Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,231 members, 7,815,306 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:35 AM

Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? - Events (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? (31614 Views)

Is 1.5million Naira Enough To Do A Low Budget Traditional And Church Wedding? / Can One Do Traditional And White Wedding With A Budget Of N200k? / Best Man Role By Female Friends At Weddings Sparks Reactions Among FCT Residents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by CeeJay9ja(m): 12:15pm On Aug 24, 2018
sacramento1212:

Imo state is very expensive to marry. Traditional marriage alone in some parts of Imo state would amount to nothing less than 1.5million. So depending on how you intend to entertain guest, you will spend very well.

It depends on how greedy the family is

1 Like

Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by Nobody: 12:15pm On Aug 24, 2018
iyke649:
Hello folks. I'm planning to wed my fiancee. Considering how tight this country is I want to know if the above amount is adequate to do both traditional n white wedding. My fiancee is igbo. Same with me

Yes.

Depends on the size.
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by majamajic(m): 12:15pm On Aug 24, 2018
iyke649:
Pls i need a breakdown. U know how igbo list is and how expensive it will take . Again I plan doing it in ph town. Like how much can b budgeted for igba nkwu. Will the remaining amount b enough for the white? Lalasticlala.. I will need more view pls. Help me push am front page. Thanks

traditional is based on the state and town she is from, what extra u will spend will be on u.

Anambra, Enugu, ebonyi, and orlu zone part of imo state, their list is around 150- 400k

for White wedding the choice is all yours.

so million budget is more, to even get a new home and Start up a business for your wife after wedding. knowing friends will spray some cash for u to cover up some expenses.
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by Nobody: 12:16pm On Aug 24, 2018
Caseless:
yettymuse is a wife material. Las las na for this thread my wife dey.
Eskis sir cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by sacramento1212: 12:18pm On Aug 24, 2018
CeeJay9ja:

It depends on how greedy the family is

So on the average, how much do you think will do for traditional marriage in Mbaise and Mbano? Let me not indicate other parts?
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by arrestdarrester: 12:18pm On Aug 24, 2018
Caseless:
I won't spend one 1 million on any wedding.

If I'm spending that on my woman or on her business - I'll even give more. When it comes to marriage, I'm very low-key.

I need just 5-6 people at my wedding. On a lowest key...

Thanks for posting this.

You only need family as witnesses at your wedding, not the whole world.

Reception is not wedding. It is simply an opportunity to say thank you to your guests.

I remember when I had my wedding, guys in the office were discussing in hushed tones about the low key nature it took. It didn't bother me because I had enough dough to enjoy the first year of my marriage.

A far junior colleague had his wedding months later and they sang his praises to high heavens saying it was 'The Wedding'. Few days after he resumed to the office as a married man, police men visited and took him away in cuffs. I asked after what had happened and I was stunned to hear he was unable to offset the bill for the drinks supplied to his wedding reception.

OP be wise!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by iyke649(m): 12:18pm On Aug 24, 2018
majamajic:

traditional is based on the state and town she is from, what extra u will spend will be on u.

Anambra, Enugu, ebonyi, and orlu zone part of imo state, their list is around 150- 400k

for White wedding the choice is all yours.

so million budget is more, to even get a new home and Start up a business for your wife after wedding. knowing friends will spray some cash for u to cover up some expenses.
She is Ngwa abia
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by millionboi(m): 12:19pm On Aug 24, 2018
franchasng:
The costlier a wedding ceremony, the more likely that marriage will crash or end unhappy.

The less costlier a wedding, the more likely that wedding will end in happy ever after, so op make your choice wisely smiley
very true with prove......I ve seen
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by dayoyak: 12:20pm On Aug 24, 2018
Caseless:

If I'm spending that on my woman or on her business - I'll even give more. When it comes to marriage, I'm very low-key.

Correct

1 Like

Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by erico2k2(m): 12:20pm On Aug 24, 2018
iyke649:
Hello folks. I'm planning to wed my fiancee. Considering how tight this country is I want to know if the above amount is adequate to do both traditional n white wedding. My fiancee is igbo. Same with me
Yes,More than Enough
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by Caseless: 12:21pm On Aug 24, 2018
INDUSTRIALFAN:
bruh... grin my dad always tell us of how he married my mum and non if the neighbors knew. They just bought beer and mineral when they got home and shared for the neighbors. The money was there but popcie no like loud things.
your dad told you all that? my dad only told me how he trailed my mom. That man sef grin

In my place, come for "introduction" and the girl's parent would ask you to pay the sadaki( Islamic dowry) , a kettle and a rosary(Islamic one). The wedding is done. You can go and do the ceremony at another time if you like. But dem don give you wife...

Things have changed a bit though. I just need such wedding. The next thing I go just give her belle. No more ceremony.

1 Like

Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by erico2k2(m): 12:22pm On Aug 24, 2018
iyke649:
The traditional gatz b 4 her village na..plus I will like the white wedding to b in ph wia my friends are
Not always, I did not go to any village when I did mine, you just need to hold it where the eldest of the family lives, if in the village, pay his Tfare to come to town end of.which one B village.
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by Caseless: 12:22pm On Aug 24, 2018
yettymuse:
Eskis sir cheesy cheesy cheesy
I dey game nau grin
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by Born2Breed(f): 12:23pm On Aug 24, 2018
LynnnCHI:
Yes a million is ok .

All you need to do is to make the two ceremonies same day.Preferably,the white wedding should be done in the village of the bride or around same town.You can do this in any time of the day,if you guys are catholic better!A priest can fix you guys on any during morning massFirst mass on a Sunday is sweet because the coverage in video will show we'll dressed congregants.

After that proceed to the venue of the traditional wedding.Do your thing.Avoid buying can drinks.Make sure more than 90 are in bottles.Avoid high drinks like Heineken and Guinness,buy in little quantities if you must.

Other cheap brands are Hero,Goldberg,Star,Legend,etc

As a ph guy,where your money should be spent is on drinks.You see this small small liquors dey sell 100 naira is very very important.a carton should be around 3k or less.Like pasa bitters,Baby oku,Erujeje,etc.

Village guys dey like them well well.

I think a million naira is Ok
And during rainy season things are relatively cheap.I wish you the best.Atleast you get1 million.Some people no get to pay bride price sef.

Let's say my guy has 1 million this is what I will do.

First monetizing the whole thing may cost 300k to 350k including bride price.

2 cow head costs 40k.Big ones like 43k
You can add a carton of turkey like 10k-13k or close eye buy He-goat 25k to use for only bitter leaf soup and remove ogbono soup.

Bag of rice 18k
Gallon of red oil ten liters is 4000
Vegetable oil 9000
Tomatoes fresh 6000
Tin tomatoes 3000
Other ingredients including Maggie salt and the rest around 7k
Two basket of onions 2k

Soap Egusi a bucket is ok
And ogbomo half bucket is ok
Every other ingredients for soup is minor.Na the meat and fish be the look

2 bag of semo 6k
Garry or Akpu 6k

You can add salad or moimoi if you want.Salad is perfered cos w cheap for rainy season.Cabbage carrot and Irish potatoes and eggs are ok with biggest bama.Person wey know how to run am no go spend more than 5k.Secret if good salad na creaming.Blend sugar with bama and peak milk and salad go sweet.

Remove like 20k -25kfor dried and stock fish
Cameroon pepper like 500 is ok
Crawfish bucket is 1500

Renting of pots and canopies depending on how many 25k

Renting of wedding gown like 20k

Both of your traditional wear both of you can wear good lace for 10 yards around 35k in lagos Island market.You can chose to wear normal Senator.Aba near Ph ,you fit run an there with your wedding suit.Just buy better check material see the suit them buy plain material for trouser wey go fit am.E no cost.Just use good tailor wey no work The color of trouser should be same as your blazers.

Better shoe for island you will buy 12k.But you can still buy two for that amount.If I'm a guy I go vesper buy correct OK sanders like 8k for traditional wedding and 5k shoe for whites.I don't like cover shoes on senator wears.Good leather palm sandals is classy!Just pedicure your legs well.

Gele and shoe around 10k
Beads like 3k
And there's provisions to rent if need be.

For drinks
250k is ok
You can buy local liquors like They sell 100 in four cartons.The reason is that this little drinks are handle and when guys begin to take it with other bottles they will get really high.Just make it available and cold.

Go for other hots like captain jack,etc

Calculate and get back to me make we add more.

Sense nor go kill you.

1 Like

Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by Crixina(f): 12:23pm On Aug 24, 2018
Caseless:

Bless you Sir.

1 Like

Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by millionboi(m): 12:23pm On Aug 24, 2018
zuto4u:
I am here to read comments because I am desperately in need of advice regarding the cost of traditional and white wedding in Igbo land. My fiancee said that 2.5 million will not be enough for the kind of traditional and white wedding she would like us to have. She said that I should budget more, and I have budgeted 3 million. Both of us are from Imo state. I think 3 million is much, but she does not think so, (mind you, she is not extravagant. She is a well trained young lady from a very decent home. And she is very God fearing too). For now, I am just an average young guy, not poor and not very rich either. I need advice as well too. We plan to settle down next year by God's grace.
Bro dat kind of woman will not stay wen u don't have......don't b blind with d fear of God tins.

Xpt she accepts to bring atleast half of d money.

Be warn so u don't blame God at d end

2 Likes

Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by Nobody: 12:24pm On Aug 24, 2018
Caseless:
I'm nomadic and extremely liberal in the way I fall for women. If does not accept, I move to the next one. There are many conservative families that shares my ideology.

Lol, just flinging words around grin
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 12:26pm On Aug 24, 2018
Caseless:
your dad told you all that? my dad only told me how he trailed my mom. That man sef grin

In my place, come for "introduction" and the girl's parent would ask you to pay the sadaki( Islamic dowry) , a kettle and a rosary(Islamic one). The wedding is done. You can go and do the ceremony at another time if you like. But dem don give you wife...

Things have changed a bit though. I just need such wedding. The next thing I go just give her belle. No more ceremony.
o boy. If my time reach and I see say e get as the matter wan be, like you said above, me go just give her Belle o. Lass lass Na them go beg me to come carry without ceremony grin we've discussed sha and she's also not a fan of big weddings but I know women's idea of small could be two villages put together

3 Likes

Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by pansophist(m): 12:27pm On Aug 24, 2018
Caseless:
I have a cousin who courted a girl for 8 years, they got married and the marriage crashed in less than 10 months. All his money went into that wedding. He's now more grounded than Nigerian airway.

The lady didn't just leave him, she burnt all his clothes and certificates - she also took him to court.

This is why I told cococandy that girls are wicked and deadly. undecided

My condolence on your cousin's loss albeit, do not generalize on women. There are wonderful women out there and if you find her, believe me, you found heaven. Although, I can understand your sentiments. Modern women can be a nutcase but again, they can't win when you refuse to play.

1 Like

Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by arrestdarrester: 12:27pm On Aug 24, 2018
LynnnCHI:
Yes a million is ok .

All you need to do is to make the two ceremonies same day.Preferably,the white wedding should be done in the village of the bride or around same town.You can do this in any time of the day,if you guys are catholic better!A priest can fix you guys on any during morning massFirst mass on a Sunday is sweet because the coverage in video will show we'll dressed congregants.

After that proceed to the venue of the traditional wedding.Do your thing.Avoid buying can drinks.Make sure more than 90 are in bottles.Avoid high drinks like Heineken and Guinness,buy in little quantities if you must.

As a ph guy,where your money should be spent is on drinks.You see this small small liquors dey sell 100 naira is very very important.a carton should be around 3k or less.Like pasa bitters,Baby oku,Erujeje,etc.

And during rainy season things are relatively cheap.I wish you the best.Atleast you get1 million.Some people no get to pay bride price sef.

You can add a carton of turkey like 10k-13k or close eye buy He-goat 25k to use for only bitter leaf soup and remove ogbono soup.

Bag of rice 18k
Vegetable oil 9000
Tomatoes fresh 6000
Tin tomatoes 3000
Two basket of onions 2k

2 bag of semo 6k
Garry or Akpu 6k

You can add salad or moimoi if you want.Salad is perfered cos w cheap for rainy season.Cabbage carrot and Irish potatoes and eggs are ok with biggest bama.Person wey know how to run am no go spend more than 5k.Secret if good salad na creaming.Blend sugar with bama and peak milk and salad go sweet.

Crawfish bucket is 1500

Both of your traditional wear both of you can wear good lace for 10 yards around 35k in lagos Island market.You can chose to wear normal Senator.Aba near Ph ,you fit run an there with your wedding suit.Just buy better check material see the suit them buy plain material for trouser wey go fit am.E no cost.Just use good tailor wey no work The color of trouser should be same as your blazers.

Better shoe for island you will buy 12k.But you can still buy two for that amount.If I'm a guy I go vesper buy correct OK sanders like 8k for traditional wedding and 5k shoe for whites.I don't like cover shoes on senator wears.Good leather palm sandals is classy!Just pedicure your legs well.

Gele and shoe around 10k
Beads like 3k

For drinks
250k is ok
You can buy local liquors like They sell 100 in four cartons.The reason is that this little drinks are handle and when guys begin to take it with other bottles they will get really high.Just make it available and cold.

But for the alcoholic beverages, I wanted to LOVE this post but na only LIKE I see...Well-done
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by millionboi(m): 12:31pm On Aug 24, 2018
Malawian:
But if you have money, do an elaborate one and invite who is who. I have seen amazing gifts some couples get during their reception.Don't do kobo kobo bro.
wedding is not a business venture...,.. Stop decivin urself
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by Nobody: 12:36pm On Aug 24, 2018
Caseless:
I'm nomadic and extremely liberal in the way I fall for women. If does not accept, I move to the next one. There are many conservative families that shares my ideology.

Grammar tongue
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by joshuaidibia(m): 12:37pm On Aug 24, 2018
LynnnCHI:
Yes a million is ok .

Bag of rice 18k
Vegetable oil 9000
Tomatoes fresh 6000
Tin tomatoes 3000
Two basket of onions 2k

2 bag of semo 6k
Garry or Akpu 6k

Crawfish bucket is 1500

Gele and shoe around 10k
Beads like 3k

For drinks
250k is ok

Sweet baby Jesus. Bro you bad. E be like u be wedding planner
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by Nobody: 12:38pm On Aug 24, 2018
Chairman, why are you even spending 1 million naira on a wedding?? shocked shocked

Na one day thing oo. Patapata, 2 days, and you and the guy wey spend less go all be the same married people. Your guests and his guests will both go home to leave you and your spouses -- plus the one wey chop goat head peppersoup and all the mendemende for your ownn and the one wey just chop jollof rice and meat for the other modest guy wedding oo. Same same at the end of the day.

Think beyond your wedding day. What are your business or career plans to help you expand beyond your present capacity and financial status? Go modest with wedding plans, and go big with plans post-wedding instead.

-- The views of an experienced man cool

1 Like

Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by millionboi(m): 12:38pm On Aug 24, 2018
erico2k2:

Not always, I did not go to any village when I did mine, you just need to hold it where the eldest of the family lives, if in the village, pay his Tfare to come to town end of.which one B village.
hahahaha

Bros....where are u from?
our own na village oooo,expt u want pay twice....... Hahahahaha

Dos village one go use m dey insult u until u setl.
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by Winter4: 12:38pm On Aug 24, 2018
LynnnCHI:
Yes a million is ok .

Bag of rice 18k
Vegetable oil 9000
Tomatoes fresh 6000
Tin tomatoes 3000
Two basket of onions 2k

2 bag of semo 6k
Garry or Akpu 6k

Crawfish bucket is 1500

Gele and shoe around 10k
Beads like 3k

For drinks
250k is ok

So where can a wedding dress be rented in Lagos?
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by CeeJay9ja(m): 12:40pm On Aug 24, 2018
sacramento1212:

So on the average, how much do you think will do for traditional marriage in Mbaise and Mbano? Let me not indicate other parts?

If you humble yourself on arrival, highest 250k.
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by ojasweb(m): 12:40pm On Aug 24, 2018
Caseless:

Bro i am of the same thinking as you, however my inlaws won't gree. Now i'm gonna spend almost 1M on trad wedding.
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by Caseless: 12:42pm On Aug 24, 2018
arrestdarrester:

Thanks for posting this.

You only need family as witnesses at your wedding, not the whole world.

Reception is not wedding. It is simply an opportunity to say thank you to your guests.

I remember when I had my wedding, guys in the office were discussing in hushed tones about the low key nature it took. It didn't bother me because I had enough dough to enjoy the first year of my marriage.

A far junior colleague had his wedding months later and they sang his praises to high heavens saying it was 'The Wedding'. Few days after he resumed to the office as a married man, police men visited and took him away in cuffs. I asked after what had happened and I was stunned to hear he was unable to offset the bill for the drinks supplied to his wedding reception.

OP be wise!

Can you imagine?

You chose the right type of wedding. May God bless your marriage.
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by Q3(m): 12:43pm On Aug 24, 2018
BROS, U BAD GAAAN OOOO grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

LynnnCHI:
Yes a million is ok .

Bag of rice 18k
Vegetable oil 9000
Tomatoes fresh 6000
Tin tomatoes 3000
Two basket of onions 2k

2 bag of semo 6k
Garry or Akpu 6k

Crawfish bucket is 1500

Gele and shoe around 10k
Beads like 3k

For drinks
250k is ok

Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by Caseless: 12:46pm On Aug 24, 2018
Crixina:
Bless you Sir.
bless you, too.
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by zuto4u(m): 12:48pm On Aug 24, 2018
U are very right. Though I don't know much about marriage ceremonies in Igbo land or any part of the country, but I heard that it is usually very expensive in Igbo land, especially in Imo state.
sacramento1212:

Imo state is very expensive to marry. Traditional marriage alone in some parts of Imo state would amount to nothing less than 1.5million. So depending on how you intend to entertain guest, you will spend very well.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Wedding Pics Of Maureensylvia, An Ex-Miss NAIRALAND Contestant / Wedding Pictures Of Identical Twin Brothers / Mini~Chat Point: What Is Happening Right Now In Your Vicinity?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.