Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,101 members, 7,821,801 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:47 PM

Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons - Jobs/Vacancies (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons (150402 Views)

Name The Good/best Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons / Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons / Worst Companies To Work In Nigeria With Reasons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by ifyy07(m): 6:29am On Aug 28, 2020
Stanbic IBTC bank don't try to work there as a contract staff they treat as if you be animal

1 Like

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by ASPIREX: 3:10pm On Aug 29, 2020
Chummynoni:

this cud be a rumor sir. or did u confirm from staffs of the school?. most employers are terrible ,and they lie about their pay structures. I once worked with an Edo man(his name, Eni ladi ibeawor). he is a dealer of Mobil Plc(ogba)branch. he pays attendants 13k and there was a day he was talking to a visitor that despite the fact that he pays attendant 25k, they still cheat customers. can you imagine the cunny man?. he is a very terrible boss to work with. he deducts workers' salary at every given chance. he also has the habit of sacking workers at the lastweek of the month so as to avoid paying salaries. Karma will definitely catch up with him

I had to make a comment at this point. I know the gentleman you mentioned. I have had first hand dealing with him. I live very close by and his dealership is my preferred destination for filling up my car and sometimes buying domestic gas.

Very true, the gentleman in question is rather brash but I understand that this may be the only way he has been able to stay on top. Unlike most other dealers, he resumes there every morning and stays right through monitoring all activities. This is not very comforting for the staff who are mostly rogues. As a matter of fact there is no day an infraction does not happen in that station. But of it is brought to his notice he is decisive in his measures. His position is that no customer must be short-changed for any reason whatsoever.

Just this week, I was a witness to his wrath when one of his attendants short-changed a female customer by underdispensibg Petr by a whopping 1,500.00.

It was brought to his attention, he was so upset and showed his annoyance by;

1. Apologising profusely to the lady.

2. Fuelling the lady's tank with the exact amount (after cancelling whatever had been dispensed previously).

3. Reprimanding his manager/Supervisor for being careless or complicit (or both).

4. Summarily dismissing the villain immediately and of course without pay.

All this was done with a lot of apologies to the customer and very publicly too.

I doffed my hat for him that day. Those who chose to would learn and buckle up.
If you work where you are uncomfortable with the terms and conditions or you feel undervalued and thus under-remunerated your first option is to resign honourably.

The more good people leave the earlier the employer will put on his thinking cap.

2 Likes

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by Nobody: 3:25pm On Aug 29, 2020
Never Go to MIKANO and start your carrier they are destiny waster. Never go to DRURY to try your luck black men ruling the company and you know the result of black man sense ruling.

2 Likes

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by jd3trice(m): 3:20pm On Aug 31, 2020
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by oluwagloria(f): 3:58pm On Aug 31, 2020
The Laundry Box...

2 Likes

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by Blackmoran(m): 6:13am On Sep 01, 2020
oluwagloria:
The Laundry Box...
heard the name of that company before. but why do you think they are the worst?
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by Shegunz: 11:47pm On Sep 18, 2020
Pls oo who participated in the video interview last week with ppl on behalf of EEDC? For feeder managers or network mgrs?

2 Likes

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by johnyoung: 5:29pm On Dec 28, 2020
Anfieldboss:
Do so at your own risk unless you're no longer an employee of that company.

hahahahahaha amen to that
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by elrosie: 8:18pm On Jan 08, 2021
IamaNigerianGuy:
Guinness Nigeria plc.
Their pay for contract staff is rubbish

How much is their pay.
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by omoadeleye(m): 3:06pm On Jan 17, 2021
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by Nobody: 12:52am On Mar 24, 2021
Avoid one man businesses as much as possible.

E.g Color sense.

Toxic work environment, very bad tempered directors that are verbally abusive, poor staff welfare, they treat staff with a lot of suspicion, zero job security, they have a high staff turnover rate (people in the complex call them "hiring and firing" becauseof how fast staff quit or are fired after employment). Only accept an offer if you dont intend working with them for a long period of time and dont value peace of mind.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by Nobody: 10:32am On Apr 13, 2021
Please who knows anything about AGRITED in Ibadan? I received an interview invite for a Customer service officer role but I want to have an idea about the working conditions and pay if possible. Thanks alot.

1 Like

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by wickedboi: 10:15am On Apr 27, 2021

E.g Color sense.

Toxic work environment, very bad tempered directors that are verbally abusive, poor staff welfare, they treat staff with a lot of suspicion, zero job security, they have a high staff turnover rate (people in the complex call them "hiring and firing" becauseof how fast staff quit or are fired after employment). Only accept an offer if you dont intend working with them for a long period of time and dont value peace of mind.

Let me add Cleantelligent a cleaning company in Lagos. The owner done change name tire and atleast is now known as Cleantelligent. They owe staff salary and even cleaners wey dey collect 20k a month. Me never see company wey go all the way to improverish their staff. We have had people walk out from their jobs without notice in the last 2 months because of their condition of service. Imagine not having paid salary before the easter long holidays, it was dreadful
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by okooloyun1(m): 11:25pm On Jun 05, 2021
franchasng:
Nigerian youths are so freaking cowards!

Why are u guys scared of naming these companies that do not value your destiny

Nobody knows your name here, go ahead and name them to shame them and pre warn others from working for them angry

Nigerian youths have been victimised to become cowards to even speak up anonymously, gosh, no hope for Nigeria angry angry

Let me help you guys:

1.) Any private owned school in Nigeria that is not owned by Europeans or Americans, don't work!

Most Nigerian private schools pay their staff between 15,000 - 45,000 per month as salary, isn't this suicidal angry

2.) Any private hospital in Nigeria is a hell to work!

Private hospitals in Nigeria pay nurses between 30,000 - 50,000 and doctors between 75,000 - 150,000 depending on how big the hospital is, don't envy their staff cry

3.) Any Call center job is a hell!

4.) Any bank contract job is slavery!

5.) Any Nigerian fast food reatuarant or eatery or hotel job is slavery, don't expect good salary or welfare!

6.) PHCN under the new private owners now is a hell. I repeat NEPA work don cast! Anybody that tells u he or she works with Nepa now, pls pity him or her unless he or she is a manager or those people that go about disconnecting lights because they make money by stealing and crooks.

You see Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company If they offer u a job, get a lawyer and sue them for 10billion for attempting to enslave u angry angry

7.) Jumia, konga, Payporte, etc, in fact all online store companies in Nigeria are a waste of time. They don't pay their staff. They pay only the key managers!

8.) All transport companies in Nigeria; name anyone u know, pls be prepared to die young working for peanut unless u know how to steal smartly to makeup your useless monthly salary that can't rent u a house angry

9.) Any Nigerian owned factory, Indian or Lebanese owned factory or company, run for your life because u are going in for another slavery! angry

10.) Dangote companies; forget the name Dangote, all his staff members who are not managers are suffering, except those that steal in one way or the other.

Dangote job is another form of slavery! Run if any Dangote company offer u job, run, run and never look back until u disappear! angry

In fact, the only good jobs in Nigeria are federal government jobs, international oil company and oil servicing jobs, international shipping company jobs, some few bank jobs, government parastatals and NGOs (the best jobs), international aviation and airline company jobs, others are crap, most of their staff survive by stealing the company angry
You're on point

1 Like

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by Centrallock: 7:53pm On Jun 06, 2021
Itex integrated services
Pos support staff
15k salary
With 200 naira payment for walking around in the hot son..
M&E security services
Pilgrims security services
Firstbank marketer's job
Bemil security
Will add others as i confirm

2 Likes

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by gentleibraheem(m): 3:47pm On Jun 10, 2021
farady:

I beg to disagree. Some private schools pay moderately to very well. For instance I was surprise when i learn't that a staff in my children school earns above N260K. Other category of staff including teachers are well paid and they are fed at least once a day. This even better than most oil services companies in Lagos and PH.

which school is that.
make i go dust my B.Ed

2 Likes

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by VTJN(m): 3:44pm On Jun 13, 2021
farady:

I beg to disagree. Some private schools pay moderately to very well. For instance I was surprise when i learn't that a staff in my children school earns above N260K. Other category of staff including teachers are well paid and they are fed at least once a day. This even better than most oil services companies in Lagos and PH.
interesting!

Please sir can you help refer me to get a placement there?

I'm a fresh graduate who came out top of his class

B.sc Geography and planning

I had some experience as a private tutor (physical and online) and class -room teacher

I can take Geography, Economics, English language and some other basics subjects.

Thanks in anticipation!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by aparata: 4:02pm On Jun 13, 2021
Bfree Africa, Loan recovery compaby for fairmoney and branch,they use to be in Oregun now in Ilupeju, they employ and sack you same month, one useless guy dey call Chuks and one Afi whether na Germany he come from or where dey call that one Julian, they use people like rag. They will even make you resign your job to join them but you won't last one month, they recruit almost everyday, people should beware of where they go to seek for job. Some or destiny killers and time wasters

4 Likes

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by hefelove(m): 11:22am On Sep 12, 2021
This thread should continue abeg
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by hefelove(m): 11:27am On Sep 12, 2021
Trunaijian:
Its thread like this that makes me visit Nairaland regularly.

This is mind blowing. Lets keep mentioning thier names.

AIICO Insurance is slavery. Worked there soon after my service year. No pay, just commission selling insurance to Nigerians who dont give a hoot about insurance.

Left without even informing them. I just stopped coming to work. I didnt call. They didnt call.
Bastards!

Lmaooooooooo grin

1 Like

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by dgreatyen(m): 10:38pm On Sep 12, 2021
Dreamworks global logistics.......dey Kee people's dream, na every day dey recruit staff as per every week staffs must leave even with the peanut as salary the owner go still frustrate your life...very toxic environment to start a career.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by Donaluta(m): 2:16pm On Sep 14, 2021
farady:

That school go be salvation ministries school.. that school dey pay well
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by Donaluta(m): 2:17pm On Sep 14, 2021
Chokmah dey pay staffs well.. even security guys naa spy police... Them dey chop pass normal police .. that school dey pay staffs well
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by IfunanyaEsther9: 4:54pm On Sep 14, 2021
Sooooooooo True, been there

E.g Color sense.

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by segeranking(m): 5:23pm On Oct 04, 2021
Do you wish to die young? Apply to work with promasidor as a contract staff. A very terrible place to work. No progression is sure for you except you know the production manager called Mr Quadri. Wicked human being whose only affection is for the white guys that runs the company. Infact he is the younger brother to FFK.

4 Likes

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by Harmonic: 11:42pm On Oct 06, 2021
Raedial Farms Limited

Toxic work culture

Poor work environment (highly remote bush with no mobile network, no good office, dilapidated accommodation for staff)

Delays in salary payment usually pays half salary

Poor salary scale.

Highly indebted

Micro Managers

They don't provide employees with the needed tools to work but always blame employees for not delivering.

It's a one Man business/ Family business run by Husband and Wife.

Your destiny will hate you if join the company.

No Health Insurance, no Life assurance, job related injury is at your own cost even if you are a factory worker.

They will deceive you with attractive salary, pretend to be an angel just for you to join them. Immediately you join them the game changes, your salary will be slashed and you will be subjected to inhumane treatment. You will regret the day you were born.

Misleading official website with false contents with the aim of deceiving investors and unsuspecting employees.

The most miserable set of management.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by Cuteimma1(m): 12:43pm On Dec 14, 2021
following
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by Idrismusty97(m): 1:24pm On Dec 17, 2021
Went through all 19 pages of this thread and suddenly i am not that eager to work anymore. Better to be jobless than doing some of these work. Glad i have had experience with one more companies earlier in my life and avoid them like a plague. I just finish NYSC and will take my time to look for a good job, if water pass garri i will have no choice than to go learn a skill.

5 Likes

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by AGIDAPETER(m): 8:47pm On Dec 17, 2021
SIMS Nigeria Limited is another Israelites in Egypt company, the ware house managers are some thing else Especially Alex the warehouse account manager, this pple you go work your entire life you no go progress dine, they are recruiting always if you were newly employed person like Alex they will be watching you to fail or do a mistake so that na them go be the first to report to the chairman on your failure in stead of correcting you, and if you fuckup tell them you want to resigned your appointment this Alex will frustrate you so that you don't get paid. if you like waste your entire life working there you have noting to go home with. this pple are monitoring spirit, two of my guys were sacked last week for fighting to be honest they were jubilating instead.

3 Likes

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by Kayz05(m): 5:06am On Feb 18, 2022
AGIDAPETER:
SIMS Nigeria Limited is another Israelites in Egypt company, the ware house managers are some thing else Especially Alex the warehouse account manager, this pple you go work your entire life you no go progress dine, they are recruiting always if you were newly employed person like Alex they will be watching you to fail or do a mistake so that na them go be the first to report to the chairman on your failure in stead of correcting you, and if you fuckup tell them you want to resigned your appointment this Alex will frustrate you so that you don't get paid. if you like waste your entire life working there you have noting to go home with. this pple are monitoring spirit, two of my guys were sacked last week for fighting to be honest they were jubilating instead.

Please what was your job role there and how well do they pay in salary?
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by Humbleamanda(f): 8:26am On Feb 19, 2022
Who knows about Agary pharmaceutical company in Amuwo Odofin Lagos

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

Police Interview Invite..let's Meet Here / NBC Aptitude Test Invitation / Does anyone know a thing about CF LEAD?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.