Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,203 members, 7,953,748 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:03 AM

Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend (19303 Views)

Nigeria Will Gain Nothing By Killing Rev. King – Igbo Group Begs Buhari For Pard / My Friend Saw Her Late Mother In HELL FIRE :'( :'( / Update On Gombe Muslim Students That Murdered A Female Christian Teacher (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by ricadelide(m): 9:42pm On Apr 02, 2007
So sad about what happened.

We REALLY need to pray more as individuals and as a nation.

Perhaps, Baba will hear and heal our land.
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by drixie: 10:21pm On Apr 02, 2007
lost connection. so could not post in time.

@buluti, babyosisi, davidylan

since u guys have already made up your minds about islam, i dont think i need to offer answers or explanations as they will still be ridiculed. I actually wanted to pass across what islam truly is to u but it seems like those questions were asked just to get answers u would still pounce on and make mockery of Islam. Also, particularly at babyosisi - i am not a sunni, not a shi'a, not a wahabbi. I am a muslim. I am proud be a muslim and to be called muslim. and i wont hide my face when muslims are called to stand up for no reason whatsoever.

BECCIA:

The only system where ISLAM can work is a unitary system comprising only
of its adherents. It makes better sense for its followers to be its victims.
Its teachings are not consistent with Religious pluralism.

My brother, the teachings of Islam are consistent with religious pluralism and muslims are cohabiting peacefully with people of different religions over the world. An example is southern Nigeria, Other parts of west Africa, China, Russia and you name it. A person who cant tolerate another religion is not a muslim.

BECCIA:

There is a quote from the Bible concerning the generation of Ishmael:
Gen 16 : 12;

" And he (Ishmael) will be a wild man; his hand will be against
every man, and every man's hand against him; and he shall dwell
in the presence of all his brethren."

Islam is only fulfilling prophecy, so don't be surprised the kind of spirit
that rules over its adherents.

I'm afraid that until that LIGHT shines over all the world,
ISLAM WILL ALWAYS BE A PAIN TO OUR WORLD.

Islam is not a religion of only Arabs, it is a universal religion. the salvation of mankind. If an Arab has volatile temper, it is his nature, not because of the religion. I am not an offspring of Ishmael but i am a muslim. ishmael didnt form Islam. Islam is a way of life to be lived in the light of Almighty Allah.

BECCIA:

However, that spirit of violence CAN be tamed.IT MUST BE TAMED IN NIGERIA.

We should all pray that the spirit of violence should be tamed in Nigeria. I believe it is about the people, not about religion. We should all pray to secure our future.

This will be my last post in this thread. I clicked on it to read it because it touched my heart and the first thing that came to my mind when i saw it was, "Oh God, these people are at it again, when is this going to stop?". I will conclude by saying these killings are absolutely wrong and i sincerely sympathize with the families of those who lost their lives.

I might be mocked and criticised, but there is no point in posting the truth in a thread only to come back and see my religion dragged in the mud. which is really painful. very painful
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by MAYORIN1(m): 10:56pm On Apr 02, 2007
When are we going to be delivered from the barbaric acts of these nincompoop, people with stricken and dead conscience, set of individual without compunction for the lives of their fellow human. I used to have some Muslim playmate while growing
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by jiggo(m): 11:04pm On Apr 02, 2007
Just why would som1 raise his hands to kill his fellow man, haba shocked shocked shocked cry
SS1 students, wats dis world turning into sef?
If not for anytin, to avert such in d future, Govt. needs to stand up and stand firm, as touching this issue,
They arent above d law now,
Its not fair, and it never will,
Pls, stop dis barbaric act, its not fair, it is not,
Wat's d fate of the husband and the 2children, haba!!! cos. she "desecrated the koran"
Is there no room for 4giveness, cry cry cry
Its not fair, folks, lets face, its not fair!!! cry
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by BECCIA(m): 11:40pm On Apr 02, 2007
@Drixie
I sincerely wish all Muslims could be as painstaking, as "drixie".
I just wish you can become the Supreme leader of Islam in Nigeria.
Maybe Nigeria would be a better place.

But Drixie, on a personal note, what change do you think you can muster.
I mean what way forward do you propose to clearing this whole mess.

In all your postings, you have not given one way to get out of this crisis.
and curb its recurrence.
This is MY OWN OVERALL CONCERN, not any form of back and forth arguement.
That way, I'll now where your heart truly lies.
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by Nobody: 12:00am On Apr 03, 2007
BECCIA:

In all your postings, you have not given one way to get out of this crisis.
and curb its recurrence.

This is exactly my position, we have had enough of "moderate" muslims merely coming to "condemn" the atrocities of the "extremist minority". It is time for concrete action.
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by buluti(m): 12:47am On Apr 03, 2007
drixie:

since u guys have already made up your minds about islam, i don't think i need to offer answers or explanations as they will still be ridiculed. I actually wanted to pass across what islam truly is to u but it seems like those questions were asked just to get answers u would still pounce on and make mockery of Islam. Also, particularly at babyosisi - i am not a sunni, not a shi'a, not a wahabbi. I am a muslim. I am proud be a muslim and to be called muslim. and i wont hide my face when muslims are called to stand up for no reason whatsoever.

@ drixie you were obviously not confortable answering the question and i made a postulation that until proved otherwise it was clear that the fundamentals of the islamic religion does not suggest peace. You have decided to do that which you knew you were always going to do, keep quiet.

It is of no importance what people say, people would always talk and ridicule, it is up to you to decide to prove beyond reasonable doubt that the Koran doesnt encourage the acts so that when people ridicule they would look stupid, the silence of muslims in here towards the desecration question leaves much to be desired and suggest there is something to hide.

So please the piece you wrote is really not convincing.

davidylan:

This is exactly my position, we have had enough of "moderate" muslims merely coming to "condemn" the atrocities of the "extremist minority". It is time for concrete action.

@ davidlyan none of the muslims, even drixie has condemned the act, none of them has said in clear terms that it was wrong or that the students werent acting according to the instructions of the Koran, all they keep doing is sympathising read their statements properly. Let the muslims speak in clear language condemn the act, say it is not what the Koran says they should do, and show from the Koran that it doesnt say kill when the holy book is desecrated until then it is just a PRO charade.
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by Nobody: 1:03am On Apr 03, 2007
@ Buluti,
At least i'm not the only one who is disgusted by the circular reasoning being propagated by the likes of drixie.
He has not said anything we have not heard a thousand times before. Note all major cases of islamic terrorism, not one of the "moderate" muslims came out to condemn such acts, all we hear is "islam is peace", "this is the work of an extremist minority", "we are disgusted by such acts of terror" e.t.c.

A classic example:
drixie:

I will conclude by saying these killings are absolutely wrong and i sincerely sympathize with the families of those who lost their lives.

drixie:

My brother, the teachings of Islam are consistent with religious pluralism and muslims are cohabiting peacefully with people of different religions over the world. An example is southern Nigeria, Other parts of west Africa, China, Russia and you name it. A person who can't tolerate another religion is not a muslim.

The above is nothing but white washing a lie. Islam is NOT consistent with religious pluralism, all we need do to prove this is to take a few hours drive to sharia states and the REAL truth of islam's intolerance is exposed.
China - officially a non-religious state
Russia - The muslims of Chechnya are currently engaged in a guerilla war with the Russian state.
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by Nobody: 1:30am On Apr 03, 2007
drixie:

lost connection. so could not post in time.

since u guys have already made up your minds about islam, i don't think i need to offer answers or explanations as they will still be ridiculed. I actually wanted to pass across what islam truly is to u but it seems like those questions were asked just to get answers u would still pounce on and make mockery of Islam. Also, particularly at babyosisi - i am not a sunni, not a shi'a, not a wahabbi. I am a muslim. I am proud be a muslim and to be called muslim. and i wont hide my face when muslims are called to stand up for no reason whatsoever.

My brother, the teachings of Islam are consistent with religious pluralism and muslims are cohabiting peacefully with people of different religions over the world. An example is southern Nigeria, Other parts of west Africa, China, Russia and you name it. A person who can't tolerate another religion is not a muslim.

Islam is not a religion of only Arabs, it is a universal religion. the salvation of mankind. If an Arab has volatile temper, it is his nature, not because of the religion. I am not an offspring of Ishmael but i am a muslim. ishmael didnt form Islam. Islam is a way of life to be lived in the light of Almighty Allah.

We should all pray that the spirit of violence should be tamed in Nigeria. I believe it is about the people, not about religion. We should all pray to secure our future.

This will be my last post in this thread. I clicked on it to read it because it touched my heart and the first thing that came to my mind when i saw it was, "Oh God, these people are at it again, when is this going to stop?". I will conclude by saying these killings are absolutely wrong and i sincerely sympathize with the families of those who lost their lives.

I might be mocked and criticised, but there is no point in posting the truth in a thread only to come back and see my religion dragged in the mud. which is really painful. very painful

Here I was rejoicing that a Muslim arrived that can answer questions.
I asked what the Koran says to do to it's desecrators,he tells me he'll go find out and return,return he did but with the usual non answer.
I am shocked but not suprised.
drixie,that question is burning in the heart of non Muslims and you owe us that answer.

If indeed Islam is peace,what does allah say to do to those that desecrate the Koran.

1. Imprisonment
2.death by stoning or throat slashing?
3.teach them the right way and forgive them?
4.none of the above.

[b]If you dodge this question,your sympathies for the death of Oluwatosin means nothing.[/b]This is your chance to redeem your image but you chose to run.
I quoted the answers by Egyptian mufti and Muslim clerics on desecration and was waiting for you to prove them wrong with the Koran and hadith but since you choose to run,it tells me you are hiding something.
Islam cannot be peace when you can't defend it's peaceful nature.
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by 4Play(m): 11:17am On Apr 03, 2007
Interesting article from a former member of Jemaah Islamiyah-http://opinionjournal.com/editorial/feature.html?id=110009890

An excerpt from the article-

It is vital to grasp that traditional and even mainstream Islamic teaching accepts and promotes violence. Shariah, for example, allows apostates to be killed, permits beating women to discipline them, seeks to subjugate non-Muslims to Islam as dhimmis and justifies declaring war to do so. It exhorts good Muslims to exterminate the Jews before the "end of days." The near deafening silence of the Muslim majority against these barbaric practices is evidence enough that there is something fundamentally wrong.
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by seluvsmayo(f): 12:13pm On Apr 03, 2007
A friend of mine sent this page to me and i actually registered because of this story, i read the story online on www.nigeriaworld.com sometime last week but i actually did not know it was a girls only school, it makes my heart bleed, how can secondary school girls commit such an attrocity, this should not be swept under the carpet, a stop must be put to all this babaric incidents. this is so sad very sad
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by Nobody: 1:02pm On Apr 03, 2007
seluvsmayo:

A friend of mine sent this page to me and i actually registered because of this story, i read the story online on www.nigeriaworld.com sometime last week but i actually did not know it was a girls only school, it makes my heart bleed, how can secondary school girls commit such an attrocity, this should not be swept under the carpet, a stop must be put to all this babaric incidents. this is so sad very sad

She was killed by girls?? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by Nobody: 4:58pm On Apr 03, 2007
no it was a co ed school but you know how they segregate classrooms for boys and girls.
Well the said Koran was said to have been touched in a girls classroom and the stupid girl yelled out that her koran had been defiled by an infidel.
Other students including the males,came around but I'm sure the girls must have participated too.

They killed her,burnt her body and then threw sand on it.
The hooded girls may have just been allowed to pour the sand and hail allah with the murderous chants of allahu akbar,who knows.
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by Nobody: 5:56pm On Apr 03, 2007
more recent desecration stories.

Published: March 26, 2007 at 11:39 Yemenis riot over Koran desecration
SANAA, March 26 (UPI) -- Officials in Yemen were investigating claims Monday that a French worker desecrated a copy of the Koran and triggered a riot at a natural gas facility.

The riot by hundreds of Muslim workers broke out Sunday at the liquefied natural gas plant at the port of Balhaf when word spread a French engineer had kicked a copy of the holy book and tore it apart, Arab News reported Monday.

Security officials said a helicopter and nine cars were torched. Foreign workers were evacuated and no injuries were reported, although police fired shots into the air to disperse the mobs.

In Sanaa, the capital, officials said a provincial panel had been ordered to investigate the allegations of abuse of the Koran, the report said.
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by TayoD(m): 6:12pm On Apr 03, 2007
@topic,

When Moses broke the 2 tablets of stone wherin God wrote the 10 commandments (with His fingers), God told Moses to come back up to the Mount to receive another one.  I just wonder if the muslim 'Allah' is running out of printing ink for him to decide to be killing anyone who "desecrates" the Qu'ran.  The attitude of both 'deities' do show they can neer be the same as protagonist of Islam always like to claim.
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by sweetchick(f): 6:28pm On Apr 03, 2007
People, I have been following this thread> I am still not clear. Please muslims, answer the questions. Some of us really want to know. Is it just "infidels" who are killed for "desecratinh the koran?". And if you claim that it is wrong, please could you quote what part of the koran condemns or supports the killing of infidels? Is it that people do not have a right to choose their religions and we must all be muslims to avoid premature deaths. I personally have sworn never to leave in northern Nigeria and I applaud the courage of non muslims who do. Because the truth is, one is just not safe. You never know the day your neighbour may decide he does not like your face and brand you an infidel
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by 4Play(m): 6:35pm On Apr 03, 2007
They seem to be in some sort of intellectual breakdown
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by Nobody: 6:37pm On Apr 03, 2007
Sweetchick,
Dont waste your time asking for answers where there is none. Most muslims deep down know the truth, Islam is a religion spread by the sword, enforced on pain of death and sustained by deciet, intolerance and double standard.

Drixie and his ilk can come here and commiserate all they like, it still does not answer the question: why are muslims inherently violent that female children now kill their teachers?
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by alexis(m): 10:00pm On Apr 03, 2007
We have all condemned the innocent ladys death, we said how shocked and disgusted we were, what are we doing about it?

People!, violence in islam is spiritual and it is real - until you comprehend that, you will know never assimilated the true nature of islam. We can do so many things to prevent this, we can do what Abraham Lincoln did, he said "Be tough with tough people and soft with soft people". We christians are a peculiar and precious people, we are very rare and as much as we love peace, we should hate war and resist it. we are too valuable a species to be killed around like rams. A true religion is not a religion worth killing for but one worth dying for.

I suggest every the christian states in Nigeria declare their states as chrisitian states too, let the muslims get a taste of what they do to others; perhaps that is what they are waiting for. Western countries and mainly christian countries should implement a christian state, we should ban the koran and make lawas that it is punishible by death for a muslim to convert a christian.

Call be radical or a fanatic - but that was how hitler was defeated.
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by Nobody: 10:45pm On Apr 03, 2007
@ alexis
Your frustrations are understood. But 2 wrongs do not make a right, you do not chase a mad man for your clothes naked lest people take you for the mad man.
As long as christians begin to retaliate, it gives our dear muslim ostriches with their heads firmly buried in the sand an excuse to continue killing. We have seen fellow muslims here excuse the actions of terrorists aka extremist minority by reminding us of the crusades that took place long before our ancestors where born.
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by 9ja4eva: 7:33am On Apr 04, 2007
Muslims need to be taught a lesson for real.When will dis rubbish ever stop?
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by alexis(m): 7:42am On Apr 04, 2007
Davidylan,

Thanks for your input, I appreciate it but you haven't made any practical suggestion to check this appalling way of life of "extremism in islam".

I have always said that if I was in power of some sort, I will give unto others what they give me. It is how you react to a situation or problem that greatly determines how you tackle and solve that problem. Let me give you some examples, during the 34 Lebanon-Isearli war last year July, when Isreal was attacked, did it fold it hands? No!. As much as it seeked peace on several levels, it made it point clear because it knew the nature of the enemy it was dealing with. When you deal with negative forces, you stand firm, for the bible says "It is violence that taketh it by force", we should pray vigilently alright but we should not fold our hands and be slaughtered like rams. I am not saying we should attack anyone, I am saying that to check these kind of behaviours, you have to employ strict measures.

The issue of violence in islam is very touchy, we can talk about it for ages but you can't change a way of life about millions of people by just talking but by taking constructive and concrete decisions and actions. Jesus Christ is taught as peace and every christian live it and you see it in their lives, in islam, violence is taught as a way of life and that is the way they live.

To tell you the truth, I really don't care what everyone believes in, you can worship a stone for all I care but please, don't throw them at me, when you do; I wouldn't only dodge them but I will throw bigger ones back too.

Call me a fanatic - but that was how hitler was defeated!. Not by folding arms but my reacting and reacting HARDER!
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by Seun(m): 9:27am On Apr 04, 2007
Jesus recommends turning the other cheek. If you allow yourself to be killed, you will recieve a reward in heaven!
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by texazzpete(m): 9:38am On Apr 04, 2007
@davidylan
I laugh when these guys start pulling out the crusades to diss christians, i wonder what they say of the muslim horde that swept into Spain. vacationeers?

most people don't know that the Crusaders first came in on invitation of the Byzantine emperor of Constantinople, Alexius I, he made an impassioned appeal to Europe to help him repel muslim invasion forces, soon after he lost an important battle.

Europeans and the papacy didn't give armed liberation of Jerusalem any thought until the muslim Caliph Al-Hakim bi-Amr Allah, destroyed the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, even going as far as ordering the foundations to be hacked out. This turned attention towards events going on in Jerusalem, and set the stage for the Crusades.

So you see, even Christianity's darkest hour was precipitated by armed islamic aggression. Even before the first Crusade, Islamic invasion forces had already overrun much of Spain.
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by tunmininu(f): 9:56am On Apr 04, 2007
I read the story too on sunday.it was pathetic.Those students were heartless.What a cruel world and the most painful part of it is that those students will go unpunished but no matter how long it may take,they will never escape the wrath of God.
It is also sad to know that the society we live in is the non-challatant one who dosen't care much about us.
It is very sad,so sad to think that some little miscreants could go that far as killing someone who is old enough to be their mother.Even if we should demand for justice,the deed had already been done my school of thought still remains that ' WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND"
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by abstarr(m): 3:04pm On Apr 04, 2007
@the one
So sorry about your friend. Please accept my condolences. May her soul rest in peace.

Fellow Nairalanders, its amazing that there is so much religous hatred in here. I thought we were the "new generation"? You should realise that all these acts of violence are perpetrated by illiterate people, irrespective of religion!! Even with the frequency of these acts, you'll com to realise that its jus a very very small portion of the total muslim population. Why crucify the faith?

Yes I am a muslim. Yes i strongly condemn these acts of violence. There should be religious tolerance, tribal tolerance, and so many other things in place before Nigeria can move forward. All the people claiming to be carrying out these acts of violence in the name of God are lying. They are soley responsible for their actions and should be held accountable.

It's sad that our leaders arent doing much to help matters, but then, they are not doin much to help anything at all anyway.

It's just very sad. But the comments i've read so far are most hurtful. I'm not surprised with those livin in the states cos they are used to racial profiling and cant see anything wrong wit it because theyre not affected.

In conclusion: Learn to condemn the actual people doing these things and dont blame the religion. I'm sure every nairalander has at least one muslim friend. Hav u ever seen him/her stab anyone or commit any act of violence in the name of religion? Pls people be objective in ur accusations. Dont generalise bad conducts

Not all men are dogs
Not all Nigerians are 419ers
Not all Europeans are racists
and certainly
Not every muslim is violent (which nullifies the notion that Islam is a violent religion).

Its more a case of illiteracy
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by JosBoy4Lif(m): 3:05pm On Apr 04, 2007
So all Muslims are illiterate? Na wa oh
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by Nobody: 3:21pm On Apr 04, 2007
abstarr:

Fellow Nairalanders, its amazing that there is so much religous hatred in here. I thought we were the "new generation"? You should realise that all these acts of violence are perpetrated by illiterate people, irrespective of religion!! Even with the frequency of these acts, you'll com to realise that its jus a very very small portion of the total muslim population. Why crucify the faith?

Wow! So are we to accept the fact that all muslim violence in Nigeria, Somalia, Sudan, Ethiopia, UK, USA, Spain, Indonesia, Iraq, Iran, Lebanon, Syria, Lybya, Russia, France, Bali, India, Afghanistan, Yemen, Pakistan are all perpetrated by a "small portion of the muslim population" who all coincidentally happen to be "illiterates"? Are we to assume that the absence of christian extremists is because all christians are literate?

abstarr:

Yes I am a muslim. Yes i strongly condemn these acts of violence. There should be religious tolerance, tribal tolerance, and so many other things in place before Nigeria can move forward. All the people claiming to be carrying out these acts of violence in the name of God are lying. They are soley responsible for their actions and should be held accountable.

We are tired of "moderate" muslims merely coming out to "condemn" these islamic inspired acts of violence. Please ask the sultan to get those children arrested and prosecuted rather than maintaining criminal silence only to start making retrogressive statements on the ajami inscriptions.
Are all the muslims in the above mentioned nations lying when they kill in the name of god? Including those who end friday prayers by chanting "Death to Isreal, Death to America"?
What of the verses iin the quran that label us as apes, pigs and infidels? Are those shaytain inspired lies too?

abstarr:

It's just very sad. But the comments i've read so far are most hurtful. I'm not surprised with those livin in the states because they are used to racial profiling and can't see anything wrong wit it because theyre not affected.

Maybe now you understand how hurt we feel when we see a group of demons threatening to cut of our necks at the slightest provocation.

abstarr:

In conclusion: Learn to condemn the actual people doing these things and don't blame the religion. I'm sure every Nairaland user has at least one muslim friend. Hav u ever seen him/her stab anyone or commit any act of violence in the name of religion? Please people be objective in your accusations. Dont generalise bad conducts

Not all men are dogs
Not all Nigerians are 419ers
Not all Europeans are racists
and certainly
Not every muslim is violent (which nullifies the notion that Islam is a violent religion).
Its more a case of illiteracy

Merely condemning those who commit these atrocities has done us no good. We finally saw the problem, it is not merely a case of intolerance but acts of violence encouraged and demanded by a blood thirsty god.

That not every muslim is violent does not nullify the fact that islam is a religion that thrives on violence and deciet! That not all armed robbers are violent does not mean armed robbery is a decent vocation!
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by Mystique(f): 3:27pm On Apr 04, 2007
Now, datz just sad. . . . sad
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by abstarr(m): 3:46pm On Apr 04, 2007
davidylan:

That not every muslim is violent does not nullify the fact that islam is a religion that thrives on violence and deciet! That not all armed robbers are violent does not mean armed robbery is a decent vocation!

For the record, Islam's main objective is not to kill and maime people. All we wanna do is worship God. And oh, yes, all armed robbers are violent! That is not a valid comparison cos robbers leave the house wit the sole purpose of causin harm.

davidylan:

We are tired of "moderate" muslims merely coming out to "condemn" these islamic inspired acts of violence. Please ask the sultan to get those children arrested and prosecuted rather than maintaining criminal silence only to start making retrogressive statements on the ajami inscriptions.

For the record, I'm not a "moderate Muslim". I actually consider the term derogatory. What ur insinuating is that the muslims that dont commit acts of violence are "moderate" and those who do are the "real muslims". Its the same thing like a british man condemning his govt for goin to war in Iraq. Does that mean he has the sole responsibility of carrying his grieviances to No.10 Downing street to Mr Blair? Mind you, even with the near total condemnation of the war by the british people, they still were not able to stop the actions of their govt. Now does that mean british people as a whole support the war? Or wait, oops sorry i 4got, those wud be termed "moderate british people". the "real" ones are the ones that made the war possible!!

I'm not going to reply on this thread anymore because ur language is so strong, its clear that ur mind is made and i cant hav any sort of intelligent conversation with you. Have a gud day @david,
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by Nobody: 5:12pm On Apr 04, 2007
abstarr,can you then answer my question before you go about desecration.
I need an answer and a valid hadith to support it
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by Nobody: 5:48pm On Apr 04, 2007
abstarr:

I'm not going to reply on this thread anymore because your language is so strong, its clear that your mind is made and i can't hav any sort of intelligent conversation with you. Have a good day @david,

grin grin grin What a fantastic way to chicken out of your one opportunity to prove us wrong that islam is not all about violence. Dont worry, you wont be the 10th muslim to use such an excuse to run away. some promised to go find answers for us and promptly disappeared.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Ogun Police Warn Religious Leaders Against Opening Of Worship Centres / Eat To Live OR Live To Eat, Which Do You Belong To ? / How To Be An Atheist On Nairaland.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.