Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,845 members, 7,813,856 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:55 PM

Who Died . Jesus Or His Body ?? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Died . Jesus Or His Body ?? (8130 Views)

Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? / After Jesus’ Resurrection, Was His Body Flesh Or Spirit? / Man Orders Boss To Sign Document In The Name Of Jesus Or He Dies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Died . Jesus Or His Body ?? by bloodofthelamb(m): 7:27am On Sep 29, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
Don't mind those clowns.

I am the LORD, that is My name; My glory I give to no other, nor My praise to idols ( Isaiah 42:8 ).

Because they saw angel written. in a sentence, they now lumped everything to mean angels.

Men saw God in the old testament. Since, Jesus said no one has seen God the Father who dwells in an unapproachable light. It is only ovious that who they saw was the Son, who is also God.

JW will not accept it. Because accepting it means abandoning the lies they have been fed all this while.
Re: Who Died . Jesus Or His Body ?? by xaggar(m): 11:08am On Sep 29, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

Men saw God in the old testament. Since, Jesus said no one has seen God the Father who dwells in an unapproachable light. It is only ovious that who they saw was the Son, who is also God.

JW will not accept it. Because accepting it means abandoning the lies they have been fed all this while.

Liar! (At the bolded). So you trying to say the biblical statements below are wrong or half-truths?

John 1:18 King James Version (KJV)
18 No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

Exodus 33:18 King James Version (KJV)
18 And he said, I beseech thee, shew me thy glory.

19 And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the Lord before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy.

20 And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.

Issue is: from your stance the Bible seem to contradict itself. But upon a closer look at it (the scriptures), it tell us that they were "the ANGELS OF THE LORD".
In English that statement means they were angels sent or from the LORD.

And the Israelites thought they were seeing God. Moreover these Angels were His spokespersons. Much like we have today in Ministers of Information and P.R.O's.

1 Like

Re: Who Died . Jesus Or His Body ?? by Horus(m): 2:43pm On Sep 29, 2018
Where are the bones of Jesus?
Re: Who Died . Jesus Or His Body ?? by OneJ: 4:25pm On Sep 29, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

Hhmmmm. !!!!!!!

Jesus said " No one has ever seen God" John 1:18. .
"No one has seen the Father" John 4:46.

That is, Jesus means that he is not God himself neither is he the Father.

Apostle John agreed. 1st John 4:12

Why U dey lie against Jesus & Jehovah the only true God ?.

Hagar called the angel who spoke to her as 'the God who see's me', is she saying it's God himself she had spoken with? No . Gen 16:7-13.
Most persons we meet during our house to house ministry, often called us 'Jehovah'. Does that mean that we are Jehovah himself ? No.

1 Like

Re: Who Died . Jesus Or His Body ?? by bloodofthelamb(m): 5:39pm On Sep 29, 2018
OneJ:

Hhmmmm. !!!!!!!

Hagar called the angel who spoke to her as 'the God who see's me', is she saying it's God himself she had spoken with? No . Gen 16:7-13.
Most persons we meet during our house to house ministry, often called us 'Jehovah'. Does that mean that we are Jehovah himself ? No.
Re: Who Died . Jesus Or His Body ?? by bloodofthelamb(m): 5:48pm On Sep 29, 2018
OneJ:

Hhmmmm. !!!!!!!

alBHAGDADI, has given enough prove with his quotes on this. It is pointless agueing with you guys. Jw has decided to be blind to the truth.

But with Christ Jesus all things are possible.
Re: Who Died . Jesus Or His Body ?? by OneJ: 10:33pm On Sep 29, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

alBHAGDADI, has given enough prove with his quotes on this. It is pointless agueing with you guys. Jw has decided to be blind to the truth.

But with Christ Jesus all things are possible.

Jehovah God himself has NEVER taken on human form & be seen by men.

"NO ONE HAS EVER SEEN THE FATHER EXCEPT THE ONE WHO IS FROM GOD,ONLY HE (Jesus) HAS SEEN THE FATHER"
John 6:46.

Una done finally confess say Jesus appeared as an angel on earth in the OT.

U & your crew keep confusing yourselves, at anytime God himself has never be seen by men.

Stop the blasphemy & falsehood.

1 Like

Re: Who Died . Jesus Or His Body ?? by alBHAGDADI: 5:49am On Sep 30, 2018
OneJ:

Jehovah God himself has NEVER taken on human form & be seen by men.

"NO ONE HAS EVER SEEN THE FATHER EXCEPT THE ONE WHO IS FROM GOD,ONLY HE (Jesus) HAS SEEN THE FATHER"
John 6:46.

Una done finally confess say Jesus appeared as an angel on earth in the OT.

U & your crew keep confusing yourselves, at anytime God himself has never be seen by men.

Stop the blasphemy & falsehood.
Keep quite.

Nowhere did anyone say Jesus came as an angel to earth. It is only Jehovah witnesses that believe he was formerly an angel thatvare going about making such claim.

How will you believe God came in flesh when you reject Jesus Christ is God? You reject every John chapter 1 says about God coming in flesh. If you've seen Jesus, you've seen the Father whom he's the image of.
Re: Who Died . Jesus Or His Body ?? by Nobody: 7:22am On Sep 30, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

When you're passing a comment,please ask questions to draw out what's in other people's minds,you need not conclude for them until you're damn sure of what they had in mind. Of course Jesus is the God all the Prophets knew from the beginning till when the Almighty spoke directly confirming Jesus as HIS son. Jesus started "acting as God" immediately after the event in the garden of Eden, Almighty God drove Adam and Eve away from HIS sight so from then till the day of Pentecost the Almighty had no direct dealing with sinful humans. But during all that time that Jesus was "acting as God" He was actually a representative of someone greater than Him. So Jesus "WAS God" according to John's record(John1:1) could mean He (Jesus) has been the one your forefathers knew not the Almighty. Jesus was speaking as if it's Jehovah since everything was created by Him and for Him(Proverbs 8:22-30 compared to Colossians 1:15-17)so He took it upon Himself to redeem US back to His Heavenly Father.(John 20:17) But after His ascension to heaven, He presented the sacrifice before JEHOVAH so that mankind could be connected to His father again(Hebrew 9:12) that's why His father began choosing corulers for Him ONLY amongst those who have agreed to always remain obedient to Jesus Christ. Matthew 20:23 Notice that at Revelations 14:1 His name and His father's name were written on their foreheads, this means those who are to rule with Jesus must first display unwavering faith in Jesus before JEHOVAH will seal them.John 17:3 Please you're free to ask further questions regarding this but remember Christians aren't supposed to argue BITTERLY we're only for healthful debates that's beneficial. 1Peter 3:15
Re: Who Died . Jesus Or His Body ?? by OneJ: 9:20am On Sep 30, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
Keep quite.

Nowhere did anyone say Jesus came as an angel to earth. It is only Jehovah witnesses that believe he was formerly an angel thatvare going about making such claim.

How will you believe God came in flesh when you reject Jesus Christ is God? You reject every John chapter 1 says about God coming in flesh. If you've seen Jesus, you've seen the Father whom he's the image of.

SERIAL LIAR.

1 Like

Re: Who Died . Jesus Or His Body ?? by alBHAGDADI: 9:33am On Sep 30, 2018
OneJ:

SERIAL LIAR.
In your confusion, you couldn't see that I stated that one of the three men seen by Abraham was Jesus. You just rushed to get a screenshot.

The other two men were identify as angels while One was identified as LORD
Re: Who Died . Jesus Or His Body ?? by OneJ: 9:49am On Sep 30, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
There is a phrase there "the angel of the Lord" which confuses them. Their Jehivahs witness bible translates it as Jehovah's angel, meaning An angel of God.

They don't know that whenever we see the phrase "the angel of God", it is speaking of God's presence.

Please scroll to see a lengthy post which explains it better.

I am the LORD, that is My name; My glory I give to no other, nor My praise to idols ( Isaiah 42:8 ).

Going by your claims, likewise man of God means it is God himself speaking.

Just because U wanna lie, U go twist am.

U no dey understand English ? "of" means belonging to something/some one , (Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary).
"Angel of God" meaning belonging to God or Jehovah's angel belongs to Jehovah God.

In other words, the angel belonging to Jehovah God is a representing God who sent him on that mission.
Similar to Arsenal FC of England meaning they're representing England in the Europa League or Champions League

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Died . Jesus Or His Body ?? by OneJ: 10:40am On Sep 30, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
In your confusion, you couldn't see that I stated that one of the three men seen by Abraham was Jesus. You just rushed to get a screenshot.

The Preface in your Bible states that 'LORD' stands for the Tetragramaton (YHWH) ,Yahweh /Jehovah ,it's not Jesus Christ.
In effect, your claim is tantamount to saying that God's word "You CAN NOT see my face, no one must see my face" (Exodus 33:20-23) is a lie..

When U are sent on a mission, it's obvious to all & sundry that U're bearing the name of the One who sent U & speaking for Him (the Boss). Even Abraham knows that..

The angel can not say "it's anything too hard for me" ? Mbanu !!

He belongs to the One who sent him.
Therefore, the angel rightly said : Is anything too hard for the LORD (Jehovah)?".

Hagar called the angel 'God', she is correct. Jehovah says his creatures are "Gods".
One angel is a God. Gen 16:7-13. Ps82:1,6. Angels are not the Almighty God ,Jehovah, neither is Jesus. Matt 16:13-17

1 Like

Re: Who Died . Jesus Or His Body ?? by alBHAGDADI: 10:58am On Sep 30, 2018
OneJ:

Going by your claims, likewise man of God means it is God himself speaking.

Just because U wanna lie, U go twist am.

U no dey understand English ? "of" means belonging to something/some one , (Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary).
"Angel of God" meaning belonging to God or Jehovah's angel belongs to Jehovah God.

In other words, the angel belonging to Jehovah God is a representing God who sent him on that mission.
Similar to Arsenal FC of England meaning they're representing England in the Europa League or Champions League

Stop using lay man's way to explain spiritual things. That phrase is always accompanied with claims only God can make. God has said He will not share His glory. What you are saying in essence is that He shared His glory with angels. That is wrong.
Re: Who Died . Jesus Or His Body ?? by alBHAGDADI: 11:07am On Sep 30, 2018
OneJ:

The Preface in your Bible states that 'LORD' stands for the Tetragramaton (YHWH) ,Yahweh /Jehovah ,it's not Jesus Christ.
In effect, your claim is tantamount to saying that God's word "You CAN NOT see my face, no one must see my face" (Exodus 33:20-23) is a lie..

When U are sent on a mission, it's obvious to all & sundry that U're bearing the name of the One who sent U & speaking for Him (the Boss). Even Abraham knows that..

The angel can not say "it's anything too hard for me" ? Mbanu !!

He belongs to the One who sent him.
Therefore, the angel rightly said : Is anything too hard for the LORD (Jehovah)?".

Hagar called the angel 'God', she is correct. Jehovah says his creatures are "Gods".
One angel is a God. Gen 16:7-13. Ps82:1,6. Angels are not the Almighty God ,Jehovah, neither is Jesus. Matt 16:13-17
That Being never spoke as a third party. No o e would believe if a third party is making a promise on behalf of the one to fulfil it.

The Being was addressed as Jehovah all through. You can't take a phrase like "is anything too hard for Jehovah" and say it shows he was dissociating himself from Jehovah. Anybody can talk like that. The verse below shatters your point. According to you, it would have been "And the Lord said, "Shall the LORD hide from Abraham... "

Genesis 18:17

And the LORD said, Shall I hide from Abraham that thing which I do;
Re: Who Died . Jesus Or His Body ?? by OneJ: 5:23pm On Sep 30, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
That Being never spoke as a third party. No o e would believe if a third party is making a promise on behalf of the one to fulfil it.

The Being was addressed as Jehovah all through. You can't take a phrase like "is anything too hard for Jehovah" and say it shows he was dissociating himself from Jehovah. Anybody can talk like that. The verse below shatters your point. According to you, it would have been "And the Lord said, "Shall the LORD hide from Abraham... "

Genesis 18:17

And the LORD said, Shall I hide from Abraham that thing which I do;

Note that the men (angels) were still with Abraham when that promise in v14 was made. An angel stood in for God .Not God himself,else Exodus 33:20,23 is a lie. (Pls read & digest. Jgs 6:11-22. Hebrew 13:1,2).

Gen 18:17-19, wasn't a speech to Abraham . Rather, it was a soliloquy of God's thoughts & plans for Abraham. (Read v17-19 well well ).

Gen 18: 20,21 "Then the LORD (Jehovah) said,: I will go down & see..." (in heaven HE "sits enthroned on high,who stoops to look on the heavens & earth.. to observe the sons of men" Ps 113:5,6. 11:4. Josh2:11.)
Re: Who Died . Jesus Or His Body ?? by OneJ: 5:30pm On Sep 30, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
Stop using lay man's way to explain spiritual things. That phrase is always accompanied with claims only God can make. God has said He will not share His glory. What you are saying in essence is that He shared His glory with angels. That is wrong.

"Angel of God" is not the meaning U are giving to it.
I have never by any stretch of the imagination implied that God "shared His glory"
Re: Who Died . Jesus Or His Body ?? by Primesky(m): 7:24pm On Sep 30, 2018
OneJ:

"Nephesh> a soul, living being, life, self , person, desire, passion, appetite, emotion".

Where U see ghost there ?

"KJV translates Strong's H5315 (Nephesh) as follows : Soul, life, person, mind,heart, creature, BODY,himself, yourselves,, DEAD, will, desire, man "

Source :blueletterbible.org

Soul is synonymous with the BODY,
Soul is synonymous with the DEAD.

Your kJV Bible say soul is DEAD, die.
Lol.
Receive sense.
Case closed.

cc: muttleylaff, alBHAGDADI ,Primesky,Anas09, solite3, damosky,hakmah,martinez19

I totally disagree with you!.

Discipher this statement by Jesus Christ in Mark 8:36 For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?

Just use your primary school sense and objectively look at that verse. Do not twist the meaning, you will see the truth and answer, if only you will be honest.

How else can a man not lose his soul, if it is only the body like you said, do we all not die and rot away?.

The address by Jesus Christ clearly suggest that the personality of man called soul is unique and distinct though being a part of the man.

May God open your understanding.

1 Like

Re: Who Died . Jesus Or His Body ?? by MuttleyLaff: 7:56pm On Sep 30, 2018
OneJ:
"Nephesh> a soul, living being, life, self , person, desire, passion, appetite, emotion".

Where U see ghost there ?

"KJV translates Strong's H5315 (Nephesh) as follows: Soul, life, person, mind, heart, creature, BODY, himself, yourselves,, DEAD, will, desire, man "

Source :blueletterbible.org

Soul is synonymous with the BODY,
Soul is synonymous with the DEAD.

Your kJV Bible say soul is DEAD, die.
Lol.
Receive sense.
Case closed

Primesky:
I totally disagree with you!.

Discipher this statement by Jesus Christ in Mark 8:36
For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?

Just use your primary school sense and objectively look at that verse.
Do not twist the meaning, you will see the truth and answer, if only you will be honest.

How else can a man not lose his soul, if it is only the body like you said, do we all not die and rot away?.

The address by Jesus Christ clearly suggest that the personality of man called soul is unique and distinct though being a part of the man.

May God open your understanding.
"And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul:
but rather fear Him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
"
- Matthew 10:28

I agree without demur with Primesky on this

1 Like

Re: Who Died . Jesus Or His Body ?? by Barristter07: 4:27pm On Oct 01, 2018
Peacefullove:

Your Bible said the soul that sinneth, shall ?

" the physical image is gone "

Have you seen a snake shed its dead skin before ? That skin is not the snake itself . the death of that skin does not in any way affect the snake , its gone but the snake lives

Where did you get this idea of invisible Soul from ?

Good question .

1 Like

Re: Who Died . Jesus Or His Body ?? by Barristter07: 4:30pm On Oct 01, 2018
Jozzy4:

Confused person.

The life or soul of any flesh is in the blood . hahahahaha

So lions , Leopard, Gorilla, Chicken , Sheep , Birds and other animals with blood have an invisible Soul ?

This guy is totally confused grin cc OneJ , Barrister07

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Who Died . Jesus Or His Body ?? by Barristter07: 4:33pm On Oct 01, 2018
Jozzy4:

grin grin grin

To defend your useless stand that Isaiah 53 is about something immaterial , you quickly run to commentaries and they quote Leviticus 17:11 , Silly you.

Leviticus 17:11 says the soul of the flesh is in the blood. FORGETTING THIS APPLIES TO ALL FLESH WITH BLOOD, MAN AND ANIMAlS , which have blood.

Emusan, So something immaterial reside in the blood of Goat and sheep's used for atonement by the isrealites ? gringrin grin

Finally, your immaterial lie is hitting the wall, grin grin grin

grin grin Hahahahaha

1 Like

Re: Who Died . Jesus Or His Body ?? by Barristter07: 4:38pm On Oct 01, 2018
hakmah:

Someone mentioned me above. But instead of addressing or replying the person, I feel obliged to address you the original writer.

Honestly, your intent is wrong. Using soul and body to debate if Jesus or is body died is totally wrong in my own opinion. Let me explain to you why I think your intent is wrong.

Why did Jesus have to die?
Heb. 9.22
...without the shedding of blood, there is no forgiveness of sin

From the above, you can see that it is blood that is needed. Israelites had used the blood of animals, but was not sufficient. Therefore, a super blood was needed. Why the blood of Jesus? Why did the blood of Jesus qualify to clean sins permanently?

Question: Does a soul have blood? Let us consider the other element. Does a body have blood?

When you understand the element with blood, then after you can know which part of Jesus actually died.

By the way, there are two or three parts of Jesus which is peculiar to everyone with the word: body, soul, and spirit.

Theory A: two parts which are: 1. body, 2. soul/spirit

Theory B: three parts: 1. Body, 2. Soul, and 3. Spirit.

The question is that, is the soul and spirit same, or different?

Definitely, the soul is not the body. I hope we agree on this statement.

Personally, I do not go into this debate because it is fruitless. And I see that it is where your thread is going. Let me refer you to a thread where I summarized my opinion which you may agree with or disagree with.

https://www.nairaland.com/4738923/soul-immortal/1#71512175

You may need to read the thread fron the beginning. My personal opinion is that it is extremely hard and confusing to explain what soul/spirit is, or what soul and spirit are with maginary. And it is exactly what this thread is doing.

And I hope you understand the part of Jesus which is suppose to die from the blood concept, which is what is needed.

Also, quoting ....the soul that sinneth shall die to show that the body or the soul of Jesus died is misleading. Well, I have to accept that philosophers who are of the notion that body, soul, and spirit are same say that the 2 or 3 parts stop functioning when we die. Well, it makes so much sense. But that is where they stopped.

Another group of philosophers believe in life after death. These ones believe that soul/spirit is saved, or soul and spirit are saved. This group stopped here.

And there is another group of philosophers again who believe in the second death. This group says that the first death is when the body dies, and the second death is when the soul/spirit dies again, or soul and spirit die. This group of people believe in hell fire. I think most christians fall into this category. So, it may explain why a soul can die, and the concept of saving a soul from death.

Brother, I think you need to find the group you belong to. And really, read my other posts to get more understanding, and why I do not go along debating this subject.

Best of luck!

The red part is the part that's related to this thread, are you implying that a soul doesn't have blood ?

1 Like

Re: Who Died . Jesus Or His Body ?? by Barristter07: 4:55pm On Oct 01, 2018
Emusan:

All the while I've been quoting Matt 10:28 and Luke 12:5 where Jesus said "Don't fear those who can kill the body BUT CAN'T KILL THE SOUL;"

Jesus made a clear distinction between body and soul here, but what did you say about it? Nothing!

Only to come and say, "All the while many here have quoted places where it was emphasized that soul died,"
The above doesn't support the fraud meaning you are giving it.

It says do not fear those [ Men right ? ] going by your fraud meaning it would mean only those killed by men have a soul that doesn't die. what about those who are directly killed by God such as onan, Nadab , Abihu , and the people of Noah's day ? DO YOU ACCEPT IT WOULD MEAN THE SOUL of this ones are Killed ?

cc: Mutteylaff , Primesky , alBHAGDADI , Jozzy4 , Peacefullove

2 Likes

Re: Who Died . Jesus Or His Body ?? by Peacefullove: 5:13pm On Oct 01, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

So angels can be called by the sacred name of Jehovah. This is new

Someone once said I have no problem with Jesus, but those who called themselves his followers .

Your Bible directly identified that it was an angel that appear to Moses, and you are still questioning it. grin many of you are atheists in disguise
Re: Who Died . Jesus Or His Body ?? by Peacefullove: 5:17pm On Oct 01, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

Both body and soul will be cast into hell fire which will then be thrown into the lake of fire.

Revelations 20:14
And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

See, you don't need to lie. Just admit you have lit.tle knowledge of the sub.ject you dived into. Neither does what you auote address that.

The bold happen when , Before it release its dead or after ? !!!

Am waiting ...
Re: Who Died . Jesus Or His Body ?? by Peacefullove: 5:29pm On Oct 01, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
Please where did I deny they are not angels? You must have me mixed with someone else. I said two of them were angels while one was Jesus Christ in flesh. See screenshot below.

You mistook the phrase "the angel of the Lord" to mean an angel of God. No wonder your NWT says Jehovah's angel.

To understand what the phrase "the angel of the Lord" means, please read the below copies post.

Though all the good angels are angels of God, or angels of the Lord, there is one special angel who is distinct and unique from all the other angels, he is called the "angel of the LORD."
In Both Testaments
The Bible, in both testaments, speaks of this personage called the "angel of the LORD," the "angel of the Presence" or the "angel, or messenger, of the Covenant." He appears in many important contexts in Scripture. The manner in which he is described sets him apart from all the other angels.
Three Possibilities
Three major views have been put forth as to the exact identity of the angel of the LORD.
1. A mighty angel who acted as the special representative of the LORD.
2. God the Father assuming a human body.
3. God the Son, taking a body for a short period of time.
Each of these three views has its supporters. To determine which view best fits the evidence, we will consider some of the major appearances of the angel of the LORD and make some observations about those appearances.
To Hagar
The first recorded appearance of the angel of the LORD was to Hagar, Abraham's mistress, and the mother of his son Ishmael.
The angel of the LORD also said to her, "I will so greatly multiply your offspring that they cannot be counted for multitude" ( Genesis 16:10 ).
This angel said He Himself would multiply the descendants of Hagar.
After the appearance of the angel of the LORD Hagar said.
She gave this name to the LORD who spoke to her: "You are the God who sees me," for she said, "I have now seen the One who sees me" ( Genesis 16:13 ).
She believed that she had spoken directly to God.
To Abraham And Sarah At Mamre
Three men appeared to Abraham and his wife Sarah at the plains of Mamre. They had come to inform Abraham and Sarah concerning two matters. The son that God had promised them would be born to Abraham and Sarah the next year, and the evil cities of Sodom and Gomorrah would be destroyed. One of the three visitors who gave them this information is specifically called the LORD.
The LORD appeared to Abraham by the oaks of Mamre, as he sat at the entrance of his tent in the heat of the day ( Genesis 18:1 ).
To Abraham On Mount Moriah
God told Abraham to bring his son Isaac to Mount Moriah to be sacrificed. Abraham obeyed and was about to take Isaac's life when God intervened. The angel of the LORD stopped Abraham saying:
He said, "Do not lay your hand on the boy or do anything to him; for now I know that you fear God, since you have not withheld your son, your only son, from me" ( Genesis 22:12 ).
He called a second time to Abraham:
The angel of the LORD called to Abraham a second time from heaven ( Genesis 22:15 ).
In this instance the angel of the LORD, who called out to Abraham, seems to be the LORD Himself.
To Jacob
This angel appeared a number of times to Jacob.
Then the angel of God said to me in the dream, 'Jacob,' and I said, 'Here I am' ( Genesis 31:11 ).
man who finally disabled him. The next morning Jacob understood that it was God Himself whom he had wrestled:
And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved ( Genesis 32:30 ).
At the end of his life, Jacob spoke of God, and the angel of the LORD, as identical.
the Angel who has delivered me from all harm - may He bless these boys. May they be called by my name and the names of my fathers Abraham and Isaac, and may they increase greatly upon the earth ( Genesis 48:16 ).
Moses And The Burning Bush
The angel of the LORD appeared to Moses in the burning bush.
There the angel of the LORD appeared to him in flames of fire from within a bush. Moses saw that though the bush was on fire it did not burn up ( Exodus 3: 2 ).
The angel explained who He was.
He said further, "I am the God of your father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob." And Moses hid his face, for he was afraid to look at God ( Exodus 3:6 ).
The martyr Stephen emphasized this special event.
And after forty years had passed, an angel appeared to him in the wilderness of Mount Sinai, in the flame of a burning thorn bush ( Acts 7:30 ).
God's Promise
God promised to send His angel ahead of the children of Israel.
I am going to send an angel in front of you, to guard you on the way and to bring you to the place that I have prepared. Be attentive to him and listen to his voice; do not rebel against him, for he will not pardon your transgression; for my name is in him. But if you listen attentively to his voice and do all that I say, then I will be an enemy to your enemies and a foe to your foes. When my angel goes in front of you, and brings you to the Amorites, the Hittites, the Perizzites, the Canaanites, the Hivites, and the Jebusites, and I blot them out ( Exodus 23:20-23 ).
The Israelites were told that they must obey this angel because the name of the LORD was in him. Since God would never share His name with any created being, this angel must be God Himself. Isaiah the prophet wrote.
Since God will not share His name or glory with anyone else, this angel must be God.
Joshua
An imposing personage appeared to Joshua.
when Joshua was by Jericho, that he lifted up his eyes and looked, and behold, a man was standing opposite him with his sword drawn in his hand, and Joshua went to him and said to him, "Are you for us or for our adversaries?" And he said, "No, rather I indeed come now as captain of the host of the LORD." And Joshua fell on his face to the earth, and bowed down, and said to him, "What has my lord to say to his servant?" And the captain of the LORD's host said to Joshua, "Remove your sandals from your feet, for the place where you are standing is holy." And Joshua did so ( Joshua 5:13-15 ).
Having Joshua immediately remove his sandals reminds one of the LORD telling Moses to remove his sandals in God's presence at the burning bush.
Gideon
Gideon was a man who was called by God to raise an army to defeat the innumerable Midianites. Because Gideon was a timid person, God paid him a visit to assure him that all would go well. After the encounter Gideon exclaimed:
Then Gideon perceived that it was the angel of the LORD; and Gideon said, "Help me, Lord GOD! For I have seen the angel of the LORD face to face." But the LORD said to him, "Peace be to you; do not fear, you shall not die" ( Judges 6:22 ).
If it was only an angel, and not God, that Gideon saw, then why was he afraid for his life?
Samson's Parents
The angel of the LORD appeared to a Hebrew woman to announce the birth of a son, Samson. He was to deliver the people of Israel from their enemies.
The angel of the LORD did not appear again to Manoah and his wife. Then Manoah realized that it was the angel of the LORD. And Manoah said to his wife, "We shall surely die, for we have seen God" ( Judges 13:21 ,22).
They identified the angel of the LORD with God Himself.
Other Appearances
Although these appearances identify the angel of the LORD with the LORD Himself, there are other appearances of the angel of the LORD where he is distinguished from God.
When the angel stretched out his hand to destroy Jerusalem, the LORD was grieved because of the calamity and said to the angel who was afflicting the people, "Enough! Withdraw your hand." The angel of the LORD was then at the threshing floor of Araunah the Jebusite ( 2 Samuel 24:16 ).
Then they spoke to the angel of the LORD who was standing among the myrtle trees, "We have patrolled the earth, and lo, the whole earth remains at peace." Then the angel of the LORD said, "O LORD of hosts, how long will you withhold mercy from Jerusalem and the cities of Judah, with which you have been angry these seventy years?" Then the LORD replied with gracious and comforting words to the angel who talked with Me ( Zechariah 1:11-13 ).

Telling lies is not easy, all this copy and paste just to defend your first wrong . all are angels simple. That highlighted just confirm it. Was your bible wrong to identify as angel ?

When Mr Jozzy4 said Abraham entertained angels, you are ranting. Now see where you landed. didn't Abrah entertain angels ?
Re: Who Died . Jesus Or His Body ?? by Peacefullove: 5:30pm On Oct 01, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
Please where did I deny they are not angels? You must have me mixed with someone else. I said two of them were angels while one was Jesus Christ in flesh. See screenshot below.

You mistook the phrase "the angel of the Lord" to mean an angel of God. No wonder your NWT says Jehovah's angel.

To understand what the phrase "the angel of the Lord" means, please read the below copies post.

Though all the good angels are angels of God, or angels of the Lord, there is one special angel who is distinct and unique from all the other angels, he is called the "angel of the LORD."
In Both Testaments
The Bible, in both testaments, speaks of this personage called the "angel of the LORD," the "angel of the Presence" or the "angel, or messenger, of the Covenant." He appears in many important contexts in Scripture. The manner in which he is described sets him apart from all the other angels.
Three Possibilities
Three major views have been put forth as to the exact identity of the angel of the LORD.
1. A mighty angel who acted as the special representative of the LORD.
2. God the Father assuming a human body.
3. God the Son, taking a body for a short period of time.
Each of these three views has its supporters. To determine which view best fits the evidence, we will consider some of the major appearances of the angel of the LORD and make some observations about those appearances.
To Hagar
The first recorded appearance of the angel of the LORD was to Hagar, Abraham's mistress, and the mother of his son Ishmael.
The angel of the LORD also said to her, "I will so greatly multiply your offspring that they cannot be counted for multitude" ( Genesis 16:10 ).
This angel said He Himself would multiply the descendants of Hagar.
After the appearance of the angel of the LORD Hagar said.
She gave this name to the LORD who spoke to her: "You are the God who sees me," for she said, "I have now seen the One who sees me" ( Genesis 16:13 ).
She believed that she had spoken directly to God.
To Abraham And Sarah At Mamre
Three men appeared to Abraham and his wife Sarah at the plains of Mamre. They had come to inform Abraham and Sarah concerning two matters. The son that God had promised them would be born to Abraham and Sarah the next year, and the evil cities of Sodom and Gomorrah would be destroyed. One of the three visitors who gave them this information is specifically called the LORD.
The LORD appeared to Abraham by the oaks of Mamre, as he sat at the entrance of his tent in the heat of the day ( Genesis 18:1 ).
To Abraham On Mount Moriah
God told Abraham to bring his son Isaac to Mount Moriah to be sacrificed. Abraham obeyed and was about to take Isaac's life when God intervened. The angel of the LORD stopped Abraham saying:
He said, "Do not lay your hand on the boy or do anything to him; for now I know that you fear God, since you have not withheld your son, your only son, from me" ( Genesis 22:12 ).
He called a second time to Abraham:
The angel of the LORD called to Abraham a second time from heaven ( Genesis 22:15 ).
In this instance the angel of the LORD, who called out to Abraham, seems to be the LORD Himself.
To Jacob
This angel appeared a number of times to Jacob.
Then the angel of God said to me in the dream, 'Jacob,' and I said, 'Here I am' ( Genesis 31:11 ).
man who finally disabled him. The next morning Jacob understood that it was God Himself whom he had wrestled:
And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved ( Genesis 32:30 ).
At the end of his life, Jacob spoke of God, and the angel of the LORD, as identical.
the Angel who has delivered me from all harm - may He bless these boys. May they be called by my name and the names of my fathers Abraham and Isaac, and may they increase greatly upon the earth ( Genesis 48:16 ).
Moses And The Burning Bush
The angel of the LORD appeared to Moses in the burning bush.
There the angel of the LORD appeared to him in flames of fire from within a bush. Moses saw that though the bush was on fire it did not burn up ( Exodus 3: 2 ).
The angel explained who He was.
He said further, "I am the God of your father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob." And Moses hid his face, for he was afraid to look at God ( Exodus 3:6 ).
The martyr Stephen emphasized this special event.
And after forty years had passed, an angel appeared to him in the wilderness of Mount Sinai, in the flame of a burning thorn bush ( Acts 7:30 ).
God's Promise
God promised to send His angel ahead of the children of Israel.
I am going to send an angel in front of you, to guard you on the way and to bring you to the place that I have prepared. Be attentive to him and listen to his voice; do not rebel against him, for he will not pardon your transgression; for my name is in him. But if you listen attentively to his voice and do all that I say, then I will be an enemy to your enemies and a foe to your foes. When my angel goes in front of you, and brings you to the Amorites, the Hittites, the Perizzites, the Canaanites, the Hivites, and the Jebusites, and I blot them out ( Exodus 23:20-23 ).
The Israelites were told that they must obey this angel because the name of the LORD was in him. Since God would never share His name with any created being, this angel must be God Himself. Isaiah the prophet wrote.
Since God will not share His name or glory with anyone else, this angel must be God.
Joshua
An imposing personage appeared to Joshua.
when Joshua was by Jericho, that he lifted up his eyes and looked, and behold, a man was standing opposite him with his sword drawn in his hand, and Joshua went to him and said to him, "Are you for us or for our adversaries?" And he said, "No, rather I indeed come now as captain of the host of the LORD." And Joshua fell on his face to the earth, and bowed down, and said to him, "What has my lord to say to his servant?" And the captain of the LORD's host said to Joshua, "Remove your sandals from your feet, for the place where you are standing is holy." And Joshua did so ( Joshua 5:13-15 ).
Having Joshua immediately remove his sandals reminds one of the LORD telling Moses to remove his sandals in God's presence at the burning bush.
Gideon
Gideon was a man who was called by God to raise an army to defeat the innumerable Midianites. Because Gideon was a timid person, God paid him a visit to assure him that all would go well. After the encounter Gideon exclaimed:
Then Gideon perceived that it was the angel of the LORD; and Gideon said, "Help me, Lord GOD! For I have seen the angel of the LORD face to face." But the LORD said to him, "Peace be to you; do not fear, you shall not die" ( Judges 6:22 ).
If it was only an angel, and not God, that Gideon saw, then why was he afraid for his life?
Samson's Parents
The angel of the LORD appeared to a Hebrew woman to announce the birth of a son, Samson. He was to deliver the people of Israel from their enemies.
The angel of the LORD did not appear again to Manoah and his wife. Then Manoah realized that it was the angel of the LORD. And Manoah said to his wife, "We shall surely die, for we have seen God" ( Judges 13:21 ,22).
They identified the angel of the LORD with God Himself.
Other Appearances
Although these appearances identify the angel of the LORD with the LORD Himself, there are other appearances of the angel of the LORD where he is distinguished from God.
When the angel stretched out his hand to destroy Jerusalem, the LORD was grieved because of the calamity and said to the angel who was afflicting the people, "Enough! Withdraw your hand." The angel of the LORD was then at the threshing floor of Araunah the Jebusite ( 2 Samuel 24:16 ).
Then they spoke to the angel of the LORD who was standing among the myrtle trees, "We have patrolled the earth, and lo, the whole earth remains at peace." Then the angel of the LORD said, "O LORD of hosts, how long will you withhold mercy from Jerusalem and the cities of Judah, with which you have been angry these seventy years?" Then the LORD replied with gracious and comforting words to the angel who talked with Me ( Zechariah 1:11-13 ).

Telling lies is not easy, all this copy and paste just to defend your first wrong . all are angels simple. That highlighted just confirm it. Was your bible wrong to identify as angel ?

When Mr Jozzy4 said Abraham entertained angels, you are ranting. Now see where you landed. didn't Abraham entertain angels ?
Re: Who Died . Jesus Or His Body ?? by Peacefullove: 5:42pm On Oct 01, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

Smh, and your copy and paste identified the one called Lord as special Angel. Angel as well

Though all the good angels are angels of God, or angels of the Lord, there is one special angel who is distinct and unique from all the other angels, he is called the " angel of the LORD."
Re: Who Died . Jesus Or His Body ?? by Emusan(m): 5:46pm On Oct 01, 2018
Barristter07:

The above doesn't support the fraud meaning you are giving it.

It says do not fear those [ Men right ? ] going by your fraud meaning it would mean only those killed by men have a soul that doesn't die. what about those who are directly killed by God such as onan, Nadab , Abihu , and the people of Noah's day ? DO YOU ACCEPT IT WOULD MEAN THE SOUL of this ones are Killed ?

cc: Mutteylaff , Primesky , alBHAGDADI , Jozzy4 , Peacefullove

Your ignorance is legendary!

It's just so shameful if this is the best interpretation an adult can deduce from this verse.

The verse already established that man has BODY and SOUL

While men can only KILL THE BODY but not SOUL, ONLY God can destroy BOTH.

Where does the verse say anybody killed by God doesn't have a SOUL?
Re: Who Died . Jesus Or His Body ?? by Barristter07: 5:54pm On Oct 01, 2018
Emusan:

Your ignorance is legendary!

It's just so shameful if this is the best interpretation an adult can deduce from this verse.

The verse already established that man has BODY and SOUL

While men
can only KILL THE BODY but not SOUL,
ONLY God can destroy BOTH.

Emphasis on the underlined, to test your fraudulent claim.

grin grin @ Bold, since am ignorant, explain to me : What about those killed by God himself for disobedience like Onan, Nadab , people of Noah's day , Would that still apply ?

Where does the verse say anybody killed by God doesn't have a SOUL?
[/i]
grin Those killed by God, are their souls killed ? [/i] . that's the question, learn to comprehend Sir

1 Like

Re: Who Died . Jesus Or His Body ?? by Emusan(m): 6:22pm On Oct 01, 2018
That's why I'll continue to say that you people lack simple comprehension.

Barristter07:

Emphasis on the underlined, to test your fraudulent claim.

grin grin @ Bold, since am ignorant, explain to me : What about those killed by God himself for disobedience like Onan, Nadab , people of Noah's day , Would that still apply ?

The content of that verse is self explanatory enough.

GOD HAS POWER TO KILL AND DESTROY...

The emphasis of the verse is:

>God can kill a body and decided not to destroy the soul
>God can kill a body and also destroy the soul.
>Man can kill the body but has nothing over the SOUL.

grin Those killed by God, are their souls killed ? [/i] . that's the question, learn to comprehend Sir

Did the verse say anybody killed by God means his/her soul killed?

What the verse established is:
God has power to KILL AND DESTROY both soul and body.

Why is simple English so difficult for you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Divine Revelation: A Must Read For All / Who Invited Atheists To 'Religion Forum'? / Ask Any Question About Jehovah's Witnesses Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 187
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.