Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,209 members, 7,867,521 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 05:40 PM

Luis Enrique: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player In The World" - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Luis Enrique: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player In The World" (15815 Views)

Arsenal Hold Talks With Luis Enrique As Potential Replacement For Unai Emery / Luis Enrique Resigns As Spain Coach / Meet Luis Enrique Who Is Set To Take Over From Wenger As Arsenal Manager (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Luis Enrique: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player In The World" by perdollar(m): 2:26pm On Sep 11, 2018
anigbajumo:

Says who or ur beer parlour view,last time I check Pele remains one of or the greatest of all time nd he doesn't play in any club in Europe, Ronaldo left Man utd nd they won league after,he doesn't plan in Euro final,left Madrid nd Madrid keep winning....
Pele we do not doubt bc his form in d national team was too good. messi I guess av won d world cup wt his national team on near occasions. better drink ur beer.
Re: Luis Enrique: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player In The World" by aejiikae22: 2:27pm On Sep 11, 2018
legba1:

Imagine that line of argument....some1 had conquered several league and u compare same to a player whos scared to venture out of his comfort zone.....
please how many clubs did pele play for
Re: Luis Enrique: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player In The World" by anigbajumo(m): 2:29pm On Sep 11, 2018
perdollar:
Pele we do not doubt bc his form in d national team was too good. messi I guess av won d world cup wt his national team on near occasions. better drink ur beer.

Mumu,under 20 world cup nd Olympic gold medal was won in Togo national team...

1 Like

Re: Luis Enrique: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player In The World" by Jaytecq(m): 2:48pm On Sep 11, 2018
ola12:

Well, I agree on the fact the d strong teams in laliga are in fact strong, but what about the 17 oda weak teams that messi gets to shine against?, if all teams in laliga were as strong as real madrid, would messi get as much goals, assists, dribbles etc ?

As far as any football fan can see, d only league with a good number of relatively strong teams is premier league(about 6 or 7) which is why I wonder if messi would shine over there

but Messi has destroyed Most of the top team in England nah?
scored 4 against Arsenal
Destroyed Mancity
Planked Chelsea
Dealt with Man U.

anyway i understand what you are trying to say... But I want you to Know that Messi Has Conquered Europe and not Laliga alone.

1 Like

Re: Luis Enrique: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player In The World" by Nonychinonso(m): 2:52pm On Sep 11, 2018
Evangkatsoulis:

He destroyed them while playing for barca. So your point is moot.
it does not matter take it or leave it messi is the best
Re: Luis Enrique: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player In The World" by Cyberl33t: 2:57pm On Sep 11, 2018
Evangkatsoulis:

5' 7" is not stunted growth.

You don't know the medical experiment that gave him that height? Dude has stunted growth until barcelona footed his medical bill.

Now Ronaldo is tall with em six pack, athletic body and some other interesting physique. Compare that to Messi and see what am talking about. Don't forget Ronaldo has two powerful foot!! While Messi only has one!!

A 5'7 man with one foot challenging Ronaldo (don't know his height) with 2 strong feet...

1 Like

Re: Luis Enrique: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player In The World" by RichDad1(m): 3:03pm On Sep 11, 2018
sirpedro:

Oh I see. You father owes nairaland right.
You don’t know me. So stop pouring out nonsense from that gutter u call mouth. I know and confident my phone small phone will buy u(wanted to say will buy ur mom)
cheesy
See this Nairabet punter. Olodo like you.
Go get a better life. So phone is the priciest possession you have ?
From your submissions, I can deduce how old you are.
Say me well to your parents.
Re: Luis Enrique: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player In The World" by RichDad1(m): 3:06pm On Sep 11, 2018
sirpedro:

God bless existence man.. meanwhile their is one idiot here claiming to have a good job his Id is RichDad1. Cr7 use to pull in something meaningless when they ran out of what to say in argument like this.. who cares even if you’re the President of this country.. you ain’t putting good my table..
Get a life kid.
Don’t let your existence revolve around other people’s work.
Get a good job and stop playing bettings cheesy
Re: Luis Enrique: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player In The World" by KevinDein: 3:10pm On Sep 11, 2018
LMAO @ Ronaldo fanboys.
Swapping the richest club in England (Man Utd), for the richest in Spain (Real) and now by far the richest in Italy (juventus) is not exactly challenging.
Swapping a team like Spurs for a team like Valencia and then napoli is what you will call a challenge.

You guys always come up with ridiculous arguments. grin

1 Like

Re: Luis Enrique: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player In The World" by ALAYORMII: 3:11pm On Sep 11, 2018
MJBOLT:
another mumu,how will Messi playing in EPL change the fact that La liga clubs have been dominating Europe since 2014 undecided

Since 2014 bawo

In the last ten years, La Liga has won the champions league nothing less than 7 times and the Europa league too

In the same period, England has one (Chelsea) Germany has one (Bayern)
Re: Luis Enrique: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player In The World" by Evangkatsoulis: 3:25pm On Sep 11, 2018
Cyberl33t:

You don't know the medical experiment that gave him that height? Dude has stunted growth until barcelona footed his medical bill.

Now Ronaldo is tall with em six pack, athletic body and some other interesting physique. Compare that to Messi and see what am talking about. Don't forget Ronaldo has two powerful foot!! While Messi only has one!!

A 5'7 man with one foot challenging Ronaldo (don't know his height) with 2 strong feet...

At the start of his professional(senior) career, messi didn't not have any growth issues and that's what matters.
Ronaldo is right-footed, there is nothing stopping from working on his weak foot. Check out de rossi in euro 2012. He had to use his left foot throughout the tournament because of injuries to his right leg. Pedro, villa, cazorla, sneijder, forlan are examples of right-footed players who worked on their left foot to become ambipedal.
Besides Ronaldo does not take corners, free kicks or penalties with left foot. And it is not like messi can not use his right foot; he has scored a ton of goals with his right. So no excuses.
To add, some of messi's strengths are just flipsides of his weaknesses. Building on his technique because he is neither strong nor the fastest. Also some of his strengths are due his height and light weight. E.g balance(acceleration, change of direction due to low centre of gravity) and his low muscle mass makes him flexible for FEINTING. Same tin for neymar, iniesta, xavi et al.
Re: Luis Enrique: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player In The World" by MJBOLT: 3:39pm On Sep 11, 2018

ALAYORMII:

Since 2014 bawo

In the last ten years, La Liga has won the champions league nothing less than 7 times and the Europa league too

In the same period, England has one (Chelsea) Germany has one (Bayern)
Re: Luis Enrique: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player In The World" by Jokerman(m): 3:42pm On Sep 11, 2018
IntrovertedK:
why are you shining your teeth oga? You didn't see where i said Atletico Madrid player, ba He said that recently when FIFA refuse to list him in the top 3. Buh you don't too worry bro, your Penaldo is coming to declare himself as the world best player in history again even after 4 run with nothing to show for it. grin

Ronaldo has the stats, records and proves to show why he is the best in the world....
Re: Luis Enrique: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player In The World" by Jokerman(m): 3:47pm On Sep 11, 2018
anigbajumo:

Mumu,under 20 world cup nd Olympic gold medal was won in Togo national team...

lol... under 20.... these Messi fans....

Re: Luis Enrique: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player In The World" by yungkels(m): 4:08pm On Sep 11, 2018
Alejoc:
. But we know RONALDO has proved himself in England, Spain and with the Portuguese national team.... Check the records!
and he's currently in italian league, with 0 goals, that dude is the GOAT.
the ewu type of GOAT..!
Re: Luis Enrique: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player In The World" by Icon79(m): 4:09pm On Sep 11, 2018
Haha!! Ewu-can-beer! The Portuguese national team actually plays better without the fake Ronaldo. Check the records!

Anybody who knows anything about football knows that Ronaldo is nothing more than a goal poacher. Messi does EVERYTHING better than Ronaldo, yet some people would claim that Ronaldo is better than Messi. How did that happen?

Well, the legendary Sergio Ramos has an answer - one word: MARKETING.

O pari

Alejoc:
. But we know RONALDO has proved himself in England, Spain and with the Portuguese national team.... Check the records!

1 Like

Re: Luis Enrique: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player In The World" by Alejoc(m): 4:10pm On Sep 11, 2018
IntrovertedK:
which record does he hold in portugal exactly? Except his free penalties and tap ins goals. Mtcheew

He won Euro with an above average team

Messi has not achieved anything outside Barca
Re: Luis Enrique: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player In The World" by MJBOLT: 4:23pm On Sep 11, 2018
under 20 world cup,Olympic gold medal,world cup silver medal,2 copa America silver medals,world cup golden ball were all achieved at Barcelona undecided

Alejoc:

Re: Luis Enrique: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player In The World" by Nobody: 4:35pm On Sep 11, 2018
Alejoc:

oh, you mean the Euro Portugal won without him
Re: Luis Enrique: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player In The World" by Nobody: 4:37pm On Sep 11, 2018
MJBOLT:
under 20 world cup,Olympic gold medal,world cup silver medal,2 copa America silver medals,world cup golden ball were all achieved at Barcelona undecided

they are intentionally ignoring his achievement with Argentina bro, stop wasting your time on all those Penaldo zombies. Like their so called worst world best have anything with Portugal except the Euro Portugal won without him.

2 Likes

Re: Luis Enrique: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player In The World" by Nobody: 4:41pm On Sep 11, 2018
Jokerman:

Ronaldo has the stats, records and proves to show why he is the best in the world....
hahahahahaha, that's true bro. The G.O.A.T has never regard himself as world best buh people won't stop comparing him to Pele and Maradona while our brother won't stop calling himself the best player in history and media hyping him so hard to match Messi. I cannor laugh. Penaldo has stats, records and proves while messi have dream to show that he is equal Pele and Maradona. Jokerman indeed.

1 Like

Re: Luis Enrique: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player In The World" by Nonychinonso(m): 4:47pm On Sep 11, 2018
Alejoc:

averge team that played final without him and win,
messi have won Olympic and under 20 world cup but that not my concern, tell me individual award ronaldo have won with his national team, am putting it to you a good team win trophy not a good player, a good player make sure he win individual ward which messi have done, in all competition messi have played both with barca or off barca he has won the best player of that tournament George weah win the world best player without national trophy and still a legend in Africa continent , messi is just the best

3 Likes

Re: Luis Enrique: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player In The World" by Jokerman(m): 4:48pm On Sep 11, 2018
IntrovertedK:
hahahahahaha, that's true bro. The G.O.A.T has never regard himself as world best buh people won't stop comparing him to Pele and Maradona while our brother won't stop calling himself the best player in history and media hyping him so hard to match Messi. I cannor laugh. Penaldo has stats, records and proves while messi have dream to show that he is equal Pele and Maradona. Jokerman indeed.

Bro only a bias mind...will tell you Messi isn't one of the world greatest ever player... buh you Messi fans always discredit Ronaldo, and it's unfair.... however though, records and stats for Ronaldo will always put him up there, whether we like it or not.... grin
Re: Luis Enrique: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player In The World" by Jokerman(m): 4:49pm On Sep 11, 2018
Nonychinonso:

averge team that played final without him and win,
messi have won Olympic and under 20 world cup but that not my concern, tell me individual award ronaldo have won with his national team, am ptting it to you a good team win trophy not a good player, a good player make sure he individual ward which messi have done, in all competition messi have played both with barca or off barca he has won the best player of that tournament George weah win the world best player without national trophy and still a legend in Africa continent , messi is just the best

Ronaldo...

Best Portuguese player and athlete of the year..
Euro 2018 silver ball and silver boot with Portugal..
Euro 2004 silver medal
Re: Luis Enrique: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player In The World" by Jokerman(m): 4:52pm On Sep 11, 2018
IntrovertedK:
they are intentionally ignoring his achievement with Argentina bro, stop wasting your time on all those Penaldo zombies. Like their so called worst world best have anything with Portugal except the Euro Portugal won without him.

introvertedK... kilode... Ronaldo score 3 and assisted 3 at that tournament... have you forgotten?? so because he couldn't finish the finals ( which you guys deliberately paid payet for), means he didn't do nothing for Portugal??
Re: Luis Enrique: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player In The World" by jimony30: 4:53pm On Sep 11, 2018
PUSSYBBQGRILLS:
No doubt, Ronaldo is the best.

But Messi is better....

If you see, you see...
All I see is that Messi is better than ronaldo
Re: Luis Enrique: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player In The World" by Jokerman(m): 4:54pm On Sep 11, 2018
Icon79:
Haha!! Ewu-can-beer! The Portuguese national team actually plays better without the fake Ronaldo. Check the records!

Anybody who knows anything about football knows that Ronaldo is nothing more than a goal poacher. Messi does EVERYTHING better than Ronaldo, yet some people would claim that Ronaldo is better than Messi. How did that happen?

Well, the legendary Sergio Ramos has an answer - one word: MARKETING.

O pari

Yet Ronaldo is Portugal top scorer and top assister... can't you see your fallacious claims??
Do you know Ronaldo has the highest international goals and assists for 2018 for country??
Re: Luis Enrique: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player In The World" by Kingspin(m): 4:56pm On Sep 11, 2018
Alejoc:
Messi is a complete player then Ronaldo just like 2pac beat Biggie in overall as artiste.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

CAF Backs Holding World Cup Every 2 Yrs, Approves Super League For African Clubs / Emiliano Sala: Guernsey Police Deliver Search Update - MySportDab / Super Eagles: Is Jose Peseiro The Man To Take Us To The Promised Land?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.