Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,163 members, 7,811,358 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:08 AM

In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? (3194 Views)

Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other / The Appearance Of The Sign Of The Son Of Man In Heaven And The Coming Of Jesus / Primate Ayodele: Five Nations Will Come Out Of Nigeria; Two Will Be Greater Than (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Emusan(m): 2:19pm On Mar 09
MaxInDHouse:
This is what i asked you to quote:

And you have it.

The verse you quoted is controversial for instance this is what my own copy of the Bible says in that verse:

Look! He is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, and those who pierced him; and all the tribes of the earth will beat themselves in grief because of him. Yes, Amen.  “I am the Alʹpha and the O·meʹga,” says JEHOVAH God, “the One who is and who was and who is coming, the Almighty

It's controversial to you.

But if you want to know if your translation is accurate provide the Greek version of that verse let's see where Greek word translated to Jehovah is part of the scripture.

It's evident verse 7 says Jesus is COMING and verse 8 says the person coming is THE ALMIGHTY ONE.

So two different people spoke here not just one that's why i asked you to quote where the Bible directly said "Jesus is Almighty God" undecided

Not two different people only a perverted translation will insert what was not in the original manuscript.

It's simple because the only PERSON RECORDED to be coming as verse 7 put it is only Jesus Christ and verse 8 says the Person is ALMIGHTY ONE.
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Janosky: 2:47pm On Mar 09
Emusan:

.Not two different people only a perverted translation will insert what was not in the original manuscript.

It's simple because the only PERSON RECORDED to be coming as verse 7 put it is only Jesus Christ and verse 8 says the Person is ALMIGHTY ONE.

Emusan MUMU grin

@Revelation 1:1 , Emusan, who owns the revelation given to John the apostle?

When I send you to read my SPEECH for ceremony,nah you be the Boss wey get the Speech?

Jesus Christ gave his Father's revelation to John & your MUMU brain too dull to understand verse 7 &8.
Jehovah God owns the revelation.
Therefore,Jehovah God the Almighty is coming through His son , Jesus Christ. "I have come in the name of my Father", John 5:43. John 7:16.

Trinity nah SCAM. grin grin grin grin
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Emusan(m): 2:50pm On Mar 09
Janosky:

Emusan MUMU grin

@Revelation 1:1 , Emusan, who owns the revelation given to John the apostle?

When I send you to read my SPEECH for ceremony,nah you be the Boss wey get the Speech?

Jesus Christ gave his Father's revelation to John & your MUMU brain too dull to understand verse 7 &8.
Jehovah God owns the revelation.
Therefore,Jehovah God the Almighty is coming through His son , Jesus Christ. "I have come in the name of my Father", John 5:43. John 7:16.

Trinity nah SCAM. grin grin grin grin

The day you pick your brain from your hall let me know.
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Janosky: 2:59pm On Mar 09
Steep:
There is no such things as "all other things" it was fraudulently added by Jehovah witness.
Did Hebrews 1:2 proven that Jesus Christ is not the creator?

Yes nau!

Oga Steep, until you change Hebrew 1:2 rendition to "Jesus Christ created the universe by himself", your claim is faulty.

1 Corinthians 3:23 God our Father owns Jesus.

God owns ALL things, John 17:7. Jesus said so.
Jesus Christ is a CREATED being.
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Janosky: 3:02pm On Mar 09
Emusan:

The day you pick your brain from your hall let me know.

Emusan the very day you accept Revelation 1:1,
Colossians 1:15-17 & Hebrews 1:2, there &then your Mumu go leave you & you are cured from your delusion forever.
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Janosky: 3:14pm On Mar 09
MaxInDHouse:

Please no twisting this time around, can you quote the highlighted in any verse of the Bible? smiley

grin grin grin

Even him Pope & him other gods of men no get the expo. grin
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Janosky: 3:20pm On Mar 09
jnrbayano:

Son is equal to the Father in His divinity, but inferior to the Father in His humanity.
Father means Senior.
God Almighty Yahweh has no father anywhere!

No spirit is equal to God.
Not even Jesus.
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Janosky: 3:25pm On Mar 09
Steep:
scriptures says there was nothing made that was made without christ so how could something be made without christ, use your sense atleast for once

Hebrew 1:2 , Paul the apostle addressed that nau.

Did Paul teach you that Christ is the creator?

Oga Steep,be honest to yourself nau.
Daniel 4:30,Did Nechadnezzar build Babylon without a workman?

Did Paul teach you that Christ is the Wisdom of God whom your Bible proven is the workman in Proverbs 8:22-30 NET Bible?
grin grin
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Emusan(m): 3:27pm On Mar 09
Janosky:

Emusan the very day you accept Revelation 1:1,
Colossians 1:15-17 & Hebrews 1:2, there &then your Mumu go leave you & you are cured from your delusion forever.

It's evident you haven't picked your dull brain from that hall cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Janosky: 3:29pm On Mar 09
Emusan:

It's evident you haven't picked your dull brain from that hall cheesy grin cheesy grin

You MUST present the evidence that Revelation 1:1,
Colossians 1:15-17 & Hebrews 1:2, was written at the kingdom hall.

Dim Witted OZUO grin grin grin
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Emusan(m): 3:33pm On Mar 09
Janosky:

You MUST present the evidence that Revelation 1:1,
Colossians 1:15-17 & Hebrews 1:2, was written at the kingdom hall.

Dim Witted OZUO grin grin grin

It's not about Revelation but it's about your empty brain.

So if you have picked your dull brain from your Hall then you'll address my post appropriately.

For now, it's evident you've not picked.
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Janosky: 3:59pm On Mar 09
Emusan:

It's not about Revelation but it's about your empty brain.

So if you have picked your dull brain from your Hall then you'll address my post appropriately.

For now, it's evident you've not picked.

Revelation 1:1,
Colossians 1:15-17 & Hebrews 1:2, is NOT in Emusan's brain.

E get why.
Revelation 1:1,Colossians 1:15-17 & Hebrews 1:2, can NOT stay in the brains of Faithless miscreants.

Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Emusan(m): 4:02pm On Mar 09
Janosky:

Revelation 1:1,
Colossians 1:15-17 & Hebrews 1:2, is NOT in Emusan's brain.

E get why.
Revelation 1:1,Colossians 1:15-17 & Hebrews 1:2, can NOT stay in the brains of Faithless miscreants.

Still showing evidence that your brain is still in your hall cheesy cheesy cheesy grin
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Steep: 6:51pm On Mar 09
Janosky:

Did Hebrews 1:2 proven that Jesus Christ is not the creator?
How does it prove that Jesus is not the creator?

Yes nau!

Oga Steep, until you change Hebrew 1:2 rendition to "Jesus Christ created the universe by himself", your claim is faulty.

1 Corinthians 3:23 God our Father owns Jesus.

God owns ALL things, John 17:7. Jesus said so.
Jesus Christ is a CREATED being.
yes Christ belongs to God because Jesus was anointed by the authority of the father, so how does that translate to christ being created?
God owns all things as well as christ owns all things, infact Jesus said all that belong to that belong to the father are equally his.
John 16:15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

1 Like

Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Steep: 6:55pm On Mar 09
Janosky:

Hebrew 1:2 , Paul the apostle addressed that nau.

Did Paul teach you that Christ is the creator?

Oga Steep,be honest to yourself nau.
Daniel 4:30,Did Nechadnezzar build Babylon without a workman?

Did Paul teach you that Christ is the Wisdom of God whom your Bible proven is the workman in Proverbs 8:22-30 NET Bible?
grin grin
Where did Nebuchadnezzar say he built Babylon by himself?
Unlike Nebuchadnezzar yahweh said he created the earth by himself and alone.

Isaiah 44:24 Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;

1 Like

Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Aemmyjah(m): 9:33pm On Mar 09
Janosky:

grin grin grin

Even him Pope & him other gods of men no get the expo. grin

😂
I get am
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Janosky: 11:59pm On Mar 09
Steep:

Where did Nebuchadnezzar say he built Babylon by himself?

Daniel 4:30
"As he looked out across the city, he said, ‘Look at this great city of Babylon! By my own mighty power, I have built this beautiful city as my royal residence to display my majestic splendor"

Oga Steep, @ Daniel 4:30, did Nechadnezzar say: "Steep / others & Nebuchadnezzar built Babylon"?

Oga Steep, the main point of Daniel 4:30 & Isaiah 44:24 is not rocket science nau.
@ Isaiah 44:24 Yahweh takes the credit for creation.
@ Daniel 4:30, Nechadnezzar takes the credit for building Babylon.

Steep:

Unlike Nebuchadnezzar yahweh said he created the earth by himself and alone.

Isaiah 44:24 Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;

*The question for Oga Steep
Did Yahweh work ALONE?

Oga,use your own Bible to provide the answer.
JW's know that answer

Daniel 4:30, Did Nechadnezzar do ALL the work ALONE?
Them say Tinubu built Lagos,nah him alone do all the work ?
Oga , please help yourself find out the answer. grin
grin

Oga Steep, your straw man attempt of clinging to Isaiah 44:24 is not helping you at all.
My Bible does NOT end at Isaiah 44:24. grin
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Aemmyjah(m): 4:52pm On Mar 11
Steep:

yes Christ belongs to God because Jesus was anointed by the authority of the father, so how does that translate to christ being created?
God owns all things as well as christ owns all things, infact Jesus said all that belong to that belong to the father are equally his.
John 16:15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

How then did Christ have a Father?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Emusan(m): 5:10pm On Mar 11
Aemmyjah:

Jesus have a Father the moment He came to the World.

Heb 1:5 - 'God never said this to any of the angels: “You are my Son. Today I have become your Father.”' - ERV

"For example, to which one of the angels did God ever say: “You are my son; today I have become your father”?+ And again: “I will become his father, and he will become my son”? - NWT

Another ignorance of the scripture is to think Jesus has always been the Son before He came to earth.
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Janosky: 9:04pm On Mar 11
Emusan:

Heb 1:5 - 'God never said this to any of the angels: “You are my Son. Today I have become your Father.”' - ERV

"For example, to which one of the angels did God ever say: “You are my son; today I have become your father”?+ And again: “I will become his father, and he will become my son”? - NWT

Another ignorance of the scripture is to think Jesus has always been the Son before He came to earth.

Carry your MUMU theory outta here.

". "
Amplified Bible
"And when He again brings the firstborn [highest-ranking Son] into the world" Hebrew 1:6.
Every first born is a creature.
God brings his highest ranking son in heaven into the world. Romans 8:3 confirm.

Is Reuben the highest ranking son of Jacob?

LYING no dey tire Trinitarians. grin grin
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Emusan(m): 9:10pm On Mar 11
Janosky:
Carry your MUMU theory outta here.

Carry your mumu and dull brain back to your hall.

"God brings his first born into the earth", Hebrew 1:6.
Every first born is a Son.
God brings his first born son into the world.

My Uncle first born is a girl not Son

So, just as other verses in scripture say Jesus became a Son on when He became part of the World
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Janosky: 9:35pm On Mar 11
Steep:

Oga Steep, what do you gain by going against 1 Corinthians 8:6 & Hebrew 1:2?

Jesus Christ is NOT the Creator.

Steep:

Oga Steep,

Your claim changes NOT Jesus words in John 17:7,
Jesus Christ was GIVEN whatever he has, Jesus himself said so.

Oga Steep,Which possession did Jesus Christ give God his Father?
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Janosky: 9:42pm On Mar 11
Emusan:

Carry your mumu and dull brain back to your hall.

My Uncle first born is a girl not Son

Emusan LIAR, is your Uncle's first born the highest ranking son of God @ Hebrew 1:6

Emusan:

So, just as other verses in scripture say Jesus became a Son on when He became part of the World

Amplified Bible
"And when He again brings the firstborn [highest-ranking Son] into the world" Hebrew 1:6.
Jesus Christ is his Father's highest ranking son in heaven brought into the world.

John 11:27
“Yes, Lord,” she told him. “I have always believed you are the Messiah, the Son of God, the one who has come into the world from God."

Jesus the son of God who has come in to the world.

Martha just disgrace you.
Emusan Faithless miscreants deceiving himself .
grin grin
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Emusan(m): 9:54pm On Mar 11
Janosky:
Emusan LIAR, is your Uncle's first born the highest ranking son of God @ Hebrew 1:6

Mumu JaNosense, you won't use EVERY then cheesy grin cheesy grin

Amplified Bible
Jesus Christ is his Father's highest ranking son in heaven brought into the world.

Let me help you complete that Amp Bible because it's obvious you cherry pick the part that suits you.

"And when He again brings the firstborn [highest-ranking Son] into the world, He says, “And all the angels of God are to worship Him.”

I know you're Olodo so engaging that much will keep draining your dull brain.

Verse 4&5 already stated clearly that He was made GREATER than the Angels (Including Micheal) and that THIS DAY the Father made Him Highest ranking Son.

So Jesus was never a Son from heaven and even the announcement to Mary by Gabriel still reinforced it "He shall be CALLED Son of God"

So carry your empty skull back to your hall.

Emusan Faithless miscreants deceiving himself
grin grin

JaNosense the lying liar Jws like his father the Devil never ready to receive sense. grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Janosky: 11:32pm On Mar 11
Emusan:

Let me help you complete that Amp Bible because it's obvious you cherry pick the part that suits you.

"And when He again brings the firstborn [highest-ranking Son] into the world, He says, “And all the angels of God are to worship Him.”
I know you're Olodo so engaging that much will keep draining your dull brain.

Did Jesus Christ Command Emusan to WORSHIP God hIs Father ALONE, @Matthew 4:10 & Mark 12:29?
For emphasis "Worship God his Father ALONE!!!!
Emusan choose DISOBEDIENCE.

Emusan loves the fraud of polytheism that his 3 deities mentors put in the second sentence of Hebrew 1:6. LYING & disobedience nah Emusan way..

Emusan:

Verse 4&5 already stated clearly that He was made GREATER than the Angels (Including Micheal) and that THIS DAY the Father made Him Highest ranking Son.

MUMU pharisee deceiving himself. grin grin
Every first born is greater than other sons.
Archangel Michael Jesus is the highest ranking son of God, superior to other angels.
Archangel NOT archangels, no plurality.

Emusan:

So Jesus was never a Son from heaven and even the announcement to Mary by Gabriel still reinforced it "He shall be CALLED Son of God"

LYING trinitarians grin grin
John 3:16 , John 11:27 dey your own Bible?
God sent His highest ranking only begotten son from heaven. John 3:16-17 & Hebrew 1:6.

Evidence from Jesus Christ, Martha and John the apostle.
Emusan Faithless miscreant proven DISOBEDIENCE to Jesus Christ instructions.
;
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Aemmyjah(m): 11:57pm On Mar 11
Emusan:

You've not still answered simple question as to why Jesus is addressed as son of the Father
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Steep: 1:19am On Mar 12
Aemmyjah:

1. Jesus had an eternal son- father relationship with his father, meaning his sonship had no beginning
2. God the father declared him as his son when he was born.

1 Like

Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Steep: 1:23am On Mar 12
Janosky:

Oga Steep, what do you gain by going against 1 Corinthians 8:6 & Hebrew 1:2?

Jesus Christ is NOT the Creator.

Oga Steep,

Your claim changes NOT Jesus words in John 17:7,
Jesus Christ was GIVEN whatever he has, Jesus himself said so.

Oga Steep,Which possession did Jesus Christ give God his Father?
well Jesus given glory because he took a lower position Phil 2.

1 Like

Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Emusan(m): 8:38am On Mar 12
Janosky:
Did Jesus Christ Command Emusan to WORSHIP God hIs Father ALONE, @Matthew 4:10 & Mark 12:29?
For emphasis "Worship God his Father ALONE!!!!
Emusan choose DISOBEDIENCE.

Mumu JaNosense

He couldn't hide his lying face and hypocrisy, he rush to Amp Bible to cherry pick cheesy cheesy grin cheesy

Now the lying liar jws is denying the second part of that same verse from Amp Bible.

Emusan loves the fraud of polytheism that his 3 deities mentors put in the second sentence of Hebrew 1:6. LYING & disobedience nah Emusan way..

See this mumu so the second sentence is fraud yet you took the first sentence

See how hypocrisy wants to wound JaNosense cheesy cheesy grin

MUMU pharisee deceiving himself. grin grin
Every first born is greater than other sons.
Archangel Michael Jesus is the highest ranking son of God, superior to other angels.
Archangel NOT archangels, no plurality.

Oponu FIRSTBORN means HIGHER IN RANK, so The Son is Greater than ALL ANGELS (including your god Michael) and the same Micheal Worshipped my My God, Lord and Saviour Christ Jesus the day He became A SON which means there was a time He was not a Son.

LYING trinitarians grin grin
John 3:16 , John 11:27 dey your own Bible?
God sent His highest ranking only begotten son from heaven. John 3:16-17 & Hebrew 1:6.

Evidence from Jesus Christ, Martha and John the apostle.
Emusan Faithless miscreant proven DISOBEDIENCE to Jesus Christ instructions.

Verse 5 is still giving you severe headache, I understand but you can't deal with it.

Jesus became a Son on earth. cheesy grin
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Emusan(m): 9:02am On Mar 12
Aemmyjah:
You've not still answered simple question as to why Jesus is addressed as son of the Father

You just asked this question now because this was not the question you asked initially and the funny thing is you'll ask question and someone will answer but when you're asked a question you will begin to preambulating because you know the question will expose you.

Now back your your question, Heb 1:5 is still the one that answers your question

"God never said this to any of the angels: “You are my Son. Today I have become your Father.”' - ERV

If you take your time to understand this simple verse, then you'll see the reason why Jesus was never an Angel because "God has NEVER SAID to ANY ANGEL (including Michael) that today YOU ARE MY SON" even though we read it from the scripture where the term sons of God were applied to the angels.

This shows, that Jesus was never a Son at some point and when He became part of the creation the Father ascribed the HIGHEST RANK of Sonship to Him because many have used that term son of God before Him i.e Adam that's the reason scripture went further that Jesus MUST TAKE FIRST POSITION IN EVERYTHING.

If you read scripture further, you'll understand that the term Son as applied to Jesus goes beyond mere son as used for others but Divinity. Reason why God ordered ALL ANGELS(including Michael) to Worship The Son the day He became Son. Heb 1:6

And the scriptures applied many Old Testament verses talking about Yahweh to the very Son. Heb 1:8-9

You people need Bible study badly.
Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Janosky: 1:29pm On Mar 12
Emusan:

"God never said this to any of the angels: “You are my Son. Today I have become your Father.”' - ERV

If you take your time to understand this simple verse, then you'll see the reason why Jesus was never an Angel because "God has NEVER SAID to ANY ANGEL (including Michael) that today YOU ARE MY SON" even though we read it from the scripture where the term sons of God were applied to the angels.

This shows, that Jesus was never a Son at some point and when He became part of the creation the Father ascribed the HIGHEST RANK of Sonship to Him because many have used that term son of God before Him i.e Adam that's the reason scripture went further that Jesus MUST TAKE FIRST POSITION IN EVERYTHING.

Oponu FIRSTBORN means HIGHER IN RANK, so The Son is Greater than ALL ANGELS (including your god Michael) and the same Micheal Worshipped my My God, Lord and Saviour Christ Jesus the day He became A SON which means there was a time He was not a Son.
Jesus became a Son on earth. grin grin grin

You people need Bible study badly.
Steep:
Steep post=128894145:

1. Jesus had an eternal son- father relationship with his father, meaning his sonship had no beginning
2. God the father declared him as his son when he was born

Emusan: "Jesus was NEVER a Son at some point".

Oga Steep: "Jesus had an eternal son- father relationship with his father, meaning his sonship had no beginning."

LYING no dey tire Trinitarians. grin grin grin
CONTRADICTING themselves no dey tire Trinitarians.

Confused Trinitarians confused by their MUMU doctrine.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: In What Way Is The Father Greater Than The Son? by Emusan(m): 1:33pm On Mar 12
Janosky:
Emusan: "Jesus was NEVER a Son at some point".

Oga Steep: "Jesus had an eternal son- father relationship with his father, meaning his sonship had no beginning."

LYING no dey tire Trinitarians. grin grin grin
CONTRADICTING themselves no dey tire Trinitarians.

Confused Trinitarians confused by their MUMU doctrine. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Olodo people use Jesus eternal Sonship to denote His Divinity.

He clarified his point in the second paragraph by saying "God the father declared him as his son when he was born."

You people are just too dull. cheesy grin cheesy grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Questions For 5dmindset / What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul / Is The Black Church All About Titles And Positions?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.