Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,151 members, 7,811,292 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:30 AM

"I Am Having Stomach Ulcer, How Can I Manage It?" - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / "I Am Having Stomach Ulcer, How Can I Manage It?" (39285 Views)

Help Having Stomach Problem / HELP: How Do I Manage Bleeding Hemorrhoids? / Having Stomach Fat? This Sweat Belt Will Help You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "I Am Having Stomach Ulcer, How Can I Manage It?" by EngtTemmy(m): 10:21am On Sep 16, 2020
[quote author=Elliot2 post=93949505][/quote]
I don't know the name?
Re: "I Am Having Stomach Ulcer, How Can I Manage It?" by DaCharis2016: 8:01am On Oct 17, 2020
LuciferKristi:

Ulcer has no drug. It will take your eating habits to cure it.

Before you begin, know this: Ulcer is just an injury in the stomach lining.
It is very important you know this.

1. what do you do to internal injuries?
Nothing. You let them heal naturally since you cannot drink iodine or chew cotton wool.

2. what causes the searing pain you feel?
This happens when objects brush against the injury. Worms, food particles & stomach acids can cause this which explains why the pain is severe a few minutes after you eat (during digestion).
Pain can also occur when worms brush against the injury so you need to de-worm yourself like every 3 to 4 months to reduce the probability / frequency that they will.
Also, eat very early in the morning as the worms will start eating your stomach linings if they don't find food (probably how the injury started in the first place).

3. what foods should I avoid / reduce?
Pepperish foods trigger the pain (imagine rubbing pepper on a leg wound). Aha.
grin
Reduce or stop alcohol.

4. what remedies should I use?
Fruits. Simple.
Eat more fruits. They help to heal it faster. Fruits like bananas, cabbages etc.
Milk & honey also do a good job. They don't trigger the pain & they provide a form of coating to the injury.
Increase your protein intake. Beans, fish, meat etc to help heal the injury faster.

In addition,
Never go hungry. Know that you're eating for two reasons.

1. For nutrition
2. To keep the worms at bay. They start crawling all over when they can't find food so munch on anything you find.

Eat small meals / snacks /fruits frequently.

Follow these tips & it will leave in a few months.

If I remember anything else, I'll update.
Great write up �

Have you got any update? My mom is having same challenge.
Re: "I Am Having Stomach Ulcer, How Can I Manage It?" by Babysho(m): 10:46pm On Jan 14, 2021
Akpacha:
Something working for my wife, might sound strange to u, we used all manners of drugs, not until some one recommended un ripe plantain, peel it soak it in bottle water cover it to ferment for 2days. Be taking d water. It working for my wife and I mean it.

How long did she have to take it?
Re: "I Am Having Stomach Ulcer, How Can I Manage It?" by Babysho(m): 10:54pm On Jan 14, 2021
Elliot2:
d pawpaw n unripe plantain didn't work for me,neither d drugs esp antacid. would av snapped dis leaf i eat recently that someone showed me. over 10yrs case cured. .
Brother. Please what's the name of the leaf? I've tried everything and it's gotten worse that I can't breathe well anymore.
Please try to find out for me please my life is at stake.
Re: "I Am Having Stomach Ulcer, How Can I Manage It?" by Elliot2(m): 11:00pm On Jan 14, 2021
Babysho:

Brother. Please what's the name of the leaf? I've tried everything and it's gotten worse that I can't breathe well anymore.
I am so sorry about your pains.
Re: "I Am Having Stomach Ulcer, How Can I Manage It?" by Babysho(m): 11:21pm On Jan 14, 2021
awa:
@Poster,

I can really understand what you are passing through like me. Peptic Ulcer pains has taken a lot of money from me and the discomfort is driving me weak a times and it looks as if there is no where out despite all effort made. I have been taking Omeparazole and other PPIs to no avail.

I have done natural medicines, call it Kedi, Forever and Fowhow still the stomach pains and heartburn are just there. I have undergone several Endoscopes for upper GI still they keep saying GERD. The pains is just out of proportion.

NL Doctors please more suggestions

Brother, I was going through the entire thread and I paused at yours. I knew someone out there had to truly understand my pain and you do. I have used everything. Local, Ibile, International you name it. I even went to the best hospital in Lagos. Tests upon test. At this point my sickness has become so severe that I'm having difficulty breathing.

Have you found any true cure??
Re: "I Am Having Stomach Ulcer, How Can I Manage It?" by Babysho(m): 11:25pm On Jan 14, 2021
domino4211:
I love you embarassed I am currently suffering from a terrible candida overgrowth..doctors kept prescribing antibiotics without letting me know the side effects...Now am so scared of antibiotics..a single dose can land me in the hospital..do you have any idea on how to cope with an intestinal fungal infection?..

Me too. I used way too much antibiotics without even using Probiotics. Ordinary malaria makes me faint. And I currently have to use inhalers because I can't breathe properly anymore. Did you find a cure?
Re: "I Am Having Stomach Ulcer, How Can I Manage It?" by Elliot2(m): 4:46pm On Jan 15, 2021
Babysho:

check the previous page for the leaf. chew five leafs trice daily.
Re: "I Am Having Stomach Ulcer, How Can I Manage It?" by Babysho(m): 5:09pm On Jan 15, 2021
Elliot2:
check the previous page for the leaf. chew five leafs trice daily.
Yes I saw it but nobody seems to know what leaf it is. Thanks for trying

1 Like

Re: "I Am Having Stomach Ulcer, How Can I Manage It?" by Elliot2(m): 5:33pm On Jan 15, 2021
Babysho:

Ok. It is flower plant used as decorations in most compounds. Where do you stay?
Re: "I Am Having Stomach Ulcer, How Can I Manage It?" by Elliot2(m): 5:38pm On Jan 15, 2021
Babysho:

I suffered stomach ulcer for over ten years and so I understand your pains. I found the leaf and fried groundnuts treatment on a herbal forum. It work for my and a lot of people I have shown.
Re: "I Am Having Stomach Ulcer, How Can I Manage It?" by Elliot2(m): 5:40pm On Jan 15, 2021
DaCharis2016:
Great write up �

Have you got any update? My mom is having same challenge.
Check the previous page and find the leaf I posted, eat five or six of them with fried groundnut.
Re: "I Am Having Stomach Ulcer, How Can I Manage It?" by Babysho(m): 10:07am On Jan 16, 2021
Elliot2:
Ok. It is flower plant used as decorations in most compounds. Where do you stay?
I'm in Ikorodu Lagos
Re: "I Am Having Stomach Ulcer, How Can I Manage It?" by DaCharis2016: 10:33am On Jan 16, 2021
Elliot2:
Check the previous page and find the leaf I posted, eat five or six of them with fried groundnut.
I can'tidentify the plant
Re: "I Am Having Stomach Ulcer, How Can I Manage It?" by Elliot2(m): 5:34pm On Jan 16, 2021
DaCharis2016:
I can'tidentify the plant
ok. I can get it sent to u, including the stems so u can plant it. It is a popular plant found in homes as flower. My camera quality is not doing justice.

1 Like

Re: "I Am Having Stomach Ulcer, How Can I Manage It?" by Elliot2(m): 5:35pm On Jan 16, 2021
Babysho:

I'm in Ikorodu Lagos
ok. I can get it sent to u, including the stems so u can plant it. It is a popular plant found in homes as flower. My camera quality is not doing justice.
Re: "I Am Having Stomach Ulcer, How Can I Manage It?" by Babysho(m): 9:18pm On Jan 16, 2021
Elliot2:

Oh wow that would be great if you could do that
Re: "I Am Having Stomach Ulcer, How Can I Manage It?" by DaCharis2016: 11:15am On Jan 17, 2021
Elliot2:
Ok. Try video let's see.
Re: "I Am Having Stomach Ulcer, How Can I Manage It?" by Elliot2(m): 12:24pm On Jan 17, 2021
DaCharis2016:
Ok. Try video let's see.
drop WhatsApp number
Re: "I Am Having Stomach Ulcer, How Can I Manage It?" by Elliot2(m): 12:32pm On Jan 17, 2021
EngtTemmy:
I don't know the name?
Are you okay from it now?
Re: "I Am Having Stomach Ulcer, How Can I Manage It?" by BirdPHS: 3:19pm On Jan 17, 2021
The best thing you can do is to change your eating habit.
You will be fine.

I only treat genital warts.
Re: "I Am Having Stomach Ulcer, How Can I Manage It?" by DaCharis2016: 6:29pm On Jan 17, 2021
Elliot2:
drop WhatsApp number
Re: "I Am Having Stomach Ulcer, How Can I Manage It?" by ladychioma: 10:54pm On Jan 19, 2021
Been going through this for a month now, deprived me of all joy, the pain is smarting, please do you have any idea on how I will go about it. Your suggestions are welcomed.
Get unripe pawpaw, peal it, cut into pieces and soak in water for 4 days. Then throw the fermented pawpaw and keep the concentrate. Drink one glass in the morning and one at night for two weeks.
If you don't understand, you can ask me questions for further explanations.
Re: "I Am Having Stomach Ulcer, How Can I Manage It?" by Babysho(m): 6:00pm On May 04, 2021
GerogeI:

So leaving off a lot of the fables. You need to first understand you problems.
Internal wounds like ulcer are hard to heal cause the effect of reduced oxygen.
Oxygen is very important for wound to heal. But the effect of cells dying off in healing process produces oxygen radicals that cause inflammation and prevent healing.

So one way of treating hard to heal wounds is with antioxidants to prevent the accumulation of the free radicals. So am saying that free oxygen scavenging agents can help you heal internal wounds such as ulcer much faster. They prevent or remove free oxygen radicals, and allow the wound to heal.

Free oxygen radicals Scavengers are basically plant products that are very rich in antioxidant vitamins. A good example is beetroot. The red juice is a rich antioxidant. Boil it and drink the sweet blood red juice infused water. Eat the roots as well, and your ulcer can heal in about 2 months. Take small sips often. You can put the water in a bottle and chill it for easy short swings. But more importantly, the pangs will reduce as inflammation causing free radicals are reduced.

Pawpaw or papaya is also listed as having anti oxidants, but I do not think it is as rich as beetroots.

Any other source of high dose of antioxidants can also work. I am only certain of beetroot. You can find beetroot in Shop right or other malls.

Hello, thank you so much for your input. Are you a doctor or scientist?
I've had ulcer for about a year + now and it's been hellish.
Although, I'm feeling a lot better today but I'm still having minor issues.

>>>6 months into developing ulcer, I started having migraines and dizziness 24/7. They don't stop no matter what I use. I still have them.

>>>8 months into developing ulcer, I started having shortness of breath 24/7. It feels like I lack oxygen in my stomach. It gets worse whenever I eat. I also wake up every morning feeling extremely hot and I get sweaty even on a cool day. (Prior to developing ulcer I've never had any breathing issues or even headaches that last 5 mins)

>>> Right now, I'm feeling all that above and still having acid reflux. Although, my ulcer pain is at a minimum.

Do you think any of these are related to what you said about antioxidants and oxygen radicals??
Re: "I Am Having Stomach Ulcer, How Can I Manage It?" by GerogeI(m): 11:08pm On May 04, 2021
Babysho:

Hello, thank you so much for your input. Are you a doctor or scientist?
I've had ulcer for about a year + now and it's been hellish.
Although, I'm feeling a lot better today but I'm still having minor issues.

>>>6 months into developing ulcer, I started having migraines and dizziness 24/7. They don't stop no matter what I use. I still have them.

>>>8 months into developing ulcer, I started having shortness of breath 24/7. It feels like I lack oxygen in my stomach. It gets worse whenever I eat. I also wake up every morning feeling extremely hot and I get sweaty even on a cool day. (Prior to developing ulcer I've never had any breathing issues or even headaches that last 5 mins)

>>> Right now, I'm feeling all that above and still having acid reflux. Although, my ulcer pain is at a minimum.

Do you think any of these are related to what you said about antioxidants and oxygen radicals??

Bro, Am not a Doctor.
But once had ulcer. There are several kind and various securities. Usually complications from bacterial H. Pylori which ironically is encouraged by proton Pump inhibitors.

I do not think you have Ulcer, ulcer is mostly pain in the stomach. You can also have shortness of breath if you have leaking gut.
Leaking gut is when the sphinx muscles that prevent stomach contents rising to the gut does not close well or fully. It's like the muscles of your anus. So when it does not close well due to bloating from ulcer or over weight etc, stomach acid rises into your guts, causing you chest burn and shortness of breath. But this will only occur when you lie down, especially at night.

In your case, I think you have some sort of infection. So best go see a doctor for tests. Typhoid, malaria, etc can all cause stomach pains and shortness of breath, especially typhoid. Mild fever, thats your feeling hot is also a symptom.

Cheers and get well soon.

1 Like

Re: "I Am Having Stomach Ulcer, How Can I Manage It?" by Babysho(m): 11:44pm On May 04, 2021
GerogeI:

Bro, Am not a Doctor.
But once had ulcer. There are several kind and various securities. Usually complications from bacterial H. Pylori which ironically is encouraged by proton Pump inhibitors.

I do not think you have Ulcer, ulcer is mostly pain in the stomach. You can also have shortness of breath if you have leaking gut.
Leaking gut is when the sphinx muscles that prevent stomach contents rising to the gut does not close well or fully. It's like the muscles of your anus. So when it does not close well due to bloating from ulcer or over weight etc, stomach acid rises into your guts, causing you chest burn and shortness of breath. But this will only occur when you lie down, especially at night.

In your case, I think you have some sort of infection. So best go see a doctor for tests. Typhoid, malaria, etc can all cause stomach pains and shortness of breath, especially typhoid. Mild fever, thats your feeling hot is also a symptom.

Cheers and get well soon.

Thank you.
I did have ulcer and ulcer symptoms and using antacid, ppi and herbs made me feel better.

I feel the shortness of breath and migraine 24/7 and not when I lay down. I have tested for everything and treated everything. The test results say I'm fine.

I didn't have any acid reflux for about 2 months now until something I ate last week triggered my ulcer pain and also the acid reflux. During all of these periods, reflux or not, my shortness of breath and migraine has remained. Didn't ever stop or reduce.

I have an app on my phone that allows me monitor my heart rate. It has been reading 94bpm + for months now when my brother is reading below 80bpm. I reached an all time high of 96bpm today. (I'm still not too sure about it's credibility)

I want to go to a hospital but I've spent so much money and time at Nigerian hospitals for me to know Nigerian doctors too are just using idea and trial and error.

That aside, I'm wondering now if shortness of breath and constant deadly migraines are a common symptom of high heart rate? (Heart rate is different from blood pressure)

And also, are you saying there's no chance in the world that my symptoms could be due to lack of oxygen in my body?
Because in my head everything you explained about the ulcer not being able to completely heal due to lack of oxygen literally feels like my situation right now. No matter how healthy I've been, I always feel like I'm one plate of beans away from going back to full blown ulcer pains.

1 Like

Re: "I Am Having Stomach Ulcer, How Can I Manage It?" by taytee(m): 12:21am On May 05, 2021
Whatsapp 0-9--0-2-8-1-8-3-0-3-9

The solution is made from Nunteen fruit..

� Assurance
Re: "I Am Having Stomach Ulcer, How Can I Manage It?" by GerogeI(m): 8:57am On May 06, 2021
Babysho:

Thank you.
I did have ulcer and ulcer symptoms and using antacid, ppi and herbs made me feel better.

I feel the shortness of breath and migraine 24/7 and not when I lay down. I have tested for everything and treated everything. The test results say I'm fine.

I didn't have any acid reflux for about 2 months now until something I ate last week triggered my ulcer pain and also the acid reflux. During all of these periods, reflux or not, my shortness of breath and migraine has remained. Didn't ever stop or reduce.

I have an app on my phone that allows me monitor my heart rate. It has been reading 94bpm + for months now when my brother is reading below 80bpm. I reached an all time high of 96bpm today. (I'm still not too sure about it's credibility)

I want to go to a hospital but I've spent so much money and time at Nigerian hospitals for me to know Nigerian doctors too are just using idea and trial and error.

That aside, I'm wondering now if shortness of breath and constant deadly migraines are a common symptom of high heart rate? (Heart rate is different from blood pressure)

And also, are you saying there's no chance in the world that my symptoms could be due to lack of oxygen in my body?
Because in my head everything you explained about the ulcer not being able to completely heal due to lack of oxygen literally feels like my situation right now. No matter how healthy I've been, I always feel like I'm one plate of beans away from going back to full blown ulcer pains.

Ok, if you have done tests, then treat the symptoms until you can get better medical help.

You mis understood the oxygen explanation. Your body insides is like a closed bottle, so has limited oxygen. I do not mean that you do not have oxygen in your blood. Just the ambient air inside your body is not oxygen rich.

What I suggest is .
1. Treat the ulcer using beetroot, keep taking it for 2 weeks even when the pain is gone.

2. Look for a good pro- biotic. Preferably made in UK. It can be costly, like 7- 15k. You can get from any pharmacy in the main malls. This will try to restore normal bacteria population and distribution in your stomach. Especially if you have been treating the ulcer with antibiotics and proton pump inhibitors

3. For your shortness of breath. Start working out. Start very easy but regularly at first. if you do 9-5 job, wake up 5 am, go running for 1 hour before going to work. Start with brisk walking and upgrade to harder runs as you feel better in weeks and months. Best way for this is to inter mix, running and walking, say 3-5min each. You will burn calories, clear a bit of cholesterol, and your body might just reverse what ever the problem is if it is a metabolism issue.
Please note that overly exercising while feeling shortness of breath could make you collapse, so easy.

Nothing I mentioned is a drug am not a doctor, but supplements and lifestyle change. At least they will help you cope while you look for medical solution.

Also understand that you gut system has the highest concentration of nerves, after your brain. Do things happening in your stomach can be showing up as seemingly unrelated symptoms in some other place, like the migraine.

Also screen yourself for diabetes risks and food intolerance like lactose, fructose, etc. Keep a food log, so you know things to avoid.

1 Like

Re: "I Am Having Stomach Ulcer, How Can I Manage It?" by Babysho(m): 11:31pm On May 06, 2021
GerogeI:

Ok, if you have done tests, then treat the symptoms until you can get better medical help.

You mis understood the oxygen explanation. Your body insides is like a closed bottle, so has limited oxygen. I do not mean that you do not have oxygen in your blood. Just the ambient air inside your body is not oxygen rich.

What I suggest is .
1. Treat the ulcer using beetroot, keep taking it for 2 weeks even when the pain is gone.

2. Look for a good pro- biotic. Preferably made in UK. It can be costly, like 7- 15k. You can get from any pharmacy in the main malls. This will try to restore normal bacteria population and distribution in your stomach. Especially if you have been treating the ulcer with antibiotics and proton pump inhibitors

3. For your shortness of breath. Start working out. Start very easy but regularly at first. if you do 9-5 job, wake up 5 am, go running for 1 hour before going to work. Start with brisk walking and upgrade to harder runs as you feel better in weeks and months. Best way for this is to inter mix, running and walking, say 3-5min each. You will burn calories, clear a bit of cholesterol, and your body might just reverse what ever the problem is if it is a metabolism issue.
Please note that overly exercising while feeling shortness of breath could make you collapse, so easy.

Nothing I mentioned is a drug am not a doctor, but supplements and lifestyle change. At least they will help you cope while you look for medical solution.

Also understand that you gut system has the highest concentration of nerves, after your brain. Do things happening in your stomach can be showing up as seemingly unrelated symptoms in some other place, like the migraine.

Also screen yourself for diabetes risks and food intolerance like lactose, fructose, etc. Keep a food log, so you know things to avoid.

You have been so helpful. Thank you very much! I'll definitely work towards getting these done. Thank you again!

1 Like

Re: "I Am Having Stomach Ulcer, How Can I Manage It?" by abysirius(m): 11:45am On Jun 20, 2021
Are u a chemist, medical doctor or pharmacist?

1- Pure Honey

2- Pure Honey + grinded black cumin seed, ( mix together)
Aboki Islamic chemist get the seed very cheap

3- peak milk + penicillin, mix together, it will turn red, close eyes, drink am in one go, your taste bud will be tasteless for 24 hours though.

I recommend number 2, I know some1 who used it & the ulcer don disappear after one week. choice is yours
Re: "I Am Having Stomach Ulcer, How Can I Manage It?" by Kinghillc: 4:52pm On Jul 09, 2021
Babysho:

Thank you.

I just started reading from this thread and i think I’m having the same issue as discussed here. Please I want to know how you handled it!
Re: "I Am Having Stomach Ulcer, How Can I Manage It?" by Babysho(m): 9:56am On Jul 10, 2021
Kinghillc:

I just started reading from this thread and i think I’m having the same issue as discussed here. Please I want to know how you handled it!
I'm still having those headaches and shortness of breath. Close to 2 years now.

Some days ago, I was at a cinema and it was very cold in there and I noticed I couldn't breathe at all so when I got out I felt this stabbing pain in my left chest. The pain goes from my front to my back. And I've been like this for 4 days. I think it's pneumonia I've had all along. Illiterate Nigerian doctors I met years back waved it away when I told them it could be pneumonia simply because I wasn't coughing.

I remember vividly that while I was taking antibiotics for my ulcer, my immune system probably became weak and I was in AC cranked to the highest at home 24/7 during lockdown.

I'm taking Cipro now for it but I think my body is immune to Cipro or something because it's not working and I used a lot of it in the past. The new doc I met said he thinks I've been having that shortness of breath/headaches without coughing because I treated pneumonia from time to time with antibiotics but I didn't treat it fully.
Do you expose yourself to cold? Were you in the rain? AC at work? You sleep with the fan really close to your chest? Drink cold water a lot?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Bitter Kola Boosts Libido, Beats Osteoarthritis, Researchers Confirm / Gloria Asuquo - HIV Infection Is A Blessing To Me / You Are Not Doctors! Nigerian Man Who Nearly Died From Error Blasts Pharmacists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.