Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,617 members, 7,816,541 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:53 PM

Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. (22818 Views)

RE: Should Christian Eat Pig? Pig is not Kosher! / Should Christians Care About Physical Appearance? / Why Should Christians Pray For Those Who Hate Them? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by fineboynl(m): 9:09am On Sep 02, 2018
they entered the pig in the first place because they are already regarded as unclean animals
Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by Sarkin: 9:11am On Sep 02, 2018
Sharpshooota:
It's Obviously a Christain thread

How come everyone is free to comment

It's not like this on Muslim threads?

What is this?
because of vile people like you

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by Ashley86400: 9:11am On Sep 02, 2018
I personally don't like pork because of the excess fat.
However, I suggest you look beyond the picture.
Jesus cast the demons into a herd if pigs. The keyword here is "herd".
Why would pigs be herded in the new testament if it wasn't for them to be reared as food. They're not like donkeys, or horses or camels. .so they weren't being kept as a means if transportation. Then remember the story of the prodigal son who at one time had to take care of pigs, and was tempted to eat out if their food. No one takes care of pigs for the sake of keeping ,they were being kept, and fed for food. .or to be sold as meat.
Apparently it was the new testament so all the rules about what meat or fish to eat had been forgone.

1 Like

Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by abels(m): 9:15am On Sep 02, 2018
DEHVEHLOP:

I should keep quiet just because I'm not from Southeast..

Your tribalism has no equal
After talking stupid now u want to sound as if u dont knw what u typed earlier,y wil u compare pigs to people in a region..crap guy

3 Likes

Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by Mariangeles(f): 9:17am On Sep 02, 2018
DEHVEHLOP:

I should keep quiet just because I'm not from Southeast..

Your tribalism has no equal
See charcoal calling kettle black...how do you describe your first comment??
Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by xest(m): 9:17am On Sep 02, 2018
DEHVEHLOP:
How can a good xtian eat human?

PIGGIES I know are from Nnamdi Kalu country
Devil in human form
Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by ElderAnchor: 9:18am On Sep 02, 2018
Propene:
PROBLEMS WITH PORK

1) A pig is a real garbage gut. It will eat anything including urine, excrement, dirt, decaying animal flesh, maggots, or decaying vegetables. They will even eat the cancerous growths off other pigs or animals.

2) The meat and fat of a pig absorbs toxins like a sponge. Their meat can be 30 times more toxic than beef or venison.

3) When eating beef or venison, it takes 8 to 9 hours to digest the meat so what little toxins are in the meat are slowly put into our system and can be filtered by the liver. But when pork is eaten, it takes only 4 hours to digest the meat. We thus get a much higher level of toxins within a shorter time.

4) Unlike other mammals, a pig does not sweat or perspire. Perspiration is a means by which toxins are removed from the body. Since a pig does not sweat, the toxins remain within its body and in the meat.

5) Pigs and swine are so poisonous that you can hardly kill them with strychnine or other poisons.

6) Farmers will often pen up pigs within a rattlesnake nest because the pigs will eat the snakes, and if bitten they will not be harmed by the venom.

7) When a pig is butchered, worms and insects take to its flesh sooner and faster than to other animal's flesh. In a few days the swine flesh is full of worms.

Swine and pigs have over a dozen parasites within them, such as tapeworms, flukes, worms, and trichinae. There is no safe temperature at which pork can be cooked to ensure that all these parasites, their cysts, and eggs will be killed.

9) Pig meat has twice as much fat as beef. A 3 oz T bone steak contains 8.5 grams of fat; a 3 oz pork chop contains 18 grams of fat. A 3 oz beef rib has 11.1 grams of fat; a 3 oz pork spare rib has 23.2 grams of fat.

10) Cows have a complex digestive system, having four stomachs. It thus takes over 24 hours to digest their vegetarian diet causing its food to be purified of toxins. In contrast, the swine's one stomach takes only about 4 hours to digest its foul diet, turning its toxic food into flesh.

11) The swine carries about 30 diseases which can be easily passed to humans. This is why God commanded that we are not even to touch their carcase (Leviticus 11:8 )

12) The trichinae worm of the swine is microscopically small, and once ingested can lodge itself in our intestines, muscles, spinal cord or the brain. This results in the disease trichinosis. The symptoms are sometimes lacking, but when present they are mistaken for other diseases, such as typhoid, arthritis, rheumatism, gastritis, MS, meningitis, gall bladder trouble, or acute alcoholism.

13) The pig is so poisonous and filthy, that nature had to prepare him a sewer line or canal running down each leg with an outlet in the bottom of the foot. Out of this hole oozes pus and filth his body cannot pass into its system fast enough. Some of this pus gets into the meat of the pig

If much is this said about pigs, what of snakes?
Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by Lumig: 9:20am On Sep 02, 2018
fineboynl:
are Christian allowed to eat pigs? pig is regarded as unclean animal. Jesus send demons into pig -

The demons begged Jesus, 'If you drive us out, send us into the herd of pigs.' He said to them, 'Go!' So they came out and went into the pigs, and the whole herd rushed down the steep bank into the lake and died in the water.
-- Matthew 8:28-34.

The old testament also condemned eating pig

And the pig, because it has a cloven hoof that is completely split, but will not regurgitate its cud; it is unclean for you. You shall not eat of their flesh, and you shall not touch their carcasses; they are unclean for you.
—  Leviticus 11:7–8
if you believe you are under the law you can abstain from eating pork, but if you are a Christian that have been redeemed from sin and the curse of the law through the death and resurrection of Christ Jesus, then you have the freedom to eat it. Matthew 15:11
Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by Sharpshooota: 9:24am On Sep 02, 2018
ireneidiva:

Because Muslims won't insult Christians. The Muslim threads are always filled with so much insults and hateful comments from 'Christians'. I'm a Christian btw.

I quoted a Yoruba Muslim on the thread insulting Christains... It's there

1 Like

Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by sirjomore(m): 9:25am On Sep 02, 2018
Useless thread
Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by chibjohn(m): 9:28am On Sep 02, 2018
YAHREIGNS:

There are no limitations for food as in the old testament.

But eat at your own risk. Especially the free range ones that eat EVERYTHING dead or alive. They're full of worms, virus3s, bacteria etc lipsrsealed
Read leventicus 11
Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by ireneidiva(f): 9:29am On Sep 02, 2018
Sharpshooota:

Just one? Go to a Muslim thread and see a lot from Christians.

5 Likes

Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by Sharpshooota: 9:30am On Sep 02, 2018
ireneidiva:

Just one? Go to a Muslim thread and see a lot from Christians.

Just one?.. Lame excuse

1 Like

Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by Firebomber: 9:31am On Sep 02, 2018
ireneidiva:

Because Muslims won't insult Christians. The Muslim threads are always filled with so much insults and hateful comments from 'Christians'. I'm a Christian btw.

what is this one saying?

U guess you need to visit religion section and see how your Muslim boyfriend are insulting Christian.

I guess you should be ready to show us Muslim tread that was derail by Christian unless the tread is blasphemy about Christian belief like the one that they posted last Friday.

You are not a Christian, you are one of the misguided mufu.

2 Likes

Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by ireneidiva(f): 9:32am On Sep 02, 2018
Firebomber:

what is this one saying?

U guess you need to visit religion section and see how your Muslim boyfriend are insulting Christian.

I guess you should be ready to show us Muslim tread that was derail by Christian unless the tread is blasphemy about Christian belief like the one that they posted last Friday.

You are not a Christian, you are one of the misguided mufu.
I don't do insults. Bye

4 Likes

Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by ireneidiva(f): 9:33am On Sep 02, 2018
Sharpshooota:

Just one?.. Lame excuse
Go and see how many there. And what is it with the 'Yoruba' Muslim talk.

3 Likes

Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by chibjohn(m): 9:34am On Sep 02, 2018
lastempero:
Who dey ask this Kind question? Have you forgotten the this portion of the Bible acts 10vs15 sad
That was not literal. It if as a vision. Have you asked yourself why a direct follower of Christ that moved about with him and dined with him severally refused to eat the food presented initially? Simple. He never ate it even as Christ's disciple. Pig is unclean
Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by Fariq: 9:34am On Sep 02, 2018
oneclickng:
Nothing created by God is of itself unclean. You can even eat scorpion. Read: Romans 14: 1-20

Then go and eat spiders let's see.

2 Likes

Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by marshalldgreat(m): 9:35am On Sep 02, 2018
Simplep:
Pork is bae o
Cant stop it o
you are there! I like eating it dried
Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by Sharpshooota: 9:35am On Sep 02, 2018
ireneidiva:

Go and see how many there. And what is it with the 'Yoruba' Muslim talk.

So you don't know there are yorubas who happens to be Muslims...

1 Like

Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by Firebomber: 9:36am On Sep 02, 2018
ireneidiva:

I don't do insults. Bye

Lolz, and who have time to exchange insult with a pusssy thinking faculty.

Why dont you visit religion section to see how your non insult and Muslim are blessing people in Christian section. Mtcheew
Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by lastempero: 9:37am On Sep 02, 2018
chibjohn:

That was not literal. It if as a vision. Have you asked yourself why a direct follower of Christ that moved about with him and dined with him severally refused to eat the food presented initially? Simple. He never ate it even as Christ's disciple. Pig is unclean

What we defile a child of God is what comes out of his mouth.
Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by Fariq: 9:38am On Sep 02, 2018
udemzyudex:

Speak for yourself, who told you the muslim don't insult Christians?

I remember when I was still in school, the muslim student were holding a program and they invited an imam to preach, you need to see the way this imam was openly insulting Jesus christ, I was busy with my phone but when I heard the message, I had to pause and look at him carefully then shake my head and say this man is illiterate.

We have a lot of them here on nairaland, it's vice versa.

You're lying. No Imam will insult Jesus peace be upon him. Insulting Jesus take you out of Islam.

2 Likes

Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by meneski(m): 9:39am On Sep 02, 2018
ogbeni those set of pigs got drowned along with the Demons.
Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by Firebomber: 9:39am On Sep 02, 2018
ireneidiva:

I'm talking about on Naira land threads not your school. Just go to a Muslim thread and see Christians calling them terrorists and other insults.

Common stop pouring trash here jare, I guess you should visit religion section and see how they are calling pastors a prostitute and a fraudster. So what are you saying.
Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by udemzyudex(m): 9:39am On Sep 02, 2018
ireneidiva:

I'm talking about on Naira land threads not your school. Just go to a Muslim thread and see Christians calling them terrorists and other insults.

I have also seen Muslims insulting Christian in their own thread too.

1 Like

Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by naijanaso: 9:39am On Sep 02, 2018
DEHVEHLOP:
How can a good xtian eat human?

PIGGIES I know are from Nnamdi Kalu country

Receive sense. Eat with your mouth, excrete from your anus and not the other way round.

1 Like

Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by jamace(m): 9:41am On Sep 02, 2018
Every creature is eatable.

It is not what you eat that defiles, but that which comes out of you.

All you need to do to remain holy are contained in the ten commandments of God..
Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by udemzyudex(m): 9:43am On Sep 02, 2018
Fariq:

You're lying. No Imam will insult Jesus peace be upon him. Insulting Jesus take you out of Islam.

Hahaha, funny bro, this happened in 2014 bro and I know if it was the other way round something will definitely happen.
You need to hear the way he was saying it confidently.
Most of my friends are Muslim(70%), my boss is a Muslim and I also listen to some Muslim preachers on TV too, though I always avoid religious talk with them.
Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by Fariq: 9:44am On Sep 02, 2018
Firebomber:

Common stop pouring trash here jare, I guess you should visit religion section and see how they are calling pastors a prostitute and a fraudster. So what are you saying.

She should visit religious section? I guess this thread that make front page is in politics section.

The insult of Muslim to Christians is 1/100 compared to the insult of Christians directed to Muslims.
Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by coluka: 9:45am On Sep 02, 2018
Why not?
Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by Firebomber: 9:45am On Sep 02, 2018
Sharpshooota:

Dont mind the braindead, I guess she should take time and visit religion section.

Every Sunday they usually derail and insult Christianity, they will even claim to be atheist sometime, and because Christian did to them on Friday what they have been been doing to us since, they are now trying to play victim card.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

6 Powerful Prayer Points For MMM Participants / Which Of The Ten Commandments Do You Find Difficult To Obey?? / Did Moses See God Or Was Timothy Wrong About No One Being Able To see God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.