Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,231 members, 7,815,305 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:34 AM

Nigeria Economy Rated Best In Africa By Forbes-see Link - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Economy Rated Best In Africa By Forbes-see Link (29250 Views)

Realities Of Nigeria’s Diminishing Relevance To U.S., Africa By Princeton Lyman / Why Nigeria Cannot Afford A Stand-Off With South Africa By Kakanda (Al-jazeera) / Nigeria Economy Rated The Best In Africa By Forbes - See Link (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Economy Rated Best In Africa By Forbes-see Link by Nobody: 8:01am On Sep 12, 2018
mrphysics:

You've not said anything different from what I said, neither did you say anything different from what the person you earlier quoted said. You just mentioned someone with no point to make just to rant the normal ranting you're known for. While in reality, you are bereft of the basic knowledge of the working principle of the economy. I don't want to join further issues with you.

@ the emboldened
1. Butterflyleo said exactly same thing you said here, perhaps when I hit on you, your brain formatted to thinking straight. Go to page one of this thread and see the analysis made by the moniker butterflyleo and check if what you said is different.
2. In reality, those who claim to know, knows absolute nothing. After all said and done, more is said than done. I have learned from experience on nairaland not to join issues with romance section ladies in either politics or business. They are john snow, they know nothing.

3. Exactly my point, so you should read or follow the thread to learn from those that have business with politics. And if you must contribute, then come with facts. That's what makes you learned.

4. Again, you have no business in business section. Go to romance section, film/movie, and game section. That's where you have something you can relate with.

5. This is the summary of your pathetic life. This confirms my stance that you should not be seen anywhere where sane people argue logically. You will do well in romance section discussions. Talking to you is wasting valuable resources.
Well I refuse to go back to romance section, come and drag me there, so because I do frequent romance section it means I don't visit other sections and I have no idea about the economy, The fact that you visit politics section frequently now made you to be so good at analyzing the economy more than someone that studied it in school, this is second dumbest thing I've ever read on nairaland. Your stinking attitude is just appalling.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Economy Rated Best In Africa By Forbes-see Link by afesco: 8:04am On Sep 12, 2018
buharitill2023:
This is the real economy of Nigeria,
Not that fictitious and voodoo economy of before when the economy was growing @6% without a single project to show for it or to give to the poorest people in Nigeria.
Ur assertion that there was no single project under GEJ is not only ludicrous but a grotesque distortion of the truth. These are some of d projects initiated and completed under GEJ:
1. 12 new universities
2. 120 almajiri schools
3. Revival of Lagos-Kano rail
4. Converting Enugu airport to international
5. The YouWIN Scheme

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Economy Rated Best In Africa By Forbes-see Link by NairaMaster1(m): 8:07am On Sep 12, 2018
Buterflyle0:

Yet India is seen as an industrial nation but was still ranked poorly.

You need to stop being emotional and know that when we talk about the economy most times it has nothing to do with you or me but mostly about investments into the country without which there would be no you or me to talk about.

No country survives Alone.

This FG is diversifying our economy and putting infrastructure which would make this easier alongside it so that we can begin getting our ROI very fast and it is only when that begins to happen that you would feel the impact positively on the common man and not before.

All you see is what you wrote but smarter people see the things being done to improve on such issues and ultimately erase them

OK, let's hope for the best.

Suffering and smiling due to sentiments won't kill us here.

As a successful business man I can assure you things are not as you think.

May be you're a bit of politics.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Economy Rated Best In Africa By Forbes-see Link by Buterflyle0: 8:07am On Sep 12, 2018
erico2k2:

I read fru ur post lime after line
You said
Nigeria being the largest Economy in Africa translates it to the best Economy in Africa that's U not forbes
I say rubish . China is the Largest Economy in the world . Is it the best Economy in the world ? ?
Now you said one above cos of ur level of understanding of the word economy .
Now if China has the Largest Economy in the whole world why is that?
Is it not obvious it's as a result of producers and consumers who are amongst the U and me in China and in India ?
U talk about destination for investors right ?
Iraq and Afghanistan are heavens too with the right investments . 90% of our investment is Oil and Gas so what's new ? ?
Look I'm not knocking PMB and his crew but all this craaaap is coming up cos of election and we know how people refuse to read .

90% of our investment USED to be oil and gas. We are moving away from that now to other sectors.

You are missing my point clearly.

Yes the producers are people but that is totally different from the EFFECT on people.

To get to the point of EFFECT on people (which is what you are talking about) we need to get past the place of equilibrium where what we have is too much for us to consume Alone and other nations now rush for them and that is what investment and infrastructure will help to achieve.

We are well on our way to that.

China is the largest economy in the world when it comes to investments AND ALSO THE BEST IN THE WORLD WHEN IT COMES TO INVESTMENTS.

This was nor so before but the Chinese realised the value in their numbers and today it has yielded so much for them so much so that practically every nation in the world needs their input in their products including USA and every other super power.
Re: Nigeria Economy Rated Best In Africa By Forbes-see Link by Buterflyle0: 8:08am On Sep 12, 2018
NairaMaster1:

OK, let's hope for the best.

Suffering and smiling due to sentiments won't kill us here.

As a successful business man I can assure you things are not as you think.

May be you're a bit of politics.

I am a business man too and I have profited immensely even now than I did pre 2015

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Economy Rated Best In Africa By Forbes-see Link by erico2k2(m): 8:09am On Sep 12, 2018
veeklin:

you been scammed. forbesafrica is not owned by Forbes. the owners of Forbes Africa just stole the Forbes and added Africa so they can sound credible.
Damn I thought I was smart . I actually fell 4 this one . I thought it was like BBC Africa service for Forbes .
I just went to check thier website an affiliate . It has no connection to Forbes as we know it . So who the craap ate they?and people like the OP are already screaming hurray . Shyte they got me on this one.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Economy Rated Best In Africa By Forbes-see Link by SeyiOmoOba: 8:09am On Sep 12, 2018
KEEP DECEIVING YOURSELVES

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Economy Rated Best In Africa By Forbes-see Link by erico2k2(m): 8:12am On Sep 12, 2018
Buterflyle0:

90% of our investment USED to be oil and gas. We are moving away from that now to other sectors.

You are missing my point clearly.

Yes the producers are people but that is totally different from the EFFECT on people.

To get to the point of EFFECT on people (which is what you are talking about) we need to get past the place of equilibrium where what we have is too much for us to consume Alone and other nations now rush for them and that is what investment and infrastructure will help to achieve.

We are well on our way to that.

China is the largest economy in the world when it comes to investments AND ALSO THE BEST IN THE WORLD WHEN IT COMES TO INVESTMENTS.

This was nor so before but the Chinese realised the value in their numbers and today it has yielded so much for them so much so that practically every nation in the world needs their input in their products including USA and every other super power.
Let is shortten this long listed grammes for the benefit of those who can't be bothered to read .
Summary of this message is this
Me:the largest Economy is not the best Economy
You??

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Economy Rated Best In Africa By Forbes-see Link by seguno2: 8:13am On Sep 12, 2018
Colourich:
Well I refuse to go back to romance section, come and drag me there, so because I do frequent romance section it means I don't visit other sections and I have no idea about the economy, The fact that you visit politics section frequently now made you to be so good at analyzing the economy more than someone that studied it in school, this is second dumbest thing I've ever read on nairaland. Your stinking attitude is just appalling.

Three gbosas for you.
Please don’t let anyone bully you away from here. We all should contribute our ideas to how we are governed instead of letting some thuggish godfathers hijack the political process.
Bravo!!!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Economy Rated Best In Africa By Forbes-see Link by Buterflyle0: 8:13am On Sep 12, 2018
afesco:

Ur assertion that there was no single project under GEJ is not only ludicrous but a grotesque distortion of the truth. These are some of d projects initiated and completed under GEJ:
1. 12 new universities
2. 120 almajiri schools
3. Revival of Lagos-Kano rail
4. Converting Enugu airport to international
5. The YouWIN Scheme

Name and show me these 12 new universities
Name and show me the 129 almajiri schools
Revival of Lagos Kano rail was a farce because nothing was done on it until PMB came.
The Enugu airport was a sham and this FG is refurbishing and upgrading it as we speak with the contract awarded.
The YouWIN scheme was a monumental fraud.

http://saharareporters.com/2017/03/31/finance-minister-confirms-alleged-fraud-youwin-program

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Economy Rated Best In Africa By Forbes-see Link by 360command: 8:14am On Sep 12, 2018
Buterflyle0:

This is how you make an analogy

US National Debt - $21 Trillion - Debt to GDP 76%
UK National Debt - $2.3 Trillion - Debt to GDP 89%
China National Debt - $4.3 Trillion - Debt to GDP 41%
Nigeria National Debt - $73 Billion - Debt to GDP 21%

Debt is not the issue. It's what you do with it that's the issue.
Question is - If debt is rightly invested in infrastructure (that creates Capital Formation) or human capital (that keeps people alive & develop their skills and mental capacity), we'll be ok. If truth be told, a large Percentage of our National Debt was looted by the previous governments.

The conversation we should be having concerning our National Debt is
- Is it sustainable?
- What is it invested on?
- How much would those investments add to the GDP?
- When should we expect these ROI?

This government is committed to infrastructural awakening and is well on the course to achieving this with a time frame in mind after which we begin to get our ROI fast

These are some of the key indices that bring about an economical rating and yes as it stands now, Nigeria is the best economy in africa all thanks to this present Government which remained unwavering in the face of recession and maneuvered the nation out of those murky waters to the place where Forbes could now rate us as they have done.

Kudos to PMB and PYO.

A match made in heaven.

God bless Nigeria
my friend, go and use that economy to fix lagos-badagry road..

Go and use it to fix light and water.

What good is the economy when the per capital income of individuals are not evenly distributed.

What good is the economy when people in rural nigeria are deprived from so many infrastructural development and social benefits.

What good is the economy if you have it as the best in africa yet your people are in poverty...

I spit on you...

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Economy Rated Best In Africa By Forbes-see Link by mrphysics(m): 8:14am On Sep 12, 2018
Colourich:
1. I visit politics section regularly not to comment but to read and learn. I don't usually comment regularly on any section.
2. Studying politics in school does not make you a politician or make you an authority in politics. Check the politicians that make smart moves, they didn't study politics in school. Common sense was supposed to reveal this to you. In fact, about 99% of Nigerian politicians didn't study politics in school.
3. You don't need to study politics to be grounded in political discussions.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Economy Rated Best In Africa By Forbes-see Link by Almunjid(m): 8:15am On Sep 12, 2018
Baba is really working. Sai Baba till 2023!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Economy Rated Best In Africa By Forbes-see Link by bigpicture001: 8:16am On Sep 12, 2018
since when did forces started rating economy...?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Economy Rated Best In Africa By Forbes-see Link by Nobody: 8:17am On Sep 12, 2018
seguno2:

Three gbosas for you.
Please don’t let anyone bully you away from here. We all should contribute our ideas to how we are governed instead of letting some thuggish godfathers hijack the political process.
Bravo!!!
No one can bully me out of any section, this is about the economy, he has his own say and I have mine, I don't know why he should tell me to leave a section all because his say is contrary to mine. Who does that?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Economy Rated Best In Africa By Forbes-see Link by BlackBaron: 8:18am On Sep 12, 2018
Buterflyle0:

Don't blame the FG for your ineptitude.

People are being made to look inward now and that is a good thing. You on the other hand should learn how to cash in on that shift rather than remaining where you are when people have moved on
You are certainly far from brilliant if 'ineptitude' is the cause of low spending and decreased economic activity.

I follow Nigerian economic indices like a hawk. You can only but tweak until no room left. Shame there's no record at present monitoring consumer spending lest people like you continue misinformation.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Economy Rated Best In Africa By Forbes-see Link by Nobody: 8:19am On Sep 12, 2018
Buterflyle0:

See how confused you are.

From the article again

Nigeria remains a highly appealing destination for investors. Mr Tunde Fowler, Chairman at FIRS elaborates, “Nigeria is an investor’s heaven with so much potential; from industry to agriculture to telecommunications. There’s so much room for expansion and the ease of doing business ensures that anyone who has a business, or who intends to start a business, will not have to face any bureaucracy, roadblocks or hindrance.

Nigeria’s government is determined to provide profound and long-term change in economic prosperity and stability; there remains little doubt that it is Nigeria’s destiny to uphold the title of largest economy in Africa for a long time yet

You mentioned that the article didnt rate us best economy in africa right?

Nigerias economy is THE LARGEST IN AFRICA does that not translate to THE BEST IN AFRICA?

This is the haven for investments. The most attractive for investments due to the large nature of the economy which is being made even larger by PMB with his economic diversification drives.

Your error is assuming that when they talk about economy it means they are talking about you and me. They are actually talking about THE BEST FOR INVESTMENTS due to its large and still diversifying economic programs embarked by this present FG

Of course ultimately all that would in turn begin to affect the common man positively as we go further along

Your above statement just highlighted ur ignorance. I'll advise you to go back to secondary school literature and check the definition of economics. FYI history of economics proves that any definition of economics without the mention of human needs and resources available to satisfy them is incomplete. I'll advise you to stick with politics and stop advertising your ignorance for the world to see

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Economy Rated Best In Africa By Forbes-see Link by Nobody: 8:22am On Sep 12, 2018
mrphysics:

1. I visit politics section regularly not to comment but to read and learn. I don't usually comment regularly on any section.
2. Studying politics in school does not make you a politician or make you an authority in politics. Check the politicians that make smart moves, they didn't study politics in school. Common sense was supposed to reveal this to you. In fact, about 99% of Nigerian politicians didn't study politics in school.
3. You don't need to study politics to be grounded in political discussions.
You see why its not good to jump into something you know nothing about, I didn't study politics in school, it's actually Economics I did in school which is why I'm in this thread in the first place, making my own argument, so you see why you can't lecture me about the economy, I will be the one to lecture you and I rarely visit this section 'cause I don't know much about politics, its only business and the economy I know about, so when next you want to quote me, think well.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Economy Rated Best In Africa By Forbes-see Link by Buterflyle0: 8:23am On Sep 12, 2018
Buckubuck:

Your above statement just highlighted ur ignorance. I'll advise you to go back to secondary school literature and check the definition of economics. FYI history of economics proves that any definition of economics without the mention of human needs and resources available to satisfy them is incomplete. I'll advise you to stick with politics and stop advertising your ignorance for the world to see

You need to go back to school since you do not realise that an economy does not have to immediately impact the people even though it will eventually.

Your analysis of economics is still of secondary school level which explains why you are still ignorant.

Why not use secondary school economic knowledge to run a country. Makes me wonder why people don't just stop their education at the secondary school level since all the knowledge needed has been gotten.

Stop showing your buffoonery for the world to see

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Economy Rated Best In Africa By Forbes-see Link by erico2k2(m): 8:28am On Sep 12, 2018
Buckubuck:

Thank you.hiw can you say the economic definition of a group of persons does not involve the persons concerned . Even me who studied Engineering in school knows this.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Economy Rated Best In Africa By Forbes-see Link by Buterflyle0: 8:28am On Sep 12, 2018
BlackBaron:

You are certainly far from brilliant if 'ineptitude' is the cause of low spending and decreased economic activity.

I follow Nigerian economic indices like a hawk. You can only but tweak until no room left. Shame there's no record at present monitoring consumer spending lest people like you continue misinformation.

I am.speaking of your ineptitude and not those of your buyers.

When you say there is low spending on your end, others are saying there is high spending on their end.

What are YOU not doing right is the question and has nothing to do with the spending levels of your customers.

Give them what they want and they will return to their spending. Remain rigid with your methods and services and keep complaining.

You clearly know nothing about tweaking anything. People who refuse to change with the tide, get swept off with it.
Re: Nigeria Economy Rated Best In Africa By Forbes-see Link by mrphysics(m): 8:29am On Sep 12, 2018
Colourich:
You see why its not good to jump into something you know nothing about, I didn't study politics in school, it's actually Economics I did in school which is why I'm in this thread in the first place, making my own argument, so you see why you can't lecture me about the economy, I will be the one to lecture you and I rarely visit this section 'cause I don't know much about politics, its only business and the economy I know about, so when next you want to quote me, think well.

1. I never said you studied politics in school. Maybe I should come little down to your understanding.

2. So because you studied economics, you should mention someone with facts? I mentioned your reply to someone because I find it weak. Well, I wouldn't want to read out CV to you but then, I have been in the field and we talk economics as regards to automation of tax systems and also power.

3. I only have issues with you responding without facts. You mustn't agree with someone, however, in opposing the person, endeavour to come with facts so that people like us reading through your arguments can learn something from it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Economy Rated Best In Africa By Forbes-see Link by Buterflyle0: 8:29am On Sep 12, 2018
360command:
my friend, go and use that economy to fix lagos-badagry road..

Go and use it to fix light and water.

What good is the economy when the per capital income of individuals are not evenly distributed.

What good is the economy when people in rural nigeria are deprived from so many infrastructural development and social benefits.

What good is the economy if you have it as the best in africa yet your people are in poverty...

I spit on you...

Take your complaint to PDP who for 16 years of their misrule rule could not give you the utopia you want.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Economy Rated Best In Africa By Forbes-see Link by Nobody: 8:31am On Sep 12, 2018
Buterflyle0:

You need to go back to school since you do not realise that an economy does not have to immediately impact the people even though it will eventually.

Your analysis of economics is still of secondary school level which explains why you are still ignorant.

Why not use secondary school economic knowledge to run a country. Makes me wonder why people don't just stop their education at the secondary school level since all the knowledge needed has been gotten.

Stop showing your buffoonery for the world to see

And your analysis of economics is dat if an illiterate. How do you measure a substance that has no impact?
Measurement of a phenomenon is based on its impact. Without impact, what you can do is project.

You're just being half smart if you say there's economic investment but no impact. I saw you claiming this government is no longer investing in oil and gas and I begin to wonder who is exploring oil in the north

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Economy Rated Best In Africa By Forbes-see Link by winningwinner(m): 8:32am On Sep 12, 2018
I don;t give in easily to this kind of blackmail. This looks to me as a paid advertorial which was hatched 5 months ago and hidden from Nigerians until now. The coasts look clearer now and so these PMB witches and wizards are trying to conjure and unleash their criminality on innocent Nigerians. You can read the full story here:

Economy: Making Nigeria[/size]

Published 5 months ago; on April 9, 2018[i][/i]

[size=8pt]By penresa

The revival of Nigeria’s economy has gained momentum under the guidance of President Buhari’s ERGP programme; its ambitious targets yield results that seem to indicate that they will soon be superseded.

In spite of difficult times, Nigeria has been rated as the top 10 most improved economies in 2016/2017.

“Nigeria is a very resilient country in terms of economy,” states Mr. Venkatapathy Venkataraman Group MD at NIPCO.

This has been a result of the ERPG programme and its emphasis on industrialisation and diversification policies which boost capital inflows and encourages ease of doing business.

In November 2017 Godwin Emefiele Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria CBN’s presented Nigeria’s economic outlook for 2018, predicting that national forex reserves will hit US$ 40bn in 2018. In introducing I&E forex the improvement in the ease of doing business is guaranteed.

“The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) played an extensive role in ensuring relative price stability and in managing the dearth of foreign exchange,” declares Mr Obeahon Ohiwerei, Managing Director at Keystone Bank.

READ: Why Nigeria needs a new national carrier

“If the tight monetary policy continues, and the Central Bank continues to manage the liquidity that makes FX, the economy may grow more than the 1.8% projected,” claims Mr Abubakar Jimoh, CEO at Coronation Merchant Bank.

Although energy sales in Nigeria account for up to 80 percent of all government revenue and more than 90 percent of the country’s exports, Agriculture and ICT sectors have flourished, providing steady growth, employment and investment opportunities.

The ERGP’s shift towards becoming import dependent has been particularly successful in Agriculture. Proforce MD, Mr Ade Ogundeyin declares, “the government is serious and committed about made-in-Nigeria goods. They are saying that if it can be produced in Nigeria you don’t import it.”

The government’s intention to use telecoms and ICT for economic development and financial inclusion is auspicious for the industry. Executive Vice Chairman of the Nigerian Communications Commission, Mr Umar Danbatta states that “telecoms contribution to GDP is now close to 10% and has been contributing 1.4 trillion naira to the economy.”

Minister of Power, Works and Housing Hon. Fashola confirms the commitment to IT, “We’re installing more broadband and connectivity across the country,” which in turn enhances a definite entrepreneurial spirit at play amongst the people.

The government has made it extremely clear that it will be pouring funding into infrastructure. Minister of Power, Works and Housing Hon. Fashola declares, “the investment in infrastructure is driving the value chain of the economic diversification.”

The government’s plans to modernise and restructure the country’s public transport system has proved a great opportunity for investors and the economy.

READ: Nigeria Needs Industrialization now

Nigeria remains a highly appealing destination for investors. Mr Tunde Fowler, Chairman at FIRS elaborates, “Nigeria is an investor’s heaven with so much potential; from industry to agriculture to telecommunications. There’s so much room for expansion and the ease of doing business ensures that anyone who has a business, or who intends to start a business, will not have to face any bureaucracy, roadblocks or hindrance.

Nigeria’s government is determined to provide profound and long-term change in economic prosperity and stability; there remains little doubt that it is Nigeria’s destiny to uphold the title of largest economy in Africa for a long time yet.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Economy Rated Best In Africa By Forbes-see Link by israelmao(m): 8:32am On Sep 12, 2018
Forbes we are coming.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Economy Rated Best In Africa By Forbes-see Link by Modarun(m): 8:34am On Sep 12, 2018
“In spite of difficult times, Nigeria has been rated as the top 10 most improved economies in 2016/2017.
“Nigeria is a very resilient country in terms of economy,” states Mr. Venkatapathy Venkataraman Group MD at NIPCO”

Please guys dnt allow all these idiats decieve you take your time to read and understand the article. Its only a quote not a fact from an M.D of NIPCO, and simply means the Nigerian economy was not performing well but not amongst the worst. Can you all read what was written? this bunch of liars think we are as ignorant as they are. What this article simply means is that though our economy has not out performed the best in even West Africa, it only not the worst. Now here is the true break down of the facts.
There is a big difference between being a big economy (Nigeria, Angola, South Africa) and having the fastest/performing Economy. According to real facts from the latest World Bank Report (mind you not from an M.D of a mere coy) The Nigerian economy is not even amongst the top 10 fastest or best performing economies in Africa. Niger, Rwanda, Benin, Burkina faso, Seirra leone, Tunisia, Senegal, Cote d ivoire, Ethiopia and Ghana are the fastest best performing economies if Africa. they have maintained a growth rate of 3-3.5% yearly.

https://businesstech.co.za/news/finance/238733/5-of-the-fastest-growing-economies-in-africa/

http://www.itnewsafrica.com/2018/05/top-10-fastest-growing-economies-in-africa-2018/

Secondly, The BMO crew wants to play a fast one with empty words, cos Even the National Bureau on Statistics (A Nigerian Govt Agency) has in the last 6months reported that the Nigerian economy has been shrinking. In its Q1 report of 2018, the NBS reported that the economy shrank from 2.1% recorded in Q4 of 2017 to 1.95% in Q1 of 2018,

https://punchng.com/nigerias-gdp-growth-rate-shrinks-from-2-11-to-1-95-in-q1-nbs/

And by the agencys latest report the Nigerian Economy shrank from 1.95% recorded in the Q1 of 2018 To an all time low of 1.5% in the Q2 of 2018.

http://dailypost.ng/2018/08/27/nigerias-gdp-declines-1-95-1-5-q2-nbs/

Now these are clear available facts anyone can search out and read. The Nigerian economy has not experienced any growth in the last 9months but instead has shrank from 2.1% recorded in 2017 to an all time low of 1.5%.
These some of the the reasons most international banking and Financial media orgs like the Economist and HSBC has kicked against the Govt. Check out the links below.
https://www.nairaland.com/4728296/2019-what-second-term-buhari
Re: Nigeria Economy Rated Best In Africa By Forbes-see Link by Buterflyle0: 8:37am On Sep 12, 2018
Buckubuck:

And your analysis of economics is dat if an illiterate. How do you measure a substance that has no impact?
Measurement of a phenomenon is based on its impact. Without impact, what you can do is project.

You're just being half smart if you say there's economic investment but no impact. I saw you claiming this government is no longer investing in oil and gas and I begin to wonder who is exploring oil in the north

Dummy how do you measure without projection. How can their be a projection without the right infrastructure put on ground for such projection to be achieved?

The article talks about diversification and infrastructural focus and you are busy talking about people as the ignorant one you are.

Where and when did I say this government was no longer investing in oil? Are you this obtuse?

I said the government is and has shifted a lot of their focus away from oil and gas to other sectors. Read to understand.

Infrastructural input is not like cooking rice. Some take years to achieve and until they are finished, we can only project the impact they would have on the people.

That is why people INVEST. Many INVEST PENDING the actualization after due consultation with those involved regarding time frame for completion.

Some of these investments are infrastructural constructions of their own which are timed to also finish around the same time the core government infrastructure would also finish.

Ogbeni you know next to nothing
Re: Nigeria Economy Rated Best In Africa By Forbes-see Link by reecevictory: 8:47am On Sep 12, 2018
okay,thats nice,which means we are moving forward right?
Re: Nigeria Economy Rated Best In Africa By Forbes-see Link by Bizibi(m): 8:48am On Sep 12, 2018
Hehehehehehe,election is really coming

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Economy Rated Best In Africa By Forbes-see Link by erico2k2(m): 8:53am On Sep 12, 2018
Buterflyle0:

Dummy how do you measure without projection. How can their be a projection without the right infrastructure put on ground for such projection to be achieved?

The article talks about diversification and infrastructural focus and you are busy talking about people as the ignorant one you are.

Where and when did I say this government was no longer investing in oil? Are you this obtuse?

I said the government is and has shifted a lot of their focus away from oil and gas to other sectors. Read to understand.

Infrastructural input is not like cooking rice. Some take years to achieve and until they are finished, we can only project the impact they would have on the people.

That is why people INVEST. Many INVEST PENDING the actualization after due consultation with those involved regarding time frame for completion.

Some of these investments are infrastructural constructions of their own which are timed to also finish around the same time the core government infrastructure would also finish.

Ogbeni you know next to nothing
Oga have you not realize quoting that forbesafrica page makes ur argument irrelivant?there is nothing credible in that website,When we where quoted largest Economy in Africa it was by the Real Forbes not this forbes Africa.Besides, U still did not give ur answer to my question!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Economy Rated Best In Africa By Forbes-see Link by Excellentmind: 8:53am On Sep 12, 2018
Freetech:
Hurray good news to the patriots. Here is the global rating of Nigeria economy so far so good in 2018.

A standing ovation for the wonderful team of PMB.

Forbes rates Nigeria as 2018 best economy in Africa -

https://www.forbesafrica.com/economy/2018/04/09/making-nigeria/

https://www.von.gov.ng/forbes-rates-nigeria-as-2018-best-economy-in-africa/

Do you agree, please present your argument with facts and figures.

Before you begin to write consider the following points.

Technically this government have liquidated all the loans she took so far. Wait before you cry foul. Nigeria total debt @ December 2014 was $67bill this converted to Naira @ N179/$ is N12Trn. However this same amount converted at current exchange rate @ N310/$ is N20Trn. Now add the 5 months salary borrowed to pay civil servants, N200bill subsidy debt and N1trn owe local contractors.

Considering the fact that current debt profile stood at N22Trn @ N310/$ is just $70bill. This is the fact the opposition doesn't want you to know and the reason they only quote Nigeria debt in Naira to deceive lazy Nigeria who cannot think on their own.

While one will forgive not so intelligent Dino, it's highly pathetic that Peter Obi also follow up on this lie.

Below you will also find Nigeria foreign reserve journey to date

Finally, talking about resources available. Comparing the first 3 years of Gej and PMB, Gej made $393bill while PMB made just $96bill. According to the link below Gej depleted foreign reserve to $29bill and PMB grew it to $45bill. You know what they both did with the resources.

Are you still not convinced, take a trip to Venezuela, or Agentina where interest rate is 60%, Greece, Zimbabwe and I'm sure how mismanaged economy look like

December 2014
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/07/n12trn- debt-profile-worsens-nigerias-woes/

https://nairametrics.com/nigerias-historical-external-reserves/

Example of mismanaged economy

www-bbc-com.0.i.org/news/business-45360223?iorg_service_id_internal=624173547714020">https://https-www-bbc-com.0.i.org/news/business-45360223?iorg_service_id_internal=624173547714020%3BAfqezR6Gu4uGVZk0

You need help on health grounds!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Heavy Shootings On Enugu-Abakaliki Highway / Labor Party Cannot Win The Presidential Election / Presidency Orders AIG Ogunsakin Out Of Rivers, Accuses Him Of Being Anti-pdp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.