Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,452 members, 7,819,664 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:11 PM

Woman Who Used To Go To Church 3 Times A Week, Stops After Visiting UK - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Woman Who Used To Go To Church 3 Times A Week, Stops After Visiting UK (64892 Views)

Apostle Chibuzor: Don't Sell My Phone. I Will Pay You 3 Times + Scholarship / Exposing The Goat Nature In Church (3) [1 John 2:3-6] / Different Kinds Of People In Church (3) [john 10:16, Psalms 23:1-6] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Who Used To Go To Church 3 Times A Week, Stops After Visiting UK by hopefulLandlord: 5:58pm On Aug 21, 2018
bavd
Re: Woman Who Used To Go To Church 3 Times A Week, Stops After Visiting UK by Adakintroy: 5:58pm On Aug 21, 2018
Even the Sunday is not sabath in the true sense.

Sabath is a day of rest not to go to church sef.

Rest your body. When you rest well, you feel good. That good feeling itself glorifies God.

1 Like

Re: Woman Who Used To Go To Church 3 Times A Week, Stops After Visiting UK by YoungLionken(m): 5:58pm On Aug 21, 2018
All fingers are not equal, the fact that they don't pray much doesn't mean you should follow suit... If you read your Bible very well, it was obvious that Jesus, Elijah, Moses, to mention a few prayed fervently, another thing is, forces here wield more wickedness than those over there, why would somebody contest for an elective position with the the primary purpose of self aggrandization

1 Like

Re: Woman Who Used To Go To Church 3 Times A Week, Stops After Visiting UK by amaniro: 5:59pm On Aug 21, 2018
I always tell people not about the amount of time you show up in church but the million dollar question is are you an adherent of Christ
Sorry to say the woman is sort of faithless. The Bible implores hard work also. Just endure on earth. Don't think because you have Jesus milk will be flowing in your house always. We have gone astray from true preachings of Christ.
Re: Woman Who Used To Go To Church 3 Times A Week, Stops After Visiting UK by Icon79(m): 5:59pm On Aug 21, 2018
With all due respect, whoever made that statement must be a very foolish woman - that is, if this story is true. And that's a big IF.

I mean, what has going to church got to do with hard work? Can't you do both?? Americans are some of the hardest working people in the world, they are also the most religious. So go figure ....

O pari

BloggersNG:
She was a consistent Sister in the Lord, But after going to UK and experiencing the life over there, a woman has abandoned her church, Say she no do again, That she'd rather get busy working than going to church..

From Ebiwali---
http://www.ebiwalisgossip.com/2018/08/woman-who-used-to-go-to-church-3-times.html

https://mobile.twitter.com/jackdre02/status/1031513379385618432
Re: Woman Who Used To Go To Church 3 Times A Week, Stops After Visiting UK by vjohnson: 6:00pm On Aug 21, 2018
That's very true
Re: Woman Who Used To Go To Church 3 Times A Week, Stops After Visiting UK by Radiant1020(f): 6:00pm On Aug 21, 2018
Well, going to church three times a week doesn't mean you love God

The truth is some people just go to church and are called Christians because they need something from God

Lord! Pls help us to serve you in truth and spirit... Amen

4 Likes

Re: Woman Who Used To Go To Church 3 Times A Week, Stops After Visiting UK by Diso60090(m): 6:00pm On Aug 21, 2018
NobodyKnows:
She made you believe??
Everyone knows that before na.
Pay tithe ,Sow seed …
All for prosperity cheesy

Leave that mugu
Re: Woman Who Used To Go To Church 3 Times A Week, Stops After Visiting UK by bewla(m): 6:01pm On Aug 21, 2018
Olalan:
The truth is majority of us are simply religious and not true adherents of our faiths......cause a careful look at our faith lays emphasis on working hard......
yea that's why we shout allahu Akbar when we kill and wicked orders after Sunday service, sango no take that nonsense

1 Like

Re: Woman Who Used To Go To Church 3 Times A Week, Stops After Visiting UK by hopefulLandlord: 6:01pm On Aug 21, 2018
eleojo23:

That is when you will know those who really love God for who He is and not for what they can get from Him.

Nonsense, every single Christian worships Yahweh for what they want from him. some people just have lower wants than others

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman Who Used To Go To Church 3 Times A Week, Stops After Visiting UK by hopefulLandlord: 6:02pm On Aug 21, 2018
jesmond3945:
That woman is not a true Christian how can you abandon your faith just like that.
No true Scotsman fallacy
Re: Woman Who Used To Go To Church 3 Times A Week, Stops After Visiting UK by hopefulLandlord: 6:03pm On Aug 21, 2018
Seconsol92:
Hardwork is cool but never underestimate the power of prayer and worship
Prayers are useless
No!

there's been no single study that points to prayer being useful. Templeton Foundation (a religious group) ran a study and found out prayers are useless

You would have the same success praying to a milk jug as you do praying to god -- the milk jug sometimes answers your prayer the way you want to, sometimes not and sometimes the answer is delayed. See the problem here? If things turn out the way you want them to, you say it was because you prayed. If not, it's because god knows what's best and you didn't pray for the right thing. Or, if it happens 10 years later you say god answered your prayer, it was just delayed. This is nonsense. You would have the exact same effect doing nothing.

12 Likes

Re: Woman Who Used To Go To Church 3 Times A Week, Stops After Visiting UK by Nobody: 6:03pm On Aug 21, 2018
Sorry oo you got a silly mum who has substituted the place of work for prayers. The Bible says watch and pray. The word watch here can be replaced with work. It also says faith without work is dead. It is your mum and her likes that have made Christians look silly and lazy in Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Who Used To Go To Church 3 Times A Week, Stops After Visiting UK by llakes4real: 6:03pm On Aug 21, 2018
Eya! whatyouneed.ml
Re: Woman Who Used To Go To Church 3 Times A Week, Stops After Visiting UK by bluefilm: 6:04pm On Aug 21, 2018
Some men of God will not be happy to hear this... tongue

But that doesn't change the truth in those words. shocked
Re: Woman Who Used To Go To Church 3 Times A Week, Stops After Visiting UK by PrincewithGod(m): 6:04pm On Aug 21, 2018
Misplaced objective. Being a Christian is about salvation of the soul and not prosperity.
Re: Woman Who Used To Go To Church 3 Times A Week, Stops After Visiting UK by hopefulLandlord: 6:05pm On Aug 21, 2018
amaniro:
I always tell people not about the amount of time you show up in church but the million dollar question is are you an adherent of Christ
Sorry to say the woman is sort of faithless. The Bible implores hard work also. Just endure on earth. Don't think because you have Jesus milk will be flowing in your house always. We have gone astray from true preachings of Christ.

If one needs to work in order for prayer to work why not just skip prayer altogether and just work? I mean Japan is filled with atheists and things are still working for them

Work works

prayer needs work

prayer is therefore useless

5 Likes

Re: Woman Who Used To Go To Church 3 Times A Week, Stops After Visiting UK by hopefulLandlord: 6:06pm On Aug 21, 2018
majekdom2:
Sorry oo you got a silly mum who has substituted the place of work for prayers. The Bible says watch and pray. The word watch here can be replaced with work. It also says faith without work is dead. It is your mum and her likes that have made Christians look silly and lazy in Nigeria

Work without faith works

faith without works is failure

why have faith then? why not just skip faith altogether and just work?

3 Likes

Re: Woman Who Used To Go To Church 3 Times A Week, Stops After Visiting UK by Maket: 6:06pm On Aug 21, 2018
jesmond3945:
That woman is not a true Christian how can you abandon your faith just like that. I live in europe and I have atheits as friends but I have never abandoned my faith. Infact in any opportunity I talk about Jesus and God is always faithful. Bible said whoever endures to the end shall be saved.
she never abandon her faith but only reduced the no of times spent on weekly activities to channel it fruitfully.
Or does she go to collect her faith 3 times a week?

1 Like

Re: Woman Who Used To Go To Church 3 Times A Week, Stops After Visiting UK by hopefulLandlord: 6:07pm On Aug 21, 2018
Icon79:
With all due respect, whoever made that statement must be a very foolish woman - that is, if this story is true. And that's a big IF.

I mean, what has going to church got to do with hard work? Can't you do both?? Americans are some of the hardest working people in the world, they are also the most religious. So go figure ....

O pari

The Bible belt in America is the worst parts of America, go figure

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Who Used To Go To Church 3 Times A Week, Stops After Visiting UK by iammarvellux(m): 6:08pm On Aug 21, 2018
See u, see how village people dey look you.

You only visited uk and left God, who has bewitched you.

The worship of God can never be under estimated.

There is God and also a place for hard work.

Re: Woman Who Used To Go To Church 3 Times A Week, Stops After Visiting UK by hopefulLandlord: 6:08pm On Aug 21, 2018
Radiant1020:
Well, going to church three times a week doesn't mean you love God

The truth is some people just go to church and are called Christians because they need something from God

Lord! Pls help us to serve you in truth and spirit... Amen

Oga, every Christian needs something or the other from God, some needs are just more easily met while some are harder or they're after afterlife

1 Like

Re: Woman Who Used To Go To Church 3 Times A Week, Stops After Visiting UK by Nobody: 6:11pm On Aug 21, 2018
donbachi:
Out of africa is out of poverty...she just made us to believe,the only reason people go to church,is because of prosperity and not salvation.

prosperity is what takes people to church.

Rich people don't go to church.

Rich nations don't go to church.

3 Likes

Re: Woman Who Used To Go To Church 3 Times A Week, Stops After Visiting UK by Firebomber: 6:11pm On Aug 21, 2018
ollah2:
Great. Welcome to the real world
Hopeless mumuslim, your brother and sister use to go to mosque five times a day yet you have mouth to talk here
Re: Woman Who Used To Go To Church 3 Times A Week, Stops After Visiting UK by Nobody: 6:12pm On Aug 21, 2018
BloggersNG:
She was a consistent Sister in the Lord, But after going to UK and experiencing the life over there, a woman has abandoned her church, Say she no do again, That she'd rather get busy working than going to church..

From Ebiwali---
http://www.ebiwalisgossip.com/2018/08/woman-who-used-to-go-to-church-3-times.html

https://mobile.twitter.com/jackdre02/status/1031513379385618432
sister aw far make we exchange backlink biko
Re: Woman Who Used To Go To Church 3 Times A Week, Stops After Visiting UK by Shampoo77: 6:13pm On Aug 21, 2018
I have a senior pastor who works with Chevron and was transferred to the US with his family he was reposted back to Lekki, Nigeria after six years though the family still in Texas, before he was transferred he love all night service to the extent that every first Friday he travels to Lagos for all night, while he was in the US when he calls we will tell him that we just finished 5 days fasting and all night and he will just laugh and say we Nigerians love too much all nights, fasting and prayers, though he is still a pastor in one of our branches in Texas but works in Lekki for a month and go back to Texas the other month. But my point is that that same pastors who love church services and prayer is now saying that Nigerians are missing it because of too many church services and programs, that even our churches in foreign countries don't pray, fast and do many services the way it is done here in Nigeria. I pray God open our understanding as regards to religious matters in this country.

5 Likes

Re: Woman Who Used To Go To Church 3 Times A Week, Stops After Visiting UK by zudozz: 6:13pm On Aug 21, 2018
She is right to an extent but dont forget that in this part of the world a lot of bad people and evil forces trying to pull you down..I dont think they have things like that working against their hard work in that part of the world.

1 Like

Re: Woman Who Used To Go To Church 3 Times A Week, Stops After Visiting UK by AngelicBeing: 6:14pm On Aug 21, 2018
jesmond3945:
That woman is not a true Christian how can you abandon your faith just like that. I live in europe and I have atheits as friends but I have never abandoned my faith. Infact in any opportunity I talk about Jesus and God is always faithful. Bible said whoever endures to the end shall be saved.
I concur cool
Re: Woman Who Used To Go To Church 3 Times A Week, Stops After Visiting UK by mercyland93(m): 6:15pm On Aug 21, 2018
Don't really know where religious is going nowadays.
Imagine, some people do go to church almost everyday as if God is wicked(which is not so).
What is an able bodied man doing in church on a Monday morning, when his mates ar trying to eke out some cash for their family.
Looking for miracles?
Only God will give our people wisdom, so as not to perish.

4 Likes

Re: Woman Who Used To Go To Church 3 Times A Week, Stops After Visiting UK by hopefulLandlord: 6:15pm On Aug 21, 2018
Shampoo77:
I have a senior pastor who works with Chevron and was transferred to the US with his family he was reposted back to Lekki, Nigeria after six years though the family still in Texas, before he was transferred he love all night service to the extent that every first Friday he travels to Lagos for all night, while he was in the US when he calls we will tell him that we just finished 5 days fasting and all night and he will just laugh and say we Nigerians love too much all nights, fasting and prayers, tjouugh he is still a pastor in one of our branches in Texas but works in Lekki for a month and go back to Texas the other month. But my point is that that same pastors who love church services and prayer is now saying that Nigerians are missing it because of too many church services and programs, that even our churches in foreign countries don't pray, fast and do many services the way it is done here in Nigeria. I pray God open our understanding as regards to religious matters in this country.

Those foreigners are going to hell

That man that went to Texas and had his faith wane has lost his salvation. he should repent from his evil ways before its too late. those late night fastings and programmes are things God was using to cement his salvation

Christians should pray against every physical progress that would hinder them from making heaven. its better for Christians to live in squalor in Nigeria and make heaven in the end than enjoy in Texas and head to hell

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Who Used To Go To Church 3 Times A Week, Stops After Visiting UK by Icon79(m): 6:17pm On Aug 21, 2018
Actually, the most religious parts of America (that would include Southern California, Texas, and Florida) are some of the most prosperous parts of the country. And I dispute your claim that the Bible belt is the "worst part of America". To me, the least prosperous part of the country includes parts of the Appalachian region(West Virginia and Kentucky). And neither one of those two states is part of the bible belt.

In fact, history has shown that religion (Christianity to be specific) brings prosperity to any nation. At the height of her power, in the 18th and early 19th centuries, the Great Britain was the most religious country in the world. They were sending Christian missionaries all over the world.

O pari

hopefulLandlord:

The Bible belt in America is the worst parts of America, go figure

1 Like

Re: Woman Who Used To Go To Church 3 Times A Week, Stops After Visiting UK by Herrmes: 6:17pm On Aug 21, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Work without faith works

faith without works is failure

why have faith then? why not just skip faith altogether and just work?
You try too hard, not criticising you, your efforts aren't appreciated enough.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Anita Oyakhilome's Name Change: Here Is The Real Gist - Lailasblog / Tina Bright: Why I Left My Husband & Married Pastor Adeeyo / Mummy G.O.'s Son: "My Mother Not Bothered About Hellfire Memes On Social Media"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.