Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,910 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:03 PM

If You Have Touched This Ball, Then You Are Truly An Old Man! - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / If You Have Touched This Ball, Then You Are Truly An Old Man! (71055 Views)

Nairaland Users Are Truly Disappointed!!! (PICTURES) / Massive Python Swallows A 70-Year-Old Man In Dalaba, Guinea (Photo) / Snake Swallows Tennis Ball. A Vet Massages It Out (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Have Touched This Ball, Then You Are Truly An Old Man! by Treasure17(m): 1:20pm On Aug 26, 2018
Leather ball with nostalgia feeling.

1 Like

Re: If You Have Touched This Ball, Then You Are Truly An Old Man! by BruncleZuma: 1:41pm On Aug 26, 2018
Mehn man don old sha...choi!!!

If you know where to tap the rubber from then you are carried.

2 Likes

Re: If You Have Touched This Ball, Then You Are Truly An Old Man! by pocohantas(f): 1:42pm On Aug 26, 2018
Looks like voodoo ball.
Re: If You Have Touched This Ball, Then You Are Truly An Old Man! by sureheaven(m): 1:42pm On Aug 26, 2018
In those day, I use to have to the ball and the drum. grin
Re: If You Have Touched This Ball, Then You Are Truly An Old Man! by blackaxe78: 1:42pm On Aug 26, 2018
Did in 1923 when the queen visited heralthford
Re: If You Have Touched This Ball, Then You Are Truly An Old Man! by bamasite(m): 1:42pm On Aug 26, 2018
Over old dey worry me be that o.......bounces so much and very light made from natural rubber grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: If You Have Touched This Ball, Then You Are Truly An Old Man! by Kog45(m): 1:42pm On Aug 26, 2018
Kimikazi2:
Tambolo- It can bounce but its hard to determine its directions
Tambolo correct guy
Re: If You Have Touched This Ball, Then You Are Truly An Old Man! by neonly: 1:43pm On Aug 26, 2018
chuggy:

You no sabi this ball...This one na paper and cellotape, we dey use am when money for felele no dey. Person don old chai

Oga dat ball is not made of tape but gum

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Have Touched This Ball, Then You Are Truly An Old Man! by sapeleboi(m): 1:43pm On Aug 26, 2018
bought it for 5 naira then , and 5 naira was a lot of cash those time cry
Re: If You Have Touched This Ball, Then You Are Truly An Old Man! by sinaj(f): 1:44pm On Aug 26, 2018
chuggy:

You no sabi this ball...This one na paper and cellotape, we dey use am when money for felele no dey. Person don old chai
cellotape abi torn baloon sad
Re: If You Have Touched This Ball, Then You Are Truly An Old Man! by Jokerman(m): 1:45pm On Aug 26, 2018
RSVP:
Ah ball "Eledo".... Dis ball get one unpleasant smell like dat and it was tricky to play.

I still prefer junk ball ( Lots of papers you mold into ball shape and wrap It up with nylon then you began play 4 post inside empty classroom ) to this anytime anyday.

Who still remember "chewgum alayo" ?.. . One flat chewgum that has a yellow wrap with small fancy card Inside.

Lol... you be real ghetto oldie.... grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Have Touched This Ball, Then You Are Truly An Old Man! by bamasite(m): 1:45pm On Aug 26, 2018
Uncle look well again.
No deceive young ones.
chuggy:

Re: If You Have Touched This Ball, Then You Are Truly An Old Man! by nonso3k(m): 1:45pm On Aug 26, 2018
Most of the inputs are wrong.

This is made from what we used to call a gum tree. A cut on the tree makes it bleed a gummy substance that gets thicker eventually.

Wrapping and folding that substance creates the ball in the above picture.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Have Touched This Ball, Then You Are Truly An Old Man! by Dicksonpal: 1:46pm On Aug 26, 2018
chuggy:

u grab nd Na for inside class e dey sweet pass!

2 Likes

Re: If You Have Touched This Ball, Then You Are Truly An Old Man! by SourGrape: 1:46pm On Aug 26, 2018
Just cut the bark of the gum tree and the white liquid drops from it is what forms the ball. I made it myself during those old days.

2 Likes

Re: If You Have Touched This Ball, Then You Are Truly An Old Man! by udemzyudex(m): 1:48pm On Aug 26, 2018
Lol.. That year ehn.
Re: If You Have Touched This Ball, Then You Are Truly An Old Man! by author1(m): 1:48pm On Aug 26, 2018
grin
Re: If You Have Touched This Ball, Then You Are Truly An Old Man! by Dicksonpal: 1:49pm On Aug 26, 2018
This kind throw back dey make person reason marriage, afterall Na 22 I say I go marry, Chai!
Re: If You Have Touched This Ball, Then You Are Truly An Old Man! by BeeBeeOoh(m): 1:49pm On Aug 26, 2018
I don old finish oh embarassed
Re: If You Have Touched This Ball, Then You Are Truly An Old Man! by BeeBeeOoh(m): 1:50pm On Aug 26, 2018
Dicksonpal:
This kind throw back dey make person reason marriage, afterall Na 22 I say I go marry, Chai!
And you're 33 now?

Chai! God help your people oh
Re: If You Have Touched This Ball, Then You Are Truly An Old Man! by dominique(f): 1:50pm On Aug 26, 2018
Looks like avocado seeds. I'm not indomie generation but I can't say I know anything about this ball
Re: If You Have Touched This Ball, Then You Are Truly An Old Man! by victorazyvictor(m): 1:50pm On Aug 26, 2018
neonly:
50 kobo but d ball must never I repeat never near fire or pin
Still now I wonder how it made I mean to get d air inside with out a valve grin grin grin grin

grin

I tell you, it was a mystery to us. grin

As kids, we used to wonder. We decided to mold the raw material (from rubber tree) as usual like ball, put it inside hot water and cook it grin yet no sign of swelling up.

3 Likes

Re: If You Have Touched This Ball, Then You Are Truly An Old Man! by SlayerForever: 1:53pm On Aug 26, 2018
Had to look at it very keenly before I recognized it. Jeez,the ball can bounce! It bounces so erratically sometimes your eyes can't keep up. Awesome ball.

1 Like

Re: If You Have Touched This Ball, Then You Are Truly An Old Man! by kapelvej: 1:54pm On Aug 26, 2018
xreal:
O boy. I don old be that.

This thing sabi bounce pass felele ball.
in shot, for you to mention felele, it means you are as old as I am
Re: If You Have Touched This Ball, Then You Are Truly An Old Man! by ajebuter(f): 1:54pm On Aug 26, 2018
Felele ball...
Re: If You Have Touched This Ball, Then You Are Truly An Old Man! by SourGrape: 1:54pm On Aug 26, 2018
victorazyvictor:

grin

I tell you, it was a mystery to us. grin

As kids, we used to wonder. We decided to mold the raw material (from rubber tree) as usual like ball, put it inside hot water and cook it grin yet no sign of swelling up.
u hv to place the pot cover air tight for it to swell.

1 Like

Re: If You Have Touched This Ball, Then You Are Truly An Old Man! by UncleSnr(m): 1:55pm On Aug 26, 2018
I still perceive the smell. My brain should just stop playing with me.

2 Likes

Re: If You Have Touched This Ball, Then You Are Truly An Old Man! by meobizy(f): 1:55pm On Aug 26, 2018
...and this thread is hitting front page for the 31,000,000,000,000,000th time.
Re: If You Have Touched This Ball, Then You Are Truly An Old Man! by zabuur: 1:59pm On Aug 26, 2018
Bolu eledo
Re: If You Have Touched This Ball, Then You Are Truly An Old Man! by wyqay: 1:59pm On Aug 26, 2018
i remember we use to call it then: "bolu elepon" ,meaning the scrotum ball 😃😃😃😃
Re: If You Have Touched This Ball, Then You Are Truly An Old Man! by Imustreturn(m): 2:00pm On Aug 26, 2018
Balloon ball grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Akobi Crescent, Surulere After Rain Today (Photo) / If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion) / See 10 Nigerians Who Are In Guinness Book Of Record.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.