Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,286 members, 7,860,670 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 02:04 PM

Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? (18303 Views)

Interesting Message Or Heresy: Pst Chris Says Jesus Is No Longer The Way / Should People Fall Down When A Pastor Lays Hand On Them? / Anointing: Why Do Pastors Blow Into Microphones? Why Must People Fall? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by kingchild(m): 1:20pm On Jun 24, 2010
@ Harakiri, cc: my fellow christian on NL

GOD bless you as you search for the truth, it might surprise you, but the truth is you have the same mindset of jesus that questions every abnormality and to that i want to tell you that you are a christian.

let me try to answer your questions, i would start by answering the partiallity of GOD about isreal first, please pardon my inability to sequentially and chronologically arrange them.

Abraham the father of isaac, the father of jacob.
Abram the son of Terah the uncle of lot and the husband of sera, Terah set out of Ur in padan haram with one of his son and his grandson whose father Nahor is late
at a particular time Terah died and GOd said to abraham to leave there and press forward to where he is going to show him and that He is going to bless him and make into a great nation.
that was how he appeared in canaan and continued there, the Bible have this account of Abraham that he was barren, him and his wife serah, yet he believed God concerning anything that God put before him as an instruction.  
(Genesis 11,12,13,14,15,from vs 1- end)

my  brother the story is so long and i know you have gotten the basis.

Now God choose to make a nation for himself  through Abraham that was a barren , and you know what amazed God about Abraham and the reason why he choose to show the much partiallity to his about 500 generations? it is because Abraham believed Him not considering His barrenness neither the deadness of sarah's womb and the situation at any time he has this mindset that any thing that God said is done.

God made a promise to him that his children are going to possess this whole land of canaan, and you know what? even when he didn't have a child at 70, he believed GOD,
Because of the cordiallity that existed between him and God, God has to tell him His plans and how he's going to accomplish it. So Abraham knew before time that his grandchildren would be enslaved in egypt, shall be tormented and God shall by  the hand of a prophet who is equally Abraham's seed bring them forth out of slavery and as such punish that land in which they were enslaved

i know you might not want to hear this, but God can not be explained, His ways according to him are not our ways, he said as the heaven is, from earth that's exactly how His thought are far beyond our thoughts and you can just imagine how he reasons.

oga Harakiri,
your knowledge of GOD's word might best mine, but as apostle paul said, iron sharpens iron, and if a brother is slipping off those that stand should  snatch him, Harakiri you already know that truth , please  please and please don't misuse the grace of our lord Jesus christ.

about the bible and the authentication of its claims, i too have hard time in bel;ieving some of the write-ups and matching them together but that is no to say God's word is incorrect,search your iner most inner, are you convince of this truth?God said during our time the word of God would be written in our HEART, by heart are you sure the bible isn't complete?
are you just trying to make issues out of nothing, careful my brother because every careless word shall be given account of. you know the truth but know this that you have succeeded in bringing doubt into some christian that are not as rooted in the word as you are,

instead of saying God, why not say fake pastors, Jesus himself knew they are going to some of them hence he admonished us to taste all spirit and confirm the truth.

onwards with contending for the truth, Jude said you should contend for the faith ( contend=fight)
not against God because of some false teachings but for God against the false teacher.

My advise,

please channel this strength into evangelizing the Lord Jesus, and watch the kingdom expand and wait for your crown on the last day. (Revelation 1- end, and Revelation 22- end)
[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by Tudor6(f): 1:25pm On Jun 24, 2010
doubleroti:

@ Harakiri,

You have expressely stated that people go to church because of what they can get, be it healing,wealth etc. Well i will tell you categorically that i got saved over 10 yrs ago when i was hooked on drugs and on my way out of school, Yes, i needed help and ran to church, I ran to the church that i knew nothing about, I got salvation that embodies more than what led me there in the first instance.

My point, if our problems and issues are the catalysts that lead us to God, then my man, it well would be worth it. The western countries that you have mentioned are enslaved by their freedom, look around and u will realize this. Remember the words of Jesus "it will be easier for an elephant to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to see the kingdom of God"  know why, because the wealthy man has no needs, he trusts and believes in himself, Mark my words, we thrive in our frailties.

Mr man, dont decieve yourself. . . As long as you went to a place looking to have your life problems solved and get rich, as soon as those things are taken away or you dont get them you are gone to seek alternatives,

its basic truth. Humans are basically selfish and the only thing that takes them and keeps them in god are the so called ''rewards''. Either rewards that they'll be rich, problem free or live and enjoy forever.

Religion appeals to the ''selfish'' interest of man and anything that appeals to narcissism is unworthy of being called 'godly'.

Last word, Have you noticed that you have done so much research and put so much effort only to be negative and "destructive" I don't think thats a way to live.
if so much research hadnt been done and found out the negative and ''destructive'' conclusion that diseases were caused by germs instead of ''evil spirits'' as your bible would have us believe, I wonder if you'd be alive today.
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by Tudor6(f): 1:30pm On Jun 24, 2010
bros1234:

Another true word

Fact is these guys - Harakiri and Tudor are living in serious fear. Hence they ar lookin for alternative to God. Pity, there is none
I dont know whether to laugh or cry at this silly statement.

Who is afraid, the dude who worships an egocentric entity called yahweh coz he doesnt wanna go to hell or the smart guy who does not believe the ridiculous jewish myths?
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by nuclearboy(m): 1:41pm On Jun 24, 2010
@Tudor:

Gen 1:1  In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
Gen 1:2  And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

Above is what my Bible says.

In Gen 1:6, it says He separated the waters below from those above. What was happening in the period between the Spirit "moving" upon the face of the waters above and the separation? At least we know of ONE thing - He created Light. So tell me what else happened, Tudor and over what period of time? Note that light and darkness had not yet been separated so how do you quantify His "DAY" to be one light and one darkness combination? For you needs must quantif that day to be your own definition to be able to say the 6 days means six "man" days!
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by anietieh: 1:47pm On Jun 24, 2010
Its a pity that the first poster's thread has been hijacked. Yet i find it illuminating that it has been hijacked by people like harakiri, nuclear boy, tudor etc.

I am not very educated but i do have a lot of biblical knowledge. For the first poster, i will simply say, in answer to the question in his thread subject:

1. the holy spirit does not display power in that way so your question "is it a good way to show Gods power" does not even arise because that is not Gods power being displayed.

Then i wish harakiri could respond to many of the answers proffered to his questions. It seems that he has gotten tired of the thread. I would also like to know if any of the answers given have satisfied him so that i know which ones to answer or if i should answer all.

@ nuclear boy, you really do know what you are talking about and im glad people like you still exist.

For me the key thing is to have an open mind. My father used to say that the problem most people have is that a man convinced of his opinion is always of the same.

If someone is willing to reason, and not let any thing, previous bias or idea prevent the absorption of a new idea or thought, then the person is more likely to gain.

I wish though that harakiri had taken nuclearboy's advice and posted his question as a new thread, and that way, it would have been easier to focus on the discussion centered on his questions and less fanatics would come in saying things like "God is a mystery", etc. or "man of god" when those ideas are utterly false. I believe that harakiri is seeking for answers. And i know how frustrating it is when one seeks for answers and yet cannot find them. The only ones given are unsatisfactorily. I believe i have reasonable answers to his questions and i hope he gives me a chance to give him my answers.

To tudor, i can only say, that when searching for answers, sincerity is the only thing that determines whether or not one will succeed in getting the true answers. If one is sincere, when he finds the answer, even though it conflicts with all he/she has previously believed, and strongly so, his/her sincerity will make him see that his previous stance was wrong and it takes a great man to do that.
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by Jephyard(m): 2:03pm On Jun 24, 2010
@ Tudor
Pleas get down to your Bible and see the modification yourself.
Jesus did not abolish the moral and ethical laws that had been in effect from the time of Moses (Matthew 5:17-18, Luke 16:16-17). He affirmed and expanded upon those principles, but He said obedience must be from the heart (attitudes and intentions) rather than just technical observance of the letter of the law (Matthew 5:21-22, 27-28, 31-32, 33-34, 38-42, 43-44, etc.).
In contrast to the "clean" and "unclean rules," Jesus said no food can defile a person. It is bad attitudes and actions that can make a person unholy (Matthew 15:1-20, Mark 7:1-23). that is the modification.

On the issue God chose Isreal remember Adam, Enoch, Noah, Abraham, and Isaac were not Isrealite though it started from their decendant. God was finding one man and it generation that will be a transit point for all and that person happen to be Jacob aka Israel. Thru this man we ve Christ if it would have been us i don't know what would have happen but am sure we will kind of end the thing with ourselve not spreading the news around. Take for instance why are not all the players that are playing football in Nigeria and abroad taken, atleast there so many of them but the game require twelve but the best of the crop at to be taken n the others left to learn from them.

About the love got display in old testament also remember that everykingdom has it own religion then apart from Isreal and whoever is not for the god of other nation will be put to death. The old time is diffrent from what we ve today and their way of reasoning then is diffrent too, so God was God of War, if you are against His selected one you die n no salvation thru Christ then.

On Pharoah, God was using it to show the magnitude of His Power to those He want to rescue because God knows those He wants to free will take Him and what He has done for them for granted afterall He will come n rescue us He has no choice, they have to learn it the hard way grin. If you could remember whenever the Isrealite sin there is always this saying in the Bible of Old He freed you from captivity in Egypt so get the point why He did it, no pain no gain.

On wherether man created God in His own image or not. If I may ask you something What do you thing If I ask you who is your Mother to you, record it and listen to it, will that mean you created your mother in your own image. Look up soldier you will only subscribe to what you understand and remember you meant this whole thing here n if u think it all messd up then show us the way out.
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by abeldavey: 2:08pm On Jun 24, 2010
let's take heed with the way we talk about this men of God before we offend God. every pastor has a case with God. SO PLS LET THEM BE.
i like d man personally. 4 me, he is a true man of God.
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by doubleroti: 2:10pm On Jun 24, 2010
@ Tudor

Firstly, I wonder why you are so passionate about this issue, it really beats me, you really should calm down, The things of the spirit can not be comprehended by the human mind,however i am hoping these words being shared can get you to think outside the box.You said :

"Mr man, dont decieve yourself. . . As long as you went to a place looking to have your life problems solved and get rich, as soon as those things are taken away or you dont get them you are gone to seek alternatives"

Once again you display your ignorance and canality, when a man due to a need rushes to God, he exposes him/herself to the possibility of getting saved, if and when he does, he becomes a new man, he finds in God someone greater than the world, greater than any of his needs both present and future, he is no longer controlled by those needs but by the love of God. Sadly you possibly won't understand that feeling, so you can stay on the outside and keep analyzing this.

Lastly to you and everyother person, In life there are people who enjoy the benefits of what has been freely made available for everyone, while there are some who criticize, analyze and spend their lifetime looking for holes, the decision on which side of the divide we choose to stay lies with us all, I pray you choose wisely.
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by whybanme(f): 2:21pm On Jun 24, 2010
abeldavey:

let's take heed with the way we talk about this men of God before we offend God.

Yawns! the biggest lie in religion
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by Tudor6(f): 2:21pm On Jun 24, 2010
nuclearboy:

@Tudor:

Gen 1:1  In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
Gen 1:2  And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

Above is what my Bible says.

In Gen 1:6, it says He separated the waters below from those above. What was happening in the period between the Spirit "moving" upon the face of the waters above and the separation? At least we know of ONE thing - He created Light. So tell me what else happened, Tudor and over what period of time? Note that light and darkness had not yet been separated so how do you quantify His "DAY" to be one light and one darkness combination? For you needs must quantif that day to be your own definition to be able to say the 6 days means six "man" days!
How, do I quantify it?
Well let me tell you, the God dude who sad he created the earth surely does not need light and darkness to measure the expanse of a day does he?

One would think as stated in genesis 1 :14 the light was created for US to tell signs, seasons and day and night. Does god in all his supposed power and might need light to tell seasons, day etc?

In giving the story to moses he did know the time frame he created the earth whether he had created the tool for measurement or not.

So when god explictly said in Exodus 20 :11 that he created the heaven and earth in SIX DAYS surely he knows what the hell he is talking about, doesnt he? Or are you saying god was lying?

This is even besides the ridiculosity of the lights created on the 3RD day, this would mean the sun and moon were created on the 3rd day and we all know from science the sun is far older than the earth.

And then, how can plants and herbs (day 2) be created before sunlight (day 3) ?? Have you ever heard of photosynthesis?

Omo, the whole story just tire person.
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by Tudor6(f): 3:02pm On Jun 24, 2010
Jephyard:

@ Tudor
Pleas get down to your Bible and see the modification yourself.
Jesus did not abolish the moral and ethical laws that had been in effect from the time of Moses (Matthew 5:17-18, Luke 16:16-17). He affirmed and expanded upon those principles, but He said obedience must be from the heart (attitudes and intentions) rather than just technical observance of the letter of the law (Matthew 5:21-22, 27-28, 31-32, 33-34, 38-42, 43-44, etc.).
In contrast to the "clean" and "unclean rules," Jesus said no food can defile a person. It is bad attitudes and actions that can make a person unholy (Matthew 15:1-20, Mark 7:1-23). that is the modification.
This is just confusing. . . .

The ''clean'' and ''unclean'' rules who gave them, if not god?

Or is it during the time of jesus that ''bad attitudes and actions'' suddenly made a person unholy?

Why the modification? It was clearly an abolishment of the ''clean'' unclean'' rules and that equals CHANGE.

God said I CHANGETH not.
Two things are involved here;

1. god is a bloody liar and can change

2. Jesus was a bloody liar , god cannot and has not changed hence why orhodox jews will be right to obey old testament rules.

''An eye for an eye'' is pretty different from ''turn the other cheek'' - infact its such a radical turnaround in rules that anyone who denies this wanthon CHANGE is clearly deceiving himself
On the issue God chose Isreal remember Adam, Enoch, Noah, Abraham, and Isaac were not Isrealite though it started from their decendant. God was finding one man and it generation that will be a transit point for all and that person happen to be Jacob aka Israel. Thru this man we ve Christ if it would have been us i don't know what would have happen but am sure we will kind of end the thing with ourselve not spreading the news around. Take for instance why are not all the players that are playing football in Nigeria and abroad taken, atleast there so many of them but the game require twelve but the best of the crop at to be taken n the others left to learn from them.

Noah, abraham, enoch etc ARE ALL directly linked to the jewish lineage and infact made up by the jews. Just the same way the yorubas trace their history to oduduwa and lamurudu.

Its no suprise that somehow their god ''chose''' abraham their ancestor the same way orunmila ''choose'' oduduwa.

When you are inventing a god surely it must be said to choose your own people afterall why invent a god for other people?

About the love got display in old testament also remember that everykingdom has it own religion then apart from Isreal and whoever is not for the god of other nation will be put to death. The old time is diffrent from what we ve today and their way of reasoning then is diffrent too, so God was God of War, if you are against His selected one you die n no salvation thru Christ then.

This is just wierd. . . . So there was no salvation thru' christ, whose fault was that??

You have come to steal my land and I'm supposed to just move over and let you?

Is that what a loving god will do? Send you to go steal, murder, plunder and arson to get a promised land? When free land abound allover the earth?

On Pharoah, God was using it to show the magnitude of His Power to those He want to rescue because God knows those He wants to free will take Him and what He has done for them for granted afterall He will come n rescue us He has no choice, they have to learn it the hard way grin. If you could remember whenever the Isrealite sin there is always this saying in the Bible of Old He freed you from captivity in Egypt so get the point why He did it, no pain no gain.

So, controlling pharoah like a robot so he can continue to punish, torture and eventually kill first borns, was done to show magnitude of power?

Not only does this rubbish the free-will argument one would have to ask, if pharoah had been left alone and he'd let the isrealites go without god repeatedly hardening his heart, what will it take away from the story??

I find it very difficult to relate such a character with love.

Then again, i even wonder what pharoah did wrong. The israelites were allowed to keep slaves so slavery according to your god isnt a sin.

On wherether man created God in His own image or not. If I may ask you something What do you thing If I ask you who is your Mother to you, record it and listen to it, will that mean you created your mother in your own image. Look up soldier you will only subscribe to what you understand and remember you meant this whole thing here n if u think it all messd up then show us the way out.

The way out? Use your brains and look out there rather than waiting for a dead white carpenter to come save you.
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by kingville(m): 3:13pm On Jun 24, 2010
Hello poster,
Gods spirit is his answer so what pastor chris does and people fall is the physical manifestation of the holyspirit,
I myself give people take it and they fall and receive.just study Gods word ok
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by Tudor6(f): 3:15pm On Jun 24, 2010
doubleroti:

@ Tudor

Firstly, I wonder why you are so passionate about this issue, it really beats me, you really should calm down, The things of the spirit can not be comprehended by the human mind,however i am hoping these words being shared can get you to think outside the box.You said :

"Mr man, dont decieve yourself. . . As long as you went to a place looking to have your life problems solved and get rich, as soon as those things are taken away or you dont get them you are gone to seek alternatives"

Once again you display your ignorance and canality, when a man due to a need rushes to God, he exposes him/herself to the possibility of getting saved, if and when he does, he becomes a new man, he finds in God someone greater than the world, greater than any of his needs both present and future, he is no longer controlled by those needs but by the love of God. Sadly you possibly won't understand that feeling, so you can stay on the outside and keep analyzing this.

Lastly to you and everyother person, In life there are people who enjoy the benefits of what has been freely made available for everyone, while there are some who criticize, analyze and spend their lifetime looking for holes, the decision on which side of the divide we choose to stay lies with us all, I pray you choose wisely.

Wow @ the bolded. . . . Wouldnt it be all wonderful if ALL or even majority of christians turned out like this?

Sadly you and I know that is pure BS when compared with the realities on ground.

True a few christians might have ''becomes a new man, he finds in God someone greater than the world, greater than any of his needs both present and future, he is no longer controlled by those needs but by the love '' but hey, it isnt all exclusive to christianity is it? There are buddists, muslims and hindus who have become ''new men'' ''and found something greater than their material needs'', ''no linger controlled by those needs but by love'' etc - it goes to show you all men are capable of such ''enlightenment'' its independent of any god or gods.
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by voiceofsa: 3:15pm On Jun 24, 2010
Brother and Sisters no comment for it is written that the power of life or death is in the tongue. So make God Judge
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by Jephyard(m): 3:33pm On Jun 24, 2010
@ Tudor

My english would have caused me some error in using it but what i meant is this not change but to expand on the misinterpretation of the law practiced by the Jew then. Christ only came to expantiate. And don't get me twisted by saying you winning the game cos u not better than the others i ve come accross i know their mind, i was one of them. And i know how conny i was with it n taking you know where.

There is this great guy in the Bible who liken to be you and you know him that guy is Nicodemus.

Why don't you shut your reasoning and try go back to your bible and try to see it in another line and even if you read the Bible 1 million times just keep doing it or practice it you will see the light.

The Roman i Suspect might ve keep some part of the Bible but for sure those parts are to keep some power away from us n they know it. Cos this earth there is some kind of law that must be known but kept from you and i
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by harakiri(m): 3:37pm On Jun 24, 2010
stevetokyo:

@ (Napoleonboy) (Harakiri),.  The problem is illiteracy in Nigeria.
Everyone on this tread should please read this book.
God Is Not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything,,    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_Is_Not_Great

I have the Audio Version,,   I can give my personal ftp server so that it can be downloaded.

I just logged and went through the article.Splendid write up i'd say.Very illuminating.
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by harakiri(m): 3:38pm On Jun 24, 2010
Akwaowoa:

@harakiri I love your style. Do not mind all of them. The point is none of them will be able to answer any of those questions because they are all false. They are all committing the fallacy ' argumentum ad ignorantian'. The truth is that all those questions have answers. So you are not to be purnished. I will try posting some replies since i am using a mobile device. Or better meet a true jehovah's witness. They will attempt answering your questions.  As for chris, he claims to be christian. May I ask: did jesus's power ever throw any body to the ground? No. The only instance was when he casted out a demon from a posessed. Take note it was the demon that convulsed the boy not the power of God.( mark 9: 14-29) so to all lovers of P. Chris, if his power  pushes people to the ground then like it or not he is using demonic power. The kind of miracle  can help up to identify and the millions of false christians in nigeria alone. He is just one amongst many. False christianity is a scam.

I have talked to countless Jehovah witnesses but thanks.
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by harakiri(m): 3:40pm On Jun 24, 2010
miftah:

Harakiri, We are in the end time now,it baffles me wen ppl are able to kno wat is right frm wrong, but I kno they all went for divine intervention wh they can neva c among dis fake pastors.

Mind u, a lot of all dis worshipper are mere bench-warmer in the church if not they shld read Matthew 7: 21-23 even to the end.

They want to die because of Jesus wh was not the founder of CHRISTIANITY ( 2 parallal line dat can never meet), If paul and banabars were alive what do u expect wil appen?

U kno the worst part of it , none of them including all the fake pastors ( no true pastor in dis our country)  can tell u that JESUS himself said or written in the bible that CHRISTIANITY is a religion and their place of worship shld be named CHURCH.

Abi ooo! The thing tire me sef. grin
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by harakiri(m): 3:43pm On Jun 24, 2010
nuclearboy:

This has turned sad. Really really sad. basically then, everyone judges God by what "pastors" do.  embarassed cry And while I agree most of them are an abomination and are doing wrong, misinterpreting God's Word deliberately to their own financial advantage and turning wrong into right, my point remains - if a suffering man refuses to read the Bible himself to know what is right, is it the pastor's fault? And when a pastor uses that to advantage to enrich himself, is it God's fault. NO, it is the fault of the lazy suffering man and the greed of the pastor.

@harakiri:

Do we still continue? And actually, a few examples of true "miracles" come to mind! Problem is, will you take my word or do I turn back time and let you witness them yourself?

Then again, maybe I should ask one question of you - do you believe the "devil" exists?

Yeah we should.Please fill me in on these "miracles" that have come to light recently and yes. . .i do not believe in the Jewish devil.
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by harakiri(m): 3:46pm On Jun 24, 2010
bros1234:

Alright harakiri and co.

You need proof that God exists before you can believe. I'll tell u something. I am not a member of Christ Embassy. It happened several years ago. one day I saw a woman whose right hand was decaying. Out of sympathy and love i prayed with her to be healed in Jesus name. Nothing dramatic. Two days later I was news all over that small village. They wanted to see me everywhere. I was happy but then surprised also with the fact that all the signs of the wound was gone.

A few other times I have seen things like that. Nothing really dramatic anyway. Just out of sympathy I would request those folks to join and lets pray

You see If you are with me now out of pity and love I would lay hands on you to fall down and you would fall. Nevertheleess, why not raise your voice and shout, GOD if you are real show me. Then wait soem days. He will answer your prayer

There are two things that happened here :

(1)You actually prayed for her, she branched somewhere to have a decent meal of vegetable soup and pounded yam and swallowed antibiotics afterwards thus getting rid of the bacterial infection on her hand OR

(2)You are a shameless liar!

It has to be one of them.
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by harakiri(m): 3:48pm On Jun 24, 2010
yemmight:

@ Harakiri & his apostles

I am not surprised @ all because even satan himself is so vast in qouting bible to destroy lives.  We still have people like you who turn the holy book up side down in order to confuse people.

Please, who is Satan? Have you seen him before? What does he look like? I need answers.

Thanks.
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by harakiri(m): 3:51pm On Jun 24, 2010
obelisk:

nice thread.very nice thread.

@skyndyp, try and think things thru b4 parrot what you have been force fed in church.

@ harakiri,nigerians like you will take us far from this darkness we have found ourselves.

@topic,
did Jesus ever try to prove a miracle to a sceptic?
how are you christians christ like when you dont follow his methods?
the topic say "pst chris says take it and ppl fall,do you believe it"?

well i dont ! do you?

Thanks man but it's Nigerians that can deliver themselves through overcoming their greed for blessings and fear of the unknown.Only through that can real deliverance occur.
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by PurestBoy(m): 3:52pm On Jun 24, 2010
Abeg make una leave Pastor Chris alone. Why should moderators always put any thing on Pastor Chris on front page??
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by harakiri(m): 3:53pm On Jun 24, 2010
Jephyard:

@harakiri

Just straight to your point.

(1) The Holy Bible is straight to the point and will only give you details that will be of benefit to you. What you need to know and understand about God, God has given n not some botany, animal and prehistroy books for you to read.

(2) If you watch the news from your tv either local or international station do they mention all the people around for you to undestand what they are saying? The main character are used and not some lenghty talks or reading from a book on how this go and goes. Before the killing of Abel it took some years and during those years do you know what happen? So many things has happen before the killing of Abel.

(3) God is supernatural n how He work is beyond human comprehension all i can say about this is that God brought the animal to Noah and He created them. Have ever loved someone to the extend that what happen to the person also affect you so God speak to them same way out of the love for them not to be destroy and they obey n remember the animal are still perfect in their deed than human.

(4) Christ came to modify the word of God in the New Testament that is better understanding n knowledge. The Old Testament is important just as the New Testament. Man is realy twisted the bible for it own gain n the twisted are the blind followers who read their bible to get understanding of this things.

(5) God give you choice either good or bad and not remote you like robot.God is not commited to know one but yet He works in a way as if all it actions are there for you to see. He is showing patience, mercy, love and a host of them so that when He take one one, No one will say He is unjust God. Remember we human are washing what God will do next and the Angels and Demon too so He is careful on what He does and systematically.

(6)God did not created any religion for us we did, our actions is left to us not God. Some men of God will protect their own interest.

Okay. . .

One question.Can you prove to me that the bible is actually the word of the supreme being?
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by harakiri(m): 3:54pm On Jun 24, 2010
kingrhirhs:

I hope that I have been able to answer some of your questions.

1. God did not say the world is 5, 000 years old. It is the calculations of men.
He only said he created the world in seven days. He also did not tell us if the seven days is 24 hours as we know today. he only told us that a day to him can be a thousand years. He calculations of time is different from ours.

2. He could have married his sister. It is not uncommon than. God could have also created more people. There are many things the Bible did not tell us. We believe in faith that on the last day. God will explain to us

3. If u study your geography well. U will know that the earth today is different from the earth of Noah’s time. The African elephant and the India elephant are closely related. Science say that it might have been land movement that separated the African continent from that of the India. Science also say that the earth was one single land mass but got separated by earth quake, volcanic activities and other climatic change.  

[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][color=#006600][/color]
4. The bible is subject to abuse. Bible warned also about this. Jesus said it. If some pple are abusing the bible, it does not reduce it authority or truth. The bible tells us to always search the scriptures for the truth and not somebody’s interpretation.

5. God knew from the day he created man wat would happen and he plan a way of saving man. If u read the bible very well the plan of Jesus coming to the world was right from the creation.  Man was created to glorified God and not the other way round. The failure of man would and can reduce the power of God. God does not need man to be God.

6. The standard of Christianity is not man. The standard is Jesus. If men have been the standard, Christianity would have failed. So study Jesus and u would understand wat Christianity is all about. Christianity is the most abused religion in the world today. Empires
and kingdoms  have  risen and fallen cause of Christianity. Yet it  still stands today not bicos of men but of God.
[/sup][sup][sub][/sub]

Nice. . .

Please, how are you sure that the Jewish deity is actually the supreme being other than the fact that you were taught Christianity from child hood?Please no verses from the bible. . .just straight answers.

Thanks.
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by damilola15: 4:02pm On Jun 24, 2010
I couldn't care about pastor Chris and any other pastor.
The only thing I go to do in church is sing, pray and offering. I often don't listen to the messages. I don't even know my pastors name.
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by harakiri(m): 4:07pm On Jun 24, 2010
doubleroti:

@ Harakiri,

You have expressely stated that people go to church because of what they can get, be it healing,wealth etc. Well i will tell you categorically that i got saved over 10 yrs ago when i was hooked on drugs and on my way out of school, Yes, i needed help and ran to church, I ran to the church that i knew nothing about, I got salvation that embodies more than what led me there in the first instance.

My point, if our problems and issues are the catalysts that lead us to God, then my man, it well would be worth it. The western countries that you have mentioned are enslaved by their freedom, look around and u will realize this. Remember the words of Jesus "it will be easier for an elephant to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to see the kingdom of God"  know why, because the wealthy man has no needs, he trusts and believes in himself, Mark my words, we thrive in our frailties.

Last word, Have you noticed that you have done so much research and put so much effort only to be negative and "destructive" I don't think thats a way to live.

At first bolded part, i was heavily hooked on weed and alcohol 10 years ago too (during university days).I just decided one day to quit the habit and I've been weed free till date.You can also get "saved" in rehab centers/addiction programs.All people need is encouragement and belief that there is more to life than bad habits.

At second bolded part, i don't need to do any research on anything.The issues i brought up are things that ARE AROUND YOU AND EVERYONE IN GENERAL! These are questions billions of people all over the world have asked themselves a least a few times in their lives."Negative and destructive"? How does stating the obvious become negative and destructive unless there is something sinister going on at the background? If you have proof that the bible is actually the genuine word of the supreme being, please state it otherwise hold your peace.

Thanks.
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by jidobaba(m): 4:12pm On Jun 24, 2010
people that follow Chis 'da trick' Oyakhilome should have their brains sucked out through their noses with a straw.
and their jerry curls set ablaze with banger
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by harakiri(m): 4:21pm On Jun 24, 2010
bros1234:

Another true word

Fact is these guys - Harakiri and Tudor are living in serious fear. Hence they ar lookin for alternative to God. Pity, there is none

Living in fear? Far from it dude.If there's anyone who's been living in fear all their lives, it's the likes of you! You live in fear of a Jewish god who's religion was superimposed on your forefathers by the white man during the slave era! You live in fear of a god you have no concrete evidence of except what you were taught and brainwashed with from childhood.Isn't that pathetic? If the white man hadn't come, you would probably be living in fear of Sango,Obatala or Amadioha?

Even the bible you so believe in encourages it's followers to seek knowledge and they shall find it.That same bible encourages it's followers to test the spirits.Do you even read and understand your bible's contents? It encourages you not to be a vegetable in the name of religion.It encourages you to counter questionable acts in Christianity.How many so called Christ Embassy worshipers can go into the church and scatter all the offering boxes/donations/first fruits amongst other fraudulent financial earnings the way Jesus did in the temple?How many? Do you have the guts?

NO! Why? Because of the fear of the unknown that has been eating you up since childhood.

End of!
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by harakiri(m): 4:28pm On Jun 24, 2010
king-child:

@ Harakiri, cc: my fellow christian on NL

GOD bless you as you search for the truth, it might surprise you, but the truth is you have the same mindset of jesus that questions every abnormality and to that i want to tell you that you are a christian.

let me try to answer your questions, i would start by answering the partiallity of GOD about isreal first, please pardon my inability to sequentially and chronologically arrange them.

Abraham the father of isaac, the father of jacob.
Abram the son of Terah the uncle of lot and the husband of sera, Terah set out of your in padan haram with one of his son and his grandson whose father Nahor is late
at a particular time Terah died and GOd said to abraham to leave there and press forward to where he is going to show him and that He is going to bless him and make into a great nation.
that was how he appeared in canaan and continued there, the Bible have this account of Abraham that he was barren, him and his wife serah, yet he believed God concerning anything that God put before him as an instruction.  
(Genesis 11,12,13,14,15,from vs 1- end)

my  brother the story is so long and i know you have gotten the basis.

Now God choose to make a nation for himself  through Abraham that was a barren , and you know what amazed God about Abraham and the reason why he choose to show the much partiallity to his about 500 generations? it is because Abraham believed Him not considering His barrenness neither the deadness of sarah's womb and the situation at any time he has this mindset that any thing that God said is done.

God made a promise to him that his children are going to possess this whole land of canaan, and you know what? even when he didn't have a child at 70, he believed GOD,
Because of the cordiallity that existed between him and God, God has to tell him His plans and how he's going to accomplish it. So Abraham knew before time that his grandchildren would be enslaved in egypt, shall be tormented and God shall by  the hand of a prophet who is equally Abraham's seed bring them forth out of slavery and as such punish that land in which they were enslaved

i know you might not want to hear this, but God can not be explained, His ways according to him are not our ways, he said as the heaven is, from earth that's exactly how His thought are far beyond our thoughts and you can just imagine how he reasons.

oga Harakiri,
your knowledge of GOD's word might best mine, but as apostle paul said, iron sharpens iron, and if a brother is slipping off those that stand should  snatch him, Harakiri you already know that truth , please  please and please don't misuse the grace of our lord Jesus christ.

about the bible and the authentication of its claims, i too have hard time in bel;ieving some of the write-ups and matching them together but that is no to say God's word is incorrect,search your iner most inner, are you convince of this truth?God said during our time the word of God would be written in our HEART, by heart are you sure the bible isn't complete?
are you just trying to make issues out of nothing, careful my brother because every careless word shall be given account of. you know the truth but know this that you have succeeded in bringing doubt into some christian that are not as rooted in the word as you are,

instead of saying God, why not say fake pastors, Jesus himself knew they are going to some of them hence he admonished us to taste all spirit and confirm the truth.

onwards with contending for the truth, Jude said you should contend for the faith ( contend=fight)
not against God because of some false teachings but for God against the false teacher.

My advise,

please channel this strength into evangelizing the Lord Jesus, and watch the kingdom expand and wait for your crown on the last day. (Revelation 1- end, and Revelation 22- end)
[color=#000099][/color]

Point taken but where is the proof that this Jewish god is the real deal or that he even exists except inside the heads of mankind?
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by harakiri(m): 4:33pm On Jun 24, 2010
Tudór:

Mr man, dont decieve yourself. . . As long as you went to a place looking to have your life problems solved and get rich, as soon as those things are taken away or you dont get them you are gone to seek alternatives,

its basic truth. Humans are basically selfish and the only thing that takes them and keeps them in god are the so called ''rewards''. Either rewards that they'll be rich, problem free or live and enjoy forever.

Religion appeals to the ''selfish'' interest of man and anything that appeals to narcissism is unworthy of being called 'godly'.

if so much research hadnt been done and found out the negative and ''destructive'' conclusion that diseases were caused by germs instead of  ''evil spirits'' as your bible would have us believe, I wonder if you'd be alive today.

Thanks a billion for that response.Same thing I've been hammering on in the last 24 hours. . .

GREED and[b] FEAR[/b] are the major proponents of religion.Remove those two and everybody will be living as they deem fit. Greed is what will motivate a church member to bring his 3 months salary as offering because the pastors promised the congregation their financial status would multiply 300 fold if they gave unto the lord! Tell, how is this different from the "wash wash" scams that has earned Nigeria a bad name all over the world? Fear of the unknown is a cancer that can only be uprooted by the victims.Pity! cry cry undecided
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by harakiri(m): 4:35pm On Jun 24, 2010
Tudór:

I dont know whether to laugh or cry at this silly statement.

Who is afraid, the dude who worships an egocentric entity called yahweh coz he doesnt wanna go to hell or the smart guy who does not believe the ridiculous jewish myths?

ROFLMAO grin grin cheesy

Abeg,helep me tell dem! I no fit shout grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

HELP: Is Having A Boyfriend Or Girlfriend A Sin? / Seeing Snails In The Dream / Will Your Name Be In The Book Of Life?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 170
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.