Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:07 AM

Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand (6461 Views)

Questions For Budaatum: How Can You Follow Jesus Without Believing In Him? / Pastor Igwe Ognonnaya Gets Car Gift After Obeying God & Sacrificed His Cars / Bishop Wale Oke: How I Rejected $25 Million Loan Offer By Obeying God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by Nobody: 10:24am On Oct 24, 2018
Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by Nobody: 10:26am On Oct 24, 2018
budaatum:

I guess I'm not one of the happy chosen few, thats why I have no encounter.

I guess it's a good thing I don't need saving. Imagine if I did and no encounter!

Proverbs 2:4 If thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as for hid treasures;

Proverbs 7:15 Therefore came I forth to meet thee, diligently to seek thy face, and I have found thee.

Proverbs 8:17 I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me.

Proverbs 11:27 He that diligently seeketh good procureth favour: but he that seeketh mischief, it shall come unto him.

seek God, seek his wisdom, seek his righteousness not human false righteousness and you will find him.

God's Spirit does not strife. stop imposing your views.

1 Corinthians 1:19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.

1 Corinthians 1:20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?

1 Corinthians 1:25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

Matthew 5:6 Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by budaatum: 12:17pm On Oct 24, 2018
solite3:

Proverbs 2:4 If thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as for hid treasures;

Proverbs 7:15 Therefore came I forth to meet thee, diligently to seek thy face, and I have found thee.

Proverbs 8:17 I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me.

Proverbs 11:27 He that diligently seeketh good procureth favour: but he that seeketh mischief, it shall come unto him.
Oh Wisdom! How I seek thee! But some have made the mistake to make gods of those you have endowed with thy gift, not making a god of you yourself, but making gods of those you've blessed!

Oh Wisdom! Wisely the world came into being, but give you credit, they do not do. They make gods of whom they please, and credit for thy creation they give to these!

Oh Wisdom! All who have thee live long lifes, for by thy endowments you prolong existence, even everlastingly though they die. Yet do many worship those you have endowed, and worship not you the Endower!

Oh Wisdom! If they knew you were the God, worship thee would suffice not, but they know not, they so know not, despite, as you say, you beckon them, know!

Oh solite3. If you truly understood Wisdom in the book of Proverbs, you would consider if it were a thing to worship, or a thing to use. Yet what you do is replace it with an idol which you worship! This, despite your very own Lord advising thee, "when I return to the Father, I'll send it to dwell in your very own head and comfort you", you create images and worship these. Yet, Wisdom works hard to break through!

It is Wisdom that you worship in Christ. It is Wisdom that gives eternal life. And yes, when you accept Wisdom into your life you too shall not die. Yet, satan, which is ignorance, works hard to veil Wisdom from you. It is a great travesty. The greatest travesty ever that ignorance seems to so easily triumph. But the veil is being rent asunder, oh Wisdom!

Remember today, solite3. It is the day you peek behind the veil, and one day soon shall you tear it down! Those Wisdom endowed cannot have lived in vain!
Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by budaatum: 12:22pm On Oct 24, 2018
solite3:

1 Corinthians 1:25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
The above is from Paul. Having persecuted those who followed 'Christ' and failed, he tries new tactics of filling new wines in his old bottles and continues in his old ways!

And it seems to have worked, if you ask me. So far, and for now!
Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by Nobody: 1:31pm On Oct 24, 2018
budaatum:

Oh Wisdom! How I seek thee! But some have made the mistake to make gods of those you have endowed with thy gift, not making a god of you yourself, but making gods of those you've blessed!

Oh Wisdom! Wisely the world came into being, but give you credit, they do not do. They make gods of whom they please, and credit for thy creation they give to these!

Oh Wisdom! All who have thee live long lifes, for by thy endowments you prolong existence, even everlastingly though they die. Yet do many worship those you have endowed, and worship not you the Endower!

Oh Wisdom! If they knew you were the God, worship thee would suffice not, but they know not, they so know not, despite, as you say, you beckon them, know!

Oh solite3. If you truly understood Wisdom in the book of Proverbs, you would consider if it were a thing to worship, or a thing to use. Yet what you do is replace it with an idol which you worship! This, despite your very own Lord advising thee, "when I return to the Father, I'll send it to dwell in your very own head and comfort you", you create images and worship these. Yet, Wisdom works hard to break through!

It is Wisdom that you worship in Christ. It is Wisdom that gives eternal life. And yes, when you accept Wisdom into your life you too shall not die. Yet, satan, which is ignorance, works hard to veil Wisdom from you. It is a great travesty. The greatest travesty ever that ignorance seems to so easily triumph. But the veil is being rent asunder, oh Wisdom!

Remember today, solite3. It is the day you peek behind the veil, and one day soon shall you tear it down! Those Wisdom endowed cannot have lived in vain!
do you know the beginning of wisdom?

Proverbs 9:10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.

true wisdom has its origin from the fear of God.

seek the true wisdom not human philosophy and sophistry.
God has already made a way for your salvation irrespective of what you have done but it is up to you either to receive it or reject it!

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by Nobody: 1:40pm On Oct 24, 2018
budaatum:

The above is from Paul. Having persecuted those who followed 'Christ' and failed, he tries new tactics of filling new wines in his old bottles and continues in his old ways!

And it seems to have worked, if you ask me. So far, and for now!

do you know the story of paul? He called Saul before his conversion, he hated the Christians and their teachings, he was a murder and a blasphemer until he was arrested by christ.
He Paul was an apostle of christ sent to build that which he formally destroyed, he was used mightily by the holy Spirit for his work
I pray you will have an encounter that will open your eyes and see the glorious Jesus Christ the saviour.
Paul's teachings were directly from Jesus Christ for the church (the body of Christ).
Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by budaatum: 1:49pm On Oct 24, 2018
solite3:
do you know the beginning of wisdom?

Proverbs 9:10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.

true wisdom has its origin from the fear of God
Wisdom has absolutely nothing to do with the fear of anything, apart from fear being a lack of wisdom. It is the ignorant that use fear to decrease their own hope and limit their own victories.

There are numerous verses in the Bible itself that admonish against fear. The fear of a so called "loving god" is most absurd!
Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by budaatum: 1:52pm On Oct 24, 2018
solite3:

He Paul was an apostle of christ sent to build that which he formally destroyed, he was used mightily by the holy Spirit for his work
I beg to differ that he was an apostle of christ. In fact, Christ is most obscured by most of what Paul is alledged to have written!
Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by Nobody: 4:03pm On Oct 24, 2018
Well i'm sorry, i tried hard not to interfere in your exchanges my brodas here, solite3 and budaatum, but i felt so compelled to. I would say my position on this matter is a mix of both of yours in the sense that while i believe that Paul was indeed a true apostle of Jesus, i would also say his made a lot of mistakes in his teachings, one of which is what we are trying hard to correct here. For most of those who think that they can just believe in Jesus without keeping his words usually get that misconception from Paul's teachings, as it's what they more or less use to justify such beliefs. But Paul was just a disciple of Jesus, and not even amongst the first set of disciples as he didn't even meet Jesus while he was on Earth. But in spite of this many who claim to be followers of Jesus would think it usual to extol the teachings of a disciple over that of the master. Hence the need for the teachings of the master to be lifted up, so that people can decide who their master really is. If Jesus or someone else.
Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by Nobody: 7:51pm On Oct 24, 2018
budaatum:

Wisdom has absolutely nothing to do with the fear of anything, apart from fear being a lack of wisdom. It is the ignorant that use fear to decrease their own hope and limit their own victories.

There are numerous verses in the Bible itself that admonish against fear. The fear of a so called "loving god" is most absurd!
do you know what the fear of God is?
for a start the fear of God is the beginning of wisdom but fool dispises knowledge.

the first principle in this life to live well and say good days is to fear God.
Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by Nobody: 7:56pm On Oct 24, 2018
budaatum:

I beg to differ that he was an apostle of christ. In fact, Christ is most obscured by most of what Paul is alledged to have written!
it is only blindness that obscures most people's from christ.
Paul's knowledge about the mysteries of christ is far advance that it sounds like nonsense to many just like teaching quantum physics to a 5 yr old.
Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by Nobody: 8:19pm On Oct 24, 2018
jesusjnr:
Well i'm sorry, i tried hard not to interfere in your exchanges my brodas here, solite3 and budaatum, but i felt so compelled to. I would say my position on this matter is a mix of both of yours in the sense that while i believe that Paul was indeed a true apostle of Jesus, i would also say his made a lot of mistakes in his teachings, one of which is what we are trying hard to correct here. For most of those who think that they can just believe in Jesus without keeping his words usually get that misconception from Paul's teachings, as it's what they more or less use to justify such beliefs. But Paul was just a disciple of Jesus, and not even amongst the first set of disciples as he didn't even meet Jesus while he was on Earth. But in spite of this many who claim to be followers of Jesus would think it usual to extol the teachings of a disciple over that of the master. Hence the need for the teachings of the master to be lifted up, so that people can decide who their master really is. If Jesus or someone else.
Paul's teaching is 100% Christ teaching.
nobody is lifting Paul up but his teachings are the foundations of Christianity.
in fact Christ didn't say much on earth hence he promised the holy Spirit to do the job hence Paul mostly was choosing for this special purpose

John 16:12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.

16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Galatians 1:1 Paul, an apostle, (not of men, neither by man, but by Jesus Christ, and God the Father, who raised him from the deadwink

anyone against Paul's teaching is an antichrist.
saying Paul made a mistake in his teaching means the holy spirit made a mistake.
tell me are you going to teach the holy Spirit?

Paul's ministry is to reveal the mysteries of God in Christ to the Gentles.

Christ is more interested for people knowing the truth than for them to sing is praise.
Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by Nobody: 8:32pm On Oct 24, 2018
Jesusjnr yes it's futile for one to say he believes in Jesus without obeying his word but what type of obedience does Christ need? it is to believe the gospel, the gospel about himself.

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

there is no other way a man can be saved but to trust on his finished work none of your work is need.
if Paul wad alive today I bet many folks would have stoned him.
the gospel of grace gives 100% credit to God and zero to man.

do you obey God or man?

salvation the 100% the work of God.

Acts 5:29 Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.
Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by Nobody: 8:37pm On Oct 24, 2018
solite3:
Paul's teaching is 100% Christ teaching.
nobody is lifting Paul up but his teachings are the foundations of Christianity.
in fact Christ didn't say much on earth hence he promised the holy Spirit to do the job hence Paul mostly was choosing for this special purpose

John 16:12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.

16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of his...
Galatians 1:1 Paul, an apostle, (not of men, neither by man, but by Jesus Christ, and God the Father, who raised him from the deadwink

anyone against Paul's teaching is an antichrist...
I have already heard what i want to hear from you so i'm not gonna join issues with you but just want to correct a mistake you made in that anyone who is against the teachings of Paul is an antipaul and not an anti-christ except you are saying that Paul is your christ then so be it, for he's not mine. Jesus is!

1 Like

Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by Nobody: 9:01pm On Oct 24, 2018
jesusjnr:
I have already heard what i want to hear from you so i'm not gonna join issues with you but just want to correct a mistake you made in that anyone who is against the teachings of Paul is an antipaul and not an anti-christ except you are saying that Paul is your christ then so be it, for he's not mine. Jesus is!

Galatians 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

Galatians 1:9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

do you see this? any man even if it is an angel that preached what Paul and the other apostles had not preached let him be accursed.
what you have is another gospel if it does not agree with what Paul teaches.
Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by Nobody: 9:17pm On Oct 24, 2018
solite3:

Galatians 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

Galatians 1:9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

do you see this? any man even if it is an angel that preached what Paul and the other apostles had not preached let him be accursed.
See Mr solite3 i have a simple question for you. If Jesus tells you to do something and Paul tells you to do otherwise, who will you obey? Your honest answer to that question would tell who your Lord truly is.
Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by Nobody: 9:33pm On Oct 24, 2018
jesusjnr:
See Mr solite3 i have a simple question for you. If Jesus tells you to do something and Paul tells you to do otherwise, who will you obey? Your honest answer to that question would tell who your Lord truly is.
that cannot happen because the same Spirit that was in Jesus is also in paul.

those things Paul taught he didn't learn them from man but from Christ himself.
Galatians 1:11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.

1:12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

any other revelation that contradict the gospel is a cursed gospel.

1 Corinthians 11:19 For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you.

2 Peter 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by Nobody: 10:26pm On Oct 24, 2018
solite3:
that cannot happen because the same Spirit that was in Jesus is also in paul...
2 Peter 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies...
I just asked you a simple question and it seems the answer's too heavy for you. Now you also quoted Peter here, so can you remember what Peter said that made Jesus say to him, "get thee behind me Satan"? So if Peter one of the apostles who had learnt directly from Jesus could make such a mistake and say something contrary that would warrant such a drastic response from Jesus, how much more could Paul who didn't even learn directly from Jesus also possibly make a mistake? One thing that distinguishes both of them from Jesus is that Jesus never made a mistake, hence their teaching ought to pass the test of the master's words before it should be observed otherwise one would be liable to make same mistakes they may have made.
Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by budaatum: 10:32pm On Oct 24, 2018
jesusjnr:
Stop this please junior jesus! angry angry

I am having to force myself not to like you!
Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by budaatum: 10:44pm On Oct 24, 2018
solite3:

James preached a Gospel different to Paul's when he said:

What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them? Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it? In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.

But someone will say, “You have faith; I have deeds.”

Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by my deeds. You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder.

You foolish person, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless?

I guess James is accursed and an antichrist, right?!

Paul, to me, was a self promoting priq!
Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by Nobody: 10:46pm On Oct 24, 2018
budaatum:
Stop this please junior jesus! angry angry
I am having to force myself not to like you!
wink

1 Like

Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by budaatum: 10:48pm On Oct 24, 2018
solite3:
that cannot happen because the same Spirit that was in Jesus is also in paul.
O really?! Jesus, you call the Son of God. Makes me think the spirit in him was kind of special. Yet here you are claiming that same spirit was in Paul!

Did humble Jesus go about extolling his credentials like arrogant Paul did?
Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by budaatum: 10:53pm On Oct 24, 2018
Do you see the problem when they "believe" without breathing life in to the Word and seeking understanding? They are like the Pharisees who know the law inside out but following in Spirit is beyond them. To me, they waste every thing good about Jesus Christ and make me want to thank God for creating me an atheist!

In fact, thank you God for creating me an atheist!
Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by Nobody: 11:04pm On Oct 24, 2018
budaatum:

What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them? Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you says to them, “Go in peace...In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.

Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by my deeds. You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder.

Please calm down, Paul made some human mistakes quite alright, but he's a friend because of the good things he did, and that's why we are here to help him out.
Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by Nobody: 12:05am On Oct 25, 2018
budaatum:
Do you see the problem when they "believe" without breathing life in to the Word and seeking understanding? They are like the Pharisees who know the law inside out but following in Spirit is beyond them. To me, they waste every thing good about Jesus Christ and make me want to thank God for creating me an atheist
Wow this is really some crazy stuff. Although i knew what i had was crazy already but i wanted to prove it on this platform to confirm if it was as crazy as it seemed, but with things like this, it shows that this is gonna really be something. How on Earth was i able to spot you? Don't tell me that there isn't a God, otherwise you'd have to tell me how! Wow even with the disguise, that why i can't afford to stop pushing his words out, for only his words has the capacity to do such things and make someone to be able to do what he was able to do. Budaatum you can't hide anymore for the words of Jesus has done its job to seek you out! So get ready!
Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by Nobody: 12:42am On Oct 25, 2018
jesusjnr:
I just asked you a simple question and it seems the answer's too heavy for you. Now you also quoted Peter here, so can you remember what Peter said that made Jesus say to him, "get thee behind me Satan"? So if Peter one of the apostles who had learnt directly from Jesus could make such a mistake and say something contrary that would warrant such a drastic response from Jesus, how much more could Paul who didn't even learn directly from Jesus also possibly make a mistake? One thing that distinguishes both of them from Jesus is that Jesus never made a mistake, hence their teaching ought to pass the test of the master's words before it should be observed otherwise one would be liable to make same mistakes they may have made.
you have been answered.

2 Corinthians 11:13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.

state the mistake Paul made? you could not!
you just read that what Paul taught was a revelation from God himself yet you said it was a mistake. Mr man it is clear who you are.
you are calling God a liar but you are a deceiver and an heretic.
Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by Nobody: 12:47am On Oct 25, 2018
budaatum:

What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them? Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it? In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.

keep opposing yourself God's word stand for ever.
Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by Nobody: 12:51am On Oct 25, 2018
budaatum:

O really?! Jesus, you call the Son of God. Makes me think the spirit in him was kind of special. Yet here you are claiming that same spirit was in Paul!

Did humble Jesus go about extolling his credentials like arrogant Paul did?

you sound dumb and pained. stop masquerading your fake self mr. you are an agent of Satan.
Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by Nobody: 12:54am On Oct 25, 2018
budaatum:
Do you see the problem when they "believe" without breathing life in to the Word and seeking understanding? They are like the Pharisees who know the law inside out but following in Spirit is beyond them. To me, they waste every thing good about Jesus Christ and make me want to thank God for creating me an atheist!

In fact, thank you God for creating me an atheist!
which God? OK your god of self delusion.
Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by Nobody: 1:06am On Oct 25, 2018
jesusjnr:
Please calm down, Paul made some human mistakes quite alright, but he's a friend because of the good things he did, and that's why we are here to help him out.
so Paul made human mistake? Mr jesusjnr what is the mistake? you want to help paul? stop masquerading yourself.
your judgement has long been spoken of! you are messing with God Almighty.

Hebrews 12:29 For our God is a consuming fire.

Jude 1:8 Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities.

1:18 How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.

1:19 These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit.

2 Peter 2:9 The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:

2:10 But chiefly them that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise government. Presumptuous are they, selfwilled, they are not afraid to speak evil of dignities.

2:11 Whereas angels, which are greater in power and might, bring not railing accusation against them before the Lord.

2:12 But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption;

2:13 And shall receive the reward of unrighteousness, as they that count it pleasure to riot in the day time. Spots they are and blemishes, sporting themselves with their own deceivings while they feast with you;

2:14 Having eyes full of adultery, and that cannot cease from sin; beguiling unstable souls: an heart they have exercised with covetous practices; cursed children:

2:15 Which have forsaken the right way, and are gone astray, following the way of Balaam the son of Bosor, who loved the wages of unrighteousness;

2:16 But was rebuked for his iniquity: the dumb ass speaking with man's voice forbad the madness of the prophet.

2:17 These are wells without water, clouds that are carried with a tempest; to whom the mist of darkness is reserved for ever.

2:18 For when they speak great swelling words of vanity, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through much wantonness, those that were clean escaped from them who live in error.

you shall give account of every idle words you speak on judgment day

Matthew 12:36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.

2:19 While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage.
Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by budaatum: 1:16am On Oct 25, 2018
jesusjnr:
Don't tell me that there isn't a God, otherwise you'd have to tell me how!
I am not an atheist who believes that there are no gods, but one who knows that gods do not exist outside the minds of those in whom they are created. It's my favorite line on here: "Gods are figments of the imagination that only exist in the minds of those in whom they are created". I can therefore not tell you that the god that exists in your mind is not there even though I can discuss a text about a particular god. But as to there being one god, well, the evidence hardly leads to such conclusions.

The quality of one's god is measured by one's fruits. And one's fruit depends on the quality of the seed that is planted, and on the quality of the soil it is planted on, and how well one tends the plant that produces the fruit. If one's fruits are rotten, one's god is most likely rotten too. And are there not very many rotten gods in people's minds?

It is for this reason that one should acquire the best seed, and plant it in the best soil, and tend the growing plant diligently. Then the god that grows in one's mind would be nice and juicy. And those who see you eating it would say, "tell me how to grow such wonderful fruit", for they too shall want some.
Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by budaatum: 1:22am On Oct 25, 2018
solite3:
you sound dumb and pained. stop masquerading your fake self mr. you are an agent of Satan.
I'm not masquerading. And I'm not pained. Are you pained? You sound pained! You do know I'm going to hell, right? Go on, rejoice!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Secrets Of Effective Prayers For Immediate Results / Food For Thought On Muslim, A Must Read For All Religion / If The Writers Of Adam And Eve Were Honest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.