Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,761 members, 7,817,104 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:43 AM

How 25 Senators Can Impeach Saraki By Sunusi Musa - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How 25 Senators Can Impeach Saraki By Sunusi Musa (28335 Views)

Saraki Is No Oba : 55 Senators Can Force The Doors Open, By Ugoji Egbujo / "If You Can, Impeach Saraki Legally" - Ben Murray-Bruce Fires Back At APC / Majority Of One-third Out Of Overall Senate Members Can Impeach Saraki – Sagay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How 25 Senators Can Impeach Saraki By Sunusi Musa by PaChukwudi44(m): 8:52am On Aug 16, 2018
KenModi:

See the way tou are defending Saraki; hope he pays you handsomely for you efforts??

I have said it before and wld continue to say it, the problem of Nigeria isnt the politicians, it is the Nigerian youths who have no brains to know that the politicians they keep defending day and night, on and offline do not care about them.

My people suffer for lack fo knowledge

Shame on you too for supporting tyranny and illegality. What has buhari or his useless APC done for you to defend them.You think if he would care if you are killed by his miyetti Allah terrorist kinsmen

1 Like

Re: How 25 Senators Can Impeach Saraki By Sunusi Musa by Butterflyleo: 8:53am On Aug 16, 2018
classicfrank4u:
nd dats y dy need 2/3 4 dat to happen bro

2/3 of the whole senators or 2/3 MAJORITY of the members?

Think before you answer here.
Re: How 25 Senators Can Impeach Saraki By Sunusi Musa by Butterflyleo: 8:54am On Aug 16, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

Shame on you too for supporting tyranny and illegality. What has buhari or his useless APC done for you to defend them.You think if he would care if you are killed by his miyetti Allah terrorist kinsmen

PMB Sak!

Go and focus on your lefelendum for biafla.

1 Like

Re: How 25 Senators Can Impeach Saraki By Sunusi Musa by KenModi(m): 8:56am On Aug 16, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

Where in my comment did u see me defend Buhari or APC??

I am not like you supporting PDP, whose eyes have been so blinded that you cannot see that there is no difference btw PDP and APC.

Both parties are one and the same; just politicians jump from one to the other for selfish gains.

Just like Buhari, Saraki thinks nothing of you.
Re: How 25 Senators Can Impeach Saraki By Sunusi Musa by wisino1(m): 8:56am On Aug 16, 2018
PaChukwudi44:
grin very funny set of people. And you think Saraki will just leave that seat just because APC decides to misinterpret the constitution?
So 37 APC senators seat together and impeach Saraki and Ekweremadu, appointing new SP and DSP and 30 minutes later 37 PDP senators sit together and impeach the new principal officers restoring Saraki and Ekweremadu's positions!!!

You think the NASS is your playground? BTW how on earth do the APC hope to get this plenary where only their members will be present?
my brother too such sense will not kill you.....(aka)na them dey rush us
Re: How 25 Senators Can Impeach Saraki By Sunusi Musa by PaChukwudi44(m): 8:58am On Aug 16, 2018
authority2006:

See a hypocritical question! Why would a senator from the minor party insist on remaining the senate President? Why couldn't he be honourable enough to follow Akpabio's footsteps? Why would he want to hold on to the seat he doesn't deserve?

And yes, the seat and whoever is sitting on it goes a long way to determine the achievements of Mr president. Saraki had done enough damage even as a member of APC and as senate President not to talk of him becoming an opposition member. We don't want a senate President who will be holding our president to ransom, enough is enough. Presidency should ensure that peace is over in that chamber as long as he insists on remaining the senate President. No more blackmailing, no more holding for ransom.
A minority will remain Senate president until June 2019 and there is absolutely nothing you or the APC can do about it.So far the minority has shut the NASS and it will remain shut until he says otherwise. Suck on it
Re: How 25 Senators Can Impeach Saraki By Sunusi Musa by PaChukwudi44(m): 8:59am On Aug 16, 2018
KenModi:

Where in my comment did u see me defend Buhari or APC??

I am not like you supporting PDP, whose eyes have been so blinded that you cannot see that there is no difference btw PDP and APC.

Both parties are one and the same; just politicians jump from one to the other for selfish gains.

Just like Buhari, Saraki thinks nothing of you.
Did you criticize Buhari or the APC? Are there not a party to the crisis? Biased APC analyst
Re: How 25 Senators Can Impeach Saraki By Sunusi Musa by capatainrambo: 8:59am On Aug 16, 2018
Corrinthians:
Go look for where your mates are and play quietly with your toys. What's going on here is beyond your limits kiddo.
go sit with other zombies and continue grunting
Re: How 25 Senators Can Impeach Saraki By Sunusi Musa by PaChukwudi44(m): 9:02am On Aug 16, 2018
Butterflyleo:

2/3 of the whole senators or 2/3 MAJORITY of the members?

Think before you answer here.
Pay attention to simple English comprehension class you won't. Is there any difference between 2/3 of the whole Senate and 2/3 majority of the members of the Senate?
For your mind you De make sense.After your yeye analysis go and impeach him. You have been bandying this your stupid analysis for weeks already.Go and implement it already
Re: How 25 Senators Can Impeach Saraki By Sunusi Musa by Butterflyleo: 9:07am On Aug 16, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

Pay attention to simple English comprehension class you won't. Is there any difference between 2/3 of the whole Senate and 2/3 majority of the members of the Senate?
For your mind you De make sense.After your yeye analysis go and impeach him. You have been bandying this your stupid analysis for weeks already.Go and implement it already

This is why you will keep scoring F9 in English.

I keep telling you legal language is not to be given English interpretation.

If it were so it would have been given added words like ALL or WHOLE or ENTIRE or ENTIRETY.

However it stops as simply saying votes of 2/3 MAJORITY of the members of that house.

If it was a simple English sentence we would not be here talking about it and we would not need the courts to interpret it would we?

Stop sniffing that thing you are sniffing so early in the morning its clearly bad for your brain
Re: How 25 Senators Can Impeach Saraki By Sunusi Musa by PaChukwudi44(m): 9:12am On Aug 16, 2018
Butterflyleo:

This is why you will keep scoring F9 in English.

I keep telling you legal language is not to be given English interpretation.

If it were so it would have been given added words like ALL or WHOLE or ENTIRE or ENTIRETY.

However it stops as simply saying votes of 2/3 MAJORITY of the members of that house.

If it was a simple English sentence we would not be here talking about it and we would not need the courts to interpret it would we?

Stop sniffing that thing you are sniffing so early in the morning its clearly bad for your brain
Who are the members of the Nigerian House of Senate?
How many are there?
Will a senator who misses plenary cease to be a member?
Give me answers with constitutional backings Mr English professor
Re: How 25 Senators Can Impeach Saraki By Sunusi Musa by buhariguy(m): 9:12am On Aug 16, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

Lol grin chest beater. We have been reading about Saraki's impending removal since June 2015.Why is it taking you people so much time. Get it done immediately
that was the mistake of oyegun, if it was this action chairman, saraki would have be remove the next day, no need of going to court with his undeclared asset.
Simple broken and disobeying party rules and regulations will sent him out of the party.

1 Like

Re: How 25 Senators Can Impeach Saraki By Sunusi Musa by KenModi(m): 9:14am On Aug 16, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

Did you criticize Buhari or the APC? Are there not a party to the crisis? Biased APC analyst

If you cant read properly, sorry I can’t help you.

Keep championing APC or PDP while politicians steal your future.
Re: How 25 Senators Can Impeach Saraki By Sunusi Musa by Butterflyleo: 9:14am On Aug 16, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

Who are the members of the Nigerian House of Senate?
How many are there?
Will a senator who misses plenary cease to be a member?
Give me answers with constitutional backings Mr English professor

Why do you think there is provision for a qurom?

Are you this stupid?

That provision for a qurom is simply because they know not all or even sometimes half of the senators may not be present but there should be a minimum number present before deliberations can commence.

The provision of a qurom shows how stupid you are for asking the above question

Have you ever seen the senate with the full compliments of all its members seated?
Re: How 25 Senators Can Impeach Saraki By Sunusi Musa by aolawale025: 9:17am On Aug 16, 2018
HungerBAD:
By Sunusi Musa

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/how-25-senators-can-impeach-saraki-266061.html

Musa Esq. is Abuja-based legal practitioner

Nigerian Courts on meaning of 2/3 majority of Senate & House (of Representatives):

"Two-thirds majority of each House can only mean two-thirds of the membership of the Senate and House of Representatives. It cannot mean anything else. The section has no relationship with the ordinary quorum of each House. It does not employ a language referable to the proportion of membership of each House. It is two- thirds of each of the whole Senate and House of Representatives... there must at least 73 members in the Senate and 240 members of the House of Representatives."

- Per Oguntade JCA (as he then was) in *_National Assembly v President_* (2003) 9 NWLR (PT 824) 104 at 132

1 Like

Re: How 25 Senators Can Impeach Saraki By Sunusi Musa by Nobody: 9:20am On Aug 16, 2018
A charge and bail lawyer wants to make name now . That means every week we will have new senate president . Keep deceiving that them ezi
Re: How 25 Senators Can Impeach Saraki By Sunusi Musa by WOCKHARDI(m): 9:23am On Aug 16, 2018
Sorry. You got it wrong .
Re: How 25 Senators Can Impeach Saraki By Sunusi Musa by Olatrent: 9:24am On Aug 16, 2018
babyfaceafrica:
lolz....the national assembly is more of a problem to Nigerians than the presidency...even if you elect an honest man has your president with the national assembly members we have..he will fail

Simple fact...!!!

1 Like

Re: How 25 Senators Can Impeach Saraki By Sunusi Musa by SachaBastien(m): 9:25am On Aug 16, 2018
The lawyer that wrote this went to law school in vain. It is explicit what the Constitution says, that QUORUM is established upon the presence of one-third of members of the house and removal of an elected officer of the house can be executed by two-thirds of the members of the house. It does not say two-thirds of quorum. Quorum is some members of the house but two-thirds of quorum does not makeup "members of the house". 109 senators makeup members of the house.
Re: How 25 Senators Can Impeach Saraki By Sunusi Musa by jimenyo: 9:28am On Aug 16, 2018
babyfaceafrica:
lolz....the national assembly is more of a problem to Nigerians than the presidency...even if you elect an honest man has your president with the national assembly members we have..he will fail
If you fail;you fail!There's no points apportioning blames on anybody!
No road to success in life that is devoid of distractions.It's your resolve to succeed regardlessly that matters!
On your ways to success,ignore distractions;focus is the watch word.But this is what APC led government lacks.
You do not need to paint incidents in bright colour to convince people;call a spade a spade.That's what I understand about integrity.
Thank you!
Re: How 25 Senators Can Impeach Saraki By Sunusi Musa by simplesearch: 9:28am On Aug 16, 2018
Just simple reason why some people hate the legal profession with passion, with Ten lawyers you are sure to find ten interpretations. No wonder the popular saying '' Lawyers are liars'' seems so true.
Re: How 25 Senators Can Impeach Saraki By Sunusi Musa by buhariguy(m): 9:28am On Aug 16, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

A minority will remain Senate president until June 2019 and there is absolutely nothing you or the APC can do about it.So far the minority has shut the NASS and it will remain shut until he says otherwise. Suck on it
the way you are having mouth thief saraki can not boast like this,
If this your mouth will be fruitful, why is your fellow jobless aggressive lazy terrorist wailing that buhari is a tyrant even thief saraki Call on the world to save him.
Pig misau that run to court, call on Nigerians to resist the impeachment,
If thief saraki has such power as you are having mouth, he wouldn't have be calling the world press conference to resist the impeachment.

Is this same mouth that killed nnamdi KANU.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How 25 Senators Can Impeach Saraki By Sunusi Musa by Butterflyleo: 9:30am On Aug 16, 2018
jimenyo:
If you fail;you fail!There's no points apportioning blames on anybody!
No road to success in life that is devoid of distractions.It's your resolve to succeed regardlessly that matters!
On your ways to success,ignore distractions;focus is the watch word.But this is what APC led government lacks.
You do not need to paint incidents in bright colour to convince people;call a spade a spade.That's what I understand about integrity.
Thank you!

I doubt you know the role of NASS in governance if you could make the comment above.

And I doubt you know why there is a clamour for which party holds more seats in the house.

Go back to school
Re: How 25 Senators Can Impeach Saraki By Sunusi Musa by Butterflyleo: 9:32am On Aug 16, 2018
buhariguy:
If this your mouth will be fruitful, why is your fellow jobless aggressive lazy terrorist wailing that buhari is a tyrant even thief saraki Call on the world to save him.
If thief saraki has such power as you are having mouth, he wouldn't have be calling the world press conference to resist the impeachment.

Is this same mouth that killed nnamdi KANU COWNU.
Re: How 25 Senators Can Impeach Saraki By Sunusi Musa by emmie14: 9:32am On Aug 16, 2018
PaChukwudi44:
grin very funny set of people. And you think Saraki will just leave that seat just because APC decides to misinterpret the constitution?
So 37 APC senators seat together and impeach Saraki and Ekweremadu, appointing new SP and DSP and 30 minutes later 37 PDP senators sit together and impeach the new principal officers restoring Saraki and Ekweremadu's positions!!!

You think the NASS is your playground? BTW how on earth do the APC hope to get this plenary where only their members will be present?
You sense of reasoning is superb. This guys are bias indeed
Re: How 25 Senators Can Impeach Saraki By Sunusi Musa by badcompany: 9:32am On Aug 16, 2018
this is a kpakpangolo situation. if 56 members of APC can impeach (with the quote of this man, 25) saraki. that means 49 PDP senators can re-install him back and likewise impeach buhari for good. this is called KANGAROO SITTING
Re: How 25 Senators Can Impeach Saraki By Sunusi Musa by PaChukwudi44(m): 9:34am On Aug 16, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Why do you think there is provision for a qurom?

Are you this stupid?

That provision for a qurom is simply because they know not all or even sometimes half of the senators may not be present but there should be a minimum number present before deliberations can commence.

The provision of a qurom shows how stupid you are for asking the above question

Have you ever seen the senate with the full compliments of all its members seated?
Stop been stupid and answer my questions quorum has absolutely nothing to do with section 50(2c) of the 1999 constitution
Re: How 25 Senators Can Impeach Saraki By Sunusi Musa by Butterflyleo: 9:35am On Aug 16, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

Stop been stupid and answer my questions quorum has absolutely nothing to do with section 50(2c) of the 1999 constitution

Read your question and read my answer again since your head is paining you
Re: How 25 Senators Can Impeach Saraki By Sunusi Musa by tuyi19: 9:35am On Aug 16, 2018
This lawyer is not a lawyer, i beleive he did not pass English Language, when the part of the constitution he quoted said ALL MEMBERS OF THAT HOUSE, it means everybody who is am member of the house whether present or absent. so, there is no way 25 senators can impeach the senate president legally.

HungerBAD:
By Sunusi Musa

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/how-25-senators-can-impeach-saraki-266061.html

Musa Esq. is Abuja-based legal practitioner
Re: How 25 Senators Can Impeach Saraki By Sunusi Musa by Butterflyleo: 9:36am On Aug 16, 2018
dlondonbadboy why are you sending me a request to follow me after being anti buhari for so long. Have you defected? grin
Re: How 25 Senators Can Impeach Saraki By Sunusi Musa by PaChukwudi44(m): 9:36am On Aug 16, 2018
buhariguy:

Is this same mouth that killed nnamdi KANU.
Why not ask your omnipotent Buhari to reconvene the house with his imaginary Powers since he is all !!powerful! Why did he deny and abandon Daura after sending him on an illegal mission
Re: How 25 Senators Can Impeach Saraki By Sunusi Musa by buhariguy(m): 9:37am On Aug 16, 2018
Giovanni2332:
A charge and bail lawyer wants to make name now . That means every week we will have new senate president . Keep deceiving that them ezi
it can only favor the party with power.
Opposition party does not have power,
So opposition can never imposed themselves on ruling party especially when the same ruling party is the majority in the house.

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Insecurity: CAN Rally Has A Political Undertone - MUSWEN, MURIC / Anambra Election: AA Presents Certificate Of Return To Maduka-Arisa / Bandits In Sokoto Burn 42 Passengers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.