Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,634 members, 7,958,895 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 06:52 AM

How 25 Senators Can Impeach Saraki By Sunusi Musa - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How 25 Senators Can Impeach Saraki By Sunusi Musa (28676 Views)

Saraki Is No Oba : 55 Senators Can Force The Doors Open, By Ugoji Egbujo / "If You Can, Impeach Saraki Legally" - Ben Murray-Bruce Fires Back At APC / Majority Of One-third Out Of Overall Senate Members Can Impeach Saraki – Sagay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How 25 Senators Can Impeach Saraki By Sunusi Musa by PaChukwudi44(m): 3:12pm On Aug 16, 2018
Every other day Saraki stays on that seat is a slight to zombies and their chairman oshiomhole. You cant just be talking like women. At least Daura made a move before he was sacked. Now time for analysis is over.You said you need just 25 senators, now get it done as you have twice the number
Re: How 25 Senators Can Impeach Saraki By Sunusi Musa by deomelo: 3:29pm On Aug 16, 2018
[s]
PaChukwudi44:

Noise maker you have been saying this for weeks now.Get it done immediately or STFU
[/s]

ipob rants bore me...
Re: How 25 Senators Can Impeach Saraki By Sunusi Musa by Tecno66: 4:01pm On Aug 16, 2018
The analysis is so awkward. The reason why they said the appointment should be by simple majority and removal by two third is to make removal more difficult. If they say two third of one third quorum can remove the SP, then if APC removes him today, PDP can also get 24 to remove whoever APC puts there tomorrow. But to get 73, which I believe those who wrote the constitution have in mind, the SP most have committed an infraction that everyone across party line will know he has to go. APC is not a tolerant party. Otherwise, if PDP could tolerate Tambuwal in the build up to 2015, why can't APC manage issues in national interest and see things through to 2019 and stop hitting up the polity the way Oshiomole is doing. I continue to say it, I pray they don't take things to a level where the military will come in. If we have two Senate presidents today, I guarantee all that the next day, we will hear martial music on radio and a military voice saying fellow Nigerians.
PaChukwudi44:
grin very funny set of people. And you think Saraki will just leave that seat just because APC decides to misinterpret the constitution?
So 37 APC senators seat together and impeach Saraki and Ekweremadu, appointing new SP and DSP and 30 minutes later 37 PDP senators sit together and impeach the new principal officers restoring Saraki and Ekweremadu's positions!!!

You think the NASS is your playground? BTW how on earth do the APC hope to get this plenary where only their members will be present?

1 Like

Re: How 25 Senators Can Impeach Saraki By Sunusi Musa by Iamzik: 4:09pm On Aug 16, 2018
Op if that is the case then 37 PDP senators will simply impeach the new senate president and install Saraki again.

We will be having a new senate president at each plenary.

Ya'll think that those who wrote "2/3rd of that house " are stupid? It is to ensure a measure of stability.

Let's dance....im loving this drama
Re: How 25 Senators Can Impeach Saraki By Sunusi Musa by Iamzik: 4:19pm On Aug 16, 2018
Butterflyleo:

It isn't clear. For it to me clear it needs the insertion of such words as ALL or EVERY or WHOLE or ENTIRE or ENTIRETY.

But that isn't the case. That portion is Ambiguous!

Votes of 2/3 majority of that house does not translate to All, or entirety or whole or every.

Then by by this same awkward reasoning of yours it means that another 37 PDP senators can remove whoever APC installs the next day.

So we keep installing and removing senate presidents.
You think those who wrote the constitution are that stupid?

Making it easier to install than to remove a senate president is intentional to provide for stability and ensure that no minority from any party can just wake up and impeach principal officers.

Keep dreaming...
Re: How 25 Senators Can Impeach Saraki By Sunusi Musa by spafu(m): 4:46pm On Aug 16, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Is your family the senate? Is THAT HOUSE synonymous with THAT FAMILY?
You just proved me right, problem of compression.
Re: How 25 Senators Can Impeach Saraki By Sunusi Musa by MIKOLOWISKA: 8:19pm On Aug 16, 2018
babyfaceafrica:
lolz....the national assembly is more of a problem to Nigerians than the presidency...even if you elect an honest man has your president with the national assembly members we have..he will fail
Not if honest man arrests all of them for corruption
Re: How 25 Senators Can Impeach Saraki By Sunusi Musa by authority2006(m): 10:05pm On Aug 16, 2018
mavinc4u:

how is it holding your president from performing

Allowing the budget to be passed after 8 months on his desk, and after he had replaced most capital budgets with his white elephant constituency projects. Refusal to confirm the appointments made by the Mr president into the key posts among many other things.

or has he transferred his blame games to you? i asked you a question when APC did the same thing in 2015, what happened? young man open your eyes and have some local sense and not just blindly following this people that are bent on destroying Nigeria for their selfish interest. Before you call me a hypocrite, just know that i am not a zombie like you that follows APC or PDP, i say things the way i see. The day people like you will start reasoning well is the day Nigeria would get better.
Firstly, calling someone a young man on a faceless forum means that you're arrogant.
Secondly, telling me that I should have sense, following blindly, and not reasoning well showed that you're a kid mentally. So, you should learn how to be in charge of your emotion whenever you are discussing here with people who are old enough to give birth to you. Insulting people to make a point exposes you as a man with a weak intellectual ability.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How 25 Senators Can Impeach Saraki By Sunusi Musa by HungerBAD: 2:12am On Aug 17, 2018
authority2006:

Allowing the budget to be passed after 8 months on his desk, and after he had replaced most capital budgets with his white elephant constituency projects. Refusal to confirm the appointments made by the Mr president into the key posts among many other things.

Firstly, calling someone a young man on a faceless forum means that you're arrogant.
Secondly, telling me that I should have sense, following blindly, and not reasoning well showed that you're a kid mentally. So, you should learn how to be in charge of your emotion whenever you are discussing here with people who are old enough to give birth to you. Insulting people to make a point exposes you as a man with a weak intellectual ability.

I like your level of maturity.

6 Likes

Re: How 25 Senators Can Impeach Saraki By Sunusi Musa by princenath: 2:54am On Aug 17, 2018
Cheap publicity,the sch u graduated from must be ashamed of u likewise the law sch..ppl like u can't be SAN.. Charge and bail lawyer
Re: How 25 Senators Can Impeach Saraki By Sunusi Musa by seguno2: 4:00am On Aug 17, 2018
authority2006:

Elephant projects like the N85 million to barb Buhari’s bald head or the billions to Aso Rock clinic, more than all Teaching hospitals combined, yet no paracetamol?
By the way, how many months after winning the election did Buhari send the list of his ministerial nominees
Re: How 25 Senators Can Impeach Saraki By Sunusi Musa by mavinc4u(f): 9:07am On Aug 17, 2018
authority2006:

This is why most of you are educated illiterate. I asked you a simple question and the next thing that followed it was an insult and on top of it, you called me a hypocrite and when I replied you, you start crying foul. Go back to my comments and tell yourself the truth about who is a kid and who was insulting. I am old enough to be your grand mother so you are a kid. Go and get your local sense in order because you lack it heavily that is why you can not reason normally. Approving list is an evidence of non-performance grin , it is finished for this country. As if the list that took PMB almost a year to bring are performing. if you are a graduate in any way, please go and collect your tuition fee back because you learnt nothing and if you are still in school, quickly change your school for the sake of this country to avoid turning into something worst.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tinubu Strikes Deal With G-5 Governors - Daily Trust / Dino Melaye: "I Was Tied Up, Thrown Into Solitary Confinement" / Lagos Policemen In Fear Over CP Alleged Fight Back, Hand-pick Posting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.