Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,121 members, 7,821,843 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:59 PM

Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? (45891 Views)

So Many Single MBAISE Ladies Are Getting Older. No Husband Wat Is The Problem? / Why Are There So Many Single Guys At Over 30? / How men Easily Sleep With Ladies These Days. Photo!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by Aldebaran(m): 9:23am On Sep 03, 2018
Paulagada:
Because most mature and responsible men are jobless.
90% true grin

1 Like

Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by emmanuelpopson(m): 9:25am On Sep 03, 2018
Budex40:
Cos Guys like us have discovered that modern women have become useless as fvck and cannot function in the right context as WOMEN.They dojt even have the mindset of submission in marriage. Hence , some of us have decided not to give a fvck about marriage or relationships.

if ladies of these days are submissive and understanding.. they would be married in the shortest time possible..
i think the independent and career equality of these ladies give them this OT to stay single... Coupled with the unemployment,harsh economy, ratio 4:1 female male and the society acceptance of singlehood...many ladies will be unmarrird and single...

1 Like

Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by otokx(m): 9:28am On Sep 03, 2018
This problem appears to affect "christians" only,

3 Likes

Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by kunleweb: 9:29am On Sep 03, 2018
emmanuelpopson:

if ladies of these days are submissive and understanding.. they would be married in the shortest time possible..
i think the independent and career equality of these ladies give them this OT to stay single... Coupled with the unemployment,harsh economy, ratio 4:1 female male and the society acceptance of singlehood...many ladies will be unmarrird and single...

But i've seen atleast 7 good ladies around me that are single, respectful and courteous

1 Like

Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by kunleweb: 9:29am On Sep 03, 2018
otokx:
This problem appears to affect "christians" only,

I quite agree. Perhaps Christians over speculate and excessively analyse over and over till opportunities is lost
Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by Gerrard59(m): 9:30am On Sep 03, 2018
Saff:

Rather be single, have a child and be happy than raise a boy into a man because his father didn’t do that job. I’m sorry.

Thereby perpetuating the problem you complain of.

Too bad.
Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by kunleweb: 9:32am On Sep 03, 2018
Gerrard59:

Thereby perpetuating the problem you complain of.

Too bad.

I concur, the vicious cycle continues.Truth be told, many guys are stuck in adolescence though their " masculine physical attributes "
Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by iwatch: 9:33am On Sep 03, 2018
kunleweb:
I'm begging for an answer, why are there too many single ladies these days. Just heard of a stunt where a sister ( rich and graduate, working class with car who had no husband ) pulled a game-play to unseat her uneducated sister from her husband, i'm left bewildered why, why are there too many single sisters out-there left unmarried. I need answers. I really do as it beats my understanding.
u no dey tire for this kind questions? It very absurd and preposterous that mean ask this question every time. Are women going to marry themselves? Why aren't the men marry them?

This question has been on nairaland front page more than 10 times over the years I have been here.

You guys should get a life.

1 Like

Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by ilevic(m): 9:35am On Sep 03, 2018
dasparrow:

Many are single because the average Nigerian Bred male is a misogynist, a cheat, a scammer, a rapist and a pedophile. No woman in her sane mind will want to spend the rest of her life with such kind of individuals. It is unhealthy to raise a family with such kind of human beings who have questionable character and depraved minds.

Besides, the entire world knows that the average Nigerian bred male treats his wife like a slave. Now why would anyone with a functioning brain willingly go into slavery? Today, children can be gotten without being married. Most women want children, not misogynist husbands that will oppress, abuse and enslave them. Life is too short for that!

i see pain in this but ladies should be blamed tho cos those beautiful ladies don't want to date innocent "small boys" but they always want to date the "big boys" whom all the ladies dey rush. And when supply is more than demand, the "big boys" treat the excess ladies as shit. sowie dear, i feel your pain

1 Like

Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by kunleweb: 9:35am On Sep 03, 2018
iwatch:
u no dey tire for this kind questions? It very absurd and preposterous that mean ask this question every time. Are women going to marry themselves? Why aren't the men marry them?

This question has been on nairaland front page more than 10 times over the years I have been here.

You guys should get a life.

Never mention me in your life. I don't leave on Nairaland and don't know what and what transpires on the forum from time to time, go get a job so you dont know what's on the forum every now and then. Find usefulness for your OWN miserable existence. Mtchew

1 Like

Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by GreenArrow2: 9:35am On Sep 03, 2018
vingeophysicist:
I think the problem is their materialistic nature that's all.Most girls prefer well to do guys than guys that have potentials.

In the end, wether man or woman, most people long for life-long companionship and will continue longing for it until they find it or find something else as a compensation. When topics like this come up, we, most of the time, turn it into a girl/guy debate. Luckily, a few people have hit the nail on the head on the this thread. Economic reasons are right there on top of the list (forget all these marriage is trash Internet feminists on this thread). However, there's an advantage we men have which is: for every 1 materialistic girl you find who won't settle down with you, there are about 15 others who'd gladly do that. And I'll bet you that at least 5 out of the 15 are better than the 1 who won't settle.

6 Likes

Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by Idrismusty97(m): 9:36am On Sep 03, 2018
Saff:
Most men of this generation are mentally weak and unable to handle life circumstances. Relying on weed/ alcohol, cigarettes or any kind of drug to function.

Most are lazy and not ambitious looking for easy quick money.

Not responsible, looking for a woman to help them or give them money. I don’t blame them, most were raised by women with the father absent or barely there. They don’t understand what it means to be a MAN.

Most men have poor financial management. Spend all their days on social media, betting, money on random women. It’s pitiful.

Most men never take responsibility for themselves. Always looking for one person/ thing to blame for their misfortune.

Rather be single, have a child and be happy than raise a boy into a man because his father didn’t do that job. I’m sorry.
All these may be true but are just a reflection of the males around you both relatives, friends and suitors alike.

1 Like

Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by Mekanus(m): 9:37am On Sep 03, 2018
oneclickng:
So many young men have been killed in several cases of armed robbery, kidnapping, cultism, boko haram, herdsmen, communal clashes etc. Many are alive, but are entirely useless (drug addicts/joblessness)
This one got me cracking

Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by lifedynamics: 9:38am On Sep 03, 2018
dasparrow:

Many are single because the average Nigerian Bred male is a misogynist, a cheat, a scammer, a rapist and a pedophile. No woman in her sane mind will want to spend the rest of her life with such kind of individuals. It is unhealthy to raise a family with such kind of human beings who have questionable character and depraved minds.

Besides, the entire world knows that the average Nigerian bred male treats his wife like a slave. Now why would anyone with a functioning brain willingly go into slavery? Today, children can be gotten without being married. Most women want children, not misogynist husbands that will oppress, abuse and enslave them. Life is too short for that!

So the average nigerian Female is what?
A gold-digging, confused, unenlightened and classless harlot?
How does that sound?

2 Likes

Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by lifedynamics: 9:40am On Sep 03, 2018
Idrismusty97:
All these may be true but are just a reflection of the males around you both relatives, friends and suitors alike.

Leave her... Like it isn't women (mothers) raising these "Losers"

2 Likes

Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by Malakh: 9:40am On Sep 03, 2018
There goes your answer
Isaiah 54:1 KJVS
Sing, O barren(barren of husband), thou that didst not bear(children); break forth into singing, and cry aloud, thou that didst not travail with child: for more are the children of the desolate of a husband/fathers'(single,widows,baby mama's,orphans) than the children of the married wife, saith the Lord . I could elaborate but i'm at work.
Jeremiah 31:22 KJVS
How long wilt thou go about, O thou backsliding daughter? for the Lord hath created a new thing in the earth, A woman shall compass a man.
Jeremiah 15:8 KJVS
Their widows(baby mamas, singles) are increased to me above the sand of the seas: I have brought upon them against the mother of the young men a spoiler at noonday: I have caused him to fall upon it suddenly, and terrors upon the city.
Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by kunleweb: 9:41am On Sep 03, 2018
Saff:
Most men of this generation are mentally weak and unable to handle life circumstances. Relying on weed/ alcohol, cigarettes or any kind of drug to function.

Most are lazy and not ambitious looking for easy quick money.

Not responsible, looking for a woman to help them or give them money. I don’t blame them, most were raised by women with the father absent or barely there. They don’t understand what it means to be a MAN.

Most men have poor financial management. Spend all their days on social media, betting, money on random women. It’s pitiful.

Most men never take responsibility for themselves. Always looking for one person/ thing to blame for their misfortune.

I agree with this :

Most men of this generation are mentally weak and unable to handle life circumstances

It beats me to see that many men can't start and complete a project by themselves
Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by gift2xl: 9:41am On Sep 03, 2018
Most ladies doesn't have what it takes to be a wife material.
Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by Nobody: 9:41am On Sep 03, 2018
MissWrite:
Women who can afford to take care of themselves, can afford to have standards with men. A growing number of women fall into this category these days. They would rather stay single than be with someone who gives them no value. There was a time when women were so financially dependent on men that all of a man's vices would fade into the background when compared with his ability to provide a living. I can't say that this doesn't happen anymore, but it is definitely becoming less frequent. Now that women have more freedom to evaluate what they want from a relationship, it has become clear that while men in general are still common as water, men of quality are few and far between.
can I ask, what is the sole reason of having a partner? Is it a means to sustain one’s financial needs or a means to make one better? The thing is some women have this mentality a man is just there to meet their need just like you have put upthere, thus when they can meet their needs without the support of who they call partners, the wisdom and sense to keep a partner is gone. The reason they are single. They can’t love or see a man beyond his financial abilities at that time. The reason why we work as a team in organizations is to achieve higher grounds, meet goals faster. This is same for relationships. What can you say of a lady whose fiancee suggested they open a joint account, save together towards a goal and the response the guy got was “ you are looking for someone to sponsor you abi”. We need to have the right mindset, this is where is starts from.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by muzmil: 9:42am On Sep 03, 2018
agreed
Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by omoharry(f): 9:42am On Sep 03, 2018
hollah123:
then y don't u remain single forever n see the emotional trauma behind it.many old singles deceive some young ones by claiming feminism n feigning happiness but deep down they cry like a baby.
I would rather remain single and be happy with my life than marry a necessary idiot that will make my life a living hell..so many people don't even know how to smile anymore ..all in the name of societal pressure to marry. Many have lost their lives becos of what society would say if they leave their abusive marriages and the children are also there to consider too isn't it?...of what use is life if half of your lifetime is spent in constant fear and misery...is that life? I define a good life as that which is lived with good and lovely memories of a life time ..either married or single..it now boils down to the individual what they cannot live without even if it will cost them their happiness.

Before My parent died, i long for marriage so much because i wanted it to happen in their life time since they were getting old..but now nature has taken its cause , Both my parents are dead, so I don't owe society or any body any explanation of why i choose to remain single than to be married to a someone that will make my life a living hell....I choose my peace of mind..and it will never be sacrifice at the alter of societal pressure for marriage... what ever possession I have i will go to my niece and nephews..If i don't have children...So stop shaming single women with marriage..they have a right to be happy and what ever makes them happy people should respect it.

13 Likes

Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by emmanuelpopson(m): 9:43am On Sep 03, 2018
kunleweb:

But i've seen atleast 7 good ladies around me that are single, respectful and courteous

its just like a talking drum..the sides that faces you is where you will hear the sound... out of 100% of ladies out there.i can say 20% of them are in the categories you mentioned above... few are out there ready to be.married,submit, respect and stay put... these ones see marriage as a 2 man pilot of an airplane and the successful landing is there responsiblity...

1 Like

Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by iwatch: 9:43am On Sep 03, 2018
kunleweb:

Never mention me in your life. I don't leave on Nairaland and don't know what and what transpires on the forum from time to time, go get a job so you dont know what's on the forum every now and then. Find useful for your OWN miserable existence. Mtchew
I don't need a job... I create them for people like you to get busy while I catch fun. Right now I even have men old enough to be your father begging me to bring a product for them to distribute.

Only moruns don't know why many women are single than ever before, to which men have contributed hugely to the stats.

Stop asking silly questions.
Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by Nobody: 9:43am On Sep 03, 2018
generationz:

And the average Nigerian woman is holy and acceptable in all good things abi?

please give valid points not points that come from hatred because of what some men did to you or women around you

It would surprise you to know that men whom you described as such aren't single. In fact many have numerous girlfriends and sidechicks due to their wealth and influence.

look at dino melaye for example. He is loud ,uncoth and brash. His last two marriages ended based on domestic violence allegations

But do you think with the money and influence he has he goes to bed at night hugging his pillow?
the answer is no. He can get as many women and even beautiful ones if he wishes.

or have you seen femi fani kayode , he is also an uncoth wife beater .

you would be surprised how these runs babes and even independent working class women practically scheme and beg millionaires and billionaires to spend some time with them. You think if he popped the question they wouldn't jump at it.

like the poster above said many rich ,independent women are single because there are many unemployed or underemployed men today

unlike before when 95 percent of work force in large organizations where men and farming was still lucrative.
God bless your wisdom.

1 Like

Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by kokomilala(m): 9:45am On Sep 03, 2018
Because the scripture must be fulfilled. Isaiah 4:1, seven women will ask one man to marry them..
Also, there's a male shortage the world over. This is making it difficult for women to get married, as most of these males are very young, at least, in a young population like Nigeria.
Lastly, but not exclusively, the unconscionable disposition of our women to material wealth. Life is not in a linear line. It could be zigzag or crooked. Fate could be cruel at times. It's a world where things don't always go to plan.
Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by zealadjay(m): 9:47am On Sep 03, 2018
cos d problem of most ladies is so much dat it made most guys decides to settle 4 same sex...
E.g Bobrisky d idiot
Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by FIDELITY24(m): 9:48am On Sep 03, 2018
Biglittlelois:
Cos there are more fvck boys than responsible men, it's not easy detecting which is which!!!
I don't think that's the issue for women.... the men should be the ones complaining about the scarcity of girls with good character fit for marriage. The major reasons why most women are not married yet are:
1) Most men are not ready Financially.
2) Most women are looking for rich husbands.
3) Some of the men that are ready for marriage now are having a hard time finding a wife because we are in the slay queen era.

5 Likes

Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by babadee1(m): 9:50am On Sep 03, 2018
kunleweb:

Is this excuse legit when many fathers and mothers of the previous generations got married before they had jobs and were not at the mercy of jobs

You think the economy faced by the previous generations is the same as the economy of today?
Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by braine(m): 9:50am On Sep 03, 2018
victorian:
Most men are not ready to be responsible, that's why.

And women these days prefer to be single have kids, than settle with just any guy for marriage sakes. Gone are those days, a woman will be suffering and smiling.

More women are not ready to be treated as slaves in a marriage they spend their hard earned money on. The guy more or else doesn't contribute anything other than sex, collects her money and he will still be as controlling as fucvk! Some slaps here and there, feeling he should be able to make her scared of him.
Why would a man instill fear in his wife instead of respect from his wife
So,
Most single ladies don't need such stress biko.

Personally, I can never marry a controlling, abusive, lazy man. I rather remain single and have kids instead.

So you would consider having kids out of wedlock. Its this kind of mentality some men like me run from since you have no regards for family sanctity.
Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by braine(m): 9:51am On Sep 03, 2018
FIDELITY24:
I don't think that's the issue for women.... the men should be the ones complaining about the scarcity of girls with good character fit for marriage. The major reasons why most women are not married yet are:
1) Most men are not ready Financially.
2) Most women are looking for rich husbands.
3) Some of the men that are ready for marriage now are having a hard time finding a wife because we are in the slay queen era.

This is the answer in most cases.
Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by braine(m): 9:54am On Sep 03, 2018
omoharry:
I would rather remain single and be happy with my life than marry a necessary idiot that will make my life a living hell..so many people don't even know how to smile anymore ..all in the name of societal pressure to marry. Many have lost their lives becos of what society would say if they leave their abusive marriages and the children are also there to consider too isn't it?...of what use is life if half of your lifetime is spent in constant fear and misery...is that life? I define a good life as that which is lived with good and lovely memories of a life time ..either married or single..it now boils down to the individual what they cannot live without even if it will cost them their happiness.

Before My parent died, i long for marriage so much because i wanted it to happen in their life time since they were getting old..but now nature has taken its cause , Both my parents are dead, so I don't owe society or any body any explanation of why i choose to remain single than to be married to a someone that will make my life a living hell....I choose my peace of mind..and it will never be sacrifice at the alter of societal pressure for marriage... what ever possession I have i will go to my niece and nephews..If i don't have children...So stop shaming single women with marriage..they have a right to be happy and what ever makes them happy people should respect it.

This is the problem. Its stuck in your heart that relationships are a living hell. So naturally thats why you will usually see no matter how good the guy tries to be.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? by ImaIma1(f): 9:54am On Sep 03, 2018
Because there are more mummy's boys parading themselves as men.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Sex Worker Confronts Her Customer Over Payment / What Does This Lady Really Mean? / What Makes A Man More Attractive To Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.