Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,160 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:09 PM

What Is The Simplest Word You Forgot To Spell In An Exam Hall? - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Is The Simplest Word You Forgot To Spell In An Exam Hall? (22234 Views)

Different Types Of Students You Will Meet In An Exam Hall (meme Collection) / Student Caught With 'Expo' In Glass Case In Exam Hall / Different Types Of Students You Will Meet In An Exam Hall - Meme Collection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Simplest Word You Forgot To Spell In An Exam Hall? by rickyboss333: 10:56pm On Sep 01, 2018
"CODE", I couldnt spell the word code.

it was my final year exam, second semester and i was writing a departmental course, CIE 502, Reinforced Concrete design II, and it was about the second to the last paper before I could proudly drop my pen and call my self a graduate. I had this click back then, 6 of us, we had this formation, 2-3-1, myself and Emeka were the strikers from which the answers came from, I was playing 9 and emeka was my supporting striker, the other 3 midfielders behind us would rally around for more answers in situations when the goals become difficult to come by cos I hate to beg especially for answers but I loved helping, and emeka was d very shy type, but I choose him to support me cos he is doesnt just copy what i write but also makes sure that wat i was writing was without error probably due to rushing, and would always call my attention if he spots any mistake, unlike the rest of the guys who doesnt even care if its correct or not or the other one whom is quite brilliant too but would only correct his own work and leave us to our misfortune. he will never let u copy directly from his work like i did but instead prefers to read it out to u thereby changing one or 2 things so that his is more accurate.

so this particular paper was that type of exam where we are allowed to come with BS codes so it we where made to sit one per seat. the only way i could supply answers to emeka was to write it out in my question paper and swap it with him.

about 15 minutes to go, there was this lecture, I would never forget her name, a divorcee and an extra ordinary award woman, she came close to me, and finding me writing in my question paper, she took it from me then went to emeka to check, saw that we were cooperating and then....suweeeeer, suweeeer, tore my answer booklet and that of Emeka.

my God, it was like a dream to me, for complete 10 minutes i wasnt in this world anymore. i never had a carry over so why would this b d first now, in my final yr second semester. so there and then i started thinking about my extra yr, what i was going to tell my family, how i was going to lie to my dad, how much i was going to collect for school fees, house rent, where i was going to live, courses i would drop and add so to make up the minimum unit and all. emeka dropped his head on d desk and cried. he too had not recorded an F. my other clicks having seen wat happend stopped writing imediately and where consoling emeka.

another lecture came by and asked what happend, I could even speak. friends explained to him and he felt so sorry for us. they all knew that lecturer was weird and must have some sanity problems. so he brought new script for us and compelled us to start afresh as fast as we could. lol, my dear by that time my brain was no longer in order, it was formatted, i was totally confused and didnt even know where to start, the lecture allowed my other clicks to read out the answers codedly for us to write. emeka couldn't even write, he was in great shock, one of us had to pick up courage to write for him.

it was at that point when i was trying to write, i needed to draw a table with the first column labeled "CODE", my dear I started that word with the letter " K", I couldn't even spell the word, lolz, they had to bring the booklet to me directly to copy from since the hall was getting rowdy and it was about time to submit.

thanks guys 4 finding time to read thru my litle experience, i would have love to tell u how it all ended but i wouldnt want to take any more of ur time.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Simplest Word You Forgot To Spell In An Exam Hall? by Liverpoolfc(m): 10:58pm On Sep 01, 2018
I forgot my mat no in 400L during pharmacology exam. I tried several times to remember it but I couldn't. The lecturer just said idiot check your student Id card. When he saw the no of times I have cancealed the mat no I hv written and no space to even write the correct one. Tension is bad.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Simplest Word You Forgot To Spell In An Exam Hall? by heinrichy(m): 11:02pm On Sep 01, 2018
Up till now Afonja Professor don't know how to spell"AIR" they keep Spelling "HAIR" instead

1 Like

Re: What Is The Simplest Word You Forgot To Spell In An Exam Hall? by naijatruth: 11:03pm On Sep 01, 2018
Is a funny experience...Mine was "OUR" I kept spelling it front and back... even when I got it, I will erase it and continued battling with the spelling . Even as I ask the next guy, he accused me of distracting him by trick.
Re: What Is The Simplest Word You Forgot To Spell In An Exam Hall? by alukstea(m): 11:05pm On Sep 01, 2018
Struggled to spell "Relish" used "Realize" instead lol felt so bad laterwards cause it gave the sentence a diff meaning ...

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Simplest Word You Forgot To Spell In An Exam Hall? by ItzTigrex(f): 11:05pm On Sep 01, 2018
Instead of "that" i spelt "dat" in my WAEC... and i was actually writing an essay... Gush! i felt so disappointed after d exam Instead of "that" i spelt "dat" in my WAEC... and i was actually writing an essay... Gush! i felt so disappointed after d exam
Re: What Is The Simplest Word You Forgot To Spell In An Exam Hall? by Liverpoolfc(m): 11:05pm On Sep 01, 2018
rickyboss333:
"CODE", I couldnt spell the word code.

it was my final year exam, second semester and i was writing a departmental course, CIE 502, Reinforced Concrete design II, and it was about the second to the last paper before I could proudly drop my pen and call my self a graduate. I had this click back then, 6 of us, we had this formation, 2-3-1, myself and Emeka were the strikers from which the answers came from, I was playing 9 and emeka was my supporting striker, the other 3 midfielders behind us would rally around for more answers in situations when the goals become difficult to come by cos I hate to beg especially for answers but I loved helping, and emeka was d very shy type, but I choose him to support me cos he is doesnt just copy what i write but also makes sure that wat i was writing was without error probably due to rushing, and would always call my attention if he spots any mistake, unlike the rest of the guys who doesnt even care if its correct or not or the other one whom is quite brilliant too but would only correct his own work and leave us to our misfortune. he will never let u copy directly from his work like i did but instead prefers to read it out to u thereby changing one or 2 things so that his is more accurate.

so this particular paper was that type of exam where we are allowed to come with BS codes so it we where made to sit one per seat. the only way i could supply answers to emeka was to write it out in my question paper and swap it with him.

about 15 minutes to go, there was this lecture, I would never forget her name, a divorcee and an extra ordinary award woman, she came close to me, and finding me writing in my question paper, she took it from me then went to emeka to check, saw that we were cooperating and then....suweeeeer, suweeeer, tore my answer booklet and that of Emeka.

my God, it was like a dream to me, for complete 10 minutes i wasnt in this world anymore. i never had a carry over so why would this b d first now, in my final yr second semester. so there and then i started thinking about my extra yr, what i was going to tell my family, how i was going to lie to my dad, how much i was going to collect for school fees, house rent, where i was going to live, courses i would drop and add so to make up the minimum unit and all. emeka dropped his head on d desk and cried. he too had not recorded an F. my other clicks having seen wat happend stopped writing imediately and where consoling emeka.

another lecture came by and asked what happend, I could even speak. friends explained to him and he felt so sorry for us. they all knew that lecturer was weird and must have some sanity problems. so he brought new script for us and compelled us to start afresh as fast as we could. lol, my dear by that time my brain was no longer in order, it was formatted, i was totally confused and didnt even know where to start, the lecture allowed my other clicks to read out the answers codedly for us to write. emeka couldn't even write, he was in great shock, one of us had to pick up courage to write for him.

it was at that point when i was trying to write, i needed to draw a table with the first column labeled "CODE", my dear I started that word with the letter " K", I couldn't even spell the word, lolz, they had to bring the booklet to me directly to copy from since the hall was getting rowdy and it was about time to submit.

thanks guys 4 finding time to read thru my litle experience, i would have love to tell u how it all ended but i wouldnt want to take any more of ur time.
take my time and tell only me

1 Like

Re: What Is The Simplest Word You Forgot To Spell In An Exam Hall? by TruthHurts100: 11:12pm On Sep 01, 2018
Two and Bury in a scrabble game.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Simplest Word You Forgot To Spell In An Exam Hall? by predatorX: 11:15pm On Sep 01, 2018
It was in an examination hall. The invigilator yelled............. "five minutes more"!!!!

Come and see tension in English Language, I could not spell the common pronoun "IT" and was begging my friends to help but they all started laughing, They didn't know i was dead serious. It was a babe that helped me with it.
Re: What Is The Simplest Word You Forgot To Spell In An Exam Hall? by shibanbo(m): 11:17pm On Sep 01, 2018
Mine was our I was busy spelling awa
Re: What Is The Simplest Word You Forgot To Spell In An Exam Hall? by DEIFIED(m): 11:20pm On Sep 01, 2018
last35:
OUR!!

I wanted to cry that day grin
This was thesame word that gave me problem in an exam hall, I was still in junior secondary school then. even if I forget any other world now, there is no way I can forget "OUR".

1 Like

Re: What Is The Simplest Word You Forgot To Spell In An Exam Hall? by SortOut: 11:26pm On Sep 01, 2018
is....still can't believe I forgot

1 Like

Re: What Is The Simplest Word You Forgot To Spell In An Exam Hall? by Onyenna(m): 11:44pm On Sep 01, 2018
dtruth50:
whch kind lie be this?

Hmmm... E be like you never jam!....

Mine was "WAS" ooh!..

I spent over 10mins back then is JSS2 trying to spell "was" in exam hall.... Damn!... I had to ask someone to help me out!!.... I just can't explain what happened that day!... It was like "juju"....
Re: What Is The Simplest Word You Forgot To Spell In An Exam Hall? by tommylee(m): 11:45pm On Sep 01, 2018
YET
I was doing my final paper in year 4 and I couldn't spell the word "Yet" I kept pronouncing it but I couldn't spell it lol�������������������
Re: What Is The Simplest Word You Forgot To Spell In An Exam Hall? by OCTAVO: 11:46pm On Sep 01, 2018
I was in primary 2.

Mine was "YES"... Mehn, I completely forgot the spelling o. I kept writing different nonsense "EYS" "SEY". Thankfully, we were still using pencil then. I erased my paper until it turned black and eventually that spot tore.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Simplest Word You Forgot To Spell In An Exam Hall? by Dearlord(m): 11:46pm On Sep 01, 2018
mine was WHITE.
I almost pee on my short . I was telling my teacher that the word was never written in dictionary.
Re: What Is The Simplest Word You Forgot To Spell In An Exam Hall? by Arkmanbuddy(m): 11:57pm On Sep 01, 2018
At some point during an exam, I totally forgot how to spell "OUR", it took me several seconds to pull my acts together to be able to write it.
Re: What Is The Simplest Word You Forgot To Spell In An Exam Hall? by 11doubledee: 12:09am On Sep 02, 2018
placeofallure:
I don't intend to be immodest really but I've never had cause to struggle with spelling generally. That's my area of specialty since my elementary school days.
Being modest or immodest.There has to be an instance.
I'd rather suggest that you should be honest.
Or better still, let us know when you remember.
Re: What Is The Simplest Word You Forgot To Spell In An Exam Hall? by rickyboss333: 12:09am On Sep 02, 2018
Liverpoolfc:
take my time and tell only me

lolz... am happy u probably enjoyed my litle story.

well, after i was able to answer 2 questions out of five, so i submitted. deep down in my spirit, I was so troubled, my cgpa was around 3.7 something and knew any F or low grade os likely to bring me down to 2². i thought to myself...was it not better to have an extra year buying you some time to make up for my second class upper than graduate now with a second class lower cos i knew even if i failed the course, there was still a possibility for me to apply for a waver and may be considered since i had no previous carry over, so I thought.

the next day, i went to meet my course adviser to wave some courses out from my second semester and be left with the minimum acceptable unit and move the rest for an extra semester. at the time, we hadnt submited our course forms it could be possible. unfortunately, my course adviser told me that hence it was a sexond sememster exam, the department had recently resolved that any carry over gotten in second semester would also mean the student would not be allowed to write project and sibce project happens to be a 6 unit course on its own, shared into the first and second semester, then the student must do a complete extra year. my God, i felt my head so light that i felt i was going to slump. it was there and then i believed and understood why the stories of student slumping and dieing in their final year occurred. i couldnt feel my body any longer as i quickly sat down, holding the table real tight. he continued and said even if i was ready to take that risk, i would have to wait until the results where out. he was just trying to save himself from unnecessary stress and trouble.

so i left his office and prayed for a miracle to happen. a day after that, it was my final paper. we where all seated as usual and the exam commenced. the paper happend to be a course that was partly taught by that witch of a lecturer. 50 minutes into the exam, i saw the woman walked into the hall, walking around as if she was looking for someone. i didnt even bother about her cos she reminded me of my current predicament and i needed to concentrate on the problem at hand. i wasnt bothered because i knew i wasnt writing on my question paper so i just focused on my exam.

suddenly, a finger tapped me from behind and asked, "I believe u were the one I tore his paper during the last exam?". Gush I was scared and at the same time happy. i was happy because i felt maybe she was going to tell me i have been pardoned and have been asked to rewrite that paper or something. i was also scared because i felt she might want to give me personal tackle, which would have been my doom because, I had almost finished woth the calculative part of the question, i was very good at calculations and i hated anything theoretical or defining or explaining, i wasnt a good crammer and lecturers would always give their scripts to students to mark with instructions that if the definition or explanation is exactly as seen in the marking sheet, should be marked wrong.

i had already supplied my other team mates morethan half of the answers i had written, infact the match was going really fine as 3 of the questions where calculations and the other two where theoretical. so i was trying to complete the 3rd and then wait for my team mates to supply me the theoretical part of the answer since they focused on that as agreed in the strategy. so i answered "yes ma". she said ok and walked away. for a moment i pondered what the woman was up to but couldnt get hold of any idea. so continued my exam.

5 minutes later, lo and behold, i saw this woman from the back door, carrying a single seat on her head, walking towards the podium, then dropped the seat at the center, walked towards me, dragged my papers, putting them ontop of the seat and then..." Oya, hanlele!", she said to me, pointing towards the podium. Chai my God, what have i done to this woman for crying out loud. immediately she uttered the words, lol my guy shouted "cheiiiiiii!!!, e don be na!", lol.

i smiled, and walked towards the podium, and then sat down. i looked from there towards my guys, i saw them putting their hands on their heads, one of them just simply relaxed, spreading his legs and hand wide, like he is finished, lol. so the exam came and went.

well, to conclude the whole story, the result came back and i got an E, for the that exam my script was thorn, a B for the final paper and ended up with a 3.67 cgpa, graduating with my mates and going for service barely few months after of project defence.

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Simplest Word You Forgot To Spell In An Exam Hall? by sharpwriter(m): 12:48am On Sep 02, 2018
dtruth50:
whch kind lie be this?

Why would you think it is a lie? Because e never do yu before abi? I went to a catholic school in my secondary school days, and I remembered that the Reverend Father, an igbo man in charge of the religious activities in our school told us the same thing about himself. He said he couldn't remember the word ''IS'' during an exam. He was actually using ''es'' and ''eis.'' We were all laughing that day. He said he was mad and unsettled during that exam. cheesy cheesy cheesy So bro. things happen in the world; do not doubt just because you have never witnessed such before.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Simplest Word You Forgot To Spell In An Exam Hall? by predatorX: 12:53am On Sep 02, 2018
Liverpoolfc:
I forgot my mat no in 400L during pharmacology exam. I tried several times to remember it but I couldn't. The lecturer just said idiot check your student Id card. When he saw the no of times I have cancealed the mat no I hv written and no space to even write the correct one. Tension is bad.

Bro you just brought back old memories. grin grin grin

It all happens during examination period. I remember reading Electric field theory for three days stretch with sleep deprivation.

On D-day i was super-saturated, supposedly with solutions to every manner of questions the examiner could fathom, and ready to start yelling "extra-sheet", "extra-sheet". The sitting position in our exam halls were always in two's. One person at both extremes of the bench, in pairs of Odd and Even numbers. Therefore since my matric number ended in 120, i always expected 118 to be directly infront of me. And 118(a lady) was unlike me who did things in a rush. She was always very meticulous and always played by the rules. Firstly, she writes her Name & Mat Number before opening the questions booklet and always makes it a duty upon herself to remind me to do same every time we were about to submit our answer scripts. So she was like a guardian angel to me.

I was always fond of attempting questions first then writing my name and mat number last due to over-confidence, and on D-day, the over-confidence level was not different. Unfortunately, the invigilator came up with a nuclear option in terms of seating arrangement. Unlike the previous arrangement where we enter in a single file and position ourselves systematically, He was just swinging people with the fling of his hand like he was orchestrating in an opera theatre. I just wanted to download my "cramming" onto the answer booklet and heave a sigh of relief so badly that i didn't realize that my '118' had disappeared from my 12 o'clock.

After numerous yells of "extra-sheet", i was satisfied with the thickness of my answer booklet. Then, i stood up to submit thirty minutes earlier.
As i left the exam hall to wait for my other "olodo" course-mates, my "118" came out twenty-five minutes after. Upon sighting me, the first words on her lips were "se o ko matric number re? - did you write your matric number?". Believe me i felt terror, cold, nausea, vertigo, light-headed, confused everything all at once. See me who finished first started rushing back to the exam hall when everybody was filing out with different expressions faces.

Now it was the turn of the invigilator. I tried explaining to him that it was a mistake but he insisted that he gave everyone five minutes to write down their details before the commencement of the exam. I didn't know when i started crying because the man was one Saddistic Teblik Alfa whose trouser never ever met his ankles. I cried because i imagined an automatic extra year despite all my extra-sheets. I begged this man for two whole hours but nothing(some people think they are god).

All scripts were usually taken to the Dean's office after the examination for collation before redistributing to the examiner and i knew this was my only chance. The Secretary to the dean was very familiar so i just explained everything to her and "settled" her small change. She gave me 15 minutes to enter the vault to search for my script which was very dangerous because she could lose her job and i could get rusticated. Omo as i entered, it was as if i was in a post-office with tonnes of bound papers. Time was not my friend this time because i was counting every second of the 15 minute in my brain while poring through the sea of answer papers.

To cut it short, i found my year and department and to my dismay, i found my script with my name and Mat No. written boldly. At first, i thought an angel must have done that but having looked closely again, i confirmed my handwriting.

I finished a 3-hour paper which started by 1pm in two and half hours but all my travails ended around 7pm. #MINDGAMES

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Simplest Word You Forgot To Spell In An Exam Hall? by predatorX: 12:57am On Sep 02, 2018
sharpwriter:

Why would you think it is a lie? Because e never do yu before abi? I went to a catholic school in my secondary school days, and I remembered that the Reverend Father, an igbo man in charge of the religious activities in our school told us the same thing about himself. He said he couldn't remember the word ''IS'' during an exam. He was actually using ''es'' and ''eis.'' We were all laughing that day. He said he was mad and unsettled during that exam. cheesy cheesy cheesy So bro. things happen in the world; do not doubt just because you have never witnessed such before.

Don't mind him. E neva happen to am before. It's called a brain block.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Simplest Word You Forgot To Spell In An Exam Hall? by Stazz(m): 1:16am On Sep 02, 2018
Bro I forgot the spelling the word "THE" it made me to skip that particular question,

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Simplest Word You Forgot To Spell In An Exam Hall? by quin9(f): 1:33am On Sep 02, 2018
IF...I can never forget that day in my life,I had to tell someone who was asking me for answer to spell if before I can answer him.
Re: What Is The Simplest Word You Forgot To Spell In An Exam Hall? by Princepitbull(m): 4:38am On Sep 02, 2018
The amazing word....... OUR........ Dealt with me. Lmao..... Hilarious ����
Re: What Is The Simplest Word You Forgot To Spell In An Exam Hall? by ChiChilolo(f): 6:06am On Sep 02, 2018
'Occasion' is mine. Even sometimes I'm like is it ocassion or occassion or ocassion

1 Like

Re: What Is The Simplest Word You Forgot To Spell In An Exam Hall? by oceandivee(m): 6:16am On Sep 02, 2018
It was so funny, as a medical student you do steeple chase from time to time, this was anatomy steeple chase. They asked for the analogue of clitoris in a man and the answers is penis but I couldn't spell, so funny that day cos my guys laughed me that I couldn't spell my own stuff

All these MODS, modifying people's statement up and down, I hope you know what sex education is, oga don modify the right thing to joystick....... I pity the future of this country with the number of hypocrites we have
Re: What Is The Simplest Word You Forgot To Spell In An Exam Hall? by ojsmscom(m): 6:19am On Sep 02, 2018
To Be the first to know about job vacancies and business/Investment opportunities in Nigeria LIKE OJNIGERIA here www.facebook.com/ojnigeria
Re: What Is The Simplest Word You Forgot To Spell In An Exam Hall? by centboy123456(m): 6:51am On Sep 02, 2018
last35:
OUR!!
I wanted to cry that day grin

lol really
Re: What Is The Simplest Word You Forgot To Spell In An Exam Hall? by Pololomaster(m): 6:54am On Sep 02, 2018
Any...... I just forget the spelling, cracking my head for like seconds... Not funny

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why Do Nigerian Higher Intitution Students Speak Pidgin Instead Of English? / As Minors, What Happens To The Students Who Tortured Sylvester If Found Guilty? / ASUU Leaders Assault Journalists In Minna Over Strike Report

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.