Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,759 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:44 PM

### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### - Phones (112) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### (300109 Views)

Xiaomi Thread Deleted / Strange Behavior From China Phones Help / See How To Activate MTN 100% Double Data Bonus Without Tweaking IMEI (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (266) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by sureteeboy(m): 7:46pm On Jul 24, 2019
jboixxx:

One of my ogas don attend to you. Me know next to nothing on all these flashings o. Don't be surprise if I say you sabi pass me sef
grin grin grin
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by scotweezy(m): 8:11pm On Jul 26, 2019
Mfunkynation:

RN7
I can't seem to find anything on Redwolf recovery for RN7, but I was able to see some development from the OrangeFox and PitchBlack recovery teams.

The lastest OrangeFox build for RN7 explicitly stated that it doesn't support MIUI OTA, but fortunately for you PitchBlack does support the feature, atleast, that is what is stated on their official site.

I will implore you to search this link @pbtwrp on telegram and join the PitchBlack Recovery Download Project Channel. Check for download link for your device(Lavender).

Kindly do your due diligence before flashing anything and make sure you make a comprehensive BACKUP.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Jayboltz(m): 8:12pm On Jul 26, 2019
Pls help ooo
I downloaded the Android pie update,while installing it ,my phone rebooted n it's stuck in the Mi logo since morning .how do I go about it . Phone is redmi note 5 pro Chinese version but global version flashed in it
Cc GrandMufti ,Scotweezy
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 8:16pm On Jul 26, 2019
Jayboltz:
Pls help ooo
I downloaded the Android pie update,while installing it ,my phone rebooted n it's stuck in the Mi logo since morning .how do I go about it . Phone is redmi note 5 pro Chinese version but global version flashed in it
Cc GrandMufti ,Scotweezy

Bricked. Location?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by scotweezy(m): 8:18pm On Jul 26, 2019
Jayboltz:
Pls help ooo
Cc GrandMufti ,Scotweezy
For the sake of Zeus embarassed, kindly confirm if bootloader is unlocked?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Jayboltz(m): 8:35pm On Jul 26, 2019
GrandMufti:

Bricked. Location?
Ugbowo ,Benin or sapele Delta state
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Jayboltz(m): 8:36pm On Jul 26, 2019
scotweezy:

For the sake of Zeus embarassed, kindly confirm if bootloader is unlocked?
Yes it's unlocked
What can I do pls I've been sad since morning
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by scotweezy(m): 8:42pm On Jul 26, 2019
Jayboltz:

Yes it's unlocked
What can I do pls I've been sad since morning
Download any recent fastboot rom for your device. Put your phone in fastboot mode and flash the rom through Miflash on a computer.

Check out this link https://www.technobuzz.net/flash-miui-fastboot-rom/

If you still don't get how to from the above link, enter youtube and find detailed videos.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Jayboltz(m): 8:46pm On Jul 26, 2019
scotweezy:

Download any recent fastboot rom for your device. Put your phone in fastboot mode and flash the rom through Miflash on a computer.
Thanks a lot I'll keep u posted?
Should I download fastboot pie Rom
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by scotweezy(m): 8:48pm On Jul 26, 2019
Jayboltz:

Thanks a lot I'll keep u posted?
Should I download fastboot pie Rom
Yeah. Make sure you choose "Save Data" option in the Miflash software to ensure your internal storage is kept intact on booting.

Download from this link https://en.miui.com/a-234.html

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by HowGlorious: 8:58pm On Jul 26, 2019

1 Like

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by scotweezy(m): 9:09pm On Jul 26, 2019
@Jayboltz
I will repeat again, make sure you choose "save user data" on the Miflash software.
Avoid that "clean all and lock" by all means.

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by genius43(m): 1:05am On Jul 27, 2019
scotweezy:
@Jayboltz
I will repeat again, make sure you choose "save user data" on the Miflash software.

All the people that have been affected, the solution so far have been to flash the Chinese ROM. According to XDA they claimed affected devices was as a result of fake UBL
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Jayboltz(m): 5:38am On Jul 27, 2019
scotweezy:
@Jayboltz
the fastboot rom i downloaded is v9.6.4,the one on my phone b4 it got bricked was v10.2.2.0 hope it wont get hardbricked due to antiroll back ish if i flashed it into my phone @scotweezy
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Jayboltz(m): 7:29am On Jul 27, 2019
Jayboltz:
the fastboot rom i downloaded is v9.6.4,the one on my phone b4 it got bricked was v10.2.2.0 hope it wont get hardbricked due to antiroll back ish if i flashed it into my phone @scotweezy
any response Grandmufti
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by scotweezy(m): 7:59am On Jul 27, 2019
genius43:

All the people that have been affected, the solution so far have been to flash the Chinese ROM. According to XDA they claimed affected devices was as a result of fake UBL
You have a good point sha. The guy will need to download both the chinese and global fastboot rom then.
The problem now is we are not exactly sure the brick happened as a result of fake unlock bootloader. If it is the case, the flashing won't go through at all.
He might probably need to go through test point method like others before.

1 Like

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by scotweezy(m): 8:06am On Jul 27, 2019
Jayboltz:
If you read up, you will see @genius43 brought to our attention the issue of fake bootloader unlock. If it is the case, test point method might be your only saving grace.

Modify:
Use this link https://www.smartphones.how/repair/check-status-bootloader-locked-or-unlocked to check the true state of your bootloader unlock.

Kindly give us a feedback after you've confirmed.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Jayboltz(m): 8:52am On Jul 27, 2019
scotweezy:

If you read up, you will see @genius43 brought to our attention the issue of fake bootloader unlock. If it is the case, test point method might be your only saving grace.

Modify:
Use this link https://www.smartphones.how/repair/check-status-bootloader-locked-or-unlocked to check the true state of your bootloader unlock.

Kindly give us a feedback after you've confirmed.
i just confirm it to be truely unlocked.should i continue with the fastboot flash or should i download miui v10.2.2.0 @ Scotweezy
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by scotweezy(m): 8:59am On Jul 27, 2019
Jayboltz:
i just confirm it to be truely unlocked.should i continue with the fastboot flash or should i download miui v10.2.2.0 @ Scotweezy

Check that link I sent earlier and download the lastest fastboot rom for Redmi Note 5. The way I see it, you will still end up needing to update to the lastest rom.

Make sure you download the correct fastboot rom for your device.

Once again, make sure you choose "save user data" option on the Miflash software.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by genius43(m): 9:14am On Jul 27, 2019
Jayboltz:
Check this link for the latest Fastboot ROM
https://en.miui.com/getrom-342.html?m=yes&mobile=2
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 9:36am On Jul 27, 2019
Jayboltz:
any response Grandmufti

Bricked. Contact acekid109 or adamix
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 9:37am On Jul 27, 2019
scotweezy:

You have a good point sha. The guy will need to download both the chinese and global fastboot rom then.
The problem now is we are not exactly sure the brick happened as a result of fake unlock bootloader. If it is the case, the flashing won't go through at all.
He might probably need to go through test point method like others before.

Fake unlocking
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by scotweezy(m): 10:25am On Jul 27, 2019
genius43:

This link seems to be for recovery rom and not fastboot. I posted a link earlier where you can find all the lastest fastboot rom available for most of Xiaomi devices.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by scotweezy(m): 10:28am On Jul 27, 2019
GrandMufti:

Fake unlocking
The guy has actually confirmed it to be unlocked normally through "fastboot oem info" command. So let's see how things pan out.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by genius43(m): 10:49am On Jul 27, 2019
scotweezy:

This link seems to be for recovery rom and not fastboot. I posted a link earlier where you can find all the lastest fastboot rom available for most of Xiaomi devices.

It is for Fastboot, that is the official MIUI website. They don't post recovery ROMs there
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by scotweezy(m): 11:19am On Jul 27, 2019
genius43:

It is for Fastboot, that is the official MIUI website. They don't post recovery ROMs there
And I am respectfully saying that link you posted is wrong, it is not for fastboot rom, It is for recovery rom.
Check the screenshot below

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by genius43(m): 11:29am On Jul 27, 2019
scotweezy:

And I am respectfully saying that link you posted is wrong, it is not for fastboot rom, It is for recovery rom.
Check the screenshot below

GrandMufti Gptech make Una help us clarify abeg.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Gptech(m): 11:54am On Jul 27, 2019
genius43:

That na recovery rom. One quick thing to note about fastboot roms na their size, usually over 2gig.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by genius43(m): 11:56am On Jul 27, 2019
Gptech:

That na recovery rom. One quick thing to note about fastboot roms na their size, usually over 2gig.

Alright boss
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by mathefaro(m): 12:20pm On Jul 27, 2019
Gptech:

In addition, it won't be in zip format
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by toniotonero(m): 12:47pm On Jul 27, 2019
Recovery rom zip format & below 2gb
fastboot rom tgz format & above 2gb
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Gptech(m): 3:24pm On Jul 27, 2019
mathefaro:
In addition, it won't be in zip format
Yeah.

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (266) (Reply)

Tecno N7 5" Android Phone / List Of WAP Sites You Know / Gionee M3mini Discussion Thread [HOT]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.