Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,652 members, 7,816,671 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:52 PM

Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. (22821 Views)

RE: Should Christian Eat Pig? Pig is not Kosher! / Should Christians Care About Physical Appearance? / Why Should Christians Pray For Those Who Hate Them? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by jy2kbeyond(m): 8:21am On Sep 02, 2018
Even with all the quoted Bible verses, see as them dey try to twist the fact.
The Bible is a Holy Book and it says don't eat Pork. You don't have a choice than to follow if you are truly a believergrin grin grin grin grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by AlphaStyles(m): 8:21am On Sep 02, 2018
I never see bible verse where GOD forbid us not to chop pig

1 Like

Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by oneclickng: 8:22am On Sep 02, 2018
DEHVEHLOP:
How can a good xtian eat human?

PIGGIES I know are from Nnamdi Kalu country
MUGU
Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by Nobody: 8:24am On Sep 02, 2018
Acts 10:9-16, in which a huge sheet full of unclean animals is lowered from heaven, and a voice says, "Rise, Peter; kill and eat." However, without hesitation Peter replies, "Not so, Lord! For I have never eaten anything common or unclean" (verse 14). The Voice then responds, "What God has cleansed you must not call common or unclean" (verse 15).

4 Likes

Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by Hez143(m): 8:24am On Sep 02, 2018
"Christ has redeem us from the curse of law" according to act:10vs9-16, it right for a Christian to eat any creature.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by tunary(m): 8:25am On Sep 02, 2018
fineboynl:
are Christian allowed to eat pigs? pig is regarded as unclean animal. Jesus send demons into pig -

The demons begged Jesus, 'If you drive us out, send us into the herd of pigs.' He said to them, 'Go!' So they came out and went into the pigs, and the whole herd rushed down the steep bank into the lake and died in the water.
-- Matthew 8:28-34.

The old testament also condemned eating pig

And the pig, because it has a cloven hoof that is completely split, but will not regurgitate its cud; it is unclean for you. You shall not eat of their flesh, and you shall not touch their carcasses; they are unclean for you.
—  Leviticus 11:7–8
By the time hunger show you shege you'll eat any food eatable
Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by oneclickng: 8:26am On Sep 02, 2018
Nothing created by God is of itself unclean. You can even eat scorpion. Read: Romans 14: 1-20

1 Like

Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by Nobody: 8:27am On Sep 02, 2018
We should be eating ukwu
Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by lekanation(m): 8:28am On Sep 02, 2018
Sharpshooota:
It's Obviously a Christain thread

How come everyone is free to comment

It's not like this on Muslim threads?

What is this?
and have you seen any Muslim flooding your thread with insult?? Christians are known for contempts

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by Pharaoh001(f): 8:32am On Sep 02, 2018
Sharpshooota:

What is this?
Have you seen anyone(Muslims) typing rubbish or derailing the thread?? NO..
Go and check Muslims thread,you'll see lots of Christians(pork eaters& ipob youth) derailing Muslims thread, even despite the oath taking before making a comment's.

Wise up.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by MbaiseBoy(m): 8:32am On Sep 02, 2018
Christ is the new covenant, His blood on the cross has made all things anew.... I remember when He admonished Peter over things He considered unclean, meaning God has made things anew as His precious blood on the cross isn't in vain...

2 Likes

Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by Nobody: 8:35am On Sep 02, 2018
AlphaStyles:
I never see bible verse where GOD forbid us not to chop pig

Just google ‘dont eat pork in the bible’

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by Sharpshooota: 8:35am On Sep 02, 2018
Pharaoh001:
Have you seen anyone(Muslims) typing rubbish or derailing the thread?? NO..
Go and check Muslims thread,you'll see lots of Christians(pork eaters& ipob youth) derailing Muslims thread, even despite the oath taking before making a comment's.

Wise up.

I just quoted a known Muslim derailing the thread..
Go ahead and check

2 Likes

Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by Nobody: 8:37am On Sep 02, 2018
MbaiseBoy:
Christ is the new covenant, His blood on the cross has made all things anew.... I remember when He admonished Peter over things He considered unclean, meaning God has made things anew as His precious blood on the cross isn't in vain...

Eat fellow humans then. Since it is not what goeth into a man that make the him unclean? Or ALL mushrooms �. Or spiders �

5 Likes

Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by tunary(m): 8:38am On Sep 02, 2018
Sharpshooota:

What is this?
Islam is like cultism where one is not free to go out once you are in. as you know Muslims comment on Christian threads but Christians are not allowed to comment on theirs except you become a member. Islam is a problem

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by AlphaStyles(m): 8:40am On Sep 02, 2018
Mosesm:

Just google ‘dont eat pork in the bible’
GOD made pig but he says pig isnt meant for eating? Abeg pig meat is good jare all those people that ate pig before the bible are they in hell?
Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by bewla(m): 8:42am On Sep 02, 2018
DEHVEHLOP:
How can a good xtian eat human?

PIGGIES I know are from Nnamdi Kalu country
this na Sunday most u make reference to somebody must we keep insulting one another in the name of. like or share in nairaland
Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by NnamdiEducamia(m): 8:44am On Sep 02, 2018
Where is Nnamdi Kanu please?

1 Like

Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by Akpacha(m): 8:47am On Sep 02, 2018
Shebi u read where the verse said the rushed and died in lake of water, those one don die be that na.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by AlphaStyles(m): 8:48am On Sep 02, 2018
[quote author=Propene post=70827640]PROBLEMS WITH PORK

1) A pig is a real garbage gut. It will eat anything including urine, excrement, dirt, decaying animal flesh, maggots, or decaying vegetables. They will even eat the cancerous growths off other pigs or animals.

2) The meat and fat of a pig absorbs toxins like a sponge. Their meat can be 30 times more toxic than beef or venison.

3) When eating beef or venison, it takes 8 to 9 hours to digest the meat so what little toxins are in the meat are slowly put into our system and can be filtered by the liver. But when pork is eaten, it takes only 4 hours to digest the meat. We thus get a much higher level of toxins within a shorter time.

4) Unlike other mammals, a pig does not sweat or perspire. Perspiration is a means by which toxins are removed from the body. Since a pig does not sweat, the toxins remain within its body and in the meat.

i too can go online and type benefit of eating pig and paste it here

2 Likes

Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by Akpacha(m): 8:49am On Sep 02, 2018
Shebi person wan make comment on Islam post person most swear, y them no de ask pple to swear b4 making comments on Christian posts?

1 Like

Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by ireneidiva(f): 8:50am On Sep 02, 2018
Sharpshooota:

What is this?
Because Muslims won't insult Christians. The Muslim threads are always filled with so much insults and hateful comments from 'Christians'. I'm a Christian btw.

8 Likes

Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by ireneidiva(f): 8:53am On Sep 02, 2018
Akpacha:
Shebi person wan make comment on Islam post person most swear, y them no de ask pple to swear b4 making comments on Christian posts?
Because Muslims won't insult Christians. The Muslim threads are always filled with so much insults and hateful comments from 'Christians'. I'm a Christian btw.

8 Likes

Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by Toosure70: 8:53am On Sep 02, 2018
my favorite
Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by bigdot1759(m): 8:55am On Sep 02, 2018
Why can't you just read & follow Deuteronomy 14 v 7-8........
14:7 Nevertheless these ye shall not eat of them that chew the cud, or of them that divide the cloven hoof; as the camel, and the hare, and the coney: for they chew the cud, but divide not the hoof; therefore they are unclean unto you.
14:8 And the swine, because it divideth the hoof, yet cheweth not the cud, it is unclean unto you: ye shall not eat of their flesh, nor touch their dead carcase.

1 Like

Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by udemzyudex(m): 8:56am On Sep 02, 2018
Some people will read the bible according to their own understanding and interprete it according to their own understanding.

The pig jesus cast the demons into all died in the lake, he didn't cast the demons into all the pigs in the whole world.

Anyway I don't know if I'm the only one that thinks the bible is suppose to have a revise version. Probably version 2.0 lipsrsealed

So many aburb things in it.

Anyway, I eat pork meat any day any time grin

Sweet pass cow meat sef.
Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by Nigeriabiafra80: 9:00am On Sep 02, 2018
fineboynl:

kosher animals

Any animal that has a cloven hoof that is completely split into double hooves, and which brings up its cud that one you may eat.
Animals that have cloven hooves and chew their cud are ruminants such as cows, sheep, and deer. —  Leviticus 11:3

And the pig, because it has a cloven hoof that is completely split, but will not regurgitate its cud; it is unclean for you. You shall not eat of their flesh, and you shall not touch their carcasses; they are unclean for you.
—  Leviticus 11:7–8

pig is not kosher. Pigs are described in this section as prohibited because they have a cloven hoof but don't chew their cud. And the pig, because it has a cloven hoof that is completely split, but will not regurgitate its cud; it is unclean for you.

This text does not specify every possible animal by name, only their behaviors.

The text goes on to describe specific animals that are known and meet one, but not both, of those qualifications, thereby prohibiting their consumption. It does not elaborate on the exact reason for prohibition other than physical characteristics.

Pigs are described in this section as prohibited because they have a cloven hoof but don't chew their cud.
Christ Came to correct some Mosaic law, which was not going well, in heaven, Moses also said, if your wife commit adultery, throw her out and get another, Christ said is an adulttery to marry another wife because of an issue, what of the case of if ya neighbour slap you christ said turn the other cheek,moses said slap him back

1 Like

Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by udemzyudex(m): 9:00am On Sep 02, 2018
ireneidiva:

Speak for yourself, who told you the muslim don't insult Christians?

I remember when I was still in school, the muslim student were holding a program and they invited an imam to preach, you need to see the way this imam was openly insulting Jesus christ, I was busy with my phone but when I heard the message, I had to pause and look at him carefully then shake my head and say this man is illiterate.

We have a lot of them here on nairaland, it's vice versa.

3 Likes

Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by tolexy007(m): 9:00am On Sep 02, 2018
Propene:
PROBLEMS WITH PORK

1) A pig is a real garbage gut. It will eat anything including urine, excrement, dirt, decaying animal flesh, maggots, or decaying vegetables. They will even eat the cancerous growths off other pigs or animals.

2) The meat and fat of a pig absorbs toxins like a sponge. Their meat can be 30 times more toxic than beef or venison.

3) When eating beef or venison, it takes 8 to 9 hours to digest the meat so what little toxins are in the meat are slowly put into our system and can be filtered by the liver. But when pork is eaten, it takes only 4 hours to digest the meat. We thus get a much higher level of toxins within a shorter time.

4) Unlike other mammals, a pig does not sweat or perspire. Perspiration is a means by which toxins are removed from the body. Since a pig does not sweat, the toxins remain within its body and in the meat.

5) Pigs and swine are so poisonous that you can hardly kill them with strychnine or other poisons.

6) Farmers will often pen up pigs within a rattlesnake nest because the pigs will eat the snakes, and if bitten they will not be harmed by the venom.

7) When a pig is butchered, worms and insects take to its flesh sooner and faster than to other animal's flesh. In a few days the swine flesh is full of worms.

Swine and pigs have over a dozen parasites within them, such as tapeworms, flukes, worms, and trichinae. There is no safe temperature at which pork can be cooked to ensure that all these parasites, their cysts, and eggs will be killed.

9) Pig meat has twice as much fat as beef. A 3 oz T bone steak contains 8.5 grams of fat; a 3 oz pork chop contains 18 grams of fat. A 3 oz beef rib has 11.1 grams of fat; a 3 oz pork spare rib has 23.2 grams of fat.

10) Cows have a complex digestive system, having four stomachs. It thus takes over 24 hours to digest their vegetarian diet causing its food to be purified of toxins. In contrast, the swine's one stomach takes only about 4 hours to digest its foul diet, turning its toxic food into flesh.

11) The swine carries about 30 diseases which can be easily passed to humans. This is why God commanded that we are not even to touch their carcase (Leviticus 11:8 )

12) The trichinae worm of the swine is microscopically small, and once ingested can lodge itself in our intestines, muscles, spinal cord or the brain. This results in the disease trichinosis. The symptoms are sometimes lacking, but when present they are mistaken for other diseases, such as typhoid, arthritis, rheumatism, gastritis, MS, meningitis, gall bladder trouble, or acute alcoholism.

13) The pig is so poisonous and filthy, that nature had to prepare him a sewer line or canal running down each leg with an outlet in the bottom of the foot. Out of this hole oozes pus and filth his body cannot pass into its system fast enough. Some of this pus gets into the meat of the pig

PROBLEM WITH YOU not PORK.. I remember wen I was in sch back then, in animal practical class, The man in charge told us that, If you have a pig farm, and your pigs are dirty that means u are the one that is dirty not the pig, because if u provide all the necessary things the pigs need for is relaxation in the farm, they will never b dirty. so Oga keep ur sermon to urself and eat a pork...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by ireneidiva(f): 9:03am On Sep 02, 2018
udemzyudex:

Speak for yourself, who told you the muslim don't insult Christians?

I remember when I was still in school, the muslim student were holding a program and they invited an imam to preach, you need to see the way this imam was openly insulting Jesus christ, I was busy with my phone but when I heard the message, I had to pause and look at him carefully then shake my head and say this man is illiterate.

We have a lot of them here on nairaland, it's vice versa.
I'm talking about on Naira land threads not your school. Just go to a Muslim thread and see Christians calling them terrorists and other insults.

8 Likes

Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by chrish(f): 9:08am On Sep 02, 2018
princeking2:
Okay. Have you not read that it is that which comes from a man that defiles a man? Eating pig does not make you unclean nor unrighteous. Your cleanliness came from the word of God and your righteousness is of God.
However, if you are surrounded by a group of baby Christians who are still struggling with the doctrine of righteousness and holiness, it is wise to keep away from it. So that your action won't cause them to backslide.
Please read the following bible passages.
Enjoy!

Matthew 15:11
Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.

1 Corinthians 8:9-13
But take heed lest by any means this liberty of yours become a stumblingblock to them that are weak.
For if any man see thee which hast knowledge sit at meat in the idol's temple, shall not the conscience of him which is weak be emboldened to eat those things which are offered to idols;
And through thy knowledge shall the weak brother perish, for whom Christ died?
But when ye sin so against the brethren, and wound their weak conscience, ye sin against Christ.
Wherefore, if meat make my brother to offend, I will eat no flesh while the world standeth, lest I make my brother to offend.

God bless you
Re: Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. by Temibabie(f): 9:09am On Sep 02, 2018
I like pork meat and I'm a Christian

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Which Of The Ten Commandments Do You Find Difficult To Obey?? / Did Moses See God Or Was Timothy Wrong About No One Being Able To see God? / Scientific Proof That God Exists: For Atheists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.