Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,935 members, 7,952,770 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 11:42 PM

What Is The Simplest Word You Forgot To Spell In An Exam Hall? - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Is The Simplest Word You Forgot To Spell In An Exam Hall? (22528 Views)

Different Types Of Students You Will Meet In An Exam Hall (meme Collection) / Student Caught With 'Expo' In Glass Case In Exam Hall / Different Types Of Students You Will Meet In An Exam Hall - Meme Collection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Simplest Word You Forgot To Spell In An Exam Hall? by centboy123456(m): 6:57am On Sep 02, 2018
yettymuse:
It... cheesy grin cheesy... I spelt 'hit' 'heat' and 'eat'

hahahahaha so funny Bae happy Sunday I hope you are going to church today
Re: What Is The Simplest Word You Forgot To Spell In An Exam Hall? by centboy123456(m): 6:58am On Sep 02, 2018
Jacqueline22:
Lol I remembered vividly Instead of “any” I keep spelling (eny).

nice boobs
Re: What Is The Simplest Word You Forgot To Spell In An Exam Hall? by centboy123456(m): 7:03am On Sep 02, 2018
Youngados:
I asked a friend to spell "is" for me during chemistry practicals. SSCE. 1990. GSS Kaf.

1990 good morning sir
Re: What Is The Simplest Word You Forgot To Spell In An Exam Hall? by kripen(m): 7:08am On Sep 02, 2018
my was to spell Aunty I was spelling Anty.
Re: What Is The Simplest Word You Forgot To Spell In An Exam Hall? by jericco1(m): 7:20am On Sep 02, 2018
guarantee
Re: What Is The Simplest Word You Forgot To Spell In An Exam Hall? by qanda: 7:28am On Sep 02, 2018
Mine was not a word. It was a definition.. I had study very hard for the exam. after a few minutes of trying to recall the definition. I decided to just put pen on paper, without thinking, I was able to recall the definition... its one of those memorable exam days in my records...

Have you heard about Q and A App - A platform for sourcing study materials and Past Questions and Answers for Job Test, Professional Exams and Career resources. Most of the available materials are free.

Q and A App – New Resources Alert
-KPMG Job Test Questions and Answers
-NLNG Job Test Questions and Answers
-Total Petroleum Job Test Questions and Answers
Don’t have Q and A App installed on your phone yet? – don’t be left out.
Download Q and A App from Playstore
Re: What Is The Simplest Word You Forgot To Spell In An Exam Hall? by Edopesin: 7:34am On Sep 02, 2018
mine was "Awkward", during my essay writing in WAEC grin I kept on writing aukward then I erased it and finally settled with akward

1 Like

Re: What Is The Simplest Word You Forgot To Spell In An Exam Hall? by viktohmarkz(m): 7:56am On Sep 02, 2018
exam na bastardized shit.
my friend was begging everyone to help him spell "IS" funny enough he was like "Abeg help me spell I-S IS for me abeg" it took a teacher's intervention to convince him that he was correct.
Re: What Is The Simplest Word You Forgot To Spell In An Exam Hall? by wabbyland(m): 8:12am On Sep 02, 2018
mine was a very simple red. I was writing "rad" and my mind was telling me it was wrong but I no fit remember. I almost cried that day
Re: What Is The Simplest Word You Forgot To Spell In An Exam Hall? by BigBlackPrick(m): 8:39am On Sep 02, 2018
I spelt "news" as "nius". Smh
Re: What Is The Simplest Word You Forgot To Spell In An Exam Hall? by AgbajeRichyBaba(m): 8:48am On Sep 02, 2018
Cool then

Where instead of were
Re: What Is The Simplest Word You Forgot To Spell In An Exam Hall? by MYGRATEskillz(m): 9:22am On Sep 02, 2018
Hence o... This "heinze" kept coming to me

1 Like

Re: What Is The Simplest Word You Forgot To Spell In An Exam Hall? by sholay2011(m): 9:25am On Sep 02, 2018
"But"
Re: What Is The Simplest Word You Forgot To Spell In An Exam Hall? by chasteman(m): 10:21am On Sep 02, 2018
*are*
Re: What Is The Simplest Word You Forgot To Spell In An Exam Hall? by Optimisticgondy(m): 10:37am On Sep 02, 2018
"surprise"...wasted over 3 mins on it and eventually, I wrote "suprice" grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Is The Simplest Word You Forgot To Spell In An Exam Hall? by McBrooklyn(m): 10:46am On Sep 02, 2018
Lol...
Re: What Is The Simplest Word You Forgot To Spell In An Exam Hall? by Rtopzy(f): 11:06am On Sep 02, 2018
qreem231:
It was "WAS" o. I was telling my guy sitting next to me to help me spell W A S , was, dude kept looking at me like WTF! Lol
Same as mine........ 'WAS' ..... I was totally lost nd confused on how to spell it.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Simplest Word You Forgot To Spell In An Exam Hall? by flordz2002(m): 11:08am On Sep 02, 2018
it was occurrence it happened in a post utme with 25 min I wasted my time I eventually spelt it wrong it costed me 4marks mehn it pained me o
Re: What Is The Simplest Word You Forgot To Spell In An Exam Hall? by DONADAMS(m): 11:19am On Sep 02, 2018
Lol..mine was "was" and "their " ...I tried tried and tried..e no come
Re: What Is The Simplest Word You Forgot To Spell In An Exam Hall? by Consula: 11:19am On Sep 02, 2018
ernesterioo:
Examination tension is evil. What is the simplest word you have ever forgotten to spell in an exam hall?

Mine was ‘woman been’ instead of ‘human being’ av submitted my script before I remember d rubbish I wrote�����

I couldn't spell "is" .............Lol. That was GCE 1998, I came in late for the English paper and barely had enough time to do the letter writing part.
Till date i still look back on that event and have a good laugh with my Children.
Re: What Is The Simplest Word You Forgot To Spell In An Exam Hall? by walexy06(m): 11:28am On Sep 02, 2018
Exam.... couldn't spell exams.
Re: What Is The Simplest Word You Forgot To Spell In An Exam Hall? by DONADAMS(m): 11:30am On Sep 02, 2018
Andrez123:
I wrote 'thier' instead of 'their' then canceled it a few moments later, the funny thing was that I had to think about it for a lil bit. grin
Lol..this one dey do me wella..especially when typing on phone..thank God for spell checker

1 Like

Re: What Is The Simplest Word You Forgot To Spell In An Exam Hall? by DONADAMS(m): 11:37am On Sep 02, 2018
11doubledee:
"Thier" instead of "Their" Guys please help me check,i still no sure whether I correct. grin grin grin grin
Lol..I can perfectly relate to this

1 Like

Re: What Is The Simplest Word You Forgot To Spell In An Exam Hall? by DONADAMS(m): 11:59am On Sep 02, 2018
predatorX:

Bro you just brought back old memories. grin grin grin

It all happens during examination period. I remember reading Electric field theory for three days stretch with sleep deprivation.

On D-day i was super-saturated, supposedly with solutions to every manner of questions the examiner could fathom, and ready to start yelling "extra-sheet", "extra-sheet". The sitting position in our exam halls were always in two's. One person at both extremes of the bench, in pairs of Odd and Even numbers. Therefore since my matric number ended in 120, i always expected 118 to be directly infront of me. And 118(a lady) was unlike me who did things in a rush. She was always very meticulous and always played by the rules. Firstly, she writes her Name & Mat Number before opening the questions booklet and always makes it a duty upon herself to remind me to do same every time we were about to submit our answer scripts. So she was like a guardian angel to me.

I was always fond of attempting questions first then writing my name and mat number last due to over-confidence, and on D-day, the over-confidence level was not different. Unfortunately, the invigilator came up with a nuclear option in terms of seating arrangement. Unlike the previous arrangement where we enter in a single file and position ourselves systematically, He was just swinging people with the fling of his hand like he was orchestrating in an opera theatre. I just wanted to download my "cramming" onto the answer booklet and heave a sigh of relief so badly that i didn't realize that my '118' had disappeared from my 12 o'clock.

After numerous yells of "extra-sheet", i was satisfied with the thickness of my answer booklet. Then, i stood up to submit thirty minutes earlier.
As i left the exam hall to wait for my other "olodo" course-mates, my "118" came out twenty-five minutes after. Upon sighting me, the first words on her lips were "se o ko matric number re? - did you write your matric number?". Believe me i felt terror, cold, nausea, vertigo, light-headed, confused everything all at once. See me who finished first started rushing back to the exam hall when everybody was filing out with different expressions faces.

Now it was the turn of the invigilator. I tried explaining to him that it was a mistake but he insisted that he gave everyone five minutes to write down their details before the commencement of the exam. I didn't know when i started crying because the man was one Saddistic Teblik Alfa whose trouser never ever met his ankles. I cried because i imagined an automatic extra year despite all my extra-sheets. I begged this man for two whole hours but nothing(some people think they are god).

All scripts were usually taken to the Dean's office after the examination for collation before redistributing to the examiner and i knew this was my only chance. The Secretary to the dean was very familiar so i just explained everything to her and "settled" her small change. She gave me 15 minutes to enter the vault to search for my script which was very dangerous because she could lose her job and i could get rusticated. Omo as i entered, it was as if i was in a post-office with tonnes of bound papers. Time was not my friend this time because i was counting every second of the 15 minute in my brain while poring through the sea of answer papers.

To cut it short, i found my year and department and to my dismay, i found my script with my name and Mat No. written boldly. At first, i thought an angel must have done that but having looked closely again, i confirmed my handwriting.

I finished a 3-hour paper which started by 1pm in two and half hours but all my travails ended around 7pm. #MINDGAMES

Lol...this one don do me oh..I was contemplating whether I wrote my matric no after submission..it wasn't funny at all

1 Like

Re: What Is The Simplest Word You Forgot To Spell In An Exam Hall? by zomu(m): 12:55pm On Sep 02, 2018
My bother na 'use' oo.and it was inside exam hall.
Re: What Is The Simplest Word You Forgot To Spell In An Exam Hall? by ridonebabat(m): 1:01pm On Sep 02, 2018
It was funny that day in exam hall, i wanted it write Bury, but i couldn't remember. i was writing BERY but i knew it wasn't correct. For like 2mins, i was busy racking my brain until when my brain eventually woke up.
Re: What Is The Simplest Word You Forgot To Spell In An Exam Hall? by Nobody: 1:12pm On Sep 02, 2018
Mine was "In other" instead of "in order". it was a terrible experience.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Simplest Word You Forgot To Spell In An Exam Hall? by muffyt05: 1:31pm On Sep 02, 2018
I remember that day clearly,was writing WAEC and the subject was Geography. It was the day the village people chosed to strike. Spelling Nigeria became a problem, scribbled the spelling severally at the back of my question paper without getting the actual spelling. After wasting so much time,had to swallow my pride and asked the girl sitting next to me and the girl was like "are joking or what"?
Funniest thing is,no matter how hard you try to remember the real spelling,it'll never come but the moment you step out of the hall,you go come begin remember. Exam tension na really bad thing
Re: What Is The Simplest Word You Forgot To Spell In An Exam Hall? by ugybabe2020(f): 1:32pm On Sep 02, 2018
Mine was " wrong" i was spelling " rong"
Re: What Is The Simplest Word You Forgot To Spell In An Exam Hall? by OPTIMUSPRIME08: 1:37pm On Sep 02, 2018
engees001:
lol..are u an esutite?
lol, no bro
Re: What Is The Simplest Word You Forgot To Spell In An Exam Hall? by goodies4life(f): 2:40pm On Sep 02, 2018
'IS'
Re: What Is The Simplest Word You Forgot To Spell In An Exam Hall? by sleekdre: 3:41pm On Sep 02, 2018
If

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Which Universities Offer Marine Engineering In Nigeria? / Chukwununso Nomeh, Prisoner Is NOUN Overall Best PG Student In Enugu / Protest At Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma Over School Fees Increment (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.