Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,077 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:35 AM

Ambode Storms Out Of GAC Meeting - Vanguard - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ambode Storms Out Of GAC Meeting - Vanguard (75590 Views)

Tinubu Hosts Sanwo-Olu, Ambode, GAC Members In Lagos / Sanwo-Olu Attends Completion Ceremony Of GAC Assembly Plant In Lagos (pics) / Adeleke Storms Out Of Eid After Clash With Ajibola Basiru, Ex-Senate Spokesman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ambode Storms Out Of GAC Meeting - Vanguard by 49cents(m): 12:17pm On Sep 30, 2018
Now can we go to the next level of governace....total transparency?

Commoners really amaze.

Your leaders never allow you see the books....never allow you to run for office because they feel it's their inheritance...yet you call them excellent

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Storms Out Of GAC Meeting - Vanguard by Nobody: 12:19pm On Sep 30, 2018
Epic Battle
Re: Ambode Storms Out Of GAC Meeting - Vanguard by bibiking7(m): 12:20pm On Sep 30, 2018

Ambode is an arrogant prick. That's why most folks despise him. I have experienced his arrogance first hand. He talks to his commissioners and subordinates anyhow. His arrogance led him to stop all fashola's projects because he wanted revenge for his humiliation from fash. Psp was working fine. He brought vision scam. He gave road constructions and repairs to his friends that had little or no experience in road constructions.

He should ask himself. Why folks despise him.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode Storms Out Of GAC Meeting - Vanguard by Nobody: 12:21pm On Sep 30, 2018
Lagos state of tinubu.
Re: Ambode Storms Out Of GAC Meeting - Vanguard by showafrica(m): 12:23pm On Sep 30, 2018
inkon:
Ambo needs to be a man for once.

Yea, he is not a good politician... A good politician should be a Maradona. By now he supposed to have defected since and fight from another party. He is been belittled and he keeps disgracing himself.
Re: Ambode Storms Out Of GAC Meeting - Vanguard by bibiking7(m): 12:30pm On Sep 30, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

So many ridiculous falsehoods here, I don't even know where to start from. Fashola concentrated development and yet, it's Ambode that has not concentrated development, abi? Ask anybody that lives in any communities along the Amuwo-Odofin/Ojo/Badagry axis from Mile 2 down to Badagry if they knew a Lagos state government existed over Ambode' entire tenure. Particularly Fashola's projects that he abandoned to chase his own vanities commissioning bus stops everywhere around Lagos and a few flyovers. On some days, you'd be lucky to make it in 6 hours to Mile 2 from Agbara: a journey that shouldn't take up to an hour. We're talking only about the expressways, and let's not even start on the inner roads in the communities owned by the state.

Ambode's privatizations had nothing to do with efficiency and everything to do with venality and corruption. He has run a far more opaque government than Fashola before him and you can't even scrutinize the state's finances and his administration brazenly dismiss FOI requests. He sidelined powerful political interests in the state to empower a new set of powerful political interests beholden to him. Trying to claim he did this with altruistic intent is laughable when he continues to run an administration with zero accountability or transparency.

It's funny you're playing the "Ipob" card now with Ambode. The reality is Ambode has been held in suspicion by many Igbos in Lagos, but these Igbos dislike Tinubu even more, so suddenly, when Ambode falls out with Tinubu, they immediately hitch their wagons to Ambode and become big supporters. It's the same, old trick: embracing any Yoruba opposed to the Tinubu political machine (Fani Kayode, Fayose, Saraki, Adeleke etc) and pretending it has anything to do with substantive politics.

For the record, Tinubu is a cancer on Lagos politics, in my opinion. Just don't come here trying to whitewash Ambode's record as if we don't have eyes.

Nicely said. If you live along that Mile 2 to badagry axis. You would despise Ambode. Someone once said that those living in those areas need to be compensated. Just wait till they remove those trucks and you will see the filth that they have caused.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode Storms Out Of GAC Meeting - Vanguard by highbeekeys(m): 12:33pm On Sep 30, 2018
They actually made him...
So they feel they can undo him as well.
New movie to be watched for free...
*crosses legs*
Re: Ambode Storms Out Of GAC Meeting - Vanguard by afroxyz: 12:36pm On Sep 30, 2018
wristbangle:

It's because you're not living in Lagos. Ambode is a step down from Fashola and Tinubu performance.

Are you telling me you are pleased with the environment filth and poor road condition in the state?

Fashola was at loggerhead with Jagaban but his excellent performance spoke for him.

You are right on your assertions. But the question I'm asking is why didn't anybody or groups bring this issue up until his fallout with Tinubu. He bleeped up. Well, maybe. But did y'all need Tinubu to point it out?
Re: Ambode Storms Out Of GAC Meeting - Vanguard by Niorte: 12:38pm On Sep 30, 2018
What is the essence of the gubernatorial primary when the party has already endorsed Sanwo-Olu

1 Like

Re: Ambode Storms Out Of GAC Meeting - Vanguard by Nobody: 12:39pm On Sep 30, 2018
And the Lord of host says, I have rejected Saul, I choose him to be a king over my people(Isreal) I have given his kingdom to my favorite servant (David)
Tinubu have rejected Ambode, sanwolu is now the anointed candidate.
Obedience is better than sacrifice.
Use and dump politics does not work in South West.
This is not ipob land, where you bite the fingers that fed you. Here in yoruba land, we listen to our leaders.
Dz is d reason the glory of God is upon us, no Igbos conspiracy shall held us back.
Igbos conspired with jimi agbajo, they failed, i can see them building up another conspiracy should Ambode defects to another party.
We shall go with our leaders, they have spoken and announced sanwolu to be our next Joshua.
May the glory of God Almighty, the omnipotent, omniscient fall upon baba hide sanwolu wherever he is today. Amen in Jesus name
Re: Ambode Storms Out Of GAC Meeting - Vanguard by Benekruku(m): 12:41pm On Sep 30, 2018
showafrica:

Yea, he is not a good politician... A good politician should be a Maradona. By now he supposed to have defected since and fight from another party. He is been belittled and he keeps disgracing himself.

You a kid in politics

We talking about Lagos here

It wont take up to '48hours after he decamps that impeachment will hit him

He will be a loner in the midst and will be severely dealt it

It wont cost APC a sweat to impeach him
Re: Ambode Storms Out Of GAC Meeting - Vanguard by Nobody: 12:41pm On Sep 30, 2018
Many people that don't know anything about lagos politics are just saying rubbish. People shouting ambode was brought in by tinubu, and that's a lie. It was oba akiolu of Lagos that imposed him on them. Even many of us have known this 2 years ahead before ambode became governor. There were many things going on you people don't know and are here just speculating. Lagos politics is beyond tinubu now. Then his arrogance finished him.
Re: Ambode Storms Out Of GAC Meeting - Vanguard by King44(m): 12:43pm On Sep 30, 2018
[b][/b][b][/b]I think ambode should check all the laws in the constitution that may likely hinder or work against home if he join another party to contest gubernatorial, join PDP have ote as a deputy get all the forces on his side if possible inec also cos those are the things APC will actually use to rig, contest get the people's vote n b back on seat[b]I think ambode should check all the laws in the constitution that may likely hinder or work against home if he join another party to contest gubernatorial, join PDP have ote as a deputy get all the forces on his side if possible inec also cos those are the things APC will actually use to rig, contest get the people's vote n b back on seat[/b]I think ambode should check all the laws in the constitution that may likely hinder or work against home if he join another party to contest gubernatorial, join PDP have ote as a deputy get all the forces on his side if possible inec also cos those are the things APC will actually use to rig, contest get the people's vote n b back on seat
Re: Ambode Storms Out Of GAC Meeting - Vanguard by Klington: 12:44pm On Sep 30, 2018
Ambode and buhari are monumental disasters.... Ambode is so incompetent and unqualified to be a governor
Re: Ambode Storms Out Of GAC Meeting - Vanguard by mamotalk: 12:47pm On Sep 30, 2018
In my candid opinion, if Ambode is unable to clinch the ticket for reelection in his party, history will record him to be the second person(after Nbadinuju of Anambra in 2003, in this 4th republic) who has failed to secure their party nomination for the second term.
Until the primary is conducted and Ambode fails, I will still hold that Ambode performance is not as bad as the Anambra man
Re: Ambode Storms Out Of GAC Meeting - Vanguard by lereinter(m): 12:50pm On Sep 30, 2018
ambode- the devil that brought u in, does not want u again and u dont have a higher devil that can subdue him

why dont u go and resign to fate enjoy the loot u ve managed to pack

politics is worst than sorcery...
Re: Ambode Storms Out Of GAC Meeting - Vanguard by Iwanttoto: 12:50pm On Sep 30, 2018
Rexnegro:

I can't agree less with u bro.... tinubu n fashola are Moses and Joshua..tinubu (Moses) saw promise land (blueprints) but didn't enter , then fashola (Joshua) saw and entered and led isrealites their. so most of the kudos goes to Joshua which is fashola. the only tin that I no tinubu did was Igando to ikotun road. notin else that I no again. I stand to be corrected.

Itire road. Lawanson rd. Kudirat abiola road. Ado_langbasa rd. Etc
Re: Ambode Storms Out Of GAC Meeting - Vanguard by Sanchez01: 12:52pm On Sep 30, 2018
TrueNigerian300:

Well I agree with you except with the bolded part. Tinubu did lay the foundation on which Fashola worked on. And as much as we may hate Tinubu we must give credit where it is due, Tinubu is a visionary and good leader and an excellent politician. But Fashola is an excellent leader and a public administrator par excellence. Bros Fashola public administration skills no be here ooooo. He is best so far I have seen or heard in the history of Nigeria.Public administration wise no Nigerian dead or alive can match him.
Fashola is heading three ministries now, of which power is one and housing is another. When was the last time you heard this administration talk about Federal Housing Scheme or improvement in power supply? These are ministries headed by Fashola with little or no impact felt. It's as if he has faded into oblivion despite handling three ministries.

Fashola did well in Lagos, no doubt but BAT had already done the dirty work for Fashola to sail his administration.

So please, kindly take out the part of your post I emboldened because he hasn't achieved 23% out of a 100 despite the three ministries he is handling at the federal level.
Re: Ambode Storms Out Of GAC Meeting - Vanguard by showafrica(m): 12:52pm On Sep 30, 2018
Benekruku:

You a kid in politics

So what do you want him to do...? To continue going to meetings he is not even invited even as a sitting governor. Guy, real men don't ass lick, Tinubu does not want you, fight him simple. That's why I like easterners... Yoruba people are mostly cowards.
Re: Ambode Storms Out Of GAC Meeting - Vanguard by insperyadyou: 12:53pm On Sep 30, 2018
livinbygrace:

Keep quiet and stop typing nonsense.Fashola was able to secured second term because he performed well and all the party stalwart and masses supported him,which is contrary to what we have now in Lagos being regarded as one of the dirtiest state with bad roads everywhere .If Ambode had performed well it would have been difficult to stop his second term ambition.
your harsh response showed that you failed in school.
Re: Ambode Storms Out Of GAC Meeting - Vanguard by Hotfreeze: 12:55pm On Sep 30, 2018
Benekruku:

You a kid in politics

Don't mind him. Most of those talking about Ambode decamping are political blockheads ignorant of the workings of Lagos politics.

Obasa is the checkmate for Ambode as at today. Lawyer, grassroots politician, stalwart and babanla werey.

Ambode would be impeached and he's free to go to court. If at all the court would give any pronouncement, it would be when it's too late for him anyway.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Storms Out Of GAC Meeting - Vanguard by Nobody: 12:55pm On Sep 30, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

So many ridiculous falsehoods here, I don't even know where to start from. Fashola concentrated development and yet, it's Ambode that has not concentrated development, abi? Ask anybody that lives in any communities along the Amuwo-Odofin/Ojo/Badagry axis from Mile 2 down to Badagry if they knew a Lagos state government existed over Ambode' entire tenure. Particularly Fashola's projects that he abandoned to chase his own vanities commissioning bus stops everywhere around Lagos and a few flyovers. On some days, you'd be lucky to make it in 6 hours to Mile 2 from Agbara: a journey that shouldn't take up to an hour. We're talking only about the expressways, and let's not even start on the inner roads in the communities owned by the state.

Ambode's privatizations had nothing to do with efficiency and everything to do with venality and corruption. He has run a far more opaque government than Fashola before him and you can't even scrutinize the state's finances and his administration brazenly dismiss FOI requests. He sidelined powerful political interests in the state to empower a new set of powerful political interests beholden to him. Trying to claim he did this with altruistic intent is laughable when he continues to run an administration with zero accountability or transparency.

It's funny you're playing the "Ipob" card now with Ambode. The reality is Ambode has been held in suspicion by many Igbos in Lagos, but these Igbos dislike Tinubu even more, so suddenly, when Ambode falls out with Tinubu, they immediately hitch their wagons to Ambode and become big supporters. It's the same, old trick: embracing any Yoruba opposed to the Tinubu political machine (Fani Kayode, Fayose, Saraki, Adeleke etc) and pretending it has anything to do with substantive politics.

For the record, Tinubu is a cancer on Lagos politics, in my opinion. Just don't come here trying to whitewash Ambode's record as if we don't have eyes.

Even though I don't necessarily agree with some of your assertions, I appreciate your more mature and dispassionate response/analysis/dissection - compared to xenophobes and hate--filled political canvassers like deomelo, AlhajaChinyere, Corinthians, cilic Marin, Bolustical and ngenewhatever.

I can conveniently play opposition with your likes and still be friends.

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Storms Out Of GAC Meeting - Vanguard by hacunamatata: 12:56pm On Sep 30, 2018
Corruption is the only industry that is doing well these country
Re: Ambode Storms Out Of GAC Meeting - Vanguard by Benekruku(m): 12:58pm On Sep 30, 2018
showafrica:

So what do you want him to do...? To continue going to meetings he is not even invited even as a sitting governor. Guy, real men don't ass lick, Tinubu does not want you, fight him simple. That's why I like easterners... Yoruba people are mostly cowards.

Who is Ambode politically to fight a Tinubu with a Federal might?

You always need to know at some point that their are some wars you can never win

You dont need to stand tall as a man at all times especially when majority not on your side

How do you expect him to decamp when 90% of the house are APC members

What fight are you talking about.....

An Ambode fighting APC and Tinubu at same time is suicidal

Learn to retreat when best
Re: Ambode Storms Out Of GAC Meeting - Vanguard by Nobody: 12:59pm On Sep 30, 2018
nd the Lord of host says, I have rejected Saul, I choose him to be a king over my people(Isreal) I have given his kingdom to my favorite servant (David)
Tinubu have rejected Ambode, sanwolu is now the anointed candidate.
Obedience is better than sacrifice.
Use and dump politics does not work in South West.
This is not ipob land, where you bite the fingers that fed you. Here in yoruba land, we listen to our leaders.
Dz is d reason the glory of God is upon us, no Igbos conspiracy shall held us back.
Igbos conspired with jimi agbajo, they failed, i can see them building up another conspiracy should Ambode defects to another party.
We shall go with our leaders, they have spoken and announced sanwolu to be our next Joshua.
May the glory of God Almighty, the omnipotent, omniscient fall upon baba hide sanwolu wherever he is today. Amen in Jesus name
Re: Ambode Storms Out Of GAC Meeting - Vanguard by Nobody: 12:59pm On Sep 30, 2018
wristbangle:

It's because you're not living in Lagos. Ambode is a step down from Fashola and Tinubu performance.

Are you telling me you are pleased with the environment filth and poor road condition in the state?

Fashola was at loggerhead with Jagaban but his excellent performance spoke for him.
I totally agree with you, I came into Lagos yesterday and I tell you no difference from Aba in terms of dirtiness
Re: Ambode Storms Out Of GAC Meeting - Vanguard by able20(m): 1:00pm On Sep 30, 2018
Hotfreeze:

Which God is with Ambode? Shuku Obuko Eponmalu or the pythons you worship in your backward cave?

Ambode sacked and humiliated a man of God and God is punishing him for that. I suggest you don't put mouth so that God won't punish you too.
You're finished sorry.
Re: Ambode Storms Out Of GAC Meeting - Vanguard by Tiem77: 1:03pm On Sep 30, 2018
TO ME, AMBODE SHOULD NOT CHICKEN OUT.
HE HAS THE CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT TO SEEK REELECTION.

ALSO, IT IS NOT A MUST THAT EVERY INDIVIDUAL THAT HAS SERVED A TERM MUST SERVE THE SECOND.
WE ARE MILLIONS IN POPULATION FOR GOD'S SAKE, THE AMBODES HAVE BIT A PIECE OF THE CAKE, THEY SHOULD ALLOW ANOTHER FAMILY HAVE A TASTE IF THAT IS HOW IT TURNS OUT. IT IS NOT A DO OR DIE DEAL.

For those of you always in the supporters club, when will you start scheming how you will place your family in the limelight in your respective states?
I have started the journey, my family must taste out of this cake; by God's grace and lawfully.

SO, WHILE YOU SUPPORT AND KILL YOURSELVES OVER SOME MADE GUYS, THINK OF YOUR LIFE TOO.

Thank you all for reading.....
I sign out!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ambode Storms Out Of GAC Meeting - Vanguard by theemy(m): 1:05pm On Sep 30, 2018
wristbangle:

Abeg wetin tinubu do. He stole through out his tenure and still stealing. I sorry for lagosians
Re: Ambode Storms Out Of GAC Meeting - Vanguard by showafrica(m): 1:05pm On Sep 30, 2018
Benekruku:

Who is Ambode politically to fight a Tinubu with a Federal might?

You always need to know at some point that their are some wars you can never win

You dont need to stand tall as a man at all times especially when majority not on your side

How do you expect him to decamp when 90% of the house are APC members

What fight are you talking about.....

An Ambode fighting APC and Tinubu at same time is suicidal

Learn to retreat when best

I asked you, what do you want him to do as a sitting governor? He wants to be governor and another man says he will not... and you are telling me I should continue to beg him or continue to force my self in..? The guy is a coward... If he would not defect, there is another way to fight and not ass licking and disgracing himself all the time. I understand what you meant about retreating.. He should just do that and keep his dignity and not going where he is not welcome.
Re: Ambode Storms Out Of GAC Meeting - Vanguard by Nobody: 1:09pm On Sep 30, 2018
theemy:

Abeg wetin tinubu do. He stole through out his tenure and still stealing. I sorry for lagosians
Sorry for your family n people.
Lagos is moving forward, progressing more than all the south east states of Biafra

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Diezani Allison-Madueke's House Used As COVID-19 Isolation Centre In Lagos / The Spiritual Side Of Aso Villa By Reuben Abati / Throwback Picture Of Buhari & Hameed Ali In Military Uniform

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.