Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,159 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:02 PM

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) - Satellite TV Technology (132) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) (434451 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) ... (176) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by gadotor(m): 8:20am On Apr 26, 2011
@ramon FROM TEMALE THE WORD IS MAST.THIS A TOWEL BUILT AT CELL SITE TO TRANSMIT DATA AND SIGNALS IN AN AREA TO IT,S CUSTOMERS TOBE ABLE TO MAKE CALL OR COMMINICATE.SO THE WORD IS MAST AND NOT MASS,I HOPE THIS HELP YOU TO UNDERSTAND.THANK YOU
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Nobody: 9:26am On Apr 26, 2011
@GADATOR, reach me on +2348126875150,something important to discuss or better provide email or phone no so dat i can reach you. Thank u
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by GeorgeD1(m): 9:46am On Apr 26, 2011
phizz:

@george and all, pls I need tracking TPs for Badr5 Ku pls and wat size of dish do I need, na only tomorow I get oooo abeg

@phizz,
In addition to what figment gave you, also try Aljazera tp too (10809v, 27500sr)
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by GeorgeD1(m): 9:51am On Apr 26, 2011
@Adex,
I think Sathob has said it all. The C band frequencies are more prone to interference because of thier operating range. You'll need a filter to overcome this but unfortunately they are had to come by this part of the world.

Recently my own C band signals have stabilised a great deal. I'm even surprised that with my Supermax LNB I can still recieve 906/C, 904/C, etc. I guess yours too will stabilise over time. Just be patient is what I will advise.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by aroseyi(m): 10:04am On Apr 26, 2011
kinmen2004:

@GADATOR, reach me on +2348126875150,something important to discuss or better provide email or phone no so dat i can reach you. Thank u
u can reach gadotor on dis number 00233203558708
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by aroseyi(m): 10:11am On Apr 26, 2011
George_D:

@phizz,
In addition to what figment gave you, also try Aljazera tp too (10809v, 27500sr)
with wht type of dish are we going to track dis tp?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by nearest(m): 11:23am On Apr 26, 2011
@ GeorgeD: I'm still waiting, not to harass you though, but i'm blind at the moment to international news and events, 4663x is not it at all.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by phizz: 11:39am On Apr 26, 2011
@all, thanks finally nailed d bird(badr 5 26deg Ku with 75cm dish) , with the TPs, though d 12303h27500 was tricky as I got ATN on W4/7 instead of d canal statns, so I had to use 12322v27500 n it helpd.
Rite naw am watchn just 4 statns free hopefully would look for aw to improve.
Of to go and get my self accredited.
P.S. Vote Wisely. Thanks again All
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Damma(m): 12:24pm On Apr 26, 2011
@phizz,pls list d stations dat u get on d satellite.pls,
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by phizz: 12:31pm On Apr 26, 2011
@damma, d ones dat r nt scrambled are cinema star, piwi, teletoon, n cusine tv, they all french speaking.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by figment232(m): 1:32pm On Apr 26, 2011
@George D

THE ALJAZERA TP FOR BARD4 IS RED
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by odilibe(m): 1:49pm On Apr 26, 2011
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by bisi12004: 2:19pm On Apr 26, 2011
rescan 12283 h 27500 on w4/7 to get another atn
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by lovala(m): 3:14pm On Apr 26, 2011
@George_D and others who’ve made good use of C-band lnbfs:

Please, I need help here:
I finally got my 1.8m pan dish up and running using my stb 4669xii. But, with the Strong K-5 lnbf, I succeeded in hooking on to just Intelsat 902 (only Citizen tv came up, NTV Uganda tp is totally red and the AFN mux was green but dollared); Intelsat7/10 with many pakistani and indian, Japanese channels, al Jazeera, CCTVNews, but the Kenyan mux tp was red because the highest quality was 67; and finally NSS7 in which I could get these Arabic frequencies, spains public tv, tv algerie and gabon were always red and if I changed the position of the dielectric I could pick just CNN alone and the afore mentioned channels remained red.
I don't have any mobile station mast around me but these were all I could pick with the strong lnbf.
Well, king George_D did mention that Supermax Extended C-band lnbf is the real deal when it comes to good C-band lnbfs. I’ve got it and would like to get going with it. However, I’d like to know what I’m supposed to do with the black tape that came along in the plastic bag containing the screws and also the tips on the skew of the lnbf to best pick up signals.
‘preciate your contributions.
Lovala.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Adex70(m): 4:11pm On Apr 26, 2011
@phizz what is the software in ur 69x that open those 4 badry chanel, is it 120p or 130p tell us. @George i will be patience as u have advise but i will change the position of the dielectric in the lnb and see how it will go, curently iam not receiving any c band sat at now. So i will do it this evening because i dont want it to affect my hotbird&nile, all thesame iam very grateful 4 ur response God bless.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by sammu(m): 4:19pm On Apr 26, 2011
@Lavola, understand that c band signal is divided into 2, namely linear signal that is the one the polarity is either H or V and circular signal the one with L or R polarity. For you to receive satellite with linear signal eg intel7/10c you use the lnb without the dielectric plate inside the throat of the lnb. When u look up sats on lyngsat/flysat and u see frequency with h or v they are linear satellites.
Now to circular sats, u have to put the dielectric plate inside the lnb using the small black to hold it firm inside. The L becomes H while R becomes V
Also note that in west africa there are 4 linear sats with good coverage viz: thiacom, apstar, intel7,10 and paksat. The rest are circular and therefore needs dielectric plate.
Let me add that strong cband lnb is good for linear signal, that is no dielectric plate. skew your lnb to 11 o'clock. And supermax cband lnb is good for circular signals that need dielectric plate. Skew your lnb to 2 o'clock.
I hope this will help u cheers.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Sunsat(m): 4:59pm On Apr 26, 2011
To track MBC 3 is now a problem for me, I am just frustrated for 2 hours I have tracking without improvement
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by dbryth(m): 5:06pm On Apr 26, 2011
Sun-sat:

To track MBC 3 is now a problem for me, I am just frustrated for 2 hours I have tracking without improvement

It depends on how you are going about it. Turn your LNBF to 8 o'clock and use this TP 12728 H 30000 or you can also turn it to 4 o'clock and use this TP 12728 V 30000
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Sunsat(m): 5:23pm On Apr 26, 2011
bisi12004:

rescan 12283 h 27500 on w4/7 to get another atn
its like this works on MPEG 4 only because I've got it severally on that and it has refused to pop out on MPEg 2
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Sunsat(m): 5:32pm On Apr 26, 2011
Sun-sat:

its like this works on MPEG 4 only because I've got it severally on that and it has refused to pop out on MPEg 2
Are you saying it works on 4663x too because I tried it and nothing pop out,
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by dbryth(m): 5:54pm On Apr 26, 2011
Sun-sat:

Are you saying it works on 4663x too because I tried it and nothing pop out,

Yes it does, I always use the 4663X in tracking my birds.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by ikefra(m): 8:18pm On Apr 26, 2011
@Sun-sat for MBC 3 at w3a at South south here use 12728 H 30000 LNB at 6 oclock and you will get it.

Shaw.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by infofta(m): 9:22pm On Apr 26, 2011
If you using 90cm dish track MBC 3 from 6pm in the evening.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Sensicut(m): 9:44pm On Apr 26, 2011
Pls which LNB can i use for MBC3 on 1m dish.help
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by dbryth(m): 10:16pm On Apr 26, 2011
Sensicut:

Pls which LNB can i use for MBC3 on 1m dish.help

Strong or fuji will do,
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Lanceosas(m): 10:25pm On Apr 26, 2011
try trackin wth dis tp 12520 H 27500.mbc3 w3 or at 7E wl pop up.goodluck
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by gadotor(m): 12:14am On Apr 27, 2011
if you want to track w3a at 7e.you first track sirius 4.8e with it freq 12605 v 29950 and move right 1inch with 127280 H 30000 FOR W3A YOU WILL BE FINE,THEN MOVE THE LNB TO 4.OO O,CLOCK ARM.THANK YOU
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Sensicut(m): 7:41am On Apr 27, 2011
@dbryth.thanks alot viva fta
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Peroluv(m): 8:13am On Apr 27, 2011
@all is it possible to nail Eutelsat w6 with my 90cm dish, and what is the best tp to use, i leave in delta state, thanx.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by safex(m): 8:53am On Apr 27, 2011
I'm using KAON receiver which was used by DAARSAT but Kilonsele doesn't have audio which means it needs upgrading. I've tried 2 look 4 d firmware but all to no avail. So i'd like if anyone can help me with where 2 download it. Thanks
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by williams85(m): 9:10am On Apr 27, 2011
safex:

I'm using KAON receiver which was used by DAARSAT but Kilonsele doesn't have audio which means it needs upgrading. I've tried 2 look 4 d firmware but all to no avail. So i'd like if anyone can help me with where 2 download it. Thanks
u can't get the firmware anywhere.
My daarbox has audio because i bought the newer version. So stop lookin 4 the upgrade,
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by GeorgeD1(m): 11:57am On Apr 27, 2011
lovala:

@George_D and others who’ve made good use of C-band lnbfs:

Please, I need help here:
I finally got my 1.8m pan dish up and running using my stb 4669xii. But, with the Strong K-5 lnbf, I succeeded in hooking on to just Intelsat 902 (only Citizen tv came up, NTV Uganda tp is totally red and the AFN mux was green but dollared); Intelsat7/10 with many pakistani and indian, Japanese channels, al Jazeera, CCTVNews, but the Kenyan mux tp was red because the highest quality was 67; and finally NSS7 in which I could get these Arabic frequencies, spains public tv, tv algerie and gabon were always red and if I changed the position of the dielectric I could pick just CNN alone and the afore mentioned channels remained red.
I don't have any mobile station mast around me but these were all I could pick with the strong lnbf.
Well, king George_D did mention that Supermax Extended C-band lnbf is the real deal when it comes to good C-band lnbfs. I’ve got it and would like to get going with it. However, I’d like to know what I’m supposed to do with the black tape that came along in the plastic bag containing the screws and also the tips on the skew of the lnbf to best pick up signals.
‘preciate your contributions.
Lovala.

@lovala,
To answer your questions in simple terms, the black tape that comes with the C band lnb is for securing the dielectric plate inside the throat of the LNB. As for the best position to setup your C band, always follow the 2 o'clock or 10'o clock rule. For Supermax its always best to adjust your lnb to the 2 o'clock position while with STRONG C band, its best to use the 10 o'clock position.

Here are pictures of my own COMSTAR dish (taken January last year). I was having issues with interference then hence I changed the top LNB to STRONG K6. Pls note the position of the dielectric (inside the throat of the LNB) and the 10 o'clock position of the LNB itself. Mind you that the dish in the pix is facing east and the 10 o'clock position is relative to the direction of the hour hand of the clock when your standing facing the dish.

(1) (2) (3) ... (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) ... (176)

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA / FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.