Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,161 members, 7,867,377 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 02:51 PM

Luis Enrique: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player In The World" - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Luis Enrique: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player In The World" (15814 Views)

Arsenal Hold Talks With Luis Enrique As Potential Replacement For Unai Emery / Luis Enrique Resigns As Spain Coach / Meet Luis Enrique Who Is Set To Take Over From Wenger As Arsenal Manager (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Luis Enrique: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player In The World" by Nonychinonso(m): 4:59pm On Sep 11, 2018
Jokerman:

Ronaldo...

Best Portuguese player and athlete of the year..
Euro 2018 silver ball and silver boot with Portugal..
Euro 2004 silver medal
you mean euro 2016?
i will take that but don't tell best portuguese player and athlete of the year is that one award other do it in their respective country , when real GOAT are winning it in all the competition they have played, within your self you will now see the different
Re: Luis Enrique: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player In The World" by ChampagnePapiii(m): 5:01pm On Sep 11, 2018
RichDad1:
Na Nairaland Dey sensor my comment o wink Anyways, one man food , another’s poison. �

Lol....i agree with you! but Messi is sha the world Best no lie
Re: Luis Enrique: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player In The World" by Jokerman(m): 5:02pm On Sep 11, 2018
Nonychinonso:

you mean euro 2016?
i will take that but don't tell best portuguese player and athlete of the year is that one award other do it in their respective country , when real GOAT are winning it in all the competition they have played, within your self you will now see the different

What did Messi win with Argentina?? only Golden ball which Blatter gave to him?? after he didn't score or assist after the group stage??
What else??
Re: Luis Enrique: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player In The World" by Nonychinonso(m): 5:10pm On Sep 11, 2018
Jokerman:

What did Messi win with Argentina?? only Golden ball which Blatter gave to him?? after he didn't score or assist after the group stage??
What else??
you called it only which ronaldo can't win, guy it not only , with this your comment it show me that you didn't watch Argentine matches all the goal score by di maria it was messi that assist him, check youtube

1 Like

Re: Luis Enrique: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player In The World" by MJBOLT: 5:14pm On Sep 11, 2018
he has a world cup silver medal with Argentina undecided the 2014 final was billed the best player in the world Vs the best team in the world grin meanwhile Ronaldo is still waiting for eder to take him to the world cup final

Jokerman:

What else??
Re: Luis Enrique: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player In The World" by courna(m): 5:39pm On Sep 11, 2018
Cyberl33t:
Y'all should be ashamed for comparing Ronaldo who has physical advantage to someone with stunted growth!! My point is; for someone with stunted growth to have 5 balloon d'or is a shameful thing to Ronaldo who has all the physical advantage u can think of.

Ronaldo is good no doubt, but to even be in a competition with Messi is shameful sef. I
this comment shows you lack football knowledge
being short is an advantage in football because of the low center of gravity it helps the player strength on ball coupled with balance and it's very easy for them to meander and dazzle with the ball
it makes them do a lot of things with the ball on their feet

perfect examples are Messi, isco,hazard,pele,iniesta,garincha,maradona,neymar,

having physical advantage is mostly for Ariel duels which doesn't have anything much to do with the ball
reason why Ronaldo can head the ball very well
Re: Luis Enrique: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player In The World" by Jokerman(m): 5:40pm On Sep 11, 2018
MJBOLT:
he has a world cup silver medal with Argentina undecided the 2014 final was billed the best player in the world Vs the best team in the world grin meanwhile Ronaldo is still waiting for eder to take him to the world cup final

Yet Ronaldo won 2014 BallonDo'r...

Anyways Messi 0 trophies for Argentina
Ronaldo 1...

Whether we like it or not.....
Re: Luis Enrique: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player In The World" by Nonychinonso(m): 5:55pm On Sep 11, 2018
Jokerman:

Anyways Messi 0 trophies for Argentina
Ronaldo 1...

messi have 2 trophy already pls note that

1 Like

Re: Luis Enrique: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player In The World" by courna(m): 5:56pm On Sep 11, 2018
drips8:

I won't deny the fact that Ronaldo is a fantastic player but messi is better, messi is a team man he creates and scores goals himself, many of messi's goals are solo, Ronaldo needs creators, as good as Ronaldo is, he doesn't score against big teams, besides we all see his tap-ins.

Messi is also more versatile, he plays mostly as an attacking midfielder as of now whereas Ronaldo is always playing as a striker, but still messi scores and creates.

Messi doesn't need to leave la liga, he's a god that is revered by the fans.

I'm sure all you Ronaldo fanboys are waiting for him to score to declare he's the greatest in serie A.

If Ronaldo is the king of football, then messi is the god of football.
so Ronaldo doesn't create goals or assist and who told you Ronaldo is always playing as a striker
all this people that started watching football in 2014 sef
Ronaldo started out as a midfielder later became a winger before turning to a goal machine if you doubt YouTube is there go check them out
and stop saying messi is playing as a midfielder he is started his career playing as a false 9 he also play from the right wing and sometimes as a secondary striker
just that lately his heat map is kinda crazy but that doesn't make him a midfielder ....
he is being nominated him among the best forwards category not midfielders
Re: Luis Enrique: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player In The World" by Icon79(m): 5:57pm On Sep 11, 2018
Do you think that football only amounts to scoring goals? Yes, he's scoring goals but also making them weaker in other areas because he provides ZERO defensive cover.

And by the way, why won't be the highest goal scorer when he takes ALL the penalties and all the direct free kicks? Plus add the fact that Cristiano Ronaldo only plays on the side of the pitch!

If Messi were to stay around the 18 yard and wait for easy goals, he’ll score 91 goals every season. Ronald is an average player who muddies the comparison waters by scoring high volume of cheap goals.

O pari

Jokerman:

Yet Ronaldo is Portugal top scorer and top assister... can't you see your fallacious claims??
Do you know Ronaldo has the highest international goals and assists for 2018 for country??

2 Likes

Re: Luis Enrique: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player In The World" by patrickcollins: 5:57pm On Sep 11, 2018
courna:

this comment shows you lack football knowledge
being short is an advantage in football because of the low center of gravity it helps the player strength on ball coupled with balance and it's very easy for them to meander and dazzle with the ball
it makes them do a lot of things with the ball on their feet

perfect examples are Messi, isco,hazard,pele,iniesta,garincha,maradona,neymar,

having physical advantage is mostly for Ariel duels which doesn't have anything much to do with the ball
reason why Ronaldo can head the ball very well
Is a disadvantage for strikers and goal scorers
Re: Luis Enrique: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player In The World" by sirpedro(m): 6:02pm On Sep 11, 2018
RichDad1:

Get a life kid.
Don’t let your existence resolves around other people’s work.
Get a good job and stop playing bettings cheesy
Guy, you use that usename thinking you could hookup with girls on here... guy I repeat it again my small phone will buy your momma
Re: Luis Enrique: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player In The World" by sirpedro(m): 6:04pm On Sep 11, 2018
RichDad1:

cheesy
See this Nairabet punter. Olodo like you.
Go get a better life. So phone is the priciest possession you have ?
From your submissions, I can deduce how old you are.
Say me well to your parents.
I am sure you’re as poor as your fucking parent.. Just crop and send only the account bal and let see who is richer. God go punish. Idiot..
Re: Luis Enrique: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player In The World" by courna(m): 6:07pm On Sep 11, 2018
Icon79:
Do you think that football only amounts to scoring goals? Yes, he's scoring goals but also making them weaker in other areas because he provides ZERO defensive cover.

And by the way, why won't be the highest goal scorer when he takes ALL the penalties and all the direct free kicks? Plus add the fact that Cristiano Ronaldo only plays on the side of the pitch!

If Messi were to stay around the 18 yard and wait for easy goals, he’ll score 91 goals every season. Ronald is an average player who muddies the comparison waters by scoring high volume of cheap goals.

O pari

for your mind....
so Messi doesn't take freekicks and penalties
if Messi stays in the box he will suffer
Ronaldo runs to the box to wait for crosses from the flanks Messi cant even jump one meter high to save his life talkless of heading the ball
he knows what works for him that's why he is not doing that....
do you think it is easy to make off the ball movements being in the position at the right time
Re: Luis Enrique: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player In The World" by Nonychinonso(m): 6:10pm On Sep 11, 2018
courna:

for your mind....
Ronaldo runs to the box to wait for crosses from the flanks Messi cant even jump one meter high to save his life talkless of heading the ball
do you think it is easy to make off the ball movements being in the position at the right time
he use it to score manu that year don't forget so soon grin
Re: Luis Enrique: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player In The World" by courna(m): 6:12pm On Sep 11, 2018
patrickcollins:
Is a disadvantage for strikers and goal scorers
yeah somehow....
thats why you hardly see short players in the box they can do more with their feet compared to their physique
Re: Luis Enrique: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player In The World" by courna(m): 6:14pm On Sep 11, 2018
Nonychinonso:
he use it to score manu that year don't forget so soon grin
lol something he did just once....
Re: Luis Enrique: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player In The World" by MJBOLT: 6:14pm On Sep 11, 2018
so FIFA under 20 cup is not a trophy??
Jokerman:

Anyways Messi 0 trophies for Argentina Ronaldo 1...

Re: Luis Enrique: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player In The World" by Frankaka8(m): 6:31pm On Sep 11, 2018
sevo:
Yeah rite..cry me a lagoon.its just that FIFA and the hosts of countries that did the nomination draw forget to add him name.haahahaha
messi has 5 worldbest, you and ur generation has 0... game on
Re: Luis Enrique: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player In The World" by Frankaka8(m): 6:33pm On Sep 11, 2018
ominilongest:
and messi never collect premier league grin..

And international trophy grin grin
Olympic gold and u20 worldcup are now domestic or national trophy bah?
Re: Luis Enrique: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player In The World" by Nobody: 6:36pm On Sep 11, 2018
Jokerman:

Bro only a bias mind...will tell you Messi isn't one of the world greatest ever player... buh you Messi fans always discredit Ronaldo, and it's unfair.... however though, records and stats for Ronaldo will always put him up there, whether we like it or not.... grin
No one discredits him, the hyping by the media is too much, anyway me i don't have any problem with that since it's Messi they are always comparing him with.. While the real players keep comparing our G.O.A.T to Pele and Maradona. Penaldo is a worst player, Juventus proves me right. Dazol. Bar bye.

1 Like

Re: Luis Enrique: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player In The World" by Frankaka8(m): 6:37pm On Sep 11, 2018
legba1:

Imagine that line of argument....some1 had conquered several league and u compare same to a player whos scared to venture out of his comfort zone.....
conquered my an.us...he won nothing with sporting lisbon. man utd were favorites then. now he is in Juve who have 6 consecutuve scudetto.... why didnt he join bologna or udinese to drive home his point??

1 Like

Re: Luis Enrique: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player In The World" by RichDad1(m): 6:40pm On Sep 11, 2018
sirpedro:

I am sure you’re as poor as your fucking parent.. Just crop and send only the account bal and let see who is richer. God go punish. Idiot..
It’s paining you abi?
Ok. You’re as rich as Dangote.
However,Why chasing football betting tickets up and down online? grin
Sending account screen shots? I’m sure the only accounts you’ve got are your Nairaland and Bet9ja accounts. cheesy
As for my moniker, try and read up about Robert Kiyosaki. It will do you more good and makes you have a better thinking that betting won’t make you wealthy.
You’ll end up being broke. cool
Elderly advice from me to you. wink
Re: Luis Enrique: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player In The World" by RichDad1(m): 6:45pm On Sep 11, 2018
ChampagnePapiii:

Lol....i agree with you! but Messi is sha the world Best no lie
I’m neither Madrid or Barça fan.
But the Ojoro you guys did to us UCL is the greatest cheating of all time.
Though we’ve proved to be the best afterwards sha tongue
#CFC cool
Re: Luis Enrique: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player In The World" by Jokerman(m): 6:46pm On Sep 11, 2018
Nonychinonso:

messi have 2 trophy already pls note that

Senior trophy is bigger than all those sire.....
Re: Luis Enrique: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player In The World" by Jokerman(m): 6:47pm On Sep 11, 2018
Icon79:

O pari

Lol....Ronaldo average?? Messi fans Sha..... grin... well his record speaks for him anyway... even FIFA 19 confirms it. .
Re: Luis Enrique: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player In The World" by Jokerman(m): 6:48pm On Sep 11, 2018
MJBOLT:
so FIFA under 20 cup is not a trophy??

Lol... tell Messi to win COPA America or the World cup....
Re: Luis Enrique: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player In The World" by Jokerman(m): 6:49pm On Sep 11, 2018
IntrovertedK:
No one discredits him, the hyping by the media is too much, anyway me i don't have any problem with that since it's Messi they are always comparing him with.. While the real players keep comparing our G.O.A.T to Pele and Maradona. Penaldo is a worst player, Juventus proves me right. Dazol. Bar bye.

So Messi isn't hyped

How can a man utd, Real Madrid (biggest club ever) and Portugal legend be hyped??
Re: Luis Enrique: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player In The World" by Icon79(m): 6:52pm On Sep 11, 2018
Oops. Sorry for the typos. I wanted to say:

*And by the way, why won't he be the highest goal scorer when he takes ALL the penalties and all the direct free kicks? Plus add the fact that Cristiano Ronaldo only plays on one side of the pitch!

Jokerman:

Lol....Ronaldo average?? Messi fans Sha..... grin... well his record speaks for him anyway... even FIFA 19 confirms it. .
Re: Luis Enrique: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player In The World" by Icon79(m): 6:57pm On Sep 11, 2018
Listen, CR7 may not be an average player, if I play as a striker in a side that created lots of chances (Real Madrid), I would score many goals too. What really separates the good from the really good is that ability to take a game by the scruff of the neck and create something out of nothing when the need arises, not being overly dependent on your creative colleagues to create tap in opportunities for you.

That's what separates Leo Messi from Cristiano Ronaldo.

O pari

courna:

for your mind....
Re: Luis Enrique: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player In The World" by Jokerman(m): 6:58pm On Sep 11, 2018
Icon79:
Oops. Sorry for the typos. I wanted to say:

*And by the way, why won't he be the highest goal scorer when he takes ALL the penalties and all the direct free kicks? Plus add the fact that Cristiano Ronaldo only plays on one side of the pitch!

Who takes it for Barca and Argentina!??

And what side can your Messi play, LW,RW, SS, CAM.... what about Ronaldo, LW,RW,SS,RM,LM.... so??

Hope you know Man utd, real Madrid and Portugal legend
Re: Luis Enrique: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player In The World" by Jokerman(m): 7:00pm On Sep 11, 2018
Icon79:
Listen, CR7 may not be an average player, if I play as a striker in a side that created lots of chances (Real Madrid), I would score many goals too. What really separates the good from the really good is that ability to take a game by the scruff of the neck and create something out of nothing when the need arises, not being overly dependent on your creative colleagues to create tap in opportunities for you.

That's what separates Leo Messi from Cristiano Ronaldo.

O pari

Why then is Ronaldo Portugal highest goals scorer, and why is he European highest goal scorer, and why is he 2nd highest goal scorer for country ever??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Croatia Vs Canada: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022: (4 -1) On 27th Nov 2022 / CAF Backs Holding World Cup Every 2 Yrs, Approves Super League For African Clubs / Emiliano Sala: Guernsey Police Deliver Search Update - MySportDab

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.