Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,467 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

As A Believer Of Christ, Do You Believe In Flat Earth Or Spheroid Earth Theory? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / As A Believer Of Christ, Do You Believe In Flat Earth Or Spheroid Earth Theory? (3820 Views)

Which Miracle Of Jesus Christ Do You Think Was The Greatest? / King Kong Movie Reveals Flat Earth with Firmament (dome) / The Truth About Flat Earth From A Biblical Perspective (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As A Believer Of Christ, Do You Believe In Flat Earth Or Spheroid Earth Theory? by Nobody: 1:36pm On Feb 18, 2019
TV01:

Please present the evidence. A telescope will show the movement of the heavenly bodies, not the movement of the earth.

Have you carried out this experiment? If so please evidence and detail your findings. What did it demonstrate?

Cheers
TV
You are ignorant and you keep arguing, a radiotelescope can actually help ascertain how the earth moves. Without proper calculation of how the earth spins, you cant use a radiotelescope.... it wont work

i have tried the experiment and it proves that the earth rotates, maybe you can try it. If you need some help, i will be glad to help you.
Re: As A Believer Of Christ, Do You Believe In Flat Earth Or Spheroid Earth Theory? by TV01(m): 1:56pm On Feb 18, 2019
nwabekeyi:
If you have a spectroscopy that can measure red shift in respect to motion, you will ascertain how galaxies move.

you cant sit in your room and make conclusions, people are out there working hard to make things work for you and I. Get this equipment and do the work yourself
Why not share your empirical evidence. Detail what you set out to demonstrate and the outcome. Any presumptions or control factors. Shouldn't be too difficult. In language that is not too technical please.

nwabekeyi:
You are ignorant and you keep arguing, a radiotelescope can actually help ascertain how the earth moves. Without proper calculation of how the earth spins, you cant use a radiotelescope.... it wont work

i have tried the experiment and it proves that the earth rotates, maybe you can try it. If you need some help, i will be glad to help you.
As above, please share. What exactly you did, the assumptions, and the evidence that it demonstrates what you claim it does, as opposed to what you set out to prove. How fast and at what angle is this rotation that you personally evidenced?

Thanks
TV
Re: As A Believer Of Christ, Do You Believe In Flat Earth Or Spheroid Earth Theory? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Feb 18, 2019
TV01:
Why not share your empirical evidence. Detail what you set out to demonstrate and the outcome. Any presumptions or control factors. Shouldn't be too difficult. In language that is not too technical please.

As above, please share. What exactly you did, the assumptions, and the evidence that it demonstrates what you claim it does, as opposed to what you set out to prove. How fast and at what angle is this rotation that you personally evidenced?

Thanks
TV
Everything you need to know about it is online. I really think is stressful trying to elucidate a scientific experiment to someone who doesnt have prior science knowledge. If you dont understand how radiotelescopy works then i can no longer have a scientific conversation with you.

You problem is that you dont know science
Re: As A Believer Of Christ, Do You Believe In Flat Earth Or Spheroid Earth Theory? by TV01(m): 2:38pm On Feb 18, 2019
nwabekeyi:
Everything you need to know about it is online. I really think is stressful trying to elucidate a scientific experiment to someone who doesnt have prior science knowledge. If you dont understand how radiotelescopy works then i can no longer have a scientific conversation with you.

You problem is that you dont know science
So, you have run these experiments and, without any presuppositions or an agenda, and conclusively demonstrated that the earth moves on its axis at 1'000mph. Surely that is distillable in non-technical jargon for the non-scientific such as myself? Otherwise to believe your claims is no different to the approach I take with the bible, by faith.

Why should I swap faith in one for the other just because you claim to conducted an experiment which proves your claims but yet are unable to outline it? It is clear that the sun, moon and stars that move, do so around the earth

1 Timothy 6:4
O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:

Maybe the problem is that you believe you have knowledge and understanding, but you don't know God grin

Thanks
TV

1 Like

Re: As A Believer Of Christ, Do You Believe In Flat Earth Or Spheroid Earth Theory? by Horiolah(m): 3:08pm On Feb 18, 2019
TV01:
Your subjective pronouncement on my mental condition - which I totally reject by the way - is no evidence of the earths motion or shape. Or is it? cheesy

Do you have any evidence for motion? Are you able to prove your belief that the earth is rotating at 1'000mph, orbiting at 67'000mph, with a galaxy moving at over 500'000mph, which is in turn moving through the universe at near 1'2million mph? Anything we can discern? Anything you can empirically demonstrate. Can you provide a scientific (observable, testable, repeatable, falsifiable) methodology for your measurements. Or is it blind faith grin

What about the shape? Show us the curvature or water curving. Show us something observable for the claimed spherical shape or evidence, or an experiment.

Make the earth move for me bro' cheesy

Daniel 4:11
The tree grew and became strong, and its top reached to heaven, and it was visible to the end of the whole earth. (the whole of a globe earth cannot see a tree no matter how high it grows)

Isaiah 38:8
Behold, I will make the shadow cast by the declining sun on the dial of Ahaz turn back ten steps.” So the sun turned back on the dial the ten steps by which it had declined. (the sun moves, not the earth - its, small, local and acts like a spotlight, covering no more than half the earth at any one time/point)

Matthew 4:8
Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory. (one cannot see the whole of a globe no matter how high one ascends)

Cheers
TV

Lol, why are you exposing the Bible like this na.
Re: As A Believer Of Christ, Do You Believe In Flat Earth Or Spheroid Earth Theory? by Horiolah(m): 3:28pm On Feb 18, 2019
TV01:

Your assumptions as to how what we experience, or observe, fits with what you believe, is not proof, just opinion. However, I'll take the first few;

Day & Night - we see the sun move which it does, orbiting the earth. It is small, local and lights up part of the earth at any one point/time. Hence day and night on a flat stationary earth.

Coriolis effect - has been observed to go either way in either hemisphere

Footage from the ISS - please show it to us

Orbiting satellites - orbiting what? where? (at what altitude) show us examples.

Do you have any evidence for motion? Are you able to prove your belief that the earth is rotating at 1'000mph, orbiting at 67'000mph, with a galaxy moving at over 500'000mph, which is in turn moving through the universe at near 1'2million mph? Anything we can discern? Anything you can empirically demonstrate. Can you provide a scientific (observable, testable, repeatable, falsifiable) methodology for your measurements.

Cheers
TV

TV the real clown.
Re: As A Believer Of Christ, Do You Believe In Flat Earth Or Spheroid Earth Theory? by Horiolah(m): 3:29pm On Feb 18, 2019
nwabekeyi:
these are not observations and assumption, they are proven facts and it is so whether you accept it or not.

ICT will not work without orbiting satellites and a spinning earth.

Coriolis effects cannot work in a stationery earth, you need read about how it works as only spinning object posses coriolis effect (read up)

Life on a stationery earth is impossible as electromagnetic field will not be generated and will all die from solar wind.

As a matter of facts, nothing in the universe is stationery, little read up will help you understand how it works. There is no need denying something because we are ignorant about how it works.

At the stage of civilization, we should not be educating learned people on this subject matter, with your telescope you can see the International space station in the night sky orbiting the earth. Let's dont sound ridiculous because we want to argue...

He's playing with your mind. Na mindbender
Re: As A Believer Of Christ, Do You Believe In Flat Earth Or Spheroid Earth Theory? by Nobody: 4:20pm On Feb 18, 2019
Horiolah:

He's playing with your mind. Na mindbender
He is really bad at it. He is playing the ignoramus to me
Re: As A Believer Of Christ, Do You Believe In Flat Earth Or Spheroid Earth Theory? by Horiolah(m): 5:30pm On Feb 18, 2019
nwabekeyi:

I thought he was for real until I started reading his Bible quotes.
Re: As A Believer Of Christ, Do You Believe In Flat Earth Or Spheroid Earth Theory? by TV01(m): 6:02pm On Feb 18, 2019
Horiolah:
Lol, why are you exposing the Bible like this na.
Romans 3:4 Certainly not! Indeed, let God be true but every man a liar...

Horiolah:
TV the real clown.
1 Corinthians 1:18-31 [ Christ the Power and Wisdom of God ] For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. For it is written: “I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, And bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.” Where is the wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the disputer of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?

Horiolah:
I thought he was for real until I started reading his Bible quotes.
Amos 9:6 Who builds his upper chambers in the heavens and founds his vault upon the earth; who calls for the waters of the sea and pours them out upon the surface of the earth— the LORD is his name.

nwabekeyi:
Revelation 1:7 Behold, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him, and all tribes of the earth will wail on account of him. Even so. Amen. The bold is only possible on a flat earth grin

Do you have any evidence for motion? Are you able to prove your belief that the earth is rotating at 1'000mph, orbiting at 67'000mph, with a galaxy moving at over 500'000mph, which is in turn moving through the universe at near 1'2million mph? Anything we can discern? Anything you can empirically demonstrate. Can you provide a scientific (observable, testable, repeatable, falsifiable) methodology for your measurements.

Cheers
TV

1 Like

Re: As A Believer Of Christ, Do You Believe In Flat Earth Or Spheroid Earth Theory? by EMILO2STAY(m): 6:15pm On Feb 18, 2019
am beginning to believe in this flat earth thing ohh.
there was a video I watched on YouTube which actually show that the sun is local. I was thought in school that the sun is soo big it can contain a1000 earth sized matter, but I now know this is pure lie.

https://m.youtube.com/results?search_query=Plane+flies+through+the+sun

from the video above u can see that the sun is small and local, not 93 million miles away nor a1000times bigger than the earth.

I also do not believe in the Apollo moon landing that one is clearly faked I don't think the moon is a place one can land on. something is going on which many are not aware of, our education system is a disinformation system. many think anything labelled science is authentic when man is fallible and science itself very faulty. e.g carbon daring
Re: As A Believer Of Christ, Do You Believe In Flat Earth Or Spheroid Earth Theory? by ThothHermes: 6:16pm On Feb 18, 2019
nwabekeyi:
nice write up but your conclusion is faulted. It doesn't matter if you believe in the Bible or not, what matters are the facts presented. From the verifiable facts we have, the bible is totally wrong as regards the shape of the earth...

After all, internet cannot even work on a flat earth, you won't be able to reply this text if the earth were flat
Why? Kindly explain the bold.
Re: As A Believer Of Christ, Do You Believe In Flat Earth Or Spheroid Earth Theory? by TV01(m): 6:26pm On Feb 18, 2019
EMILO2STAY:
am beginning to believe in this flat earth thing ohh.
there was a video I watched on YouTube which actually show that the sun is local. I was thought in school that the sun is soo big it can contain a1000 earth sized matter, but I now know this is pure lie.
Persist in seeking truth bro'...you can't go wrong.

The sun and the moon are both local and in some ways act like the hands on a cosmic clock - giving rise to night and day and the seasons. They are both luminaries, created by The Most High to provide light to the earth.

The sun is not 93,000,000 million miles away or over 1.25 million times the size of the earth. Indeed the sun and moon are similar sizes and distances away. They are both within the firmament of the heaven, as are the stars.

Job 28:24 For he looks to the ends of the earth and sees everything under the heavens. (flat!)

Best
TV

1 Like

Re: As A Believer Of Christ, Do You Believe In Flat Earth Or Spheroid Earth Theory? by ThothHermes: 6:32pm On Feb 18, 2019
Horiolah:

TV the real clown.
Re: As A Believer Of Christ, Do You Believe In Flat Earth Or Spheroid Earth Theory? by ThothHermes: 6:32pm On Feb 18, 2019
Muttleylaff do you have an opinion on this?
Re: As A Believer Of Christ, Do You Believe In Flat Earth Or Spheroid Earth Theory? by ThothHermes: 6:40pm On Feb 18, 2019
TV01
You seem to have an answer for everything.

What do you make of photos from the International Space Station?

Also, how would lunar eclipses occur on a flat earth?

Is the flat earth floating in space? What do you make of space travel generally?
Re: As A Believer Of Christ, Do You Believe In Flat Earth Or Spheroid Earth Theory? by TV01(m): 6:54pm On Feb 18, 2019
ThothHermes:
TV01
You seem to have an answer for everything.

What do you make of photos from the International Space Station?

Also, how would lunar eclipses occur on a flat earth?
At all - I just cross-reference against the bible, then look closely at things that contradict it.

ISS - situation faked, output fabricated. As were the Moon landings, China's claim to land on the dark side of the moon and most "Space Agency" output.

Lunar eclipse on a flat earth. Not totally clear, but both sun and moon have been sighted at the same time as the lunar eclipse - something like 50 times over the last 500 years. Some posit that it could be other heavenly bodies that we are unaware of. There are 2 named in ancient Indian mythology, Ketu and Rahu I believe.

Cheers
TV
Re: As A Believer Of Christ, Do You Believe In Flat Earth Or Spheroid Earth Theory? by ThothHermes: 7:00pm On Feb 18, 2019
TV01:

At all - I just cross-reference against the bible, then look closely at things that contradict it.

ISS - situation faked, output fabricated. As were the Moon landings, China's claim to land on the dark side of the moon and most "Space Agency" output.
Are you saying there's no ISS?

Lunar eclipse on a flat earth. Not totally clear, but both sun and moon have been sighted at the same time as the lunar eclipse - something like 50 times over the last 500 years. Some posit that it could be other heavenly bodies that we are unaware of. There are 2 named in ancient Indian mythology, Ketu and Rahu I believe.
Now you are reaching? A lunar eclipse is a distinct event that can be predicted to the exact time of occurrence. A Google search will tell you when the next will happen in your vicinity.

Cheers
TV
Is the flat earth floating in space?

Are you saying space travel has never happened?
Re: As A Believer Of Christ, Do You Believe In Flat Earth Or Spheroid Earth Theory? by TV01(m): 7:44pm On Feb 18, 2019
ThothHermes:
Are you saying there's no ISS?
No, there probably is. Where it is is the question?

ThothHermes:
Now you are reaching? A lunar eclipse is a distinct event that can be predicted to the exact time of occurrence. A Google search will tell you when the next will happen in your vicinity.
And, there is documented evidence of the sun and moon both being seen during a lunar eclipse. Also googleable

ThothHermes:
Is the flat earth floating in space?
Psalm 104:5 He set the earth on its foundations, so that it should never be moved. That's a no!

ThothHermes:
Are you saying space travel has never happened?
What is space? And where does it begin? Biblically I don't believe we can escape the hard firmament. Nasa now says we can't escae the van allen belt - after having supposedly traversed it a half doxzen or so times during the Apollo missions grin

Cheers
TV

1 Like

Re: As A Believer Of Christ, Do You Believe In Flat Earth Or Spheroid Earth Theory? by Horiolah(m): 8:02pm On Feb 18, 2019
TV01:

And, there is documented evidence of the sun and moon both being seen during a lunar eclipse. Also googleable

Psalm 104:5 He set the earth on its foundations, so that it should never be moved. That's a no!

What is space? And where does it begin? Biblically I don't believe we can escape the hard firmament. Nasa now says we can't escae the van allen belt - after having supposedly traversed it a half doxzen or so times during the Apollo missions grin

Cheers
TV

Are u alright You can see d iss from earth with a telescope.
Re: As A Believer Of Christ, Do You Believe In Flat Earth Or Spheroid Earth Theory? by TV01(m): 8:19pm On Feb 18, 2019
Horiolah:
So where is it? What altitude? Can you determine its size using a telescope? Apparently it is in "low earth orbit" weightless and travelling at over 28'000kmph. Moving so fast the crew experience 16 sunsets and sunrises each day.

All dis moofment - my head dey spin jare. The earth doesn't though grin.

Amos 9:6 who builds his upper chambers in the heavens and founds his vault upon the earth; who calls for the waters of the sea and pours them out upon the surface of the earth— the Lord is his name.

Cheers
TV
Re: As A Believer Of Christ, Do You Believe In Flat Earth Or Spheroid Earth Theory? by Horiolah(m): 8:26pm On Feb 18, 2019
TV01:
So where is it? What altitude? Can you determine its size using a telescope? Apparently it is in "low earth orbit" weightless and travelling at over 28'000kmph. Moving so fast the crew experience 16 sunsets and sunrises each day.

All dis moofment - my head dey spin jare. The earth doesn't though grin.

Amos 9:6 who builds his upper chambers in the heavens and founds his vault upon the earth; who calls for the waters of the sea and pours them out upon the surface of the earth— the Lord is his name.

Cheers
TV

Lol, i for flog craze comot for ur head if to say we dey close.

I knw u knw hw a telescope work, so stop d BS. Some guys are taking u serious.
Re: As A Believer Of Christ, Do You Believe In Flat Earth Or Spheroid Earth Theory? by TV01(m): 8:40pm On Feb 18, 2019
Horiolah:

Lol, i for flog craze comot for ur head if to say we dey close.

I knw u knw hw a telescope work, so stop d BS. Some guys are taking u serious.

Have the ISS team been able to confirm the movement of the earth grin.

1 Chronicles 16:30 Tremble before him, all the earth; yes, the world is established; it shall never be moved.

Cheers
TV
Re: As A Believer Of Christ, Do You Believe In Flat Earth Or Spheroid Earth Theory? by ThothHermes: 8:42pm On Feb 18, 2019
TV01:

Found nothing. Maybe you'd help me.

Cheers
TV
You might want to help me with this NASA statement too grin
Re: As A Believer Of Christ, Do You Believe In Flat Earth Or Spheroid Earth Theory? by Horiolah(m): 8:47pm On Feb 18, 2019
TV01:

Have the ISS team been able to confirm the movement of the earth grin.

1 Chronicles 16:30 Tremble before him, all the earth; yes, the world is established; it shall never be moved.

Cheers
TV

Lol, u don't need the iss team telling you that. Go ask a professional sniper.
Re: As A Believer Of Christ, Do You Believe In Flat Earth Or Spheroid Earth Theory? by TV01(m): 8:58pm On Feb 18, 2019
ThothHermes:
Found nothing. Maybe you'd help me.

You might want to help me with this NASA statement too grin

https://ericdubay./2018/07/11/total-eclipse-of-the-mind/
www.helios7.com/nasa-lost-moon-technology/

The first 2 I chanced upon - there is a ton of stuff out there. It's so settled for me now that I've moved on. Like I did with the tithe issue when I first joined NL in 2006. Internet searches tend to suppress anything questioning heliocentrism so I'm not surprised.

Happy seeking

TV
Re: As A Believer Of Christ, Do You Believe In Flat Earth Or Spheroid Earth Theory? by Annwrites: 9:06pm On Feb 18, 2019
TV01 you really tried.

I have learnt over the years to avoid unnecessary argument. When people want to stay ignorant while sounding woke, they will no matter how much one tries to convince them.

Back to the topic, as a believer of Christ, I believe the earth is flat. I did a personal research, came to this conclusion, and have the full backing of the Bible.

Without the research, the flat earth is glaring.
Re: As A Believer Of Christ, Do You Believe In Flat Earth Or Spheroid Earth Theory? by Horiolah(m): 9:14pm On Feb 18, 2019
Annwrites:

TV01 you really tried.

I have learnt over the years to avoid unnecessary argument. When people want to stay ignorant while sounding woke, they will no matter how much one tries to convince them.

Back to the topic, as a believer of Christ, I believe the earth is flat. I did a personal research, came to this conclusion, and have the full backing of the Bible.

Chai, another one.

1 Like

Re: As A Believer Of Christ, Do You Believe In Flat Earth Or Spheroid Earth Theory? by ThothHermes: 11:57pm On Feb 18, 2019
TV01:

https://ericdubay./2018/07/11/total-eclipse-of-the-mind/
www.helios7.com/nasa-lost-moon-technology/

The first 2 I chanced upon - there is a ton of stuff out there. It's so settled for me now that I've moved on. Like I did with the tithe issue when I first joined NL in 2006. Internet searches tend to suppress anything questioning heliocentrism so I'm not surprised.

Happy seeking

TV
First link is just reaching. Who was taking records of eclipses over hundreds of years? Eclipses do not have a fixed pattern of occurrence in a particular place. This is conspiracy nonsense. A lot of the eclipses are not even noticeable so how would you be able to consistently record?

Second link: NASA has a website. It's an organization with thousands of employees scattered around the planet and beyond. Why would they cover up something like that? Can you think of a motive. The Van Allen belt is dangerous but is bypassed by travelling through regions of low radiation.

Your statement about search engine suppression is hilarious. That's the problem with conspiracy theories; they give rise to more.
Now Google and Bing are also in on the cover-up. grin
Re: As A Believer Of Christ, Do You Believe In Flat Earth Or Spheroid Earth Theory? by Kcgeology: 8:08am On Feb 19, 2019
the rising and setting of d sun is a literary expression describing what seems to be obvious. The seven days of creation for example shud not be taken literally. The soil we cultivate are product of disintegration of igneous and met morph rocks and takes millions of years to accomplish. The earth is one of d several planets that orbit the sun. It is strategically set at a precise distance from d sun, such that some fractions closer to d sun, we are heading for a melt down, and some fraction farther, we may be heading for another ice age. Kudos to the creator who dis so in his infinite wisdom. Embrace ur bible, also do some free minded research. U hv been empowered to do so by the creator. Cheers
Re: As A Believer Of Christ, Do You Believe In Flat Earth Or Spheroid Earth Theory? by TV01(m): 10:57am On Feb 19, 2019
ThothHermes:
First link is just reaching. Who was taking records of eclipses over hundreds of years? Eclipses do not have a fixed pattern of occurrence in a particular place. This is conspiracy nonsense. A lot of the eclipses are not even noticeable so how would you be able to consistently record?

Second link: NASA has a website. It's an organization with thousands of employees scattered around the planet and beyond. Why would they cover up something like that? Can you think of a motive. The Van Allen belt is dangerous but is bypassed by travelling through regions of low radiation.

Your statement about search engine suppression is hilarious. That's the problem with conspiracy theories; they give rise to more.
Now Google and Bing are also in on the cover-up. grin
If you so desire, the truth is out there.

Best
TV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Fw1l-4EBEI
Re: As A Believer Of Christ, Do You Believe In Flat Earth Or Spheroid Earth Theory? by TV01(m): 11:01am On Feb 19, 2019
Annwrites:

TV01 you really tried.

Morning Annwrites.

Thank you for your kind words. I am encouraged. May The Holy Spirit continue to lead us into all truth, glorifying our Lord & Saviour.

My regards
TV

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Lady With Decent Dressing And No Makeup Gains Attention At Event (Pix) / Prophet Tb Joshua's Daughter Graduates In Law From Lse! / A Random Question For The Atheists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.