Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,357 members, 7,815,757 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:48 PM

Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here (108169 Views)

Nigerian Girl In Russia Talks About Life In Russia, Racism And What Life Is Like / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by ashatoda: 10:54am On Sep 18, 2018
@benpedro I asked a question but you failed to reply. I am married and have a ND in journalism I have been teaching with this for some years and can take English language proficiently. before then I had vocational training in printing and have been practicing for about 10 years what is my prospects of getting job using any of these and how much is the work visa
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by Nobody: 11:18am On Sep 18, 2018
benpedro:
I live in the borderland so most of my students are already bilingual. Some were born and raised in the US but are now in Mexico either because their parents were deported from the US or because they simply chose to relocate to teach the kids Mexican culture or for some other reasons. So basically, I don't need to speak Spanish especially when the students are put in classes according to their English levels during English periods and not according to their grades. Nonetheless, you must be a graduate to teach English in both private and public schools in Mexico. You'll also need an English
Language proficiency certification with a good score and have the gifts of a good teacher. If you have TESOL or TEFL it'd be a bonus but the Mexican government each year also spend lots of money giving quality training to all their teachers. However, you don't need any of these qualifications to just put your adverts on facebook group pages and go to people's houses or in public places to teach them English. A Nigerian friend who did that when I arrived here earned more than I did. Learning Spanish is pretty much easy and I hardly see any Nigerian here who pays for it when you can just get yourself a girlfriend who can help you. There are some universities offering the course to their foreign students and the cost as at the last time I was informed is around 100$ for a whole month

Please confirm if I still need a Mexican visa of I have a valid US visa.
I'm considering taking Spanish since the fees you put there seem really affordable.
Any recommendations for places to teach?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by benpedro(m): 11:35am On Sep 18, 2018
salsera:

Please confirm if I still need a Mexican visa of I have a valid US visa.
I'm considering taking Spanish since the fees you put there seem really affordable.
Any recommendations for places to teach?
Applicants with a valid and open visa for the United States of America, of any type, can enter Mexico without the need of a Mexican visa, as well as those that are legal permanent residents in the USA, Canada, Japan, United Kingdom and the Schengen States. However , it would be illegal to work in Mexico with such visa.
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by benpedro(m): 11:43am On Sep 18, 2018
ashatoda:
@benpedro I asked a question but you failed to reply. I am married and have a ND in journalism I have been teaching with this for some years and can take English language proficiently. before then I had vocational training in printing and have been practicing for about 10 years what is my prospects of getting job using any of these and how much is the work visa
I'm not God bro so I can't predict your prospects as an individual. I've said it time and again here that in general, as a graduate who speaks English your chances of getting an English teaching job in Mexico is high. So you ask yourself, am I a graduate? Do I speak good English? Can I work with kids and adolescents? Etc

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by benpedro(m): 11:46am On Sep 18, 2018
Damzy007:
Hello Benpedro , Thanks for sharing this wonderful info. To be sincere with you I've been having this negative view about that country until you shared this post maybe its because of the way the country is been portrayed on the news media but I'll like to know if skilled trade like welding and fabrication has profit over there, I mean to live comfortably over there and be able to send stuffs back home.
I'm sorry bro, but I haven't met a Nigerian who is a welder here so I don't know the salary range.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by iwanvisityankee: 12:19pm On Sep 18, 2018
Taofeekdboy:
sorry to interrupt/interfere your personal life, I think you are better off with the salary you are earning right now than for you to go where there is uncertainty, don’t get me wrong, what I’m saying is that you are doing something now and earning a living and where you are targeting of moving to now is uncertain because you will have to start all over there again.
thanks for your response, but in this life one most take risk to succeed , calculated risk though, I presently live in one of the Middle East country & one can never get permanent residency here not to talk about citizenship, your job is your residency which means any day you lose your job, you will be sent back to 9ja unless you find another job immediately. So I want to move where I can secure my future.

@Pedro, pls I need your suggestion, I’m a graduate & my English ain’t bad, I believe I can make better living over there than where I am presently
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by Nobody: 12:34pm On Sep 18, 2018
benpedro:
Applicants with a valid and open visa for the United States of America, of any type, can enter Mexico without the need of a Mexican visa, as well as those that are legal permanent residents in the USA, Canada, Japan, United Kingdom and the Schengen States. However , it would be illegal to work in Mexico with such visa.

I didn't mean to teach..i mean to take a Spanish language course in Mexico. You mentioned 100$ per month that's really cheap.
So do you have recommendations for places that offer courses..which city. Affordable housing for that period. I'm already at intermediary level but I do need Spanish immersion experience

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by benpedro(m): 12:58pm On Sep 18, 2018
iwanvisityankee:
thanks for your response, but in this life one most take risk to succeed , calculated risk though, I presently live in one of the Middle East country & one can never get permanent residency here not to talk about citizenship, your job is your residency which means any day you lose your job, you will be sent back to 9ja unless you find another job immediately. So I want to move where I can secure my future.

@Pedro, pls I need your suggestion, I’m a graduate & my English ain’t bad, I believe I can make better living over there than where I am presently
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by benpedro(m): 1:02pm On Sep 18, 2018
salsera:

I didn't mean to teach..i mean to take a Spanish language course in Mexico. You mentioned 100$ per month that's really cheap.
So do you have recommendations for places that offer courses..which city. Affordable housing for that period. I'm already at intermediary level but I do need Spanish immersion experience
I'm sorry that I misunderstood where you said 'any recommendations for places to teach.'
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by Taofeekdboy(m): 1:08pm On Sep 18, 2018
iwanvisityankee:

thats a good point there, I’m also working in Middle East country, my suggestion; why can’t you go for skill migration because that’s what I’m planning on also, with that you will be guaranteed of your living over there and able to work.
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by Damzy007: 2:30pm On Sep 18, 2018
benpedro:
I'm sorry bro, but I haven't met a Nigerian who is a welder here so I don't know the salary range.
Alright, thanks for the reply.
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by rindetemi: 4:09pm On Sep 18, 2018
Please I sent you a mail, hope to get a reply soon or you can whatsapp me 08097424785

the clost of living you quoted, is it in good cities or suburb? How is their health sector in general, do they speak English in most places?
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by ashatoda: 10:55pm On Sep 18, 2018
benpedro:
I'm not God bro so I can't predict your prospects as an individual. I've said it time and again here that in general, as a graduate who speaks English your chances of getting an English teaching job in Mexico is high. So you ask yourself, am I a graduate? Do I speak good English? Can I work with kids and adolescents? Etc

thanks for your reply the qualification I have is what I have written and I can work well with adolescents but with kids is a little bit difficult though I can try to some extent what I lack is the patience to handle kids but with adolescents no problem cos I am presently teaching secondary students here. I speak giid English. meanwhile regarding the other English language tests such as TEFL, AND TESOL as you highlighted what of if I sit for IELTS will it be considered in lieu of TEFL AND TESOL. thanks for your help
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by Kissup(f): 12:11am On Sep 19, 2018
Op please assist me.i studied English and literature in university of Benin I am a single mum.i am really interested in coming to Mexico I can teach.please where do I start?Assist me anyhow I just want to give my son a better life outside this shithole.waiting for it reply thanks.[qquote author=benpedro post=71253140] Anywhere[/quote]
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by Kissup(f): 12:20am On Sep 19, 2018
How much needs to be in my account for the visa stuff.pls reply
benpedro:
OK my brothers and sisters. I knew I had to leave Nigeria immediately I learnt Buhari had won the presidential election that year March 2015. I immediately applied for a Mexican visa and fortunately they granted me the visa. This month will make it my third year here in Mexico and glory be to God, I'm in the process of becoming a Mexican naturalised citizen. I admit, Mexico can never be compared to developed countries such as the USA, Canada, Australia or the Schengen area, however Mexico is miles ahead of Nigeria. When being compared to Mexico, I'm afraid to say this 'Nigeria is a shithole'. I would like to help some Nigerians visit or even start a life here.Ask me any question about Mexico and I will be eager to reply.
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by benpedro(m): 4:29am On Sep 19, 2018
Kissup:
How much needs to be in my account for the visa stuff.pls reply
This question has been answered. Could you please read the previous pages?
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by benpedro(m): 4:40am On Sep 19, 2018
rindetemi:
Please I sent you a mail, hope to get a reply soon or you can whatsapp me 08097424785

the clost of living you quoted, is it in good cities or suburb? How is their health sector in general, do they speak English in most places?
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by iwanvisityankee: 5:34am On Sep 19, 2018
@OP, How is the city of Campeche, that’s where my gf is planning to relocate, she said once she move there I should come over, do you know much about the city?
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by Larrypii(m): 7:08am On Sep 19, 2018
Tnkz fo ur info bro..pls i hv wit me 1.5milion nd am a graduate of education chemistry.. Plz how do i apply fo d visa..
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by MetroBaba1(m): 7:41am On Sep 19, 2018
Thank You Op For The Info.

I Reside In Nigeria, Graduated Last 2yrs With 2.1.
My Question Please;

1. Without My Tourist Visa, How Can I Secure a Job In Mexico Before Moving?

Please, I Need a Procedure
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by Kissup(f): 8:30am On Sep 19, 2018
Amount in the account wasn't asked.i have read through.
benpedro:
This question has been answered. Could you please read the previous pages?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by Kissup(f): 9:58am On Sep 19, 2018
You said he can't change a tourist visa to a work visa.but you went with a tourist visa and worked there without coming back.please clarify me b4 I invest thanks so much
benpedro:

1.a. As a family man, your best bet is to look for a job online or if you have the resources you can visit Mexico on a tourist visa for a month or two to look for jobs. However, when you get the job you'll still need to leave Mexico and wait for the company to process and send to you the papers you will need to take to any Mexican embassy outside of Mexico. You can't change a tourist visa to a work visa. B. You'll get a Mexican citizenship after you must have lived here for like 5 years legally

2. See 1a.

3. There are lots of companies in those cities. So it depends on the skills you have.

4. You can import African wears and sell. It's hot cake here.

5. Go to google play store and download duolingo.
6. Mexico City, Guadalajara, Monterrey.
7. Lots of them.
8. The Mexican Constitution states that Mexican nationals by birth are: persons born in Mexican territory regardless of parents' nationality or immigration status in Mexico. persons born abroad of a Mexican Citizen born in Mexico. persons born to an individual after that person has become a naturalized citizen of Mexico.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by Niggafckyou07(m): 1:19pm On Sep 19, 2018
@benpedro.

I like your maturity bro

You responded to all questions and inquiries as well as ignorant ego outbursts in a civil way.

More grease to your elbows and God bless your family.

You can spice the thread up with some pictures!

Thanks!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by benpedro(m): 1:56pm On Sep 19, 2018
Kissup:
You said he can't change a tourist visa to a work visa.but you went with a tourist visa and worked there without coming back.please clarify me b4 I invest thanks so much
While you were reading, did you come across the word Belize?

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by benpedro(m): 2:00pm On Sep 19, 2018
benpedro:
The only difficult requirement to getting a Mexican tourist visa is this below;

Provide evidence of adequate economic solvency by presenting any of the following documents:

You can provide this; Documents accounting for an employment or pension allowance with a monthly income equivalent to minimum $500.00 USD, free of taxes, during the last 3 months, as well as proof of stable employment during the last year.

Or this;Investment documents or bank accounts in the name of the applicant with a minimum monthly average balance equivalent to $1,500.00 USD during the last 3 months.

Or this; Real estate property deed registered in the name of the applicant with at least 2 years (minimum) ownership and proof of stable employment for the last 2 years.

If you can't provide any of them, tough luck.
And you didn't see this too on page 3? Young girl, I'm a very busy person. Inasmuch as I want to help people, I can't answer all questions, especially when it's already been treated here.
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by benpedro(m): 2:03pm On Sep 19, 2018
MetroBaba1:
Thank You Op For The Info.

I Reside In Nigeria, Graduated Last 2yrs With 2.1.
My Question Please;

1. Without My Tourist Visa, How Can I Secure a Job In Mexico Before Moving?

Please, I Need a Procedure
Question has been answered. Search for a job on the internet.
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by benpedro(m): 2:05pm On Sep 19, 2018
Larrypii:
Tnkz fo ur info bro..pls i hv wit me 1.5milion nd am a graduate of education chemistry.. Plz how do i apply fo d visa..
What type of visa? Either way, I believe question has been treated here
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by benpedro(m): 2:08pm On Sep 19, 2018
iwanvisityankee:
@OP, How is the city of Campeche, that’s where my gf is planning to relocate, she said once she move there I should come over, do you know much about the city?
Campeche is a very beautiful city according to my friend who has been there.
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by Kissup(f): 6:07pm On Sep 19, 2018
Thanks dear I saw it.if I come with tourist visa how long do I have to be away.please do you know any site I can check for job so I can start searching.please what's the safest way to avoid spending so much funds.
benpedro:
While you were reading, did you come across the word Belize?
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by drakeli: 6:38pm On Sep 19, 2018
mannycrown:

OP the boldened here is what I want you to clarify with the boldened above. Pls no ill inteneded. I'm just an interested reader. Thanks a bunch.
Let me shed more light on that. Here in the US, racism is very much alive. Generally speaking, white people hate black people. They literally see every black person as a criminal until they get to know you personally and see that you are not dangerous but rather a normal human being with a different skin color.

When they are going on the sidewalk and they see a black man coming on the same route, they would cross to the other sidewalk across the road just because they don’t want to meet a black person. They would try as much as they can just to avoid a black man if they happen to meet in a public space.

When you happen to go to a white neighborhood for whatever reason as a black man, every white person in sight would be looking at your suspiciously like you are there for a sinister motive. Many blacks have had 911 called on them for that reason only for police to come and realize that you are their for a good reason and even maybe you just got a home there.

When they meet you in the elevator as a black man. Being there alone in the elevator with you literally makes them panic like you are a sort of danger. Of course you will see it in their body language.

They still call black People nigger. I used to love oyinbo people so much until I got here and I realized that oyinbo people generally hate blacks. I’m not saying there are no good whites amongst them. Just using a generally terms that implies most of them. Of course I have a good number of white friends both male and females that we are all cool with each other with mutual respect. But that does not erase the fact that most white people are racists.

16 Likes

Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by MetroBaba1(m): 7:41pm On Sep 19, 2018
benpedro:
Question has been answered. Search for a job on the internet.

How Authentic Can It Be If Found Through Google?

I Dey Fear Scammers oo
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by Kissup(f): 10:06am On Sep 20, 2018
Op I have been on my phone for two days searching for school.do you know any site or something. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (32) (Reply)

This Is The Oyedepo Hangar They Plan To Demolish / Best Country To Relocate With My Family Apart From Canada / Why Most Nigerians Go To Malaysia Instead Of Europe And America

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.