Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,653 members, 7,813,200 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:34 AM

### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### - Phones (65) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### (299117 Views)

Xiaomi Thread Deleted / Strange Behavior From China Phones Help / See How To Activate MTN 100% Double Data Bonus Without Tweaking IMEI (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (266) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Psychodavidovic(m): 8:16am On Feb 16, 2019
maclawrence02:

I want to try this rom can you guide me pls? I have downloaded it. My device is redmi note 4x.

Which recovery do you have Installed ?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Psychodavidovic(m): 8:17am On Feb 16, 2019
nani667:
Now Rocking the Viper ✔️✔️

Nani don't finally port.

Which Launcher and Icon pack ?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Lavoca: 8:18am On Feb 16, 2019
Psychodavidovic:

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by maclawrence02(m): 9:23am On Feb 16, 2019
Psychodavidovic:

Which recovery do you have Installed ?
Pitch-black recovery
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Psychodavidovic(m): 9:43am On Feb 16, 2019
maclawrence02:

Pitch-black recovery

Don't know if it has advanced wipe.

Use titatium back to back up your apps to your internal storage or SD card.

Boot into recovery, wipe system and cache (don't wipe Internal storage or SD card oo)

Flash th AEX rom you downloaded, Flash gapps, flash magisk. Wipe cache then reboot.

Use titatium backup to restore your apps.

Make sure you have the right ROM and gapps for your device and operating system version respectively.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by maclawrence02(m): 10:08am On Feb 16, 2019
Psychodavidovic:

Don't know if it has advanced wipe.

Use titatium back to back up your apps to your internal storage or SD card.

Boot into recovery, wipe system and cache (don't wipe Internal storage or SD card oo)

Flash th AEX rom you downloaded, Flash gapps, flash magisk. Wipe cache then reboot.

Use titatium backup to restore your apps.

Make sure you have the right ROM and gapps for your device and operating system version respectively.
How do I get gapps for rn4x? I've already downloaded magisk. There was a time used titanium backup the free version and backed up my files it failed to restore.
Do you have the link to download these needed files? Please pardon my numerous enquiries.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Psychodavidovic(m): 11:30am On Feb 16, 2019
maclawrence02:

How do I get gapps for rn4x? I've already downloaded magisk. There was a time used titanium backup the free version and backed up my files it failed to restore.
Do you have the link to download these needed files? Please pardon my numerous enquiries.

Go to this website https://opengapps.org/

Tick ARM6 in the first spot, tick the Android version of the ROM you're about to flash (8.1 or 9.0) and tick Pico. Now hit download and you've got your gapps. Other Google apps will have to be downloaded by you when you flash the ROM.

As for the titatium backup, i also use the free version and it works. You probably don't back up your apps with data or don't have root access. Walk me through the process you take when you use titatium backup.

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Ulrich01(m): 12:15pm On Feb 16, 2019
Thank you noobody. You be boss smiley

1 Like

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by maclawrence02(m): 12:38pm On Feb 16, 2019
Psychodavidovic:

Go to this website https://opengapps.org/

Tick ARM6 in the first spot, tick the Android version of the ROM you're about to flash (8.1 or 9.0) and tick Pico. Now hit download and you've got your gapps. Other Google apps will have to be downloaded by you when you flash the ROM.

As for the titatium backup, i also use the free version and it works. You probably don't back up your apps with data or don't have root access. Walk me through the process you take when you use titatium backup.
Pls is there a way that I can tell the android version from this pix?
I noticed that the size of the rom is about 600mb I have a feeling that it is not a full rom that I downloaded but an incremental upgrade am I right?

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Psychodavidovic(m): 1:29pm On Feb 16, 2019
maclawrence02:

Pls is there a way that I can tell the android version from this pix?
I noticed that the size of the rom is about 600mb I have a feeling that it is not a full rom that I downloaded but an incremental upgrade am I right?

It's the full ROM. That's about the same size as mine that i just flashed (617mb).

That right there is Android 9.0 Pie.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Psychodavidovic(m): 2:21pm On Feb 16, 2019
So far good.

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by honsule(m): 3:28pm On Feb 16, 2019
GrandMufti:

Clean

No o. Not clean o. this screen burnt on my phone the only option is to get another screen right? Is not like if is disturbing anything, but whenever I just see it, I don't like it
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by honsule(m): 3:30pm On Feb 16, 2019
Psychodavidovic:
So far good.

I like your theme o. Or is it the os?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by kvngjesse(m): 3:32pm On Feb 16, 2019
honsule:

No o. Not clean o. this screen burnt on my phone the only option is to get another screen right? Is not like if is disturbing anything, but whenever I just see it, I don't like it
Lol my bro, the only fix for screen burn is replacing
Had to live with my redmi 5 plus for 7 months with that shii
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by maclawrence02(m): 3:52pm On Feb 16, 2019
Psychodavidovic:

It's the full ROM. That's about the same size as mine that i just flashed (617mb).

That right there is Android 9.0 Pie.
OK thanks
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 4:06pm On Feb 16, 2019
honsule:

Yeah replace it. Try to get close to original
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by isco10(m): 4:11pm On Feb 16, 2019
GrandMufti:

Yeah replace it. Try to get close to original
Can a custom rom solve the screen problem
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 4:12pm On Feb 16, 2019
isco10:

No..

You could try some kernel auditor
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by kvngjesse(m): 4:28pm On Feb 16, 2019
isco10:

No it won't
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by kvngjesse(m): 4:29pm On Feb 16, 2019
GrandMufti:

No..

You could try some kernel auditor
Yeah those rgb settings shi, it will just hide it
It'll all resurface again sadly
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Psychodavidovic(m): 6:43pm On Feb 16, 2019
honsule:

I like your theme o. Or is it the os?

Na the OS o. AEX. Customisation plenty. grin
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by plucky16(m): 8:10pm On Feb 16, 2019
Psychodavidovic:
So far good.

I think this update is more battery efficient than the last one. I'm updating this night. Btw what's the name of your font?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by hardeycute(m): 9:12pm On Feb 16, 2019
Psychodavidovic:
So far good.
Where is your App usage?

I don't know which one to flash between AEX v6.3 and Syberia v2.3
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Psychodavidovic(m): 9:04am On Feb 17, 2019
plucky16:

I think this update is more battery efficient than the last one. I'm updating this night. Btw what's the name of your font?

I think so too.

Name of font is Amaranth. Got it from Google font and installed it with ifont.

1 Like

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Psychodavidovic(m): 9:06am On Feb 17, 2019
hardeycute:
Where is your App usage?

I don't know which one to flash between AEX v6.3 and Syberia v2.3

Forgot to include that but just played PUBG for about 30mins, a little bit of WhatsApp and ucbrowser then Mx Player watching movies for about 5 hours+.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by ainathegreat(m): 9:55am On Feb 17, 2019
Please who stays in Ibadan here and can help me flash AEX on my Redmi 5 plus.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by hardeycute(m): 10:06am On Feb 17, 2019
ainathegreat:
Please who stays in Ibadan here and can help me flash AEX on my Redmi 5 plus.
Where do you live in Ibadan?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by noobody(m): 10:55am On Feb 17, 2019
Ulrich01:

Wow its bin a long time coming bro,

Very greatful for the continued trust,

Its always a pleasure doing biz with you,

Enjoy your new device,

Looking forward to more great deals,

Cheers smiley
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by frank155(m): 12:13pm On Feb 17, 2019
Ulrich01:

Guy how your beast
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by frank155(m): 12:29pm On Feb 17, 2019
Hey could someone send there bootanimation file grin
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by plucky16(m): 12:32pm On Feb 17, 2019
Psychodavidovic:

I think so too.

Name of font is Amaranth. Got it from Google font and installed it with ifont.

Can u upload it here pls?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Babaty87(m): 1:53pm On Feb 17, 2019
I just got an OTA update of Resurrection remix pie. Safe to update ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (266) (Reply)

Tecno N7 5" Android Phone / List Of WAP Sites You Know / Gionee M3mini Discussion Thread [HOT]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.