Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,759 members, 7,820,645 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:41 PM

### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### - Phones (183) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### (301066 Views)

Xiaomi Thread Deleted / Strange Behavior From China Phones Help / See How To Activate MTN 100% Double Data Bonus Without Tweaking IMEI (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) ... (266) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by losdiose(m): 10:54am On Jul 05, 2020
olayinkajnr:

Message me for telegram.

Olayinkajnr is the username.

Ok boss
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Charley92: 11:27am On Jul 05, 2020
ibawon:

Hi bro,
That was my Second Mi device, what you're experiencing is very normal because most Devs and custom ROMS have dropped support for the Phone...
So to get a stable ROM might be a bit sketchy

Yeah, that's true... Even Xiaomi has left the phone's android version at 8.1
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by isco10(m): 11:57am On Jul 05, 2020
Charley92:

Yeah, that's true... Even Xiaomi has left the phone's android version at 8.1

There are still a lot of supports for R5+ Vince

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0whCbcv30so
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by ibawon(m): 12:08pm On Jul 05, 2020
losdiose:

I don't even know if my bootloader is unlocked

Yes, I have a PC.

Go to settings → About phone → Tap 5–7 times on MIUI version & it will enable developer options.

Once the developer options are enabled, follow the steps given below to check bootloader status.
Go to Settings → Additional settings → Developer options → Mi Unlock Status

I think that should help

1 Like

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by toniotonero(m): 12:10pm On Jul 05, 2020
olayinkajnr:

How can you miss AOSP when you are on AOSP?

CRDROID and other ROMs like it are AOSP ROMS.

CRDROID, MSM, AEX, HAVOC, RR, CORVUS, SUPERIOR OS, PARANOID ANDROID, COLT OS, CARBON ROM etc are all AOSP ROMS.
Me don port comot jare, e too dy boring
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by toniotonero(m): 12:12pm On Jul 05, 2020
Charley92:

So, the pie ROMs worked well, I believe the CrDroid pie ROM for Vince is still being updated in terms of security patches; please, how has your experience been with CrDroid?
Not bad, kind of boring for me & less customization
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 12:42pm On Jul 05, 2020
toniotonero:

Me don port comot jare, e too dy boring

Which rom now?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by toniotonero(m): 3:11pm On Jul 05, 2020
GrandMufti:

Which rom now?
AEX
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Jinyjagz(m): 3:20pm On Jul 05, 2020
I just bought Xiaomi Redmi 8 3 days ago and I'm constantly experiencing ghost touch on the screen all the time. Please is there any solution to this? Is driving me crazy plus I don't have screen protector on
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 3:30pm On Jul 05, 2020
toniotonero:

AEX

Na still aosp na. So in essence you didn't port. That's what he was trying to point out
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 3:32pm On Jul 05, 2020
Jinyjagz:
I just bought Xiaomi Redmi 8 3 days ago and I'm constantly experiencing ghost touch on the screen all the time. Please is there any solution to this? Is driving me crazy plus I don't have screen protector on

Return it
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by olayinkajnr(m): 4:29pm On Jul 05, 2020
toniotonero:

AEX

Na still AOSP.

In fact, AEX means AOSP Extended.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Seyilome(m): 4:53pm On Jul 05, 2020
Hi everyone. My redmi 5 screen brightness/backlight just went off. The brightness/backlight would just come on when the phone is booting and off after booting, is it that i have to change screen lcd or what ?. Thanks.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by eby001(m): 8:23am On Jul 06, 2020
olayinkajnr:

Na still AOSP.

In fact, AEX means AOSP Extended.

I'm back to aosp o. Viper4android do me strong thing. I'll on aosp till meme12 arrive
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by olayinkajnr(m): 9:25am On Jul 06, 2020
eby001:
I'm back to aosp o. Viper4android do me strong thing. I'll on aosp till meme12 arrive

Which of the AOSP ROMS?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by masterP042(m): 9:40am On Jul 06, 2020
Please someone should suggest a xiaomi repair or service centre in Enugu. Please
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by eby001(m): 9:49am On Jul 06, 2020
olayinkajnr:

Which of the AOSP ROMS?
aex, I even have issue with it now, I can't wipe my phone from twrp. Data folder cannot be assessed.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 9:53am On Jul 06, 2020
eby001:
aex, I even have issue with it now, I can't wipe my phone from twrp. Data folder cannot be assessed.

You format data when you port from eu rom?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by olayinkajnr(m): 10:08am On Jul 06, 2020
eby001:

That's because you didn't format data (the one with yes) when you moved from MIUI ROM to AOSP ROM. It's very important that you do else you won't be able to decrypt data partition which is the case here.

You'll have to format data to fix it.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by busuyi44: 10:09am On Jul 06, 2020
eby001:
I'm back to aosp o. Viper4android do me strong thing[b][/b]. I'll on aosp till meme12 arrive

U bootlooped while flashing viper4android or what?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by IamAmakaa(f): 11:25am On Jul 06, 2020
Femiartalade:
Please I got a new redmi note 9. And i honestly don't like the camera. It has a blurry effect and has this beauty effect that is not cool at all.
I don't even understand the deep focus too...

Someone suggest what i can do
How much did you get it?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by toniotonero(m): 11:36am On Jul 06, 2020
GrandMufti:

Na still aosp na. So in essence you didn't port. That's what he was trying to point out
Yes boss
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 11:39am On Jul 06, 2020
toniotonero:

Yes boss

Android pie?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 11:39am On Jul 06, 2020
Femiartalade:
yes

Remove the nylon if you haven't
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by toniotonero(m): 11:42am On Jul 06, 2020
eby001:
Which version of AOSP?
Pie or Q? & on what device?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by toniotonero(m): 11:56am On Jul 06, 2020
GrandMufti:

Android pie?
Yeah. Q no want mk i use am
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 2:21pm On Jul 06, 2020
toniotonero:

Yeah. Q no want mk i use am

Lol. Try another rom. Try ion
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by eby001(m): 3:20pm On Jul 06, 2020
busuyi44:

U bootlooped while flashing viper4android or what?
Yes
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by eby001(m): 3:22pm On Jul 06, 2020
olayinkajnr:

That's because you didn't format data (the one with yes) when you moved from MIUI ROM to AOSP ROM. It's very important that you do else you won't be able to decrypt data partition which is the case here.

You'll have to format data to fix it.
Nope, I was able to do that, I did when I moved to an old aex7.0, but issue started when I switched to aex7.2
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by busuyi44: 3:59pm On Jul 06, 2020
eby001:

Yes
U r not alone. Happened to R5+ twice on iON os & Mi 9T Pro on Masik 14.0 once. I'm very wary of the application.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by olayinkajnr(m): 4:16pm On Jul 06, 2020
eby001:

Nope, I was able to do that, I did when I moved to an old aex7.0, but issue started when I switched to aex7.2

That's the only solution. Format data. Else you won't be able to decrypt data in twrp.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by toniotonero(m): 5:35pm On Jul 06, 2020
GrandMufti:

Lol. Try another rom. Try ion
For now mk i stil dy loyal to AEX, i go try either Revolution or Evolution OS wen month end jare

(1) (2) (3) ... (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) ... (266) (Reply)

Tecno N7 5" Android Phone / List Of WAP Sites You Know / Gionee M3mini Discussion Thread [HOT]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.