Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,142 members, 7,815,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

Nigeria Economy Rated Best In Africa By Forbes-see Link - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Economy Rated Best In Africa By Forbes-see Link (29240 Views)

Realities Of Nigeria’s Diminishing Relevance To U.S., Africa By Princeton Lyman / Why Nigeria Cannot Afford A Stand-Off With South Africa By Kakanda (Al-jazeera) / Nigeria Economy Rated The Best In Africa By Forbes - See Link (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Economy Rated Best In Africa By Forbes-see Link by jerrybabasam: 7:28am On Sep 12, 2018
I can't believe Forbes anymore.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Economy Rated Best In Africa By Forbes-see Link by Taich(m): 7:29am On Sep 12, 2018
What crime has Nigerians committed, Oh Lord please forgive us. An article that was written in April by a CEO of a company seeking favour is suddenly a point of reference, is well with my nation,my people read.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Economy Rated Best In Africa By Forbes-see Link by erico2k2(m): 7:31am On Sep 12, 2018
wristbangle:

Smooth and well grounded analysis.
Now U swallowed all the big grammes without even bothering to do your own research at 1st glance .
Well I understand you clearly .

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Economy Rated Best In Africa By Forbes-see Link by DoubleO07: 7:32am On Sep 12, 2018
Exactly. Because when people come here to speak about things, I wonder if they stay in the same Nigeria or another Nigeria.

Nigerians should stop this Insults on each other and self defense of failure by the politicians and lets fix this country

We all need to tell each other the truth about what is really is going on in Nigeria.

I read last night online that the Osun state Gov. Just released some billions to Pay 4 months outstanding salaries just days to elections.

You know till now I still cant imagine what a father will tell his kids for 4 months of going to work but coming back home with nothing
How did they even go to work for 4 months without pay.
Did they walk or put water in the car to drive.

You know sometimes when I think about how Nigeria leaders act, you will think its terrible until you now listen to some of the citizens come online to defend them, that my friend I just cant imagine.

Its like seeing a color in black and you are saying its white and you defend what its clearly seen and you are abusing people just because they say the truth about it been white.

Princedapace:

The same economy with the highest number of poorest people on earth? Was it not here the publication was made about Nigeria having the highest number of poor people? The same country that has over taken India with highest number of poor people?

U see, that is why I got tired of this platform. A lot of unintelligent people here. Best economy has nothing to do with effective economy. Nigeria is a large country, the largest black country on earth.

That easily make economy large and best because money must flow in and out.. However, how that translate into good standard of living becomes the key point.

The standard of living here is pathetic, educational system is terrible, roads are bloody, no constant electricity, salaries are poor, puchasing power is really low, etc. These are factors that determine the standard of living of the people..

we celebrate these leaders too much and it is so unfair that you and I who know try to brain wash the teeming number of our citizens who dont know these things..

The question is, how many Nigerians can afford to buy decent stuff in the current economy?

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Economy Rated Best In Africa By Forbes-see Link by NairaMaster1(m): 7:37am On Sep 12, 2018
Babzrockman:

What are u talking about? Blow us with facts! Nigeria's economy like u said is the largest but not most effective and or best in Africa.. not until this latest ranking by Forbes.

We should be thanking God... we don't have to relate every single story to politics

You forgot one thing: Nigeria is a home to the poorest people on earth.

We took over India under PMB.

Do you understand?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Economy Rated Best In Africa By Forbes-see Link by Buterflyle0: 7:40am On Sep 12, 2018
otino:
When elections are at the corner u see such journalism. I have to go the link provided to read the article and even download the report. Then I have this to say

1. Forbes did not rate Nigerias economy as best in Africa but rather it says "In spite of difficult times, Nigeria has been rated as the top 10 most improved economies in 2016/2017". Mr. Venkatapathy Venkataraman Group MD at NIPCO went further to say “Nigeria is a very resilient country in terms of economy,” so I don't see where a scale rating of 1-10 in Africa placing nigeria at the top spot. in as much as we so much love our economy to be strong among nations we should stop politicizing it.

2. As for me a good economy should reflect on the standard of living of its citizens. it's not a rocket science.

See how confused you are.

From the article again

Nigeria remains a highly appealing destination for investors. Mr Tunde Fowler, Chairman at FIRS elaborates, “Nigeria is an investor’s heaven with so much potential; from industry to agriculture to telecommunications. There’s so much room for expansion and the ease of doing business ensures that anyone who has a business, or who intends to start a business, will not have to face any bureaucracy, roadblocks or hindrance.

Nigeria’s government is determined to provide profound and long-term change in economic prosperity and stability; there remains little doubt that it is Nigeria’s destiny to uphold the title of largest economy in Africa for a long time yet

You mentioned that the article didnt rate us best economy in africa right?

Nigerias economy is THE LARGEST IN AFRICA does that not translate to THE BEST IN AFRICA?

This is the haven for investments. The most attractive for investments due to the large nature of the economy which is being made even larger by PMB with his economic diversification drives.

Your error is assuming that when they talk about economy it means they are talking about you and me. They are actually talking about THE BEST FOR INVESTMENTS due to its large and still diversifying economic programs embarked by this present FG

Of course ultimately all that would in turn begin to affect the common man positively as we go further along
Re: Nigeria Economy Rated Best In Africa By Forbes-see Link by Buterflyle0: 7:41am On Sep 12, 2018
jerrybabasam:
I can't believe Forbes anymore.

Copy and paste people who do not think for themselves or ask for help to understand what they do not know is who you are
Re: Nigeria Economy Rated Best In Africa By Forbes-see Link by Smooyis(m): 7:41am On Sep 12, 2018
It's like the word 'best' has a different meaning which is unknown to me. shocked shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Economy Rated Best In Africa By Forbes-see Link by erico2k2(m): 7:41am On Sep 12, 2018
Buterflyle0:
The most annoying thing is that the media would never publish this sort of news. But would be quick to publish all manner of negatives
Plz take ur time to read the forbes link not the post by Op . He is clearly one of the paid or blind supporters of dem politicians . Forbes clearly said one of the top 10 . The last FG forbes said we are number one not one of the top 10.we might as well be number 10 right now. I like to know where OP is plucking figures frm.when our debt keep rising with little and nothing to show for it.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Economy Rated Best In Africa By Forbes-see Link by BlackBaron: 7:41am On Sep 12, 2018
Don't know about best.
The economy has certainly tanked and consumer spending is down by over 70%.

My company used to clear N1 million or less over that a month on Konga/Jumia. Towards the tail end of Goodluck's it began to dip. In Buhari tenure, we're effectively doing 60-90% less of what we used to earn in the past.

If this is the 'best economy', then all of Africa is doomed!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Economy Rated Best In Africa By Forbes-see Link by erico2k2(m): 7:44am On Sep 12, 2018
Buterflyle0:

See how confused you are.

From the article again

Nigeria remains a highly appealing destination for investors. Mr Tunde Fowler, Chairman at FIRS elaborates, “Nigeria is an investor’s heaven with so much potential; from industry to agriculture to telecommunications. There’s so much room for expansion and the ease of doing business ensures that anyone who has a business, or who intends to start a business, will not have to face any bureaucracy, roadblocks or hindrance.

Nigeria’s government is determined to provide profound and long-term change in economic prosperity and stability; there remains little doubt that it is Nigeria’s destiny to uphold the title of largest economy in Africa for a long time yet

You mentioned that the article didnt rate us best economy in africa right?

Nigerias economy is THE LARGEST IN AFRICA does that not translate to THE BEST IN AFRICA?

This is the haven for investments. The most attractive for investments due to the large nature of the economy which is being made even larger by PMB with his economic diversification drives.

Your error is assuming that when they talk about economy it means they are talking about you and me. They are actually talking about THE BEST FOR INVESTMENTS due to its large and still diversifying economic programs embarked by this present FG

Of course ultimately all that would in turn begin to affect the common man positively as we go further along
And you are here trying to have an intelligent conversation . How can U say the Economy of a place is not the representative of its occupants which is U and me.who then are the producers and the consumers if not me and you??

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Economy Rated Best In Africa By Forbes-see Link by Babzrockman: 7:44am On Sep 12, 2018
NairaMaster1:

Do you understand?

Yes.

Nigeria shall be great again either with Buhari or any other Person at helm of affair.
Re: Nigeria Economy Rated Best In Africa By Forbes-see Link by Buterflyle0: 7:45am On Sep 12, 2018
NairaMaster1:

Do you understand?

Yet India is seen as an industrial nation but was still ranked poorly.

You need to stop being emotional and know that when we talk about the economy most times it has nothing to do with you or me but mostly about investments into the country without which there would be no you or me to talk about.

No country survives Alone.

This FG is diversifying our economy and putting infrastructure which would make this easier alongside it so that we can begin getting our ROI very fast and it is only when that begins to happen that you would feel the impact positively on the common man and not before.

All you see is what you wrote but smarter people see the things being done to improve on such issues and ultimately erase them

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Economy Rated Best In Africa By Forbes-see Link by GavelSlam: 7:46am On Sep 12, 2018
Freetech:

Another crappy nonsense to save face. You are one of those jumping up and down applauding the lie of Peter Obi. Tell us now whether what Vanguard reported and respected Forbes is a lie.

Be happy that better is eventually here.

That nonentity you quoted is an IPOB anarchist. He would never have anything intelligent to contribute.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Economy Rated Best In Africa By Forbes-see Link by Buterflyle0: 7:46am On Sep 12, 2018
erico2k2:

And you are here trying to have an intelligent conversation . How can U say the Economy of a place is not the representative of its occupants which is U and me.who then are the producers and the consumers if not me and you??

Read what I wrote again because your comment shows you didn't understand it by miles.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Economy Rated Best In Africa By Forbes-see Link by Okezedan(m): 7:48am On Sep 12, 2018
What are the parameters for rating Nigeria's Economy has the best in Africa? When Nigeria can't have steady power of supply when smaller countries like Kenya, Benin, Togo e.t.c are enjoying stable Light

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Economy Rated Best In Africa By Forbes-see Link by Buterflyle0: 7:48am On Sep 12, 2018
BlackBaron:
Don't know about best.
The economy has certainly tanked and consumer spending is down by over 70%.

My company used to clear N1 million or less over that a month on Konga/Jumia. Towards the tail end of Goodluck's it began to dip. In Buhari tenure, we're effectively doing 60-90% less of what we used to earn in the past.

If this is the 'best economy', then all of Africa is doomed!

Don't blame the FG for your ineptitude.

People are being made to look inward now and that is a good thing. You on the other hand should learn how to cash in on that shift rather than remaining where you are when people have moved on

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Economy Rated Best In Africa By Forbes-see Link by BabaEleko(m): 7:49am On Sep 12, 2018
MrPolitics:
What is this one saying? Nigeria has been Africa's largest economy since 2013 and is definetely not Africa's best performing economy in 2018 with such slow GDP growth.
But it remains the largest economy

Bros you can lie oooo
Re: Nigeria Economy Rated Best In Africa By Forbes-see Link by Nobody: 7:50am On Sep 12, 2018
Freetech:
Hurray good news to the patriots. Here is the global rating of Nigeria economy so far so good in 2018.

A standing ovation for the wonderful team of PMB.

Forbes rates Nigeria as 2018 best economy in Africa -

https://www.forbesafrica.com/economy/2018/04/09/making-nigeria/

https://www.von.gov.ng/forbes-rates-nigeria-as-2018-best-economy-in-africa/

Do you agree, please present your argument with facts and figures.

Before you begin to write consider the following points.

Technically this government have liquidated all the loans she took so far. Wait before you cry foul. Nigeria total debt @ December 2014 was $67bill this converted to Naira @ N179/$ is N12Trn. However this same amount converted at current exchange rate @ N310/$ is N20Trn. Now add the 5 months salary borrowed to pay civil servants, N200bill subsidy debt and N1trn owe local contractors.

Considering the fact that current debt profile stood at N22Trn @ N310/$ is just $70bill. This is the fact the opposition doesn't want you to know and the reason they only quote Nigeria debt in Naira to deceive lazy Nigeria who cannot think on their own.

While one will forgive not so intelligent Dino, it's highly pathetic that Peter Obi also follow up on this lie.

Below you will also find Nigeria foreign reserve journey to date

Finally, talking about resources available. Comparing the first 3 years of Gej and PMB, Gej made $393bill while PMB made just $96bill. According to the link below Gej depleted foreign reserve to $29bill and PMB grew it to $45bill. You know what they both did with the resources.

Are you still not convinced, take a trip to Venezuela, or Agentina where interest rate is 60%, Greece, Zimbabwe and I'm sure how mismanaged economy look like

December 2014
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/07/n12trn- debt-profile-worsens-nigerias-woes/

https://nairametrics.com/nigerias-historical-external-reserves/

Example of mismanaged economy

www-bbc-com.0.i.org/news/business-45360223?iorg_service_id_internal=624173547714020">https://https-www-bbc-com.0.i.org/news/business-45360223?iorg_service_id_internal=624173547714020%3BAfqezR6Gu4uGVZk0

you been scammed. forbesafrica is not owned by Forbes. the owners of Forbes Africa just stole the Forbes and added Africa so they can sound credible.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Economy Rated Best In Africa By Forbes-see Link by Citizen0(m): 7:50am On Sep 12, 2018
mbos:
lifeless country giving bribe to Forbes for Image making

Forbes dont worry we no better.
thanks alot. That's the power of media. It can be bought over. American media is left out. There's clear in our situation here in Nigeria. We all know the truth. But out of stupidity if I may use that word. This dispensation is the worst if truth must be told.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Economy Rated Best In Africa By Forbes-see Link by Benoxvals(m): 7:50am On Sep 12, 2018
Rated by who?
Mr Bean?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Economy Rated Best In Africa By Forbes-see Link by afesco: 7:51am On Sep 12, 2018
Do u mean there was no single project under GEJ? let us try to be objective in as much as we tend to be partisan.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Economy Rated Best In Africa By Forbes-see Link by Buterflyle0: 7:52am On Sep 12, 2018
Okezedan:
What are the parameters for rating Nigeria's Economy has the best in Africa? When Nigeria can't have steady power of supply when smaller countries like Kenya, Benin, Togo e.t.c are enjoying stable Light

Read the article and you will understand it focused more on investments than anything else.

Its saying that its the best based on investment location for anyone from whatever country.

We may not have steady power yet but we have alternative power and the lack of steady power is compensated for by the population of the target investment especially since Nigeria is the largest black nation IN THE WORLD.

only a fool wouldnt see how huge our economy is for any investment and which would translate to it being the best in Africa

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Economy Rated Best In Africa By Forbes-see Link by Teenaira: 7:52am On Sep 12, 2018
Wonderful. I leave in Nigeria and I know better.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Economy Rated Best In Africa By Forbes-see Link by Buterflyle0: 7:56am On Sep 12, 2018
afesco:

Do u mean there was no single project under GEJ? let us try to be objective in as much as we tend to be partisan.

There was no single COMPLETED PROJECT under GEJ.

He mostly awarded contracts on paper with zero funding.

This has been the trend for the past 16years of PDP rule which is why this FG is saddled with about 1000 abandoned projects to work on.

If the past governments had finished some of these abandoned projects, we would not be where we are today.

This is the reason why this government doesn't really want to initiate much in infrastructural projects but wished to COMPLETE the ones already initiated which were abandoned.

What past governments were doing was to leave the projects of their predecessor and initiate new ones and that was foolishness.

Pmb has got it right by focussing on actualization rather than initiation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Economy Rated Best In Africa By Forbes-see Link by Topaz08(m): 7:57am On Sep 12, 2018
For record purpose.
Re: Nigeria Economy Rated Best In Africa By Forbes-see Link by mrphysics(m): 7:57am On Sep 12, 2018
Colourich:
You are the one that obviously knows nothing about the economy and external debt and yes there is good debt and bad debt. US has a debt of $24trn which it used to better their economy, the debt was used for substantial projects and other investments, no country is without a debt yes but what I'm saying is that ours is not used for projects and investments, it is used for inconsequential thing, it is not used to better the economy, when a debt is not used for what it was initially set out to, the government will borrow more and this will lead to more accumulation of debts, before Nigeria will reach US level of economy, her debts must have accumulated to a very large amount, so don't tell me shite about the economy, I will be the one to tell you 'cause you know nothing apparently about the economy, also I have no business with politics section, I'm mostly in business sections 'cause that's where I'm good at, so don't the tell me to go back to romance section 'cause you are actually not making any iota of sense here.

These days everybody is now claiming to know so much about the economy, even a physics graduate wants to teach lecture about the economy, wonders shall never end.
You've not said anything different from what I said, neither did you say anything different from what the person you earlier quoted said. You just mentioned someone with no point to make just to rant the normal ranting you're known for. While in reality, you are bereft of the basic knowledge of the working principle of the economy. I don't want to join further issues with you.

@ the emboldened
1. Butterflyleo said exactly same thing you said here, perhaps when I hit on you, your brain formatted to thinking straight. Go to page one of this thread and see the analysis made by the moniker butterflyleo and check if what you said is different.
2. In reality, those who claim to know, knows absolute nothing. After all said and done, more is said than done. I have learned from experience on nairaland not to join issues with romance section ladies in either politics or business. They are john snow, they know nothing.

3. Exactly my point, so you should read or follow the thread to learn from those that have business with politics. And if you must contribute, then come with facts. That's what makes you learned.

4. Again, you have no business in business section. Go to romance section, film/movie, and game section. That's where you have something you can relate with.

5. This is the summary of your pathetic life. This confirms my stance that you should not be seen anywhere where sane people argue logically. You will do well in romance section discussions. Talking to you is wasting valuable resources.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Economy Rated Best In Africa By Forbes-see Link by erico2k2(m): 7:58am On Sep 12, 2018
Buterflyle0:

Read what I wrote again because your comment shows you didn't understand it by miles.
I read fru ur post lime after line
You said
Nigeria being the largest Economy in Africa translates it to the best Economy in Africa that's U not forbes
I say rubish . China is the Largest Economy in the world . Is it the best Economy in the world ? ?
Now you said one above cos of ur level of understanding of the word economy .
Now if China has the Largest Economy in the whole world why is that?
Is it not obvious it's as a result of producers and consumers who are amongst the U and me in China and in India ?
U talk about destination for investors right ?
Iraq and Afghanistan are heavens too with the right investments . 90% of our investment is Oil and Gas so what's new ? ?
Look I'm not knocking PMB and his crew but all this craaaap is coming up cos of election and we know how people refuse to read .

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Economy Rated Best In Africa By Forbes-see Link by gare(f): 7:58am On Sep 12, 2018
Freetech:
Hurray good news to the patriots. Here is the global rating of Nigeria economy so far so good in 2018.

A standing ovation for the wonderful team of PMB.

Forbes rates Nigeria as 2018 best economy in Africa -

https://www.forbesafrica.com/economy/2018/04/09/making-nigeria/

https://www.von.gov.ng/forbes-rates-nigeria-as-2018-best-economy-in-africa/

Do you agree, please present your argument with facts and figures.

Before you begin to write consider the following points.

Technically this government have liquidated all the loans she took so far. Wait before you cry foul. Nigeria total debt @ December 2014 was $67bill this converted to Naira @ N179/$ is N12Trn. However this same amount converted at current exchange rate @ N310/$ is N20Trn. Now add the 5 months salary borrowed to pay civil servants, N200bill subsidy debt and N1trn owe local contractors.

Considering the fact that current debt profile stood at N22Trn @ N310/$ is just $70bill. This is the fact the opposition doesn't want you to know and the reason they only quote Nigeria debt in Naira to deceive lazy Nigeria who cannot think on their own.

While one will forgive not so intelligent Dino, it's highly pathetic that Peter Obi also follow up on this lie.

Below you will also find Nigeria foreign reserve journey to date

Finally, talking about resources available. Comparing the first 3 years of Gej and PMB, Gej made $393bill while PMB made just $96bill. According to the link below Gej depleted foreign reserve to $29bill and PMB grew it to $45bill. You know what they both did with the resources.

Are you still not convinced, take a trip to Venezuela, or Agentina where interest rate is 60%, Greece, Zimbabwe and I'm sure how mismanaged economy look like

December 2014
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/07/n12trn- debt-profile-worsens-nigerias-woes/

https://nairametrics.com/nigerias-historical-external-reserves/

Example of mismanaged economy

www-bbc-com.0.i.org/news/business-45360223?iorg_service_id_internal=624173547714020">https://https-www-bbc-com.0.i.org/news/business-45360223?iorg_service_id_internal=624173547714020%3BAfqezR6Gu4uGVZk0

FOOD FOR BMC AND APC MAKE UNA COME CHOP

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Economy Rated Best In Africa By Forbes-see Link by erico2k2(m): 8:00am On Sep 12, 2018
veeklin:

you been scammed. forbesafrica is not owned by Forbes. the owners of Forbes Africa just stole the Forbes and added Africa so they can sound credible.
Hahahaahah

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Economy Rated Best In Africa By Forbes-see Link by mrphysics(m): 8:00am On Sep 12, 2018
Buterflyle0:

There was no single COMPLETED PROJECT under GEJ.

He mostly awarded contracts on paper with zero funding.

This has been the trend for the past 16years of PDP rule which is why this FG is saddled with about 1000 abandoned projects to work on.

If the past governments had finished some of these abandoned projects, we would not be where we are today.

This is the reason why this government doesn't really want to initiate much in infrastructural projects but wished to COMPLETE the ones already initiated which were abandoned.

What past governments were doing was to leave the projects of their predecessor and initiate new ones and that was foolishness.

Pmb has got it right by focussing on actualization rather than initiation
And when the initiated projects are completed, you will see the empty headed critics shouting initiated by GEJ, initiated by GEJ. If every leader is focused on initiating and dumping projects, who'd complete them and make them ready for usage. The purpose of every project is to get it completed.

You should also learn to recognize people who'd never learn and avoid mentioning them.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa / Fayose Speaks On Congratulatory Message To President Buhari Over Tribunal Victor / APC Condemns Amaechi’s Absence At South-South Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.