Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,061 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:16 AM

Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? (11773 Views)

New Changes For Jehovah's Witness: Women Can Wear Trousers, Men Must Not Wear.. / A Question For Jehovah Witnesses. / Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by budaatum: 6:11pm On Sep 21, 2018
Any God of any body who believes in the extermination of others, for whatever reason, is a repugnant stupid God, and should go and get sense!

buda's stance

TATIME:
You're very funny my friend. Are you agitating against Jehovah's Witnesses or Religion in general? Because there's no religion on planet earth that has no promises of divine judgement on those who fails to comply with their terms. Hellfire (eternal torment) is their watchword but Jehovah's Witnesses believe that those who fails to comply will die as usual and the penalty is dead forever(never coming back). You are an atheist and you don't even buy the idea of an afterlife so why the sudden twist? Meanwhile acholardey surely claims to be a believer, why not ask him what exactly is his own beliefs? Hmmmmmmmmmm thanks to Jehovah for all these timely edition of the watchtower study articles,how can someone think that an atheist (who is claiming there is nothing like divine punishment) and a churchgoer (who is claiming that God will torment HIS enemies forever) could come to terms just because they both want to criticize JWs (Luke 23:12) Certainly the TRUTH has so many hidden ENEMIES TO BE KNOWN from all sides and Jehovah will surely rescue HIS people from them. wink wink wink
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Barristter07: 6:15pm On Sep 21, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
of course, God raised him from the dead.

Acts 2:24 King James Version (KJV)
Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.

And Jesus is part of that Godhead, that's why he was able to say...

John 2:19
Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.

When we tell you that Jesus is God, you kick against it. Here you are claiming that it is God that raised him from the dead and can only do so. But here I am showing you that Jesus said he will do so too. Can a created being or an angel make such claim which only belongs to God?

Fake religion has really blinded you, The bible specifically said God, The Father of Jesus Raised him . Galatians 1:1

That Galatians 1:1 shows you have a wrong understanding.

Or is Jesus his Father ? grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Sep 21, 2018
budaatum:

I think your error is thinking everyone gives as much to the fears of "growing old, (Job 33:25)getting that sick or dying(Isaiah 33:24)no need for security personnel, alert or camera,(Psalms 37:7-11) no fear of natural disasters(Mark 4:39) in every place healthy food will sprout in abundance" - as you do! You perhaps don't know that even while walking in the valley of the shadow of death one should fear no evil Makes me wonder if JWs aren't just promoting some fearful doctrine of an undesirable existence that hardly exists. Paradise, itself, is desirable, no doubt, but with no evidence it exists, I might as well get on with being fruitful and increasing in number; filling the earth and subduing it. "Ruling over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.”

It where I am, TATIME, this ground, on this earth, right now, and if here is not close to paradise, I'd like to hope it could someday be and I'd like my god to think so too and give me all the ability to help me make where I am as good as paradise is. Afterall, you are God, why should there not be peace on earth as there is in heaven? Na only una like good thing! Or do you just have so little faith in your very own creations, or even your only begotten son who went down there to die for all those people? You do realise your poxy paradise would have contained only Jews and some 144000 other people right? 144000 plus the Jews for you Lord Jehovah, 7bn to Satan! You need to show some love, God, and get some sense too while you're at it!

I'd hardly like my God Jehovah to be a "happy chosen few" god, I tell you. If any god behaves the way you are describing, I seriously would want to overthrow it or at least kick its ass! Even if gods and paradise were just some cooked up idea that didn't exist, I'd still like to hope here were better than it currently is rather than spend all my time hoping for some blissful existence in some imaginary afterwards that only those who believe what I believe would enjoy. The thought of enjoying while the entire rest of the supposed Lord God's human creation is exterminated is just repugnant to me. And to be honest, nothing about it sounds jesusy at al.
Well Jesus was a Jew born in Judea,a real person and not an imaginary individual with no specific thought. He said those who don't believe in Him will PERISH. John 3:16 So i don't understand what you meant by "sound jesusy" when you can only read about Him in the pages of the Bible. cheesy cheesy cheesy And mind you God's word never said anything like life in heaven, all that was mentioned in regards to heaven is SPIRIT BEINGS not people with flesh and bone who could eat,sleep,dance and go for recreation. Jesus said few things regarding heaven because it has nothing to do with humans who are created to live and enjoy all that the flesh could have! Psalms 115:16 You'll continue to boil within if you're trying to discard the idea of Paradise before a JW because we know what's going to happen there, so you'll always boil within if you're not ready to know what Paradise truly means. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Barristter07: 6:20pm On Sep 21, 2018
OneJ:

"God resurrected him (Jesus)" Acts 2:24.

Very clear scripture. But AlBHAGDADI will say its Jesus Ressurect Jesus grin grin grin , How many Jesus ?

Religion has prevented him from knowing God, if he does. He would have known that is the Father!!!

2 Likes

Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Nobody: 6:28pm On Sep 21, 2018
budaatum:
Any God of any body who believes in the extermination of others, for whatever reason, is a repugnant stupid God, and should go and get sense!

buda's stance

Oh get sense? Of course HE will after HIS son has gotten rid of all those who aren't ready to obey Him as King.Luke 19:27 compared with Psalms 110:2
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by budaatum: 6:54pm On Sep 21, 2018
TATIME:
Oh get sense? Of course HE will after HIS son has gotten rid of all those who aren't ready to obey Him as King.Luke 19:27 compared with Psalms 110:2
So, God will conquer us like “A man of noble birth [who] went to a distant country to have himself appointed king and then to return", on this planet earth, so full of democracy, and in the 21st Century?

I suggest Jehovah go read up on some history. Our local Abacha would be a good start, then jump to Nicholas Tzar of Russia, I think, the second. Do some American Revolution, then go and ask Samuel to tell why a King was appointed over Israel. And if he wants more, ask him to consider the battles for emancipation, both Africa and Africans in America, then British History itself. This list is not exhaustive, do note. But he'll get an idea of what modern humans do to tyrants who think they can appoint themselves king over us and tax us and kill us if we don't pay up.
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Sep 21, 2018
budaatum:

So, God will conquer us like “A man of noble birth [who] went to a distant country to have himself appointed king and then to return", on this planet earth, so full of democracy, and in the 21st Century?

I suggest Jehovah go read up on some history. Our local Abacha would be a good start, then jump to Nicholas Tzar of Russia, I think, the second. Do some American Revolution, then go and ask Samuel to tell why a King was appointed over Israel. And if he wants more, ask him to consider the battles for emancipation, both Africa and Africans in America, then British History itself. This list is not exhaustive, do note. But he'll get an idea of what modern humans do to tyrants who think they can appoint themselves king over us and tax us and kill us if we don't pay up.
Are you a contestant in "stand up Nigeria" comedy show of Funmi Davies? My friend you should be because you can crack ribs with laughter! Instead of knowing what happened behind the scene that lead the death of those tyrants, you're thinking they lost their grip on power simply because majority is against them. cheesy cheesy cheesy Hmmmmmmmmmm You're so carried away with confusion to the extent of quoting "recorded events that were WRITTEN before your birth" but furiously arguing against another document containing "recorded events before your birth" Well that's just by the way,please you need to learn how to distinguish between the ability of visible intelligent creatures like you and the invincibility of invisible and mighty intelligent spirit beings. 2Kings 19:35
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by alBHAGDADI: 8:46pm On Sep 21, 2018
Barristter07:

Very clear scripture. But AlBHAGDADI will say its Jesus Ressurect Jesus grin grin grin , How many Jesus ?

Religion has prevented him from knowing God, if he does. He would have known that is the Father!!!
Yes, God resurrected Jesus according to Acts 2:24. But Jesus also said He will resurrect himself.

Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.

Is there a contradiction? No, because Jesus is in the Father, likewise the Father in him. Whatever the father does, he does.

I explained all of that in my post above, but you knuckleheads refused to read it.
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Nobody: 9:02pm On Sep 21, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
Yes, God resurrected Jesus according to Acts 2:24. But Jesus also said He will resurrect himself.

Is there a contradiction? No, because Jesus is in the Father, likewise the Father in him. Whatever the father does, he does.

I explained all of that in my post above, but you knuckleheads refused to read it.
If that's what Jesus is the father means, then why did He say there is something that ONLY the father knows? Matthew 24:36 Are you saying the father can know something and at the same time be ignorant of that same thing, since Jesus is in the Father and the Father is in Jesus.

1 Like

Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by alBHAGDADI: 9:06pm On Sep 21, 2018
TATIME:
If that's what Jesus is the father means, then why did He say there is something that ONLY the father knows? Matthew 24:36 Are you saying the father can know something and at the same time be ignorant of that same thing, since Jesus is in the Father and the Father is in Jesus.
That is where the heirachy in the Godhead comes in.

This doesn't negate the fact that Jesus said he will raise himself up from the dead.
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Nobody: 9:23pm On Sep 21, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

This doesn't negate the fact that Jesus said he will raise himself up from the dead.
It doesn't mean Jesus raised Himself up, it simply means He will do whatever the father asked Him to do and the Father will not abandon His loyal one for been obedient. Psalms 16:10 So with full conviction Jesus spoke with certainty of his resurrection which will be three days later.
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by budaatum: 10:16pm On Sep 21, 2018
TATIME:
Are you a contestant in "stand up Nigeria" comedy show of Funmi Davies? My friend you should be because you can crack ribs with laughter! Instead of knowing what happened behind the scene that lead the death of those tyrants, you're thinking they lost their grip on power simply because majority is against them. cheesy cheesy cheesy Hmmmmmmmmmm You're so carried away with confusion to the extent of quoting "recorded events that were WRITTEN before your birth" but furiously arguing against another document containing "recorded events before your birth" Well that's just by the way,please you need to learn how to distinguish between the ability of visible intelligent creatures like you and the invincibility of invisible and mighty intelligent spirit beings. 2Kings 19:35
You would note that I did say "ask Samuel," which indicates that I am in no way "furiously arguing against another document containing "recorded events before your birth"".

Are you sure the confusion is mine?
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Nobody: 10:33pm On Sep 21, 2018
budaatum:

You would note that I did say "ask Samuel," which indicates that I am in no way "furiously arguing against another document containing "recorded events before your birth"".

Are you sure the confusion is mine?
Hmmmmmmmmmm i guess i'm the confused one here but why did God say choosing a King amongst HIS people is a wrong step. if you truly have any regard for the written document called Bible? Because right from the onset you've been discarding the idea of living by the standards set in the Bible or regarding it's contents. Perhaps you're changing your stand now that i've caught you quoting documents written before your birth. cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by budaatum: 10:43pm On Sep 21, 2018
TATIME:
Hmmmmmmmmmm i guess i'm the confused one here but why did God say choosing a King amongst HIS people is a wrong step. if you truly have any regard for the written document called Bible? Because right from the onset you've been discarding the idea of living by the standards set in the Bible or regarding it's contents. Perhaps you're changing your stand now that i've caught you quoting documents written before your birth. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Go back and read me all along and you'd see my quoting from the Bible is not new. If you doubt, see here, I strongly advice you consider who might be confused.

There is a clear difference in "living by standards set in the bible", and learning from the Bible and other texts. You pointed out the error in doing the former when you mentioned Ananias.
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by budaatum: 11:59pm On Sep 21, 2018
TATIME:
why did God say choosing a King amongst HIS people is a wrong step?
I did not know that God said "choosing a King amongst HIS people is a wrong step"! He did after all say "this time tomorrow I will send you a man from the land of Benjamin. Anoint him ruler over my people Israel; he will deliver them from the hand of the Philistines. I have looked on my people, for their cry has reached me.”

He can hardly be choosing a king for them if he disapproves. Unless you want me to add "Lord God Jehovah, you are very confused" to my list!
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Nobody: 3:30am On Sep 22, 2018
budaatum:

I did not know that God said "choosing a King amongst HIS people is a wrong step"! He did after all say "this time tomorrow I will send you a man from the land of Benjamin. Anoint him ruler over my people Israel; he will deliver them from the hand of the Philistines. I have looked on my people, for their cry has reached me.”

He can hardly be choosing a king for them if he disapproves. Unless you want me to add "Lord God Jehovah, you are very confused" to my list!

I slept off because yesterday was a busy day for me. Hmmmmmmmmmm you're a perfect example of those who needs a "Bible study" apart from just reading as usual. Most critics do assert that we JWs have turned the Bible upside down to suit our religion not knowing that it's the group that's ever yielding to Bible's standards. OK let's do this together, Israelites demanded for a King but Samuel objected to the idea.1Samuel 8:6,7 noticed what God said "it is not you that they rejected but me as their KING!" Samuel perfectly understood the arrangement because there was no nation back then without a King except just one "Israel". If they're to live as subjects under a King God would have chosen one for them before Moses died. Ecclesiastes 4:1,8:9 says humans only dominate one another to hurt themselves. Jehovah permitted them to have a King and revealed to them the evil repercussions of their decision. 1Samuel 8:10-18 But they've made their minds over the issue. All these consequences humans are experiencing everywhere under their human rulers till today, any society that you feel they're better today must have exterminated many of their rulers in the past as in a revolution. Still they can't have a perfect system because it's only God that's supposed to rule mankind, not man to rule over man! That's why Jesus whom God has chosen to rule must wait for instructions from God.Psalms 110:1-7 This is where all human rulers failed,as they always choose human advisers for themselves! Jehovah's Witnesses do study carefully to grasp God's view from the Bible by meditations on what we read! Proverbs 2:1-5 That's why our organization is unitedly worshipping Jehovah PERFECTLY and that's why others are envious of the group.Psalms 1:1-3
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by budaatum: 10:39am On Sep 22, 2018
TATIME:
I slept off because yesterday was a busy day for me. Hmmmmmmmmmm you're a perfect example of those who needs a "Bible study" apart from just reading as usual. Most critics do assert that we JWs have turned the Bible upside down to suit our religion not knowing that it's the group that's ever yielding to Bible's standards. OK let's do this together, Israelites demanded for a King but Samuel objected to the idea.1Samuel 8:6,7 noticed what God said "it is not you that they rejected but me as their KING!" Samuel perfectly understood the arrangement because there was no nation back then without a King except just one "Israel". If they're to live as subjects under a King God would have chosen one for them before Moses died. Ecclesiastes 4:1,8:9 says humans only dominate one another to hurt themselves. Jehovah permitted them to have a King and revealed to them the evil repercussions of their decision. 1Samuel 8:10-18 But they've made their minds over the issue. All these consequences humans are experiencing everywhere under their human rulers till today, any society that you feel they're better today must have exterminated many of their rulers in the past as in a revolution. Still they can't have a perfect system because it's only God that's supposed to rule mankind, not man to rule over man! That's why Jesus whom God has chosen to rule must wait for instructions from God.Psalms 110:1-7 This is where all human rulers failed,as they always choose human advisers for themselves! Jehovah's Witnesses do study carefully to grasp God's view from the Bible by meditations on what we read! Proverbs 2:1-5 That's why our organization is unitedly worshipping Jehovah PERFECTLY and that's why others are envious of the group.Psalms 1:1-3
Just imagine Adeboye or TBJoshua or Imam Mohammed ruling everyone in Nigeria. Wouldn't you too be calling for a king even if they say its not them ruling, but God? No sane person rejects a competent benevolent not burning or exterminating but loving and willing to share paradise with everyone God, if it actually exists! If God had done its job better, no one would have rejected it!

That aside, God, who couldn't rule over the Garden of Eden, was definitely not ruling over Israel before giving them a King. It was Samuel who ruled, and before him, Eli, and if that arrangement had continued to work, people wouldn't have asked for a king!

The Bible itself contains what the writers thought was, or wanted others to accept as, God's view. Sometimes they wrote their own view and called it their God's! This is exactly what Samuel was trying to do by making out God was being rejected when he, Samuel was being rejected. Trump just about said the same thing when he warned not to be impeached or there would be a civil war! And it is fashionable today for people to talk absolute rubbish and claim "this is the Word of God". Thankfully, most people have evolved way past such nonsense! Or Trumps version of his presidency would be the authorised history of his time.
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Barristter07: 12:23pm On Sep 22, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

The bolded exposed your far level of ignorance , if you are Right. He won't have any need to Beg the Father with tears concerning his ressurection - Hebrews 5:7 , Why Is he begging with tears if his statement mean he will raise himself ?

1 Like

Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Nobody: 12:28pm On Sep 22, 2018
budaatum:

Just imagine Adeboye or TBJoshua or Imam Mohammed ruling everyone in Nigeria. Wouldn't you too be calling for a king even if they say its not them ruling, but God? No sane person rejects a competent benevolent not burning or exterminating but loving and willing to share paradise with everyone God, if it actually exists! If God had done its job better, no one would have rejected it!

That aside, God, who couldn't rule over the Garden of Eden, was definitely not ruling over Israel before giving them a King. It was Samuel who ruled, and before him, Eli, and if that arrangement had continued to work, people wouldn't have asked for a king!

The Bible itself contains what the writers thought was, or wanted others to accept as, God's view. Sometimes they wrote their own view and called it their God's! This is exactly what Samuel was trying to do by making out God was being rejected when he, Samuel was being rejected. Trump just about said the same thing when he warned not to be impeached or there would be a civil war! And it is fashionable today for people to talk absolute rubbish and claim "this is the Word of God". Thankfully, most people have evolved way past such nonsense! Or Trumps version of his presidency would be the authorised history of his time.
God created man with freewill as i've told you from the onset and HE will not change that because majority chose to be evil. HE want to allow time for Adam and his progenies to feel the consequences of disobedience, and mind you to HIM all these is just few days events. 2Peter 3:8 So HE will soon act in behalf of HIS loyal ones in other for them to be saved from this crooked generation. Matthew 24:22 So my friend we're HIS Witnesses zealously and courageously preaching and teaching about all of these for the benefit of Meek ones on the surface of the earth. Zephaniah 2:2 3 Millions are spending billions of hours studying the Bible,meditating on what they're learning and making needed changes. Malachi 3:16-18 For your information it's happening in your neighborhood so Jehovah has been vindicated NO ESCUSE for those who refused to readjust their way. All these is happening and serving as a witness onto all the people of the nations including you! Matthew 24:14 wink wink wink
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by alBHAGDADI: 12:45pm On Sep 22, 2018
Barristter07:

The bolded exposed your far level of ignorance , if you are Right. He won't have any need to Beg the Father with tears concerning his ressurection - Hebrews 5:7 , Why Is he begging with tears if his statement mean he will raise himself ?

You clearly do. it understand the crying and supplication Jesus did in the Hebrew 5:7.

Earlier verses explained that a priest offers prayers to God on behalf of the people. Here, Jesus is said to have done the same. In this way, He again fulfills the requirements of a human priest.

The writer of Hebrews has also made mention of Psalm 22, which describes a sinless character crying out to God to be rescued (Psalm 22:24; Hebrews 2:12). Jesus' suffering on the cross brought literal fulfillment to the words of that Psalm. Some believe that the writer of Hebrews may also be referring to Jesus' prayers in the garden of Gethsemane prior to His arrest (Matthew 26:39; Luke 22:42). Jesus' death on the cross was the sacrifice offered, once and for all, for human sin (Hebrews 9:26).

Of course, Jesus was killed by those who arrested Him. The "rescue" He obtained was not from death, but out of death. The resurrection of Jesus was the ultimate sign of His acceptance and approval by God.
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Barristter07: 1:20pm On Sep 22, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

You clearly do. it understand the crying and supplication Jesus did in the Hebrew 5:7.

Earlier verses explained that a priest offers prayers to God on behalf of the people. Here, Jesus is said to have done the same. In this way, He again fulfills the requirements of a human priest.

The writer of Hebrews has also made mention of Psalm 22, which describes a sinless character crying out to God to be rescued (Psalm 22:24; Hebrews 2:12). Jesus' suffering on the cross brought literal fulfillment to the words of that Psalm. Some believe that the writer of Hebrews may also be referring to Jesus' prayers in the garden of Gethsemane prior to His arrest (Matthew 26:39; Luke 22:42). Jesus' death on the cross was the sacrifice offered, once and for all, for human sin (Hebrews 9:26).

Of course, Jesus was killed by those who arrested Him. The "rescue" He obtained was not from death, but out of death. The resurrection of Jesus was the ultimate sign of His acceptance and approval by God.

Who did he prayed to with tears to Save him out of death ?

2 Likes

Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by OneJ: 1:25pm On Sep 22, 2018
budaatum:

buda's stance

John 3:16. "who so ever believed in him would not be DESTROYED but have eternal life (in God's kingdom). Jesus confirmed it.

"The wages sin pays is death but the gift God gives is everlasting life by Christ Jesus our lord. "Romans 6:23. 2 Peter 3:13.

"Do not be misled: God is not one to be mocked. For whatever a person is sowing, this he will also reap" Galatians 6:7. 2Thes 1:6-9.

"...choose for yourselves whom you will serve...." Joshua 24:15.

Nobody actually sits on the fence, whoever is not a follower of Christ/ servant of Jehovah , his/her actions or inactions , indicates where he/she stands.

Budaatum, the truth of God's word is very credible. Take it or leave. Its your choice.

Shalom

1 Like

Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by OneJ: 1:43pm On Sep 22, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

The Athanasian Creed says God Jesus & holy. ghost. "are coequal, coeternal,co- creators", the three are equal in everything. alBHAGDADI's Trinity is a hierarchy.

All the trinitarian creeds are not harmonious.

Lies always have conflicting & contradictory versions.
Oma se oooo !
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Nobody: 6:38pm On Sep 22, 2018
Barristter07:

Who did he prayed to with tears to Save him out of death ?
How come you're not getting the understanding? Perhaps because you don't have the Holy Ghost because Jesus(God)in the flesh was actually praying to Jesus(God)in the spirit so that Jesus(God)in the spirit could come and save Jesus(God)in the flesh. Simple as A B Cgrin grin grin
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by OneJ: 8:39pm On Sep 22, 2018
Primesky, pls explain to everyone on this thread, John 20:30,31 & Matt 16:13-17 & 1 Cor 15: 24,27. 11:3.
What is the meaning of. "begotten"?
Why does all the Trinitarian creeds- Nicene Creed, Athanasian creed etc have contradictory versions of Trinity?
Lol.
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Primesky(m): 8:49am On Sep 23, 2018
OneJ:
Primesky, pls explain to everyone on this thread, John 20:30,31 & Matt 16:13-17 & 1 Cor 15: 24,27. 11:3.
What is the meaning of. "begotten"?
Why does all the Trinitarian creeds- Nicene Creed, Athanasian creed etc have contradictory versions of Trinity?
Lol.

My dear there is no contradiction any where accept the ones you people have manufactured.

You guys should answer my questions first, otherwise no point of mine will make any sense. Let's establish the bases first.

God is one person manifested in three: God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. It's self deceit trying to contradict it. The whole attack is against the person of Jesus Christ simple. You must be born again!.
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by OneJ: 10:50am On Sep 23, 2018
Primesky:

My dear there is no contradiction any where accept the ones you people have manufactured.

You guys should answer my questions first, otherwise no point of mine will make any sense. Let's establish the bases first.

God is one person manifested in three: God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. It's self deceit trying to contradict it. The whole attack is against the person of Jesus Christ simple. You must be born again!.

Explain what 's in John 20:30,31,Matt16:13-17, 1 Cor 15:24,27. 11:3 & wound your false doctrine... Fear catch am...

In Athanasian Creed " the equality of the three persons of the Trinity is explicitly stated.... although one God, the Father ,son & holy spirit are distinct from each other. The Father is neither made nor begotten;
The son is not made but is begotten from the Father.
Holy spirit is neither made nor begotten but proceeds from the Father.- Western Churches include "and the son" ( filioque), a concept which Eastern & Oriental Orthodox Churches rejected.
(Source: Athanasian Creed Wikipedia.

The term (filioque concept) has been an ongoing source of conflict between Eastern Christianity & Western Christianity"
Source: filioque Wikipedia.

"The Apostles Creed makes no explicit statements about the divinity of the son & the holy spirit"
Source : Apostles Creed Wikipedia.

SERIAL LIARS, all of una no even agree on which version of your false doctrine to accept. Yesterday one of them said on NL (this thread) that there is hierarchy between the three persons of the Trinity.

2) Athanasian Creed says " the son is not made but begotten from the Father" (what a contradiction!).

3) "Made" past tense,of 'make'
'Make', to create.
begotten, past participle of beget.
Beget, definition
I) to father a child
ii) to create , MAKE some thing happen.

Source: Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary.

The Trinity falsehood must be exposed.
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by TruthinAction: 3:25pm On Sep 23, 2018
Ochiawutonnanna:
Jesus message was to save his people, the reason he come was to save his people Israelites not Christians. the Israelites were on bondage, so Christ so christ was sent and mission was to forgive them and bring them back. Let me she you scriptures.

“But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭15:24‬ ‭KJV‬‬
“These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭10:5-6‬ ‭KJV‬‬
Now you know why Christ came he said it himself, also I will show you he did not die for everyone only his people, white people keep thinking he died for them, {gentiles}
“The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom ye slew and hanged on a tree. Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭5:30-31‬ ‭KJV‬‬
Not the whole world this is why Christ came, the Bible is very clear.

Isreal rejected the gospel and that opened the door for salvation for the Gentiles.

John 1:11-13.
11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: note

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

1 Like

Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by budaatum: 5:08pm On Sep 23, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

The resurrection of Jesus was the ultimate sign of His acceptance and approval by God.
Of himself for himself by himself, you mean?
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Ochiawutonnanna(m): 4:06am On Sep 24, 2018
TruthinAction:

Isreal rejected the gospel and that opened the door for salvation for the Gentiles.

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: note

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
That’s how the gentiles got grafted in but there was a warning Paul gave them not to get big headed that will be cut off.
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Ochiawutonnanna(m): 4:07am On Sep 24, 2018
TruthinAction:

That’s how the gentiles got grafted in but there was a warning Paul gave them not to get big headed that they will be cut off.

1 Like

Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by MuttleyLaff: 4:09am On Sep 24, 2018
TATIME:
Please, did Nicodemus ever got born of water and spirit (Born Again)?
Because according to the gospels, Nicodemus remains part of the Sanhendrin (Jewish rulers). John 7:45-52

So all through Jesus' life and ministry, so he remains a disciple (in the secret). John 19:38,39

So he never declared himself publicly as a disciple of Christ( Matthew 10:39)

And it's the baptism by water that FIRST declares you PUBLICLY as an individual who is ready to join Christ's followers,
then it was at Pentecost 33c.e that those Christians were baptized with the spirit!
Unlike Peter who followed Jesus everywhere He goes and Jesus prayed fervently for him not to loose out in the race (Luke 22:31,32)

Nicodemus loved and kept his position amongst the Sanhendrin.
So how or when did he became BORN AGAIN.
TATIME, please do the following, let's do this together
1/ Type in here what Nicodemus opening remark was to Jesus
2/ Next from that remark, what was Nicodemus saying and asking Jesus?
3/ Why was Nicodemus saying this and asking Jesus?

TATIME:
(1) John 3:2 Acknowledging Jesus as a PROPHET from God just as another young ruler did. Luke 18:18-23.

(2) (Though indirectly) he came to ask Jesus the same question.

(3) (Though not mentioned) he has come to know what it will take to rule with Jesus, since that's the position he held in the religious setting and knew that the scriptures said some Jews will rule with the Messiah.
1)"The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him,
Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God:
for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.
"
- John 3:2

2/ He said:
"We all know that God has sent you to teach us.
Your miraculous signs are evidence that God is with you.
"

3/ He needed to establish the truth and/or correctness of who Jesus is
He was unlike Anna and Simeon who saw through and recognised Jesus without miracles and/or sign and wonder as evidences

TATIME:
But why didn't you answer my question?
I was hoping you will realise the answer from my earlier detailed post
and/or that when you're giving your responses to those three questions I asked, you would have seen the answers

How Nicodemus became BORN AGAIN, happened after already being physically born on earth (i.e. via water)
and how it took place, was from getting spiritually birthed from above (i.e. via Spirit)

When Nicodemus became BORN AGAIN, as earlier said, was when he was born from above (i.e. born again via Spirit)
and this born from above (i.e. born again) happened after being giving birth to by his mother (i.e. her water broke)

"3Jesus answered and said unto him,
Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God
5Jesus answered,
Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
6That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
"
- John 3:3, 5-6

Going back to John 3:3 above again,
Notice that Nicodemus, in John 3:3, managed to have seen some things, admitted and confirmed the origin of what hes being seeing,
now, TATIME, from that and by the import of John 3:3, it proves that Nicodemus is born again

TATIME, notice in John 3:3, that is Jesus saying, it's, from being born from above (i.e. born again),
that one is able to acknowledge the demonstrations & power of the kingdom of God (i.e. to see)

So, in effect, if one isnt born from above (i.e. not born again), then such one, will not see or cannot see the kingdom of God
(i.e. cannot admit, confirm and/or acknowledge the demonstrations & power of the kingdom of God)

Non born again persons, will rubbish, ridicule, make fun of, poke fun at, make jokes about, scoff at, be sarcastic about the kingdom of God
Such one, those not born from above, will take the mickey out of demonstrations & power of the kingdom of God

Now, going forward, in John 3:5, Jesus added that one cannot enter into the kingdom of God, except is born of water and born from above
and in John 3:6, clarified what he meant by "born of water", by saying that which is born of the flesh is flesh

John 3:5-6 infers natural birth and not water baptism, that you are promoting
It has nothing to do with "the baptism by water that FIRST declares you PUBLICLY as an individual who is ready to join Christ's followers"

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Faith Healers Who Couldn't Heal Themselves. / Who Is Olumba Olumba Obu According To The Holy Bible? Part One / Why Is There Something Rather than Nothing.... Let's Talk Philosophical

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 160
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.