Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,561 members, 7,820,028 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:39 AM

How 25 Senators Can Impeach Saraki By Sunusi Musa - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How 25 Senators Can Impeach Saraki By Sunusi Musa (28346 Views)

Saraki Is No Oba : 55 Senators Can Force The Doors Open, By Ugoji Egbujo / "If You Can, Impeach Saraki Legally" - Ben Murray-Bruce Fires Back At APC / Majority Of One-third Out Of Overall Senate Members Can Impeach Saraki – Sagay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How 25 Senators Can Impeach Saraki By Sunusi Musa by PaChukwudi44(m): 6:55am On Aug 16, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Because the APC senators are not desperate and selfish thugs like the PDP senators that's why they will not stoop to their level.

What would happen would still take place despite their thuggish shenanigans

Lol that is exactly what will happen to anyone who attempts an illegal impeachment. Serious beatings he will receive.De mumu una sef say na court PDP will go.They will physically stop any illegal impeachment attempt right there on the floor.Make we see who sabi fight pass

2 Likes

Re: How 25 Senators Can Impeach Saraki By Sunusi Musa by Butterflyleo: 6:56am On Aug 16, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

2 weeks abi? I will remember this and remind you at exactly two weeks from now.BTW try and buy high BP drugs for oshiomhole before he dies before the two weeks is over

Those high bp drugs belong to the gate men pdp senators at NASS. cheesy

Oshiomhole is sleeping on his bed in his house while they are doing shifts ad NASS gate men.

Old men with no shame and no dignity only selfish agenda on their mind.

You can join them too at NASS gate to ease their burden grin

His impeachment is a done deal

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How 25 Senators Can Impeach Saraki By Sunusi Musa by Emancipator001: 6:56am On Aug 16, 2018
@Hungerbad, I am disappointed that you are so upset with Saraki that you want to turn the Constitution upside down. I wonder which university the Musa of a lawyer graduated from. The Constitution stated clearly that one third that forms a quorum may raise any issues of abuse of office against the president or his vice, after which a panel is raised. But whatever the outcome of the panel is it must be subjected to 2/3 majority of the whole members of that house before the occupant of such office can be removed. As I said time and again, I have never and will never like Saraki because of his repressive and machevelian political ideology, but for posterity sake please do not turn the Constitution upside down.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How 25 Senators Can Impeach Saraki By Sunusi Musa by Butterflyleo: 6:57am On Aug 16, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

Lol that is exactly what will happen to anyone who attempts an illegal impeachment. Serious beatings he will receive.De mumu una sef say na court PDP will go.They will physically stop any illegal impeachment attempt right there on the floor.Make we see who sabi fight pass

You just made my point for me. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How 25 Senators Can Impeach Saraki By Sunusi Musa by DonCorleons: 6:59am On Aug 16, 2018
midolian:
Using 25 to impeach him is paying him back in his own coins. We are bigger than that. We don't fight pigs in the mud. We drag them out of the mud and slaughter them.

APC can get the 2/3 to impeach him and this, Saraki knows..Hence the postponement of Doomsday

Some like chukwudi will just be making noise online day and night beating his chest for evil people. He doesn't know that even Saraki is finding this time of his life difficult

The man doesn't even trust the PDP members he has been giving juicy offers to get their support from day one. He knows it's not impossible for the APC to get the 2/3 to impeach him..all it takes is giving the corrupt senators much more juicy offers and it is done.

To the discerning minds, a picture speaks louder than words.
@ the bolded.. U mean Apc issa bribery and corruption party

So Apc is not really phighting kwaruption??
Hypocrites,, keep exposing una selfs d more

2 Likes

Re: How 25 Senators Can Impeach Saraki By Sunusi Musa by Butterflyleo: 6:59am On Aug 16, 2018
Emancipator001:
@Hungerbad, I am disappointed that you are so upset with Saraki that you want to turn the Constitution upside down. I wonder which university the Musa of a lawyer graduated from. The Constitution stated clearly that one third that forms a quorum may raise any issues of abuse of office against the president or his vice, after which a panel is raised. But whatever the outcome of the panel is it must be subjected to 2/3 majority of the whole members of that house before the occupant of such office can be removed. As I said time and again, I have never and will never like Saraki because of his repressive and machevelian political ideology, but for posterity sake please do not turn the Constitution upside down.

Stop saying rubbish!

Where in the constitution which talks about the impeachment of the Senate president does it use words like ALL OR ENTIRE OR WHOLE?

When they say some of you need mental checks you will say you have been insulted.

It simply says

VOTES OF 2/3 MAJORITY OF THE MEMBERS OF THAT HOUSE.

Nowhere were words like ALL, ENTIRE, ENTIRETY or WHOLE used

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How 25 Senators Can Impeach Saraki By Sunusi Musa by Jax1: 7:03am On Aug 16, 2018
Cluster of zombies trying effortlessly to entertain an illegality in a bid to removing saraki.. Obviously, they are jokers and pained to the marrow.
Re: How 25 Senators Can Impeach Saraki By Sunusi Musa by Corrinthians(m): 7:03am On Aug 16, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

We want less noise and more of actions. You have been talking too much haba!! Make una impeach am make we see
First, you tried to buttress your point by asking if I've heard APC senators making noise, imagining if they indeed had a workable strategy, they would have been "making noise". Given my response, you saw how counterproductive noise making could be, how unintelligent your remark was, and now your back to saying they're making too much noise!

How do you reconcile both statements brother?

This friend of mine is surely running scared and becoming eratic. cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How 25 Senators Can Impeach Saraki By Sunusi Musa by Corrinthians(m): 7:06am On Aug 16, 2018
Emancipator001:
Hmmmm. I didn't even know it was HungerBad Himself that wrote the article. grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How 25 Senators Can Impeach Saraki By Sunusi Musa by Yorubaskullmine: 7:08am On Aug 16, 2018
With the exception of Pachukwudi44, all these illiterate apc zombies claiming they know the law should bear in mind that any attempt to remove saraki and ekweremadu without following the laid down rules is an exercise in futility. The funny part of this unfolding senario is that some current apc senators are still working for saraki.
Re: How 25 Senators Can Impeach Saraki By Sunusi Musa by luvinhubby(m): 7:13am On Aug 16, 2018
That was the same way they were screaming all over the social media that Saraki is a goner after he was arraigned by code of conduct, brandishing different types of hash tag everywhere.
Re: How 25 Senators Can Impeach Saraki By Sunusi Musa by PaChukwudi44(m): 7:16am On Aug 16, 2018
luvinhubby:
That was the same way they were screaming all over the social media that Saraki is a goner after he arraigned by code of conduct, brandishing different types of hash tag everywhere.
Don't mind them.Most of them boasted way back in 2015 that Saraki/Ekweremadu will be impeached long before December. Empty barrels and noise makers

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How 25 Senators Can Impeach Saraki By Sunusi Musa by PaChukwudi44(m): 7:19am On Aug 16, 2018
Corrinthians:
First, you tried to buttress your point by asking if I've heard APC senators making noise, imagining if they indeed had a workable strategy, they would have been "making noise". Given my response, you saw how counterproductive noise making could be, how unintelligent your remark was, and now your back to saying they're making too much noise!

How do you reconcile both statements brother?

This friend of mine is surely running scared and becoming eratic. cheesy
Your APC senators knows the true rule of the game and the futility of any Saraki impeachment attempt unlike your illiterate national chairman who goes about making noise over what he knows absolutely nothing about

5 Likes

Re: How 25 Senators Can Impeach Saraki By Sunusi Musa by Nobody: 7:27am On Aug 16, 2018
The people who wrote the constitution did not run out of fractions. If they wanted fewer people to impeach the President of the Senate or Speaker they would have used 1/4 or 1/5 and so on.

They chose 2/3 of members of that house for a reason
Re: How 25 Senators Can Impeach Saraki By Sunusi Musa by Corrinthians(m): 7:29am On Aug 16, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

Your APC senators knows the true rule of the game and the futility of any Saraki impeachment attempt unlike your illiterate national chairman who goes about making noise over what he knows absolutely nothing about
Look in the mirror, read the highlighted portions, and tell yourself the gospel truth brother: who is likely the illiterate here? grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: How 25 Senators Can Impeach Saraki By Sunusi Musa by Babacele: 7:30am On Aug 16, 2018
Saratif can't hide under any law anymore to protect his illegality. He has declared a war ever since he became SP anyhow ,and anyhow must he be removed . He and his fellow criminals can thereafter cry to law courts ....and who cares? In the next five days una eyes go clear.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How 25 Senators Can Impeach Saraki By Sunusi Musa by PaChukwudi44(m): 7:45am On Aug 16, 2018
Babacele:
Saratif can't hide under any law anymore to protect his illegality. He has declared a war ever since he became SP anyhow ,and anyhow must he be removed . He and his fellow criminals can thereafter cry to law courts ....and who cares? In the next five days una eyes go clear.
Empty chest beater no one will go to court Your illegal impeachment attempt will be physically stopped right there in the floor of the Senate

1 Like

Re: How 25 Senators Can Impeach Saraki By Sunusi Musa by BestNairalander: 7:50am On Aug 16, 2018
lol..if he's leaving, let him leave grin grin

Graphic Artist Needed at World Health Organization Apply Now, Today is the deadline
Re: How 25 Senators Can Impeach Saraki By Sunusi Musa by vertueptime: 7:51am On Aug 16, 2018
babyfaceafrica:
lolz....the national assembly is more of a problem to Nigerians than the presidency...even if you elect an honest man has your president with the national assembly members we have..he will fail

Say no to rubber stamp Nass, there must be checks and balances
Re: How 25 Senators Can Impeach Saraki By Sunusi Musa by Butterflyleo: 7:55am On Aug 16, 2018
krendo:
The people who wrote the constitution did not run out of fractions. If they wanted fewer people to impeach the President of the Senate or Speaker they would have used 1/4 or 1/5 and so on.

They chose 2/3 of members of that house for a reason

Wrong.

It says 2/3 MAJORITY of the members of that house

That translates to something else totally different from your 2/3 OF MEMBERS of that house

1 Like

Re: How 25 Senators Can Impeach Saraki By Sunusi Musa by Eponyeeboz: 7:56am On Aug 16, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

Empty chest beater no one will go to court Your illegal impeachment attempt will be physically stopped right there in the floor of the Senate

When they came to carry the mace, why didn't they stop them physically?

That being said, Saraki should be removed constitutionally and not by a faction of APC senators.

1 Like

Re: How 25 Senators Can Impeach Saraki By Sunusi Musa by lonelydora: 8:00am On Aug 16, 2018
babyfaceafrica:
lolz....the national assembly is more of a problem to Nigerians than the presidency...even if you elect an honest man has your president with the national assembly members we have..he will fail

I have been saying it over and over again. Scrap Senate and you will see how fast Nigeria will develop.

1 Like

Re: How 25 Senators Can Impeach Saraki By Sunusi Musa by mavinc4u(f): 8:02am On Aug 16, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Because it has been desecrated and the majority cannot be run by the minority where both senate president and his deputy are in the minority

did APC not do the same in 2015? have they resolved important issue affecting the country? why are they so much interested in senate president, it is not as if the seat will make PMB to perform. The worst is the half baked graduates we have in this country are supporting anything coming out from this old cargoes that are only there for their selfish interest.

1 Like

Re: How 25 Senators Can Impeach Saraki By Sunusi Musa by spafu(m): 8:03am On Aug 16, 2018
Comprehension is a big problem for the Buhrists.
...by the votes of not less than two-thirds majority
of the members of that House.
So who will be left out as a none member? Do members of your family, exclude those who had gone to the farm or those schooling in others states?

2 Likes

Re: How 25 Senators Can Impeach Saraki By Sunusi Musa by capitalzero: 8:03am On Aug 16, 2018
HungerBAD:
By Sunusi Musa

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/how-25-senators-can-impeach-saraki-266061.html

Musa Esq. is Abuja-based legal practitioner
this means 25 senators and 120 reps can impeach president as well.

2 Likes

Re: How 25 Senators Can Impeach Saraki By Sunusi Musa by Dbboy(m): 8:03am On Aug 16, 2018
All these noise only if you know. APC knows they cant impeach saraki but to scare future defectors which we know cant work.
Re: How 25 Senators Can Impeach Saraki By Sunusi Musa by dane15: 8:03am On Aug 16, 2018
@HungerBAD, you people are busy concentrating on numbers. The number is just one of the parameters.

Consider the bolded:

143. (1) The President or Vice-President may be removed from office in accordance with the provisions of this section.
(2) Whenever a notice of any allegation in writing signed by not less than one-third of the members of the National Assembly-
(3) A motion of the National Assembly that the allegation be investigated shall not be declared as having been passed, unless it is supported by the votes of not less than two-thirds majority of all the members of each House of the National Assembly.
(4) Where the report of the Panel is that the allegation against the holder of the office has been proved, then within fourteen days of the receipt of the report at the House the National Assembly shall consider the report, and if by a resolution of each House of the National Assembly supported by not less than two-thirds majority of all its members, the report of the Panel is adopted, then the holder of the office shall stand removed from office as from the date of the adoption of the report.

You guys should be careful of this table you are shaking because it can also affect Buhari and the future Presidents of the nation. Anyone that bends to look at another man's anus unknowingly exposes his own to others. Don't support illegality no matter how corrupt Saraki is. The rule of law must be respected. The rule of law is what differentiates us from animals. Two wrongs will never make a right.
Re: How 25 Senators Can Impeach Saraki By Sunusi Musa by dane15: 8:04am On Aug 16, 2018
Re: How 25 Senators Can Impeach Saraki By Sunusi Musa by authority2006(m): 8:06am On Aug 16, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

Lol which obsanjo strategy? Do you think any Senate president during obasanjo's era was impeached by 24 senators? Better go and study Enwerem was impeached by 90 votes ,Okadigbo by 81 votes.He couldn't get enough signatures hence could not remove. Naaba.

Like I said no illegal impeachment attempt will be taken to court. It will be stopped physically on the floor of the Senate or HOR.If anyone will go to court, it will be the APC

Hahahaha! How many senators made him a senate President again?

1 Like

Re: How 25 Senators Can Impeach Saraki By Sunusi Musa by Nobody: 8:07am On Aug 16, 2018
HungerBAD:
By Sunusi Musa

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/how-25-senators-can-impeach-saraki-266061.html

Musa Esq. is Abuja-based legal practitioner
daura beckons.
Re: How 25 Senators Can Impeach Saraki By Sunusi Musa by adioolayi(m): 8:09am On Aug 16, 2018
The OP assertions were logical. I am not a lawyer, but no one as tried countering his/her assertions logically!
"2/3 majority of ALL members " was used in one..... "2/3 majority of members" was used in another.... so, what do we believe Nigeria constitution sef na wa

1 Like

Re: How 25 Senators Can Impeach Saraki By Sunusi Musa by Moprince: 8:09am On Aug 16, 2018
capatainrambo:
undecidedrants of. a zombie.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Insecurity: CAN Rally Has A Political Undertone - MUSWEN, MURIC / Fuel Scarcity Looms As FG, Oil Marketers Disagree On Pricing / Kalu, Abaribe, Uzodinma, Others Storm Imo For 1999 Constitution Review (VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.