Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,965 members, 7,952,893 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:57 AM

Ambode Storms Out Of GAC Meeting - Vanguard - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ambode Storms Out Of GAC Meeting - Vanguard (76038 Views)

Sanwo-Olu Attends Completion Ceremony Of GAC Assembly Plant In Lagos (pics) / Adeleke Storms Out Of Eid After Clash With Ajibola Basiru, Ex-Senate Spokesman / Ademola Adeleke Storms Out Of PDP Peace Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ambode Storms Out Of GAC Meeting - Vanguard by Benekruku(m): 1:10pm On Sep 30, 2018
showafrica:

I asked you, what do you want him to do as a sitting governor? He wants to be governor and another man says he will not... and you are telling me I should continue to beg him or continue to force my self in..? The guy is a coward... If he would not defect, there is another way to fight and not ass licking and disgracing himself all the time. I understand what you meant about retreating.. He should just do that and keep his dignity and not going where he is not welcome.

Share one with me

Decamping is totally out of it am sure cos that will spell doom for him in less than 48hours after defection

So tell me...
Re: Ambode Storms Out Of GAC Meeting - Vanguard by sucess001(m): 1:10pm On Sep 30, 2018
Wiseandtrue:
I don't understand this much ado about nothing!

I mean it's not as if Tinubu performed half of Ambode's achievements when he was the governor undecided

The jazz Tinubu is using on these people must be strong!

Ambode was working though he has some loose ends to tie so what is ALL these drama about

Mtcheeew
Tinubu is the leader
He is the contractor
He is the commissioner
He PRO
He is the tax collector
He is everything!

How will Ambode even perform when he is not in charge undecided

Ambode's biggest mistake is not borrowing a leaf from Fashola

He allowed Tinubu to dictates for him undecided
Then he was known as Tinubu's boy!

He (Ambode) still couldn't please him neither did he please Lagosians

If the people of Lagos are still willing to give him a chance, why can't Tinubu do the same

Anyone who says ambode performed in Lagos is sick.

Potholes have never been this bad....waste disposal has never been this bad....okada riders tormenting road users have never been this many....lcc toll fees have never been this high ever....houses have never been so harshly and humanely demolished....any small thing...lagosians are quick to say the governor has performed. If y'all know how much Lagos makes and the paltry things they list for you as achievements, then you will realise lagosians are some of the most docile, gullible and unintelligent set of people worldwide. Just check the performance of other States in Africa VI's a VI's their income...then u ll understand.

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Storms Out Of GAC Meeting - Vanguard by OROSUNBOLB(m): 1:15pm On Sep 30, 2018
gaby:
I'm truly beginning to believe that there is something inherently not right with Ambode.

An almost 100% gang-up of this nature would be technically impossible for an incumbent Governor who is truly open, approachable and acceptable by all party faithful. It's even difficult to pinpoint anyone standing with him aside from the opposition waiting to capitalize on his misfortune to try exploiting it.

He's apparently not a politician but an administrator.

I feel sorry for him though, but at least he is settled and will live to be referred to as an ex-Governor of Lasgidi.

Enjoy my siggy

I or anyone couldn't have said it better. The salient point to note, as you have rightly observed, is that Ambode is not a politician; a good administrator though.
Re: Ambode Storms Out Of GAC Meeting - Vanguard by showafrica(m): 1:15pm On Sep 30, 2018
Benekruku:

Share one with me

Decamping is totally out of it am sure cos that will spell doom for him in less than 48hours after defection

So tell me...

I am not in his position at the moment... I AM JUST AGAINST HIM STRUGGLING TO TAKE PICTURE WITH APC ELITTES. Advise him to look for another way to stay relevant. Apc does not want him... Does he need a Nairaland person to tell him.?
Re: Ambode Storms Out Of GAC Meeting - Vanguard by murmee: 1:18pm On Sep 30, 2018
AFONJACOW:
one man ruling entire Yoruba land with iron fist despite their Sophistication .... Afonja are weaklings
Which Yoruba land are you talking about? Does Tinubu have any power in Ondo state? What is his power in Ogun state where you have Obasanjo and Amosun?

Did Tinubu has any say or influence in Oyo state when Baba Adedibu was alive? And even now, he does not call the shots there. For your information, it was the entire APC party structure (especially Abuja) that campaigned for Fayemi and made sure he won the Ekiti elections.

Tinubu's kingdom is only Lagos and even that will soon come to an end!
Re: Ambode Storms Out Of GAC Meeting - Vanguard by geraob1: 1:20pm On Sep 30, 2018
Hotfreeze:

Which God is with Ambode? Shuku Obuko Eponmalu or the pythons you worship in your backward cave?

Ambode sacked and humiliated a man of God and God is punishing him for that. I suggest you don't put mouth so that God won't punish you too.

Shut it with that man of God bull
Poo
Re: Ambode Storms Out Of GAC Meeting - Vanguard by murmee: 1:25pm On Sep 30, 2018
Hotfreeze:

Let Ambode contest under any party, he'll be beaten.

Even if he contests under APC in Lagos, he'll be beaten.
If that is the case, why is the Lagos APC asking him to step down? The Governor said he is ready for the Primaries. Let him contest and allow the whole world to see whether or not he would be beaten!
Re: Ambode Storms Out Of GAC Meeting - Vanguard by Rexnegro(m): 1:26pm On Sep 30, 2018
Iwanttoto:

Itire road. Lawanson rd. Kudirat abiola road. Ado_langbasa rd. Etc
thanks for the correction I appreciate
Re: Ambode Storms Out Of GAC Meeting - Vanguard by Nobody: 1:38pm On Sep 30, 2018
gaby:
I'm truly beginning to believe that there is something inherently not right with Ambode.

An almost 100% gang-up of this nature would be technically impossible for an incumbent Governor who is truly open, approachable and acceptable by all party faithful. It's even difficult to pinpoint anyone standing with him aside from the opposition waiting to capitalize on his misfortune to try exploiting it.

I feel sorry for him though, but at least he is settled and will live to be referred to as an ex-Governor of Lasgidi.

Enjoy my siggy

He was misled by his greedy friends and sycophants to hijack the party from the same people who fought tooth and nail to put him there. He shot himself In the foot.
Re: Ambode Storms Out Of GAC Meeting - Vanguard by murmee: 1:39pm On Sep 30, 2018
insperyadyou:
Honestly, this Ambode is not strong-willed. To deal with Tinubu, you must act like Fashola the former governor. When Fashola told Tinubu that "with or without him" he was going to win the second term, Tinubu knew Fashola was a no-nonsense man. To avoid humiliation later, Tinubu went ahead to endorse him publicly. As if that was not enough, Tinubu never wanted Fashola to be Minister but Fashola still became. Fashola was very dogged and believed this Lagos is not only for Tinubu. But Ambode is too humble and Loyal. They know his "Achilles heel". They are saying what can he do, Mr weakling. For crying out Loud, Ambode, you are still the number one in Lagos, an incumbent at that. Summon up courage and tell Tinubu even if it means by action that "with or without you, I am not stepping down". All the security and mercenaries are still at your disposal. Many people from all the ethnic tribes resident in Lagos still like you. At worst, you move to another party unless they can convince the whole Lagosians what crimes against humanity you have committed.
They first of all threatened him with Direct primaries, after begging severally, the Governor summoned courage and said he is ready to go along with their primaries. The next thing we are hearing is that the Party wants him to step down or face impeachment. Why!
Re: Ambode Storms Out Of GAC Meeting - Vanguard by felaismyhero(m): 1:43pm On Sep 30, 2018
Hotfreeze:

Which God is with Ambode? Shuku Obuko Eponmalu or the pythons you worship in your backward cave?

Ambode sacked and humiliated a man of God and God is punishing him for that. I suggest you don't put mouth so that God won't punish you too.
which foolish god is punishing him? oh! or u mean tinubu is a god?.tinubu is a human being politically bullying another human ambode.
Re: Ambode Storms Out Of GAC Meeting - Vanguard by reuben79: 1:48pm On Sep 30, 2018
d end of tinubu is very near in lagos........
Re: Ambode Storms Out Of GAC Meeting - Vanguard by AlhajaChinyere: 1:52pm On Sep 30, 2018
Homguy:
funny! Tribalism is worse than Racism. Go figure!

The only people shouting tribalism are igbos? Why?
Re: Ambode Storms Out Of GAC Meeting - Vanguard by AlhajaChinyere: 1:56pm On Sep 30, 2018
RTSC:

And the sad thing is that he is on his own.
A tribalist to the core.
Introducing Yoruba language as a prerequisite like the slowpoke that he is.
Even tinubu did not do that nonsense.

The pdp should steer clear of him.

Give otedola their ticket and let see where the cookie falls.

Keep shouting lagos is no mans land, there is more to come.

Dumb heads should be constantly reminded that Lagos is Yorubaland.

Your children must learn yoruba by fire by force. If you don't like it go back to Alaigbo.
Re: Ambode Storms Out Of GAC Meeting - Vanguard by AlhajaChinyere: 1:59pm On Sep 30, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

So many ridiculous falsehoods here, I don't even know where to start from. Fashola concentrated development and yet, it's Ambode that has not concentrated development, abi? Ask anybody that lives in any communities along the Amuwo-Odofin/Ojo/Badagry axis from Mile 2 down to Badagry if they knew a Lagos state government existed over Ambode' entire tenure. Particularly Fashola's projects that he abandoned to chase his own vanities commissioning bus stops everywhere around Lagos and a few flyovers. On some days, you'd be lucky to make it in 6 hours to Mile 2 from Agbara: a journey that shouldn't take up to an hour. We're talking only about the expressways, and let's not even start on the inner roads in the communities owned by the state.

Ambode's privatizations had nothing to do with efficiency and everything to do with venality and corruption. He has run a far more opaque government than Fashola before him and you can't even scrutinize the state's finances and his administration brazenly dismiss FOI requests. He sidelined powerful political interests in the state to empower a new set of powerful political interests beholden to him. Trying to claim he did this with altruistic intent is laughable when he continues to run an administration with zero accountability or transparency.

It's funny you're playing the "Ipob" card now with Ambode. The reality is Ambode has been held in suspicion by many Igbos in Lagos, but these Igbos dislike Tinubu even more, so suddenly, when Ambode falls out with Tinubu, they immediately hitch their wagons to Ambode and become big supporters. It's the same, old trick: embracing any Yoruba opposed to the Tinubu political machine (Fani Kayode, Fayose, Saraki, Adeleke etc) and pretending it has anything to do with substantive politics.

For the record, Tinubu is a cancer on Lagos politics, in my opinion. Just don't come here trying to whitewash Ambode's record as if we don't have eyes.

Obi of Onitcha, you spoke well but this is yoruba matter. Ok? So shut it! Or better still port back to Igboland.
Re: Ambode Storms Out Of GAC Meeting - Vanguard by AlhajaChinyere: 2:00pm On Sep 30, 2018
reuben79:
d end of tinubu is very near in lagos........

Yeah says you!
Re: Ambode Storms Out Of GAC Meeting - Vanguard by TrueNigerian300: 2:09pm On Sep 30, 2018
Sanchez01:

Fashola is heading three ministries now, of which power is one and housing is another. When was the last time you heard this administration talk about Federal Housing Scheme or improvement in power supply? These are ministries headed by Fashola with little or no impact felt. It's as if he has faded into oblivion despite handling three ministries.

Fashola did well in Lagos, no doubt but BAT had already done the dirty work for Fashola to sail his administration.

So please, kindly take out the part of your post I emboldened because he hasn't achieved 23% out of a 100 despite the three ministries he is handling at the federal level.

Well I still maintain my stand and if you look at it critically you will know that it is a different thing entirely as far as the federal level is concerned. Moreso I am personally of the opinion that NOBODY can fix Nigeria with its current structure. Take it or leave it that is the bitter truth.

Now back to the ministries he is heading. Have you asked yourself how much budget is allocated to his ministries? Have you looked into how big Nigeria is and what those budget can achieve? Have you asked yourself how much work are to be done with the limited resources? Are you aware your law makers cut the budget for lagos-ibadan expressway, Niger-bridge etc just because your law makers are interested in petty projects like bore holes, sewing machines etc and ultimately due to the regions where those projects are sighted. Did you watch his budget defence and his comment after this act? How many Nigerians stood by him against the law makers? I will have to stop here as that is how complex the Nigeria situation is.

Have you seen how he motivated Dangote to build the Apapa road under PPP agreement, same for Niger bridge etc all to maximize his limited resources. Do you actually understand how power is generated, Distributed and Transported? Look I am not making execuses for his failure on some parts but ofcourse you cant control what is beyond your power. Have you considered how many people/districts/region want to be served at the same time without considering the limited resources.Bros I tire for Naija mata but I maintain my stand that he is an excellent public administrator and one we are yet to see dead or alive.

Peace boss!!!
Re: Ambode Storms Out Of GAC Meeting - Vanguard by Hemanwel(m): 2:14pm On Sep 30, 2018
This life...
Is this not the same Ambode who had perfect hatred for other tribes (particularly Igbos) that is now been supported by Igbos, in this trying times? He came up with a lot of policies that would suppress other tribes in the state. Now his kinsmen have deserted him.
Re: Ambode Storms Out Of GAC Meeting - Vanguard by Ashmark(m): 2:22pm On Sep 30, 2018
wristbangle:

Bro, Have you forgotten Fashola flushed and clean the whole of surulere? Muritala way in Yaba, Some section of Ikeja, Ogba, Agege, Fagba, etc.

I did not forget...

But he did that during second term.

Fashola concentrate more on the highland during first term.

Ambode, has not done anything so wrong that he should not go for second term except that he offend Tinubu..

We are in Nigeria where if you are doing something good, people will hate you but if you are doing bad people will like you.
Re: Ambode Storms Out Of GAC Meeting - Vanguard by Homguy(m): 2:28pm On Sep 30, 2018
AlhajaChinyere:

The only people shouting tribalism are igbos? Why?
Since you are igbo, you should answer that.
Re: Ambode Storms Out Of GAC Meeting - Vanguard by stickle(m): 2:32pm On Sep 30, 2018
the issue about Tinubu does not seems like one way traffic to me. he has alot of things going for him and as human that he is, some not too good ones
ever since the death of Pa Awo, yorubas have not had any other rally point in leadership untill Tinubu came on board. Tinubu paid the price for what he is enjoying today. i think it should interest people how he is able to command followership across states, something that some ex-presidents dont command. he has brought development to lagos state and brought yorubas to centre in governance.
Like him or hate him, Tinubu is a political genius. when he realised that not re-presenting fashola was going to be costly he backdown. it's now ambode, i trust him to do what is right. YORUBA AA GBE WA OO, AMIN
Re: Ambode Storms Out Of GAC Meeting - Vanguard by Homguy(m): 2:33pm On Sep 30, 2018
Ashmark:

I did not forget...

But he did that during second term.

Fashola concentrate more on the highland during first term.

Ambode, has not done anything so wrong that he should not go for second term except that he offend Tinubu..

We are in Nigeria where if you are doing something good, people will hate you but if you are doing bad people will like you.
so Fashola did bad that was why he had support for second term?
Re: Ambode Storms Out Of GAC Meeting - Vanguard by kpompey: 2:38pm On Sep 30, 2018
gaby:

Enjoy my siggy

Cos d guy block them syphoning tax payers money
Re: Ambode Storms Out Of GAC Meeting - Vanguard by Kenswitch(m): 2:52pm On Sep 30, 2018
grin cool
Re: Ambode Storms Out Of GAC Meeting - Vanguard by Wiseandtrue(f): 3:15pm On Sep 30, 2018
PercyJackSon007:

Do you live in Lagos ? The reason they can do this is Ambode is not as popular among the voters as some might think. If he was as popular as Fashola in 2011 APC wouldn't have tried this .
He is not popular Then let the primaries decide!

Why is APC asking him to stand down

Ambode's performance is nowhere near Fashola's so also is Tinubu's but he is the leader today

Tinubu is in no position to cast the stone

Let the primaries decide then let the people speak!

I am not saying that this is the best Ambode could do, he could do better but where he does not, the law has the people who can definitely take care of that!

1 Like

Re: Ambode Storms Out Of GAC Meeting - Vanguard by OGHENAOGIE(m): 3:41pm On Sep 30, 2018
wristbangle:

It's because you're not living in Lagos. Ambode is a step down from Fashola and Tinubu performance.

Are you telling me you are pleased with the environment filth and poor road condition in the state?

Fashola was at loggerhead with Jagaban but his excellent performance spoke for him.
the road in my area an industrial estate has not been done since d era of tinubu wetin ina de talk... Moreover if ambode fail apc has fail let's give another party and candidate d opportunity enough of apc wahala

1 Like

Re: Ambode Storms Out Of GAC Meeting - Vanguard by crownson(m): 4:08pm On Sep 30, 2018
grin
Re: Ambode Storms Out Of GAC Meeting - Vanguard by millhouse: 4:50pm On Sep 30, 2018
Sanchez01:

It's because they have a different plan for him. If he contests against Sanwolu, considering the latest trend he'll lose in every area.

The whole thing is to avoid humiliation.
the man has decided he will take the loss gracefully.. why are they worried about that .. is it their own loss ? They have backed their candidate so what are they afraid of ? I thought Tinubu said direct primaries is the way to go as he doesn’t want to impose any candidate.. then is it one candidate that contest in a direct primaries ? I am wondering please explain
Re: Ambode Storms Out Of GAC Meeting - Vanguard by Ashmark(m): 4:54pm On Sep 30, 2018
Homguy:
so Fashola did bad that was why he had support for second term?

Because Tinubu supported him.

If it was not Tinubu having issues with Ambode there won't be any issue.

At this point we all need to come to agreement that the masses vote does not really count. The Godfatherism is the key to winning election
Re: Ambode Storms Out Of GAC Meeting - Vanguard by Tareq1105: 5:04pm On Sep 30, 2018
dafemnet:
Tinubu's reign is coming to an end in lagos.I said it first here,God is with Ambode.

My guy, Ambode made some mistakes and you know politicians don't forgive. They wait for the appropriate time to get back at you.

I knew of all these since 2016. My sister in law who works in the local government told me that Ambode would have problems along the lines unless he changed his system of running the state.

Politics is about people.

It's about the program of your party. It's also about the people, party elders, the councillors, Council chairmen, house of assembly members, commissioners, and your workers.

It is your ability to manage these forces that makes you a governor.

Ambode himself knew and he has admitted he made mistakes but it seems it's too late for him now because he didn't realize it on time.

As it is now, it's too late to say sorry.
Re: Ambode Storms Out Of GAC Meeting - Vanguard by Tareq1105: 5:08pm On Sep 30, 2018
OGHENAOGIE:
the road in my area an industrial estate has not been done since d era of tinubu wetin ina de talk... Moreover if ambode fail apc has fail let's give another party and candidate d opportunity enough of apc wahala

Yes another party but not PDP

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Patience And Goodluck Jonathan On A Date In New Jersey / Photos From The Burial Ceremony Of Audu Abubakar / 2023: Tinubu Reacts As Buhari Reveals Candidates He Will Support

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.