Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,948 members, 7,810,626 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:19 PM

South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West (61607 Views)

South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense / Funke Akindele Nominated As Running Mate To Jandor, Lagos PDP Candidate / Afenifere Reacts To Peter Obi's Emergence As Atiku’s Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West by Nobody: 1:42am On Oct 10, 2018
RTSC:

I am not seeing the majority though.

It seems most of your fellow Yoruba clowns want to play both sides.
The yorubas talking here are mostly APC supporters dt are enjoying trolling u guys. Since ur all in ur feelings abt this decision. Lol!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West by babsdeen(m): 1:44am On Oct 10, 2018
diebuhari1:
Yes, most Igbos will never dream of voting for Buhari even with a gun to their forehead, but there are other parties and also an option of boycotting the elections if PDP betrays us and that would be a disaster for Atiku and PDP.
For 16 years of PDP rule, none of the top 2 positions went to the SE despite the unflinching support from the region, now some people are still suggesting rubbish.
I don't know why Yorubas want to reap where they did not sow

This one is talking as if their yeye pdp will emerge in 2019... Share your ticket within yourself, Southwest don't dine with losers again... Once you wake from your slumber, come and join the moving train... The more, the merrier!

6 Likes

Re: South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West by baby124: 2:03am On Oct 10, 2018
kotv:
I really do not care about who becomes the president. Both aren't even worth any of the mandate but right now, until I leave Nigeria, I'm with anybody that's against Buhari. Atiku would be extremely stupid if he chooses a VP from SW. Very stupid. If he does, the ibos will boycott the election and not vote hence an easy win for Buhari. He should focus on those who can contribute voting rates on all region. To become president, you need a significant percentage from all region and ibos are the only set scattered around to do so compared to yorubas. The ibos have more electoral vote than Yoruba and that's a fact. Unlike Yoruba, the Ibos votes are in North, SW, SS and SE. The Yorubas though have electoral votes in SS and possibly North, there's more ibos there than yoruba. I'm from SS, I've seen more ibo here than yoruba so anyone saying Yoruba can win anything for anyone clearly do not know Nigeria.

Even we do the math and compare both
SE has close to 8 million.
SW has 14 million
Unlike SE, the 14 million of SW includes non-indigenous. The fact that SW only has 14 million despite the inclusion of North, SE and SS voters included, it makes you wonder what is the actual number of yoruba votes.

Let's say the VP slots go to Yorubas, there is no guarantee that Yorubas would even vote for Atiku but there is a huge guarantee that the ibos will not if he does. Therefore, Atiku would lose ibos votes from SE, not only that but also lose the ibo votes of SW as well and despite the arguments and fights with SE and their SS brothers, the Ibos in SS votes wherever SE votes and they boycott whatever SE boycott, therefore, he equally loses the votes from ibos in SS. If Atiku handlers are here, tell that man it is a very very stupid idea to omit those who have more voting strength than those who none of us are even sure what their percentage of voting strength is. Very stupid idea. Why does he think the people pushing him to pick a VP from SW are all APC supporters? He should think about that first.

For him to win, he needs the vote of middle belt. I don't know what deceives Yorubas that they are the deciding factor in the election. They have never been. The government of Nigeria did not start in 2015, I don't know why that tribe keeps deceiving themselves that it did. Even GEJ won because of Middle Belt. His focus should be Middle belt and not Yorubas. Even if all Yoruba votes against Atiku, as long as he wins some middle belt, SS and SE, he'll win.

The best person for him to pick as VP is Iweala. She's the best of both worlds because she'll cater to both SS and SE. She's from SS and she's ibo so the ibos wouldn't see anything wrong with if the VP position goes to a non SE. Also, those of us in SS wouldn't see anything wrong with either because she's from our zone. Both his stronghold gets a share. Plus, his dark cloud is claims of his inability to travel all over the world due to claims of corruption cases waiting for him. She is a buffer on that considering her immense reputation worldwide. The respect he lacks from world leaders, she has. Iweala is the best choice for him and I hope he is smart enough to realize that.
If you want your region to count, you can move back there. Stop moaning abeg. The fact is if you live in SW your vote will count under that region. If your mission is to influence SW electorally by moving there then maybe in another 100yrs and by then you will have been absorbed. More hinterland Yoruba’s move to the cities daily than non Yoruba’s I hope you realize that.

By the way SW is at least 85% Yoruba. You also forget that SW has high populations in Kwara and the North too. Especially Kaduna but we don’t even factor that in.

The truth is SW has the highest population in Nigeria. Hausa comes second and Igbo third. Hausa and Fulani are two different tribes and should not be counted as one. The north also has a lot of minority tribes within.

Yoruba’s are majority in about 7 states in Nigeria. We are talking 85% and above. Most states don’t have that. Yoruba population is very high. Because we don’t shout does not mean we are not there. If a Yoruba person who they believe in should run for presidency, then you will witness the PVC registrations shoot up and the number of voters will Suddenly spike up! I don’t care for PDP or APC. In fact I may vote for Oby sef. Just thought I should educate you.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West by Nobody: 2:05am On Oct 10, 2018
Buterflyle0:

grin cheesy

Wow so those who have repeatedly called yorubas names like slaves to fulanis and zombies can now beg Atiku who is also a Fulani for scraps of VP to fall from his table onto them grin

Karma is wicked cheesy

So Karma finally made you all slaves and zombies too. grin

No be small thing. I've just bin laughing all over this thread.

4 Likes

Re: South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West by Keegan: 2:17am On Oct 10, 2018
Buterflyle0:

grin cheesy

Wow so those who have repeatedly called yorubas names like slaves to fulanis and zombies can now beg Atiku who is also a Fulani for scraps of VP to fall from his table onto them grin

Karma is wicked cheesy

So Karma finally made you all slaves and zombies too. grin

You they mind them? These people are so fake, tactless and foolish. I can't believe what I've been reading from them on this tread. So the degraded VP position occupy by their so called "mere commissioner" is what they are now falling upon one another for. What an irony, what a pity! Atiku please abeg dash dem monkey banana make we rest.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West by akilo1: 2:19am On Oct 10, 2018
diebuhari1:
Yes, most Igbos will never dream of voting for Buhari even with a gun to their forehead, but there are other parties and also an option of boycotting the elections if PDP betrays us and that would be a disaster for Atiku and PDP.
For 16 years of PDP rule, none of the top 2 positions went to the SE despite the unflinching support from the region, now some people are still suggesting rubbish.
e pain am,ready for more disgrace for atiku in 2019

6 Likes

Re: South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West by bezimo(m): 2:25am On Oct 10, 2018
I agree a SW candidate will be the Joker!!
Re: South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West by Nnemuka(f): 2:29am On Oct 10, 2018
So what has Southwest done to deserve Atikus VP slot?
They should support Buhari while the south east and south south should support Atiku.

2 Likes

Re: South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West by Nyceguy92: 2:30am On Oct 10, 2018
We seem to have neglected the bigger picture ...
As things stand today in Nigeria, that the majority will definitely vote for PDP will not even depend much on where Atiku gets his VP.

Majority, including the SW, will vote against APC because it has not performed well.
There is a national anger and a feeling of disappointment against the party.

In fact, even if Atiku does not choose a VP, he will surely win.
It's like The Nation + PDP vs APC = defeat for APC. Mark my word.

I have no political leaning, but I do follow what is happening in my country.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West by kotv: 2:35am On Oct 10, 2018
baby124:

If you want your region to count, you can move back there. Stop moaning abeg. The fact is if you live in SW your vote will count under that region. If your mission is to influence SW electorally by moving there then maybe in another 100yrs and by then you will have been absorbed. More hinterland Yoruba’s move to the cities daily than non Yoruba’s I hope you realize that.

By the way SW is at least 85% Yoruba. You also forget that SW has high populations in Kwara and the North too. Especially Kaduna but we don’t even factor that in.

The truth is SW has the highest population in Nigeria. Hausa comes second and Igbo third. Hausa and Fulani are two different tribes and should not be counted as one. The north also has a lot of minority tribes within.

Yoruba’s are majority in about 7 states in Nigeria. We are talking 85% and above. Most states don’t have that. Yoruba population is very high. Because we don’t shout does not mean we are not there. If a Yoruba person who they believe in should run for presidency, then you will witness the PVC registrations shoot up and the number of voters will Suddenly spike up! I don’t care for PDP or APC. In fact I may vote for Oby sef. Just thought I should educate you.

Yoruba people please stop changing the story when it benefits you. A minute you mock non-indigenous that live in your zone while saying you people wouldn't leave your area because it's the most developed states in Nigeria, even though that's a laughter on your part. Now, you claim you're everywhere. Pick a side and stay there. Even if you claim there are Yorubas everywhere and let's agree to that, there are more Ibos in every zone than yorubas and that is a fact. Nobody that sincere can even deny that

Now, who's arguing there are more non-indigenous than indigenous in Yoruba zone? Did I say that? What I am saying is that 14 million despite North, SS, and SE has a high number of their people residing in SW and counted in that 14 million shows that Yoruba voting strength is not as high or significant as they claim. Neither do Yoruba influence how the non-indigenous in SW votes despite your people claims here hence, the marginal differences of PDP and APC votes during 2015 in SW was not that high. The highest voting blocs of Yorubas is SW just like the highest voting blocs of ibos is SE. Unlike SE, the SW number includes non-indigenous, again that is a fact.

In Kwara and Kogi, we've witnessed how the SW yoruba have significantly attacked and insulted the leaders of that side from your group that would have influenced the voting pattern in that area. Do you really think Saraki and co yorubas joined APC to insult repeatedly would even allow their area to vote in the same pattern as the party that's repeatedly tried to damage them and equally organized protesters to throw things at them? Do you honestly believe such will happen? Let's also not forget that if we use your argument against the hausa/fulani, both states have minorities that are significantly high in a population who may or may not vote the way yoruba in that zone votes.

As for the Northern minorities, yes that's true but just like ibos in ss votes the way se votes, the minorities in north votes the same way hausa/fulani votes. The only swinging factor is middle belt and considering how buhari have treated the antagonist against them, I don't see many from that area joining in the Arewa wagon this time around. Atiku can win with or without Yoruba vote.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West by baby124: 3:05am On Oct 10, 2018
kotv:

Yoruba people please stop changing the story when it benefits you. A minute you mock non-indigenous that live in your zone while saying you people wouldn't leave your area because it's the most developed states in Nigeria, even though that's a laughter on your part. Now, you claim you're everywhere. Pick a side and stay there. Even if you claim there are Yorubas everywhere and let's agree to that, there are more Ibos in every zone than yorubas and that is a fact. Nobody that sincere can even deny that

Now, who's arguing there are more non-indigenous than indigenous in Yoruba zone? Did I say that? What I am saying is that 14 million despite North, SS, and SE has a high number of their people residing in SW and counted in that 14 million shows that Yoruba voting strength is not as high or significant as they claim. Neither do Yoruba influence how the non-indigenous in SW votes despite your people claims here hence, the marginal differences of PDP and APC votes during 2015 in SW was not that high. The highest voting blocs of Yorubas is SW just like the highest voting blocs of ibos is SE. Unlike SE, the SW number includes non-indigenous, again that is a fact.

In Kwara and Kogi, we've witnessed how the SW yoruba have significantly attacked and insulted the leaders of that side from your group that would have influenced the voting pattern in that area. Do you really think Saraki and co yorubas joined APC to insult repeatedly would even allow their area to vote in the same pattern as the party that's repeatedly tried to damage them and equally organized protesters to throw things at them? Do you honestly believe such will happen? Let's also not forget that if we use your argument against the hausa/fulani, both states have minorities that are significantly high in a population who may or may not vote the way yoruba in that zone votes.

As for the Northern minorities, yes that's true but just like ibos in ss votes the way se votes, the minorities in north votes the same way hausa/fulani votes. The only swinging factor is middle belt and considering how buhari have treated the antagonist against them, I don't see many from that area joining in the Arewa wagon this time around. Atiku can win with or without Yoruba vote.
Even if other tribes are outside their homeland, majority are still at home. That 14m is probably 60% of eligible SW voters by the way. So what are you saying? The fact is that even if other tribes are in the region, their voting strength is not significant when you consider the region as a whole. There are also Yoruba’s in SS and the North. But when the regions are looked at, it is at the majority impact of votes and how they swing. SW is the most unpredictable zone and you must perform or the vote against you. They are not blindly loyal to a party but to performers. This forces candidates to try to bet against their unpredictability. They could also vote based on interest.

You don’t realize that Atiku would have promised delegates from several zones many things. The shocker Wike and other PDP stalwarts got, where do you think most of those delegates who voted for Atiku came from? Probably NE and SW. so all these promises and calculations have probably been done before his emergence and winning the presidential primary. Gbenga Daniels as campaign manager was not a mistake. I am sure he worked hard on SW delegates who can cut across the SW and North. Wike thought he had the SS and SE votes down for Tambuwal. His mistake was that he neglected other zones and the possible diversity within. You know the SW’ers within PDP we’re not happy for not getting the chairmanship. Another mistake by Wike. If he gave SW chairmanship, the VP slot will no doubt go to SE. The SE PDP members obviously have no strategy or goal. So blame them and not the SW’ers who probably saw a bigger opportunity and negotiated.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West by kotv: 3:23am On Oct 10, 2018
baby124:

Even if other tribes are outside their homeland, majority are still at home. That 14m is probably 60% of eligible SW voters by the way. So what are you saying? The fact is that even if other tribes are in the region, their voting strength is not significant when you consider the region as a whole. There are also Yoruba’s in SS and the North. But when the regions are looked at, it is at the majority impact of votes and how they swing. SW is the most unpredictable zone and you must perform or the vote against you. They are not blindly loyal to a party but to performers. This forces candidates to try to bet against their unpredictability. They could also vote based on interest.

You don’t realize that Atiku would have promised delegates from several zones many things. The shocker Wike and other PDP stalwarts got, where do you think most of those delegates who voted for Atiku cape from? Probably NE and SW. so all these promises and calculations have probably been done before his emergence and winning the presidential primary. I am sure Wike thought he had the SS and SE votes down for Tambuwal.

Yoruba votes are very predictable as of late. SW votes wherever Tinubu tells them to vote. What transpired with Ambode shows that. He was continuously praised by yoruba as the best governor in Nigeria and the second Tinubu said otherwise, Yoruba did as well. The same way we've seen yorubas say on this site repeatedly they reject pdp simply because tinubu says so. Even with Osun defeats your comments on they vote based on performance. We are all aware majority of Yoruba will vote APC because Tinubu says so hence the focus for SW should be on the non-indigenous as he does not control them as he controls the indigenous. The votes from the non-indigenous would be counted as the SW zone, again that's a fact. I highly highly doubt SW delegates are the contributing factor to Atiku win. The North, SE and SS voted for him as well. If I remember correctly there was even an article about SE votes towards his winning PDP presidential slot. Wike has no strength on influencing anything, I don't know why you deceive yourself that he does. Anyway, the unpredictable zone right now is middle belt hence, I keep emphasizing he should focus on gaining their votes rather than wasting his time on yorubas. The middle belt has always been the deciding factor in every presidential election.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West by delait: 3:34am On Oct 10, 2018
Umueme:
Didnt even bother to read the post,but one thing is certain if SW gets the VP slot then we give Bubu our vote and get 2023 presidency. We aint gonna fall for the gimmicks of the afonjas no more. VP and senate pres. from one region.....

But hey! what do i know....][quote author=kotv post=71943661]

Yoruba votes are very predictable as of late. SW votes wherever Tinubu tells them to vote. What transpired with Ambode shows that. He was continuously praised by yoruba as the best governor in Nigeria and the second Tinubu said otherwise, Yoruba did as well. The same way we've seen yorubas say on this site repeatedly they reject pdp simply because tinubu says so. We are all aware majority of Yoruba will vote APC because Tinubu says so hence the focus for SW should be on the non-indigenous as he does not control them as he controls the indigenous. The votes from the non-indigenous would be counted as the SW zone, again that's a fact. I highly highly doubt SW delegates are who voted for Atiku and Wike has no strength on influencing anything. Anyway, the unpredictable zone right now is middle belt hence, I keep emphasizing he should focus on gaining their votes rather than wasting his time on yorubas. The middle belt have always been the deciding factor in every presidential election.

LM
Re: South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West by delait: 3:37am On Oct 10, 2018
North Central should be Atiku's focus for now
Re: South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West by AyakaDunukofia: 3:50am On Oct 10, 2018
ORIENTATION101:
i telling you the fact the largest concentration of igbos voters in south west is lagos they re not up to 300 000.
i work for inec in 3 seperate election years 2007 2011 2015 only few igbos participate in election here in lagos.forget about nairaland noise here .
igbos couldnt save jimi agbaje after promising to upgrade eze ndigbo .

In2015, Yorubas went for Ambode and Igbos led the pack that pitched their tent with Agbaje, and what was the margin of victory for Ambode? Thin hair victory of 100k votes. That is the delicate ethnic population pattern of Lagos.

People should also look at the ACTUAL voting in 2015...SW gave Buhari 2.3million and SE gave GEJ 2.4 million votes. Food for thought.

In any event, Yoruba has nothing to loose in this permutation. Osinbajo is already there. It is only Atiku that has got everything to loose.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West by Fxwarrior: 4:00am On Oct 10, 2018
mycar:
Then that negates everything, what is worth doing is worth doing fine, no more no less.

Everybody is tired of Buhari, pick your VP from SE and you have 99% SE & SS and 50% SW with you, get 50% North and you are good to go
SW should go for SP, they can push their agenda from there.

Very true. How can Atiku say he's transparent and accountable without Okonjo Iweala, economic lady that will turn around our dwindling economy for good.

So much that even the South west and everyone in Nigeria will benefit.

How can they be talking about marginalization with out mentioning that a South westerner, Obasanjo was in power for 8 years and even wanted to plot for another 4 years extra.

Are they saying Obasanjo is not one of them?
Re: South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West by Acidosis(m): 4:11am On Oct 10, 2018
These ethnic permutations are not necessary. Atiku/NOI is a good one already.

Over 40% of voters in Lagos for example are non-Yorubas. Atiku will get at least 45% of the total votes in Lagos alone and over 80% in the South East.

1 Like

Re: South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West by GoldHorse(m): 4:20am On Oct 10, 2018
tochukwuifediba:
Vice Presidency must come to South East or Buhari continue

grin cheesy. Buhari definitely will.
Re: South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West by blackgold90(m): 4:20am On Oct 10, 2018
The fight for who becomes Nigeria's president will be fought in the north. Because the southern part has already voted and polarised between APC in South West and PDP in South East + South South.

The Yorubas are deceitful ,even if Atiku give SW VP slot they will still vote PMB so that in 4years time PMB will support Tinubu or his stooge as president instead of voting Atiku which will make them VP for like 8years .

But there is a law sign by PMB on the tenure of a Vice President who govern with a president to be 1 term.

So Atiku will do 1term.

The south east is the rightful region for that Atiku VP position considering that the South East will not only deliver the South East for Atiku but they are across Nigeria and they all push more votes for Atiku.

Atiku just need to win more votes from the North not south.

Yoruba 6states are APC states already.
South east has 5 states that will support Atiku

South South 6 Will vote PDP.

11 south south +south east is greater than 6 APC states in South.

Real battle is in the north. Should Atiku choose Sw VP.

East will vote another party but not APC

Summary this is why Nigeria needs restructuring so that during elections Nigerians will not be hating themselves

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West by sujexy(m): 4:26am On Oct 10, 2018
newbornmacho:

afonjaaaaaaa!
onye bu afonja
bia na-ibeme Isiala mbano di n'imo....I ga-ahum ooo
pls let's stop this tribal politics for once and push buhari away from there...
this is exactly what d zombies want...so DAT d confusion will enable buhari go back there...we are wiser....We can go for SP OR SGF....
Besides Jonathan favoured us well...
let's include did ungrateful afonja's pls
Re: South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West by lonelydora: 4:27am On Oct 10, 2018
Kyase:
Everywhere pdp go, e go backfire, grin grin grin grin grin
Go to South west, south east vote massively for ApC (which they will still lose the south west)
Again if they go to South East, south west go vex destroy them....
I no pity Atiku at all

This is just the truth

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West by GoldHorse(m): 4:32am On Oct 10, 2018
Daewang:
Igbos have been making all the sacrifices for PDP all this while and taking the attacks and insults. The VP position must come to SE or else we destroy everything. I personally would campaign against Atiku let everything burn down. We are not fools.

Hahahaha! grin grin

Sorry o say I dey laugh. I was just wondering when you guys will start playing politics and stop hating. The Afonjas and the mallams are almost about relegating you people to the background again (as usual).

The decision should be easy if you guys are that valuable. Advice your people to learn to align well and stop hating.

You see if you no chop yarn because of palm oil you should learn to chop palm oil because of yarn. Na proverb o.

Well done sir! cool

1 Like

Re: South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West by positivethought: 4:37am On Oct 10, 2018
ijustdey:
“So, what they are looking at are the sentiments that the vice presidential candidate can drive for the joint ticket. To a large extent, they are looking at South-East, of course; and I can confirm to you that the South-East has a strong case.

But the major consideration delaying the announcement is that a lot of stakeholders feel that the position should go to South-West. And they’ve been giving lots of reasons for that," said the source.

http://saharareporters.com/2018/10/09/exclusive-south-east-has-strong-case-atiku%E2%80%99s-running-mate-come-south-west
Atiku will be making a great mistake by picking his VP outside the SE,I'm sure this idea of VP from SW is just a trap to fool Atiku,however the SW must definitely be given a good deal n carried along,I will suggest the following NE president,SE VP,NC senate president,SW speaker & SGF, SS dep senate president,NW deputy speaker,in addition to other appointments that should be spread fairly across the geopolitical zones n not a repetition of the bias n nepotism we have today.
Re: South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West by dazzlingd(m): 4:43am On Oct 10, 2018
AyakaDunukofia:

In2015, Yorubas went for Ambode and Igbos led the pack that pitched their tent with Agbaje, and what was the margin of victory for Ambode? Thin hair victory of 100k votes. That is the delicate ethnic population pattern of Lagos.

People should also look at the ACTUAL voting in 2015...SW gave Buhari 2.3million and SE gave GEJ 2.4 million votes. Food for thought.

In any event, Yoruba has nothing to loose in this permutation. Osinbajo is already there. It is only Atiku that has got everything to loose.

All yorubas voted Ambode and all igbos voted Agbaje leading to a difference of 100k... Lol, how does that sound in your ear.
Who taught you set theory, don't be too naive with your poor permutations...so Agbaje had no Yoruba supporters in Lagos?
I was only reading the comments but could not stand one with a dump analysis like this that I had to comment.
Believe it or not, igbos have no political relevance in Lagos, most of them disappea to their villages during elections. The few igbos left plus the yorubas gave agbaje his votes yet he lost.

2 Likes

Re: South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West by Fxwarrior: 4:43am On Oct 10, 2018
TundeBricklayer:

14million from west will be divided, large numbers of Easterns are in West, go through voting pattern in west it always be divided, Yorubas by tradition hardly vote for PDP, 2011 the supported ACN, 2015 Yorubas supported Buhari because he used Osibanjo as VP, Igbos and other minorities from Niger delta supported GEJ, state like Lagos with highest registered voters APC got 792,460 and PDP got 632,627, If PDP use Igbo as VP Igbos will massively vote for PDP

Below 2015 table, with five state in the southeast Igbos gave PDP more than what Yorubas gave APC in Southwest

So far from this argument you are the most practicable cos you back your argument with facts. In fact so much that you don't even need to speak as your pictorial evidence has spoken VOLUMES for you.

APC winning in north cos of Buhari is a northerner.

Now that Atiku is there. He will share the votes there with Buhari. Atiku gets 60% from north, gets 40% from SW, gets 90% from SE, gets 90% from SS, gets 70% from middle belt.

Congrats Atiku you're the next president of Nigeria with Iweala as your vice president.

This is practical.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West by Ategberoson(m): 4:46am On Oct 10, 2018
cheesy

at this critical time I have said it incessantly, miscalculation from Atiku this time we silent him forever. no southwesterners will vote for north/east presidency not even PDP members in all southwest States because they will see it as political sideline against southwest

having said that, if Atiku pick from southwest he must picked a popular, stainless, and a man loved from southwest. as things unfold when atiku pick southwest. as VP, 2019 is a win win for southwest and if atiku didn't pick sw as VP then their full support to APC can make atiku to go on exile with depression

I saw restructuring in atiku manifestoes. write it down, atiku won't and can't restructure Nigeria even towards the kick start of his Campaign he would drop it as northerners won't vote for him

1 Like

Re: South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West by Mujtahida: 4:48am On Oct 10, 2018
Malaifia1993:
Christian my foot. my dear you don't know who you are if you condemned atiku as evil and praise buhari as saint. if atiku is evil as you say,buhari being vindictive in nature, would have extradited him to USA without going against his business interest in NPA.enjoy your 30k while it last
Don't mind the ignorant, deceitful hypocrites. Atiku is the devil but Buhari is an Angel. Very silly crass myopic thinking.
Re: South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West by maisauki: 4:50am On Oct 10, 2018
diebuhari1:
yolubas av sown since - u guys too shd begin to marpy more than one wife ane giving tirth to two digit children
Re: South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West by Fxwarrior: 4:51am On Oct 10, 2018
gratiaeo:
If yoruba want vp ticket let Tinubu decamp to PDP them we can take them serious

Very sensible argument.

1 Like

Re: South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West by baysol: 4:52am On Oct 10, 2018
diebuhari1:
You get rope? To an igbo tribalist politics is all about their stock and people because of their wicked agenda. Since 1960 who igbo in politics epp? Digest that from history. Lobatan.
Re: South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West by Mujtahida: 4:55am On Oct 10, 2018
senatordave1:

That is what most cant seem to get.buhari[b]is like their sardauna,aminu kano and usman dan fodio[/b].the support buhari has has been cultivated since 2002 and grown over the years.atiku doesnt have that.its too late to try it.atiku cant get more than 20% in nw/ne.most of atiku's pals are elitist.even his loyallist are loyal because of his pocket unlike the undying loyalty buharists have.atiku will struggle in several ss/se states evwn if he chooses vp from both se/sw.where in ss are you from sir?
Still? This is not 2015. Did you read of the man from Zamfara who laid on the road in protest against Buhari's government? In the past he would have been lynched. But he was not. There's a quiet anti Buhari feeling in the North. He has been shown to be empty. This is not 2015.

I laugh when I read political projections and analysis. Reason out Osun state. It took APC by surprise. They had to rally through the use of fraud to win the election. My point is all these projections are like Pre world cup analysis. Germany was the bookmakers favourite. Germany was kicked out first round. It's not the way it is thought to be that it would be.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West by laffwitmi: 4:59am On Oct 10, 2018
Wherever he likes make he pick

Sai baba till 2013

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (22) (Reply)

Olumide Akpata & Osayamon Ogbebor Pre-Wedding Photos / EFCC Arrests Maurice Iwu, Ex-INEC Chairman / How Petitions On Tinubu’s Bullion Vans Landed Magu In Trouble

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.