Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,057 members, 7,814,637 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:44 PM

Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" (59481 Views)

Any Guess What This Lady’s Reply Will Be To This Convo’ Pic / I Can't Marry A Woman Who Can't Cook - See Lady Reply / A Lady's Reply To A Guy Who Asked For Her Hand In Marriage On WhatsApp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by georgeceekay: 8:19am On Sep 19, 2018
If ur mom slap you, will you slap her back?

1 Like

Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by zubinike(m): 8:20am On Sep 19, 2018
[quote author=chiommy123 post=71295728]No need slapping anybody the same way you want her to wait till her husband comes back to complain or report whatever was done to her why not do same.[/quote

hmmm chiom. Ahnhan, haba.. Will u beat up your mum because she slapped u?
Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by bodex196(m): 8:24am On Sep 19, 2018
Jamariwolff:
Nigeria men can imagine nonsense.

Well I would sense it before marriage, smh.
Sense wee nor kill u...

1 Like

Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by tech18: 8:26am On Sep 19, 2018
zinnyzee:

i.e.... If i later change my mind about not getting married o

Lolszz....you have to change ooo.I don start saving your bride price
grin
Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by zubinike(m): 8:28am On Sep 19, 2018
xendra:
chai, see you here again. I talk am say this boy no go get sense, the question is not if you have a simple mother that doesn't cross boundary, the question is if she already crossed boundary and slaps your wife.

If your own no dey cross boundary then the post is not for you.

xendra..boundaries no boundaries. What will you do ? Possibly poison everybody in the house for slapping you. Hmmm. I wonder if your mum got beating by your brothers wife because your mum slapped her. How u will handle this issue? Maybe possibly thank your brothers wife because your mum crossed her boundary
Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by HazzanTazzan(m): 8:36am On Sep 19, 2018
garripack:

I am very sure you want to get a slave

I don't think you need a wife....

Oga Oh your wife no be your pikin oòo..

No be say she(wife) retaliate to my Mama ooooo

My broda use ur sense... the bible said a Man would leave is father house and cliff to his wife...

All this Nigeria guys and mum.. mum

Oga as for me very simple..

I won't ask question... I would just beg my wife to please forgive me for being incapable...

After which... with immediate effect my Mama go pack her load to her husband house... shocked grin

Yess ooo na my wife husband...

Broda ain't joking with the bone of my bone..

Any asunder holyghost fire...

My Mama must call me after dat before coming to my house..
And I go get approval from my wife before she go come..

Oga my one Kobo

Very senseless...

You'd send your mum out of your house cos she slapped your wife for a reason you don't know?

And your wife must have a say in whether your mum shld visit or not ? Chai

U sure say ur mama no abandon you when you were young ?
Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by zubinike(m): 8:38am On Sep 19, 2018
1Sharon:

Why don't you marry and fvck her too?

that's harsh sweedie. Sharon you killed the beat.this shit happens. Just imagine your mum got beating by your brothers wife all because mum slapped her? Will u fold hands and let it slide.
Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by HazzanTazzan(m): 8:38am On Sep 19, 2018
ImaIma1:

I will apologize for being slapped? That is wrong of you. You should be able to caution your mum also. Now your mum will feel free to slap your wife and even get an apology for doing it.

You also need to consider your wife's feelings. The fact that your mum is elderly does not make her above respecting others and apologizing if she is wrong.

Be careful not to breed resentment in your wife. It may take a while but she will explode one day.

Very good composition...

As I said, I will sit my wife down and ask her what happened, if from her story, she didn't do anything extreme, I will sit my mum down, talk to her and caution her...

1 Like

Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by zubinike(m): 8:40am On Sep 19, 2018
anitank:

You sound so dumb and stupid.

Did you even read the question or do you lack comprehension skills?

lol.....anitank, please how will you react to this if it occurs?
Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by Nobody: 8:43am On Sep 19, 2018
Jamariwolff:

Your response is so mature. We need to hook up. Would be nice to see ya
Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by zubinike(m): 8:46am On Sep 19, 2018
HazzanTazzan:

The question didn't say "if she crossed her boudaries"...
Crossing her boundaries that was said by airforce1 means that the mother wouldn't do something to warrant a disrespect from the wife which will lead to the slap...

Now listen... Whether my mum is gentle or not, my wife must have disrespected her to deserve a slap and a man isn't supposed to question his mum for that action...

I'd simply apologize to my mum without asking any questions and when I'm alone with my wife, I will ask her what happened, talk to her, correct her, calm her and make her apologize to my mum even if she doesn't feel she has done a thing to deserve the slap...

wagbayi brother, may u live to see your children children's. May your days not be cut short. Haha, mama nah mama oh. No matter the wrongs, no matter the slaps. If your father inlaw slaps you and you beat him up, are you expecting her to throw u a party for standing up to the Man? Oga she go simply poison you self. Let self respect come to play. You be man, may u live to enjoy your wife once again and if u ain't married oga may u be blessed with a better woman jare.
Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by Nancypunni: 8:49am On Sep 19, 2018
Airforce1:

I've got the best mom in the whole world .

She's soft hearted and caring to a fault .

Like I said in my previous comment , she no dey pass her boundary .

If any woman all in the name of love we shared disrespect my mom , I will punish her after which she will apologise .

Ur a big fool...stop avoiding the qstion or you just keep quite...

1 Like

Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by olufolarin2222: 8:50am On Sep 19, 2018
it happen of recent a man seeking for advice on his plan to divorce his wife, becos his mother slap her wife and the wife slap her back. on their wedding day at the reception because of foodn she said her mum take food and was serving her own gest, the wife grew annouyed and collectthe food angrily from her mother in law and the mother slap her and the wife slap her back
Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by zubinike(m): 8:53am On Sep 19, 2018
LordBabs:
Emotions aside, we all have the equal right to keep our hands to ourselves (except in act of self-defence). If your mom slaps first, she already passes her boundary and should be dealt with accordingly.

lordbabs..so what will you do"? Let me learn from you. The word Dealt with....am waiting to hear the punishment
Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by garripack: 8:54am On Sep 19, 2018
HazzanTazzan:

Very senseless...

You'd send your mum out of your house cos she slapped your wife for a reason you don't know?

Listen dude I feel u really don't know much about the importance of the union between a husband and a wife.

Saying u 're very senseless ain't really fair....

And am very sure u wouldn't want to end up marrying ur mum.. very sure about it... buh incase u would I advice u marry her instead of getting a wife...

And ur fada dead or alive would teach u how to behave..

Have a blessed day

2 Likes

Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by zubinike(m): 8:59am On Sep 19, 2018
Vickygarl:
Why on earth would the woman slap her daughter-in-law? If such was done to her own daughter, would it sit well with her?? It is called physical abuse and it is wrong. She deserves whatever she gets afterwards cos they didn't send the wife to their house to be beaten.
For those men that would allow that to be done to their wives, it's better u don't marry at all and stay tied to ur mama's clothe. That kind of behaviour is unjustifiable.

Vicky no hard feelings, the question remained un-answered. What will you do if your husband mum slapped u?

i got married to you, i had a rift with your father and he slapped me. Are u expecting me to beat him up?
Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by Nobody: 9:03am On Sep 19, 2018
tech18:

Lolszz....you have to change ooo.I don start saving your bride price
grin

Lolz... You better use your money play nairabet grin
Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by Born2Breed(f): 9:05am On Sep 19, 2018
IamHeWrites:
A young lady's epic reply to a question on Twitter has made her go viral.

Igbo boy asked;
"Nah girls on a real, what would you do if your husbands mum slapped you?"

A lot of answers followed the question, but Shomi's answer stood out and has now gone viral.

She replied;

https://www.torimill.co/viral/9854/see-ladys-reply-to-what-would-you-do-if-your-husbands-mum-slapped-you.html

What sensible mother inlaw would slap her daughter inlaw.

I wouldn't dare slap my daughter in-law.

2 Likes

Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by Mexyz(m): 9:05am On Sep 19, 2018
zinnyzee:
I pray my husband's mum never slap me for anything in this world.

But if for one reason or another she does... Well, as pikin wey get mama and wey my own mama don give me brain re-setting slaps countless times before, na to just cool down fa. It takes a lot to be a wife and mother. So after watching you for close to 1 month now and planning on how to make my move, only to see that you don't have the desire to get married cry

But with my level of future success and influence, my mother-in-law will definitely think twice before raising her hands to me.

i.e.... If i later change my mind about not getting married o
Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by zubinike(m): 9:13am On Sep 19, 2018
missjane:
Hmm..lol..well as long as it's not a habit..if not I can get my dad to return the slap to my husband..till we both start wearing helmet around our in-laws

lol, wear helmets like okada riders.

1 Like

Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by ImaIma1(f): 9:16am On Sep 19, 2018
HazzanTazzan:

Very good composition...

As I said, I will sit my wife down and ask her what happened, if from her story, she didn't do anything extreme, I will sit my mum down, talk to her and caution her...

It should be treated as a case of domestic violence. Whatever the wife did should have been reported to the husband or her MIL should have cautioned rather than slapped her.

No one should be slapping anyone.

1 Like

Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by bluefilm: 9:17am On Sep 19, 2018
Can you imagine!

This is what a bunch of youths who want to take over power from the elderly are discussing with so much gusto?

Lazy and useless youths indeed. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by Itzurboi(m): 9:22am On Sep 19, 2018
missjane:
Hmm..lol..well as long as it's not a habit..if not I can get my dad to return the slap to my husband..till we both start wearing helmet around our in-laws
You really crack me up with your comment, cant stop laffin abt the helmet(akoto).... Are you a Chemist, you sure would know how to balance chemical eqts

2 Likes

Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by zubinike(m): 9:28am On Sep 19, 2018
ola12:
Depends on a 1st strike or subsequent strike basis.
1st strike, my mom slaps my wife for the first time-Instant family meeting between 3 of us when I come back, words would fly and a consensus would be made. The person at fault would be cautioned and apology tendered to the other person. Shikena

Subsequent strike - Haba, doesnt matter if my wife was at fault or not, my mum cant just go slapping my wife like that (ps. I love my mom more than most things, but still). If she is living in my house with us, new apartment straight, cant tolerate anybody who would give me issues with my wife (this is a woman I would spend possibly next 50yrs with).
Too many people on this thread getting emotional for no reason, besides its just a hypothetical question.

Now if my wife slap my mum back, that wan go hard, cos I go definitely get issues with my wife for not handling it the right way. The right way is to backoff right there and then report to me, and she should definitely trust me to handle the situation properly

if you reside around festac, i owe u a bottle of wine or bottles of beer. You spoke well
Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by Codyt(m): 9:29am On Sep 19, 2018
Airforce1:
Marry this fat fool at your own peril .

The day you disrespect my mom will signal your end of days .

I will not only Unlove you , I will make sure you're seriously dealt with after which you will apologise to my mom for your misconduct.

My mom is a calm and loving woman , she no dey pass her boundary .
If she gets angry at you , thats because you've done something terribly wrong .

No man should condone a disrespectful house wife/girlfriend.
Off point. Deviated totally from what's been said. Sigh

2 Likes

Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by nadi1: 9:34am On Sep 19, 2018
Jamariwolff:

THIS IS THE TESTIMONY OF 19- YEAR OLD SIMI - WHO RECENTLY GRADUATED AS A PHOTOGRAPHER, DIGITAL MEDIA MARKETER & GRAPHICS DESIGNER AT THE ICT HUB!

‘My practical journey into Photography started when i attended the FREE ICT Photography July this year and after the impressive one day free training taken by PMS Photgraphy, i enrolled for the full course (my dad and i were initially skeptical about the practical intensity of the training that he had to even followed me to the venue ascertain its authenticity!

Within ONE MONTH, i was not only train fully in Professional Basic Photography; i was also fully trained in GRAPHICS DESIGN as well as DIGITAL MEDIA MARKETING

With deft professionalism, i take incredible photography shots, capture photography moments as well edit amazing photos with Lightroom studios as well as with Photoshop on my laptop.

Currently internship under the tutelage of PMS Photography, my Passion for photography is being truly unleashed coupled with creative skills as a digital media marketer and multimedia designer -

I will even be there for the FREE TRAINING....SEE YOU THERE!’

This free Intensive photographer Training program provides you a beginner-friendly introduction to photographer and if you want to learn photographer from scratch, this free course is for you!

DATE: 5TH of October, 2018
VENUE: IKEJA, LAGOS
TIME: 10am Prompt
COST & REGISTRATION: Absolutely Free (Check Link To Register Now!)
REQUIREMENTS: Just Come With Your Laptop/Tablet/Writing Materials/Camera
ADD-ON: Free Unlimited Internet Wi-Fi Access To First 20 Participants

NOTE: DON’T COME FOR THIS TRAINING EMPTY HANDED. COME WITH YOUR CAMERA – WE WILL BE TAKING PRACTICAL SHOTS. COME WITH YOUR LAPTOP, WE WILL BE WORKING WITH LIGHTROOM AND PHOTOSHOP TO EDIT PICTURES TAKEN AT THE TRAINING. AND ITS ABSOLUTELY FREE!

Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by zubinike(m): 9:40am On Sep 19, 2018
Themandator:

I am not sure you are married to learn first hand what marriage and wife means in practical terms . The only person who doesn't need to knock your door before entering your bedroom is your wife. That woman can send you six feet and still cry over your corpse or cadever.

oga!!! Why nah...its an imaginary question. With the word "If". All this long comprehension no matter. If it happens what will you do? Simple answer shows who u are and not all this lectures that one wont learn anything from

As for slapping , I can't imagine that scenario . My mum doesn't live with me. And she has not finished slapping her own daughters to now been on a transfer mission to iniate my wife into the acts .... That won't happen.

My mum is a patient and understanding woman. Even when my wife went to her house, she never called for once to complain of anything misconduct. She wants happiness for everyone
Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by zubinike(m): 9:41am On Sep 19, 2018
Themandator:

I am not sure you are married to learn first hand what marriage and wife means in practical terms . The only person who doesn't need to knock your door before entering your bedroom is your wife. That woman can send you six feet and still cry over your corpse or cadever.

As for slapping , I can't imagine that scenario . My mum doesn't live with me. And she has not finished slapping her own daughters to now been on a transfer mission to iniate my wife into the acts .... That won't happen.

My mum is a patient and understanding woman. Even when my wife went to her house, she never called for once to complain of anything misconduct. She wants happiness for everyone

oga!!! Why nah...its an imaginary question. With the word "If". All this long comprehension no matter. If it happens what will you do? Simple answer shows who u are and not all this lectures that one wont learn anything from
Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by zubinike(m): 9:43am On Sep 19, 2018
Greyworld:

God bless you. I hope they receive it in good fate and say "Thank you sir"

are u expecting to fight back? Greyworld...!!!
Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by kokolet007(f): 9:44am On Sep 19, 2018
No sensible wife will retaliate bcoz if I hear say one stupid wife wey den no train for there house abuse my mother face to face, or slap am I no go think twice before I deal with her even before her husband take action.
It's only a foolish wife will slap her mother in law no matter what she did bcoz the moment she retaliate no body wants to listen to her again, it also means she normally beat her mother and personally I can't imagine talking back to my mother In law talk less of slapping her bcoz she does it, I will rather walk out and allow my husband control the situation and if my husband didn't handle it well as I want, I will give the family space to claim my respect and as a sign of protest! That is all, this is Africa, na me carry my leg choose my husband and I must respect his family even if to do that at a distance .

1 Like

Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by zubinike(m): 9:49am On Sep 19, 2018
Adadioranma79:
If your mum is truly all that you just described her to be, then I don't think she ll raise her hand to slap your wife its simple. Slapping your wife no matter how vexed she felt is same as slapping you, not minding your age and status as a married man. She is expected to leave the punishment to you to dish out. Shikena

do people realise the IF" to the cause. Ada in honesty, what will you do if the said subject occurs. ?
Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by Shugavee(f): 9:51am On Sep 19, 2018
HazzanTazzan:

Very senseless...

shut up ,,, he is right, no mother hv the right to slap ur wife no matter the reason n u let ur mum continue to cm around?,,, except u planed for the fight to happen again. N she continue hiting ur wife

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

I Love Her But She Is An Undergraduate And Poor / Pre-wedding Photos Of Nigerian Man And His Oyinbo Bride / Lady Proposes To Boyfriend In Front Of Friends, Family And Strangers In A Park

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.