Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,396 members, 7,815,860 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:34 PM

Who Is A True Man Of God? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is A True Man Of God? (14271 Views)

Prophet Samson Ayorinde Endorses Rev. Dr. Sign Fireman As A True Man Of God! / Dr. Sign Fireman Is A True Man Of God! / Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilomen Really True Man Of God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is A True Man Of God? by Joagbaje(m): 10:23pm On Jun 29, 2010
nuclearboy:

There is a HEADSHIP and the Bible is clear on that - ONE HIGH PRIEST. It further reiterates this when it says CHRIST iS THE HEAD. Any other head(s) are therefore FAKE!

There is a leadership - PLEASE, SIR, STARTING FROM THE DAY AT PENTECOST, show me one Pastor heading a flock in the Bible.

Paul ,Philemon, aquilla and Timothy were pastors, to name few.

Leadership in the Bible is by example that makes you get chosen as an elder. Read that as PLURAL as we do not have one elder controlling the church anywhere in the Bible unlike today when "pastor MOG" is almighty.

Ofcourse you cant have one elder controlling the church. The elders are submitted to a pastor. Timothy as a pastor had elders working with him. They dont controlled him. He straightens them up. Paul had to tell him to take it easy with them elders.

1 Tim. 5:1-2
Rebuke not an elder, but intreat him as a father; and the younger men as brethren; [2] The elder women as mothers; the younger as sisters, with all purity.

1 Tim. 5:19
Against an elder receive not an accusation, but before two or three witnesses.

Even though the word "Elder is used in generic term for leaders. Paul was elder, timothy was sub elder and there were other junior sub sub elders. They should know their organogram. The head of the woman is the man, The head of the man is Christ, The head of Christ is God.

1 Cor. 11:3
But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

"administrative structures" belong in government and business. The church is the body of Christ. Jesus is its Head i.e. brain. Are you telling us here that it is your tummy that administers the church's structure? grin So thank you but NO, in the Biblical context, there is no administration except that of Jesus Himself

Fa fa fa faa - foul!. God always deal with people through leadership. He doesnt deal with people in mass. Read your bible well . From the OT to the NT. He deals with a people through the leader he has anointed over them.He spoke to moses, Moses spoke to the Elders, Each tribe of Israel had a leader etc.

Let me speed this all up. The Bible does NOT HAVE ONE SINGLE PASTOR over a flock. Whenever a "church" was planted, the "apostle" who planted it left it to "elders" and there was no central administration i.e. no branches and no remittances to the head-quarters. Thus leadership was found through the simple process of people knowing themselves and thus putting the most respected elders as leaders. Read "Elders" as PLURAL (chosen through natural selection of maturity).
There was no administrative structure as is found today - no Pastor(s), assistant pastors, personal assistants, no ushers and definitely no bodyguards. There were no budgets! Responsible people collected and shared money DONATED FOR THE POOR, not for the ministry pastor as you do today.

Hebrews 13:17
Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

Hebrews 13:24
Salute all them that have the rule over you, and all the saints. They of Italy salute you.

Romans 12:8
; he that ruleth, with diligence; he that sheweth mercy, with cheerfulness.

The important issue here is addresswd above. The rest are irrelivant

And one last thing Joagbaje, the Gospel spread so much that YOU HEARD IT, even though Churches didn't collect money for themselves but for the poor. Churches gave not collected. The poor received, not paid tithe! And they found love they had found nowhere else amongst these "elder" run fellowships/churches.

And who is talking about money here on this thread? But you are still wrong anyhow. Paul taught about sowing to ministers life. Jesus recieved collections. I dont know why you bring this up here.

Luke 8:3
And Joanna the wife of Chuza Herod's steward, and Susanna, and many others, which ministered unto him of their substance.
Re: Who Is A True Man Of God? by nuclearboy(m): 12:34pm On Jun 30, 2010
Joagaje:

Why do you like telling such obvious lies?

You say Paul, Phinemon and Timothy were Pastors - OVER WHICH SPECIFIC FLOCK? BTW, Paul himself said "Whereunto I am ordained a preacher, and an apostle, (I speak the truth in Christ, and lie notwink a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and verity." 1 Tim 2:7. A PREACHER and an APOSTLE. Where is "Pastor" and which was his flock?

You say Paul was elder, Timothy was Sub-Elder, and there were junior sub-sub elders?  grin Scriptural backing please and DO NOT for one moment think you are yapping at one of your shakakakakatttamumble people. Give Scripture that relates to the issue not "rebuke not an elder" which had NO bearing on what we are talking about above.

Do you remember I once asked you if Moses was not your ideal so you too could feel only you had direct access to God? Now you prove me right when you say OT God  spoke to Moses. Can you show same in NT? This is a NEW PRIESTHOOD with only ONE HIGHPRIEST, Jesus the Christ! Any other senior priest? show me from the Bible! But you say each tribe had a leader in Israel? Which tribe are you from, Joagbaje? Oh I forgot, levite (tithes)!

Elders rule in Christianity, not fake levites that God repeats Mal 3 to even today tongue

You always bring up Joanna etc ministering to Jesus - BUT you forget to mention the "gifts" you and pastor chris receive. Has anyone ever said such freewill gifts are wrong? ANSWER? Did anyone here on NL tell you the 20,000 or was it 25, 000 you said someone gave you recently was wrong? was that not ministering to you? Pastors not as well known as your pastor chris usually get GIFTS of checks exceeding 1 million Naira from individuals AND THAT IS GOOD! So why is it only money and ways to get more that is your wahala?

Whist we are still on the book of Timothy, it says in Chapter 3, verse 7 "Moreover he must have a good report of them which are without; lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil." when speaking of a "bishop". You and your pastor himself - where is your good report without, with the fruit of agabas, mabells, jeri curls, healing schools, "take it and fall down then get up to fall again", training people to receive blessings of God etc that the earth is assaulted with daily? and with your twisted interpretations of the Bible.
Re: Who Is A True Man Of God? by nuclearboy(m): 12:43pm On Jun 30, 2010
for more clarity then, 1 Tim 3:1  -7 defines a Biblical Bishop - think about that and even if the "whole truth" doesn't show outside, we see the family life (or absence of it)  wink  tongue
Re: Who Is A True Man Of God? by Image123(m): 12:35am On Jul 03, 2010
nuclearboy:

^^ You had time to say you "make that CLEAR" but not to "back it up"? But you've posted on other threads on NL (money based of course since that is what matters to you) (as usual without scriptural backing) though you're not free till "later in the week"? grin

Yorubas say an Ibadan LIAR says his witnesses are far away in Kano (after this page will have passed and been forgotten)

Empty head worshipping men like himself and money. Balaam's donkey would have refused to carry you
Couldn't you tarry till later in the week? Do you realise that patience is a mark of a believer. Anyway, to your issues.

the Christian life would be
one of persecution but
that we have a reward - IN
HEAVEN and inside
ourselves
Your above quote from post 6 depicts that believers have no rewards on EARTH. Of course believers have reward in heaven but the full truth is that they also have rewards on earth. Half truths are as damning, poison is poison whether it's diluted or conc. God has promised to supply all the needs of His own, and it's on this earth(Philippi 4v19). We sure have some hope in THIS WORLD, not only IN HEAVEN. And we can look forward to the fulfilment of God's promises.
Mark 10v30 But he shall receive an
hundredfold now in this
time
, houses, and brethren,
and sisters, and mothers,
and children, and lands,
with persecutions; and in
the world to come eternal
life.
Re: Who Is A True Man Of God? by Image123(m): 12:47am On Jul 03, 2010
Do
you see him asking for
tithe? Imagine what Paul
could ask of those who
witnessed when a deadly
snake bit him and nothing
happened to him? Does
the Bible not have him
saying he wants no man's
money but prefers to pay
his own way himself? These
were Christians - they
believed God's reward is in
the next world.
This thread isn't on tithe, why does it hook you up so? So Paul wanted nothing from anyone se? You should have added that he did RECEIVE. Stop painting pictures that are not. Reward isn't ONLY in the next world. Jesus said the labourer is worthy of his reward. Even in the passage you misquoted, Paul received somethingS from that trip to Melita.
Acts 28v10 Who
also honoured us with
many honours; and when
we departed, they laded us
with such things as were
necessary.
Of course, there should be contentment and moderation in all we do, but we shouldn't seek to achieve it by deceit or deliberately ignoring the full truth. Half truths are damning.
Re: Who Is A True Man Of God? by Image123(m): 12:58am On Jul 03, 2010
But
many are also poor - why
can't we help these as God
planned tithes for
rather
than making church to be
only about money money
money with that not going
to the needy but to
pastors.
I hope you get MY OWN
point now. That is how I
define "Christian".
Numbers 18v20 And the Lord spake
unto Aaron, Thou shalt
have no inheritance in their
land, neither shalt thou
have any part among them:
I am thy part and thine
inheritance among the
children of Israel. 21 And,
behold, I have given the
children of Levi all the
tenth in Israel for an
inheritance, for their service
which they serve, even the
service of the tabernacle of
the congregation.
God didn't plan tithes just for the poor, why must you pick and choose? Tithes was ALSO an 'addition' to the provision made for the levites and priests. God Himself was their inheritance, they were not just existing by the grace of tithes. They weren't 'needy'. It was their inheritance.
Re: Who Is A True Man Of God? by Image123(m): 1:16am On Jul 03, 2010
Are
we not ALL equal brethren
according to Jesus?
According to Jesus, no we're not.
Matthew 23v11
But he that is greatest
among you
shall be your
servant. 12 And whosoever
shall exalt himself shall be
abased; and he that shall
humble himself shall be
exalted.
It is clear from this passage you initially quoted, except satan has blinded you. There are leaders and there's an attitude excepted of them. Sorry, it's not an attitude of equality, let your righteousness exceed the pharisees'. There are divine exaltations and debasements, everyone isn't equal. It's a fine idea, but that's where it stops, fine not scriptural.
2Timothy 2v20 But in a great
house there are not only
vessels of gold and of
silver, but also of wood
and of earth; and some to
honour, and some to
dishonour. 21 If a man
therefore purge himself
from these, he shall be a
vessel unto honour,
sanctified, and meet for
the master's use, and
prepared unto every good
work.
I'll add romans 14v1Him that is weak in the
faith receive ye, but not
to doubtful disputations.
Some people are weak and some are stronger. Some can lead, some are lead. Believers are one in unity and in fellowship, but it's only an ignorant person that will argue that all believers operate in equal level of anointing or ability. And respect should be given to whom due and honour to whom honour.
Re: Who Is A True Man Of God? by Image123(m): 1:35am On Jul 03, 2010
Why
can't they push you to
study and develop
DIRECTLY under the Holy
Spirit?
Christianity isn't all about bestowing your goods to feed the poor, that is only your own opinion. Any philanthropist of any/without any religion can do that.
Believers are to develop themselves, yes but there's little sanity in 'PUSHING others'. Nuclear, I'm suprised, don't you recall "don't push, there enough space around"? There's time for everything. No believer is required to forsake fellowship/others. We should all personally study, but not at the detriment/negligence of communion. The spirit of isolation craved for is of the devil. Self independence is not of God but of the world.
Ephesians 4v11 And he gave
some, apostles; and some,
prophets; and some,
evangelists; and some,
pastors and teachers; 12
For the perfecting of the
saints, for the work of the
ministry, for the edifying of
the body of Christ:
God has given us His method, not some isolation claiming direct holySpirit teaching. This same drive was what pushed Adam and Eve, the quest to know things for themselves independent of God's approved way. It only leads to KNOW you're naked and sends you out of God's Eden, back to square zero needing redemption.
Re: Who Is A True Man Of God? by Image123(m): 1:50am On Jul 03, 2010
God ’s a Father not a
Chairman/CEO.

God is Father. Add to it that God is also a Master among other things.
Matthew 23v8 But be not
ye called Rabbi: for one is
your Master, even Christ;
and all ye are brethren.
Let's have/see a 'full' Revelation/perspective, not half or partial.

explain
what Jesus meant in Matt
23 when, after He insulted
the pharisees
who like titles
and want to be called
CLOSER TO GOD (MOGs)
AND SO SIT IN MOSES
SEAT, told HIS OWN to
avoid all such.
I don't think the right word here is 'insult' AND I don't see where Jesus tells HIS OWN to avoid all such. At least, not in the passage in question. Here's the passage
Matthew 23v1 Then spake Jesus to the
multitude, and to his
disciples, 2 Saying, The
scribes and the Pharisees sit
in Moses' seat: 3 All
therefore whatsoever they
bid you observe, that
observe and do; but do not
ye after their works: for
they say, and do not.
Re: Who Is A True Man Of God? by aletheia(m): 2:01am On Jul 03, 2010
?
Re: Who Is A True Man Of God? by Image123(m): 2:11am On Jul 03, 2010
"administrative structures"
belong in government and
business. The church is the
body of Christ. Jesus is its
Head i.e. brain. Are you
telling us here that it is
your tummy that
administers the church's
structure? So thank you
but NO, in the Biblical
context, there is no
administration except that
of Jesus Himself
Let me speed this all up.
The Bible does NOT HAVE
ONE SINGLE PASTOR over a
flock.
I'll add that Joagbaje has done abit of explanation on this. You probably need to read up church history also. Revelation 2&3 were addressed to the leader/pastor/angel of a church(es).
there was no
central administration i.e.
no branches and no
remittances to the head-
quarters. Thus leadership
was found through the
simple process of people
knowing themselves and
thus putting the most
respected elders as leaders.
Read "Elders" as PLURAL
(chosen through natural
selection of maturity).
Acts 15v2 When
therefore Paul and
Barnabas had no small
dissension and disputation
with them, they
determined that Paul and
Barnabas, and certain other
of them, should go up to
Jerusalem unto the
apostles and elders about
this question.
In this passage, Jerusalem was reported to. They were headquarters and perceived to be pillars. Also 1Thessalonians 2 talks about churchES in Judea, where Jerusalem is, not just one church but what can be rightly called branches. Bible talks about gatherings/collections for the Jerusalem church so stop saying there were no remittance to the headquarters. Scripture is profitable for doctrine.
Re: Who Is A True Man Of God? by Image123(m): 2:27am On Jul 03, 2010
leadership
was found through the
simple process of people
knowing themselves and
thus putting the most
respected elders as leaders.
Read "Elders" as PLURAL
(chosen through natural
selection of maturity).
This above is not yet in the normal Bible. 'putting the most respected elders' like who in the Bible? Not spiritual leaders. Spiritual leaders are chosen by God, it's not a majority carries the vote thing. The body of Christ is not a club. I doubt if there's any spiritual leader from Genesis to Revelation appointed by respect and maturity consensus.
Responsible
people collected and
shared money DONATED
FOR THE POOR, not for the
ministry pastor as you do
today.
And one last thing
Joagbaje, the Gospel spread
so much that YOU HEARD
IT, even though Churches
didn't collect money for
themselves but for the
poor. Churches gave not
collected.
I'll ask again, who are the poor? Do you really know? Guy, don't blow/burn your money or others'.
I respect and I give to beggars but that's never the ultimate. Peter and John didn't carry money to the beautiful gate for such donations. I look at the acts of the apostles hoping to find so many references to the dear poor. Sorry, I can't even locate(in KJV) the word 'poor'. They weren't the centre/chief focus of the early disciples. There's more to LIFE than poverty. See ya in the morning and pls no 'emotionals'
Re: Who Is A True Man Of God? by nuclearboy(m): 5:57pm On Jul 03, 2010
^^

?? ?? ?? ??

This is sad!
Re: Who Is A True Man Of God? by Chiddysville(m): 7:16pm On Jul 03, 2010
@image123,

??Don't tell me you are serious
Re: Who Is A True Man Of God? by ogajim(m): 7:37pm On Jul 03, 2010
This Imge123 dude is on a huge roll, I suspect he's got to be a Pastor or hoping to become one by "working" diligently grin
Re: Who Is A True Man Of God? by Image123(m): 9:16pm On Jul 03, 2010
Your excuses will only excuse you from God's best. It's obvious my claims were not unfounded. You've been served the truth misters.
Re: Who Is A True Man Of God? by nuclearboy(m): 9:29pm On Jul 03, 2010
^^ I had actually thought to reply you from Scripture (as usual). However, good sense told me to keep peace and I'm grateful I did. The amazement shown by EVERY SINGLE PERSON who responded to you shows the truth of the matter. Your donkey-like insistence that wrong is right has also helped me understand that responding to your delusions makes you feel "high" and believe yourself of consequence.

Your world is too limited, Friend and you can't go far on lies. Truth will serve you better!
Re: Who Is A True Man Of God? by Image123(m): 9:47pm On Jul 03, 2010
^
What could you have to say? It's not your first lie today, is it? Go and repent, it's what you need, not necessarily having your last say as usual.
Re: Who Is A True Man Of God? by nuclearboy(m): 10:14pm On Jul 03, 2010
As usual, very boring and without imagination. Typical of a lazy unregenerated mind filled with delusions of grandeur and unbecoming pretensions of righteousness. Vague asinine ramblings which lack substance and are better suited to a junior high school student.

A word of advice - don't shake your head too hard - whats between your ears is so small it will likely drop out. Anyway, you might not even notice!
Re: Who Is A True Man Of God? by Image123(m): 11:02pm On Jul 03, 2010
^
I'm rarely suprised, but it suprises me how you pass off to some as a christian. Thank God I saw you before your fruits. Keep your 'complements', they're not helping you.
Re: Who Is A True Man Of God? by Joagbaje(m): 12:39am On Jul 04, 2010
Nuclearboy
nuclearboy:

Joagaje:

You say Paul, Phinemon and Timothy were Pastors - OVER WHICH SPECIFIC FLOCK? BTW, Paul himself said "Whereunto I am ordained a preacher, and an apostle, (I speak the truth in Christ, and lie notwink a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and verity." 1 Tim 2:7. A PREACHER and an APOSTLE. Where is "Pastor" and which was his flock?

Php 3:17
Brethren, be followers together of me,

1Co 4:15
For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.

what lies? have I lied? Paul had the 5 fold ministry like Jesus. He was a Prophet,Pastor, Apostle, Teacher and Evangelist. His ministry reflected all these brada! Timothy, philemon and Titus were pastors. Bible scholar calls  those books Pastoral Epistles.Because they were written to  Pastors.

Image 123 gave a simple answer for your enlightenment by making reference to the letters to the Ministers in the churches  which were refered to as Angel. Angelos means minister in charge of those churches.

You say Paul was elder, Timothy was Sub-Elder, and there were junior sub-sub elders?  grin Scriptural backing please
The scripture was clear. Dont think you will waste my time on ABCD MATTERS.  Between Paul and Timothy who is senior? Between Timothy and the elders he ordained who is senior? If you answer the question honestly you got your answer.

and DO NOT for one moment think you are yapping at one of your shakakakakatttamumble people. Give Scripture that relates to the issue not "rebuke not an elder" which had NO bearing on what we are talking about above.

Stop getting over excited,

Do you remember I once asked you if Moses was not your ideal so you too could feel only you had direct access to God? Now you prove me right when you say OT God  spoke to Moses. Can you show same in NT? This is a NEW PRIESTHOOD with only ONE HIGHPRIEST, Jesus the Christ! Any other senior priest? show me from the Bible! But you say each tribe had a leader in Israel? Which tribe are you from, Joagbaje? Oh I forgot, levite (tithes)!

Christ is highpriest does not mean he gets threatened by other leaders. James was chairman or pastor of the Jerusalem church. Paul was head of the Gentile ministry. Timothy He called several people into offices and he demands others or the subordinates should submit to them.

Elders rule in Christianity,
So long as they rule under a pastor and not try to rule over the pastor.  Im not aware Paul had elders rulling him!.But rather he had elders under him. Im not aware timothy had elders ruling him , but ruling under him and helping out just as moses had Mirian Aaron and other leaders from the tribes ruling under him. It is a principle in both OT and NT. The Apostles of Christ were not rulling him either. They were not political presure group in the church. Im sure you will like to occupy such position. "Lets call the pastor to order"  " who will raise the motion"? grin grin grin

So why is it only money and ways to get more that is your wahala?

What wahala? Stop getting personal ,Deal with Topic. Did I ever say I have problem with money? or wahala as you said. Money is my servant and it will continue to serve me and the cause of the gospel.

Whist we are still on the book of Timothy, it says in Chapter 3, verse 7 "Moreover he must have a good report of them which are without; lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil." when speaking of a "bishop". You and your pastor himself - where is your good report without, with the fruit of agabas, mabells, jeri curls, healing schools, "take it and fall down then get up to fall again", training people to receive blessings of God etc that the earth is assaulted with daily? and with your twisted interpretations of the Bible.

Where is the good fruit of Jesus Christ without with the fruit of Judas the thief, Thomas the umbeliever, Peter the liar! who denied him!. James and john who wanted to call fire on innocent people. and the rest who were contending who will be the greatest?
grin grin grin grin
Come on answer me!

If Jesus was justified for have raised people who had some coma, Pastor Chris is to be commended.
And whats your problem with Jerry curl? . Besides, Pastor Chris doesnt do Jerry curls. Does that look like Jerry curls to you? Jerry curls is messy and achaic for men. Shower cap and all that "coming to america stuff". Its mostly used by primary school headmistress! Look more closely next time.
Re: Who Is A True Man Of God? by Joagbaje(m): 12:45am On Jul 04, 2010
nuclearboy:

Joagaje:

Php 3:17
Brethren, be followers together of me,

1Co 4:15
For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.

what lies? have I lied? Paul had the 5 fold ministry like Jesus. He was a Prophet,Pastor, Apostle, Teacher and Evangelist. His ministry reflected all these brada! Timothy, philemon and Titus were pastors. Bible scholar calls those books Pastoral Epistles.Because they were written to Pastors.

Image 123 gave a simple answer for your enlightenment by making reference to the letters to the Ministers in the churches which were refered to as Angel. Angelos means minister in charge of those churches.

You say Paul was elder, Timothy was Sub-Elder, and there were junior sub-sub elders? grin Scriptural backing please

The scripture was clear. Dont think you will waste my time on ABCD MATTERS. Between Paul and Timothy who is senior? Between Timothy and the elders he ordained who is senior? If you answer the question honestly you got your answer.

and DO NOT for one moment think you are yapping at one of your shakakakakatttamumble people. Give Scripture that relates to the issue not "rebuke not an elder" which had NO bearing on what we are talking about above.

Stop getting over excited,

Do you remember I once asked you if Moses was not your ideal so you too could feel only you had direct access to God? Now you prove me right when you say OT God spoke to Moses. Can you show same in NT? This is a NEW PRIESTHOOD with only ONE HIGHPRIEST, Jesus the Christ! Any other senior priest? show me from the Bible! But you say each tribe had a leader in Israel? Which tribe are you from, Joagbaje? Oh I forgot, levite (tithes)!

Christ is highpriest does not mean he gets threatened by other leaders. James was chairman or pastor of the Jerusalem church. Paul was head of the Gentile ministry. Timothy He called several people into offices and he demands others or the subordinates should submit to them.

Elders rule in Christianity,

So long as they rule under a pastor and not try to rule over the pastor. Im not aware Paul had elders rulling him!.But rather he had elders under him. Im not aware timothy had elders ruling him , but ruling under him and helping out just as moses had Mirian Aaron and other leaders from the tribes ruling under him. It is a principle in both OT and NT. The Apostles of Christ were not rulling him either. They were not political presure group in the church. Im sure you will like to occupy such position. "Lets call the pastor to order" " who will raise the motion"? grin grin grin

So why is it only money and ways to get more that is your wahala?

What wahala? Stop getting personal ,Deal with Topic. Did I ever say I have problem with money? or wahala as you said. Money is my servant and it will continue to serve me and the cause of the gospel.

Where is the good fruit of Jesus Christ without.With the likes of Judas the thief, Thomas the umbeliever, Peter the liar! who denied him!. James and john who wanted to call fire on innocent people. and the rest who were contending who will be the greatest?
grin grin grin grin
Come on answer me!

If Jesus was justified for have raised people who had some coma, Pastor Chris is to be commended.
And whats your problem with Jerry curl? . Besides, Pastor Chris doesnt do Jerry curls. Does that look like Jerry curls to you? Jerry curls is messy and achaic for men. Shower cap and all that "coming to america stuff". Its mostly used by primary school headmistress! Look more closely next time.
Re: Who Is A True Man Of God? by Joagbaje(m): 12:52am On Jul 04, 2010
Image123:

^
I'm rarely suprised, but it suprises me how you pass off to some as a christian. Thank God I saw you before your fruits. Keep your 'complements', they're not helping you.
grin grin grin
This is hard meen!. But its a hard truth anyway . The fruit of the spirit is Love ,Joy blablalaaa,
Re: Who Is A True Man Of God? by Image123(m): 6:33am On Jul 04, 2010
^
Hey, I didn't mean to make it hard though. Guess I need to tone down with him still, and do hope God opens his eyes and all eyes to the best.
Re: Who Is A True Man Of God? by nuclearboy(m): 1:13pm On Jul 04, 2010
@Image of a simpleton:

The word is compliments, not complements. Yet my words were not made as you would wish but for correction. You really need to brush up on your grammar. And I seek correction on a daily basis - it helps me progress and thus, prosper. Thus, it would be nice to find enlightenment. Problem here is that I never did see how darkness illuminated light. You are silly, ignorant, proud and self serving - how that can correct anyone beats me.

@Joagbaje:

Anytime I want to respond to what you write, I wonder if I am replying a human or a cheap radio which spouts what it is (as it were) told from the station (headquarters). With "be followers together of me", you're trying to create a doctrine which effectively says "be worshippers together of me"? Is that what the Bible says? for this shows the truth about you -

"I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. All of us who are mature should take such a view of things. And if on some point you think differently, that too God will make clear unto you.Only let us live up to what we have already attained. Join with others in following my example, brothers, and take note of those who live according to the pattern we gave you. For, as I have often told you before and now again say even with tears, many live as enemies of the cross of Christ. Their destiny is destruction, their god is their stomach and their glory is in their shame. Their mind is on earthly things " Phi 3: 14 - 19

@Joagbaje AGAIN:

Can you imagine a better description for you than "your god is your stomach" and "your mind is on earthly things"? cool And as I always tell you, I read the Bible not ROR so you cannot confuse me like your acolytes. Compare what the Bible says to the lie you tried to pass off here. And of course, you're hoping I don't know what it says and Image123's idiotic out of scripture testimony will help your cause. How does "follow good example" become "FOLLOW MAN"?

LIAR. THIEF! Son of his tummy!
Re: Who Is A True Man Of God? by Joagbaje(m): 7:09am On Jul 05, 2010
nuclearboy:

@Joagbaje AGAIN:

Can you imagine a better description for you than "your god is your stomach" and "your mind is on earthly things"? cool And as I always tell you, I read the Bible not ROR so you cannot confuse me like your acolytes. Compare what the Bible says to the lie you tried to pass off here. And of course, you're hoping I don't know what it says and Image123's idiotic out of scripture testimony will help your cause. How does "follow good example" become "FOLLOW MAN"?
LIAR. THIEF! Son of his tummy!

our boy has gone nuclear again! The problem is no matter how nice you try to be in pretence. The maggots and junks you have inside will Still come out. That is why it is hard for you to make a post without abuses and insults. You simply need to be filled with the holyghost. He will clean you up and tame your tongue. You can't be filled with the spirit and use your tongue to speak guile.You believe so much in James and I think you should take his advice.

James 3:9-14
9 Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God. 10 Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be. 11 Doth a fountain send forth at the same place sweet[ water] and bitter? 12 Can the fig tree, my brethren, bear olive berries? either a vine, figs? so[ can] no fountain both yield salt water and fresh. 13 Who[ is] a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him shew out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom. 14 But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth.

There's a powerful teaching by pastor Chris "Love Dimesion" I will recomend for you. I can send you a copy if you desire.
Re: Who Is A True Man Of God? by nuclearboy(m): 9:05am On Jul 05, 2010
Basically then, Joagbaje, you come on NL, call everybody a babyteeth when you feel like, tell us everyone must speak with tongues when the Apostle Paul asked if it was all that did so, tell us adam was bisexual (having both s.exual organs) until God removed Eve from him, ask us if magic exists (even when the Bible says it does) etc etc etc and expect people to accept your lies.

So you then, have right and can insult us all and deliberately misquote the Bible to propagate heresies but when called what Jesus HIMSELF called your type in His days, you say we are full of junk.

What was Jesus full of when He called the Pharisees "White washed Sepulchres"? What was Jesus full of when He grabbed a whip and beat people who had turned the Temple into a business center? What was Paul full of when he rebuked Peter?

Your problem is you don't have a self! A man's self is the part of him that thinks, decides and acts. You have given oversight function of your life to another human and thus a radio could be considered your better- at least, it can be turned off. You are "yaks yaps unlimited"!

The sermons I want to hear are the following

[1] why your pastor chris fries his hair (and possibly brain) when the Bible tells even women to cloth themselves not with vanity but modesty.
[2] the one explaining why its always CE in the news for fraud, setting up fake healings etc and why I should submit myself to such lies when they push so many to crime and error
[3] the one explaining the heresies you spout here e.g. the Apostles of Christ were wrong AND Adam used to "sleep" with himself before God cut him into two.

Dude, you have so much stress on your back that a Camel wouldn't stand under the weight you carry. Self righteous postulations don't help you - I have given examples of where Jesus behaved exactly as I do (in word and deed though I didn't whip you yet). Please give an example of where He lied like you or faked healings or kabbashed idiocy or selectively answered questions that suited Him alone.

I await your pleasure but know you won't dare reply the above aside senile excuses, if that!
Re: Who Is A True Man Of God? by Joagbaje(m): 11:08am On Jul 05, 2010
nuclearboy:

Basically then, Joagbaje, you come on NL, call everybody a babyteeth when you feel like, tell us everyone must speak with tongues when the Apostle Paul asked if it was all that did so, tell us adam was bisexual (having both s.exual organs) until God removed Eve from him, ask us if magic exists (even when the Bible says it does) etc etc etc and expect people to accept your lies.You know , It is very evident.

what lies are you talking about? What evidence?There are no lies.You are the one lying against truth.

So you then, have right and can insult us all and deliberately misquote the Bible to propagate heresies but when called what Jesus HIMSELF called your type in His days, you say we are full of junk.

I didnt insult ,I only respond to people according to their posts. If someone is ignorant and arrogant and If I say that that thing is childish, It is not an insult.

What was Jesus full of when He called the Pharisees "White washed Sepulchres"? What was Jesus full of when He grabbed a whip and beat people who had turned the Temple into a business center? What was Paul full of when he rebuked Peter?

Are you Jesus? Jesus was an Apostle ordained of God . Paul was an Apostle ordained of God. You dont even know God! and you try to function as an Apostle.

Heb 5:4
And no man taketh this honour unto himself, but he that is called of God

John 3:27
John answered and said, A man can receive nothing, except it be given him from heaven. {receive: or, take unto himself}

You see the blunders your ignorant is causing you. Why would Paul ask Timothy not to rebuke and elder.

Your problem is you don't have a self! A man's self is the part of him that thinks, decides and acts. You have given oversight function of your life to another human and thus a radio could be considered your better- at least, it can be turned off. You are "yaks yaps unlimited"!

Thanks for the complement.

The sermons I want to hear are the following

[1] why your pastor chris fries his hair (and possibly brain) when the Bible tells even women to cloth themselves not with vanity but modesty.

It is not your business what a man does with his air. It is not even God's business. It is your business what you do to your hair. I dont need to question you for using vaseline or palm oil on yours!. There is no relivant scritures to your claim. What a hyposcricy. Women could use relaxer but men cant. Hair no be hair. If God no vex for woman , why e go vex for man. grin grin

[2] the one explaining why its always CE in the news for fraud, setting up fake healings etc and why I should submit myself to such lies when they push so many to crime and error

It is not true, Its just that people like you that have bad belle for CEC will use the press against us. How many crimes are commited daily in Nigeria by people, nobody talks about their churches, no one cares to know, But if its a member of CEC. They will put pastor Chris picture in front Page. "CEC member This and that" We are not moved by such. It is a mark of success to be talked about.Has pastor Chris ever taught that crime is right? But rather he teaches against such. The fact a member of a church did wrong does not condemn the pastor. Jesus did not have perfect congregation either. Will blame him for judas ,peter, thomas , james and john etc for their errors. You judge What a man teaches and proffess. And you should judge the doctrine by the word not by your feeling and religiosity plus ignorance .

[3] the one explaining the heresies you spout here e.g. the Apostles of Christ were wrong AND Adam used to "sleep" with himself before God cut him into two.

Image 123 also has observed your craftiness in twisting peoples posts to incite others. Im not bothered about that. I only contributed to a post , and quoted what some other schools of thought said. It was not my teaching nor conviction.

Dude, you have so much stress on your back that a Camel wouldn't stand under the weight you carry. Self righteous postulations don't help you - I have given examples of where Jesus behaved exactly as I do (in word and deed though I didn't whip you yet).

And I also told you you dont have the right to do what you are doing by making ridicle of the body of christ.

Please give an example of where He lied like you or faked healings or kabbashed idiocy or selectively answered questions that suited Him alone.

He faked healing, When he opened the blind eyes.
He kabbashed in idiocy when he groaned in the spirit .

He was a dupe because people said he was. He was herectic because ipeople said he was.But If he was justified then Im aquited of your false alegation
Re: Who Is A True Man Of God? by nuclearboy(m): 2:51pm On Jul 05, 2010
One lie is you telling SirJohn you would prove WITH AN XRAY, that someone had a hole in their heart (?) Then you later said they NEVER had the xray you'd promised. So why did you say you'd provide it when you knew it didn't exist? Liar, liar, pants on fire!

You words state you believe you have a right to judge someone as ignorant, arrogant and childish YET you say thats not insultive? Do you understand what an insult is? Or is it that you believe if its from you, its ok but directed at you, its an insult? 

You, a pastor says Jesus was an Apostle! shocked See your life exposed! Christ was an Apostle  Then you say Paul said not to rebuke IN THE SAME post where you say you are right to judge ignorance and arrogance? Did you ever read of a Royal Priesthood with ONE HIGH PRIEST? But of course, its Joagbaje and CE doctrine so the Bible's High Priest is an Apostle like Paul (your own words) and the Bible's ONE Royal Priesthood has seniority divisions  You are a disgrace!

Then you say "it is not God's business what chris does with what God gave him"! Maybe thats because YOU THINK the person does not belong to God, no?

Bad belle for CE? There exists RCCG, Day Star, House on the Rock, Deeper Life, MFM etc. Churches some of which, are far larger than your CE and manned by humans just as CE. Only thing is, they accept they are human unlike you gods. But no, it is "fried yaks" that I have bad belle for? You're a joke! Tell you the truth, I laugh when he comes on TBN. So F A K E and oily looking too!

Naming another opinionated joker like yourself as your backer just ridicules you and shows how desperate you've become. And stop making yourself out to be the body of Christ. I do not ridicule Christ or His body. You are very different from either. Calling yourself a cadillac won't make you one.

Christ never faked anything. NEVER! There were always witnesses and not once do yo see anyone asking for proof he did something. He it was, who usually tempered down their celebration. Your side nko? grin I believe its possible people have received miracles at CE just as they could have anywhere else where God chose to meet them. For now, provide SirJohn with his report, then we'll talk.

You made the claims. We ask you to prove them and you say we are the liars.  grin FAKE!
Re: Who Is A True Man Of God? by Image123(m): 6:17pm On Jul 05, 2010
The way this guy is going, he might just need healing soon at the 'famous' healing school. Watch your b.p mr. Also, get a dictionary and find the meaning of the word 'apostle' if you can. The human in the class of Paul and Jesus who doesn't know who an apostle is, you think say na chieftaincy title?
Re: Who Is A True Man Of God? by nuclearboy(m): 7:21pm On Jul 05, 2010
One day soon, I hope NL's Seun will be moved to an admission "IQ" test - at that point dude, good riddance!
Re: Who Is A True Man Of God? by Image123(m): 9:17pm On Jul 05, 2010
What's an IQ test got to do with who an apostle is? All these caustic bile in the name of being christlike and 'paulish'. Guy, you need a Saviour and anchor. m r m f m, m r m s, sing!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Can Christians Really Be Friends And Connect With Those Of Other Faiths? / Powerfull Spiritual Command with six and seven books of moses / RCCG Holy Ghost Congress 2020; It Is Time To Fly! 7-12th Dec. 20

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 163
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.