Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,704 members, 7,809,674 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:54 PM

Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand (6443 Views)

Questions For Budaatum: How Can You Follow Jesus Without Believing In Him? / Pastor Igwe Ognonnaya Gets Car Gift After Obeying God & Sacrificed His Cars / Bishop Wale Oke: How I Rejected $25 Million Loan Offer By Obeying God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by Nobody: 2:27pm On Nov 16, 2018
The Words of Jesus, the only wise foundation to build your house upon!
Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by budaatum: 8:04pm On Nov 16, 2018
Thunder Fire Jesus Amen!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by Nobody: 8:35pm On Nov 16, 2018
budaatum:
Thunder Fire Jesus Amen!
Do you mean Jesus or jesusjnr? If I hurt you, you don't have to take it out on my Lord now, but hit me that hurt you. Except you trying to get back at me by hitting at my Master, well that's not gonna work because if you know what has already been said about Him in the past, you would know that this is close to nothing!
Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by budaatum: 4:31am On Nov 17, 2018
jesusjnr:
Do you mean Jesus or jesusjnr? If I hurt you, you don't have to take it out on my Lord now, but hit me that hurt you. Except you trying to get back at me by hitting at my Master, well that's not gonna work because if you know what has already been said about Him in the past, you would know that this is close to nothing!
I meant Jesus. And not in a bad way.
Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by Nobody: 6:08am On Nov 17, 2018
budaatum:

I meant Jesus. And not in a bad way.
Well if it was your intention, you lost me there because I can't figure out how you would say such a thing concerning him and still mean well.

And i feel that you owe me some explanation, at least for someone who was willing to take a punt on you when most felt you were too much of a risky bet?
Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by Nobody: 5:33pm On Nov 17, 2018
Wisdom is justified of her children!
Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by Nobody: 9:06am On Nov 18, 2018
I am wise because I built my house on the Rock, that is, the Words of Jesus!
Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by budaatum: 1:29pm On Nov 18, 2018
jesusjnr:
Well if it was your intention, you lost me there because I can't figure out how you would say such a thing concerning him and still mean well.

And i feel that you owe me some explanation, at least for someone who was willing to take a punt on you when most felt you were too much of a risky bet?
Perhaps you read it wrong? Perhaps you read me wrong, hence the punt?

There is power, they say, in Jesus name. See my expression as a prayer prayed in tongues that knees bow to the contents of the thread.
Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by Nobody: 2:38pm On Nov 19, 2018
The secret of the first ever church!
Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by Nobody: 6:10am On Nov 20, 2018
Speaking of the rock foundation!
Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by Nobody: 12:23pm On Nov 20, 2018
The Rock of God which guarantees that the gates of hell is Nada!
Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by Perfectbeing(m): 1:54pm On Nov 20, 2018
jesusjnr:
There's a gospel being spread around the world, by people who claim to be followers of Jesus, that to believe in Jesus you do not need to obey his words, but this is what Jesus himself, who they claim to be their Lord, said:

"And every one that
heareth these
sayings of mine, and
doeth them not, shall
be likened unto a
foolish man, which built his house upon
the sand: And the rain
descended, and the
floods came, and the
winds blew, and beat
upon that house; and
it fell: and great was the fall of it."
Mt 7:26-27.(KJV).

This is what Jesus himself said, therefore you must be wary of such people and such gospels which they preach, for their gospel is like the sand, and believing it is like building your house upon the sand, and only a foolish man would do that as Jesus himself said. Therefore be wise for it's Jesus alone who will determine who gets into eternal life and who doesn't and no one else, so that you don't build a house that ends up crashing into hell. They say, "A word is enough for the wise".

First of all, any preacher that preaches disobedience that Christ word is of the devil. (although I'm sure you're just attacking grace preachers and peddling lies about them)

2ndly you took the gospel out of context (as usual).
Jesus was telling us that any good work that is done without faith in him is like building a house on a sandy foundation.
Only in him (faith in him) is like a house built on a rock.
Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by Nobody: 2:51pm On Nov 20, 2018
DO NOT BE AS THEM FOOLISH PERSONS THAT BUILD THEIR HOUSES ON THE SAND AS JESUS THE MASTER AND LORD OF THE CHURCH SAID!
Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by Nobody: 7:01am On Nov 21, 2018
For anyone who is a true follower of Jesus, the obedience of His Words is sacrosanct!
Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by Nobody: 9:45pm On Nov 21, 2018
Obedience is key!
Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by Nobody: 6:40am On Nov 22, 2018
The children of wisdom keep Jesus' Words!
Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by Nobody: 1:11pm On Nov 22, 2018
Jesus is only your lord if you keep his word!
Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by owoleola: 2:24pm On Nov 22, 2018
jesusjnr:
Obedience is key!
Following your posts, at first I thought you meant well but later found out that you are just another in serious error. Who's Jesus and who's Paul? Why do you make it sound as if they both meant and taught different doctrines, it is people like you that divide scriptures, esteeming one part above another when all are God breathed and are in harmony. Jesus is truly God and truly man and though He walked among humans as a man He never rebuked anybody who worshipped or referred to Him as God, He even called Himself God several times (proving His deity). Paul on the other hand was a mere man whom God appointed an Apostle, he unlike Jesus did not refer to himself as God, rebuked men who referred to him as a god, worshipped God, referred to Jesus as his Lord (proving his inferiority to Christ) therefore having no authority of his own. Paul's Gospel and teachings were all Jesus', there are no discrepancies at all otherwise bring them. It is therefore ridiculous saying Jesus is your Lord and not Paul, why should that even come up?. Is there any book written by Jesus Himself? I should then ask you how you got to know about Jesus, following your sense of reasoning Matthew, Mark, Luke, John could have been mistaken or told you lies about what Jesus said too na, shallow reasoning. The Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ is the Gospel of Grace and the same was propagated by all His Apostles including Paul.
Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by Nobody: 2:47pm On Nov 22, 2018
owoleola:
Following your posts, at first I thought you meant well but later found out that you are just another in serious error. Who's Jesus and who's Paul? Why do you make it sound as if they both meant and taught different doctrines, it is people like you that divide scriptures, esteeming one part above another when all are God breathed and are in harmony. Jesus is truly God and truly man and though He walked among humans as a man He never rebuked anybody who worshipped or referred to Him as God, He even called Himself God several times (proving His deity). Paul on the other hand was a mere man whom God appointed an Apostle, he unlike Jesus did not refer to himself as God, rebuked men who referred to him as a god, worshipped God, referred to Jesus as his Lord (proving his inferiority to Christ) therefore having no authority of his own. Paul's Gospel and teachings were all Jesus', there are no discrepancies at all otherwise bring them. It is therefore ridiculous saying Jesus is your Lord and not Paul, why should that even come up?. Is there any book written by Jesus Himself? I should then ask you how you got to know about Jesus, following your sense of reasoning Matthew, Mark, Luke, John could have been mistaken or told you lies about what Jesus said too na, shallow reasoning. The Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ is the Gospel of Grace and the same was propagated by all His Apostles including Paul.
To be honest you are right to say that those who gave us the teachings of Jesus, the greatest ever legacy to those of later generations inclusive of ours, could have made some mistakes, and they certainly could be observed in the few clashes of some of their accounts of the same events.

And they also gave their own perspectives on some of the accounts they gave, however the difference between those given accounts of the life and teachings of Jesus, and a book which is more or less their own epistles, such as those of Paul, was that instead of their perspective being the main event as it was in the epistles, it was the side event, while that of Jesus was the main and central event.

And concerning whatever mistakes Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John may have made, the fact that it wasn't just one person narrating it but several, which i know was the Lords doing anyway, made it very hard for there to be much errors because someone would be able to compare, contrast, verify etc., one account or more with another.

Of course the element of faith cannot be taken away from the equation, but God has done His own part to make it credible to that extent, so that the remaining part would be up to those who receive it to believe it or not.

You said it was people like me that divide the scripture and esteem one part above another, maybe you mean people like me, such as my Master Jesus because He made it very clear that certain scriptures are above others.

And you can read the following texts - Mt 23:23, Mk 12:28-31, Mt 5:19-49 - to confirm what I just said to you, and not just once but on several occasions. And that was one of the accusations leveled at Him by people like you at the time, therefore being a true disciple who has learnt at His Master's feet, it only feels like it's just happening all over again.

For It's forbidden to spot something contrary as such and say that this is not good enough for His church, just because it was included in the Bible. I already knew what I had was something that only those of the highest spiritual level or with such potential would be able to discern, so if you are still at your spiritually infantry level where such extent of knowledge has not entrusted to you, and you want to remain there, good for you.

After all, it was the same words that drove away some people from Jesus, that yet kept those that remained with Him(Jn 6:60-71). So I won't miss you because there are those here who have remained because of the same Words I preach that is chasing you away.

So they and the ones which are of the same fold that have not heard it yet are the reason I'm still gonna keep preaching it here!
Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by Nobody: 5:13pm On Nov 22, 2018
owoleola:
To be honest you are right to say that those who gave us the teachings of Jesus, the greatest ever legacy to those of later generations inclusive of ours, could have made some mistakes, and they certainly could be observed in the few clashes of some of their accounts of the same events.

And they also gave their own perspectives on some of the accounts they gave, however the difference between those given accounts of the life and teachings of Jesus, and a book which is more or less their own epistles, such as those of Paul, was that instead of their perspective being the main event as it was in the epistles, it was the side event, while that of Jesus was the main and central event.

And concerning whatever mistakes Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John may have made, the fact that it wasn't just one person narrating it but several, which i know was the Lords doing anyway, made it very hard for there to be much errors because someone would be able to compare, contrast, verify etc., one account or more with another.

Of course the element of faith cannot be taken away from the equation, but God has done His own part to make it credible to that extent, so that the remaining part would be up to those who receive it to believe it or not.

You said it was people like me that divide the scripture and esteem one part above another, maybe you mean people like me, such as my Master Jesus because He made it very clear that certain scriptures are above others.

And you can read the following texts - Mt 23:23, Mk 12:28-31, Mt 5:19-49 - to confirm what I just said to you, and not just once but on several occasions. And that was one of the accusations leveled at Him by people like you at the time, therefore being a true disciple who has learnt at His Master's feet, it only feels like it's just happening all over again.

For It's forbidden to spot something contrary as such and say that this is not good enough for His church, just because it was included in the Bible. I already knew what I had was something that only those of the highest spiritual level or with such potential would be able to discern, so if you are still at your spiritually infantry level where such extent of knowledge has not entrusted to you, and you want to remain there, good for you!

After all, it was the same words that drove away some people from Jesus, that yet kept those that remained with Him(Jn 6:60-71). So I won't miss you, because there are those here who have remained because of the same Words I preach that is chasing you away.

So they and the ones which are of the same fold that have not heard it yet are the reason I'm still gonna keep preaching it here!
Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by Nobody: 10:38am On Nov 23, 2018
The Rock that abideth forever!
Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by owoleola: 12:39pm On Nov 23, 2018
jesusjnr:

For It's forbidden to spot something contrary as such and say that this is not good enough for His church, just because it was included in the Bible. I already knew what I had was something that only those of the highest spiritual level or with such potential would be able to discern, so if you are still at your spiritually infantry level where such extent of knowledge has not entrusted to you, and you want to remain there, good for you!

After all, it was the same words that drove away some people from Jesus, that yet kept those that remained with Him(Jn 6:60-71). So I won't miss you, because there are those here who have remained because of the same Words I preach that is chasing you away.

The way you draw out scriptures is terribly poor and alarming but that aside. Did Paul or any of the Apostles teach or preach another Gospel?
Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by Nobody: 12:56pm On Nov 23, 2018
owoleola:
The way you draw out scriptures is terribly poor and alarming but that aside. Did Paul or any of the Apostles teach or preach another Gospel?
Thank you very much for that compliment, it's really good to know from your view that I'm on the right track!
Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by owoleola: 1:01pm On Nov 23, 2018
jesusjnr:
Thank you very much for that compliment, it's really good to know from your view that I'm on the right track!
Really? shocked. Well just answer my question
Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by Nobody: 1:23pm On Nov 23, 2018
owoleola:
Really? shocked. Well just answer my question
I'm not here for a joke but for a very serious business, so I try as much as possible to only respond to people that I consider worthy of a response. There are times I get it right and my judgment is being justified, there are other times I get it very wrong.

With the benefit of hindsight I really got it wrong with you, especially when I had already decided based on your first comments that you weren't worth a response from me, however I just thought I should give a chance to see if somehow you could prove my initial judgment wrong, but you failed woefully.

So I made a serious mistake by not going by my initial judgment, but then you lose some and you win some!
Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by owoleola: 2:19pm On Nov 23, 2018
jesusjnr:
I'm not here for a joke but for a very serious business, so I try as much as possible to only respond to people that I consider worthy of a response. There are times I get it right and my judgment is being justified, there are other times I get it very wrong.

With the benefit of hindsight I really got it wrong with you, especially when I had already decided based on your first comments that you weren't worth a response from me, however I just thought I should give a chance to see if somehow you could prove my initial judgment wrong, but you failed woefully.

So I made a serious mistake by not going by my initial judgment, but then you lose some and you win some!
Whether scorned at, mocked or derided, you should still be courageous enough to make your point, stand beside it and defend with scriptures. You only have been ranting all this while about how Paul made mistakes and necessarily claiming his doctrines were a deviation from what our Lord Himself taught while He was on earth. And when asked how or why, you parry the question with silly excuses. You see, I am aware of the deviation from the true Gospel of Grace (as taught by our Lord and the Apostles) in our society nowadays among many christian circles, that which does not confront sin and ungodliness which I had of course determined to teach and preach against on social media and anywhere. But I am also aware of the other extreme, of those whom the Gospel of Grace comes as a threat to their damnable belief of "salvation by works or with works". When I came across your thread (the title) and read your first comment I was encouraged, only for me to read more and more to discover you could just be another person out there who despises the Gospel of Grace of our Lord Jesus Christ. So prove me wrong, you can start by telling me what you understand by the Gospel and whether any of the Apostles (particularly Paul) taught anything of a different sort.
Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by Nobody: 7:03am On Nov 24, 2018
The only authentic Rock of God, every other na counterfeit!
Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by Nobody: 2:46pm On Nov 24, 2018
I loves the Words of Jesus because they make me to be invincible!
Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by Nobody: 7:42am On Nov 25, 2018
The solid Rock on which my house is built!
Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by Nobody: 5:39pm On Nov 25, 2018
The only Words than has the capacity to make a mortal man stronger than the devil!
Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by Nobody: 7:17am On Nov 26, 2018
The Truth that sets many free!
Re: Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand by Nobody: 5:49pm On Nov 26, 2018
This is my invincible Foundation!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pics From Eckankar 2014 December Regional Seminar. / 40 Of My Favorite Atheist Memes / Why Do People Fear Man Rather Than God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.