Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,770 members, 7,809,962 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:57 PM

Nigeria Economy Rated Best In Africa By Forbes-see Link - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Economy Rated Best In Africa By Forbes-see Link (29202 Views)

Realities Of Nigeria’s Diminishing Relevance To U.S., Africa By Princeton Lyman / Why Nigeria Cannot Afford A Stand-Off With South Africa By Kakanda (Al-jazeera) / Nigeria Economy Rated The Best In Africa By Forbes - See Link (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Economy Rated Best In Africa By Forbes-see Link by otino(m): 6:36am On Sep 12, 2018
When elections are at the corner u see such journalism. I have to go the link provided to read the article and even download the report. Then I have this to say

1. Forbes did not rate Nigerias economy as best in Africa but rather it says "In spite of difficult times, Nigeria has been rated as the top 10 most improved economies in 2016/2017". Mr. Venkatapathy Venkataraman Group MD at NIPCO went further to say “Nigeria is a very resilient country in terms of economy,” so I don't see where a scale rating of 1-10 in Africa placing nigeria at the top spot. in as much as we so much love our economy to be strong among nations we should stop politicizing it.

2. As for me a good economy should reflect on the standard of living of its citizens. it's not a rocket science.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Economy Rated Best In Africa By Forbes-see Link by Babzrockman: 6:40am On Sep 12, 2018
truthfulparrot:
How daft and gullible can you people be! The best measurement of the well-being of people in any nation is per capital income. Nigerian per capital income is ridiculously low. More than 75% of Nigerians are living below 1dollar a day. Unemployment is climbing up daily...... among others economic woes. Nigeria now has the highest numbers of poor people in the world. Even PMB do not dispute that fact but some daft zombies will come to nairaland to spew thrash. Pathetic!

It's very pathetic to see that ur political affiliation betrayed Ur true common sense.

In 1990, India economy rated d most fastest one and they were at d time d most poorest.

China is the largest and most effective economy right now and the poverty rate is still on d high side.

Yea per capital income determines d well being of d people. But turn of good economy enhances per capital income

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Economy Rated Best In Africa By Forbes-see Link by NotAZombie: 6:48am On Sep 12, 2018
Babzrockman:

What are u talking about? Blow us with facts! Nigeria's economy like u said is the largest but not most effective and or best in Africa.. not until this latest ranking by Forbes.

We should be thanking God... we don't have to relate every single story to politics
It is a pity that foolish ones are much in nairaland.They post misleading headings and doesn't know how to interpret messages. I want you and your foolish ones who liked your post to go check the content again. Mumu people. Twitter is the best with analyst unlike nairaland with dummies. Please don't believe anything by ButterflyleO. The guy dey post fake news. I know he is not the one who wrote this post but one thing I am sure of is that these BMCs are not much. One of them could have like 6 accounts e.g. Sarki,ButterflyleO. They have lots of accounts under different names. They like and comment on their post with their other monikers.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Economy Rated Best In Africa By Forbes-see Link by Rigel95(m): 6:49am On Sep 12, 2018
Freetech:
Hurray good news to the patriots. Here is the global rating of Nigeria economy so far so good in 2018.

A standing ovation for the wonderful team of PMB.

Forbes rates Nigeria as 2018 best economy in Africa -

https://www.forbesafrica.com/economy/2018/04/09/making-nigeria/

https://www.von.gov.ng/forbes-rates-nigeria-as-2018-best-economy-in-africa/

Do you agree, please present your argument with facts and figures.

Before you begin to write consider the following points.

Technically this government have liquidated all the loans she took so far. Wait before you cry foul. Nigeria total debt @ December 2014 was $67bill this converted to Naira @ N179/$ is N12Trn. However this same amount converted at current exchange rate @ N310/$ is N20Trn. Now add the 5 months salary borrowed to pay civil servants, N200bill subsidy debt and N1trn owe local contractors.

Considering the fact that current debt profile stood at N22Trn @ N310/$ is just $70bill. This is the fact the opposition doesn't want you to know and the reason they only quote Nigeria debt in Naira to deceive lazy Nigeria who cannot think on their own.

While one will forgive not so intelligent Dino, it's highly pathetic that Peter Obi also follow up on this lie.

Below you will also find Nigeria foreign reserve journey to date

Finally, talking about resources available. Comparing the first 3 years of Gej and PMB, Gej made $393bill while PMB made just $96bill. According to the link below Gej depleted foreign reserve to $29bill and PMB grew it to $45bill. You know what they both did with the resources.

Are you still not convinced, take a trip to Venezuela, or Agentina where interest rate is 60%, Greece, Zimbabwe and I'm sure how mismanaged economy look like

December 2014
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/07/n12trn- debt-profile-worsens-nigerias-woes/

https://nairametrics.com/nigerias-historical-external-reserves/

Example of mismanaged economy

www-bbc-com.0.i.org/news/business-45360223?iorg_service_id_internal=624173547714020">https://https-www-bbc-com.0.i.org/news/business-45360223?iorg_service_id_internal=624173547714020%3BAfqezR6Gu4uGVZk0
Now I know many Nigerians are not very smart.

What indices was used to arrive at this conclusion? Just the word of mouth of four individuals.

Sounds more like "if Major said it, then it must be true"

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Economy Rated Best In Africa By Forbes-see Link by Btruth: 6:49am On Sep 12, 2018
..........and who FORBES help?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Economy Rated Best In Africa By Forbes-see Link by Babzrockman: 6:52am On Sep 12, 2018
NotAZombie:

It is a pity that foolish ones are much in nairaland.They post misleading headings and doesn't know how to interpret messages. I want you and your foolish ones who liked your post to go check the content again. Mumu people. Twitter is the best with analyst unlike nairaland with dummies. Please don't believe anything by ButterflyleO. The guy dey post fake news. I know he is not the one who wrote this post but one thing I am sure of is that these BMCs are not much. One of them could have like 6 accounts e.g. Sarki,ButterflyleO. They have lots of accounts under different names. They like and comment on their post with their other monikers.

Your moniker has said it all. U just decide to call someone u don't know a fool.

I just hope u dont have wards under you. Because they may lack home training like u
Re: Nigeria Economy Rated Best In Africa By Forbes-see Link by arabbunkum: 6:55am On Sep 12, 2018
May you satanic agents deceiving PMB that he is doing well, die by fire!!!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Economy Rated Best In Africa By Forbes-see Link by FarahAideed: 6:58am On Sep 12, 2018
How did a paid advertorial on Forbes Africa become a fact ..please the Nigerian govt paid for the article to in a bid to launder its image and some shallow people think it's the opinion of Forbes

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Economy Rated Best In Africa By Forbes-see Link by Buterflyle0: 6:59am On Sep 12, 2018
Colourich:
What is this government committed to doing? the recession you claim the maneuvered us out of is the same recession the pushed the economy into, they have been hitting and ringing bells on economic diversification, but up to now nothing to show for, even the 2017 Economic Recovery Growth Plan is a total failure, so spare us the undeserving praise you are giving them. You keep hitting on ROI, what investment has the government done with the debts to get ROI? the government can't even boost of what the used the Abacha recovered loot to do, what the government will say is that it was shared to the poor when we all know it has been looted for 2019 upcoming election which is the reason for the much money in circulation causing CBN to use contractionary monetary policy before we hit an all time inflation next year, what reasonable project have the government embarked on?

You need to understand how something works before you begin saying anything about it especially when it has to do with the economy.

What you just typed is like someone saying I want to start making profit from the provisions I put on my shop when there is neither a shop nor provisions to make profit from.

Past administrations abandoned about 1000 projects which this present administration is committed to finish ( except of course the abandoned PDP secretariat)

Buhari when he came on quickly focused on agriculture and tried to shift our focus a bit away from oil and he succeeded especially considering that at that time oil priced had crashed. This was a blessing.

Before we can have our GDP growing in leaps and bounds we need to first have something that would enable this to happen. Much like putting provisions in a shop so you can make profit from it.

There had been massive infrastructural drive by this administration which at completion would begin driving our GDP growth as it would fuel other sectors of the economy and enable an ease In its further diversification.

Abacha recovered loot being shared to the poor is a very correct thing to do because pending this infrastructural completion, people must not starve especially those at the lowest rungs of the economic ladder which was why the FG introduced the social welfare program for the poorest in the society.

Other monies would go into developing the areas you seek and are already going into it.

Its on record that no administration has had direct impression on its citizens like this one has.

This is the first time anything like social welfare has ever been embarked on in Nigeria and this is also the first time that lower end market people and traders are being directly assisted by this government due to their inability to provide collateral for loans from banks in order to grow their business.

You asked what reasonable project has this government embarked on.

Your question should have been, what reasonable project did the past PDP government finish in 16, years of their rule?

If they had finished any, we would not have felt the recession like we did. Their focus was rather on ensuring our foreign reserves got badly depleted.

Right now rice farming is booming and getting better. Exports of agricultural produce have increased. Even if oil is still yielding for us, it would be much better when other sectors also yield alongside as that would enable the entire economy to grow faster.

Consider it this way, it is better for you to have 5 rich people in your family so you can share the burden of responsibility than for you to be the only rich person thereby becoming overburdened

This government will no longer service the minority of the elite as previous governments did. Its aim is to focus on the teeming masses who have long been neglected.

Goodmorning

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Economy Rated Best In Africa By Forbes-see Link by lagdmark(m): 7:01am On Sep 12, 2018
Freetech:

This is the problem with you Igbos and supporter of pdp, here's presented facts and figures. The best thing is to counter it with superior argument back with. your facts and figures. What you typed here show you as one of lazy youth. Sorry.
Sorry Bro, even if Nigeria's economy is rated the best 10 in the world today, it's only in the news/ social media,
Moreover, the APC govt.have been bombarding the country with series of propaganda we don't believe then anymore. Lack of trust.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Economy Rated Best In Africa By Forbes-see Link by ajl: 7:01am On Sep 12, 2018
It's like saying a man with an empty stomach just won a marathon among a group of able body men with fairly full stomach. So, where is the electricity driving this "best" economy coming from?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Economy Rated Best In Africa By Forbes-see Link by Buterflyle0: 7:01am On Sep 12, 2018
NotAZombie:

Be fooling yourself here.

Use your real.moniker and stop jumping from one moniker to another saying all.manner of rubbish

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Economy Rated Best In Africa By Forbes-see Link by truthfulparrot(m): 7:04am On Sep 12, 2018
Babzrockman:

It's very pathetic to see that ur political affiliation betrayed Ur true common sense.

In 1990, India economy rated d most fastest one and they were at d time d most poorest.

China is the largest and most effective economy right now and the poverty rate is still on d high side.

Yea per capital income determines d well being of d people. But turn of good economy enhances per capital income
That is why most of you are always getting it wrong. You think everything is all about politics. You fail to improve yourself. Do a little bit of research and read carefully the Forbes report on Nigeria. The article highlights the fact that Nigeria is the biggest economy in Africa in terms of GDP. The fact is that with the rebasing carried out, Nigeria has been the the largest economy in Africa since 2013. With population of over 180mill and large deposits of crude oil,this is expected. But in terms of the living standard, Nigeria is not even among the first ten countries in Africa. The per capita income of India and China is very high compared to Nigeria. India and China has population that is more than five times than that of Nigeria and yet the two countries has far better standard of living. Is it not frightening that Nigeria now has the highest concentration of extremely poor people in the world? It is a pity that our youths have abandoned reading culture.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Economy Rated Best In Africa By Forbes-see Link by grandstar(m): 7:10am On Sep 12, 2018
I'm sure Forbes staff are now high on codeine and weed.

How can you say best managed when there exist multiple exchange rates?

How can you best managed when there's at least a 10% gap between the official and black market rate for the Naira?

Cumulative growth rate has been at best 1% yearly since the start of this government.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Economy Rated Best In Africa By Forbes-see Link by Nobody: 7:11am On Sep 12, 2018
now i know that forbes is not an objective appraiser, can these jokers marry their statistics with whats on the streets in nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Economy Rated Best In Africa By Forbes-see Link by Babzrockman: 7:12am On Sep 12, 2018
truthfulparrot:
That is why most of you are always getting it wrong. You think everything is all about politics. You fail to improve yourself. Do a little bit of research and read carefully the Forbes report on Nigeria. The article highlights the fact that Nigeria is the biggest economy in Africa in terms of GDP. The fact is that with the rebasing carried out, Nigeria has been the the largest economy in Africa since 2013. With population of over 180mill and large deposits of crude oil,this is expected. But in terms of the living standard, Nigeria is not even among the first ten countries in Africa. The per capita income of India and China is very high compared to Nigeria. India and China has population that is more than five times than that of Nigeria and yet the two countries has far better standard of living. Is it not frightening that Nigeria now has the highest concentration of extremely poor people in the world? It is a pity that our youths have abandoned reading culture.

This time around u have tried and I acknowledged some of Ur facts. U can as well do some research about your country.

Reading habit can always be improved on.

Economy can be view in many ways.
Re: Nigeria Economy Rated Best In Africa By Forbes-see Link by tundess: 7:12am On Sep 12, 2018
Who is penresa ? Seems they have invested in the Eko Atlantic project. And are therefore invested in claiming Nigeria is ripe for investment.
The article has no author and only airy claims of optimism.
Go to any rural setting and tell them life is better. There's your answer.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Economy Rated Best In Africa By Forbes-see Link by phabulux: 7:14am On Sep 12, 2018
sirfemoz:

Is there any comparison in that write-up? Or you are just frustrated.

Oh, I feel your pain. You are looking for comparison, right?

You may not find it. I always take every opportunity I get to lambast you asinine fools.
Re: Nigeria Economy Rated Best In Africa By Forbes-see Link by 2016v2017: 7:14am On Sep 12, 2018
%5
Freetech:
Hurray good news to the patriots. Here is the global rating of Nigeria economy so far so good in 2018.

A standing ovation for the wonderful team of PMB.

Forbes rates Nigeria as 2018 best economy in Africa -

https://www.forbesafrica.com/economy/2018/04/09/making-nigeria/

https://www.von.gov.ng/forbes-rates-nigeria-as-2018-best-economy-in-africa/

Do you agree, please present your argument with facts and figures.

Before you begin to write consider the following points.

Technically this government have liquidated all the loans she took so far. Wait before you cry foul. Nigeria total debt @ December 2014 was $67bill this converted to Naira @ N179/$ is N12Trn. However this same amount converted at current exchange rate @ N310/$ is N20Trn. Now add the 5 months salary borrowed to pay civil servants, N200bill subsidy debt and N1trn owe local contractors.

Considering the fact that current debt profile stood at N22Trn @ N310/$ is just $70bill. This is the fact the opposition doesn't want you to know and the reason they only quote Nigeria debt in Naira to deceive lazy Nigeria who cannot think on their own.

While one will forgive not so intelligent Dino, it's highly pathetic that Peter Obi also follow up on this lie.

Below you will also find Nigeria foreign reserve journey to date

Finally, talking about resources available. Comparing the first 3 years of Gej and PMB, Gej made $393bill while PMB made just $96bill. According to the link below Gej depleted foreign reserve to $29bill and PMB grew it to $45bill. You know what they both did with the resources.

Are you still not convinced, take a trip to Venezuela, or Agentina where interest rate is 60%, Greece, Zimbabwe and I'm sure how mismanaged economy look like

December 2014
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/07/n12trn- debt-profile-worsens-nigerias-woes/

https://nairametrics.com/nigerias-historical-external-reserves/

Example of mismanaged economy

www-bbc-com.0.i.org/news/business-45360223?iorg_service_id_internal=624173547714020">https://https-www-bbc-com.0.i.org/news/business-45360223?iorg_service_id_internal=624173547714020%3BAfqezR6Gu4uGVZk0
laughable.
BMC try harder

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Economy Rated Best In Africa By Forbes-see Link by olusipimp(m): 7:15am On Sep 12, 2018
Re: Nigeria Economy Rated Best In Africa By Forbes-see Link by AnanseK(m): 7:15am On Sep 12, 2018
porka:
Expect this type of nonsense from this illiterates as we get nearer to the elections.

Their targets are extremely dumb people like themselves who don't know their left from their right.

Expect such lifeless claims from their conjured FORBES, CNN and several others as they dish out blatant lies and satanic falsehoods about Buhari's phantom integrity.

Idiotic Pigs of Biafra can only insult , cannot argue with facts. Hatred as well as criminality are in their genes. God bless PMB and his team for working hard to salvage Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Economy Rated Best In Africa By Forbes-see Link by Princedapace(m): 7:19am On Sep 12, 2018
Babzrockman:

What are u talking about? Blow us with facts! Nigeria's economy like u said is the largest but not most effective and or best in Africa.. not until this latest ranking by Forbes.

We should be thanking God... we don't have to relate every single story to politics

The same economy with the highest number of poorest people on earth? Was it not here the publication was made about Nigeria having the highest number of poor people? The same country that has over taken India with highest number of poor people?

U see, that is why I got tired of this platform. A lot of unintelligent people here. Best economy has nothing to do with effective economy. Nigeria is a large country, the largest black country on earth.

That easily make economy large and best because money must flow in and out.. However, how that translate into good standard of living becomes the key point.

The standard of living here is pathetic, educational system is terrible, roads are bloody, no constant electricity, salaries are poor, puchasing power is really low, etc. These are factors that determine the standard of living of the people..

we celebrate these leaders too much and it is so unfair that you and I who know try to brain wash the teeming number of our citizens who dont know these things..

The question is, how many Nigerians can afford to buy decent stuff in the current economy?

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Economy Rated Best In Africa By Forbes-see Link by DoubleO07: 7:19am On Sep 12, 2018
To be honest I do not know who does all this ratings and all.

I am not here to insult any one or any party. But how can this be true when states in Nigeria have not paid salaries for MONTHS

The FG is giving people N10,000 Loan to buy what exactly. In this economy
The Standard of living of people has gone so bad to the point of Nigeria falling below the likes of India with poverty rating to mention but a few

So how exactly is Nigeria rated the best in Africa by Forbes and by what measure when People are complaining day in day out.

Or do we have another Nigeria in Africa that we do not know about?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Economy Rated Best In Africa By Forbes-see Link by tjmc: 7:21am On Sep 12, 2018

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Economy Rated Best In Africa By Forbes-see Link by Toxydon147: 7:22am On Sep 12, 2018
So finally we were able to bought over Forbes . Nothing bribe no fit do ooh��‍♂️ money is good.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Economy Rated Best In Africa By Forbes-see Link by Daulah(m): 7:22am On Sep 12, 2018
Sai Baba

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Economy Rated Best In Africa By Forbes-see Link by michoim(m): 7:24am On Sep 12, 2018
Sai Baba till 2023
Re: Nigeria Economy Rated Best In Africa By Forbes-see Link by jerrybabasam: 7:26am On Sep 12, 2018
Are the people at Forbes alright ?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Economy Rated Best In Africa By Forbes-see Link by Makapounse(m): 7:26am On Sep 12, 2018
Let The Forbes come in to Nigeria and know how Nigerians buy our daily consumption at high Price during this regime, before they rate Nigeria, They can't just stand outside and be rating us

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Economy Rated Best In Africa By Forbes-see Link by Jaymaxxy(m): 7:27am On Sep 12, 2018
porka:
Expect this type of nonsense from this illiterates as we get nearer to the elections.

Their targets are extremely dumb people like themselves who don't know their left from their right.

Expect such lifeless claims from their conjured FORBES, CNN and several others as they dish out blatant lies and satanic falsehoods about Buhari's phantom integrity.

That's where I have issues with you guys. You would have believed the numbers without trying to confirm if the numbers are negative. All

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Elizabeth Ativie, New Edo Speaker / EFCC Reveals How Much Of Diezani’s Loot Has Been Recovered / ‘Don’t Allow Your Morale Dwindle,’ Army Chief Urges Troops After Niger Ambush

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.