Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,153 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:36 AM

Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" (59452 Views)

Any Guess What This Lady’s Reply Will Be To This Convo’ Pic / I Can't Marry A Woman Who Can't Cook - See Lady Reply / A Lady's Reply To A Guy Who Asked For Her Hand In Marriage On WhatsApp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by zubinike(m): 9:52am On Sep 19, 2018
freeze001:
The point is getting physical. At some point there may be some friction and misunderstanding. The question is, why would ur calm n soft mother attempt slapping another human being? How about reining herself in and resolving the issues with maturity? Same applies to the wife, no adult should slap or hit another adult in the name of anger because it is absolutely wrong!

We all know it is wrong for the mum hitting his daughter inlaw, the facts remains. If it occurs, what will you do?
Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by zubinike(m): 9:56am On Sep 19, 2018
[quote author=gloria34 post=71325398]u deserve a permanent space in heaven[/quote

Gloria if i beat up your father for slapping me
i hope you, your brothers and even your villagers will buy me a space in heaven for treating the matter politely.
Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by zubinike(m): 9:59am On Sep 19, 2018
Shugavee:
If my mother in law slaps me, i will walk away, cause she is meant to be like my mum, n if my mum slaps me I don’t slap her back.. but she must leave my house

you deserve a dinner someday...if single anyway

1 Like

Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by zubinike(m): 10:12am On Sep 19, 2018
Born2Breed:

What sensible mother inlaw would slap her daughter inlaw.

I wouldn't dare slap my daughter in-law.

it has happened it has happened. You as the wife, what will you do shikena...why all this in-surbordinate replies. Take it that it happened, what will you do?
Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by slineik(m): 10:17am On Sep 19, 2018
I am not in support of mother inlaw slapping Daughter inlaw.

I think the question should be WHAT WILL YOU DO, IF YOUR MOTHER SLAP YOU. in that way we may be able answer the question appropriately.

Your mother inlaw is also suppose to be your mother i guess.

Cheers

2 Likes

Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by Adadioranma79(f): 10:20am On Sep 19, 2018
Can't happen. I am well brought up, I know wen and how to let people punish themselves, mother in law inclusive.

zubinike:

do people realise the IF" to the cause. Ada in honesty, what will you do if the said subject occurs. ?
Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by zubinike(m): 10:27am On Sep 19, 2018
Adadioranma79:
Can't happen. I am well brought up, I know wen and how to let people punish themselves, mother in law inclusive.

you seem to understand the phrase way better.
"what will you do, if you got slapped by your husbands mother" a straight forward answer is required to this if it occurs. We know it may not occur at all because u were well brought up dadadada....or you and the mother in law may be too good dadadada....it happened. She slapped you, what will be your reaction ?

1 Like

Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by Born2Breed(f): 10:40am On Sep 19, 2018
zubinike:

it has happened it has happened. You as the wife, what will you do shikena...why all this in-surbordinate replies. Take it that it happened, what will you do?

Ofcourse I won't slap her in retaliation. Not just because she is my mother inlaw but she is also an elder. I will forgive her and my husband must apologise to me on behalf of his mum, if not I will slap him in our bedroom.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by chincuss(m): 10:41am On Sep 19, 2018
Nobody is talkin about what d wife did. For example: if my wife was facebooking at home. Until my mum came in she never new our dinner is burnt to d ground. Maybe i av warned her alot about ha concentration. Not dat fb is bad bt dia is tym 4 evrytin. And my mum slaps ha 4 repeating it. Is she nt suppose to apologise after d slap? 4get d fact u av ur own money or nt i bliv wit d pride in gals dey wont go 4 a guy lower so respect is demanded 4rm dem. No mata how much a gal av u wil neva pay ur dowry so gals dont tink 2 much

Most piple dont no dat in marriage if both paties love respect and trust demselves dey wil neva b problem in dia home. Who slaps who wil nt b dia.

But to me if my wife does sumtin bad and my mum slaps ha, she should apologise . But if my mum slaps my wife bcus of sumtin tangible my wife should nt expect anytin frm me . I wil bcus of ha respect giv my mum a long distance. Future matas den
Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by folake4u(f): 10:48am On Sep 19, 2018
zubinike:

what's your view to life? How can the subject matter be an impossible mission. Common shit happens.

I don't know if it happens actually but you know all these Twitter stories are to be taken with a hair's breath.

smiley.
Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by Adadioranma79(f): 10:59am On Sep 19, 2018
Ask it in all the language in this world, my answer is still same. Won't happen! Shikena
zubinike:

you seem to understand the phrase way better.
"what will you do, if you got slapped by your husbands mother" a straight forward answer is required to this if it occurs. We know it may not occur at all because u were well brought up dadadada....or you and the mother in law may be too good dadadada....it happened. She slapped you, what will be your reaction ?
Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by ladyverere(f): 11:18am On Sep 19, 2018
Airforce1:

I've got the best mom in the whole world .

She's soft hearted and caring to a fault .

Like I said in my previous comment , she no dey pass her boundary .

If any woman all in the name of love we shared disrespect my mom , I will punish her after which she will apologise .

You be real small boy. Do grow up.

BTW a caring mother would love her son's wife and take her as her own daughter so that the issue of her raising her hand against her daughter will not even arise.

As for me, I won't do anything should my mother in law raises her hand against me for I know for sure that her own biological daughter would face a far worse fate in her matrimonial home and I will be there to say

Ntoor!

1 Like

Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by ladyverere(f): 11:20am On Sep 19, 2018
chris31:
I will choose my mum over my wife any day any time

That na because you never marry or if you don marry your wife no know her job of keeping you in the palm of her hand.

1 Like

Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by eminex(m): 11:31am On Sep 19, 2018
Tamarapetty:
Mum is soo gentle cheesy

Btw why would she slap me for no reason?? sad

I think there must be a reason which was not stated. Except the mother-in-law is just looking for trouble.
Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by delishpot: 11:44am On Sep 19, 2018
folake4u:
Nigerian men love imagining the impossible too much.

Cos they looking for slaves not wives grin grin
They want wives who

*Knows she will be left to drown if she is in a sinking boat with her MIL
* Knows that she can be slapped at any given moment and should swallow it.
* Knows that she has to be a submissive bread winner. Yes she MUST bring sonething to the table but should not consider that the husband MUST assist at home.
* Knows that she can be cheated on at any time and instead of complaining prays for her husband.

1 Like

Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by Tollzara(m): 11:46am On Sep 19, 2018
Someone asked a simple question to know what ladies' reactions would be in a particular scenario, maybe to satisfy a curiosity, or just for the fun of it, or for whatever reason we don't know. The main gist being that, no one knows why he asked it. It is just a question. But some unnecessarily rigid people are already fuming in the mouth like rusty stoves, getting angry over nothing, bitter and aggressive, condemning him for asking such question, and not only did they assume, but they concluded that he asked it because of a misogynistic motive. Seriously? Of what value is all this myopia-induced bad energy? How will people like this who are just too uptight not have problems with other human beings in the most innocent and ordinary situations, just because of their narrow world view? Always offended. Always hypersensitive. Always making a mountain out of a molehill. You guys need to lighten up a bit, abeg. Kilode.

So, if I asked that kind of question now, despite my indisputably feminist world view (did I say indisputably? Well, any morøn can dispute anything), I would be accused of asking it for misogynistic reasons? "Misogyny". That word is fast becoming a joke on nairaland. Fast becoming meaningless. Like they just throw it around. That's what you get when feminism becomes a religion. It becomes blind and fanatical, hence irrational.

It's a simple question. It is something that CAN happen. If it happens, what would you do? Must you make a big deal out of that? Just answer the damn question, and tell us how you will react.

Here's a thread where men were asked a similar question. But I don't see any outbursts and outrage over the fact that someone asked such a question. People who take everything too serious are always angry and sad. And they're always offended. Always viewing everything from a narrow, myopic prism. They can't even have fun. Na wa o.

https://www.nairaland.com/2602293/men-what-father-inlaw-slaps

As for me, if my mum slaps my wife, I'll definitely intervene as fast as possible, not because I believe my mum is a sacred cow that shouldn't be touched no matter the wrong she does, but because it is wiser to prevent the situation from escalating beyond that, and I'll look for a way to pacify my wife and make my mum apologize for her wrong-doing. In fact, I will mandate it. And she would have to give us some space, staying away from us for a while, all for the sake of peace. If I wasn't there and things escalate before I arrive, the person who started it by slapping the other takes the blame for EVERYTHING, and apologize for the whole saga, because if she hadn't slapped the other person it wouldn't have happened. If that's my mum, then so be it.

If my father-in-law slaps me, I definitely won't slap him back, because of my own personal principles and values which I have the right to hold onto, not because it is wrong to retaliate. I can't slap the parent of my wife. But I will definitely stop him from causing any further damage to me. Although, I may lose my respect for him, there's no way I'm slapping him back.

1 Like

Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by eminex(m): 11:47am On Sep 19, 2018
kokolet007:
No sensible wife will retaliate bcoz if I hear say one stupid wife wey den no train for there house abuse my mother face to face, or slap am I no go think twice before I deal with her even before her husband take action.
It's only a foolish wife will slap her mother in law no matter what she did bcoz the moment she retaliate no body wants to listen to her again, it also means she normally beat her mother and personally I can't imagine talking back to my mother In law talk less of slapping her bcoz she does it, I will rather walk out and allow my husband control the situation and if my husband didn't handle it well as I want, I will give the family space to claim my respect and as a sign of protest! That is all, this is Africa, na me carry my leg choose my husband and I must respect his family even if to do that at a distance .

You answered well
Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by Tollzara(m): 11:48am On Sep 19, 2018
eminex:

I think there must be a reason which was not stated. Except the mother-in-law is just looking for trouble.
Even if there was a reason, there's no justification for it. There is no reason to physically assault another person, unless they assaulted you first.

1 Like

Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by Tollzara(m): 12:02pm On Sep 19, 2018
Airforce1:
Marry this fat fool at your own peril .

The day you disrespect my mom will signal your end of days .

I will not only Unlove you , I will make sure you're seriously dealt with after which you will apologise to my mom for your misconduct.

My mom is a calm and loving woman , she no dey pass her boundary .
If she gets angry at you , thats because you've done something terribly wrong .

No man should condone a disrespectful house wife/girlfriend.
So your mum cannever be wrong? She's an angel from heaven? Even God has been wrong countless times, as the Hebrew Bible indicates page after page.

I pity the unfortunate lady that will marry this fool. You have already sentenced her before verdict. If she has any fall out with your mum, she's automatically at fault, no questions asked. Judgement before trial. Your mind is already closed.

Your wife is gonna be in for some disgusting shįt. The kind of shįt you have for brains.

One morön is already bad enough. The number of likes you got indicates that there are at least 433 other idiots like you on this forum.

3 Likes

Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by Tollzara(m): 12:10pm On Sep 19, 2018
chris31:
I will choose my mum over my wife any day any time
Make sure to put this disclaimer at the bottom of your marriage certificate, and always make sure you add it at the end of every promise you make to her.

I will do A for you, "except if my mum....."

I will always love you, "except if my mum..."

I will always be there for you, "unless my mum..."

It will help her make an informed choice, and your conscience would be clear that you didn't trick her.

Honest men are the most honorable.

Dionysus is the only trickster that remains an honorable divinity on legitimate grounds, because he's the God of mad wine and lunacy.

Every other trickster is a bastard and a disgrace. cry

2 Likes

Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by eminex(m): 12:12pm On Sep 19, 2018
Tollzara:
Even if there was a reason, there's no justification for it. There is no reason to physically assault another person, unless they assaulted you first.

I'm not saying the mother-in-law is justified for slapping her daughter-in-law same way also the daughter-in-law is not justified for disrespecting her mother-in-law. Just pointing that something might have led to it.

I don't expect my mum to do that... But let's say it does happen, I will caution her respectfully. Likewise I won't expect my wife to retaliate.
Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by Tollzara(m): 12:15pm On Sep 19, 2018
eminex:

I'm not saying the mother-in-law is justified for slapping her daughter-in-law same way also the daughter-in-law is not justified for disrespecting her mother-in-law. Just pointing that something might have led to it.

I don't expect my mum to do that... But let's say it does happen, I will caution her respectfully. Likewise I won't expect my wife to retaliate.
But you mustn't blame your wife for retaliating. That would be plain wrong and unjust. I don't plan to marry a fool who will cower before oppressors and won't know her own rights.

You caution and condemn your mother for being plain insane.

1 Like

Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by Tollzara(m): 12:17pm On Sep 19, 2018
1Sharon:

Why don't you marry and fvck her too?
Lol. grin

1 Like

Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by Tollzara(m): 12:23pm On Sep 19, 2018
HazzanTazzan:

The question didn't say "if she crossed her boudaries"...
Crossing her boundaries that was said by airforce1 means that the mother wouldn't do something to warrant a disrespect from the wife which will lead to the slap...

Now listen... Whether my mum is gentle or not, my wife must have disrespected her to deserve a slap and a man isn't supposed to question his mum for that action...

I'd simply apologize to my mum without asking any questions and when I'm alone with my wife, I will ask her what happened, talk to her, correct her, calm her and make her apologize to my mum even if she doesn't feel she has done a thing to deserve the slap...
See what shyte you talking mayne. undecided

Was your brain manufactured when there was pandemonium in heaven?

3 Likes

Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by IkennaDavid1(m): 12:26pm On Sep 19, 2018
I see nothing epic about her response... I only see the reply of a lady with poor upbringing and low IQ.. 1st of all it was a question to inspire fun so her getting upset to the point of calling an imagined mother inlaw MAD WOMAN is very sad.. 2ndly I am sure she must have been slapped or cautioned by her own mom while growing up, how many times did she call her mother a MAD WOMAN?
Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by Tollzara(m): 12:27pm On Sep 19, 2018
1Sharon:

Of course, because I'm not settling to marry you nigerian pricks
Nigerian pricks? Seriously? undecided

1 Like

Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by Ehisnaruto(m): 12:31pm On Sep 19, 2018
With the type of replies I've read so far in this thread, it's obvious that most of the youth nowadays lack sense of understanding and that the future is very very dark for a lot of our young girls. First thing first you should understand that your mom will not get up from wherever she is and just go and slap your wife. Something would have taken place that would lead to her slapping your wife, plus if your wife can raise her hand to slap your mom in your absence then to me that's the greatest dishonor of all, no matter what the situation might be. If she loves you and respect your family as an extension of that love then She can quietly leave that scene wait for you to come back and report the incident to you, and as a reasonable man that loves his wife and also respect his mother. It is appropriate for you to caution your mom not to do such again, instead she(ur mom) should be her(ur wife) protection when you are not around, more also for the fact that everyone is an adult and should be treated as such. Violence has never been known to solve any problems in the world.
Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by eminex(m): 12:34pm On Sep 19, 2018
Tollzara:
But you mustn't blame your wife for retaliating. That would be plain wrong and unjust. I don't plan to marry a fool who will cower before oppressors and won't know her own rights.

You caution and condemn your mother for being plain insane.

You are getting it all wrong. So let's assume your wife disrespected your mum greatly to the point that she slapped her and then your wife retaliated. You mean you will regard your mum as being insane and then praise your wife.
Haba son!
Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by Tollzara(m): 12:48pm On Sep 19, 2018
eminex:

You are getting it all wrong. So let's assume your wife disrespected your mum greatly to the point that she slapped her and then your wife retaliated. You mean you will regard your mum as being insane and then praise your wife.
Haba son!
No matter the level of disrespect, which can't go beyond insult or plain humiliation and disregard, at the very worst of it, physical assault is not justified. She has rights under the law that protects her against such attacks. It is LEGALLY wrong, hence criminal, for my mum to do that. And it would be contemptible if she did. If your wife decides to sue your mum for assault, you will understand the gravity of what she did.

If my wife disrespects my mum and my mum slaps her, I will chastise my mum for slapping my wife and apologize to the person who was slapped. Depending on what she did that my mum termed "disrespect", I would either break ties with my wife or remain with her.

If the disrespect is not a matter of my mum being petty, but really goes as deep as my wife humiliating my mum out of contempt and disregard, without any justifiable reason, I will definitely break ties with such devil after settling the rift, even though my mum was wrong to have slapped her. She could have just reported her to me without any need for violence, and I would still have ended the marriage just as before, but without having to condemn her for the vice of her slapping the lady. It's just plain wrong.
Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by IkennaDavid1(m): 12:51pm On Sep 19, 2018
Shugavee:
If my mother in law slaps me, i will walk away, cause she is meant to be like my mum, n if my mum slaps me I don’t slap her back.. but she must leave my house

Now this is one sane lady

1 Like

Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by Airforce1(m): 2:20pm On Sep 19, 2018
Tollzara:
So your mum cannever be wrong? She's an angel from heaven? Even God has been wrong countless times, as the Hebrew Bible indicates page after page.

I pity the unfortunate lady that will marry this fool. You have already sentenced her before verdict. If she has any fall out with your mum, she's automatically at fault, no questions asked. Judgement before trial. Your mind is already closed.

Your wife is gonna be in for some disgusting shįt. The kind of shįt you have for brains.

One morön is already bad enough. The number of likes you got indicates that there are at least 433 other idiots like you on this forum.

Keep barking like a mad dog , Idiot
Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by Tollzara(m): 2:28pm On Sep 19, 2018
Airforce1:

Keep barking like a mad dog , Idiot
Your mother is the mad dog. You are the insane puppy.

Why did you modify your post? You thought I didn't see the first one insulting my parents? grin

I do that shįt way better than you. Just go and die in peace.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

17 Facts You Should Know If You Are Dating A Short Girl / Speed Darlington Leaks His Sex Photo, Set To Leak His Sex Video / Top 10 Things That Women Loves About Men But Will Never Say It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.