Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,858 members, 7,813,931 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:52 PM

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread - Travel (145) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread (428547 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) ... (259) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Innobeem: 7:33am On Mar 17, 2020
paosca20:

Oh yeah I miss naija! I'm in Gaithersburg, Maryland. It's very close to Virginia and Washington DC.
welcome, we are your neighbors in North Carolina

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by rentAcock(m): 8:05pm On Mar 17, 2020
olamide0147:

my girlfriend is about to come down to Nigeria which will make it the first we are meeting in person and she intends to file for my k1 application, I hope one time meeting isn't bad or what are my chances ...she has a good job and own properties she's 54 and I'm 30, I really need help on what to do.

Your "girlfriend" is 54 and you are 30? More reasons why Trump should ban all Nigerians from the U.S. 95% use fiance Visa as a means to flee the country and not for love. Just so you know your chances of success is 10%. The interviewer knows you are only interested in the old white woman for paper and nothing else. Will a 54yr old bear you children? You've never met her before but you want to marry her. This makes no sense.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Nobody: 10:02pm On Mar 17, 2020
rentAcock:

Your "girlfriend" is 54 and you are 30? More reasons why Trump should ban all Nigerians from the U.S. 95% use fiance Visa as a means to flee the country and not for love. Just so you know your chances of success is 10%. The interviewer knows you are only interested in the old white woman for paper and nothing else. Will a 54 yr old bear you children? You've never met her before but you want to marry her. This makes no sense.
So true! And ask yourself, would you marry a 54 years old Nigerian lady? You probably have a young Nigerian babe, maybe even kids, and all of them are packing for to move to America on your back yet you are using the 54 years old lady to move yourself and all your family and tribe to America on her support. Good luck, not to you but to the American lady to see it all very clear.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Coquinoqui: 10:24pm On Mar 17, 2020
Anything less than 10 years is normal but above 10 years difference is red flag, your woman senior you with 24 years... your case is critical but I won't say its not possible had been not Naija is not on travel ban getting married to her would have been the best option. If she is really coming what you should worry about now is how to make her enjoy her visit and make her happy...
Fu*c it lot of folks will discourage you but if they have the opportunity they will grab it.... we've see this things happen all the time you not the first and won't be the last so just do what u can to get out this shithole

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by folarinstr: 10:47pm On Mar 17, 2020
House, pls is k3 and k4 still available for Nigerians? And if yes, pls redirect me to the link on this forum, thanks
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Nobody: 12:31am On Mar 18, 2020
Coquinoqui:
Anything less than 10 years is normal but above 10 years difference is red flag, your woman senior you with 24 years... your case is critical but I won't say its not possible had been not Naija is not on travel ban getting married to her would have been the best option. If she is really coming what you should worry about now is how to make her enjoy her visit and make her happy...
Fu*c it lot of folks will discourage you but if they have the opportunity they will grab it.... we've see this things happen all the time you not the first and won't be the last so just do what u can to get out this shithole
It is the main reason the majority of Nigerians marry white women and the majority (I did read here in Nairaland it's a 95%) divorce and then bring and marry a Nigerian young lady. You say it like it is a common sense to use an American senior lady, to waste her time and hurt her feelings for to get out of Nigeria. What about studies, job visa or any decent way to get out of there? The way you describe it, it's a young men prostitution. Go to bed with a much older woman, use her just because you need to get out of Nigeria, step on that lady's heart. It's disgusting.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Beautyaddy: 12:36am On Mar 18, 2020
paosca20:
I'm finally in US! I miss naija already! Got here yesterday

lol!...Really?

You can always go back to Naija o.

No one will be holding you down not to...lol! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Egonnauche: 7:38am On Mar 18, 2020
Below is the mail I got since 2nd of February. And I’m supposed to wait for some weeks and I’ve been waiting without the follow up mail. Has anyone else received this mail? How long did you wait? What can I do in my own case? Please anyone with any advice to render will be appreciated. “The National Visa Center (NVC) received your fiancé (e)’s/spouse’s approved I-129F petition from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). NVC will now forward the petition to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in Lagos, Nigeria. Please note that the transfer process can take several weeks. The U.S. Embassy or Consulate will contact your fiancé (e)/spouse when they are ready to process his or her petition.

Next steps:
Go to our website http://nvc.state.gov/k1 to learn how to apply for a K visa and prepare for the visa interview.

Please keep the following information for your records”

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by NTUk1: 9:09am On Mar 18, 2020
Egonnauche:
Below is the mail I got since 2nd of February. And I’m supposed to wait for some weeks and I’ve been waiting without the follow up mail. Has anyone else received this mail? How long did you wait? What can I do in my own case? Please anyone with any advice to render will be appreciated. “The National Visa Center (NVC) received your fiancé (e)’s/spouse’s approved I-129F petition from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). NVC will now forward the petition to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in Lagos, Nigeria. Please note that the transfer process can take several weeks. The U.S. Embassy or Consulate will contact your fiancé (e)/spouse when they are ready to process his or her petition.

Next steps:
Go to our website http://nvc.state.gov/k1 to learn how to apply for a K visa and prepare for the visa interview.

Your case should be at the embassy by now, you can track it on ceac.state.gov using your case number. If it shows ready go ahead and fill the Ds160, pay the fee and book your interview. The embassy takes a while to send packet 3 but just go ahead and do your part they will contact your fiancé soon.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Egonnauche: 9:25am On Mar 18, 2020
NTUk1:

Your case should be at the embassy by now, you can track it on ceac.state.gov using your case number. If it shows ready go ahead and fill the Ds160, pay the fee and book your interview. The embassy takes a while to send packet 3 but just go ahead and do your part they will contact your fiancé soon.
. Thank you
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Egonnauche: 7:40am On Mar 19, 2020
NTUk1:

pls can I reach you via email plssss , this is mine - arimaha1127@yahoo.com . Pls I will be waiting
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by ottidex(m): 11:26pm On Mar 20, 2020
Egonnauche:

Next steps:

I am in the Same Phase as You, I am still waiting but nothing from US Embassy Lagos.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Edobreed: 11:51pm On Mar 20, 2020
Soo I got my passport today and visa was issued..
@ paosca 20.. thanks for the word of advice during the wait.

3 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by dicsnemma: 6:40pm On Mar 21, 2020
Hello everyone, so i got to the US yesterday afternoon, my POE was JFK and my time with the CBP was seamless. most connecting flights were cancelled, luckily for me, mine was not. Please elders in the house,how long until i can apply for my temporary SS card and what is the procedure? God bless you all and good luck to everyone else behind us.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by disguy1: 7:29pm On Mar 21, 2020
dicsnemma:
Hello everyone, so i got to the US yesterday afternoon, my POE was JFK and my time with the CBP was seamless. most connecting flights were cancelled, luckily for me, mine was not. Please elders in the house,how long until i can apply for my temporary SS card and what is the procedure? God bless you all and good luck to everyone else behind us.

Welcome bro.
For the SS card, you should be able to apply as soon as you like. But I’m sure SSA offices are also on lockdown due to the COVID-19 outbreak. follow this guide on VJ for procedures.
https://www.visajourney.com/guides/social-security-number/

All d best bro.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by dicsnemma: 9:02pm On Mar 21, 2020
disguy1:

Welcome bro.
For the SS card, you should be able to apply as soon as you like. But I’m sure SSA offices are also on lockdown due to the COVID-19 outbreak. follow this guide on VJ for procedures.
https://www.visajourney.com/guides/social-security-number/

All d best bro.

Oh okay bro, thanks a lot. Hope you are doing okay?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by folarinstr: 8:14am On Mar 22, 2020
Hello
Pls, is K1 process still active and not banned?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Laboutique: 1:16pm On Mar 22, 2020
paosca20:
I'm finally in US! I miss naija already! Got here yesterday

Bro thanks for your earlier response, another question. Did you go back to qlife to collect medical report before you travelled or you just went with the sealed packet from the embassy.

Please anyone else can answer me asap.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by paosca20: 1:55pm On Mar 22, 2020
Laboutique:

Bro thanks for your earlier response, another question. Did you go back to qlife to collect medical report before you travelled or you just went with the sealed packet from the embassy.

Thanks

I went with the sealed package from embassy
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Laboutique: 2:33pm On Mar 22, 2020
paosca20:

I went with the sealed package from embassy

Just to clarify, that means you didn't go back to qlife to pick up medicals?

Just the sealed package and your passport?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by disguy1: 4:01pm On Mar 22, 2020
Laboutique:

You will need to get Form DS-3025 (Vaccination sheet) from Q-Life to use for your adjustment of status application. So, if you haven't gotten that from them already, you need to get it.

You will submit the sealed packet at the Port of Entry with CBP. The DS-3025 will be used for your AOS application subsequently.

HTH
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by paosca20: 8:09pm On Mar 22, 2020
Laboutique:

Yes sir. I didnt go back! However, I didnt use QLIFE. I used IOM in Abuja. I think people that used Qlife are in a better position to answer ur question
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by brownesugar: 11:48pm On Mar 22, 2020
Laboutique:

Thanks

My own lil knowledge about it cos i did my medicals @qlife dec 2019,If you had your test @qlife they would hve sent your results to the embassy before your interview date ,on getting to the embassy they ll do a confirmation of your test result before the CO calls you,however qlife will give u a date to come for collection of your the card ,CD&a white sheet which carrys a scan copy of your passport photo (the CD which includes your xray results and co)you would be advised to travel with those documents too along with your sealed pack as its important too(as it includes your med reports incase some POE immigration officers want to misbehave and u ll need it too when adjusting status....
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Laboutique: 4:28pm On Mar 23, 2020
brownesugar:

My own lil knowledge about it cos i did my medicals @qlife dec 2019,If you had your test @qlife they would hve sent your results to the embassy before your interview date ,on getting to the embassy they ll do a confirmation of your test result before the CO calls you,however qlife will give u a date to come for collection of your the card ,CD&a white sheet which carrys a scan copy of your passport photo (the CD which includes your xray results and co)you would be advised to travel with those documents too along with your sealed pack as its important too(as it includes your med reports incase some POE immigration officers want to misbehave and u ll need it too when adjusting status....

OK.. Thank you

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Edobreed: 3:55pm On Mar 25, 2020
Soo I got to US on monday night via emirate airline
Went from Lagos to Dubai to Boston and Washington
Boston was my 1st Poe, so I was stoped and checked. gave the immigration office my packet, went through it for like 10minute and stamped me in..after which I connected to Washington DC..

4 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Okpueee: 6:55pm On Mar 25, 2020
This thread is sooo quiet. Na wa o
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by granmurdafucker(f): 7:30pm On Mar 25, 2020
Egonnauche:
. Thank you

Hello good people of Nairaland, happy quarantine! Lolz.. Please we don't know how to start hence we came here for better knowledge before acting. Okay, a friend fiancé is a US citizen they have known each other for 11years now,dated wayback late make up last year & he visited 9ja January & has return back to US. okay, she just find out she's pregnant & Dude is saying she will come over to US for delivery of their child. Her worries is between K1 & medical visa that B1 which is advisable for her to apply?? Also, can she get k1 before she will 7months gone? Please advise us on the best route to take.. Thanks in anticipation as I look forward to your reply!
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Sukey: 4:48am On Mar 27, 2020
dicsnemma:

You gotta wait At least two weeks before you can apply,but with this corona virus thing going on,you never can tell.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by dicsnemma: 6:58pm On Mar 28, 2020
Sukey:

You gotta wait At least two weeks before you can apply,but with this corona virus thing going on,you never can tell.

Yeah, I actually intend waiting for two weeks before going to their office, I checked their working hours on Google and realized they are open for business Mon-Fri.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sharpman1(m): 7:56pm On Mar 28, 2020
dicsnemma:

Yeah, I actually intend waiting for two weeks before going to their office, I checked their working hours on Google and realized they are open for business Mon-Fri.

Most of their offices are not open to public at this moment so you may have to wait. Which city are you in?

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by dicsnemma: 3:25pm On Mar 29, 2020
sharpman1:

Most of their offices are not open to public at this moment so you may have to wait. Which city are you in?

Virginia bro.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by brownesugar: 7:22pm On Mar 29, 2020
@sandraigho,@treasureprince1 how are you guys doing/ its been a while any update yet?this our room is so quiet lately..#besafeeveryone..#onelove

(1) (2) (3) ... (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) ... (259) (Reply)

Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.