Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand (6475 Views)

Questions For Budaatum: How Can You Follow Jesus Without Believing In Him? / Pastor Igwe Ognonnaya Gets Car Gift After Obeying God & Sacrificed His Cars / Bishop Wale Oke: How I Rejected $25 Million Loan Offer By Obeying God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by Nobody: 4:13am On Nov 03, 2018
LET THE WORDS OF JESUS BE THE FOUNDATION UPON WHICH YOU BUILD YOUR HOUSE TODAY!
Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by Nobody: 6:40am On Nov 04, 2018
It is foolishness to claim to believe in Jesus without obeying his words.
Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by Nobody: 10:08am On Nov 07, 2018
Be as the wise man that Jesus described today!
Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by Daviddson(m): 11:50am On Nov 07, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
After you got beaten blue black in the other thread, you decided to open this shallow thread. No one is saying people shouldn't obey the commandments of Jesus Christ. What we are simply saying is that eternal salvation is by faith in Jesus Christ alone and not of works of righteousness.

Ephesians 2:8-9

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of WORKS , lest any man should boast.

You see, if you have faith in Jesus Christ and you fail to do works, your faith will still be counted as a righteousness and you will have eternal life.

Romans 4:5

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

But you liars have deceived mankind that sin will prevent them from entering heaven. You forget that it is unbelief in Jesus that condemns people. For we are all sinners, but believe in Christ sets us apart.

John 3:18

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

You people believe you can save yourself by not sinning, yet you sin everyday. You are condemned already because you failed to believe in Jesus as the only one that can save you from your sins. You don't know the road to heaven, yet you believe you can get there on your own. You believe works of righteousness is what gets you saved. Then why did Jesus die?

The thief on the cross did no WORKS, yet he went to paradise. That's because he believed in Jesus. He was a terrible sinner who deserved to rot in hell, but because Jesus saw that he believed he has a kingdom, he promised to remember him when he gets there. BELIEVE worked for the sinful thief. Jesus himself even said that the Works we are to do is to simply BELIEVE in Jesus.

John 6:28-29

Then they asked him, 'What must we do to do the works of God?' Jesus answered them, 'This is the WORK of God, that you BELIEVE in him whom he has sent.

You lack believe that Jesus alone will save you, that's why you are going about thinking your not sinning is what will save you. You are doing the wrong work.

Once you believe in Jesus, you have everlasting life.

John 3:16

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Total heresy. Even hardened sinners would disagree with you because this is a blatant satanic heresy and turning of the Bible upside down to suit yourself. You're right that the Scriptures say that we're not saved by works, but several other passages attest to the necessity of "works" accompanying our Salvation - the fruits of having been saved.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by alBHAGDADI: 12:51pm On Nov 07, 2018
Daviddson:
Total heresy. Even hardened sinners would disagree with you because this is a blatant satanic heresy and turning of the Bible upside down to suit yourself. You're right that the Scriptures say that we're not saved by works, but several other passages attest to the necessity of "works" accompanying our Salvation - the fruits of having been saved.

Why not point out the verses. You will see that you misunderstood them.
Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by Daviddson(m): 1:12pm On Nov 07, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

Why not point out the verses. You will see that you misunderstood them.
You're the one misunderstanding them or even outrightly turning them upside down to satisfy yourself! If you remove the place of sin and righteousness, what's there again to consider about repentance? Why should a murderer, fornicator, hard drug user, etc, repent if he'll continue doing the same things after verbally professing to have repented? Think about it, bro and get yourself from these bouts of heresy and pandering towards sin.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by alBHAGDADI: 4:37pm On Nov 07, 2018
Daviddson:
You're the one misunderstanding them or even outrightly turning them upside down to satisfy yourself! If you remove the place of sin and righteousness, what's there again to consider about repentance? Why should a murderer, fornicator, hard drug user, etc, repent if he'll continue doing the same things after verbally professing to have repented? Think about it, bro and get yourself from these bouts of heresy and pandering towards sin.
I really thought you were going to quote several verses for me to explain how misconstrued you got them.

Can a man live without sin? No

You don't seem to understand what happens the moment you become a believer. You become a new person. The Holy Spirit in you will ensure you stay away from terrible sin. That doesn't mean you won't sin once in a while.

Except you want to show me a believer that has never sinned since he accepted Jesus.
Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by budaatum: 5:49pm On Nov 07, 2018
Daviddson:
Even "repent", is work to "remove the place of sin and righteousness".

A "murderer, fornicator, hard drug user, etc", who does not work at repentance will simply remain a "murderer, fornicator, hard drug user, etc".

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by budaatum: 5:53pm On Nov 07, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

Can a man live without sin?
Yes, a person can live without sinning, or at least a woman can, or Jesus would have to have asked for the impossible when he said, "go, and sin no more".

You just have to work at it, harder, man.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by Daviddson(m): 6:54pm On Nov 07, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
I really thought you were going to quote several verses for me to explain how misconstrued you got them.
I would have quoted several verses to back up my assertion but I'm sure it'll spin into an endless back and forth argument, so I chose not to.
Can a man live without sin? No
You don't seem to understand what happens the moment you become a believer. You become a new person. The Holy Spirit in you will ensure you stay away from terrible sin. That doesn't mean you won't sin once in a while.
Except you want to show me a believer that has never sinned since he accepted Jesus.
You're beginning to shift grounds by telling me there are terrible sins (which I agree to), but if you really believe there's no need for work (change of character, behaviour, way of live) to accompany our salvation, then nobody would even believe there's anything called sin once you have owned up to having given your life to Christ.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by alBHAGDADI: 7:26pm On Nov 07, 2018
Daviddson:
I would have quoted several verses to back up my assertion but I'm sure it'll spin into an endless back and forth argument, so I chose not to. You're beginning to shift grounds by telling me there are terrible sins (which I agree to), but if you really believe there's no need for work (change of character, behaviour, way of live) to accompany our salvation, then nobody would even believe there's anything called sin once you have owned up to having given your life to Christ.

You shouldn't be scared of quoting verses to buttress your point. What you will basically be doing henceforth is trying to convince me based on your own understanding, not the Bible's.

Me talking about terrible sin is not me shifting ground. Peter committed a terrible sin of denying Jesus Christ. He did so because he didn't have the Holy Spirit. Once you have the Holy Spirit, you will hardly commit such sins.

You are mistaken in thinking that sin, no matter how small or terrible, is what damns one to hell. That is why you are hell bent on Works to save yourself. Rejection of Jesus Christ is what damns one to hell, not sin as you see it. Once you accept Christ, your sins can never prevent you from eternal life because you believe in Jesus. But once you don't believe in Jesus as it suppose to be, the. you are doomed.

The moment you believe in Jesus, you have eternal life. No sin can take that away from you, or else the below verse will be false.

John 3:36
He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

If you say one can lose his salvation for not doing works, then it means one can lose the eternal life given to him for believing in Jesus. That means the life was never eternal if it could be snatched from him for committing sin. You holding such believe means you have called God a liar for you reject the record He gave of His Son. This record says we have eternal life just for believing in Jesus. But you say we can lose it if we sin. That means you have stated that the life God gave us isn't eternal, doesn't last long, if we could lose it. You have called God a liar.

1 John 5:10-13

He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.

11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by alBHAGDADI: 7:29pm On Nov 07, 2018
budaatum:

Yes, a person can live without sinning, or at least a woman can, or Jesus would have to have asked for the impossible when he said, "go, and sin no more".

Mention one person that lived or lives without sin. Your inability to provide an answer will show you that you have misunderstood Christ's words.
Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by budaatum: 7:35pm On Nov 07, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

Mention one person that lived or lives without sin. Your inability to provide an answer will show you that you have misunderstood Christ's words.

Me!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by budaatum: 7:40pm On Nov 07, 2018
Accepting Jesus into one's life itself means work! Or what use is salt that has lost it's saltiness?

Can one be said to have accepted Jesus into one's life without doing the work of "do my will", and "love your neighbour", or even "going forth to preach the gospel", to mention a few? Or are these not required works, according to Christ?

alBHAGDADI:

You shouldn't be scared of quoting verses to buttress your point. What you will basically be doing henceforth is trying to convince me based on your own understanding, not the Bible's.

Me talking about terrible sin is not me shifting ground. Peter committed a terrible sin of denying Jesus Christ. He did so because he didn't have the Holy Spirit. Once you have the Holy Spirit, you will hardly commit such sins.

You are mistaken in thinking that sin, no matter how small or terrible, is what damns one to hell. That is why you are hell bent on Works to save yourself. Rejection of Jesus Christ is what damns one to hell, not sin as you see it. Once you accept Christ, your sins can never prevent you from eternal life because you believe in Jesus. But once you don't believe in Jesus as it suppose to be, the. you are doomed.

The moment you believe in Jesus, you have eternal life. No sin can take that away from you, or else the below verse will be false.

John 3:36
He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

If you say one can lose his salvation for not doing works, then it means one can lose the eternal life given to him for believing in Jesus. That means the life was never eternal if it could be snatched from him for committing sin. You holding such believe means you have called God a liar for you reject the record He gave of His Son. This record says we have eternal life just for believing in Jesus. But you say we can lose it if we sin. That means you have stated that the life God gave us isn't eternal, doesn't last long, if we could lose it. You have called God a liar.

1 John 5:10-13

He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.

11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by alBHAGDADI: 7:48pm On Nov 07, 2018
budaatum:
Accepting Jesus into one's life itself means work! Or what use is salt that has lost it's saltiness?

Can one be said to have accepted Jesus into one's life without doing the work of "do my will", and "love your neighbour", or even "going forth to preach the gospel", to mention a few? Or are these not required works, according to Christ?

Accepting Jesus Christ without doing works still makes one a righteous man.

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.
Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by alBHAGDADI: 7:50pm On Nov 07, 2018
budaatum:

Me!
Are you sure?

Have you ever seen a beggar and your mind told you to give him money but you failed to?

John 4:17
Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.
Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by budaatum: 10:06pm On Nov 07, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

Are you sure?

Have you ever seen a beggar and your mind told you to give him money but you failed to?

John 4:17
Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.
I've seen lots of beggars and not given them money and I do not consider it a sin. If it was, then even Jesus was a sinner since he did not go about giving every beggar money. Or would you claim there were no beggars in his time, or he did not see or know it was a sin? Makes me wonder if you know what sin is really!

But take what you quoted. Does one not have to do work in order to know? After all, if one bothered to do the work to ask the beggar about their needs one would know.
Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by budaatum: 10:09pm On Nov 07, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

Accepting Jesus Christ without doing works still makes one a righteous man.

You believe that if it pleases you. Personally, anyone who claims to have accepted a single iota of what is Jesus into their life would manifest it through their works or the little they have would be taken from them and teeth gnashing would be their hobby.
Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by alBHAGDADI: 7:21am On Nov 08, 2018
budaatum:

You believe that if it pleases you. Personally, anyone who claims to have accepted a single iota of what is Jesus into their life would manifest it through their works or the little they have would be taken from them and teeth gnashing would be their hobby.
I believe it because that's what the Bible says. You my friend hasn't been able to use Bible verses to back your stance. You are just dishing out words of your own understanding.

Yes, when we are saved, we manifest it's fruits which are works. But those works are not what saves us, because we are saved already. Those works only show we are saved. Even if we do not works, we are still saved because we are righteous for having faith in Jesus.

Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by alBHAGDADI: 7:23am On Nov 08, 2018
budaatum:

I've seen lots of beggars and not given them money and I do not consider it a sin. If it was, then even Jesus was a sinner since he did not go about giving every beggar money. Or would you claim there were no beggars in his time, or he did not see or know it was a sin? Makes me wonder if you know what sin is really!

But take what you quoted. Does one not have to do work in order to know? After all, if one bothered to do the work to ask the beggar about their needs one would know.

Jesus gave to beggars. He gave them something greater than money. He healed everyone that BEGGED him to heal them.

Your failure to give beggars means you have sinned. Yet you say you are sinless. This is against the Bible. which says "all have sinned". You are a liar.
Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by Nobody: 9:42am On Nov 08, 2018
budaatum:

Wow! I had already liked and shared but this one deserved more, so had to show up to say that you finish work for there. Well done Bro! Well done!

1 Like

Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by Nobody: 9:51am On Nov 08, 2018
Daviddson:
Preach on preacher! Fire down!! Let the devil go to hell if he likes...Oh ok he there already! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by budaatum: 12:19pm On Nov 08, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

Jesus gave to beggars. He gave them something greater than money. He healed everyone that BEGGED him to heal them.

Your failure to give beggars means you have sinned. Yet you say you are sinless. This is against the Bible. which says "all have sinned". You are a liar.
I too give to beggars. When I walk past they receive. I am walking by here giving to you, and even whilst you disagree, you have received. I am not a liar. You just don't know you are a beggar.

But if I am a sinner, according to you, for not giving to beggars, then God too is a sinner, and a greater sinner than I am. I may see the beggars I walk by, but the Omniscient God sees all beggars. Yet the poor are still amongst us, while all God need do is look upon them and make them all rich!

Ogbeni, stop begging around with your illogical misunderstanding and receive the gift you are being given. There is power, they say, in the name of Jesus. Power is for work! Those who receive the gift of God would not be begging to begin with!
Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by budaatum: 1:19pm On Nov 08, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
I believe it because that's what the Bible says. You my friend hasn't been able to use Bible verses to back your stance. You are just dishing out words of your own understanding.

Yes, when we are saved, we manifest it's fruits which are works. But those works are not what saves us, because we are saved already. Those works only show we are saved. Even if we do not works, we are still saved because we are righteous for having faith in Jesus.

When you have Jesus in you you would find no need to worry about righteousness or salvation, which is a worry of the damned, and not a worry for those who are much more important than the birds and the bees! Those with Jesus would be going forth "doing my will" "caring for my sheep" and "feeding my lambs". But here you are claiming righteousness whilst (unintentionally, I contend), giving stones and calling it bread! Is it not true that “the servant who knows the master’s will and does not get ready [work] or does not do what the master wants [work] will be beaten with many blows"? If you do no works, you are saltless salt, a hidden lamp, and no different to a person who hides his talent for fear of his master! Even the righteousness such people have would be eaten by moths and they would weep and gnash their teeth!

But I know you do do works alBHAGDADI. When you read your Bible, you work to improve yourself! When you write on here, you work to improve others and to improve yourself! Even by engaging with others you work to understand! And all this, you desire to do specifically to the glory of your God! So stop misleading others and preach what you do. Faith without works is death. For faith, itself, is power to do work, just as the seed produces fruits!

P.s. If you work a tinsy bit harder, you would notice that I do reference the Bible. To be rather specific, I buda, "pick up some mud, spit on it, and rub it in your eyes"! You just need to "lean not on your own understanding" and become as a newborn child. If you allow the Holy Spirit to work in you, you would see!
Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by Nobody: 4:40am On Nov 09, 2018
It's a good thing to call Jesus, Lord, Lord, but it alone is not good enough to take you to Heaven where He is!
Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by Nobody: 7:52am On Nov 10, 2018
If you used to be as the foolish ones who call Jesus, Lord, Lord, but do not what he says, today is a good day that God has given you to move on to the wise side of life.
Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by Nobody: 4:17am On Nov 11, 2018
Never a wise day to be foolish!
Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by Nobody: 5:19am On Nov 12, 2018
Obedience of the teachings of Jesus is sancrosant with respect to His church!
Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by Nobody: 6:21am On Nov 13, 2018
A day to be wise!
Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by Nobody: 5:38am On Nov 14, 2018
I want to as the wise man in the saying of Jesus. How about you?
Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by Nobody: 6:06am On Nov 15, 2018
The Words of Jesus is the true Rock, and it's by keeping it that someone truly builds a House on the Rock!
Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by Nobody: 5:30am On Nov 16, 2018
If Jesus tells you to do something, you'd be foolish not to obey!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ananta Bijoy Das Hacked To Death For Criticizing Islam / If The Writers Of Adam And Eve Were Honest / Efun Native Chalk Medicine Preparation In My Shrine (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.