Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,441 members, 7,816,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:19 PM

Who Goes To Heaven? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Goes To Heaven? (1667 Views)

Prophet Emeka Onu Lists Food That Can Take One To Heaven And Hell (Video) / Nigerian Lady Goes To Church With A Gun (Photos) / What Goes To Heaven Or Hell, Is It Body,soul Or Spirit. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Goes To Heaven? by Hier(m): 8:50am On Oct 09, 2018
Some things are difficult to understand, not because they can't be understood, but because it takes time and much of reading to understand them.

God is a Spirit, and He looks at our Spirit. If a man goes to heaven of Hell, its based on the state of his Spirit as at the point of death. If our spirit is clean, we come to heaven, if its dirty, hell is the direction.

The question is, is Man born with a clean spirit and what makes the Spirit dirty and how does the dirty spirit transforms into a clean one.

Well, religion is about understanding the spiritual realm and how they influence the physical. I believe I'm saying too much. Anyway, the Bible said it all,

1 John 5:11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 5:12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

If you don't have life, life is the ticket
Re: Who Goes To Heaven? by chiefolododo(m): 8:52am On Oct 09, 2018
Christians
Re: Who Goes To Heaven? by Hier(m): 8:57am On Oct 09, 2018
chiefolododo:
Christians

Not Christians, life, if you don't have life, no heaven. Only the Son (Jesus) gives life

He that believeth in Him shall not perish but have eternal life, eternal life is in the Son

1 Like

Re: Who Goes To Heaven? by Olifiz(m): 9:05am On Oct 09, 2018
Have you heard about resurrection of the righteous in the future Act . Pls ask urself if one dies n go to heaven pls will there be any need for resurrection?

While Jesus was on earth. He’s good friend Lazarus died Jesus never said Lazarus was in heaven but rather said he was asleep even after Jesus resurrected him he didn’t say he was in heaven or hell or anything close that’s even after 4days he died. Everyone who was resurrected in the Bible never had or said they were somewhere else wen they died.

The Bible verse most Christians use to justify the heaven thing after death is the dream about one Lazarus story like that. Pls know that not everything written in the Bible is literal many are symbolic, if u take that dream story literally the meaning it gives u contradicts the resurrection hope promised by God, it also contradicts the state of the dead explained in Ecclesiastes. I’ll come back with a more detailed write up with bible verses.
Re: Who Goes To Heaven? by Hier(m): 9:11am On Oct 09, 2018
Isn't it surprising that on many occasions, the Bible constantly substitute the fact that someone died with the word sleep cc didov1

John 11:11 These things said he: and after that he saith unto them, Our friend Lazarus sleepeth; but I go, that I may awake him out of sleep.

Luke 8:52 And all wept, and bewailed her: but he said, Weep not; she is not dead, but sleepeth.

Acts 7:60 And he kneeled down, and cried with a loud voice, Lord, lay not this sin to their charge. And when he had said this, he fell asleep. (Stephen) cc shortyy

1 Thessalonians 4:14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

The reason it is called sleep is because life is continuous,

Paul spoke about the continuation

Philippians 1:23 For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better: 1:24 Nevertheless to abide in the flesh is more needful for you.

2 Likes

Re: Who Goes To Heaven? by DavidEsq(m): 9:13am On Oct 09, 2018
Ma una continue to dey deceive unasef

1 Like

Re: Who Goes To Heaven? by Hier(m): 9:19am On Oct 09, 2018
Why the continuation, if he sleeps, he shall wake and shall be judged based on what he brought from this side of earth to continue there, so he sleeps here and continue a life in the the thereafter. No wonder Paul by the Spirit said,

1 Thessalonians 4:13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.

The truth is, the Spirit is saying here that we should not be sorrowful when a believer dies, these are sacred things so I must not add my own interpretation, but that's what the Bible says. People die to continue a life elsewhere

1 Like

Re: Who Goes To Heaven? by Hier(m): 9:21am On Oct 09, 2018
DavidEsq:
Ma una continue to dey deceive unasef

Any contribution
Re: Who Goes To Heaven? by Hier(m): 9:25am On Oct 09, 2018
Olifiz:
Have you heard about resurrection of the righteous in the future Act . Pls ask urself if one dies n go to heaven pls will there be any need for resurrection?

While Jesus was on earth. He’s good friend Lazarus died Jesus never said Lazarus was in heaven but rather said he was asleep even after Jesus resurrected him he didn’t say he was in heaven or hell or anything close that’s even after 4days he died. Everyone who was resurrected in the Bible never had or said they were somewhere else wen they died.

The Bible verse most Christians use to justify the heaven thing after death is the dream about one Lazarus story like that. Pls know that not everything written in the Bible is literal many are symbolic, if u take that dream story literally the meaning it gives u contradicts the resurrection hope promised by God, it also contradicts the state of the dead explained in Ecclesiastes. I’ll come back with a more detailed write up with bible verses.
Life is in stages, I was not done, I'm till writing

1 Like

Re: Who Goes To Heaven? by Hier(m): 9:31am On Oct 09, 2018
@olifiz

After death they say its judgement, its true, but not literally true. After death, the next event is Judgement that's what that verse is trying to saying, in between in time. I believe in the resurrection, the Holy Spirit said in 1 Corinthians 15 through Paul so many things about resurrection from the dead. After death the next event, in the light of the thread, I have to squeeze somethings, but I felt I should explain further as you notice up there, thank you
Re: Who Goes To Heaven? by Olifiz(m): 9:33am On Oct 09, 2018
Hope this answers

The word “soul” in the Bible is a translation of the Hebrew word neʹphesh and the Greek word psy·kheʹ. The Hebrew word literally means “a creature that breathes,” and the Greek word means “a living being.” * The soul, then, is the entire creature, not something inside that survives the death of the body. Consider how the Bible shows that the human soul is the whole person:

Adam, a living soul, at the time of his creation
Adam was not given a soul—he “became a living soul”

When God created the first man, Adam, the Bible says that “man became a living soul.” (Genesis 2:7, King James Version) Adam was not given a soul—he became a living soul, or person.
The Bible says that the soul can work, crave food, eat, obey laws, and touch a dead body. (Leviticus 5:2; 7:20; 23:30; Deuteronomy 12:20; Romans 13:1) Those activities involve the entire person.
Is the soul immortal?
No, the soul can die. Dozens of Bible verses refer to the soul as being mortal. Here are some examples:

“The soul that sinneth, it shall die.”—Ezekiel 18:4, 20, King James Version.
In ancient Israel, the punishment for the most serious offenses was that the “soul shall be cut off.” (Exodus 12:15, 19; Leviticus 7:20, 21, 27; 19:8, King James Version) The person would “be put to death.”—Exodus 31:14, King James Version.
After a person dies, the literal term “dead soul” is used for the corpse in some Bible verses. (Leviticus 21:11, footnote; Numbers 6:6, footnote) Although many Bible translations use the terms “dead body” or “dead person” in those verses, the original Hebrew uses the word neʹphesh, or “soul.”
“Soul” can mean “life”
The Bible also uses “soul” as a synonym for “life.” For example, Job 33:22 uses the Hebrew word for “soul” (neʹphesh) as a parallel for “life.” Similarly, the Bible shows that a person’s soul, or life, can be risked or lost.—Exodus 4:19; Judges 9:17; Philippians 2:30.

This use of the word for “soul” helps us to understand verses in which the soul is said to be “going out” or “departing.” (Genesis 35:18; King James Version) This figure of speech indicates that the person’s life is ending. Some translations render this expression at Genesis 35:18 as “she breathed her last.”—Good News Translation; New Jerusalem Bible.

Where belief in an immortal soul comes from
Christian denominations that believe in an immortal soul get this teaching, not from the Bible, but from ancient Greek philosophy. The Encyclopædia Britannica says: “Biblical references to the soul are related to the concept of breath and establish no distinction between the ethereal soul and the corporeal body. Christian concepts of a body-soul dichotomy originated with the ancient Greeks.”

God does not condone merging his teachings with human philosophies, such as belief in an immortal soul. Instead, the Bible warns: “Look out that no one takes you captive by means of the philosophy and empty deception according to human tradition.”—Colossians 2:8.
Re: Who Goes To Heaven? by Olifiz(m): 9:35am On Oct 09, 2018
Hier:
@olifiz

After death they say its judgement, its true, but not literally true. After death, the next event is Judgement that's what that verse is trying to saying, in between in time. I believe in the resurrection, the Holy Spirit said in 1 Corinthians 15 through Paul so many things about resurrection from the dead. After death the next event, in the light of the thread, I have to squeeze somethings, but I felt I should explain further as you notice up there, thank you

If u believe when people die they go to heaven or hell pls is there any need for resurrection of the fleshly body? N even if they will be resurrected where will it take place n where will they be after the resurrection?
Re: Who Goes To Heaven? by Hier(m): 9:40am On Oct 09, 2018
Lemme close, pressplay411, welcome to our midst sir, more wisdom sir, I want to recommend some books for you, books or redemption, any book by Kenyon would do. Majorly books by Kenyon, they shed more light on many truth many Christians need to know.

You could also read
https://www.nairaland.com/3877374/what-must-know-before-accepting

and lemme add this too

https://www.nairaland.com/4137136/mysteries-behind-creation

1 Like

Re: Who Goes To Heaven? by Hier(m): 9:57am On Oct 09, 2018
h
Re: Who Goes To Heaven? by Hier(m): 10:06am On Oct 09, 2018
Olifiz:

If u believe when people die they go to heaven or hell pls is there any need for resurrection of the fleshly body? N even if they will be resurrected where will it take place n where will they be after the resurrection?

I know there is resurrection of a body, 1Corinthians 15 spoke about the resurrection with another body, I don't know about the resurrection and the body in the case of sinners or unsaved. the Bible said when He appears we shall be like Him
Re: Who Goes To Heaven? by Olifiz(m): 10:12am On Oct 09, 2018
Hier:

I know there is resurrection of a body, 1Corinthians 15 spoke about the resurrection with another body, I don't know about the resurrection and the body in the case of sinners or unsaved. the Bible said when He appears we shall be like Him

If when human die they go to heaven n live forever or hell for ethereal torment, then who are Dey resssurecting, n where will they be resurrecting too? Don’t u think there’s a problem somewhere? The Bible never talked about the dead goin to heaven or somewhere else.
Re: Who Goes To Heaven? by Hier(m): 10:39am On Oct 09, 2018
o to heaven n live forever or hell for ethereal torment, then who are Dey resssurecting, n where will they be resurrecting too? Don’t u think there’s a problem somewhere? The Bible never talked about the dead goin to heaven or somewhere else. [/quote]
olifiz

when humans die, they sleep, and when Resurrection comes the go to where the one they are slaves to are, and its determined by the state of their Spirit before the die. If any man be in Christ, he's a new creature, the creature, the state of the new creature is a Spiritual State, that Spiritual Spirit is what guarantees the life they live eternally. He that has the Son has life, because as many has believed Him, to them gave Him(God through Jesus Christ) the ability to make Heaven. So, this life we are taking about is Spiritual and not soulical.

God is a Spirit and they that worship Him must worship Him in Spirit, it means whoever serves Him, serves Him with their spirit, Romans 1:9

Romans 1:9 For God is my witness, whom I serve with my spirit in the gospel of his Son, that without ceasing I make mention of you always in my prayers;

Adam was a Soul, but above all, Adam was a Spirit, the Soul is also the mind, and its where the reasoning, emotion, and the intellect are all resided. The body is the container, and the Spirit also has its place. Adam eyes was said to open and he discovered he was naked, Adam named all the animals and knew Eve was his wife, Adam was a spirit, Adam was not a Soul, though he has a Soul, all I listed above was accomplished because he has a Spirit that he lost that Jesus came to give us. This is eternal life, eternal life is a Spiritual life, if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature, Spiritual life, Ezekiel 36:26,

Ezekiel 36:26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

Christianity is all about the Spiritual realm, also, when we shall appear before him, the state of our Spirit determines where we go. Shalom
Re: Who Goes To Heaven? by DavidEsq(m): 11:38am On Oct 09, 2018
Hier:

Any contribution
Have u read Psalm 37:10,11 and 29?
See also revelation 5:9-10.
These scriptures show that OP's opinions at not entirely biblical.
Re: Who Goes To Heaven? by DavidEsq(m): 11:44am On Oct 09, 2018
Olifiz:

If when human die they go to heaven n live forever or hell for ethereal torment, then who are Dey resssurecting, n where will they be resurrecting too? Don’t u think there’s a problem somewhere? The Bible never talked about the dead goin to heaven or somewhere else.
Tell dem to read their bible, dem go say "my pastor said...".

1 Like

Re: Who Goes To Heaven? by DavidEsq(m): 11:48am On Oct 09, 2018
Hier:
o to heaven n live forever or hell for ethereal torment, then who are Dey resssurecting, n where will they be resurrecting too? Don’t u think there’s a problem somewhere? The Bible never talked about the dead goin to heaven or somewhere else.
olifiz

when humans die, they sleep, and when Resurrection comes the go to where the one they are slaves to are, and its determined by the state of their Spirit before the die. If any man be in Christ, he's a new creature, the creature, the state of the new creature is a Spiritual State, that Spiritual Spirit is what guarantees the life they live eternally. He that has the Son has life, because as many has believed Him, to them gave Him(God through Jesus Christ) the ability to make Heaven. So, this life we are taking about is Spiritual and not soulical.

God is a Spirit and they that worship Him must worship Him in Spirit, it means whoever serves Him, serves Him with their spirit, Romans 1:9

Romans 1:9 For God is my witness, whom I serve with my spirit in the gospel of his Son, that without ceasing I make mention of you always in my prayers;

Adam was a Soul, but above all, Adam was a Spirit, the Soul is also the mind, and its where the reasoning, emotion, and the intellect are all resided. The body is the container, and the Spirit also has its place. Adam eyes was said to open and he discovered he was naked, Adam named all the animals and knew Eve was his wife, Adam was a spirit, Adam was not a Soul, though he has a Soul, all I listed above was accomplished because he has a Spirit that he lost that Jesus came to give us. This is eternal life, eternal life is a Spiritual life, if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature, Spiritual life, Ezekiel 36:26,

Ezekiel 36:26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

Christianity is all about the Spiritual realm, also, when we shall appear before him, the state of our Spirit determines where we go. Shalom

In view of Genesis 1:28, 2:15, was it God's purpose or plan that Adam (who u say was a spirit) should die? Was death part of God's purpose for Adam? Pls kindly and reasonably answer these posers.

1 Like

Re: Who Goes To Heaven? by Hier(m): 1:31pm On Oct 09, 2018
DavidEsq:

In view of Genesis 1:28, 2:15, was it God's purpose or plan that Adam (who u say was a spirit) should die? Was death part of God's purpose for Adam? Pls kindly and reasonably answer these posers.
In the day thou eat of this tree, thou shall sure die.

There was something called death, if there was nothing called death, they won't surely die.

But how did death come, death came when Adam exercised the use of his soul, rather than his spirit.

Lemme give you the break down,

Genesis 3:6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

And when she saw, what made her to saw, the use of the soul, the soul has to do with reasoning and you can convince the soul to do otherwise, its the reason why there are suicide bombers and other extremist, they have their souls been exercised on, and whoever is communicating to them at that point would be who's bidding they would carry out. But God said, though shall not eat, even before then, God gave the dominion of earth to man, and that includes dominion over the devil himself, the Bible said, Satan masquerade himself as an Angel of light, but truth still remain, though shall not eat, man ate, not because he normally would, but an external influence that he has authority over based on his dominion commanded him to and he followed the saying of a stranger over that of God
Re: Who Goes To Heaven? by Olifiz(m): 1:35pm On Oct 09, 2018
Hier:
o to heaven n live forever or hell for ethereal torment, then who are Dey resssurecting, n where will they be resurrecting too? Don’t u think there’s a problem somewhere? The Bible never talked about the dead goin to heaven or somewhere else.
olifiz

I will totally fault u on this one.
Firstly worshiping God in spirit n truth doesn’t mean that we have spirits in our body but for he’s worshippers to believe in him n worship him without the use of images. In ur mind u have to be convinced n the truth means no one has seen God so no one can know what he looks like to make carvings or images of him n mage an act of worship. U quoted somewhere in acts that says new spirit will be put within you” it is not a literal statement it’s symbolic. In Pentecost 33ce wen people where filled with Holt spirit so does that mean so to speak God removed their soul in replaced it? Paul was reffering to the holy spirit not human spirit if there’s anything like that.

God is a Spirit, and those worshiping him must worship with spirit and truth.”​—JOHN 4:24.

1. What kind of worship pleases God?

Gods only-begotten Son, Jesus Christ, left no doubt about worship that pleases his heavenly Father. While giving a heartwarming witness to a Samaritan woman at a well near the city of Sychar, Jesus said: “You worship what you do not know; we worship what we know, because salvation originates with the Jews. Nevertheless, the hour is coming, and it is now, when the true worshipers will worship the Father with spirit and truth, for, indeed, the Father is looking for suchlike ones to worship him. God is a Spirit, and those worshiping him must worship with spirit and truth.” (John 4:22-24) How are we to understand those words?

2. On what did the Samaritans base their worship?

2 The Samaritans had false religious views. They accepted as inspired only the first five books of the Holy Scriptures​—and these just in their own recension, called the Samaritan Pentateuch. Whereas the Samaritans did not really know God, the Jews had been entrusted with Scriptural knowledge. (Romans 3:1, 2) It was possible for faithful Jews and others to enjoy Jehovah’s favor. But what would this require of them?

3. What is required in order to worship God “with spirit and truth”?

3 To please God, what did Jews, Samaritans, and others of the past have to do? They had to worship him “with spirit and truth.” So must we. Although service to God must be spirited, or zealous, and motivated by a heart filled with love and faith, worshiping God with spirit especially requires that we have his holy spirit resting upon us and allow ourselves to be guided by it. Through study and application of God’s Word, our mind, or mental disposition, must be attuned to his. (1 Corinthians 2:8-12) For our worship to be acceptable to Jehovah, it must also be rendered to him with truth. It must conform to what God’s Word, the Bible, reveals about him and his purposes.
Re: Who Goes To Heaven? by Hier(m): 1:45pm On Oct 09, 2018
DavidEsq:
Have u read Psalm 37:10,11 and 29? See also revelation 5:9-10. These scriptures show that OP's opinions at not entirely biblical.
You mean to say we shall reign on earth, this earth or another earth?
Re: Who Goes To Heaven? by Hier(m): 1:49pm On Oct 09, 2018
1 Thessalonians 5:23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Romans 8:16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

cc olifiz
Re: Who Goes To Heaven? by Olifiz(m): 2:12pm On Oct 09, 2018
Hier:
1 Thessalonians 5:23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Romans 8:16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

cc olifiz

See it this way the spirit ”Holy Spirit” beareth witness with our spirit “our mind” that we are children of God.

If ur mind doesn’t agree or believe n God the spirit can never bear witness with u. It’s doesnt mean literal spirit my dear.

Remember Gods original plan was humans to live forever on earth n that has not changed. So if humans have spirit that goes somewhere after death den it means God is a liar n it means Satan was sayin the truth. Remember in the garden of eden Wen Satan deceived the first humans Adam n eve he told them that if they eat the fruit that Dey won’t die n that’s a direct challenge to God. Remember after they sinned they were cast out n God condemned dem to die. So now if u believe humans don’t really die that something survives don’t u think Satan might b right n God lie which is impossible!!!
The Bible said the SOUL THAT SINS WILL DIE....now my question to u is this What is the Soul? Pls bro answer this question.
Re: Who Goes To Heaven? by Hier(m): 2:22pm On Oct 09, 2018
Olifiz:

I will totally fault u on this one.
Firstly worshiping God in spirit n truth doesn’t mean that we have spirits in our body but for he’s worshippers to believe in him n worship him without the use of images. In ur mind u have to be convinced n the truth means no one has seen God so no one can know what he looks like to make carvings or images of him n mage an act of worship. U quoted somewhere in acts that says new spirit will be put within you” it is not a literal statement it’s symbolic. In Pentecost 33ce wen people where filled with Holt spirit so does that mean so to speak God removed their soul in replaced it? Paul was reffering to the holy spirit not human spirit if there’s anything like that.

God is a Spirit, and those worshiping him must worship with spirit and truth.”​—JOHN 4:24.

1. What kind of worship pleases God?

Gods only-begotten Son, Jesus Christ, left no doubt about worship that pleases his heavenly Father. While giving a heartwarming witness to a Samaritan woman at a well near the city of Sychar, Jesus said: “You worship what you do not know; we worship what we know, because salvation originates with the Jews. Nevertheless, the hour is coming, and it is now, when the true worshipers will worship the Father with spirit and truth, for, indeed, the Father is looking for suchlike ones to worship him. God is a Spirit, and those worshiping him must worship with spirit and truth.” (John 4:22-24) How are we to understand those words?

2. On what did the Samaritans base their worship?

2 The Samaritans had false religious views. They accepted as inspired only the first five books of the Holy Scriptures​—and these just in their own recension, called the Samaritan Pentateuch. Whereas the Samaritans did not really know God, the Jews had been entrusted with Scriptural knowledge. (Romans 3:1, 2) It was possible for faithful Jews and others to enjoy Jehovah’s favor. But what would this require of them?

3. What is required in order to worship God “with spirit and truth”?

3 To please God, what did Jews, Samaritans, and others of the past have to do? They had to worship him “with spirit and truth.” So must we. Although service to God must be spirited, or zealous, and motivated by a heart filled with love and faith, worshiping God with spirit especially requires that we have his holy spirit resting upon us and allow ourselves to be guided by it. Through study and application of God’s Word, our mind, or mental disposition, must be attuned to his. (1 Corinthians 2:8-12) For our worship to be acceptable to Jehovah, it must also be rendered to him with truth. It must conform to what God’s Word, the Bible, reveals about him and his purposes.

You sound pretty well like Jehovah Witness, but the truth remains that, the Bible is our standard.

If I may ask, what is your opinion about the Holy Spirit, his operations in the life of men, and how we are meant to interact and relate with Him, because Jesus said when he comes he shall direct us into all truth. It means when the Holy Spirit comes, we shall surely be able to tell the difference between Him and our mind.

Well, I haven't seen any place in the Bible where Christians are to serve God with their mind. God is a Spirit, and the best means to understand a Spirit is to be one or come to the state of one. cc didov1

1Cor 2:11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

The things of God are communicated to our spirit with the help of the Holy Spirit. We cannot serve God adequately without our spirit working together with the Holy Spirit[quote author=Hier post=71926718]1 Thessalonians 5:23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Re: Who Goes To Heaven? by Hier(m): 2:27pm On Oct 09, 2018
Olifiz:

See it this way the spirit ”Holy Spirit” beareth witness with our spirit “our mind”John 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.that we are children of God.

If ur mind doesn’t agree or believe n God the spirit can never bear witness with u. It’s doesnt mean literal spirit my dear.

Remember Gods original plan was humans to live forever on earth n that has not changed. So if humans have spirit that goes somewhere after death den it means God is a liar n it means Satan was sayin the truth. Remember in the garden of eden Wen Satan deceived the first humans Adam n eve he told them that if they eat the fruit that Dey won’t die n that’s a direct challenge to God. Remember after they sinned they were cast out n God condemned dem to die. So now if u believe humans don’t really die that something survives don’t u think Satan might b right n God lie which is impossible!!!
The Bible said the SOUL THAT SINS WILL DIE....now my question to u is this What is the Soul? Pls bro answer this question.

grin grin hmmmmmm, when a man is possessed with a spirit, which part of him does the spirit stays. I have to say this so we can tell if its the mind or the spirit of the man.

I never said anything like a spirit was going somewhere and about any spirit going anywhere, I don't know about that, immediately the body dies and while awaiting judgement. All I know is, God is a Spirit, God addresses us based on the state of our spirit, and I am personalised convinced above all doubt that if a born again Christian is born by the spirit.

John 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

It means those born of the Spirit are of God, meaning they are born of God, and they have the life and nature of God in them, this nature of God in them is the ticket that guarantee who goes to heaven or not, and that's what the thread is all about

1 Like

Re: Who Goes To Heaven? by Hier(m): 3:07pm On Oct 09, 2018
Olifiz:

See it this way the spirit ”Holy Spirit” beareth witness with our spirit “our mind” that we are children of God.

The soul is what defines us, what separate us from others. Why we reason, analyse and perceive things the way we perceive them and why we take the actions we take. So, when the Biblical says the Soul that sinneth, it was defining the exact person, the person that took those wrong decision and action shall die.

The Spirit of man is that part of us that comprehend or perceive spiritual things. The mind can't understand God, to use your mind (soul) you need all your physical body part, but God is a Spirit and its the coming together of our spirit, which have perceived a being to be God and the Holy Spirit which leads us using our spirit that makes us please God
Re: Who Goes To Heaven? by pressplay411(m): 3:28pm On Oct 09, 2018
Hier:

You sound pretty well like Jehovah Witness, but the truth remains that, the Bible is our standard.

If I may ask, what is your opinion about the Holy Spirit, his operations in the life of men, and how we are meant to interact and relate with Him, because Jesus said when he comes he shall direct us into all truth. It means when the Holy Spirit comes, we shall surely be able to tell the difference between Him and our mind.

Well, I haven't seen any place in the Bible where Christians are to serve God with their mind. God is a Spirit, and the best means to understand a Spirit is to be one or come to the state of one. cc didov1

1Cor 2:11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

The things of God are communicated to our spirit with the help of the Holy Spirit. We cannot serve God adequately without our spirit working together with the Holy Spirit

Very insightful thread.
Thanks Op.
My understanding so far is;
I am a spirit, with a soul and I live inside a body.
Our true self is our spirit.

When Adam and Eve ate of the fruit of knowledge of Good and Evil, truly as God warned them, they died. Because God is not man, that He should lie.
But their death is not the type we are familiar with as humans.
It was a spiritual death.

Jesus Christ categorised all who were not his disciples as being dead.
Jesus said to him, “Let the dead bury their own dead, but you go and preach the kingdom of God.”
Luke 9:60

When we come into Christ, we are resurrected from death. Our spirits awaken.

But our soul (mind, thoughts) is the same.
Our soul has only been exposed to the desires of the flesh all our lives, hence it is so carnal (flesh-controlled).

The human soul without the Holyspirit makes one dead even though he's alive physically.
Just as when God created Adam, he created him as a soul. But until God breathed His Spirit inside Adam did he become a Living Soul.

Which is why a Christian does not notice any physical changes when he gives his life to Christ by the Confession prayer. It is a spiritual rebirth. To be Born-again.

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. 2 Corinthians 5:17

Now the man becomes both a spiritual man and a carnal man. The carnality is because of the things we have exposed our minds (soul) to all our lives.
It now becomes a journey, of renewing and transforming our minds through the Holy Spirit by replacing our old beliefs and thoughts to the Word of God. Our opinions become shaped by what the Wotd of God says, not what we have been exposed to by our cultures, hearsays, education, etc.
This is the Way of Faith.
This is how Faith comes.

So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God. Romans 10:17

As we keep replacing our old thoughts with the word of God, this fills our souls (mind and thoughts) with the Word of God and consequently builds our spirit.

Romans 12:2
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

The goal is for our minds to be transformed into the mind of Christ.

Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 2:5

We have to keep yielding to the Holy Spirit and not our old inclinations of the flesh.

But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. 15 But he who is spiritual judges all things, yet he himself is rightly judged by no one. 16 For “who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct Him?” But we have the mind of Christ. 1 Corinthians 2:14-16

Now to conclude, Jesus Christ is the Word of God.
The more of the Word we have inside our minds, the more of Christ-likeness we are being transformed into. The more of the image and glory of God we become.
This does not mean, reading all of the bible. This is by the Holy Spirit leading us, teaching us and giving us understanding and Rhema of the Word of God.

18 But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord.
2 Corinthians 3:18

Peace, Mercy and Grace to us all in Jesus name.
Amen.

1 Like

Re: Who Goes To Heaven? by Olifiz(m): 3:40pm On Oct 09, 2018
From the original post OP posted this is a reply to it.

Hier:

The soul is what defines us, what separate us from others. Why we reason, analyse and perceive things the way we perceive them and why we take the actions we take. So, when the Biblical says the Soul that sinneth, it was defining the exact person, the person that took those wrong decision and action shall die.

The Spirit of man is that part of us that comprehend or perceive spiritual things. The mind can't understand God, to use your mind (soul) you need all your physical body part, but God is a Spirit and its the coming together of our spirit, which have perceived a being to be God and the Holy Spirit which leads us using our spirit that makes us please God

Spirits exist! Within the invisible spirit realm, there are both good and bad spirits. Are they persons who have lived and died on earth?

No, they are not. When a person dies, he or she does not pass on to the spirit world, as many people think. How do we know this? Because the Bible says so. The Bible is a book of truth that comes from the only true God, whose name is Jehovah. God created humans; he well knows what happens to them when they die.—Psalm 83:18; 2 Timothy 3:16.

Adam is made out of dust from the ground
Adam came from dust, returned to dust

The Bible says that God formed Adam, the first man, “out of dust from the ground.” (Genesis 2:7) God put him in Paradise, the garden of Eden. If Adam had obeyed Jehovah’s law, he would not have died; he would still be alive on earth today. But when Adam deliberately broke God’s law, God said to him: “You [will] return to the ground, for out of it you were taken. For dust you are and to dust you will return.”—Genesis 3:19.

What does this mean? Well, where was Adam before Jehovah created him from the dust? He was nowhere. He was not an unborn spirit in heaven. He did not exist. So when God said that Adam would “return to the ground,” he meant that Adam would die. He did not cross over to the spirit realm. At death, Adam once again became lifeless, nonexistent. Death is the absence of life.

But what about others who have died? Are they also nonexistent? The Bible answers:

“All [both humans and animals] are going to one place. They have all come to be from the dust, and they are all returning to the dust.”—Ecclesiastes 3:20.
“The dead . . . are conscious of nothing at all.”—Ecclesiastes 9:5.
“Their love and their hate and their jealousy have already perished.”—Ecclesiastes 9:6.
“There is no work nor devising nor knowledge nor wisdom in Sheol [the grave], the place to which you are going.”—Ecclesiastes 9:10.
“[Man] goes back to his ground; in that day his thoughts do perish.”—Psalm 146:4.
A woman washes vegetables; men make straw baskets; men and women work on a construction project
Only the living can do these things

Do you find these scriptures hard to accept? If so, think about this: In many families, the man earns money to support his household. When the man dies, his family usually suffers hardship. Sometimes his wife and children do not even have enough money to buy food. Perhaps the man’s enemies will abuse them. Now ask yourself: ‘If that man is alive in the spirit world, why does he not continue to provide for his family? Why does he not protect his family from bad people?’ It is because the scriptures are correct. That man is lifeless, unable to do anything.—Psalm 115:17.
Re: Who Goes To Heaven? by Hier(m): 3:55pm On Oct 09, 2018
pressplay411:

Very insightful thread.
Thanks Op.
My understanding so far is;
I am a spirit, with a soul and I live inside a body.
Our true self is our spirit.

When Adam and Eve ate the apple, truly as God warned them, they died. Because God is not man, that He should lie.
But their death is not the type we are familiar with as humans.
It was a spiritual death.

Jesus Christ categorised all who were not his disciples as being dead.
Jesus said to him, “Let the dead bury their own dead, but you go and preach the kingdom of God.”
Luke 9:60

When we come into Christ, we are resurrected from death. Our spirits awaken.

But our soul (mind, thoughts) is the same.
Our soul has only been exposed to the desires of the flesh all our lives, hence it is so carnal (flesh-controlled).

The human soul without the Holyspirit makes one dead even though he's alive physically.
Just as when God created Adam, he created him as a soul. But until God breathed His Spirit inside Adam did he become a Living Soul.

Which is why a Christian does not notice any physical changes when he gives his life to Christ by the Confession prayer. It is a spiritual rebirth. To be Born-again.

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. 2 Corinthians 5:17

Now the man becomes both a spiritual man and a carnal man. The carnality is because of the things we have exposed our minds (soul) to all our lives.
It now becomes a journey, of renewing and transforming our minds through the Holy Spirit by replacing our old beliefs and thoughts to the Word of God. Our opinions becone shaped by what the Wotd of God says, not what we have been ecposed to by our cultures, hearsays, education, etc.
This is the Way of Faith.
This is how Faith comes.

So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God. Romans 10:17

And we keep replacing our old thoughts with the word of God. This fills our souls (mind and thoughts) with the word of God and consequently builds our spirit.

Romans 12:2
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

The goal is for our minds to be transformed into the mind of Christ.

Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 2:5

We have to keep yielding to the Holy Spirit and not our old inclinations of the flesh.

But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. 15 But he who is spiritual judges all things, yet he himself is rightly judged by no one. 16 For “who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct Him?” But we have the mind of Christ.

Now to conclude, Jesus Christ is the Word of God.
The more of the Word we have inside our minds, the more of Christ-likeness we are being transformed into. The more of the image and glory of God we become.
This does not mean, reading all of the bible. This is by the Holy Spirit leading us, teaching us and giving us understanding and Rhema of the Word of God.

18 But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord.
2 Corinthians 3:18

Peace, Mercy and Grace to us all in Jesus name.
Amen.

Thanks sir, they are perfect. The Bible said said this is eternal life, that they may know You(God) and Jesus whom though have sent.

1 Like

Re: Who Goes To Heaven? by pressplay411(m): 4:19pm On Oct 09, 2018
Hier:

Thanks sir, they are perfect. The Bible said said this is eternal life, that they may know You(God) and Jesus whom though have sent.
One of my favorite scriptures John 17:3

We can only know ourselves through God. But we can only know God through Christ. And we can only know Christ through the Holy Spirit.

For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one.
1 John 5:7

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dying Daily To Self: My Spiritual Edibles/makeover / Easter Message From Pastor E.A. Adeboye / Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.