Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,633 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:16 PM

US Open 2018: Serena Williams Loses To Naomi Osaka In Controversial Final - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / US Open 2018: Serena Williams Loses To Naomi Osaka In Controversial Final (28968 Views)

Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision / Serena Williams In Tears After Semi-final Loss To Naomi Osaka (Photos, Video) / Serena Williams Defeats Naomi Osaka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Open 2018: Serena Williams Loses To Naomi Osaka In Controversial Final by sleek82(m): 4:06pm On Sep 09, 2018
JUHABACH:

SMH. I don't understand exactly what googling John McEnroe will solve here.
and no one is saying she shouldn't have been penalized. all everyone is saying is that what happened was inequitable especially when compared to what frequently goes on in the modern game.
https://mobile.twitter.com/Espngreeny/status/1038558136767078401?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1038558136767078401&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fkwese.espn.com%2Ftennis%2Fstory%2F_%2Fpage%2Ficymi0908serena%2Fus-open-2018-plenty-response-code-violations-serena-williams

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/sports/tennis/2018/09/08/serena-williams-accuses-us-open-chair-umpire-carlos-ramos-sexism/1243767002/

your response literally avoided making any attempt to tackle the issue of why the moment was controversial. I don't expect much from your type but I'm still dissapointed all the same.
what a beautiful reply! I dont understand why people are forming tennis guru here....even legends in tennis have come out to condemn the umpire but nairalanders and the ones claiming to start watching tennis from their mother's womb will come here to puke gibberish. Imagine the idiot insulting to score cheap points and calling me a 1999 born while he is here fighting over a 1997 born Osaka that won a grand slam, how ironical!!!!
Re: US Open 2018: Serena Williams Loses To Naomi Osaka In Controversial Final by Nobody: 5:10pm On Sep 09, 2018
NIGERIAJAGAJAGA:
lol. if u watched the match truly, I don't expect u to type dis kind trash even if u hate William. why did fans booed Ramos off.

90% of fans there support Williams. That's cos it is US Open.. home advantage got to come in.

Fans boo if u don't do what pleases them. Ramos did his job at the detriment of the people they we're supporting. In all honesty, Ramos was right for his calls. Just that d calls we're against a GOAT on HOME SOIL

2 Likes

Re: US Open 2018: Serena Williams Loses To Naomi Osaka In Controversial Final by Blonchilli(m): 7:39pm On Sep 09, 2018
Fadelex:

Just like Serena your Comment reeks of utter arrogance. Why do you think your opinion is more important than that of others? That Someone is using 10mb data shouldn't stop them from airing their views. I watched the game from Start to finish and it was obvious Serena wouldn't comeback hence her outburst . She was leading 3-1 in second set when patrick made the hand gesture and he admitted it after the game and justified it by saying Naomi's coach was doing same. I love Serena but I wont allow that to cloud my sense of reasoning
And where did I say my opinion is more important than others, please do not quote me if your intentions are to drag unnecessary debate on Nairaland . And btw it's your opinion and I have no intention of changing it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

VAR Technology In Football: What Every Nigerian Should Know. Techcapon / Arsenal Chiefs 'set To Meet Barca Officials To Thrash Out Coutinho Loan Deal' / UEFA Women's Champions League Draws. See Who Nigerians Are Playing Against

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.