Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,604 members, 7,823,621 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:33 PM

Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. (22845 Views)

RE: Should Christian Eat Pig? Pig is not Kosher! / Should Christians Care About Physical Appearance? / Why Should Christians Pray For Those Who Hate Them? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by ola12(m): 9:45am On Sep 02, 2018
Nigeriabiafra80:
Christ Came to correct some Mosaic law, which was not going well, in heaven, Moses also said, if your wife commit adultery, throw her out and get another, Christ said is an adulttery to marry another wife because of an issue, what of the case of if ya neighbour slap you christ said turn the other cheek,moses said slap him back
Yh, d reason for the original mosaic laws were because God sensed that his people then were not ready to accept his actual "strict" laws, hence He gave them a diluted version through moses which Jesus Christ then changed.
The thing is, christains need to learn that we need to follow the new testament more in terms of laws and how to live, because Jesus Christ whom we serve lived in the new testament. If we however decide to follow the old testament more, we're not much different from judaists or some other religions.

Ps. Not necessarily replying to you, jst using what you said as a background
Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by Fariq: 9:48am On Sep 02, 2018
udemzyudex:

Hahaha, funny bro, this happened in 2014 bro and I know if it was the other way round something will definitely happen.
You need to hear the way he was saying it confidently.
Most of my friends are Muslim(70%), my boss is a Muslim and I also listen to some Muslim preachers on TV too, though I always avoid religious talk with them.

It cannot be true. Show us your proof. One thing about you guys, u thought Jesus is for you alone. Hell no. If truly you listen to Islamic preachers u will have know dat a Muslim don't insult Jesus because that's one of the pillars that make his Faith.

So you can construct another lie, may be that Muslim insult Christians (dis 1 might sell). But Muslim insult Jesus is unsellable.

Try harder

2 Likes

Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by modik(m): 9:50am On Sep 02, 2018
ola12:

Yh, d reason for the original mosaic laws were because God sensed that his people then were not ready to accept his actual "strict" laws, hence He gave them a diluted version through moses which Jesus Christ then changed.
The thing is, christains need to learn that we need to follow the new testament more in terms of laws and how to live, because Jesus Christ whom we serve lived in the new testament. If we however decide to follow the old testament more, we're not much different from judaists or some other religions.

Ps. Not necessarily replying to you, jst using what you said as a background

Please clarify:

Which of the Ten commandments did Jesus change?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by Firebomber: 9:52am On Sep 02, 2018
Fariq:

She should visit religious section? I guess this thread that make front page is in politics section.

The insult of Muslim to Christians is 1/100 compared to the insult of Christians directed to Muslims.

Lolz,

I guess you should use your brain, why will you use one tread to justify the activities of a whole section?

Lolz, well you people will stop having problem once you can admit that not all non Muslim are Christian.

I guess you cannot deny the fact that Christian is the most abuse religion in Nairaland, by your Muslim brothers and sisters and by atheist, why dont you visit religion section. Lolz

and please where did you get your statistics from?

1 Like

Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by ChiefSweetus: 9:52am On Sep 02, 2018
DEHVEHLOP:
How can a good xtian eat human?

PIGGIES I know are from Nnamdi Kalu country
grin grin grin grin
Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by chibjohn(m): 9:53am On Sep 02, 2018
lastempero:

What we defile a child of God is what comes out of his mouth.
Don't forget that God will destroy swine eaters. Isaiah 66:17
Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by nanauju(f): 9:57am On Sep 02, 2018
DEHVEHLOP:
[s]How can a good xtian eat human?

PIGGIES I know are from Nnamdi Kalu country[/s]

Give ursef a knock for this thrash u wrote

1 Like

Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by Fariq: 9:57am On Sep 02, 2018
[s]
Firebomber:

Lolz,

I guess you should use your brain, why will you use one tread to justify the activities of a whole section?

Lolz, well you people will stop having problem once you can admit that not all non Muslim are Christian.

I guess you cannot deny the fact that Christian is the most abuse religion in Nairaland, by your Muslim brothers and sisters and by atheist, why dont you visit religion section. Lolz

and please where did you get your statistics from?
[/s]

Islam is the most abuse religion on Nairaland. Hence suen add barrier 2 avoidinsult and derailment from u guys. Despite that some of u agreed to be Muslim on Nairaland just to spew your insult.

I don't care if atheist insult u guys. U should solve ur issues with atheist.

If not for cowardise, atheist (who are majorly ex Christians) insult you and in return you insult Muslims instead of facing them eye 2 eye.

2 Likes

Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by igbeolegun(m): 9:58am On Sep 02, 2018
We believe the bible to be the word of God, as long as it is translated correctly. Christ came to change some of the contents of the mosaic law. Pls try to marry
Acts:10: 10-16 as well as
1Tim4: 1-5 for emphasis.
fineboynl:
are Christian allowed to eat pigs? pig is regarded as unclean animal. Jesus send demons into pig -

The demons begged Jesus, 'If you drive us out, send us into the herd of pigs.' He said to them, 'Go!' So they came out and went into the pigs, and the whole herd rushed down the steep bank into the lake and died in the water.
-- Matthew 8:28-34.

The old testament also condemned eating pig

And the pig, because it has a cloven hoof that is completely split, but will not regurgitate its cud; it is unclean for you. You shall not eat of their flesh, and you shall not touch their carcasses; they are unclean for you.
—  Leviticus 11:7–8
Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by Horus(m): 9:58am On Sep 02, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pqNe9OiLW0

For you Christians, it is NOT okay to eat pork
Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by polite2(m): 10:00am On Sep 02, 2018
Sharpshooota:
It's Obviously a Christain thread

How come everyone is free to comment

It's not like this on Muslim threads?

What is this?

Modified... They are saying that Muslims don't insult Christians... The FTC guy Up there is a known Yoruba Muslim.. I think he's contribution on the thread passes as an insult
Seun and co plz take note and do the needful
Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by Firebomber: 10:02am On Sep 02, 2018
ireneidiva:

Just one? Go to a Muslim thread and see a lot from Christians.

lolz,

I can show you plenty of Muslim tread that made front page and Christian didn't made any comment on it. So what are you saying
Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by Nobody: 10:04am On Sep 02, 2018
I'm allergic to pork meat.

2 Likes

Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by lastempero: 10:04am On Sep 02, 2018
chibjohn:

Don't forget that God will destroy swine eaters. Isaiah 66:17

Old Testament things, you cant see such remarks in New Testament. It's just like sacrificing bullocks in New Testament which is not possible,our lord Jesus have already liberated us from such laws.
Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by EmeraldKing7(m): 10:12am On Sep 02, 2018
DEHVEHLOP:

After saying this u will blame the whites of being racist.Na waah oh
Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by win2kwire: 10:14am On Sep 02, 2018
The reason to or not to eat pig should be based on health and hygiene reasons not some fictitious god or religion you are infected with by your ancestors and their enslavers.

you Africans need to get a life,

1 Like

Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by troublemakea(m): 10:15am On Sep 02, 2018
donbachi:
No demon can survive nigerians cooking pots...dem go boil d demons comot

Lmao grin
Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by Firebomber: 10:16am On Sep 02, 2018
Fariq:
[s][/s]
Islam is the most abuse tribe on Nairaland. Hence suen add barrier 2 avoidinsult and derailment from u guys. Despite that some of u agreed to be Muslim on Nairaland just to spew your insult.
Lolz, well reality says otherwise, why dont you visit religion section. Well i can count many Muslim tread that make front page and still Christian didn't comment on it, but reverse is the case to you, every Sunday topic Muslim must insult or abuse Christianity,

and when did Islam become tribe?

Fariq:
[s][/s]
I don't care if atheist insult u guys. U should solve ur issues with atheist.

well i would have agree with you if only you people too resolve issue with atheist when they abuse you instead of draging Christian in to it. I saw your Islamic tread that was abuse on Friday i Personally check the historical comment of majority of the people that abuse it and they where atheist but you people are attacking them as if they are Christian, why dont you check the news that one of your guy posted about a Muslim that want to marry a Christian and confirm.

Fariq:
[s][/s]
If not for cowardise, atheist (who are majorly ex Christians) insult you and in return you insult Muslims instead of facing them eye 2 eye.

Lolz, atheist like ollah, Gotv and co right?

Because last i check they are co Muslim claiming to be Muslim, lolz

and mind you Muslim are the one so fun of using other people religious name to insult people, they will even claim to be Christian, have see that many time on nairaland here.
Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by DavidLion(m): 10:24am On Sep 02, 2018
helphelp:
The piggies wey dem cast demon into don die tey tey na.

These ones are fresh and void of any demon. Make dem sautee am well and make am tender. One bite and you will shout Jesus is Lord.

One of the most hilarious nairaland post ever����
Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by Firebomber: 10:28am On Sep 02, 2018
Fariq:

It cannot be true. Show us your proof. One thing about you guys, u thought Jesus is for you alone. Hell no. If truly you listen to Islamic preachers u will have know dat a Muslim don't insult Jesus because that's one of the pillars that make his Faith.

So you can construct another lie, may be that Muslim insult Christians (dis 1 might sell). But Muslim insult Jesus is unsellable.

Try harder

Nothing in a lie here, i live in southwest and the only thing your imam can teach you during last Ramadan is how to lie and insult Christian and Christian belief, in which you hardly see a pastor or church doing that.

Mind you, no one care about your clone version of Jesus but we will have problem when you start misquoteing my own Holy Bible to justify your clone version.

Or have you see Christian group misquoteing your quran to justify Their own Jesus Christ before?

Muslim have been insulting Jesus is the time of the establishment of your Islam by calling him a lier, so pack well.

Well YouTube is filled with a lot of prove so go and get one.

1 Like

Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by Fariq: 10:34am On Sep 02, 2018
Firebomber:

Lolz, well reality says otherwise, why dont you visit religion section. Well i can count many Muslim tread that make front page and still Christian didn't comment on it, but reverse is the case to you, every Sunday topic Muslim must insult or abuse Christianity,

Nope. Christian Don't comment on Islamic thread only if the thread does not have someone they can twist and insult Muslims. Even in such thread you still find one or 2 of them.

Muslim don't insult Christian get that straight and this is example of Sunday thread that we are in. You will never see a Muslim in ur thread calling Jesus names but in Islamic thread the reverse is the case. I am yet to see a single insult in this thread directed to Jesus neither the Christianity itself.

and when did Islam become tribe?

Mistake.

well i would have agree with you if only you people too resolve issue with atheist when they abuse you instead of draging Christian in to it. I saw your Islamic tread that was abuse on Friday i Personally check the historical comment of majority of the people that abuse it and they where atheist but you people are attacking them as if they are Christian, why dont you check the news that one of your guy posted about a Muslim that want to marry a Christian and confirm.

You did not see my Islamic thread rather you see an Islamic thread because I have not created any1.

Even where atheist attack Islam, it's minimal compared to what Christians does. And beside it may be difficult to some pple 2 distinguish sometimes between Christian and atheist. Because majority of them are ex Christians.

To get it straight u guys are mostly the troublemakers, u insult with no reason. Many of you are not even in the thread to engage in intellectual debate but just to insult.

Lolz, atheist like ollah, Gotv and co right?

Because last i check they are co Muslim claiming to be Muslim, lolz

and mind you Muslim are the one so fun of using other people religious name to insult people, they will even claim to be Christian, have see that many time on nairaland here.

No that's attitude of Christians not Muslim. One of u guys is something isaabubakar claiming Muslim.
Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by mubeela(m): 10:36am On Sep 02, 2018
DEHVEHLOP:

My thought
Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by donisaiah: 10:38am On Sep 02, 2018
Act 10:10-16

10:10 And he became very hungry, and would have eaten: but while they made ready, he fell into a trance,

10:11 And saw heaven opened, and a certain vessel descending upon him, as it had been a great sheet knit at the four corners, and let down to the earth

10:12 Wherein were all manner of fourfooted beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air,

10:13 And there came a voice to him, Rise, Peter; kill, and eat.

10:14 But Peter said, Not so, Lord; for I have never eaten any thing that is common or unclean.

10:15 And the voice spake unto him again the second time, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common.

10:16 This was done thrice: and the vessel was received up again into heaven.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by Buffalowings3(m): 10:42am On Sep 02, 2018
Propene:
PROBLEMS WITH PORK

1) A pig is a real garbage gut. It will eat anything including urine, excrement, dirt, decaying animal flesh, maggots, or decaying vegetables. They will even eat the cancerous growths off other pigs or animals.

2) The meat and fat of a pig absorbs toxins like a sponge. Their meat can be 30 times more toxic than beef or venison.

3) When eating beef or venison, it takes 8 to 9 hours to digest the meat so what little toxins are in the meat are slowly put into our system and can be filtered by the liver. But when pork is eaten, it takes only 4 hours to digest the meat. We thus get a much higher level of toxins within a shorter time.

4) Unlike other mammals, a pig does not sweat or perspire. Perspiration is a means by which toxins are removed from the body. Since a pig does not sweat, the toxins remain within its body and in the meat.

5) Pigs and swine are so poisonous that you can hardly kill them with strychnine or other poisons.

6) Farmers will often pen up pigs within a rattlesnake nest because the pigs will eat the snakes, and if bitten they will not be harmed by the venom.

7) When a pig is butchered, worms and insects take to its flesh sooner and faster than to other animal's flesh. In a few days the swine flesh is full of worms.

Swine and pigs have over a dozen parasites within them, such as tapeworms, flukes, worms, and trichinae. There is no safe temperature at which pork can be cooked to ensure that all these parasites, their cysts, and eggs will be killed.

9) Pig meat has twice as much fat as beef. A 3 oz T bone steak contains 8.5 grams of fat; a 3 oz pork chop contains 18 grams of fat. A 3 oz beef rib has 11.1 grams of fat; a 3 oz pork spare rib has 23.2 grams of fat.

10) Cows have a complex digestive system, having four stomachs. It thus takes over 24 hours to digest their vegetarian diet causing its food to be purified of toxins. In contrast, the swine's one stomach takes only about 4 hours to digest its foul diet, turning its toxic food into flesh.

11) The swine carries about 30 diseases which can be easily passed to humans. This is why God commanded that we are not even to touch their carcase (Leviticus 11:8 )

12) The trichinae worm of the swine is microscopically small, and once ingested can lodge itself in our intestines, muscles, spinal cord or the brain. This results in the disease trichinosis. The symptoms are sometimes lacking, but when present they are mistaken for other diseases, such as typhoid, arthritis, rheumatism, gastritis, MS, meningitis, gall bladder trouble, or acute alcoholism.

13) The pig is so poisonous and filthy, that nature had to prepare him a sewer line or canal running down each leg with an outlet in the bottom of the foot. Out of this hole oozes pus and filth his body cannot pass into its system fast enough. Some of this pus gets into the meat of the pig

A long write up doesn't mean you have sense
Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by newdawn2017(f): 10:43am On Sep 02, 2018
DEHVEHLOP:

Mr. develop,. but I see here d@ u re underdeveloped. how does dis senselessness in dis ur post add up? A mature & full grown adult like u, I pity ur intimate partner (wife). I am not 4rm igbo, not any of d major tribes of Nigeria. but u re such a pathetic & pale fellow... grow up.
Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by Buffalowings3(m): 10:44am On Sep 02, 2018
Horus:
Christians profess to be such devout followers of Jesus (Yashua), but they eat pork when Jesus (Yashua) NEVER did this. Remember in Mark 5 : 13 Jesus (Yashua) was the one who cast the devil into the swine. They use this saying "It's not what goes into a person, it's what comes out" to say they can eat pork. El's Holy Torah (known as the old testament) in Leviticus 11 : 7, 8 "And the swine, because it parts the hoof and is cloven-footed but does not chew the cud, is unclean to you.

8: Of their flesh you shall not eat, and their carcasses you shall not touch; they are unclean to you." This was a Law and nothing changes. Don't try and tell us that the book of Acts has made the consumption of pork lawful, because you want to justify the eating of pork. First of all the book of Acts was written by Luke and not a divinely inspired scripture, so it has little or no validity. In addition, Jesus (Yashua), said that "Not one jot or tittle" of the law would change. The book of Leviticus received by Moses contains the original laws.

Matthew 5 : 18
" For truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the law until all be fullfilled".

Now if Jesus (Yashua) said the law could not change, then why are you "Christians" still eating pork?

Eating pork is a concept of the 13th self Acclaimed Apostle Paul, the liar, himself admitted that he was changing the law. Romans 3 : 7 "For if the truth of God hath more abounded through my lie unto his glory; why yet am I also judged as a sinner?"

So Christians stop being hypocrites, you know that the law has not changed, besides you know little or nothing about
the filthy animal that you love to eat.

I think your headache should be about thousands of your youths who flirt with terrorism and not some folks' palatal choice
Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by Fundango: 10:44am On Sep 02, 2018
Solidkay:
Habba

so because they casted some evil spirits into some pigs in some 2000yrs ago means pigs are evil and therefore not to be consumed by humans.

No nah!! !!

Like for eat pig, share for no pig eating.

82 Likes 80,999,999,999,999 Sharesgrin
Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by Fariq: 10:47am On Sep 02, 2018
Firebomber:

Nothing in a lie here, i live in southwest and the only thing your imam can teach you during last Ramadan is how to lie and insult Christian and Christian belief, in which you hardly see a pastor or church doing that.

How to lie? How to insult Christian? Where and when let's see proof pls. Ramadan is month of quran. The majority of the teaching are Quran. So pls show us where when and video clip in the so called Southwest where in the last Ramadan a single imam was preaching how to lie, and how to insult Christians. I am waiting.

Mind you, no one care about your clone version of Jesus but we will have problem when you start misquoteing my own Holy Bible to justify your clone version.

Or have you see Christian group misquoteing your quran to justify Their own Jesus Christ before?

This is another issue different and not matter of insult. You considered our Jesus as clone and we will consider yours as clone also. Even the Bible itself to Muslim is God book which was altered by other pple. So Bible is not your book alone. You cannot claim we are misinterpreting your Bible when it's not yours.

Muslim have been insulting Jesus is the time of the establishment of your Islam by calling him a lier, so pack well.

Muslim don't insult Jesus get that. They may have quote a Bible verse that rediculed him. Example some Christian says he is god and he was crying calling God to save him on the Cross.

These are not insult. And it's not targeted at him but to does who taught he is god, here is he crying looking for God assistance.

Well YouTube is filled with a lot of prove so go and get one.

So I need to search YouTube. In the other case I will use same Nairaland we are debating with to show you how Christians insult prophet Muhammad pbum.

Muslim don't insult Jesus because Islam regard Jesus as a prophet. Anyone insulting him is out of Islam. Sameway some Muslim insult prophet Muhammad pbum it takes them out of Islam.
Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by generationz(f): 10:47am On Sep 02, 2018
ChiefSweetus:
grin grin grin grin
are you not IBO?
Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by AreaFada2: 10:51am On Sep 02, 2018
Solidkay:
Habba

so because they casted some evil spirits into some pigs in some 2000yrs ago means pigs are evil and therefore not to be consumed by humans.

No nah!! !!

Like for eat pig, share for no pig eating.

The school that guy went to needs to be probed. They did a very bad job. Unless he too has no WAEC certificate. grin cheesy

Jesus died that people may be liberated from all those uncleanliness stuff among others. For born again Christians, those ancient Mosaic taboos became obsolete upon death & resurrection of Christ.

1 Like

Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by Firebomber: 10:51am On Sep 02, 2018
Fariq:

Nope. Christian Don't comment on Islamic thread only if the thread does not have someone they can twist and insult Muslims. Even in such thread you still find one or 2 of them.

Muslim don't insult Christian get that straight and this is example of Sunday thread that we are in. You will never see a Muslim in ur thread calling Jesus names but in Islamic thread the reverse is the case. I am yet to see a single insult in this thread directed to Jesus neither the Christianity itself.

Mistake.

You did not see my Islamic thread rather you see an Islamic thread because I have not created any1.

Even where atheist attack Islam, it's minimal compared to what Christians does. And beside it may be difficult to some pple 2 distinguish sometimes between Christian and atheist. Because majority of them are ex Christians.

To get it straight u guys are mostly the troublemakers, u insult with no reason. Many of you are not even in the thread to engage in intellectual debate but just to insult.

No that's attitude of Christians not Muslim. One of u guys is something isaabubakar claiming Muslim.

Lolz, just see your life, you are using only this tread to justify the action of your Muslim peacefulness, lolz, i guess i should you those Muslim thread that Christian dont comment on to justify that Christian dont insult Muslim. Lolz

Lolz maybe i to should say that Muslim dont comment on Christian tread that dont have any pastor or belief to twist and insult, what a shame.

Some may not call Jesus name but they can call apostle Paul name, lol hypocrite

so because you cannot identify Them make you generalize The as Christian? Hmm interesting.

Lolz, trouble maker indeed Christian are not the one creating a tread and name it Jesus the slave of God, and started misquoteing Holy Bible to support it. Lolz,

"isaabubakar"

Lolz, I never see the guy insulting Islam before, or was it because he is against APC. Lolz

fact is both Muslim and Christian are insulting each other.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Watch Your Tongue, DSS Warns Apostle Suleman / Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues / In 70 Years Of RCCG; Have You Been To Redemption Camp?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.