Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### - Phones (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### (301113 Views)

Xiaomi Thread Deleted / Strange Behavior From China Phones Help / See How To Activate MTN 100% Double Data Bonus Without Tweaking IMEI (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (266) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Lavoca: 10:10am On Jan 06, 2019
alex110:
Thanks all, I finally did it following this guide but using Orange fox recovery.
https://androidfilebox.com/tips/enable-camera2-api-redmi-5-plus/
Worked for moi! grin
https://f.celsoazevedo.com/file/gcamera/bsg-test-8.1.apk

This is a gcam for redmi 5 plus with night sight
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Nobody: 10:17am On Jan 06, 2019
GrandMufti:

I'm also assuming you have enabled usb debugging?

https://androidfilebox.com/tips/root-redmi-note-5/

Yes i have enabled USB debugging. I have followed the above tutorial, all the first steps works, but when flashing the twrp, it tells me it cannot open recovery.img. Seems like I am going to look at the dummy img file angle. Do you know how I can do that?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Nobody: 10:18am On Jan 06, 2019
akinis09:
u have to boot ur device to fastboot mode by turning off ur device and count to 20 now pressing both power+ volume button until u see fastboot robot. Then u type fastboot devices, if ur phone is connected u should see the serial number, the go ahead and flash ur recovery.
Note: if ur device is redmi note 5 ai, u need to know ur arb version, but I bet it should be v4. If its v4 u have to flash dummy IMG file before u flash ur recovery

How can I flash the dummy img file. Yes it's note 5 ai.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Lavoca: 10:47am On Jan 06, 2019
papiforreal:

Yes i have enabled USB debugging. I have followed the above tutorial, all the first steps works, but when flashing the twrp, it tells me it cannot open recovery.img. Seems like I am going to look at the dummy img file angle. Do you know how I can do that?
Which device are you using? Is the twrp for your phone or you should use orange fox
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Nobody: 10:52am On Jan 06, 2019
Lavoca:
Which device are you using? Is the twrp for your phone or you should use orange fox
Redmi note 5 ai
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 11:01am On Jan 06, 2019
papiforreal:

Use twrp for note 5

For the command to work, two things are essential. One is naming the .IMG file correctly. The other is to place the .IMG file in the same folder as your adb tools.

The correct format would be fastboot flash recovery <name of file>.img
Rename the file to recovery ,do not add any .img extension.

You can also flash the recovery by typing in this command:
"fastboot flash recovery" and then drag the twrp.img into your cmd prompt
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Lavoca: 11:17am On Jan 06, 2019
papiforreal:
Redmi note 5 ai
https://sourceforge.net/projects/orangefox/files/whyred/
Download this and try again
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Lavoca: 11:20am On Jan 06, 2019
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by akinis09: 11:35am On Jan 06, 2019
papiforreal:

How can I flash the dummy img file. Yes it's note 5 ai.
download the fastboot-unlock-anti v4 from the below site and place it the same folder with the recovery.
Flash from fastboot running this command
fastboot flash antirbpass dummy.img
Now flash twrp recovery of ur choice.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-note-5-pro/how-to/index-everything-anti-roll-t3816219

Skip to number 5

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jan 06, 2019
GrandMufti:

Use twrp for note 5

For the command to work, two things are essential. One is naming the .IMG file correctly. The other is to place the .IMG file in the same folder as your adb tools.

The correct format would be fastboot flash recovery <name of file>.img
Rename the file to recovery ,do not add any .img extension.

You can also flash the recovery by typing in this command:
"fastboot flash recovery" and then drag the twrp.img into your cmd prompt
Rooted now. Thanks for your help. The issues was mainly because of extension. My window wasn't recognising. Img

1 Like

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jan 06, 2019
akinis09:
download the fastboot-unlock-anti v4 from the below site and place it the same folder with the recovery.
Flash from fastboot running this command
fastboot flash antirbpass dummy.img
Now flash twrp recovery of ur choice.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-note-5-pro/how-to/index-everything-anti-roll-t3816219

Skip to number 5

Thank you. rooted. The issue was from my windows like I mentioned. I had to check my settinngs and allow show file extensions. The files were not showing.img.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 1:10pm On Jan 06, 2019
papiforreal:

Rooted now. Thanks for your help. The issues was mainly because of extension. My window wasn't recognising. Img

Ok
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jan 06, 2019
GrandMufti:

Ok
Thanks
How can I solve the issue of gcam closing while trying to switch to front camera?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jan 06, 2019
CuteMaro:

using fastboot method, install recovery temporarily, then flash Cam2Api.
You can now install gcam of your choice.
check YouTube for videos.
My gcam closes when selecting a selfie, any fix for that?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 1:51pm On Jan 06, 2019
papiforreal:

Thanks
How can I solve the issue of gcam closing while trying to switch to front camera?

Give gcam all permissions or use the one below

GCam_5.1.018_by_SerJo87_1.6RC2_test4c
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by CuteMaro(m): 1:55pm On Jan 06, 2019
papiforreal:

My gcam closes when selecting a selfie, any fix for that?
Try other mods. Some mods have one bug or the other. Join your telegram group and get a recommended one.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jan 06, 2019
GrandMufti:

Give gcam all permissions or use the one below

GCam_5.1.018_by_SerJo87_1.6RC2_test4c
How can I download this?
I downloaded another one but if I snap a pic on front camera with portrait mode, it only saved a blank picture. I will manage like that anyway. Thanks
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 7:30pm On Jan 06, 2019
papiforreal:

How can I download this?
I downloaded another one but if I snap a pic on front camera with portrait mode, it only saved a blank picture. I will manage like that anyway. Thanks

Take pictures with the front cam in normal mode before taking in portrait.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Adasun(m): 8:30pm On Jan 06, 2019
Hello xiaomi family, i love dis phone because it's unique.

I have never use android phone bfor and i don't have the money to buy one yet (xiaomi on mind).

If any one here in dis family has any kind of job,majorly online dat i can engage in to fetch me money so dat i can upgrade frm dis my nokia 112 i will really appreciate.

I am patient and ready to work as long as possible. Tanks!
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Adasun(m): 8:31pm On Jan 06, 2019
Hello xiaomi family, i love dis phone because it's unique.

I have never use android phone bfor and i don't have the money to buy one yet (xiaomi on mind).

If any one here in dis family has any kind of job,majorly online dat i can engage in to fetch me money so dat i can upgrade frm dis my nokia 112 i will really appreciate.

I am patient and ready to work as long as possible. Tanks!

I am in benue.

1 Like

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by adamix(m): 11:23pm On Jan 06, 2019
GrandMufti:

I really don't know.

Cc adamix
Shared link but i was banned by bot
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by DLifeless1: 6:46am On Jan 07, 2019
Damn! Guys I went to hell and came back unburnt, ama never doing all these modding stuffs again.
Remember its not being up to 2 months I bought my redmi 6 pro with the Chinese ROM, that curiosity kicked in and I decided to tinker with my phone, I just wanted to unlock the bootloader only but after unlocking it, rooting and installing custom recovery and co started calling.. that was how I mistakenly wiped all my system files that the recovery wrote no OS to boot into; it actually means that am in the soft brick gallery but I had little luck, my bootloader is unlocked and all drivers are intact and even USB debugging was on though I don't know whether it will have any effect. My phone now cycles between fastboot to twrp recovery and noting more. I didn't want to install any custom ROM cos of its bugs. I started searching, saw one rom that they said it is global MIUI v10 but flashable through recovery, I tried, it failed because the recovery wrote that it is for Ceres or so which is redmi 6 not 6 pro. Hmm! I've entered panic mode, went to xiaomi site and saw Indian global flashable through fastboot, downloaded and when I tried flashing using miflash tool, mismatch error, I went online and saw so many stuffs about editing the flash_all.bat files, didn't see any need taking such risk since most people reported the method bricked their phone. All these ROMs are not less than 1.5GB, oooh! Less I forget, I read you should first rename the .gz file to extension of .tgz, since I've not modified my laptop folder view, I did so to enable me change extensions cos extracting the .gz file with WinRAR will give you another file that needs extraction, simplest method was using 7zip but didn't know then. I later on found the original Chinese ROM both the fastboot and recovery and voom I went to download, my laptop wouldn't connect to the hotspot, I had to beg my sister to help me with her phone, she obliged but she doesn't have ucweb cos I trust that browser like hell and her phone's ram is 1GB meaning I have to stay in that app less I risk closing it or corrupting my downloads.
I started downloading the fastboot ROM which is 2.44GB, I literally plugged the phone and never removed my attention from it and it took helly years to finish and also downloaded the miflash tool v2018, had them thrown into my system and zapped them out; meaning extracted them via WinRAR. I put my dead phone in fastboot, my system recognized it since I had my adb drivers ready, imagine I had to uninstall the 2017 version of miflash tool just for the sake, the new 2018 version is a portable app not installable......
Straight I tried flashing, and the first error was that the tool couldn't find the flashing files, chei! I wanted to die but I checked the file path and like me, I love using weird symbols for filenames so I extracted the flashing files to my desktop and retried, vaam! Another bloody error, "flashing system error" I sweated on my tongues but no lele... I went to Google and saw terrible things but the most terrible was that it was likely the downloaded firmware was corrupt, I shouted God forbid inside my heart... I saw another thing, that during extraction, some files can get corrupt.. so I went back and reextracted it but this time with 7zip.... I tried flashing again... It was moving and progressing, wasting time... In my heart I was making progress.. already my bladder was overfull and overrunning so I needed the toilet, so I said if I go to the toilet and on my way back, I'll peep to my phone to check if it has rebooted which signified success but I came back from the toilet, it was still moving... Immediately I unpaused the movie I was using to distract myself, I discovered my dead phone was already booting, I flew up, went to my sister's room and woke her, this was around 2 am and kissed her cos if not that she lend me her phone, what would I have done, maybe today I'd still be feeling miserable..I had 443 niara in my sim. I'll thank ifeco pipipi who gave me 640naira and aniiii who gave me 1k to resubscribe after my system gutted down my previous 11 gig , I just resetted the system and was reinstalling some apps like chrome cos I hate edge that hates idm and I needed idm to download efficiently and I forgot to put it in metered connection cos of anxiety, that was why I opted to use my sister's phone and manage the 2k sub prudently.
So praise da Lord somebody.
No vex say I dey disturb, we have different things that tickle us and mine is electronic gadgets, I can't just do without them.
Just ignore the typos, am in the toilet.

6 Likes

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by CuteMaro(m): 6:57am On Jan 07, 2019
DLifeless1:
Damn! Guys I went to hell and came back unburnt, ama never doing all these modding stuffs again.
Remember its not being up to 2 months I bought my redmi 6 pro with the Chinese ROM, that curiosity kicked in and I decided to tinker with my phone, I just wanted to unlock the bootloader only but after unlocking it, rooting and installing custom recovery and co started calling.. that was how I mistakenly wiped all my system files that the recovery wrote no OS to boot into; it actually means that am in the soft brick gallery but I had little luck, my bootloader is unlocked and all drivers are intact and even USB debugging was on though I don't know whether it will have any effect. My phone now cycles between fastboot to twrp recovery and noting more. I didn't want to install any custom ROM cos of its bugs. I started searching, saw one rom that they said it is global MIUI v10 but flashable through recovery, I tried, it failed because the recovery wrote that it is for Ceres or so which is redmi 6 not 6 pro. Hmm! I've entered panic mode, went to xiaomi site and saw Indian global flashable through fastboot, downloaded and when I tried flashing using miflash tool, mismatch error, I went online and saw so many stuffs about editing the flash_all.bat files, didn't see any need taking such risk since most people reported the method bricked their phone. All these ROMs are not less than 1.5GB, oooh! Less I forget, I read you should first rename the .gz file to extension of .tgz, since I've not modified my laptop folder view, I did so to enable me change extensions cos extracting the .gz file with WinRAR will give you another file that needs extraction, simplest method was using 7zip but didn't know then. I later on found the original Chinese ROM both the fastboot and recovery and voom I went to download, my laptop wouldn't connect to the hotspot, I had to beg my sister to help me with her phone, she obliged but she doesn't have ucweb cos I trust that browser like hell and her phone's ram is 1GB meaning I have to stay in that app less I risk closing it or corrupting my downloads.
I started downloading the fastboot ROM which is 2.44GB, I literally plugged the phone and never removed my attention from it and it took helly years to finish and also downloaded the miflash tool v2018, had them thrown into my system and zapped them out; meaning extracted them via WinRAR. I put my dead phone in fastboot, my system recognized it since I had my adb drivers ready, imagine I had to uninstall the 2017 version of miflash tool just for the sake, the new 2018 version is a portable app not installable......
Straight I tried flashing, and the first error was that the tool couldn't find the flashing files, chei! I wanted to die but I checked the file path and like me, I love using weird symbols for filenames so I extracted the flashing files to my desktop and retried, vaam! Another bloody error, "flashing system error" I sweated on my tongues but no lele... I went to Google and saw terrible things but the most terrible was that it was likely the downloaded firmware was corrupt, I shouted God forbid inside my heart... I saw another thing, that during extraction, some files can get corrupt.. so I went back and reextracted it but this time with 7zip.... I tried flashing again... It was moving and progressing, wasting time... In my heart I was making progress.. already my bladder was overfull and overrunning so I needed the toilet, so I said if I go to the toilet and on my way back, I'll peep to my phone to check if it has rebooted which signified success but I came back from the toilet, it was still moving... Immediately I unpaused the movie I was using to distract myself, I discovered my dead phone was already booting, I flew up, went to my sister's room and woke her, this was around 2 am and kissed her cos if not that she lend me her phone, what would I have done, maybe today I'd still be feeling miserable..I had 443 niara in my sim. I'll thank ifeco pipipi who gave me 640naira and aniiii who gave me 1k to resubscribe after my system gutted down my previous 11 gig , I just resetted the system and was reinstalling some apps like chrome cos I hate edge that hates idm and I needed idm to download efficiently and I forgot to put it in metered connection cos of anxiety, that was why I opted to use my sister's phone and manage the 2k sub prudently.
No vex say I dey disturb, we have different things that tickle us and mine is electronic gadgets, I can't just do without them.
Congrats bro.

But next time no need to panic. Just do proper research before flashing or wiping, no rush, follow procedures step by step and you won't encounter problems.

Make sure you join the official telegram group of your device, download telegram on ur pc and log in too in case of future issues, this way u'll get help and directions faster, plus links to the right files to download, even wen ur fone is dead. Cheers!
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 7:54am On Jan 07, 2019
adamix:

Shared link but i was banned by bot

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by DLifeless1: 8:12am On Jan 07, 2019
CuteMaro:

Congrats bro.

But next time no need to panic. Just do proper research before flashing or wiping, no rush, follow procedures step by step and you won't encounter problems.

Make sure you join the official telegram group of your device, download telegram on ur pc and log in too in case of future issues, this way u'll get help and directions faster, plus links to the right files to download, even wen ur fone is dead. Cheers!

I've begged for the telegram group for my phone but no head way, maybe lemme go to Google.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 9:11am On Jan 07, 2019
DLifeless1:

I've begged for the telegram group for my phone but no head way, maybe lemme go to Google.

Pm adamix
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by akinis09: 10:13am On Jan 07, 2019
DLifeless1:
na wa 4 u o, u go tru all this stress just because u mistakely wipe ur phone (data,cache, system etc) which resulted to no os. Next type go to official xiaomi page and download the twrp flashable rom, either u place it on an external SD card and put in ur phone or u copy and paste to ur phone tru recovery, by connecting ur phone to ur PC using the USB cod. 2 option download and flash custom ROM for ur phone tru XDA using the search bar in the site to search 4 ur phone thread\forum just to boot the phone and pending the time u wish to flash the official rom
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by horlahwaley(m): 12:38pm On Jan 07, 2019
Am tired of miui,can someone suggest a rom which is battery efficient please
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by gidieberry(m): 2:00pm On Jan 07, 2019
horlahwaley:
Am tired of miui,can someone suggest a rom which is battery efficient please
which device
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by IKON360(m): 4:18pm On Jan 07, 2019
DLifeless1:
I've experienced this on my gionee m3mini, next time don't wipe system in TWRP. Have fun, keep modding. Currently, bootloops don't scare me as long as the phone dey on, wahala no dey. Congratulations!!
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jan 07, 2019
Pls i nid the telegram link for redmi note5
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by horlahwaley(m): 6:49pm On Jan 07, 2019
gidieberry:
which device
r5p sir

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (266) (Reply)

Tecno N7 5" Android Phone / List Of WAP Sites You Know / Gionee M3mini Discussion Thread [HOT]

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.