Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,858 members, 7,813,925 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:40 PM

Who Died . Jesus Or His Body ?? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Died . Jesus Or His Body ?? (8132 Views)

Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? / After Jesus’ Resurrection, Was His Body Flesh Or Spirit? / Man Orders Boss To Sign Document In The Name Of Jesus Or He Dies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Died . Jesus Or His Body ?? by alBHAGDADI: 6:24am On Sep 25, 2018
doubledx9ja:

The underlined is true! Atleast from the verses below we can establish that the physical body houses the soul;

1 Corinthians 6:19

Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own;

John 2:19

"And Jesus answered them; "Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up."
Thank you jare

Don't mind those heretics
Re: Who Died . Jesus Or His Body ?? by Emusan(m): 8:03am On Sep 25, 2018
Jozzy4:

U have entered on chance, So you need to do that cover up grin grin

Soul is Body ? grin grin

If soul is body, do you now agree Soul die ?

I don't know why simple comprehension is sooooo hard for you guys.

My point there, is to show you that the content of Isa 53:11-12 supported immaterial than material which is even the reason why NWT uses LIFE...

Have tutor your brother about different meanings of Hebrew or Greek words.
Re: Who Died . Jesus Or His Body ?? by Jozzy4: 8:07am On Sep 25, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

If it is the same nephesh, then you are implying that Joshua is God because Jesus said it is only God that can destroy the Nephesh, man can only destroy the body.

That's the wrong.

Bible is wrong ? grin grin

It's Jozzy4 that wrote nephesh there abi ?

1 Like

Re: Who Died . Jesus Or His Body ?? by Jozzy4: 8:14am On Sep 25, 2018
Emusan:

I don't know why simple comprehension is sooooo hard for you guys.

grin grin Today, you will hear am

My point there, is to show you that the content of Isa 53:11-12 supported immaterial than material which is even the reason why NWT uses LIFE...

Silly, NWT uses Life because of dummies that will think soul means immaterial entity not knowing its Just life. Since Soul is life as indicated in NWT footnote pointed out previously by barrister07 . NWT stand is understandable. Meaning the Life of Jesus was lost . he became a dead soul when he died . Numbers 6:6

But you who claim Soul is Immaterial, then tell us Why The Soul dies in Isaiah 53:11,12 ? Many translation even use soul directly .

That's the question , stop running grin

Have tutor your brother about different meanings of Hebrew or Greek words.

Nephesh is Soul. NWT wrote it, KJV used it , others used it too . u are grabbing straws.

How can Jesus pour an immaterial soul to death ?

1 Like

Re: Who Died . Jesus Or His Body ?? by Emusan(m): 8:15am On Sep 25, 2018
Jozzy4:

Your Image is not You!!!

Image definition:

a representation of the external form of a person or thing in art.

Barrister , don't waste energy with this man. He have captured himself grin

The body is Just an ordinary Image/represetation of the invisible soul ( Which is the actual person).

The Op question is: Is it the actual person ( Invisible Soul ) that died or ordinary representation ?

I know you lack understand

So you took the image of my statement as just representation of something....SMH

What your invisible person looks like is what your Body will reflect, that's image I mean. Olodo!

Lastly, without the BODY you're not a PERSON in this PHYSICAL WORLD. Get that into your dull skull!

Do I need to explain this to your junior brother in primary school so that he can help me to explain it to you?
Re: Who Died . Jesus Or His Body ?? by Jozzy4: 8:17am On Sep 25, 2018
doubledx9ja:

The underlined is true! Atleast from the verses below we can establish that the physical body houses the soul;

Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own;

"And Jesus answered them; "Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up."

Hehe
If physical body house the soul

And what's the Soul ?
Re: Who Died . Jesus Or His Body ?? by Jozzy4: 8:21am On Sep 25, 2018
Emusan:

I know you lack understand

So you took the image of my statement as just representation of something....SMH

What your invisible person looks like is what your Body will reflect, that's image I mean. Olodo!

Lastly, without the BODY you're not a PERSON in this PHYSICAL WORLD.
Get that into your dull skull!

Do I need to explain this to your junior brother in primary school so that he can help me to explain it to you?

grin e no suppose pain you, but I understand that feeling.

Gbam! The invisible person you have testified is the real person .

Going by the bold, The Body is just a shell for the Actual person to live here and be seen ? Gosh grin grin

Why are u hiding and playing with words , come out from hiding
Re: Who Died . Jesus Or His Body ?? by Jozzy4: 8:28am On Sep 25, 2018
grin grin
A scientist going into space Would wear a Space suit to live and Sustain in that DIFFERENT WORLD .

But the real person is not the space suit.

So Body serves the purpose of a space suit for the invisible Soul in this physical world ? grin grin grin

When they come back to Earth , the actual person removes it.

Emusan also said after leaving the physical world, the Soul becomes the Actual person.

I can't laugh o. It aff been exposed

Cc : Barristter07 , alBHAGDADI

Did Jesus died or his Space suit ? grin grin grin

Lolzzz
Re: Who Died . Jesus Or His Body ?? by Emusan(m): 8:42am On Sep 25, 2018
Jozzy4:

grin grin Today, you will hear am

Silly, NWT uses Life because of dummies that will think soul means immaterial entity not knowing its Just life. Since Soul is life as indicated in NWT footnote pointed out previously by barrister07 . NWT stand is understandable. Meaning the Life of Jesus was lost . he became a dead soul when he died . Numbers 6:6

But you who claim Soul is Immaterial, then tell us Why The Soul dies in Isaiah 53:11,12 ? Many translation even use soul directly .

That's the question , stop running grin

Nephesh is Soul. NWT wrote it, KJV used it , others used it too . u are grabbing straws.

How can Jesus pour an immaterial soul to death ?

Let me help you with this because I know your understanding is far below.

Barnes Commentary: Because he hath poured out his soul unto death - His triumphs would be an appropriate reward for his sufferings, his death, and his intercession. The expression 'he poured out his soul,' or his life ( נפשׁו napeshô; see the notes at Isaiah 53:10 ), is derived from the fact that the life was supposed to reside in the blood (see the notes at Romans 3:25 ); and that when the blood was poured out, the life was supposed to flow forth with it. As a reward for his having thus laid down his life, he would extend his triumphs over the whole world, and subdue the most mighty to himself.

Jemieson-fassuet Commentary: poured out … soul—that is, His life, which was considered as residing in the blood (Le 17:11; Ro 3:25).

Matthew Poole's Commentary: Because he hath poured out his soul unto death; because he willingly laid down his life in obedience to God’s command, John 10:17 ,18 , and in order to the redemption of mankind. Death is here called a pouring out of the soul, or life , either because the soul or life, which in living men is contained in the body, is turned out of the body by death; or to signify the manner of Christ’s death, that it should be with the shedding of his blood, in which the life of man consists, Leviticus 17:11 ,14 .

Cambridge Bible for Schools and Colleges: because he poured out (omit “hath” with R.V.) his soul ] his blood, which is the seat of life; Leviticus 17:11 . For the expression cf.
Psalm 141:8[/b]

Only a biased person wouldn't see the point I'm diving into here...

The content of Isaiah 53 wasn't about the material (physical body) but immaterial that's why even NWT can use LIFE...

I challenge you to give me a scholar who explain Isaiah 53 as a physical body.
Re: Who Died . Jesus Or His Body ?? by Jozzy4: 8:51am On Sep 25, 2018
Emusan:

Let me help you with this because I know your understanding is far below.

Barnes Commentary: Because he hath poured out his soul unto death - His triumphs would be an appropriate reward for his sufferings, his death, and his intercession. The expression 'he poured out his soul,' or his life ( נפשׁו napeshô; see the notes at Isaiah 53:10 ), is derived from the fact that the life was supposed to reside in the blood (see the notes at Romans 3:25 ); and that when the blood was poured out, the life was supposed to flow forth with it. As a reward for his having thus laid down his life, he would extend his triumphs over the whole world, and subdue the most mighty to himself.

Jemieson-fassuet Commentary: poured out … soul—that is, His life, which was considered as residing in the blood (Le 17:11; Ro 3:25).

Matthew Poole's Commentary: Because he hath poured out his soul unto death; because he willingly laid down his life in obedience to God’s command, John 10:17 ,18 , and in order to the redemption of mankind. Death is here called a pouring out of the soul, or life , either because the soul or life, which in living men is contained in the body, is turned out of the body by death; or to signify the manner of Christ’s death, that it should be with the shedding of his blood, in which the life of man consists, Leviticus 17:11 ,14 .

Cambridge Bible for Schools and Colleges: because he poured out (omit “hath” with R.V.) his soul ] his blood, which is the seat of life; Leviticus 17:11 . For the expression cf.
Psalm 141:8[/b]

Only a biased person wouldn't see the point I'm diving into here...

The content of Isaiah 53 wasn't about the material (physical body) but immaterial that's why even NWT can use LIFE...

I challenge you to give me a scholar who explain Isaiah 53 as a physical body.

Its you who your understanding is Low, Soul in the Bible is material , So I have no problem with the commentaries.

But only a dubious person would claim Soul of Jesus is his life ( Blood ) , and won't apply to man .... Do you now accept Soul of man is associated with his Blood ? Not immaterial entity in Nollywood movies
Re: Who Died . Jesus Or His Body ?? by Emusan(m): 9:10am On Sep 25, 2018
Jozzy4:
grin grin
A scientist going into space Would wear a Space suit to live and Sustain in that DIFFERENT WORLD .

But the real person is not the space suit.

So Body serves the purpose of a space suit for the invisible Soul in this physical world ? grin grin grin

When they come back to Earth , the actual person removes it.

Emusan also said after leaving the physical world, the Soul becomes the Actual person.

I can't laugh o. It aff been exposed

Cc : Barristter07 , alBHAGDADI

Did Jesus died or his Space suit ? grin grin grin

Lolzzz

Now let me seal up this so that you will know how confused you people are.

I like this your analogy and how it exposes your ignorance about the subject matter.

Let reason along these factors:
1. our world here where the astronaut lives before is considered as the spiritual realm.
2. Space is another world like physical world, and people living there totally different from our world.
3. To us this astronaut is a person.
4. To people in space the astronaut isn't one of them and invisible.
5. For the astronaut to be seen as one of them and visible, he must PUT ON THE SPACE SUIT.

Here lies the key point:
The space suit isn't just a house to people in space BUT the as ONE OF THEM (ACTUAL PERSON - both what covered by the suit and the suit made up one person to them not two) because without the suit the person isn't part of them.

Let's assuming the man put off his space suit in space.
1. since without the suit, the astronaut can neither be seen nor known as one of them, then to them the person they know has died.
2. Whereas, there still something that lives under the suit.

You can see how your own analogy exposed you.
Re: Who Died . Jesus Or His Body ?? by Emusan(m): 9:29am On Sep 25, 2018
Jozzy4:

Its you who your understanding is Low, Soul in the Bible is material , So I have no problem with the commentaries.

But only a dubious person would claim Soul of Jesus is his life ( Blood ) , and won't apply to man .... Do you now accept Soul of man is associated with his Blood ? Not immaterial entity in Nollywood movies

You have a very shallow reasoning.

I have said that Hebrew word has different meanings

Yet you couldn't grab my point about that Isaiah 53

My point is the content of Isaiah wasn't about the physical body rather is about something immaterial.

It's your brother who is claiming that it's talking about BODY since to him Soul=Body

But the commentaries supported my point that the content isn't about just BODY which you have no problem with.

You said "SOUL in the Bible is material" but is LIFE material or not? Don't dodge this question.
Re: Who Died . Jesus Or His Body ?? by Jozzy4: 2:50pm On Sep 25, 2018
Emusan:

You have a very shallow reasoning.

I have said that Hebrew word has different meanings

Yet you couldn't grab my point about that Isaiah 53

My point is the content of Isaiah wasn't about the physical body rather is about something immaterial.
See the dubious person that quoted commentaries saying it refers to the shedding of his blood . ( Soul/Life is in blood )

Grabbing straws, Something immaterial like Blood ? grin

It's your brother who is claiming that it's talking about BODY since to him Soul=Body

But the commentaries supported my point that the content isn't about just BODY which you have no problem with.

No, they didn't support you that soul in that verse is immaterial, they said it refers to the shedding of his blood . grin grin

What's immaterial about the blood ?

You said "SOUL in the Bible is material" but is LIFE material or not? Don't dodge this question.

Soul is synonymous to life olodo grin

life meaning:

Existence of an animal or human being

E.g 70 lives were lost in the flood.

Too shallow person
Re: Who Died . Jesus Or His Body ?? by MightySparrow: 4:08pm On Sep 25, 2018
Where comes in the spirit?
Re: Who Died . Jesus Or His Body ?? by OneJ: 6:26pm On Sep 25, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
Always trying to sound intelligent by quoting Greek and Hebrew words and also the dictionary.

So if I say both you and your friend, it means you are your friend and your friend is you? As long as there is an and, there will always be a distinction. Body can be destroyed by man who cannot destroy the soul. Only can can destroy both.

That verse in Mark 8 is speaking about gaining the world while still alive. When you sell your soul to Satan, you don't immediately die. You just go on living but denying Jesus and being a tool of Satan who can make you do horrible things. Those horrible things you must do because you are now his slave, and have no right over your life. Hence you have lost your soul/life all in a bid to save it.

If you had read the verse from the proceeding one, you would have understood what Jesus was talking about.

Mark 8:35-38
For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel's, the same shall save it.
For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?
Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?
Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.

"So if I say you and your friend , it means you are your friend and your friend is you? "

U are very confused.
U now resort to twist & distort what the dictionary is saying.

Both ,adverb (definition)
The word 'both' is "Used before the first two alternatives to emphasize that THE STATEMENT APPLIES TO EACH OTHER ( the other alternative being introduced by 'and')."

U & your friend are alike because of mutual bond & similar interests between both of U.
This means that what applied to U, also applied to your friend.
In the context of Matt10:28 "Who KILL ('put an end to ') the body".
"Be afraid of the One who can DESTROY ( 'end the existence of ) both body and soul".

No dull yourself, what applied to body, applied to soul too.

The definitions of 'KILL' (put an end to something') and. 'DESTROY' (end the existence of something') has exposed U & messed up your lies.
dictionary.cambridge.org

Kill is synonymous with destroy, likewise soul is synonymous with body. What applied to one, applied to the other.
In conclusion, the soul is mortal.
Re: Who Died . Jesus Or His Body ?? by OneJ: 6:57pm On Sep 25, 2018
[quote author=doubledx9ja post=71501438]
Re: Who Died . Jesus Or His Body ?? by OneJ: 6:58pm On Sep 25, 2018
doubledx9ja:

" Your body is the temple of the Holy spirit who is in you" .
So , the holy spirit is in you ", U done change am to soul.... Holy spirit na your soul now.. Oturu gbeke !!! Kweke !!!!!!!
Odi kwa risky. Lol.
Re: Who Died . Jesus Or His Body ?? by alBHAGDADI: 8:24pm On Sep 25, 2018
OneJ:

"So if I say you and your friend , it means you are your friend and your friend is you? "

U are very confused.
U now resort to twist & distort what the dictionary is saying.

Both ,adverb (definition)
The word 'both' is "Used before the first two alternatives to emphasize that THE STATEMENT APPLIES TO EACH OTHER ( the other alternative being introduced by 'and')."

U & your friend are alike because of mutual bond & similar interests between both of U.
This means that what applied to U, also applied to your friend.
In the context of Matt10:28 "Who KILL ('put an end to ') the body".
"Be afraid of the One who can DESTROY ( 'end the existence of ) both body and soul".

No dull yourself, what applied to body, applied to soul too.

The definitions of 'KILL' (put an end to something') and. 'DESTROY' (end the existence of something') has exposed U & messed up your lies.
dictionary.cambridge.org

Kill is synonymous with destroy, likewise soul is synonymous with body. What applied to one, applied to the other.
In conclusion, the soul is mortal.
You are funny. grin

You said what applies to me applies to my friend. But does that mean me and my friend are the same person? Isn't there a distinction?

Same thing when Jesus spoke of body and soul. It shows they are not just one thing, or else he was just wasting saliva mentioning them in such a manner that makes it seem like they are different.

You said the soul is mortal, then why would God step in to destroy something after man has killed its body? If soul is the body and the body is the soul, wouldn't that mean that murderer has already killed that entire being when he kills a person? What is God killing again?

Let man be a liar. JW is a liar.
Re: Who Died . Jesus Or His Body ?? by alBHAGDADI: 8:28pm On Sep 25, 2018
OneJ:

" Your body is the temple of the Holy spirit who is in you" .
So , the holy spirit is in you ", U done change am to soul.... Holy spirit na your soul now.. Oturu gbeke !!! Kweke !!!!!!!
Odi kwa risky. Lol.

What kind of lame answer is this?

He just showed you that the body is a temple which can house the Holy Spirit.

The Bible even shows that the body and spirit are different things.

1 Corinthians 6:19-20 King James Version (KJV)
What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.
Re: Who Died . Jesus Or His Body ?? by Jozzy4: 8:47pm On Sep 25, 2018
Emusan:

Now let me seal up this so that you will know how confused you people are.

Come and rant as usual . You are choked already

I like this your analogy and how it exposes your ignorance about the subject matter.

Let reason along these factors:
1. our world here where the astronaut lives before is considered as the spiritual realm.
2. Space is another world like physical world, and people living there totally different from our world.
3. To us this astronaut is a person.
4. To people in space the astronaut isn't one of them and invisible.
5. For the astronaut to be seen as one of them and visible, he must PUT ON THE SPACE SUIT.

Laughter oooo .

SEEN as ONE of them is irrelevant oooo

Either he is seen as one of them or not. it doesn't change the fact that the astronaut is the Person . HE ONLY put on a Space suit.

So Jesus just PUT on a body ? grin grin

Here lies the key point:
The space suit isn't just a house to people in space BUT the as ONE OF THEM (ACTUAL PERSON - both what covered by the suit and the suit made up one person to them not two) because without the suit the person isn't part of them.

Olodo. They are well knowledgeable to know the space suit is an ordinary attire . The real person is beneath.

Let's assuming the man put off his space suit in space.
1. since without the suit, the astronaut can neither be seen nor known as one of them, then to them the person they know has died.

Who died. The space suit or the person beneath it ?

U are just throwing stones in your own net. This is only logical if what is beneath dies .

2. Whereas, there still something that lives under the suit.

You can see how your own analogy exposed you.

Does that person beneath the suit dies when the suit is removed ? Yes!

Logically, Jesus should die. Not survive what he pit on . or else ordinary space suit dies .
Re: Who Died . Jesus Or His Body ?? by Peacefullove: 8:53pm On Sep 25, 2018
Barristter07:
https://www.compellingtruth.org/amp/human-soul.html says about Soul

"The human soul is eternal and imperishable, and every human soul will be somewhere for eternity. This is a sobering thought— every person you have ever met is a soul, living in a body, and that soul will last forever. "

Gotquestion, another popular website says regarding the soul

" The human soul is central to the personhood of a human being. As George MacDonald said, “You don’t have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.”

https://www.gotquestions.org/amp/human-soul.html

From the definitions above, The human soul is the Person . as compelling truth analyses You are only " living in a body "

Using this context for this discussion:

We have established that the Person is the soul , the Body is an ordinary home of that Person [ Soul ] , therefore the body Is not the person just the home where the Soul [Person ] lives

If the above postulations are Correct, Can you prove that the person called Jesus Died for your sins ? Or ordinary body ?

Cc : AlBHAGDADI , vocnewsblog , suregallove , Emusan , premiumwriter , OneJ , Tatime , dreality , charliboy654 , firebomber , Truthhurts100 , Jesse01

Wow
Re: Who Died . Jesus Or His Body ?? by Godssword1(m): 9:05pm On Sep 25, 2018
Get thousands of free Christian Ebooks in our Telegram group. Join here: https:///ibloggospel
Re: Who Died . Jesus Or His Body ?? by Emusan(m): 9:13pm On Sep 25, 2018
Jozzy4:

See the dubious person that quoted commentaries saying it refers to the shedding of his blood . ( Soul/Life is in blood )

Grabbing straws, Something immaterial like Blood ? grin

So after reading all those commentaries you couldn't grab their messages. This really shows that your dullness is beyond redemption.

those commentaries pointed it out plainly that "the life IS IN the Blood not that Blood is the LIFE"

So even after you could say SOUL/LIFE is in the Blood you can still went further to ask "something immaterial like BLOOD?"

No, they didn't support you that soul in that verse is immaterial, they said it refers to the shedding of his blood . grin grin

What's immaterial about the blood ?

Soul is synonymous to life olodo grin

It has gotten to stage you finally displayed the most ridiculous part of your dull brain.

They said "LIFE IN THE BLOOD" even reference to Lev 17:11

Now you have changed it to shedding of the blood...the devil really not at sleep over you.

Is life a material thing?

life meaning:

Existence of an animal or human being

E.g 70 lives were lost in the flood.

Too shallow person

So is life a material thing?

So what is the different between LIFE AND LIFE FORCE

Confused JWs
Re: Who Died . Jesus Or His Body ?? by Emusan(m): 9:41pm On Sep 25, 2018
Jozzy4:
Come and rant as usual . You are choked already

Says the most dullest who couldn't comprehend what won't take ordinary primary 1 pupils to understand.

Laughter oooo .

SEEN as ONE of them is irrelevant oooo

Either he is seen as one of them or not. it doesn't change the fact that the astronaut is the Person . HE ONLY put on a Space suit.

You dullness is irritating no be small.
-The astronaut is a person in the spirit realm
-The astronaut WITH THE SPACE SUIT is a person in the physical realm.
-Once the SPACE SUIT is gone the physical person is died leaving the spirit realm.

How long is it going to take you to grab this simple statement

So Jesus just PUT on a body ? grin grin

And the body He put on made Him A PERSON/HUMAN BEING on earth without the BODY HE CAN NEVER BE CALLED Human/Person

How did you pass your English language in school?

Olodo. They are well knowledgeable to know the space suit is an ordinary attire . The real person is beneath.

The real Olodo calling someone Olodo.
But without the space suit nothing like HUMAN
Just like God is a spirit but when He visited Abraham what about saw was THREE MEN

Who died. The space suit or the person beneath it?

U are just throwing stones in your own net. This is only logical if what is beneath dies .

Does that person beneath the suit dies when the suit is removed ? Yes!

Logically, Jesus should die. Not survive what he pit on . or else ordinary space suit dies

What is beneath has nothing associated with the physical world the only person has something common with the physical world is the body.

The BODY IS THE REAL PERSON IN THE PHYSICAL WORLD without the body the person of soul in spirit realm can never be regarded as a PERSON IN THE PHYSICAL WORLD. Immediately the soul leaves the BODY THE PERSON KNOWS in the PHYSICAL WORLD is DEAD.

I know you won't still understand!
Re: Who Died . Jesus Or His Body ?? by Peacefullove: 9:43pm On Sep 25, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

Mathew 10:28

And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
Shut up there ! A guy on this thread asked if you believe the highlighted part , you ridiculously claim after ressurection. And he asked you again , Where are those People before ressurection ? You have failed to respond. Now claiming know it all here . I love his question, what ya say ?
Re: Who Died . Jesus Or His Body ?? by alBHAGDADI: 9:49pm On Sep 25, 2018
Peacefullove:

Shut up there ! A guy on this thread asked if you believe the highlighted part , you ridiculously claim after ressurection. And he asked you again , Where are those People before ressurection ? You have failed to respond. Now claiming know it all here . I love his question, what ya say ?
Are you sure you quoted the right person?
Re: Who Died . Jesus Or His Body ?? by Peacefullove: 9:52pm On Sep 25, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
Are you sure you quoted the right person?

I do .

What ya say ?
Re: Who Died . Jesus Or His Body ?? by OneJ: 9:54pm On Sep 25, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
You are funny. grin

You said what applies to me applies to my friend. But does that mean me and my friend are the same person? Isn't there a distinction?

Same thing when Jesus spoke of body and soul. It shows they are not just one thing, or else he was just wasting saliva mentioning them in such a manner that makes it seem like they are different.

You said the soul is mortal, then why would God step in to destroy something after man has killed its body? If soul is the body and the body is the soul, wouldn't that mean that murderer has already killed that entire being when he kills a person? What is God killing again?

Let man be a liar. JW is a liar.

Has God ever destroyed any soul or souls at any time ? Pls reply.
Re: Who Died . Jesus Or His Body ?? by Peacefullove: 9:56pm On Sep 25, 2018
Emusan:

This is the actual part I want to address because here is your mistake, you added your own assumption where the writer didn't.

From the above two link you provided I came with this part that either you deliberately ignored or couldn't understand.

compellingthetruth.org "The human soul is that part of a person that is eternal —the part that lives on after the body dies and decays."

gotquestions.org "Simply stated, the human soul is the part of a person that is not physical."

What was your own assumption? You assumed that THE PERSON is mainly the SOUL whereas both articles established that the SOUL is PART of that person.

NOTE: Emphasis must be placed here, the only condition SOUL can be also referred to as PERSON is after DEATH where the SOUL is now the actual person in the SPIRIT REALM.

You got it wrong when you think people only refer to soul as person including when the person is still alive.

gotquewtions.org said this "The human soul is central to the personhood of a human being.

To your question, Jesus person died for our sin by giving His BODY!

Now my question, if SOUL is just the person, why did Bible never use the word SOUL for Jesus sacrifice?

Did I just read that part of a person that is ETERNAL ?

^^ it exist before birth ?

Analyse please .
Re: Who Died . Jesus Or His Body ?? by alBHAGDADI: 9:57pm On Sep 25, 2018
OneJ:

Has God ever destroyed any soul or souls at any time ? Pls reply.
Go and ask God.
Re: Who Died . Jesus Or His Body ?? by Peacefullove: 9:58pm On Sep 25, 2018
sonmvayina:
Little by little people are researching and asking questions.. Sooner or later the scam will be laid bare.. Christianity can not survive the next 25 years in Nigeria.. And even the world..

Our dark age will soon end.. That I am 100% sure of.

The dark age is ending

1 Like

Re: Who Died . Jesus Or His Body ?? by Peacefullove: 10:00pm On Sep 25, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
Go and ask God.

I called your attention to a question.

Waiting for your reply.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ask Any Question About Jehovah's Witnesses Here / What Would You Do If You Missed The Rapture? / Who is most popular Priest in your Area?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.