperience.com.ng
I love the concept
Publicize it on twitter
Re: My Life As A Teacher. by makydebbie(f): 8:08pm On Oct 07, 2019
Ibkayee, please I have replied your email.
Re: My Life As A Teacher. by Rawhumper(m): 6:26pm On May 27, 2020
Its an honoroable profession.....love the patience and skill to deliver.

Keep it up dearie cos you are a gem

makydebbie:
I used to be a teacher until three weeks ago. My life as a teacher has been an amazing journey of self rediscovery and empowerment. It was also part of the key stages of my personal development and life goals growth. I didn't only teach, but I learnt as well.

While teaching my kids, I was also learning with them and from them. Yes, I did learn from them because one thing I discovered even deeper in my teaching job is how kids, being so young and so innocent at heart combined with their sweet natural unsuppressed, imaginative curious minds, can view things in ways most adults would ever not. Being around them rekindled an originally strong imaginative light and a beautiful sense of deeply natural observation that is always present in all of us as children but which we tend to outgrow and leave dormant when we grow older into our older teens, twenties and forties. Most adults today have lost their childlike wonder and innocent sense of belief that dreams can come through. Being around my kids as a teacher strongly reminded me of what exactly it is like to just believe and bask in the wonder of how truly beautiful the world around us is despite all its chaos and madness.

During my time as a teacher, I took the role of guardian for my kids, training and nurturing them to walk in the right path with regards to making their dreams a reality, supporting them along the way and telling them that they should never lose faith in the beauty of their dreams inspite of what the world tries to project as negative and impossible. I let them know that their million dreams can inspire them into worlds undiscovered and realms yet unknown.

Now, I wouldn't even lie to you or sugarcoat words. Sometimes, teaching can be the best job in the world and sometimes it's the worst job ever. Teaching is so very incredibly demanding. sad

I love my kids and I'll always remember them. From my very inquisitive Alberta, to video vixen Emmanuella and my peaceful Doris. I love them all. They are awesome!

Anyone can teach but to teach well and care for the people you’re teaching, you’ve got to be really determined and committed. smiley

Teaching helped reshape key aspects of my life. I've learnt to be tolerant and accepting of most people, and that most people can benefit and learn when offered help and given the chance to try and make a difference. I also learnt perseverance. Teaching is like a religion, it changes your perception of life, mentally, psychologically and changes your view in general issues concerning our day to day activities as we learn everyday.

I enjoyed my work. Not that every day was uniformly pleasant, but on the whole, it was life changing. It boosted my confidence and made me very creative and much more actively imaginative. I had to be super imaginative and very creative in my teaching job. I had to develop my own style of teaching that would make me comfortable in my role as a teacher, and would make the children comfortable in their roles also as my students.

Though, I would say teaching is for those who enjoy being challenged and enjoy the company of children. Sometimes I can't help but feel when they leave their houses in the morning, their only intention is to frustrate my life rather than learn before closing. Lol. grin

I strongly recommend teaching for curious, intellectual, patient and creative people. You would learn loads and it'll make your experience as a teacher worthwhile. Because, Children can be great companions. I have had some engaging conversations and I'm always awed at the extent of where these little innocent minds wanders to. The sheer limitlessness of their thinking and imaginations blew me away oftentimes.

I like to listen to them and I always remind them that their voice matters, as great leaders of tomorrow. I love children, I love teaching. But in life, we've to move on when the time comes.

*Feeling nostalgic.* embarassed

Re: My Life As A Teacher. by makydebbie(f): 6:33pm On May 27, 2020
Rawhumper:
Its an honoroable profession.....love the patience and skill to deliver.

Keep it up dearie cos you are a gem

Thank you dear.
Re: My Life As A Teacher. by Rawhumper(m): 8:57pm On May 27, 2020
I hope to visit Ghana someday.

Chale can i pm you?

Thanks and pleased to meet you once again

makydebbie:

Thank you dear.
Re: My Life As A Teacher. by makydebbie(f): 10:25pm On May 27, 2020
Rawhumper:

I hope to visit Ghana someday.

Chale can i pm you?

Thanks and pleased to meet you once again

Hopefully your dream comes true.
Oh please I don't reply pms.
Re: My Life As A Teacher. by Rawhumper(m): 11:06pm On May 27, 2020
I understand chale....no p.

You can make it come true chale cheesy grin

quote author=makydebbie post=90030474]
Oh please I don't reply pms. [/quote]
Re: My Life As A Teacher. by Rawhumper(m): 7:30pm On May 28, 2020
Hi my lady,how was your day?

Hope it was splendid.

Checking on you

makydebbie:

Thank you dear.
Re: My Life As A Teacher. by makydebbie(f): 9:27am On May 29, 2020
Rawhumper:

Hi my lady,how was your day?

Hope it was splendid.

Checking on you

My day went well, thank you very much.
Re: My Life As A Teacher. by Decimus: 7:00pm On May 29, 2020
makydebbie:

Oh please I don't reply pms.
Lol, whose dream is to visit Ghana? Come on now cheesy
Re: My Life As A Teacher. by hstar: 2:16pm On Dec 20, 2020
Fantastic
Re: My Life As A Teacher. by VERTEX1: 4:24am On Jan 25, 2021
makydebbie:
I used to be a teacher until three weeks ago. My life as a teacher has been an amazing journey of self rediscovery and empowerment. It was also part of the key stages of my personal development and life goals growth. I didn't only teach, but I learnt as well.

While teaching my kids, I was also learning with them and from them. Yes, I did learn from them because one thing I discovered even deeper in my teaching job is how kids, being so young and so innocent at heart combined with their sweet natural unsuppressed, imaginative curious minds, can view things in ways most adults would ever not. Being around them rekindled an originally strong imaginative light and a beautiful sense of deeply natural observation that is always present in all of us as children but which we tend to outgrow and leave dormant when we grow older into our older teens, twenties and forties. Most adults today have lost their childlike wonder and innocent sense of belief that dreams can come through. Being around my kids as a teacher strongly reminded me of what exactly it is like to just believe and bask in the wonder of how truly beautiful the world around us is despite all its chaos and madness.

During my time as a teacher, I took the role of guardian for my kids, training and nurturing them to walk in the right path with regards to making their dreams a reality, supporting them along the way and telling them that they should never lose faith in the beauty of their dreams inspite of what the world tries to project as negative and impossible. I let them know that their million dreams can inspire them into worlds undiscovered and realms yet unknown.

Now, I wouldn't even lie to you or sugarcoat words. Sometimes, teaching can be the best job in the world and sometimes it's the worst job ever. Teaching is so very incredibly demanding. sad

I love my kids and I'll always remember them. From my very inquisitive Alberta, to video vixen Emmanuella and my peaceful Doris. I love them all. They are awesome!

Anyone can teach but to teach well and care for the people you’re teaching, you’ve got to be really determined and committed. smiley

Teaching helped reshape key aspects of my life. I've learnt to be tolerant and accepting of most people, and that most people can benefit and learn when offered help and given the chance to try and make a difference. I also learnt perseverance. Teaching is like a religion, it changes your perception of life, mentally, psychologically and changes your view in general issues concerning our day to day activities as we learn everyday.

I enjoyed my work. Not that every day was uniformly pleasant, but on the whole, it was life changing. It boosted my confidence and made me very creative and much more actively imaginative. I had to be super imaginative and very creative in my teaching job. I had to develop my own style of teaching that would make me comfortable in my role as a teacher, and would make the children comfortable in their roles also as my students.

Though, I would say teaching is for those who enjoy being challenged and enjoy the company of children. Sometimes I can't help but feel when they leave their houses in the morning, their only intention is to frustrate my life rather than learn before closing. Lol. grin

I strongly recommend teaching for curious, intellectual, patient and creative people. You would learn loads and it'll make your experience as a teacher worthwhile. Because, Children can be great companions. I have had some engaging conversations and I'm always awed at the extent of where these little innocent minds wanders to. The sheer limitlessness of their thinking and imaginations blew me away oftentimes.

I like to listen to them and I always remind them that their voice matters, as great leaders of tomorrow. I love children, I love teaching. But in life, we've to move on when the time comes.

*Feeling nostalgic.* embarassed

I do teach too
op

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why Do Nigerian Youths Think That Computer + Internet Connection = Yahoo Yahoo? / Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records / Please Help!! I Wish To Be More Productive To Myself

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.