Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,117 members, 7,814,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:22 PM

Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" (59491 Views)

Any Guess What This Lady’s Reply Will Be To This Convo’ Pic / I Can't Marry A Woman Who Can't Cook - See Lady Reply / A Lady's Reply To A Guy Who Asked For Her Hand In Marriage On WhatsApp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by shineeye1: 5:10am On Sep 19, 2018
MissRaine69:

We have dialogue in our household...and by the way she is not my mother. My relationship with my mother transcends all relationships and violence has never been a feature of it. She crossed the line by hitting the girl and there is nothing you can say that will change that.

You have a choice : change your view or remain single.
Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by bigtt76(f): 5:10am On Sep 19, 2018
In marriage, resolution of conflicts should go like this

1. Wife and Husband's Mother (Husband and Wife's mother)

Wife (husband) should complain to husband (wife) if any issue with his mother. Husband mediates between the two. Wife should not take the law into her hands and likewise his mother.

2. Wife and Husband's Father (Husband and Wife's father)
As above

3. Wife and Husband's siblings (Husband and Wife's siblings)
As above

Wife or husband should never take sides against either the wife or against family (same with wife too)

3 Likes

Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by ola12(m): 5:11am On Sep 19, 2018
Depends on a 1st strike or subsequent strike basis.
1st strike, my mom slaps my wife for the first time-Instant family meeting between 3 of us when I come back, words would fly and a consensus would be made. The person at fault would be cautioned and apology tendered to the other person. Shikena

Subsequent strike - Haba, doesnt matter if my wife was at fault or not, my mum cant just go slapping my wife like that (ps. I love my mom more than most things, but still). If she is living in my house with us, new apartment straight, cant tolerate anybody who would give me issues with my wife (this is a woman I would spend possibly next 50yrs with).
Too many people on this thread getting emotional for no reason, besides its just a hypothetical question.

Now if my wife slap my mum back, that wan go hard, cos I go definitely get issues with my wife for not handling it the right way. The right way is to backoff right there and then report to me, and she should definitely trust me to handle the situation properly

5 Likes

Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by lexy2014: 5:13am On Sep 19, 2018
folake4u:
Nigerian men love imagining the impossible too much.
how do u no its only Nigerian men that imagine d "impossible"? Did u interact with men from d other 180 countries 2no this?

1 Like

Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by ola12(m): 5:22am On Sep 19, 2018
MissRaine69:

If I cross the line with my own mother she makes me aware and as a person with a brain I will acknowledge that I have crossed the line and make amends. She won’t slap me as that solves nothing as we have a very good relationship. Now if his mother feels offended she can tell me why does she feel it pertinent to slap me?

I will slap her back ( twice) I can assure you
Once for her slap
And second for memory’s sake
That I can promise you.
Missraine, thats not the way to do things, you're getting quite emotional. The ideal thing is to backoff at that moment, if the mil is a mad woman you dont need to drag yourself to her level at that point. Not saying you should tolerate nonsense like a househelp, but slapping her back in that particular moment would cause more harm than good. If you married a real man(not all these wussies claiming mama's chewinggum and protector), he should be able to handle the situation better and even get her to apologize to you and prevent reoccurence.
Your MIL didnot behave maturedly by slapping you, that does not make you any less matured and you should try to act maturedly at that point. You have no idea how much respect your man and mil would have 4 you if you just do the right thing.

3 Likes

Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by shineeye1: 5:31am On Sep 19, 2018
ola12:

Missraine, thats not the way to do things, you're getting quite emotional. The ideal thing is to backoff at that moment, if the mil is a mad woman you dont need to drag yourself to her level at that point. Not saying you should tolerate nonsense like a househelp, but slapping her back in that particular moment would cause more harm than good. If you married a real man(not all these wussies claiming mama's chewinggum and protector), he should be able to handle the situation better and even get her to apologize to you and prevent reoccurence.
Your MIL didnot behave maturedly by slapping you, that does not make you any less matured and you should try to act maturedly at that point. You have no idea how much respect your man and mil would have 4 you if you just do the right thing.

Ola 12, you are the man! KIU

1 Like

Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by mikejj(m): 5:31am On Sep 19, 2018
cheesy grin shabi if them slap you are to also give the person the other side....am i communicating

2 Likes

Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by AdaNonye: 5:34am On Sep 19, 2018
[/quote]
Now this is the only sensible post I have read on this thread.....
If your wife shouldn't slap ur mum,then ur mum shouldn't slap ur wife. Your mum should respect you enough not to slap your wife....

2 Likes

Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by chimerase2: 5:38am On Sep 19, 2018
no mata what my mum cant even do it am her character copy i cant imagine raising my hand against a female folks

2 Likes

Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by fatiuogidan: 5:39am On Sep 19, 2018
It's wrong for a mother to slap her son's wife, for me I won't accept it from my mother at all. My mum must wait for me to come back home or call me on phone and report my wife to me, I married my wife not my mom.The way I was raise and brought up is different from my wife's own. IT'S WRONG. Let called a spade a spade.

2 Likes

Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by garripack: 5:48am On Sep 19, 2018
HazzanTazzan:

The question didn't say "if she crossed her boudaries"...
Crossing her boundaries that was said by airforce1 means that the mother wouldn't do something to warrant a disrespect from the wife which will lead to the slap...

Now listen... Whether my mum is gentle or not, my wife must have disrespected her to deserve a slap and a man isn't supposed to question his mum for that action...

I'd simply apologize to my mum without asking any questions and when I'm alone with my wife, I will ask her what happened, talk to her, correct her, calm her and make her apologize to my mum even if she doesn't feel she has done a thing to deserve the slap...

I am very sure you want to get a slave

I don't think you need a wife....

Oga Oh your wife no be your pikin oòo..

No be say she(wife) retaliate to my Mama ooooo

My broda use ur sense... the bible said a Man would leave is father house and cliff to his wife...

All this Nigeria guys and mum.. mum

Oga as for me very simple..

I won't ask question... I would just beg my wife to please forgive me for being incapable...

After which... with immediate effect my Mama go pack her load to her husband house... shocked grin

Yess ooo na my wife husband...

Broda ain't joking with the bone of my bone..

Any asunder holyghost fire...

My Mama must call me after dat before coming to my house..
And I go get approval from my wife before she go come..

Oga my one Kobo

2 Likes

Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by Awoo88: 5:50am On Sep 19, 2018
Wet in happen to that girl wen slap her mother in law back on her wedding night self? Nairaland to bring story dem no go do follow up. Seun, find out what happen and tell us
Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by david22uu(m): 5:52am On Sep 19, 2018
Airforce1:
Marry this fat fool at your own peril .

The day you disrespect my mom will signal your end of days .

I will not only Unlove you , I will make sure you're seriously dealt with after which you will apologise to my mom for your misconduct.

My mom is a calm and loving woman , she no dey pass her boundary .
If she gets angry at you , thats because you've done something terribly wrong .

No man should condone a disrespectful house wife/girlfriend.

No right mum in her sense will slap her daughter in law... if it her own mum that slaps u nko

2 Likes

Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by ogundokun: 5:54am On Sep 19, 2018
chris31:
I will choose my mum over my wife any day any time
Baby husband grin

1 Like

Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by kokomaster3d: 6:00am On Sep 19, 2018
chris31:
I will choose my mum over my wife any day any time

Your wife is somebody's mum too. Respect women my friend.

2 Likes

Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by Amberon: 6:03am On Sep 19, 2018
Honestly, Nigerian MILs feel too entitled.
They should marry their sons.
1Sharon:

Is slapping someone the best way to express being disrespected? Is that civil?

1 Like

Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by Amberon: 6:05am On Sep 19, 2018
Typical foolish Nigerian alpha male.
lloyds:
Ladies of nowadays with impatience, aggression and materialism. . Hmm. Mostly shallow in thinking. .

1 Like

Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by freedomchild: 6:09am On Sep 19, 2018
As for me, I'll calm my wife down and settle the issue amicably

2 Likes

Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by Amberon: 6:15am On Sep 19, 2018
Is it your wife or mother that is the hoe?
akilo1:
This hoe just spoil her market if my mum is mad woman then u marry a mad man,your village people will be happy by the time I treat your Bleep up

1 Like

Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by Amberon: 6:16am On Sep 19, 2018
But your wife can receive slaps from your mother, right?
Elparaiso:

He's stopped being my wife's father. I no marry for their family again, make them carry their pikin.

1 Like

Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by garripack: 6:18am On Sep 19, 2018
MissRaine69:

The law allows me to defend myself ......I was attacked and I defended myself period
Dats not pretty mature... just keep quiet nd wait for d guy that married you...

Den tell it all with tears all over u...

If u shud retaliate it makes u a thug... Nd an unfit wife...

Buh if I come back nd u gist me with a sad face nd a broken spirit....

I am very sure my mother would live the house the next morning.... no explanation...

Nd I would make sure it never happens again... never nd I mean never...

U no kon marry me.. na me kon marry you...

So I won't allow anybody treat my soul mate in such manner...

Believe me if you retaliate u must apologise to my mum very well.. in short we would have problem... cause I would never retaliate to your parents no matter wat..
Imagine Me slapping your mum or dad.. e no make sense...

In conclusion I don't i can have a Wife dat would slap my mum... Nd I don't think my mum would have courage to slap my wife...

I know how much I love my mum nd how much I wud love my wife to be...

Buh no matter wating happen.. My wife would remain my wife nd my mum remain my mum..

Nd my mum must understand why she has to leave me with my life plan agenda... My Wife.. grin

3 Likes

Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by Ghnaija(m): 6:20am On Sep 19, 2018
First of all what we should always have in mind is to avert any problem that can be solved by walking away than to do something that will bring unforgettable scar in the marriage. I think there is an adage that goes like this " the elders are always right" what we should also think is this, is that the only solution? at that moment as in slapping back. Issue wey dem suppose use a day solve make e no come be say e go come be generational fight which may pass on to great great grand children and cousins dem

MissRaine69:

If I cross the line with my own mother she makes me aware and as a person with a brain I will acknowledge that I have crossed the line and make amends. She won’t slap me as that solves nothing as we have a very good relationship. Now if his mother feels offended she can tell me why does she feel it pertinent to slap me?

I will slap her back ( twice) I can assure you
Once for her slap
And second for memory’s sake
That I can promise you.
Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by usebog: 6:23am On Sep 19, 2018
If my mum slapped my wife,it is non of my concern.Dem go settle am

But other way round na DIE
Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by henrysam(m): 6:27am On Sep 19, 2018
Airforce1:

I will not only Unlove you , I will make sure you're seriously dealt with after which you will apologise to my mom for your misconduct.

Why should your mum slap your wife in the first place? How would your mum have behaved if she was slapped by your dads mum?
Kindly imagine too that your daughter who yiu adore well is slapped by her husband mum. How would you feel. I think the most important thing is to imagine things and look at the pros and cons before we push it out

2 Likes

Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by excellgraphics(m): 6:28am On Sep 19, 2018
ThatKING:
To those supporting their mother, No physical abuse in whatever manner is proper...

What will you do if your wife's Father slapped you??
this one weak me sha
Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by apotek: 6:30am On Sep 19, 2018
Airforce1:

Why don't you just marry your mum then..

2 Likes

Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by bewla(m): 6:35am On Sep 19, 2018
Alejod:
We'll said grin
C ur life u done take side already I bat u never married b4 u say u no no devil until u get wife u come bk come tell us the order side of d story
Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by Mustiboy(m): 6:40am On Sep 19, 2018
Wilfredpat22:
I know a woman two compounds away from my apartment that slapped her husband mum. The husband mum called her man (The wife husband father) that one came and ordered the wife out of his son house. The son refused, broke bottles and wanted to stab the father after a very very serious shouting and argument. People separated them.the son now locked his wife in the house. Took the key and left to his friend place.

Seriously I am afraid of getting married if I don’t have my own money. I can’t and will never be a house wife. A lazy one for that matter
not intelligible
Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by frugal(m): 6:41am On Sep 19, 2018
Nobody should slap anybody please. No matter the provocation, there should be no raising of hands.

1 Like

Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by MobilityExpress: 6:43am On Sep 19, 2018
ThatKING:
To those supporting their mother, No physical abuse in whatever manner is proper...

Take it like a man and walk away. It’s just a slap, not an execution. If you slap my mother, for whatever reason even if my mother is in the wrong, I will beat the living daylights out of you. If the marriage ends, then so be it.

1 Like

Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by Themandator: 6:45am On Sep 19, 2018
Airforce1:

I am not sure you are married to learn first hand what marriage and wife means in practical terms . The only person who doesn't need to knock your door before entering your bedroom is your wife. That woman can send you six feet and still cry over your corpse or cadever.

As for slapping , I can't imagine that scenario . My mum doesn't live with me. And she has not finished slapping her own daughters to now been on a transfer mission to iniate my wife into the acts .... That won't happen.

My mum is a patient and understanding woman. Even when my wife went to her house, she never called for once to complain of anything misconduct. She wants happiness for everyone

2 Likes

Re: Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" by Greyworld: 6:47am On Sep 19, 2018
ThatKING:

God bless you. I hope they receive it in good fate and say "Thank you sir"

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

I Love Her But She Is An Undergraduate And Poor / Pre-wedding Photos Of Nigerian Man And His Oyinbo Bride / Lady Proposes To Boyfriend In Front Of Friends, Family And Strangers In A Park

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.